Register

Author Topic: Best Scenes Round 2, Pool 7 - Do you think you can best me?  (Read 1739 times)

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Best Scenes Round 2, Pool 7 - Do you think you can best me?
« on: November 01, 2010, 01:47:57 AM »
DRAMA:
Meeting Kato in the Cemetary (SH2) |||| | vs. The Miracle (SH2) ||||
Arshtat debriefs you after Lordlake (Suikoden V) |||| |||| | vs. Badrach's Story (Valkyrie Profile)

STYLE:
Death Ending (Ogre Battle) ||| vs. Tibarn vs Lekain (FE10) |||| |||
Assault of the Silver Dragons (FF9) |||  vs. "I wish you would embrace God." (Grim Grimoire) |||| |

HUMOR:
Garan's Pillow (SHC) |||| vs. Dog Ending (Silent Hill 2) |||
Omlette! (Persona 4) |||| vs. End Chapter 7 (Mana Khemia 2) |||| |

LETS HAVE A WRONG DIVISION:
Shlooop (Shadow Hearts) |||| || vs. Manos, the Hand of Golbez (Final Fantasy IV) |||

For the record, I totally agree that anyone who thinks "Shlooop" was intentional is mad and should be hit with a large sack of potatoes!

Moving on...

DRAMA:
Celes' Cliff Dive (FFVI) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok6qjPj7O3g#t=4m43s) vs. Raksha's Reveal (Soul Nomad) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgBcmApqRDA&feature=related)
Ferid and Arshstat (Suikoden 5) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oPI9HXWdVI) vs. Arnaud and Raquel at Frontier Halim (Wild ARMs 4) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-kHfA8JE6Y - until about 1:25)

STYLE:
Cloud Backstabs Sephiroth...literally (Crisis Core) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK7Fhaw-0ZY#t=9m20s) vs. Metal Gear Ziggy (XenoSaga) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZV_soVbO1es#t=1m55s)
"I've forgotten how to miss!" (Lufia 2) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDqnCpI0LGQ#t=5m24) vs. Sex Talk with Dr. Kaufman  (Silent Hill: Shattered Memories) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YdK9L18x_Y#t=1m23s)

HUMOR:
King's Game (Persona 4) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxL5U7ZJtCo) vs. Terra Condor Pre-Fight Scene (Megaman Starforce 2) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbNbvxhNq-g#t=22s - until whenever the battle starts)
Ultros Jams the Opera! (Final Fantasy 6) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-ecBRIVSy0) vs. Presidental Debate (Sam and Max: Abe Lincoln Must Die!) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouV0ZStoQZ0)

WRONG DIVISION! YES SIR!:
You Little Hoochies! (Lufia 2) (http://homepage.mac.com/myronwu/thumbs/hoochees.gif) vs. Chu-Chu died for your sins (Xenogears) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No89V8ydHVY#t=3m55s)

SHORT FORM!!!

DRAMA:
Celes' Cliff Dive (FFVI) vs. Raksha's Reveal (Soul Nomad)
Ferid and Arshstat (Suikoden 5) vs. Arnaud and Raquel at Frontier Halim (Wild ARMs 4)

STYLE:
Cloud Backstabs Sephiroth...literally (Crisis Core) vs. Metal Gear Ziggy (XenoSaga)
"I've forgotten how to miss!" (Lufia 2) vs. Sex Talk with Dr. Kaufman  (Silent Hill: Shattered Memories)

HUMOR:
King's Game (Persona 4) vs. Terra Condor Pre-Fight Scene (Megaman Starforce 2)
Ultros Jams the Opera! (Final Fantasy 6) vs. Presidental Debate (Sam and Max: Abe Lincoln Must Die!)

You Little Hoochies! (Lufia 2) vs. Chu-Chu died for your sins (Xenogears)
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Best Scenes Round 2, Pool 7 - Do you think you can best me?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 01:53:10 AM »

DRAMA:

STYLE:
You Little Hoochies! (Lufia 2) vs. Chu-Chu died for your sins (Xenogears)- Former is a comic mistranslation, the latter is XG failing it up.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 01:53:25 AM »
DRAMA:
Ferid and Arshstat (Suikoden 5) vs. Arnaud and Raquel at Frontier Halim (Wild ARMs 4)- what. this is totally hax. Both are Top 10 scenes, yo.

