Register

Author Topic: Playin' any games today, Flying Nun? (WGAYP - 2011 Edition)  (Read 267680 times)

Lord Ephraim

• Denizen
  • Scientific Perfection
    • View Profile
Re: Playin' any games today, Flying Nun? (WGAYP - 2011 Edition)
« Reply #1050 on: April 08, 2011, 08:20:33 PM »
I'm sorry I didn't calculate the exact time it takes to get enough materials to upgrade Squall's Revolver into the next tier. Maybe if I set the game on data install and AI to 2 instead of 1 so they might walk a little closer to me to hit me, I might shave off 44 hours and I'll have all the exclusive equipment for 6 characters!  I'll save an additional 31 hours if I pick Yuna and only use Mega Flare (well it, works on Chaos and Golbez, my 2 worst matchups but otherwise I hate playing as Yuna).

Math Math Math Math Math Math~

Edit: YES, it is a casual assumption. I'm not a database of Dissidia knowledge. All I remember is that it took me more time that it's worth to get equipment.  I forgot the AP grind is just as bad until I learned about the lvl 1 Chaos trick.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 08:25:37 PM by Lord Ephraim »

Nitori

• Denizen
  • The only thing YOU'RE onto is your mot-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: April 08, 2011, 08:38:06 PM »
Eph you must install the Meeple OS to communicate with Meeple, y/n?
<Ko-NitoriisSulpher> roll 1d100 to grade Nitori?
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: April 08, 2011, 08:56:24 PM »
I found Fallout 3 to be a better "fuck around" game, which higher spawns and more stuff to kill while roaming the wasteland

Man, that's exactly what made me so sick of the game. So. Many. Super mutants.

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Modern Drunkard Magazine
« Reply #1053 on: April 08, 2011, 09:17:47 PM »
Yeah, I got a little tired of them. At least with humans you can have them wear shit, but every super mutant master looks the same.

Lord Ephraim

• Denizen
  • Scientific Perfection
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: April 08, 2011, 10:49:54 PM »
I think in New Vegas I killed 3 Nightkin for Super Mutants and that's it.  The Super Mutants on Black Mountain aren't even hostile. I don't get that.  Yeah, I did use Lily as my primary companion. (fuck yeah ugly old lady!) but I didn't see any reputation for Super Mutants in the game.

Compared to Fallout 3 where I used a mod where I encountered a Bethemoth every 15 minutes.

I tried Dead Money.  Terrible. Why do they feel the need to take away your equipment and put some artificial difficulty by making your use shitty weapons? It wasn't good in Operation Anchorage and The Pitt. Ghosts aren't even interesting enemies.  I pretty much have to pour all my Sierra Madra chips into Stimpacks.  Right now I have 0 chips and 10 HP with no other way to heal. Oh god the traps.  It's like I'm playing I Wanna Be The (Fallout) Guy.

I am playing on Very Hard though, but still I rather fight deathclaws as long as I have my Fatman and Anti-Rifle than fight these things with a pistol and stabby spears.  Got my 5 extra levels and my knockdown shotgun perk though.

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: April 09, 2011, 12:24:17 AM »
FO3 breaks the cardinal rule with its random encounters: You get badly penalized for levelling up.
Quote from: Grefter
Bethesda!!!
The game wasn't pretty after level 21 with all the Feral Ghoul Reavers and Albion Radscorpions for a speech/sneak/melee/explosives character. (Not to mention the deluxe super mutants before)

NV's uber enemies felt better and scarier (better deathclaws. And cazadores) while FO3's were bullet sponges. Might just be me being a fan of the game though.

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: April 09, 2011, 02:25:27 AM »
Demon's Souls: The final write-up maybe.

So as I start down the painful, painful path that is the NG+, I look back with dread on various things I'll have to do over, and mild excitement over other things.

Boss Rankings because hey why not?  Listed from hardest to least hardest, along with a few non-boss enemies that are pretty much boss-like anyway.  Also RPGDL rankings because I find it funny that one of the easiest bosses because of his AI pattern also makes Godlike because of that AI pattern.

1: Old King Allent, 1-4: Fitting that the final boss be first for once.  The guy is a bastard, his attacks vary between physical and magical, ranged and melee, fast and HOLY SHIT HIT HIM BEFORE HE KILLS EVERYTHING.  He also has a very, VERY nasty trick in Soul Sucker, where he kills you instantly and DROPS YOUR LEVEL.  If it wasn't so easy to dodge... sorta, it'd be even worse.  And like most bosses he as a goddamn fat sack of HP.  Makes Godlike because of it all.  Prepare to see that a lot.
2. Red-Eyes Knight 1-1: A basic enemy you encounter in a rather out-of-the-way place in the very first level.  The Red-Eyes Knight will smack your little bitch ass apart faster than you can shout BULLSHIT.  You see, the Red-Eyes Knight is normally found in the third part of world one.  Ah, you ask, that doesn't sound too hard?  Well it wouldn't, since enemies get harder stat-wise the deeper you go, so Red-Eyes Knight 1-1 would be weaker than them.  But then I say, you can only get to 1-3 after you beat an entire different world.  That's right, they stick an enemy that normally exists in an area after an Endboss fight in the first stage.  And it's the hardest type of Red-Eyes too.  They're divided into three types, sword&shield jokers which hit like little girls and have no range, big honking Claymore bastards who can kill you in one hit on a backswing, and spear&shield bastards who can attack while they're guarding and have a dashing attack which hits about seven times in a row followed by a giant SCREW YOU final hit which would overkill you at full HP but they want to make your last sliver of health a painful thing.  Bluelike the first time you fight him, and Heavy the time you're "supposed" to fight him.
3: Dragon God, 2-3: With a name like Dragon God, anything less that top ten would be a farce.  Dragon God is a gimmick fight, but my build was not designed for his gimmick, so I died about five time trying him.  The goal of the fight is to pin his ass down with giant spear-launchers, but the path is blocked off by debris and the Dragon God's desire to turn you into a smear on his finger.  I didn't have any range to hit the debris from what little safe havens there are, and my weapon blew for damage and the debris is remarkably resistant to magic.  But still, I won!  Unrankable due to his gimmick.
4: Maneater, 2-2: Maneater isn't too hard of a boss really, his attacks are telegraphed, he doesn't hit hard, and you can even damage his tail and lower his movepool.  So why is he so hard?  You're on a pretty damn narrow strip of land(which is larger than the various other paths you cross in the level) and one of his attacks is a tackle that can knock you off pretty easily.  Also there's two of them.  Unrankable.
5: Black Phantom Heroes, 1-4: A trio of Black Phantoms at the start of 1-4.  Aggroing all of them at once is easy, grabbing one at a time is hard.  Combined they'll wreck you damn easily as they're a bowman, heavy infantry and speedy infantry.  Also the heavy can break your gear.  Separately, only the heavy is difficult, as he has a shield that's all but impossible to guard break, and it's hard to take the bowman out while he's lumbering about.  Heavy is Heavy, speedy is Middle and bowmen is Light.
6: Armored Spider, 2-1: Is a joke but I'm a coward who hides away and gets roasted by bad hit detection.  Melee fighters can wreck him in less than a minute and ranged fighters have a freaking hittable zone.  His health and damage both suck, but he can slow his targets and stop casting with webs!  Light, which is goddamn depressing.
7: Flamelurker, 2-2: Pure fire damage and a goddamn lot of speed can take you far.  Unfortunately, not far in the league, but who cares.  The magic vulnerability is what I used to beat him after only one death.  Still, he's a tense fight, and him getting faster and more aggressive when he's already one of the most relentless bosses his harsh.  Makes Heavy, but being pure Fire damage stops him from being Godlike.
8: Satsuki the Jackass: Is a jackass.  He's not hard or anything, but in his BP form at least he can one-shot you with any hit and heal himself to full when he gets low.  And he has a lot of health.  Makes a boring Heavy but Heavy he is.
9: Adjudicator, 4-1: Like Tower Knight, Adjudicator needs to have a lower part damaged first for melee to actually damage him.  Unlike Tower Knight, this is hard as hell since the area is cramped, the camera zips around like mad and he can kill you in one hit.  Ranged guys can try and play there game again, but unlike Tower Knight, Adjudicator's ranged attack will drag your ass down to melee range.  Also his HP is a fat stack, just like him.  Makes Godlike, since he's basically Tower Knight+.
10: The PENETRATOR, 1-3: The Penetrator is a boss whose difficulty is entirely dependent on whether you want NPC help dealing with him.  If you do, he's pretty easy.  If you don't, prepare for the goddamn pain train as he rams his Penetrating Sword through you time and time again.  With the way his sword glows I think he used Sticky White Stuff on it as well.  Just to put into perspective how much damage this guy does, the NPC help you get takes 54 damage from this guy's PENETRATE.  Doesn't sound like a lot, but that same NPC only takes 13 damage from the Blue Dragon, the same Blue Dragon that can OHKO you while your 100% flame block shield is up, and you have 100% health and possibly even fire reduction armor and spells.  Ball lightning Godlike.
11: Old Hero, 4-2: The Old Hero is a tense fight.  He is blind, so he swings about randomly until he gets attacked, then he brings out the pain.  If he gets you in a bad position, it is easy to get rocked.  This fight is easy to do a no-damage run on, since taking damage is quick to fatal even for this game.  Only makes about Heavy though.
12: Storm King, 4-3: Part gimmick fight, but can also be done straight.  Storm King is flying(auto-heavy), has a bunch of support that needs to be killed off before he's even damageable(and they are his spawn, so they're legal) and when he actually comes down to fight, his attack is nigh-unavoidable, does good damage, and unleashes more minions that need to be killed before he comes back down into damage range again, where everything repeats.  So how does a melee character in-game beat him?  With the Storm Ruler, a super-powered sword that splits the sky asunder and wrecks the shit out of everything.  The spawn die in one hit, and he'll die in about 10.  Yup, 10 hits, and you can't chain these attacks together.  He was a fat stack of life to shield him.  Go giant flying manta ray, Godlike for you!
13: BP Lord Rydell: He's an interesting guy to be sure, his melee attacks are part-magic so can go through most shields, and his pole gives him good reach.  At low HP he gets a pretty big defense boost, and like any BP he's a giant ball of HP.  Makes a slightly interesting Middle at least.
14: Fool's Idol, 3-1: Discounting the revival trick, Fool's Idol is one of the frailest and least damaging bosses in the game.  It wouldn't take more than five rounds to deal with her, and she spends so much time not attacking that healing isn't a problem.  The real problem comes up in her gimmick, which is anytime after she gets attacked she teleports away, summons a bunch of identical clones and throws a bunch of paralyzing traps all over the area.  The clones attack is less damaging then the real Idol's, but there are a lot of them, so it adds up.  Get caught in a paralyzing trap at a bad spot and kiss your ass goodbye.  Can probably skirt her way into Heavy due to her tricks.
15: Tower Knight 1-2: He's big, he's bad, his shield is bigger than some other giant bosses, but like so many bosses he can be pretty easy.  Going melee on him is a recipe for disaster since you have to hit his feet and knock him down before you can actually do real damage to him, all while he's trying to crush you with his giant shield or stomp you or stab you.  So, what about the range game?  That's where the magic spear attack comes in and dammit if it doesn't hit hard.  Easy 2-3HKO off of that, and it's pure magic so you will take damage even with a shield up.  Makes Heavy because he can scrub melee fighters so easy.
16: Garl Vinland, 5-3: Oh Garl, you're so damn badass but like I alluded to earlier your AI stops you from being a threat.  But that same AI makes you a Godlike.  Garl is stuck always locked unto you with his shield in front(making him pretty much invulnerable to arrows, melee and magic) but won't pursue you beyond a certain point allowing you to bait him like little else.  The Dark Silver gear makes him nigh-invulnerable to magic, and the Brandt means any hit on you will be the only hit he needs.  It's the heaviest item in the game, requiring 36 strength to use one-handed and he does use it one-handed, except when he wants to murder you some more and two-hands it.  Oh, and what's worse, he can riposte too, sticking that damn thing straight through you making even baiting him a difficult task.  And it boosts his resistance to poison and plague.  And he can heal!  Healing that isn't effected by his armor and returns a fair amount of his truck of health.
17: Executioner Miralda: Miralda's a joke, even in her BP form.  She hits kinda hard, and rolls a lot and rolls into attacking, and her armor is the best all-around female set, but she doesn't have a shield or anything special about her.  Still, hitting hard and moving fast means she can play in Middle a bit.
18: Dirty Colossus. 5-2: Another boss with a fire weakness and bad attacks.  At least he can do actual damage, and the fly swarm is better than leeches, since they'll stick on you until you get hit by fire damage while also stopping spellcasting and healing and stuff.  Still weak to fire, and gets weaker to it the more it gets hit, but... yeah there's no upside other than decent physical defense.  Sticks around the Middle mark.
19: Leechmonger, 5-1: Ugh, leniency on the game's part?  Or trolling?  Either way, leechmonger is a joke, his attacks suck, his HP blows and he's even weaker to fire than Phalanx.  The leech status is crappy despite being unique to him, but stopping healing for a round on a DL target might not be too crappy.  Either way, I use that too much, but Leechmonger mongers in Light.  Oh yeah, it can heal itself too, but its slow and over time, heals for crap and only uses it when you're out of range.  And it leaves it wide open.  Haha.
20: Phalanx, 1-1: The first boss of the game is aptly enough a joke.  Despite being covered in shields which reduce damage and it being impossible to level-up before-hand, he's still piss easy.  See, he has a horrible, horrible weakness to fire, and 1-1 gives you a ton of fire items to use against him.  But despite being an absolute joke, his sheer damage potential is really high, just good luck seeing it.  Probably scrapes Middle because of the damage+non-fire protection.
21: BP Selen Vinland: She's aided a lot by the fact she's in that damn swamp, but she's so concerned on getting her spells off it's easy to go through this fight without a scratch(other than poison).  At least her melee attack ignores shields, whoopee.  Light.
22: Old Monk, 3-3: Hahahahahahahahaha, oh god do you suck.  Then again, this fight is ridiculous anyway.  Like, he sucks so bad that I was running in a circle for a straight minute looking something up online and didn't get hit once.  His damage is ass, only dealing about 1/10 a SOUL FORM lifebar, which means only about 1/20th a normal lifebar, and he's pathetically frail.  Homing Soul Arrow can deal some decent damage, but it's a goddamn limit and despite their name are stupidly easy to dodge.  A Light, if it wasn't for the fact that his whole fight is some bizarre gimmick which actually means this is Unrankable.

NPCS: The following NPCs you all have to goad into attacking you(with one exception) by attacking them for some % of their HP first, so their HP scales are odd.
Orstrava of Bolataria: The one exception, as he as a BP form that can be fought.  Anyway, despite probably being the nicest NPC in the game, Orstrava is a complete joke in combat despite his decent gear.  The Rune Sword allows his attacks to be magical, and the rune shield reduces magic damage, but neither make up for his terrible stats(save his abnormally high HP).  He was only doing around 40 damage to basic enemies at one point, 40!  I was doing more at level 1!  Languishes in Light.  Until NG+++++++ where the scaling of NG+ means his damage is fixed and his health is now higher than most bosses.
Old King Doran: THE MAN.  In order to fight him you need to halve his HP, then pray he doesn't murder you instantly.  His damage output is massive, and is partly magical as well.  He'll get a lot of attacks in a row due to his stamina boost, and his armor makes him take tiny ass amounts of damage.  I was doing about 80 with a backstab to him.  He has 1223 HP after being halved.  Yeah.  Sits with the pantheon in Godlike.
Biorr of the Twin Fangs: Remember that NPC help I was talking about earlier?  Well, here he is.  With insane defenses, offense to match it, and even some ranged ability with a crossbow, Biorr is the Godlike man and don't you forget it.
Patches the Hyena: Ain't he trustworthy.  Patches aggravates really fast, so he only has about 90% HP.  Not like it'd help him, since he's piss-easy if unpredictable.  His shield is constantly healing him, and his spear allows him to attack with it up.  But still, he doesn't have that much HP for it to be effective.  Fails in Light like a loser.
Sage Freke, the Visionary: He's a mage you get the first attack on.  Light.
Yurt, the Silent Chief: Yurt can be fought in two different places, one of them is more dangerous but gives you more free hits in on him.  Either way, despite being fairly resistant to bleed/poison/plague due to his armor he's not much of a threat.  Despises being in Light but can't help it.
Saint Urbain: I killed him in two hits.  Light.
Yuria the Witch: Yuria nooooooooooooooooo!  You're too damn nice and adorable to be killed but alas.  Anyway, another mage you get the drop on but gets mad faster.  Light.
Mephistopheles: You really though you could kill me bitch?  Another joke fight, but uh... at least she can do fire damage?  Light again.

The others and nameless guys aren't worth the words about them beyond being OHKO fodder.

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: April 09, 2011, 05:07:37 AM »
ITT people with different opinions are wrong.

Yeah well, Neph, you smell! My opinions on the other hand are always right!
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: April 09, 2011, 04:06:20 PM »
ITT people with different opinions are wrong.

Yeah well, Neph, you smell! My opinions on the other hand are always right!

http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=4908941
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: April 09, 2011, 04:21:30 PM »
RS:MS - Started the Faerie's Grove quest and the Oh, Mummy! quest.  Tried to finish said Oh, Mummy! quest and got my ass royally handed to me.

Party is Jamil/Barbara/Hawke/Sif/Myriam.  I think I've been in...  Maybe five battles over the course of the game?  Man, I'm probably still in ER 1 or something.

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: April 09, 2011, 08:12:01 PM »
If you run out of stuff to do, do the quest Valhalland Monsters.  You can repeat it in later ERs as long as Sif is in your party (though you can only do it twice early before the bosses become too tough to handle).
Rocky: you do know what an A-bomb is, right?
Bullwinkle: A-bomb is what some people call our show!
Rocky: I don't think that's very funny...
Bullwinkle: Neither do they, apparently!

Shale

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: April 10, 2011, 03:30:27 AM »
Pokemon Racism: In the Ground gym. Game is generally easy, even when I'm breaking in four new Pokes for variety's sake after three areas with the same basic team. Progress will be slow for a bit until I replace the charger I lost over the weekend.

Also, I finally caught a legendary - Victini. I have never gotten one before. Every time I fight the bastards, the part of my brain that says you're always supposed to kill Pokemon bosses takes over and I never remember to use a ball until it's too late. Hell, in Sapphire it didn't click until a month after I'd finished the game that I could have captured Kyogre.

Anyway, he's pretty awesome and I eventually benched him to stop him from sweeping half the people I fight.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 03:32:09 AM by Shale »
"Sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology."
-Ponder Stibbons

[23:02] <Veryslightlymad> CK dreams about me starring in porno?
[23:02] <CmdrKing> Pretty sure.

DomaDragoon

• Lazy
  • Denizen
  • Boink.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: April 10, 2011, 06:39:09 AM »
FO3 breaks the cardinal rule with its random encounters: You get badly penalized for levelling up.
Quote from: Grefter
Bethesda!!!
The game wasn't pretty after level 21 with all the Feral Ghoul Reavers and Albion Radscorpions for a speech/sneak/melee/explosives character. (Not to mention the deluxe super mutants before)

To be fair, the Reavers, Albinos, and Overlords weren't included until Broken Steel, and then only because they knew 10 more levels of just the standard baddies would be piss easy. I didn't have a problem with any of them during any point (save getting two Overlords in the Planetarium when going to get the radio dish) thanks to the Dart Gun. So freakin' broken.

In a related topic:

Fallout NV - Dead Money: Over the past few days, played through this. I have to agree with Eph in that the taking of equipment was a real pain, and I didn't really like how much they used the collar mechanism, but I didn't think it was that bad. The rewards are definitely worth it.

