Register

Author Topic: NBA 2010-2011  (Read 9476 times)

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
Re: NBA 2010-2011
« Reply #75 on: May 28, 2011, 01:38:08 AM »
YAY!

Ok, so I wanted to face the Thunder, but Dallas proved me wrong. Oh well.

Also, I have tickets to game 1. It's gonna be awesome! I get a free shirt! Yay!

But anyways, I think we can stop calling LeBron a quitter and not clutch already? You don't call someone a quitter because he has bad games every once in awhile. He's human, not a basketball gawd. Boston had his number, you saw after they eliminated them how much relief was expressed in James' demeanor. He does not want to lose and him, not my favorite player, Wade has been the force behind the Heat's impressive playoff performance so far.

But anyways....it's going to be a great finals. I hope it is redemption for James, and not Dirk though!

Go MIAMI!

~

Also, Boozer is complete garbage. I hope Chi town is happy with him for the next few years! What a horrible off season pick up. Bwa hahahahaha
"It took hundreds to kill me, but I killed by the thousands."

RPGDL Fantasy Football 2010 Champion

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 02, 2011, 09:25:49 PM »
Awesome game 1 experience until I was robbed of my phone, my ID, my 100 dollar watch, 200 dollars in cash my 300 dollar camera, and my 600 dollar pair of prescription glasses.

and one shoe...

FUCK.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 02, 2011, 09:37:28 PM »
They took your glasses? those fuckers.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Veryslightlymad

• CONCEPTUALIZATION [Challenging: Success]
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Shitposts are a type of art for webforums
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 03, 2011, 04:53:52 AM »
I really wanted to come in and say something mean to you, and then I saw you were robbed.

That sucks, man.

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 03, 2011, 04:54:28 AM »
WHO THE FUCK STEALS ONE SHOE! Honestly...

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 03, 2011, 05:13:35 AM »
...maybe the dude needed to throw it at someone?

seriously though, that sucks, man.
Rocky: you do know what an A-bomb is, right?
Bullwinkle: A-bomb is what some people call our show!
Rocky: I don't think that's very funny...
Bullwinkle: Neither do they, apparently!

Dunefar

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Wuffy-wuff-wuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 13, 2011, 03:54:30 AM »
Dirk finally got his ring. Yay.
* Infinite_Ko_Loop is now known as Ko-CidisnotaPrincess
<Nephrite> That is depressing.
<CmdrKing> I know.  Cid would makea  great princess.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 13, 2011, 04:46:08 AM »
DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRK
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Modern Drunkard Magazine
« Reply #83 on: June 13, 2011, 08:22:11 AM »
Never have LeBron James break a dollar, because he won't give you a fourth quarter.

Way to go up to the podium WITH Wade and have him answer your questions for you, chickenshit.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 08:27:02 AM by Rob the Stampede »

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 13, 2011, 08:34:00 AM »
So year one was not a complete success, but I suppose they can only improve from here.

Still sucks though.

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 13, 2011, 08:40:14 AM »
On the other hand, the post-lockout collective bargaining agreement could impose a hard salary cap.  There's plenty of room for down.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 13, 2011, 03:08:03 PM »
This does remind me of a conversation I had at work.

I said "Man, what they did to the Heat in the fourth quarter of Game 2 was kinda like what they did to OKC!" You know, I'm being cordial, saying that I sympathetic with being raped by Dirk in the fourth quarter.

"Oh, no, the Heat are way better than the Thunder, it won't happen again, Heat are too good, don't compare the Thunder to them."

Guess not. They lasted one game longer!!!

*sends her friend a nasty text message* :)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 03:11:54 PM by Ciato »
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 13, 2011, 08:10:17 PM »
This is, I just realized, the second time this year that good has triumphed over evil in sports. It's like we've turned a corner or something.

hinode

• Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • And ladies! And ladies who dress like men!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 14, 2011, 01:49:59 AM »
Never forget that the Miami Heat actually fired their ticket staff last summer.

It's not just LeBron being a dick, the whole franchise is outright rotten.

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 14, 2011, 02:19:38 AM »
A shame, because I like Wade and the cause he's adopted (getting fathers more involved in their children's lives) is one that is important to me.

Captain K.

• Do you even...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...lift books bro?
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 14, 2011, 03:46:18 AM »
I'm thinking Dallas won this year because Mark Cuban finally learned to shut the fuck up and just let the team play.

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 14, 2011, 04:14:40 AM »
I mean, no disrespect to anyone on this site...

But the hate towards the Heat and campaigns against them in favor of their failed attempt is down right sickening.

It's cool to dislike a team....but isn't there a tipping point?

Cavs fans are cheering like they did something this year. They did not do anything without LeBron James and Dallas winning is no victory for them either.

I mean, half the fans that were rooting for the Mavericks weren't even Mavs fans to begin with. Everyone just wanted to see the Heat lose.

Yeah, it was good versus evil, or so they say. What makes Dallas any more "good" then the Heat? The Miami players do just as much charitable things for the community as Dallas.

