Author Topic: Playin' any games today, Flying Nun? (WGAYP - 2011 Edition)  (Read 267278 times)

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Playin' any games today, Flying Nun? (WGAYP - 2011 Edition)
« Reply #2475 on: October 13, 2011, 07:49:43 PM »
Sengoku Basara 3: Tadakatsu's Kanbe route is hilarious. Dude just cannot help but screw up everything he touches.

Djinn: Moogles and Nu Mou only? Sounds like All Juggler, All The Time. Smile Toss is so broken. Especially with 2 jugglers, both with Charge as thier secondary. Smile toss back and forth, building enough MP to unleash Ultima Charges as soon as either one gets a turn. Not to mention moving anywhere on the board they please to do it. I'd personally call Juggler more broken then any single class Humes get, though Moogle doesn't have enough other good options to be better as a race.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: October 13, 2011, 10:35:06 PM »
Wait, what? I would never have an XG avatar, nor endorse anyone playing XG ever.

FF7 - Went on a romantic date with Barret. At least, if your idea of romanticism is having a giant black man hovering over you telling you not to date his 7 year old daughter you creepy pedo followed by him machine gunning fireworks because they 'pissed him off'. Then I learned not to trust the mascot character. It's a hard lesson in life to learn.

So you came?
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: October 14, 2011, 08:22:35 AM »
Dark Souls is dark: Where you can become a mushroom.

When I/we/us/Kevin Bacon last left off he was cursed for the first actual time.  That's where those two purge stones bought a lifetime ago come in handy!  Except they don't and we go visit Ingward to get the cure from him.  Except he's a big smelly jerk who after defeating the Four Kings just blathers about heading to the surface.  So I return to Firelink, and pay the Humanity price to remove my curse because we're dumb.  So instead of going to seek revenge we go back to Anor Londo to fight O+S some more.  And grind in the meantime.  Two summons this time, one success, one failure because the summoner though getting next to the charging SS was a good idea.

So I go to Blighttown to go help out the Onion Knight.  Then I go back to challenge the Crystal Caves again.  I think.  My mind's kinda murky...  uhhhh, anyway, take two against the boss while following the instructions the other gave my goes poorly.  Again.  And I'm cursed.  Again.  Luckily I have three purging stones.. wait, three?  Oh yeah, I visited the female undead and Oswald.  Ha, the highest sinner is lower SL then I am... Uh, anyway, time for take 3.  Going against the wondrous advice that's gotten me killed and cursed twice, I actually learn the boss's obnoxiously simple pattern and kill him without fuss.  Whoopie.

2/4ths of the way done, I decide to return to the Demon Ruins, only to see the Capra Demons actually do respawn for glorious slaughter-death-kill.  LOTS of SLAUGHTER-DEATH-MURDER-BUTCHER-MASSACRE-KILL.  And two Tauros demons respawn and some sort of fat pot cat statue thing and a bunch of obnoxious worms and an oddly soon placed bonfire.  Seriously?  Was that one hall of Capras so difficult that it requires a bonfire after them?  Hahahahhahaha!  Also I kill Kirk again.

So, I throw down some summon signs for the boss.  First summoner gets killed before she even clears the entrance.  Dammit.  Second summoner takes too long to go through, but he rocks pretty hard and we waste the boss.  Third summoner gets distracted by e Darkmoon guy coming for his head twice(same guy even).  I was frankly useless in the fight except as a second target and surprising the hell out of the guy as he ran away by keeping up with him in my fatso armor.  Oh yeah, I can now fast roll in heavy armor.  Oh yeah.  We kill the boss easily again.  Then after an hour of no summons I go and effortlessly kill the boss.

Further in is another bonfire and another boss.  And further up is a pointless shortcut.  I revive to human and summon Solaire because he's a bro and I should be able to join Warriors of Sunlight if he survives the boss.  Who goes down easy again because Solaire tanks him while in lava.  Spiffy.  Except rumors were wrong and I still can't join.  And I'm too high level for any boss now it seems argh.

So I head for the dear dark Catacombs.  Where I'm so grossly overleveled I can two-shot the skeletons.  So imagine my surprise when someone invades me because I'm still human.  I win, because the guy had the bright idea to try two-handing his weapon against someone with heavy armor and shield and spear in the end.

Then I die by screwing up the jump to the blacksmith.

Then I beat the boss in seven attacks because I'm too overleveled for this area.

And the Tomb of Giants is nearly as dark as the Abyss.  Which is impressive because the only light in the Abyss is from you, the Four Kings, your bloodstain, the bonfire and Keethe.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: October 14, 2011, 12:00:00 PM »
Mmm yeah agreed on the randoms Gate though I mainly only used Aht for utility with Steal/Items early (the little goblin dude things have Might Herbs if I remember right and my Stocke hadn't picked up Steal yet) Which boss though? This one -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6KH9kXfhU4

(Forest Bear?)

Bears contrary to appearances can actually be pushed so worth keeping in mind for future reference - and glad you did give Aht a chance at least! :)

Yes Gate. It's a bit obscure, though. If you see an unusual, seemingly pointless place, make sure to come back later to check it out.