STYLE:
Cloud Backstabs Sephiroth...literally (Crisis Core) vs. Metal Gear Ziggy (XenoSaga)
"I've forgotten how to miss!" (Lufia 2) vs. Sex Talk with Dr. Kaufman  (Silent Hill: Shattered Memories)- Lazy.

HUMOR:
Ultros Jams the Opera! (Final Fantasy 6) vs. Presidental Debate (Sam and Max: Abe Lincoln Must Die!)

You Little Hoochies! (Lufia 2) vs. Chu-Chu died for your sins (Xenogears)- More awesome.
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 02:07:41 AM »
DRAMA:
Celes' Cliff Dive (FFVI) vs. Raksha's Reveal (Soul Nomad) - Still maintain the former would be far, far more awesome if she died (and would win this, really).  As it is, it...feels less impactful than the latter. 
Ferid and Arshstat (Suikoden 5) vs. Arnaud and Raquel at Frontier Halim (Wild ARMs 4)

STYLE:
"I've forgotten how to miss!" (Lufia 2) vs. Sex Talk with Dr. Kaufman  (Silent Hill: Shattered Memories) - Sue Johansen what?

HUMOR:

[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Magetastic

• Denizen
  • Cooler than you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 02:15:18 AM »
DRAMA:
Celes' Cliff Dive (FFVI) vs. Raksha's Reveal (Soul Nomad) - Not even close.
Ferid and Arshstat (Suikoden 5) vs. Arnaud and Raquel at Frontier Halim (Wild ARMs 4) - This is unfair. They're both fantastic. As such, I'm voting for the one that probably won't win, just so it actually has a vote.

STYLE:

HUMOR:
<%King_Meepdorah> roll 1d999 for "It was beauty...that killed the mage"?
* +Hatbot --> "King_Meepdorah rolls 1d999 for "It was beauty...that killed the mage"? and gets 999."12 [1d999=999]
<%King_Meepdorah> ...
<+superaway> ...Uh oh.
<+RandomConsonant> ...
* +superaway shakes head.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 03:44:59 AM »
DRAMA:
Celes' Cliff Dive (FFVI) vs. Raksha's Reveal (Soul Nomad)- Raksha's reveal is a nice reveal, but yeah, an RPG character willing to kill herself over a seemingly hopeless situation after her belief of the destruction of her world feels a lot stronger.
Ferid and Arshstat (Suikoden 5) vs. Arnaud and Raquel at Frontier Halim (Wild ARMs 4)- Not even close to me. Second scene has honestly little overall impact to me, possibly for ducktailing into WA 4's overall theme which I'm not fond of it. Regardless, I'd suspect that it's overall lack of impact has to do with it's lack of plot impact, although it's a nice character scene. First scene is awesome emotionally and one of the plot's turning points.

STYLE:
Cloud Backstabs Sephiroth...literally (Crisis Core) vs. Metal Gear Ziggy (XenoSaga)- Well, I do like the beginning of the CC scene. Turns into a mess at the end, but the scene's name here implies only the beginning. Might ding it against a stronger opponent.
"I've forgotten how to miss!" (Lufia 2) vs. Sex Talk with Dr. Kaufman  (Silent Hill: Shattered Memories)- Second video is gone now.

HUMOR:
King's Game (Persona 4) vs. Terra Condor Pre-Fight Scene (Megaman Starforce 2)- Second video doesn't work for me (Although the comments imply it's a whazzup joke. Man isn't a good quarter in this quarter this week)

...into the nightfall.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 07:22:13 AM »
For the record, I totally agree that anyone who thinks "Shlooop" was intentional is mad and should be hit with a large sack of potatoes!

I don't see why it's that hard to believe. It's not like Shadow Hearts tries to be super serious all the time (Koudelka's voice in Yuri's head, the way Yuri flirts with Alice and Margarete, Roger Bacon in general). And by SH2, even the scariest of the horror elements have obvious "over-the-top parody" written all over them.

Is it so hard to believe that the writers/VA would make a jab at the tradition of 'telling scary stories'?  >.>;;

DRAMA:
Celes' Cliff Dive (FFVI) vs. Raksha's Reveal (Soul Nomad) - Not even a little close and I love the Celes scene.
Ferid and Arshstat (Suikoden 5) vs. Arnaud and Raquel at Frontier Halim (Wild ARMs 4) - Not even a little close and I love the Arnaud/Raquel scene.