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: April 11, 2011, 01:19:07 AM »
Finished the Twelvth cycle in Dissidia, now working on the 13th cycle.  Amused by the fact that it's the world map from FF1, though a little changed in order to work here.  Right up to having ruins in all of the places where the towns used to be.  The fact that it all seemed familiar until I recognised the ruins of Corneria and it all clicked was especially nice.

As for characters.

Lightning may be my most effective of the new characters, though I honestly enjoy Yuna and Laguna more.  Something about their attacks is just really satisfying, up to and including the fact that a lot of Laguna's attacks involve blasting things with a miniature spaceship.  Am trying to remember if his EX Burst involves, at some point, him surfboarding on that same miniature spaceship.

Aside from that, generally a good job with the new characters.  And I do like how generally staying on the ground feels a little bit more viable now, as opposed to the first game where it was pretty rare to sit on the ground.

Also been fiddling around a bit with the Museum now that I have it unlocked, and it's good to see that these are also still generally good and still chock full of refences.  Also nice is that the story modes tend to sync up decently well between the new and old stuff, along with a nifty looking timeline scene reviewer.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: April 11, 2011, 01:28:15 AM »
Fallout NV - Dead Money: Over the past few days, played through this. I have to agree with Eph in that the taking of equipment was a real pain, and I didn't really like how much they used the collar mechanism, but I didn't think it was that bad. The rewards are definitely worth it.

I think the difficulty depends a great deal on what kind of weapons you specialized in in the maingame. I had maxed guns skill and was easily able to get through most of Dead Money's combat with just the police revolver. Not much in the way of energy weapons or explosives to be found, though (there's the holorifle--which is outstanding when repaired and modded--for the former, but ammo for it is scarce; maybe I didn't pay much attention to explosive weapons because I never used them, but I really only remember finding an endless amount of mines).

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: April 11, 2011, 03:29:24 AM »
Demon's Souls- Legaia 2's tedium was getting at me, so I switched over to this. Started as Soldier. Fun game so far. Aside from the required tutorial boss death, my first actual death came at the hands of the Red Eyes Knight in 1-1. I totally see where the hype for them comes from. Mrf. Hopped off to watch something on TV, will continue in a bit.

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: April 11, 2011, 03:48:56 AM »
Demon's Souls- Legaia 2's tedium was getting at me, so I switched over to this. Started as Soldier. Fun game so far. Aside from the required tutorial boss death, my first actual death came at the hands of the Red Eyes Knight in 1-1. I totally see where the hype for them comes from. Mrf. Hopped off to watch something on TV, will continue in a bit.

Then you get revenge on them in 1-3 with Northern Regalia and Hyper Mode.  Then the 1-1 Knight still gets you because that is Demon's Souls.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: April 11, 2011, 05:24:49 AM »
Legaia 2 - Hoooly crap Avalon is crazy. He wants to destroy everyone in the world but himself or something. Bonus points for saying the word power 26 times during the final sequence.

Legend of Dragoon - Dart discovered his primary competition for Lavitz's heart, and it ain't pretty. He is bishier, more well-dressed, and way richer than Dart. *sulk* I might be stuck with Shana...
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: April 11, 2011, 06:23:09 AM »
Demon's Souls- Phalanx beaten. Woot. Ended up with 5.5k souls before using any of the item souls I got. Died twice. Once to the first blue eyes knight in the level when I just tried going around him and found out hey, fog is not a barrier and got back attacked. Second time was right after when I had a firebomb dude explode a bunch of barrels around me. Got my souls back both times. Rest of the level went pretty well. At Soul Level 14 at the moment. Probably heading to 2-1 next.

Really enjoying the game. Just the right amount of difficulty. Haven't been this engrossed by a game in a while.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #1069 on: April 11, 2011, 12:06:52 PM »
Legaia 2 - Hoooly crap Avalon is crazy. He wants to destroy everyone in the world but himself or something. Bonus points for saying the word power 26 times during the final sequence.

