Author Topic: Playin' any games today, Flying Nun? (WGAYP - 2011 Edition)  (Read 263085 times)

DomaDragoon

• Lazy
  • Denizen
  • Boink.
    • View Profile
Re: Playin' any games today, Flying Nun? (WGAYP - 2011 Edition)
« Reply #850 on: March 20, 2011, 02:14:11 AM »
Pokemon Black: Beat the main game. I really like how I got to choose the order for the E4, that's one change I hope they keep. Probably the best handheld title yet in the series.

Championship Team:
Victory! (L50 Victini, Zen Headbutt/Flame Charge/Headbutt/Flame Burst, Expert Belt)
General (L51 Samurott, Slash/Revenge/Surf/Razor Shell, Mystic Water)
Mogu (L52 Excadrill, Sandstorm/Metal Claw/Earthquake/Hone Claws, Shell Bell)
Tweak (L54 Galvantula, Signal Beam/Discharge/X-Scissor/Slash, Magnet)
Special (L55 Cryogonal, Flash Cannon/Reflect/Ice Beam/Recover, NeverMeltIce)
Tien (L59 Sawk, Bulldoze/Reversal/Close Combat/Poison Jab, Amulet Coin)

kokushishin

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: March 20, 2011, 03:25:39 AM »

Castlevania Lords of Shadow:  has its issues and could explode into MGS type overcomplicated Kojimaness, but otherwise very promising.

DQVI:  Right about to take on the first big bad of badness.

Nitori

• Denizen
  • The only thing YOU'RE onto is your mot-
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: March 20, 2011, 03:36:34 AM »
Okamiden: Protecting allies during 2D boss fights where they sit right in the middle of the screen is only easy because being tossed onto a puppy's back literally heals all injuries, also MAGNETISM as a brush skill means my puppy will one day welcome everybody to die

<Ko-NitoriisSulpher> roll 1d100 to grade Nitori?
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

Captain K.

• Do you even...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...lift books bro?
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: March 20, 2011, 04:59:06 AM »
Dragon Quest 9:  The GUSTO!!!  The PASSION!!!

Pokemon Black:  The RANDOM ENCOUNTER RATE!!!

Last Remnant:  The SIDEQUESTS!!!

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: March 20, 2011, 01:02:34 PM »
Dragon Age 2 - Finished.  Yeah most of the criticisms about the gameplay for this are pretty spot on.  You could probably halve the number of enemies and still have a bit to much.  I thoroughly enjoyed it.  Varric is definitely best character in the game.  Just hands down owns shit and is a good dude.  I was a little suprised at how much I liked Isabella and Julianna as well.  Anders is way less fun in this game, but such is life.  It is odd.  Bioware finally did a story that is a character study when character writing is their strong point and they kind of dropped the ball with it.

Still a good game.  I -think- I prefer the first one a bit more, but this one is very good.  It is no jump from Mass Effect to Mass Effect 2, that is for sure.  I am actually having trouble thinking of quite the same side step in a pair of games they have put out in sequence or are related.  It is... I dunno I guess Baldur's Gate 2 to KotORish in quality.  The first is clunk, but big and does a ton of things right.  The second is more polished and a better technically made game, but just doesn't quite have it all there.

Still not let down by the company in a long time.  Will wait and see what they do with DLC.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Lord Ephraim

• Denizen
  • Scientific Perfection
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: March 20, 2011, 02:05:33 PM »
I was watching my friend play some more Dragon Age 2 but I'm sorry it's a 0/10 game here.  I watched a sidequest where you're randomly killing about 100 guys named "Dog Lord" for some stupid reason.  They're just guys wanting to lord over dogs, what did they do to you?! I mean, I get the picture after 10 or 20 but they really want you to eliminate every human being that you don't like on the planet.  Granted I missed all of Act 1 so I don't get why so many people hate Hawke so badly. 