STYLE:
Cloud Backstabs Sephiroth...literally (Crisis Core) vs. Metal Gear Ziggy (XenoSaga) - I guess.
"I've forgotten how to miss!" (Lufia 2) vs. Sex Talk with Dr. Kaufman  (Silent Hill: Shattered Memories) - More quotable. And since I'd completely forgotten the Sex Talk scene (and this is -me- we're talking about), I'm giving my vote to L2. In fairness, after rewatching the SHSM scene, it -is- pretty strong, but I'm gonna stick with memorability here.

HUMOR:
King's Game (Persona 4) vs. Terra Condor Pre-Fight Scene (Megaman Starforce 2) - Anyone who thinks this scene is unrealistic needs better friends.
Ultros Jams the Opera! (Final Fantasy 6) vs. Presidental Debate (Sam and Max: Abe Lincoln Must Die!) - <3 FF6, but Sam and Max is Godlike in Humor.

You Little Hoochies! (Lufia 2) vs. Chu-Chu died for your sins (Xenogears) - Not an actual line in the game, but XG is totally more quotable here than the game that I just gave points to for being quotable in the previous categories.

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2010, 08:16:45 AM »
DRAMA:

STYLE:
"I've forgotten how to miss!" (Lufia 2) vs. Sex Talk with Dr. Kaufman  (Silent Hill: Shattered Memories)

HUMOR:

CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2010, 02:44:06 PM »
DRAMA:

STYLE:

HUMOR:

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2010, 05:31:57 PM »
DRAMA:
Ferid and Arshstat (Suikoden 5) vs. Arnaud and Raquel at Frontier Halim (Wild ARMs 4) -
what. this is totally hax. Both are Top 10 scenes, yo.

STYLE:

HUMOR:

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2010, 07:35:34 PM »
DRAMA:
Celes' Cliff Dive (FFVI) vs. Raksha's Reveal (Soul Nomad) - Meh.

STYLE:
Cloud Backstabs Sephiroth...literally (Crisis Core) vs. Metal Gear Ziggy (XenoSaga) - Meh.

HUMOR:
King's Game (Persona 4) vs. Terra Condor Pre-Fight Scene (Megaman Starforce 2) - Anything with Teddie wins automatically.
Ultros Jams the Opera! (Final Fantasy 6) vs. Presidental Debate (Sam and Max: Abe Lincoln Must Die!) - Meh.

You Little Hoochies! (Lufia 2) vs. Chu-Chu died for your sins (Xenogears) - It's spelled "Hoochees."

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2010, 07:49:49 PM »
DRAMA:
Celes' Cliff Dive (FFVI) vs. Raksha's Reveal (Soul Nomad) - Yep.

STYLE:

HUMOR:
Ultros Jams the Opera! (Final Fantasy 6) vs. Presidental Debate (Sam and Max: Abe Lincoln Must Die!) - This is great.

You Little Hoochies! (Lufia 2) vs. Chu-Chu died for your sins (Xenogears) - Has more of a Scooby-Doo villain feel to it.

James_xeno

• Dark Force
  • Denizen
  • And ye shall be as gods
    • View Profile
    • My 1up profile page
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2010, 05:34:29 AM »

DRAMA:

STYLE:

HUMOR:

When antelopes cross a river crocodiles will eat some of them, but the majority will still make it through.
Because there are 500 antelope and three crocodiles. Not because the crocodiles are enviornmentalists.

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2010, 07:47:21 PM »
DRAMA:
Celes' Cliff Dive (FFVI) vs. Raksha's Reveal (Soul Nomad) - I like Celes' dive, but it's the weakest link this quarter.
Ferid and Arshstat (Suikoden 5) vs. Arnaud and Raquel at Frontier Halim (Wild ARMs 4) - Erm, yeah.  What Ciato said.  These are both really good scenes, and a lot of what I like in both is the same, just one's a beginning, the other's an ending.  But...  I think the trainwreck factor is enough to tip the scales.  And damn if that trainwreck is not glorious.

STYLE:
"I've forgotten how to miss!" (Lufia 2) vs. Sex Talk with Dr. Kaufman  (Silent Hill: Shattered Memories) - Dekar is the anti-style.

HUMOR: