Author Topic: Playin' any games today, Flying Nun? (WGAYP - 2011 Edition)  (Read 267399 times)

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
Re: Playin' any games today, Flying Nun? (WGAYP - 2011 Edition)
« Reply #2000 on: August 12, 2011, 03:46:32 AM »
Yeah, I've never been able to afford Royal Paradise myself. Not enough grindin'. (Which says something because my replay party was capable of doing 5-digit damage total per round reliably.)

Dealing fweem-level damage in S5 is more about the ruenslotsomg! *Eyes Miakis.*
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: August 12, 2011, 10:35:31 AM »
* Clear Tranquil examines shiny words

* Clear Tranquil twitches

Must ... resist ... fiending~

CLearly Gate should use Norma, three rune slots/multiple hits/shiny crits/CT baits. Or Killey crits up the wazoo *nodnods* Also hat~

Edit: Well with Norma there is always Ernst for even more game breaking fun and circus themed shenanigans too!~
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 04:59:50 PM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Modern Drunkard Magazine
« Reply #2002 on: August 12, 2011, 10:48:39 AM »
FFT- So apparently, the multi-player-only items just...aren't available on the iPhone port? That's shit.

Guess I'mma have to use the save editor. YOU HAVE FORCED MY HAND.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: August 12, 2011, 11:16:29 AM »
About to get the castle, been trying to use different peeps then before this game. Which will sadly mean no Belcoot or Cathari later on. I will give Richard a shot though.

Yeah, uh...  Richard's Parry rate is ridiculous.  If it wasn't a magic attack or endgame enemy, Richard probably wasn't taking damage.  I didn't even get into the broken side of runes on characters.

The Game - I CAN'T WIN.

Jokes aside...

Blazblue: Continuum Shift - For some reason, I think I've hit a skill cap.  I just don't seem to be getting any better, no matter how much I practice.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: August 12, 2011, 03:07:59 PM »
LoL: Eh. Just ranking Champs I've used at this point in terms of "How well they seemed to work for me." Keep in mind I suck at this game and suck VERY badly at a couple of the champs.

Amumu: 9/10. Beastly. Just generally beastly. Sticky Bandage for Eternal Godlike Champion.
Cassiopiea: 7/10. Very mean, but I could never quite get a handle on her damage output vs Champs.
Garen: 5/10. Not bad, but also nothing special to me. One of the first Champs I played though, so that could change if/when I play him again.
Heimerdinger: 6/10. Seemed pretty good, but the turrets honestly annoyed me. Too location dependent.
Janna: 9/10. Very versatile support. And pretty much every single ability she has is cool.
Jax: 1/10. I dunno what went wrong here, but I couldn't do shit with Jax.
Katarina: 4/10. I didn't do terribly thanks to her Q, but I also couldn't get particularly impressive results with her either.
Leona: 9/10. Sexy. Also fun with a competent partner, as you can almost guarantee single target kills it feels like.
Malzahar: 6/10. Katarina+ for me. Still couldn't get him to function as well as others did, but did decently enough.
Master Yi: 5/10. My dash ended me in range of death way too often =(.
Mordekaiser: 8/10. Very metal.
Morgana: 9/10. I dunno why, but I seriously had a blast playing her.
Nasus: 7/10. Siphoning Strike is hilarious shit, but I'm still not quite sure how to use his Ult right.
Nunu: 6/10. Seemed okay. Not really my cup of tea though.
Poppy: 5/10. Enjoyed her a lot, but that dash is such a pain in the ass.
Singed: 8/10. Trollol. Run around spewing poison, throw bitches everywhere, etc.
Sion: 1/10. See Jax.
Sivir: 9/10. Ricochet is seriously hilarious.
Tristana: 7/10. Fun, but not really engaging.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: August 12, 2011, 04:40:12 PM »
FF5a- Following in OK's footsteps in picking up the shinies. Though I went for Magus Rod/Yoichi's Bow/Assassin's Dagger from the Kaza equips. Been to Mirage/Phantom Village too. Hermes Sandals/Auto Haste for everybody! =-) My Summoner gets Air Knife for enhanced Syldra abuse. Black Mage gets Magus Rod. Chemist gets Dancing/Assassin's Dagger and Ranger gets Yoichi's Bow until I max out Chicken Knife. Game continues to get curbstomped. Mellusion was a borderline 2HKO - Firaga was doing 9999 when bounced off my team >_> It was doing 7000~ even without boosts. Absolutely curbstomped Mellusion, I don't think she even managed to move let alone do anything threatening <_< Pyramid of Moore was long dungeon, long dungeon is long. Think this is around where I got bored/gave up/got distracted from the game when I first played it years ago but I had my boots on this time ^_^ At least the premise is interesting, Egypt/Pyramids/Mummies/Scarabs/etc.