Yes, LeBron is not Jordan...but who is? Can we get off this guys back already. I changed teams in a poor fashion that may or may not have been fabricated by his own doings. (Not sure on this one, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.)

In the end, my team lost. Do I hate the Mavericks any more now? Not really. I dislike any franchise my team is playing against.

So, whatever. Congratulations Dallas. You were the better team this year.

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
  • Never feels any pain, never really dies
    • View Profile
    • This is the state to which I have been reduced.
« Reply #92 on: June 14, 2011, 04:38:38 AM »
I mean, no disrespect to anyone on this site...

But the hate towards the Heat and campaigns against them in favor of their failed attempt is down right sickening.

Speaking as a Boston fan?

No. No there is not.

Welcome to the club.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 14, 2011, 04:56:40 AM »
LeBron's "fuck the common man, my life is so much better than yours, why would I care what anyone thinks of me?" must have gone completely over your head, huh?

And yet you talk about sickening. He used an hour-long special to give the finger to fans in his home state.  There's a reason nobody but Miami homers respect him at all.

Three players engage in what would totally be tampering if the NBA decided to care, crown themselves 8-time NBA champions before their first practice, and somehow you're surprised people are glad to see them fail. Holy living fuck.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 04:59:48 AM by Rob the Stampede »

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 14, 2011, 05:06:05 AM »
Shaq did the same thing too. I don't think he was thrown with half this much criticism...but then again I guess he delivered....in year 2.

hinode

• Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • And ladies! And ladies who dress like men!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 14, 2011, 05:11:08 AM »
Again, they FIRED their ticket staff last year, which was a total dick move considering the state of the job market. Talk about a stereotypical Hollywood evil faceless corporation move to make.

Yes, they didn't really need any employees to sell out every game this year, but the .0001% cost savings that it was worth for a franchise that just guaranteed themselves multi-millions in revenues is absolutely nothing in the big picture for them, whereas it's a total screwjob for those 30 employees who got fired. That's a totally classless move from a classless organization with fans who are evidently just as classless.

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 14, 2011, 05:29:27 AM »
Shaq did the same thing too. I don't think he was thrown with half this much criticism...but then again I guess he delivered....in year 2.

Shaq didn't announce he was changing teams in a TV special or guarantee even one championship when he went to LA. For all his big talk he never reached the point of showing blatant contempt for the fanbase like LeBron has repeatedly.  Nor did he engage in tampering, I might add.

But oh wait, he left a team in Florida, of course you think it's just as bad.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 05:38:39 AM by Rob the Stampede »

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 14, 2011, 03:25:33 PM »
I was talking about when Shaq left LA and went to Miami. Miami did the same parade to welcome Shaq as they did with the big three. Granted, this last one was a little more over the top, but it has happened before.

But I digress. You are not going to change your opinion on LeBron. It's the same thing I hear from just about every Heat hater. They hate LeBron, respect Wade, and are indifferent towards Bosh.  I guess that makes you a stereotype.

Ten again. I always did think what the organization did last year was pretty classless. They totally screwed over staff that were not in the wrong. I've already said Miami has a horrible fan base. Possibly worse then Philadelphia fans.

Oh, but I forgot that everyone in Philly has always loved the Phillies. That surge of bandwagon...ism(?) did not magically appear right after the team stopped sucking hardcore.

They might pretend to care more when their teams are good, but it's the same thing.

Me, you can say whatever you want. I have never shied away from my love of teams from the state of Florida. I could give two shits how the average Miami fan acts and behaves or when they start following said franchises. 

In all honesty. I was expecting the Miami fans at game 6 to start booing their team off the quart. You know boo them for failing...in the Finals. I'm shocked it did not happen.

All I know is that the team did not get it done. It was not all James' fault. He shares some of the blame, but not all of it. It isn't fair to single him out just because he is the easiest. If the Heat players want to win next year, they better become motivated after losing this year. They play like such a sloppy game and only get by because of the sheer amount of collected talent they have. This loss better light a fire under their asses, because now the scrutiny is coming from every angle...and yeah, they made it that way (Even though it was done before, that parade was still way too overblown) so can not hide from it.

Also, Rob you say Heat homer like it's a derogatory thing. In fact every time you reply to something I throw out here it always seems malicious.  Take a chill pill bro. It's just a friendly debate.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 14, 2011, 03:35:22 PM »
It's hard not to hate someone who comes off as entitled as Lebron James. It isn't like Dallas is the underdog- look at their payroll- but man, it's easy to root against a team that talks about it's dynasty before it has even played a single game in a season.

Judging by the 2007 patriots, there isn't.  All this shit should cool off in the offseason (Especially if there's a lockout), so just shrug it off and wait for people to remember that Mark Cuban is Mark Cuban.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 14, 2011, 06:13:52 PM »
Very few people are legitimately glad the Mavericks won. Most people are just happy to see the Heat lose. There's a difference.  Like Churchill said, "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would at least make a favorable reference to the devil."

Also, Rob you say Heat homer like it's a derogatory thing.
There are few contexts where "Homer" is anything but, son.