imageRegister

Author Topic: NBA 2010-2011  (Read 9478 times)

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
Re: NBA 2010-2011
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2011, 12:49:24 PM »
IN YO FACE BOSTON!

Looks like the Heat will play the 76ers. I will post some more insight when the regular season officially ends.

In the meantime...

http://radshadowsports.blogspot.com/

For those of you that want to see me rant about sports even more!
"It took hundreds to kill me, but I killed by the thousands."

RPGDL Fantasy Football 2010 Champion

Veryslightlymad

• CONCEPTUALIZATION [Challenging: Success]
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Shitposts are a type of art for webforums
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2011, 05:43:20 PM »
P-p-p-playoff predictions!

EAST:
Chicago vs Indiana ~ 4-0 (See no reason for the pacers to take a game, here.)
Miami vs Philadelphia ~ 4-1 (Even though they swept Philly in the regular season, I think the sixers will sneak a game)
Boston vs New York ~ 4-2 (Some are calling this the most intriguing match of the playoffs. I am calling them dumbasses)
Orlando vs Atlanta ~ 4-1 (Atlanta never impresses this time of the year. I see little reason for them to start now.

MEANING!
Chicago vs Orlando ~ 4-2 (Should be fun, but I think Orlando needs one more year.
Miami vs Boston ~ 4-3 (I think Boston's experience should take this one over an undisciplined Miami team. Part of me doubts the 7 game prediction, even.

MEANING!
Chicago vs Boston ~ 4-3 (And I really hate the damn Celtics. I just think they match well vs the Bulls.)

MEANWHILE!
WEST:
San Antonio vs Memphis ~ 4-0 (Now is not the year to break your streak, Memphis.)
LA Lakers vs New Orleans ~ 4-2 (Could be a fun series)
Dallas vs Portland ~ 4-1 (Dallas should be able to put away a hobbled Portland without any trouble.
Oklahoma City vs Denver ~ 4-3 (This should be the most exciting series of the year. Incidentally, Denver has the best record of any team in the league after the Carmelo Anthony trade. LOLMelo.)

MEANING!
San Antonio vs Denver ~ 4-1 (By now the Spurs will be healthy. I maintain that the Spurs are unbeatable when healthy. This is a spoiler alert.)
LA Lakers vs Dallas ~ 4-2 (I really prefer Dallas, even to the Lakers, but they just.... seem to lack something in the playoffs. I usually write that stuff off as nonsense, but I think if anyone can get in the head of the Mavs, it's Phil Jackson.

MEANING!
San Antonio vs LA Lakers ~ 4-3 (See: Spoiler alert)

MEANING!
San Antonio vs Boston ~ 4-2 (San Antonio is unbeatable when healthy.)

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2011, 04:54:27 PM »
Interesting that we do not see eye to eye on these playoff predictions. ODD INDEED!

~

Chi v Ind - Bulls in 4
Orl v Atl - Magic in 6

Mia v Phi - Heat in 4
Bos v NY - Celtics in 7

THEN

Chi v Orl - Magic in 6 (upset special!)
Miav Bos - Heat win their toughest matchup in the playoffs in a hard fought seven game series.

THEN

Florida squares off once more, Heat prevail in a 4-2 series winning in six games.

Meanwhile...in the WEST!

San v Mem - Spurs in 6
Dal v Por - Trailblazers in 7. I just don't like the Mavericks and have no faith in them...ever.

LaL v Nor - Lakers in 4
Okc v Den - Thunder in 7. Denver is the deepest team in the playoffs right now, but they have some injury issues.

THEN

San v Por - Trailblazers in 7
Lal v Okc - Thunder in 6 . No threepeat, thank goodness!

THEN

Okc v Por - Thunder in 5. I expect Portland to sustain some injuries getting all the way here. Even healthy they don't match up well against Durantula and co.

WHICH MEANS!

Miami Heat verus Oklahoma City Thunder

Good matchup, but of course the Heat win it all. I say Heat win this series in six games.

Lebron gets vindicated. Wade gets ring number two. Bosh gives birth to a baby raptor. And coach Spo starts a Mambo line with Spike Lee and Aquaman.

~~

OH!

AND I won it all in my fantasy basketball league. That leaves me with just baseball and Hockey to conquer next since as you all already know I am the grand champion of Football around these parts.