Epic Battle Fantasy 3- Fancied a challenge so started this off on Epic! mode. First time playing but I think it'll be fun. Just continuing to wander through the forest at this stage. Defeated the first two bosses/boss type enemies. Giant Slime was relatively easy though Lance did end the battle on 1HP. Land Turtle was something else. It ended up an Epic! Natalie solo since Matt and Lance went down near the begining of the fight and I didn't have any revival. At first I tried keeping Natalie's HP near full and then curing poison, hoping to eventually be able to go on an offensive when she was in good condition and not poisoned but this was starting to turn into a heal lock fest since the turtle just kept on repoisoning her so eventually I just alternated between heals and Fire when HP was relatively high instead. Easily finished off the Land Turtle this way. Natalie is <3 Should I teach her Kyun this early? She has enough AP to go for this or a choice from some other shiny looking abilities too~

(and yeah having fun so far though if I had one complaint it would be that the characters sometimes keep running in one direction through several screens of town/dungeon even though I'm not pressing in -that- direction/anything >_>)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 05:21:08 PM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: August 12, 2011, 05:06:09 PM »
Yeah, uh...  Richard's Parry rate is ridiculous.  If it wasn't a magic attack or endgame enemy, Richard probably wasn't taking damage.  I didn't even get into the broken side of runes on characters.

The Game - I CAN'T WIN.

To be fair, nothing that might actually conceivably kill you can be parried (the game's few competent bosses use entirely magic and unblockable physicals). Granted, there is rather little in S5 that can conceivably kill you. "I CAN'T WIN" sums it up.

EDIT: Parrying is still kinda useful, but it's more about free counter damage than anything else so you can take out ranged attackers while the melee types damage themselves on their own turn. Just... said melee enemies are not dangerous at all, since any remotely durable character in the front row (read: anyone with at least chain mail class and up to date armour... possibly leather in some cases) can sponge them.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 05:08:19 PM by Dark Holy Elf »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: August 12, 2011, 05:45:48 PM »
Natalie is <3 Should I teach her Kyun this early? She has enough AP to go for this or a choice from some other shiny looking abilities too~

(and yeah having fun so far though if I had one complaint it would be that the characters sometimes keep running in one direction through several screens of town/dungeon even though I'm not pressing in -that- direction/anything >_>)

Kyun, as a limit move, is generally just useful for Bosses, but at lower levels, you'll be seeing limits more often than higher levels.  At level, say, 9...  After she takes ~150% of her mHP in damage, she'll have a limit available.  At level 30...  It takes closer to 500% mHP in damage...  At least, according to the formulas.  While Kyun can be RIDICULOUSLY useful for Bosses, you also have to consider other utilities and what kind of elemental weaknesses you're dealing with on your enemies.  (Edited from chat, since I don't know if you saw it there.)  I'd say make sure that Natalie is doing well with Healmore/Revive first.  Buffs are awesome, since they modify your stats by a percentage after equipment is taken into account, making earlygame items particularly useful for quick buffs.

Also note you can change the turn order for free in-battle.  I spent the first half of my run through EBF3 without realizing that.

If you're making sure to get the medals, there's a few treasure rooms that open up.  Specifically, a treasure room in the forest for 10 medals gained, next area takes 20, and so on and so forth.  Make sure to get these, as they're very helpful.  Also, chests are hidden all over the place.  Did you get the few behind the item/weapon shops in the village?

And remember, running away is free and 100% successful.  Always.  Even in boss fights.  If you're getting in over your head (or you want free turns to use Lance's Scan like you should for the Bestiary Medals), just run away and reprepare yourself.  The only downside is that enemies full heal since they're not removed from the map, but that's not a big loss, right?

And...  I can't even guess what your move problem is, aside from maybe Firefox not being the active window all of a sudden while you were moving.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: August 12, 2011, 06:51:49 PM »
I'm aware that the game has no challenge. Just wondering about epic skills because "ooh shiny". And sorry CT but suggesting I use KILLEY of all people has just lost you points. <_<

Meanwhile, up to Lelcar. Running with Richard/Prince/Lyon/Kyle(forced atm, normally Zweig)/Viki/insert random person here(currently Zerase).

Was using Zegai for a bit, may swap him back in so I can have him duel Childrich for me later. Prolly won't stick with this team completely, rotating people around is fun and all. And being New Game+, I have the monies to keep multiple weapons up to date to allow this.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: August 13, 2011, 09:32:14 AM »
And sorry CT but suggesting I use KILLEY of all people has just lost you points. <_<

I don't get it =D

Thanks again for the info dump Magic. I'll make sure to keep it in mind for later  :)

Edit: Oh yeah Famed Mimic Gogo (!) is it possible to win this fight legit? I kept managing to get it to the stage where things get serious and then Gogo hulked out on me, there was Meteor spam, lots of KO!, pestilence, petrification and Odin's voice coming out of nowhere (what's that all about?)  :o I've managed to survive the initial onslaught of OTT Meteor spam through some Chemist abuse but only one character was left alive at the end of it and things went pear shaped from there because while I was in the process of reviving peeps the boss did Meteor spam again >_> I did eventually go with managing the fight the plot/scripted way after stealing a Gold Hairpin through save state abuse but yeah just wondering if it's actually possible to win through fighting proper. Nice to see FFV still has it in it to make CT eat some humble pie though =-)~
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 10:26:13 AM by Clear Tranquil »

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2010 on: August 13, 2011, 01:08:23 PM »
It's possible.  That Odin part is a bit of a glitch - he wasn't meant to fire off 3 Meteors in a row, so he'll do that, spout some other stuff, fire off a few more spells, then loop around again.  Basically, once you drop him down by...15k HP or so, he'll do that (the "uncultured boors!" part).  So you need to bypass that.  Using non-counterable skills works wonderful for beating him (reflect on characters, cast spells on self).  I forget what classes you have, but it might not be easily feasible (I like using Chemist to turn Gogo into a dragon type, then Jump with dual-wielded Dragon Lances to kill him). 

On my own notes - ready to conquer the great Phoenix Tower, and that...is it before the Void. 

Am I crazy enough to try to use the Thief Knife to steal everything possible before then?  Maybe! 
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: August 13, 2011, 03:27:20 PM »
LFT: Started this up, just beat Barius Hill. It's a lot of fun so far especially now that I've been getting more and more abilities so the changes have had more time to become apparent. It hasn't been too difficult yet mostly because I haven't been showing the game any mercy in the setups I've been using. I've been grinding a fair amount but focusing mostly on one or two classes for each character. Right now my setups are Ramza as a monk with Guts, male knight with Equip Bow and Charge, male summoner with White Magic, female wizard with a little bit of Time Magic, and thief with Charge. I also have a Red Dragon who I use when part of the team is doing propositions and I'll probably end up using Agrias. All of the units are useful in different ways. Game hasn't been too difficult but there have been some close calls. The Dorter Battle at the start of chapter 2 was close and some of the randoms have been challenging.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: August 13, 2011, 07:22:14 PM »
CT: Because Killey is an asshole and I do not use characters I find annoying. Especially in games with so many choices.(Exception: people who have Unite attacks with those I'm already using may get a pass no matter how much I dislike them.)

Lelcar beat. Probably the most annoying warbattle in the game there. Too small, no room to maneuver, easy to get locked into fights when an enemy retreats...into a wall they're already right next to which makes you immediately engage them again. Or worse, when the same happens to you after losing(accidentally caught by someone who has WTA on you, etc).

Didn't get any further though, because Kier had to go to bed. And S5 has officially become a spectator game for him, he wants to see all the plot scenes and such. I am amused.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: August 13, 2011, 07:24:40 PM »
Lelcar beat. Probably the most annoying warbattle in the game there. Too small, no room to maneuver, easy to get locked into fights when an enemy retreats...into a wall they're already right next to which makes you immediately engage them again. Or worse, when the same happens to you after losing(accidentally caught by someone who has WTA on you, etc).

Seconded with fire. Glad to see the little one is developping a good taste in RPG plots, though!

Maybe.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: August 13, 2011, 08:49:02 PM »
Radiant Historia - Loligoat sees plot devices.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #2015 on: August 13, 2011, 09:04:47 PM »
On the plus side, Snow has reached the peak of the pandering in Radiant Historia. It gets better from here on.