One gripe I saw was when you level up, you should pour all your points into your core 2 stats, and you don't gain any health what so ever if you don't raise Constitution.  So with a Rogue/Mage, you sit around with 100 HP the whole game while your 500 HP bulky warrior doesn't really do anything except take hits because his Dexterity and stamina is low.  I kind of enjoyed the weird builds of DA1, like Arcane Warrior and dual wield/archer hybrids but DA2 seems to take that away from you.  Now, I'm not the one playing, and my buddy is the type of person who will strictly follow what people on forums say or what a strategy guide reads.

I don't really blame Bioware for the change in gameplay.  EA pretty much wants a casual game to nickle and dime gamers because Nintendo is still getting away with that shit and looks at all the money they have.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: March 20, 2011, 02:19:58 PM »
You generally deal with not having scaling health by needing to control the combat better.  That said only on rogues did I skip getting some constitution, mages dumped a chunk into it just to take hits a bit better. Edit - In combat outside of a few rare bosses even with no constitution my rogue could take a hit just fine anyway.  The basic trash isn't threatening from single hits, they chip away at you.  Bosses are threatening though.  I had to respec for a 1 on 1 duel (optional) just because my rogue would die in 2 or 3 hits.

Warrior has the opposite thing, you dump some excess points into Willpower because after a point you don't need more HP, but more stamina is good.  Similarly there is some talents to pick up that help greatly with the stamina problem.  At least you don't miss all the damned time in this one because warriors get tons of attack from Strength.

Rogues just go apeshit on stuff in comparison.

There really is way to many enemies though.  It is fun in its way because shit just kind of explodes, but I have no idea how anyone plays it on the hard modes.  Gamefaqs forums seems to be full of people that assume you are playing on the hardest difficulty just to get a challenge.  This does not seem like a game that challenge would be particularly fun to be honest.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 02:21:30 PM by Grefter »

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Modern Drunkard Magazine
« Reply #857 on: March 20, 2011, 10:39:55 PM »
I know the PC rogue and Isabella both have talents that jack up their defense value a lot. Varric maybe not, but he should not be getting hit in the first place.

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: March 21, 2011, 12:33:36 AM »
Archers are yeah pretty much broken in Awakening.  It is a mix with the new skills being amazingly overpowered and you hit the threshhold for Dexterity where your defense is high enough that your are unable to be hit anymore (other than of Overwhelm).  You can quite happilly run around with most of the party as archers and be almost unkillable.

Yep. I refrained myself from using more than one archer from now on. But on the other hand, I respec'd the main character and put just about all of her stat points into dexterity.

It is crazy. I just stopped caring about other party members at one point because they didn't matter. Isabelle was doing about 400 damage on average while everyone else was doing between 30 and 100. 400 damage with a better attack speed too. And she could attack from afar, that means one or two free hits before the other team members could attack, and at that point the monster might already be dead. That and uber evade.

After 80 hours playing Dragon Age Origins and a few related DLC, Isabelle had done 29% of the overall damage of the whole team.
25 hours and a few expansions later, she had done 52% of the overall damage.
Who the hell did the balance here???

So yeah, I steamrolled Awakening and the two other expansions. It was especially weird, after struggling for the whole game. I guess this is what DA2 normal mode feelsl like. I did die against 10 golems at one point because the rest of my team died immediately and the golems were throwing infinite unavoidable rocks at me, but that's it.

The game's pretty alright, standard polished Bioware stuff. Much better than their boring Baldur's Gate. Battles could use some work.
Sustained spells are a great idea. Basically, the stat spells in this game cost max MP. You have to choose between a weak mage with 200 MPs or a super duper buffed mage with 50 MPs. (or more likely, something in between)
HP and MP fully healing after every fight is nice too, the only problem is that it makes fights more boring when you steamroll them. Fortunately, you can raise the difficulty in that case (until the expansion where even nightmare is a joke)

Rozalia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: March 21, 2011, 08:13:50 PM »
Yakuza 4: Love this game already. Adding 3 new characters that play differently has added a new breath of life into the gameplay which is very welcomed. Only played as two currently (Finished Akiyama and midway through Saejima).

Akiyama Gameplay: Starts a little slow and then BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM IS NOW BROKEN TO HUGE HUGE PROPORTIONS. Lets see where do I start with his brokeness?

Triple dash kick: Running moves have always been trash because the running dropkick is a horrible move that is slow and easily blocked, has huge recovery frames and just doesn't do enough damage. TDK comes out extreamely fast and has a very fast recovery making it far better then that crappy dropkick.

Slash kick beta: Slash kick beta is in fact 14 kicks which you can chain into a triple kick finish, the second finish kick has guard breaking properties which makes the third kick unblockable. Normally this wouldn't be too broken but due to Akiyama's fast recovery he can then chain on top a slash kick beta followed by triple finish, slash kick beta, triple finish, you see what I mean.

But then you think "Yeah thats broken but surely only when its 1 vs 1 because dudes will attack you from behind right?". Well yeah that would be a problem but Akiyama possesses dodge combo+ meaning he can cancel any of his moves into a dodge which has a good number of invincible frames but one dodge isn't enough so Akiyama can cancel his first dodge into another meaning whoever is attacking is going to be missing.

Heat move wise Akiyama also possesses one of the finest around which is "The essence of loin reaving" which activates when enemies attack him from behind, meaning you own the first dude and then his buddy gets kicked in the nuts.

Weaknesses are he can't pick people up off the ground and his counter kick is trash in comparison to the mighty tiger drop but you know what? Akiyama doesn't care because his other skills more then make up for it.

Bosses faced:

Ihara: This dude is a standard enemy that possesses Kazuma's rising punch so he is nothing special. Spam triple finish kick = Dead Ihara.

Midorikawa: Has two forms the first of which (Gun form) is pathetic. The second is better but he still fails at damage somehow even with a CHAINSAW!?!

Daisuku: Slash kick beta > triple finish kick all day long. The Ai in this game just can't defend against that chain.

Saejima: Not finished but he starts horrible and is owned constantly. You go from raping as akiyama to being owned by crappy guards who will constantly interrupt your attacks and own you. Saejima has charge moves that have super armour on them but as the prison guards clubs negate super armour....fuck you prison guards, you and your negating clubs, more aggressive AI and huge numbers.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: March 22, 2011, 02:01:24 AM »
Dragon Age 2 - Not anything new to say, but I can't really post anything about it in my other topic because Tycho at Penny Arcade covered pretty much everything I have to say about the game indepth on todays blog post.  This is a good thing I suppose?  Essentially if you are deeply invested in the narrative and setting then you can get something from it.  Otherwise?  It is a bit lacking.

POKEMANS Platinum - So beat the E4.  Had a couple of resets on Cynthia while I got a feel for her team (um not knowing typings hurt there.  So Spiritomb is Ghost/Dark?  well shit that uh kind of made leading with Alakazam the first try not so great since I tried Psychic and then Focus Blast...).  Anyway it ended up abusing the fact that Spiritomb couldn't touch my Scizor for shit.  Swords Dance x 3 then essentially sweeping with Bullet Punch.  Stupid but effective.  Milotic took 2 hits to kill and Lucario I used Aerial Ace instead, but still wasn't really in danger of being killed.  Even if I did lose Scizor I would have had 3 other mans to back it up, I was mostly just wanting to handle the Garchomp.  OHKOing that with Bullet Punch made my day.

The other E4 were pretty much all handled by one or two mans individually. 

Final party was
Empoleon - Surf, Ice Beam, Grass knot and Flash Cannon.
Machamp - Dynamic Punch, Cross Chop (PP worries in regular Pokemans made this useful), Revenge because um I didn't think of anything else to put in, Rock Slide, because it is awesome for 2v2 fights and kills fliers.
Alakzam - Psychic, Psybeam (see Cross Chop), Focus Blast and Shadowball.  Shadowball sweeping the Psychic chick was good times (after an X-Spec)
Scizor - Bullet Punch, Swords Dance replaced False Swipe at end game, Aerial Ace and Nightslash or some shit, Dark move that I didn't use much.