*flexes*
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 05:02:15 PM by Scar »

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Modern Drunkard Magazine
« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2011, 05:50:13 AM »
Holy shit dude. Holy shit.

Best game I have ever been to.

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2011, 09:48:33 PM »
Well I knew to get to the finals it would come to this. Bring it Boston! Hopefully Wade can stop acting like a bitch every time he doesn't get a foul call and runs back to cover Allen.

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2011, 10:48:11 PM »
The schedule for Celtics-Heat is too old man friendly for Miami to stand a chance.  Nothing like extended rest to keep the geezers going!
Rocky: you do know what an A-bomb is, right?
Bullwinkle: A-bomb is what some people call our show!
Rocky: I don't think that's very funny...
Bullwinkle: Neither do they, apparently!

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2011, 11:44:28 PM »
Thunder/Grizz in a matchup of small cities~ I can't say I'm sad to play the Grizz.
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2011, 11:55:51 PM »
The schedule for Celtics-Heat is too old man friendly for Miami to stand a chance.  Nothing like extended rest to keep the geezers going!

Also once the game goes badly LeBron will quit again.

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2011, 05:49:29 PM »
Hard to label someone a quitter when that is not the case. It's crazy when James has help how much better he plays. That three pointer in the Celtics corner was one of the craziest shots I have ever seen from him.

Clutch.

No quit in his game.

Sayanora Boston.

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2011, 03:41:21 AM »
Yeah, LeBron is definitely not clutch.

Bring on the Bulls!

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2011, 05:59:00 AM »
Also once the game goes badly LeBron will quit again.

Yeah, that 3-1 series lead sure was an insurmountable situation to push through.

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2011, 10:15:59 PM »
Ha! No love huh? Can't you even credit him for performing well under those circumstances and closing off the last championship calibre team in the playoffs?

No? You seem to just want to bury him and make excuses for why he wins now? (insert lol here.)

Haters are gonna hate I s'pose.

Well fan of the Heat or not, that was a great game for James, who for the first time in his career had a teammate score 30 points alongside him.

Funny how a little help changes things around. Hmmmmmmm

Continue to make excuses though. That's what haters do.

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2011, 02:53:23 AM »
Yes, it really is impressive how he works when everything goes his way. You'd think that winning a series as the favored team somehow absolved him of quitting on his team last year. But hey who am I to argue with a blatant homer who changed his entire view on the player when he ditched his hometown?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 02:57:29 AM by Rob the Stampede »

Bobbin Cranbud

• Denizen
    • View Profile
    • The Writing of Joshua Cole
« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2011, 03:51:12 PM »
No, see, obviously the team that was the worst team in the league before James joined, and the worst team in the league after he left, had all the help he could ever have needed to win a title.  A trip to the Finals without a single other player who would make the team, much less the rotation, in Dallas or Denver, or probably Boston or LA?  Entirely not on James.  Losing in the second round to the team that won the Eastern Conference Championship last year?  All James.  Being unable to build a team around the best player in the NBA through two full contracts?  Entirely understandable.  Said player leaving in free agency after a disappointing playoff series?  Entirely unforgivable.

Everything Makes Sense When You Employ Human Insincerity Based Humor
Read my webnovel, Eye Opener, now available on RoyalRoad.

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2011, 05:03:36 PM »
Funny how you say that when he was playing with Shaq, who then promptly signed with Boston the very next year.  But let's not let the facts get in the way of fellating someone whose only redeeming quality is the ability to put a ball through a hoop.

Say what you want about James the basketball player but James the human being is an asshole, and completely quitting on his team, his fans, and the people cutting his paycheck in a playoff game is only one reason.

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 13, 2011, 05:39:01 PM »
Unforgivable? Asshole? Ha. You all must live in Cleveland. He''s just human folks. Makes mistakes like everyone else. heh

Sure I am a homer. And what do you want me to hate on LeBron James now that he is a member of the Heat? I welcomed him with open arms like a good fan is supposed to. Until he "quits" on my team I won't have any problem with him. Oh yeah, and then there's this guy they call Flash who never quits and has proved to be able to put an entire team on his back in the past.

The Celtics were the monkey off LeBron's back. Hopefully this will allow him to play better which would be scary.

If Tom Brady got traded to the Dolphins do you think I'd hate on him still? HELL NO! Welcome to the family baby!

With open arms.

But who cares what you guys think. Obviously nothing he does will ever change the way you see him. I for one am having a great time watching him play this year. GO HEAT!!!!!