Beat Catherine a second time... I was very disappointed in how little changes from playthrough to playthrough. Not a game worth replaying, just youtube the endings.

hinode

• Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • And ladies! And ladies who dress like men!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: August 14, 2011, 12:55:12 AM »
Tactics Ogre: Ultimately I managed to get Hobyrim (whose new name I have an unfortunate tendency to parse as Hoborim) by basically rushing Ravness forward as quickly as possible into healing range. This involved feeding having Vyce feed a magic leaf to my Cleric for turn 1 Boon of Swiftness on her, plus a fourth PC to feed her a magic leaf as well to ensure she had enough MP to cast Heal II on the stupid guest.

I'm running three Ninjas on 12 man maps right now, which honestly feels kinda gamebreaking. A solo Ninja doesn't have enough offense to OHKO anything except for squishy enemy types like mages and can't really make good use of their hax mobility because they die easily if ganged up on. Three Ninjas have enough offense to kill just about everything and help cover each other somewhat, so they can just run rampant. I can use Speedstance for extra defense at the cost of speed, since building up TP is trivial enough for Ninjas and they hardly need finishers for offense. There've been a couple of maps like the middle Barnicia fight where they climbed up the walls immediately and, along with Canopus, literally killed the boss before anyone else could even get in position to attack save a couple of weak indirect spells from Sherri.

Getting Ranger caught up on levels was sleep-inducingly boring, but Knight Commander suprisingly was actually surprisingly easy. Ozma's base stats and starting skills were hax enough that she could singlehandedly solo random battles at Tynemouth Hill for big exp, which got her caught up in only a few battles. That leaves only Katiua left to get caught up... ugh, pretty sure she can't solo randoms like Ozma did. I think I'll just do that in C4's many sidequests, since she can heal just fine even at low levels.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: August 14, 2011, 01:08:49 AM »

Seconded with fire. Glad to see the little one is developping a good taste in RPG plots, though!

This is easy as hell to explain.  Two words.  Georg.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: August 14, 2011, 01:45:30 AM »
Finished FJF today.

Man, fun times.

Plowed through things pretty well.  Phoenix Tower was the worst of the randoms, since I had to fight them, but even then, they weren't too bad.  Bosses were varying shades of lol (Twin Tania) to respectable (Neo Exdeath).

MVP was Ninja.  Just...sheer dominance in randoms and excellent in bosses.  Made things so much faster.  Scrolls kill every random in 1 hit until midway through World 3 (like right after Moore Pyramid).  Throwing other weapons works wonders too, especially Shurikens.  The ability to smite randoms in 1 hit falls off in World 3...and then Ninja is still the best at randoms due to speed and Smoke.  Also had the most HP of all my classes!  Wooooo 1600 HP still getting killed by Almagest without Shell.  Used Bartz as a Ninja with Time, for the fast Hastega and Quick'd item-tossing.  Really should have left the Rift and stocked up on Fumas (which did 6500 to bosses), but eh...I had perfectly good legendary weapons to throw (...which were only like 3000-3500 damage).

Next place...White Mage.  White Mage was definitely the solid overall class, who's secondary was useful on any other class in any other situation.  Had the most consistent damage near the end with boosted Holy, and Equip Rod gave them good damage all the way before then (curse Holy being so late!).  Healing Staff was excellent to keep everyone alive without MP use.  Used Krile as the White Mage because of the adorable costume, with Equip Rods as a secondary.  Rod breaking is awesome, even at the end, as it was my only source of elemental damage outside of the Ninja scrolls, and the rods did far more, especially vs. weakness. 

Time Mage was definitely the class that started out with no use but breaking rods...which is still awesome, as breaking rods is awesome!  Got so much more useful when spells started picking up, like Hastega, Quick, and Meteo.  Rod breaking was still in full swing even then, especially vs. Movers and anything elementally weak.  The use of Hastega for bosses should go without saying, and the variety of status magic was great (lol Twin Tania).  Used Faris as my Time Mage, with White secondary.  Also, SECOND MOST HP OF ALL MY CHARACTERS YESZ.  Quick-Meteo spam was vital for getting past Neo Exdeath's solo-part crazy double-act stage, as this was not a durable party by any means, and Quick was also great for recovering from epic fails. 

Dancer was LVP, but still useful.  Second-fastest class, and Ribbon's are awesome - seriously a vital player vs. anything with status, like Neo Exdeath's Grand Cross.  Sword Dance was my highest damage attack, averaging 5000 or so damage (yay Chicken Knife!).  The class-worst durability was awful, but the speed and damage and utility (any secondary was useful in this spot) were nice.  The Sword Dance boosters were a welcome addition in World 3.  Lenna was my Dancer with White as a secondary.  LVP overall, as I said, but was always helpful to stand in for something when I needed it (items, healing, damage, etc.).