Other two slots were HM slaves.  Was a Noctowl and Infernape for a long time then when I got Waterfall and pissed off I swapped to Tropius and Bibarel.

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: March 22, 2011, 04:16:27 AM »
Dissidia 012- Pro Emperor players.... I begin to believe they must have some future seeing ability.

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Modern Drunkard Magazine
« Reply #862 on: March 22, 2011, 05:12:30 AM »
I don't think DA2 is at all a bad game. It's still okay, it's just that it looks awful compared to it's predecessor, which was a great game.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: March 22, 2011, 08:24:11 AM »
Certainly, I can just totally see where most of the criticism is coming from.  It is just strange to see Bioware making these kinds of mistakes after Jade Empire and stuff.

Radiant Historia - How to Make Friends and Influence People: Chapter 1

Become a secret agent who has alienated people and has a chilled relationship with his only friend.  Get an artifact that lets you time travel.  Get Superhuman Strength.  Friendship will happen organically after this.

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: March 22, 2011, 10:49:00 AM »
How's Jade Empire anyway nowadays Gref? I've considered buying it on xbox live, but I fear it might feel obsolete now.

Risen: Addicted to this. It's the kind of game where you start with absolutely nothing and very slowly get more power and influence. It's also ugly and full of bugs. Lots of options (you can focus on swords, axes, bows, crossbows, various magics, and a few side jobs like stealing and skinning animals) Everything costs money, even raising basic stats like strength)
I'm working for the bandits, and just recently bought armor. I'm not wearing rags anymore, after like 10 hours of playing! AWESOME. I've been a total douche too, which is always a bonus.

Game of the day:

Black Sigil (DS)

Dude, this is a Chrono Trigger clone. This can't be bad, right? ...Look at the graphics! This can't be bad!!

Well, the guys who made this game noticed that positioning in CT didn't matter enough, so you can only move a little every turn. If the enemy is too far away, you just walk and can't attack this turn. Random objects on the battlefield and, unfortunately, other PCs and enemies, can block your path.

They also noticed that that the game was way too easy. They didn't make the enemies or bosses stronger, but they jacked the encounter rate up to absolutely insane amounts to compensate. This is worse than Tales of Phantasio, and about similar to caves in Pokemon Blue.

I stopped playing at the third dungeon.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: March 22, 2011, 12:04:56 PM »
Jade Empire plays pretty much like you would expect honestly.  It isn't as good as some of their other works, it is completely ridiculous as a martial arts movie as a game should be. 

I would pick it up on Steam over the console version honestly.  PC version came out a good while after the X-Box version (needed exclusivity contract to end) and it is well polished for it.  Plays really quite well and will look much better.  Might be cheaper?  Dunno how much it is on X-Box live, but is $15 on steam for me.

Worth a look if you have time to spend on it.  If you want an action styled wester RPG though you have plenty of European offerings that are good.  Witcher should be better.  If you want some Bioware styles though it fits pretty well.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #866 on: March 22, 2011, 05:07:21 PM »
Ar Tonelico: Done and done. I may or may not play AT2. AT1 has some good ideas that could really work in a polished sequel, but I doubt that AT2 is really going to be a polished sequel. On the other hand, just playing the Misha path over the Aurica/Shurelia paths made AT1 jump from a 2/10 to a 4/10 game, so maybe the game just needs fewer Scenes of Fail to work.

Disgaea 3: Less buggy than anything else NISA has produced since Soul Nomad! The gameplay is better in some ways (still liking that characters are much more differentiated now), but worse in others (they've got like 6 different versions of the Item World now, that's starting to get a lot less user-friendly). The story is kind of in the same boat, in some ways, it's absolutely awesome and hilarious, but it's also relying really heavily on one joke: "Good is Bad, Bad is Good". The dissonance created by this is pretty amusing at times, but it can often devolve into nonsensical jokes that seem like they are supposed to be funny just because they are nonsensical. In general, it works out and the game harkens back to the Dis1 charm rather than Dis2, which I like. The story is just fun.