Legend of Dragoon - Dart discovered his primary competition for Lavitz's heart, and it ain't pretty. He is bishier, more well-dressed, and way richer than Dart. *sulk* I might be stuck with Shana...

Going through the rest of the Ranked games alphabetically or something?

Rozalia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: April 11, 2011, 06:09:51 PM »
Dynasty warriors 7 - *Sheds tear* They at last after 20 or so games finally did a decent job with the story mode and people say the video-game industry is in decline. If Koei can succeed at doing something right for once then there is hope for everybody.

I've done Shu and Wei's story as I'm saving Jin for last and I don't like the Wusers. Its nice to see that they stick to the story and don't go into the bullshit the other games go into like in DW5 where Shu wins at Wu Zhang plains and then somehow Wu and Wei are both destroyed in the process. The Wei story in particular was better as in the Shu one they keep harping on about benevolence.

Favorite battle so far is the battle of He Fei simply for the quotes the enemy soldiers make during it. The Wusers shit their pants at seeing Zhang Liao tear their forces to shreds. Speaking of Zhang Liao he is broken to the extream having both a crowd clearer and boss killer special with one of the best EX attacks in the game.

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: April 11, 2011, 07:29:24 PM »
So (the other) DW7 is better then part 6? The last one I really enjoyed was 5 on the PS2 so it has been awhile.

Also, how is the multiplayer?
"It took hundreds to kill me, but I killed by the thousands."

RPGDL Fantasy Football 2010 Champion

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: April 11, 2011, 07:51:22 PM »

Haha, no. Just playing random crap I feel like I'm 'missing'. I think WA5 is next. Or MK2. >_>

metroid composite

• m_ACac
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: April 11, 2011, 07:54:46 PM »
Desktop Dungeons

No clue what I do to unlock the last two monster classes, or the mystery dungeon on the far right.  For now, just doing the 2-boss dungeons with a variety of classes, and doing Gauntlet mode whenever I get built up to max gold.  (I'm up to level 15 gauntlet.  Version number v015, as I'm sure that probably makes a difference).

Classes for Gauntlet...up through level 13 I was using Human Warlord.  I realize now that Human is significantly worse than Gnome at killing the boss (+40% damage maybe...which is only 1.2x as much damage.  Compare that to going from 4 mana potions to 8 mana potions, increasing mana by 1.6x or so).

The theory behind Warlord is that it's consistently good early on, and can often manage to kill higher level enemies.  Know what else is good early on, though?  Sorceror.  Mana Shield is like...a constant +20% damage.  They start with 15 mana.  And any glyph at all they pick up at level 1 will be better healing than any other class gets with the healing glyph.  Good at boss killing too, thanks to the +5 mana (and occasionally they'll be able to use the healing...but on Gauntlet mode most bosses will OHKO so you need fireball or protection from killing blow).

Also started taking interest in Thief, seeing as...ok, so they effectively get 10 mana potions instead of 4, and they get an extra bonus drop for each of their stats (so among other things, +1 max mana, +10% damage, +10% health).  Their endgame is really strong, just...they're not particularly good at getting there.

Religions...usually Pactmaker if I can get it.  No attacking restrictions, and +10 mana is really good.  Dracul is also decent...although there's no reason to rush into it early, as the only essential bonuses from the religion are pretty cheap, and the artificial level bump early can suck, as can early HP drops.  Jehoria is...fine on normal-difficulty maps, but on Gauntlet level 15 it just tends to backfire (can't use reraise or first strike?  Boo).  The bonuses aren't that big, though--probably the best one is scrambling all the enemy types at random; past that it's some small damage buffs.  Mysteria Annur...hey +15 mana, and a few ways to buff magic damage; that's pretty awesome.  Do not touch it unless you already have fireball.  The rest of them are pretty bad (although not awful if you're in one of those mono-typed dungeons).

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: April 11, 2011, 09:18:17 PM »

Haha, no. Just playing random crap I feel like I'm 'missing'. I think WA5 is next. Or MK2. >_>

Another thing: The next game on the list would be LUFIA 1, which would never happen.