Hardest boss was probably...Exdeath/NeoExdeath.  Not having loads of status protection means White Hole was oddly scary, and he really made me focus on getting Shell up one-by-one at all times so I could survive his magic.  Vacuum Wave also killed Lenna in the back row without fail.  Neo Exdeath...was mostly about trying to survive the heavy assault of Grand Cross/Almagest/spam he'd use.  Shell was a necessity there, as no one could survive Almagest without it.  Respectable - made me use several Elixers.

Necrophobe was decent, if only because the damage early on could add up - but came under control fast.

Saddest bosses...a lot.  Twin Tania is awful, unless you fight it legitly.  But when I can cast Banish on you and kill you?  Fail.  Catastrophe wasn't any better (lol AI loop if you have a reflected, floating party member). 

Fun times - think I'm going to do a runthrough where I just smash it to pieces and go totally completionist.  Time to experiment!

SEXUALLY!
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: August 14, 2011, 02:08:02 AM »
Fallout New Vegas: Old World Blues: Got yesterday, beat today.  Best of  the DLC so far, same praise as everyone else ETC.  I started the DLC wanting to use the Holorifle and energy weapons and stuff, but it was only when I got to 100 Energy Weapons that I got an AX and pretty much solely relied on it with a few exceptions.   One of which was beating the Legendary Bloatfly with the Holorifle.  Kinda cheesy, so when I fought the Giant Robo-Scorpion I just charged in an axed it to death.  Didn't even need any stimpacks.

Anyway, gonna go collect the last of the loot sometime later, then go play Explode the Fiend.

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: August 14, 2011, 04:42:37 AM »
Dwarf Commoner is the best origin story in DA? Huh.  It's the only one I've seen yet. I figure that nearly no one chooses it at the beginning of the game.

Ms Splosion Man: Finished, got every shoe. Weird final boss.
I'd like to play the multiplayer levels, but unsuscribing from Xbox live Gold sounds like a nightmare. I'm not getting online multiplayer until I can choose to cancel it via the dashboard.

Cthulhu saves the world: Finished Highlander mode. I said that it was a joke, but it all changed in the zombie village. Cthulhu's angel on insane mode was a lot easier. For reference, Highlander mode is: You can only use one character in battle, but you get 4 times as much XP (that's shared to everybody), enemies have normal stats.

Mage Cthulhu was kinda competent at the beginning then trailed off later. He was a balanced character.
October was similar, with much more damage and much less durability. Everything dies if she gets one turn, but that doesn't happen often enough.
Umi got glitched, I didn't use her at all.
Sharpe is GOD, except his resources are limited. MVP against every boss, who could also beat a random or two.
Mage Paws was surprisingly competent in the volcano, but that's it.
Ember and Dacre were both utterly useless.

Starting Cthulhu's angels, now in the spaceship:
October is doing all the damage, setting everything in sight on fire since the beginning of the game.
Elona is... being a paladin, for some reason. Heal, and cover October. The game got a lot easier once I realized her Defend command allowed her to use that.
Dark Umi is a faster October with a lot less damage, right now.
Zombie catgirl is not contributing much to the team. She's another warm body, I guess. (I know, it's not, it's a cold body)

Bastion: Rescued the singer.
I'm loving everything about this.

Radiant Historia: Chapter 3.
Addictive game with an interesting storyline. I like how the main character's best friend, who's wearing a massive armor and a robot arm, joins his team and doesn't look like he's ever going to betray him. I hope I'm not wrong guys.
But plotwise, Stocke has activated godmode right at the beginning of the game. THAT MAN IS DOING A TOOL ASSISTED RUN THROUGH HIS VERY LIFE WITH SAVESTATE ABUSE. And until the inevitable twist, there's nothing stopping him, so the stakes are very low. This spoils all the fun of that juicy political intrigue!

Sidequests are handled awfully:
1) They're all fetchquests, don't expect interesting enemies
2) Once you can actually finish the sidequest you've probably forgotten everything about it, and the sidequest descriptions in the menu are awfully vague so you have no idea what to do.
3) It's hard to tell which node you need to use to have access to the location of your next destination. Every path closes off all the time in this game.
But the game is really easy so far anyway, so sidequests don't matter. I just want to have that "Cleared" node in the book!!