On chapter 4, just beat up some teachers. As a teacher myself, I found myself completely sympathizing for them instead of Mao and company. Also, why is it chapter 4 and I still haven't gotten a 3rd story character? Building Mao as a swordsman (with some Magic backup) and Almaz as a Spear-user, though he's spent some time as a gunner too before I bought Thieves and Gunslingers.

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: March 22, 2011, 06:08:49 PM »
Black Sigil

I used a code to enable battles whenever I wanted them and it made the game a lot more enjoyable. I don't understand how anyone doing QA could have said "Oh boy, battles every 3 steps, that's good!"

I'm not embellishing that and neither is Fenrir. It's really that absurd.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: March 22, 2011, 07:01:35 PM »
Don't forget about the main character occasionally starting off battle with some random, unblockable, and sometimes crippling status after a certain early plot point for no sufficiently explained reason and ungodly slow ATB.  Also some game-killing bugs if I recall correctly.

Black Sigil.  It is dogshit.  I think it might be from the same geniuses who brought us Mazes of Fate, so what do you expect.  Could be wrong on that point though, haven't doublechecked.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 07:03:27 PM by Random Consonant »

Lord Ephraim

• Denizen
  • Scientific Perfection
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: March 22, 2011, 07:24:11 PM »
Black Sigil was made by a bunch of amateur programmers (Canadian programmers I might add!) who wanted to make a "classic SNES RPG" like Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy 6.  It was originally developed for the GBA but got stuck in development limbo for 5 years and had to make the transition to DS due to the extinction of the GBA.

We know how the game turned out.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #870 on: March 22, 2011, 07:36:15 PM »
Dissidia Prologus: Just thought I'd note I played and completed just about everything in this.

Thoughts on characters, I guess:

Lightning:  Interesting style swap with actual freedom regarding it (unlike Cecil where it was "you use one most of the fight, the other is there just in case you REALLY need something") and seems overall nicely balanced.  Seems fun.

Kain: ...worst character in the Demo...by far.  HP Attacks are junk, and his Brave Game is not Squall-level good to make up for it (and Squall's HP Attacks are better anyway.)  His little Dash gimmick is vaguely pointless cause he can't really increase his combos seeing as you can recover long before he gets anything off.  It didn't help that Cecil isn't a particularly GOOD assist either.  His EX Mode seems worthless too; Lancet is ridiculously easy to avoid, and doesn't have any Baiting Exploitation factors like, say, Heartless Angel, to try and fake people out.

Warrior of Light: He was good in the original...and they decided to improve him because...?  Seriously, he didn't need angled Shield of Light or Shining Wave that has vertical tracking.  The addition of Aerial Dayflash is cool though, cause it was weird he DIDN'T have that to begin with, albeit, the whole "high Risk High reward" thing was well implemented with him, since yes, he was predictable, but screw up and you're really feeling it.

Garland: Lance Charge sending him into the air = bad.  Seriously, why did they do that?  The move is now hard to really use effectively, and doesn't seem to have any purpose and its not exactly a balanced change either; Lance Charge was a nice balanced move, now its just...awkward.  Flare is a cool new HP move though; perfect Air compliment to Earthquake really.

Kefka: Best character in the demo.  Kefka was already one of the best characters in the first game and he seems...better at like...everything.  Well, Trine no longer follows you after converging in the middle, but seriously, if you're getting hit by Trine, its not going to be THAT part, since you'll have dodged well out of its trajectory by then, so that's an artificial nerf.  Ultima being blockable is offset by its much better ranger, so its a horizontal shift.  Otherwise, WWF is still ridiculously good, SSB is solid, Meteor is silly, and TTB now has an ACTUAL PURPOSE WHAT THE FUCK?  Oh, and they decided to improve Havok Wing *AND* Forsaken Null...well, the latter may have actually needed the boost cause it was a huge "HEY, I"M WIDE OPEN.  KILL ME NOW!" move, butt he former...seriously, did it NEED some horizontal tracking?