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2011, 06:19:02 PM »
No, I don't live in Cleveland.  I live in Michigan.  And I'm not trying to bash you or anything, Scar.  He's a great basketball player, and he plays for your team.  I would expect you to like him as a player.  That doesn't mean I have to like the guy as a person, and I don't like it when people apologize for him for his stupid mistakes just because he's an athlete.

Bobbin Cranbud

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2011, 07:06:18 PM »
Don't get me wrong, with Denver out of the running, I want Dallas to win.  Kidd, Nowitzki, Stojakovic and Terry are all probably on their last chance to get a ring, and I like all those players more than LeBron.  They get extra props for dismantling the Lakers.

I just don't agree with the party line about how LeBron conducted his affairs.  I'm not talking about as a basketball player, but as a public figure.  I watched the '10 ECSF, and he had a bad series.  To you that's "quitting," to me it's "having a bad series."  His departure from Cleveland was a media event for TWO YEARS before it happened, and I have no problem with him announcing his decision in a public fashion.

If he'd gone to, say, the Lakers I would've been upset, but hey, it's his decision.  That's what free agency MEANS.

On a scale of "sports figure assholery," LeBron is about a 2/10 - personally arrogant and a showoff in a playful but nonetheless mocking manner.

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2011, 08:26:04 PM »
Sure. I can agree "The Decision" was a bad way to tell Cleveland that he was leaving.

BUT! That does not make the man an asshole. All the money that show collected was transferred right to charity. That does not seem like something an asshole would do.

Did he have to stay in Cleveland? No. What did he do wrong that every other free agent hasn't done? I mean, let's look at it this way. If he signed with someone other then Miami in the off season I would not be a fan of his, but I wouldn't fault him for what he did. The Cavs sucked before James and they suck after James. All is right with the world.

And you can't tell me that Dan Gilbert did not have this coming to him. He is the asshole in this scenario.

Either you really wanted LBJ to stay with yer team because you had faith in the man or you thought he quit on your team just to get the easy road out of your town. It can't be both! Make up your mind good sir.

~

Anyways, I said Heat x Thunder finals so I know I was wrong with a lot of the other picks, but at least that is still an option!

~

And for the record I hate Miami fans. They only show up when teams are doing good. They are as fake as they come.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 15, 2011, 03:29:00 PM »
Donating to charity is a way to put a positive publicity spin on something when you realize you're being an asshole. HE DID A NATIONALLY TELEVISED HOUR OF DRAMA TO GIVE THE FINGER TO HIS FANS. That's what was 'different from everyone else'! It displays a level of egomania and complete lack of caring about his loyal fanbase that I can't really recall. Playing the race card afterwards certainly doesn't help; "omg people still like Favre". I have not spoken to a single person who isn't a Minny fan who doesn't think Brett Favre is an asshole. But I guess knowing that would require you to pull your head out of your own ass, eh LeBron?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 03:35:13 PM by Ciato »

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 16, 2011, 07:39:42 AM »
If they are HIS fans then they should be HIS fans wherever he goes.

But anyways, that was a hard game to watch today! We gotta steal at least one from them in their home court!

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 20, 2011, 05:58:58 PM »
Someone pointed this website out to me and I couldn't stop laughing.

http://mrslebronwade.com/

also, this...

Enjoy.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 06:01:48 PM by Scar »

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 20, 2011, 07:59:17 PM »
If I found out Kevin Durant was a douche I'd probably like him less especially if this coincided with him going to a different team!

Speaking of KD, woooooooooooooo, stealing one at home. Ready for Saturday.

Bobbin Cranbud

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 25, 2011, 05:54:35 PM »
Back to back overtime wins to secure 3-1 series, with the losing team having to fail it up spectacularly and the winning team having to be pretty much perfect for the last ten minutes?  (Albeit the Heat/Bulls game was rather less spectacular in this regard than the Mavs/Thunder one.)

That is definitely not a thing I expected to exist.

The fails happened in completely different ways, too.  OKC looked emotionally beaten once the Dallas run got underway - shellshocked, and a bit discombobulated without Harden to run the offense.  Chicago looked physically and mentally beaten - exhausted, and absent anything like an offensive set.  I can't believe they kept going to the Rose/James iso resulting in a 3-point hoist.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 26, 2011, 05:26:12 PM »
It was a fun ride! Ready for the future of the Thunder.