Infinite Undiscovery: Disc 2, less than 9 hours into the game? Huh. The main character is wearing a skirt now so it's not a problem.
Michelle now has 1300 MPs, and the 30%HP healing spell still costs 5 MPs. I think the uber 100% MT healing spell costs only 70.
Game is still stupid but fun. Sidequests are even worse than in Radiant Historia, they're all vague, there's just no indication of them in any menu and sometimes you have to talk to an NPC twice to get them. Woooo!
Team is Gustav/Michelle for the rest of the game.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 04:48:22 AM by Fenrir »

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: August 14, 2011, 05:07:20 AM »
RH does get harder after the very easy start, for what it's worth. And yeah, sidequests seemed kinda lame (well, I enjoyed a few), but they're very ignorable.

Maybe.

Captain K.

• Do you even...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...lift books bro?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: August 14, 2011, 07:11:53 AM »
Blazblue CS:  Beat Score Attack with simple mode Tager.  Only Unlimited Hazama gave me trouble.  He's so fucking random.  Every time you figure out his pattern, he does something he's never done before.

SO4:  Won 100 class 100 bunny races.  Was actually pretty easy once I figured out the proper button-pressing rhythm.  Kept a seperate savefile for Temp, and am continuing with Arumat to work on some achievements.

Bastion:  Almost done with New Game Plus.  I turned all the gods on, but it's still not too hard with the right upgraded weapons.  This would be a good game for challenges, like use only X weapon for the whole game.  Needs more savefiles for that though.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: August 14, 2011, 04:06:04 PM »
What is this strange character thing? The avatars of destruction exist outwith battle!?  :P
Seriously though Gate didn't know there was a sore spot there my bad. To be fair I've only played Suikoden IV/V and don't know Killey from any of the previous games. If there is history there oops. Well I'll agree he isn't the most likable of sorts in V either and is also a pain in terms of recruitment but also to be fair I wasn't paying as much attention to plot/character while replaying and was only thinking battle wise >_> Killey is an ass yes but in my hands it was in terms of being a major annoyance to enemies with regular powerful criticals <_< Well again this was just because it was a replay, I was more familiar with the recruitment process and I wanted to be different/try out lots of different types of character combos though. Just wasn't really thinking I suppose. Also rambling.

Thanks OK! I've really enjoyed reading all your recaps of FFV as well including the character/job summaries. Kind of sad that it's over. Congratulations on completing the FJF =-) I am impressed you managed to complete it before other people including me despite starting it later ;o

Used Krile as the White Mage because of the adorable costume,

* Clear Tranquil approves of this

<(^^)>

Epic Battle Fantasy 3- This is getting quite fun indeed and starting to enjoy it quite a bit now. Defeated the boss at the end of the forest. Wasn't too difficult, boss was just a bit of an HP pillow. Matt/Natalie had limit bars full before the fight began so they were able to utilise those. Lance's filled up during the fight and it was fun watching him use his for the first time. Natalie ending up getting to use Kyun again later too after taking some damage through the fight and then the boss felled her in one blow of 400~ damage >_> (used her limit again after reviving her with an item) Lance was also able to use another limit later which ended up finishing off the fight =-) Mostly just kept buffs/debuffs going through the fight while Natalie healed the team up a lot with Heal More while the boys went on the offence~

Then I went back through the forest/to town and found treasure chests I'd missed. Completed/collected rewards on some quests too~

Here are set ups so far -

Matt
Equipment - Captain Hat, Casual Shirt, Gaia Axe
Skills - Tremor LV1, Nettle LV1, Drain LV1, Quick Slash LV1, Wind Slash LV1, Unleash LV1, Protect L1, Temper LV1, Fright LV1, No Legs LV1, Attack LV1, Cleaver LV1

Natalie
Equipment - Nurse Hat, Whitemage Dress, Crystal Staff
Skills - Lucky Star LV1, Fire LV1, Thunder LV1, Ice LV1, Heal LV1, Heal More LV1, Bless LV1, Purify LV1, Revive L1, Shine LV1, Attack LV1, Kyun L1

Lance
Equipment - Soldier Helment, Army Jacket, Heavy Claw
Skills - Snipe LV1, Double Shot LV1, Flameshot LV3, Plasma LV1, Plasmawave LV1, Medipack LV1, Scan LV1, Lock On LV1, Debilitate LV1, Attack LV1, Oblivion LV1
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 05:10:40 PM by Clear Tranquil »

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: August 14, 2011, 05:14:43 PM »
Krile the WM is SO CUTE!!!!!

Fire Emblem, Oscar Crushes the World Again Version -

Just killed Petrine, the evilest evil to ever evil. At least she's just crazy and not in love with Ashnard.
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!