Sephiroth: Beyond one new brave move that basically clashes with his style, he's pretty much the same character overall.  This is not necessarily a bad thing, cause Sephiroth was decent.  The DEMO version of course lacks Heaven's Light, which makes it harder for him to use since now he has no way of defending himself from attacks from above.  His new move...well, honestly, Sephiroth doesn't use Safe Pokes.  I mean, yeah, the option is nice, but Sephiroth's all about being a melee zoner, fucked up as it sounds.  He dominates meleers by outranging them, and generally has enough range that even when blocked, he can often get out before being punished (not entirely fail safe, of course, but he's better at it than other Melee characters).  Don't see that move seeing much use, though I guess just having another option never hurts.

Jecht: ...I honestly have no clue.  Well, no, I can tell Jecht Beam is something he REALLY likes cause its like a Free Energy variation (not as good as the NA version THANK GOD; that was stupid good), and gives him a quick, SAFE way to attempt HP damage in the air, though doubt it really helps him against, say, Emperor, since he's still too direct.  Otherwise...I can't really tell; I guess he charges faster, and I think his combos are a little easier, though, lacking Aerial Jecht Blade in Prologus = :(

Cloud: WAAAAY better than he was.  Ok, so he lost Fire -> Climhazzard -> Dodge Cancel -> Slashing Blow -> vOmnislash V5 combo.  What did he gain? Aerial Double Cut so YAY SAFE POKE and potential mind games that come with it.  Aerial Meteor Rain, so now Cloud has SOME RANGED OFFENSE while in the air.  And Meteor Rain in general is just a lot better since "Run to the left" doesn't dodge it anymore.  Oh yeah, Cross Slash has actual Range and Sonic Blade now has a vacuum effect, so Cloud can actually get in his Ground HP Attacks without relying on Block + Counters anymore.  To be honest, while Cloud did need some form of boosts, I feel they may have went a bit too overboard on him, but eh, when i look at the boosts characters like Squall got (aka someone who didn't NEED to be boosted), I really can't complain about Cloud's case.

NOTE: I'm aware that moves that I say "characters lack" still exist in Duodecim, just the builds in PROLOGUS do not have them, and it stands out.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: March 22, 2011, 10:06:53 PM »
Radiant Historia - I don't understand how travelling between split timelines lets them influence each other, but okay.  I am cool with it as long as it continues to let me make friends and influence people.

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: March 23, 2011, 04:10:25 AM »
Ar Tonelico: Done and done. I may or may not play AT2. AT1 has some good ideas that could really work in a polished sequel, but I doubt that AT2 is really going to be a polished sequel. On the other hand, just playing the Misha path over the Aurica/Shurelia paths made AT1 jump from a 2/10 to a 4/10 game, so maybe the game just needs fewer Scenes of Fail to work.

Well, I would recommend AT2 just to see what would happen if AT has a main character who thinks and behave like a normal person, while his surrounding are still the same old AT failures.
AT2 ends up as a pretty surreal experience to me because of that.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: March 23, 2011, 04:31:04 AM »

Well, I would recommend AT2 just to see what would happen if AT has a main character who thinks and behave like a normal person, while his surrounding are still the same old AT failures.
AT2 ends up as a pretty surreal experience to me because of that.

So if I'm reading this right, AT2 is the only game in the series worth remotely anything, as AT1 is mindsex involving an idiot, and AT3 is just porn with underaged, flat chested girls?
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: March 23, 2011, 05:57:48 AM »
You can put it that way, yes.

Though, for AT3, to be precise, is masochistic flat chested loli porn.

But AT3 did finally reveal one thing to us, on why AT itself is such a total failure
The reason? The AT planet itself is an insufferable tsundere and the creator of intelligent life form is a total air head that is impossible to cure.