I know where to redeem the skill scrolls and stuff for Raynie and Marco (though haven't done so since Resist Boost/move skill), Aht (haven't redeemed any yet!) G man's (just Strongman) and Rosch (just the one tied in with the story so far) but beats me on Stocke and the other character. The first five are pretty obvious though especially since Aht and Gakfa's can basically be done enroute during the plot (Aht's Wandering Soul can be completed while doing plot stuffs endgame as well) I think and of course Rosch's first couldn't be more obvious :)

The final dungeon is giving me more levels than I expected thanks to the puzzle enemies and the respawning crystals. I know which crystals you mean now Fenrir. At first I thought it was the white ones in the final dungeon in the other history and I was wondering how I couldn't fight them haha  :P

Edit - Wow just wiped horribly to the final's third form w/th my Stocke/Raynie/Rosch secondary team. Characters kept getting cursed and then eventually everyone was hit by MT Curse and Stocke's healing/Raynie's Regenerate couldn't keep up with overall damage being done alone without item backup especially not when the boss followed up by inflicting MT Poison. Finally 2/3 of my team was wiped out from a Dark Matter + Aftermath combo (Rosch survived on 11~ HP >_>) and Rosch couldn't hold the forte all by himself. Evil~
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 04:37:05 PM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Captain K.

• Do you even...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...lift books bro?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: October 14, 2011, 03:47:50 PM »
Dark Souls:  making some progress!  Found the Undead Parish.  Beat the armored boar after a couple of tries.  Actually managed to beat the black knight in the church, which is the first one I've been able to beat.  Found the blacksmith and upgraded my mace to +5, because Gygax is an amateur.  Killed the magician after several tries.  Fought the gargoyles and died, but they actually weren't too bad.  So I go back, turn human, summon Solaire, apply lightning to my mace, and completely devastate them.  Ring that bell!

This whole thing is so scary I just want to crawl into a bird's nest and curl up in the fetal position.  WAH!!!  Oh, I'm back in the tutorial area.  That's just the thing to relax me:  some easy enemies to kill and... OH MY GOD THEY'VE DISCOVERED FIRE

I can't beat any of the black knights in the asylum, so I go back to the Undead Burg.  Finally find what the basement key unlocks, so I go get mobbed by thieves and finally find the Capra demon.  Yeah, that's pretty annoying.  Think I'll do that later.

So I go back to the asylum to grind, because I want to buy the thing that opens up Darkroot Gardens so I can make my mace holier than thou.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: October 14, 2011, 07:55:44 PM »
Radiant Historia. Ending get. Went with the Stocke/E/Aht blitz down/mage/magic defence tanks team ftw. E blitzed with G Frost, Aht supported with Polaris, Lunatic and Area G Heal/healing skills and items, etc throwing in some damage with Cross Star when free and Stocke acted as odd job man w/th buffing items/etc throwing in Power Waves and G Fires as needed too. Ending made me baw even though I knew it was coming. Still just a giant sap like that >_> A lot of the stuffs near and including the end was sad. Final thoughts on everything after I've done the sidequests, post game and stuff.

Final levels Stocke L64, Aht L63, Raynie L62, Marco L58, Rosch L56, Gafka L56, E! L51~
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: October 14, 2011, 08:49:00 PM »
Dark Souls:  making some progress!  Found the Undead Parish.  Beat the armored boar after a couple of tries.  Actually managed to beat the black knight in the church, which is the first one I've been able to beat. 

That's actually a Heavy Knight.

I can't beat any of the black knights in the asylum, so I go back to the Undead Burg.  Finally find what the basement key unlocks, so I go get mobbed by thieves and finally find the Capra demon.  Yeah, that's pretty annoying.  Think I'll do that later.

KnightS?  Oh right, there's supposed to be an Archer one isn't there...

Captain K.

• Do you even...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...lift books bro?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: October 15, 2011, 01:15:54 AM »
Black knight/Heavy knight, whatever.  He was a bit too busy trying to smash my face in with a mace to tell me his name.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: October 15, 2011, 02:45:33 AM »
I, on the other hand, am 100% stuck on both available bosses: Bell Gargoyle and Capra Demon.

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: October 15, 2011, 03:06:57 AM »
Black knight/Heavy knight, whatever.  He was a bit too busy trying to smash my face in with a mace to tell me his name.

Hey, you don't want to be confused if/when you start farming things.

I, on the other hand, am 100% stuck on both available bosses: Bell Gargoyle and Capra Demon.

If you get desperate you can always go human and summon Solaire for the Gargoyle.

Dark Souls: Instead of the usual paragraph rant I accomplished less then piss-all so you get a bunch of hyphens instead.

-Found the fourth Knight ring.  Whoopee for increasing bow range.
-Saved Dusk.  Found out I have too low Intelligence to do any spell ever.
-Bought all of Petrous' Miracles.
-Joined Darkmoon.
-Got summoned by some guy in the same abomination of armor as I am to fight Darkmoon phantoms in the Darkened Anor Londo.  We prevailed because the first guy could barely hurt us with backstabs, the second was AFK and the third was off in nowheresville and DCed.
-Wasted too much time trying to get summoned for anything.
-Tried Humanity farming, didn't get a single one.  Didn't try hard though.
-Braved Tomb of the Giants.  Was wrong in saying the Abyss was darker.
-PATCHES!
-Saved RheaReah.  Killed Petrous.  Gained two humanity.  Maybe want to kill more spite-filled NPCs to get more humanity.
-Noticed mispellings between NPC names.

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: October 15, 2011, 03:15:09 AM »
CT, glad you stayed with Aht :p

Andrew, tips: Buy items from the blacksmith to upgrade your favourite weapon/armor to +5 or less and these bosses should be less difficult. I suggest an axe or an halberd if it's available at that point.
To get more souls you can use the undead or soldier souls you find lying around (that's their only purpose). Or you can get the items you need from those knights in the church (the difficult ones, yes)
Get 2 humanity points and you can become human at a bonfire, then kindle it to get 10 healing flasks instead of 5. This is the best use of humanity in the game so far.

I find the only way for the game to not be scary is to be scarier than the enemies. I do that with the armor set that was next to Ceaseless Discharge (no jokes about moms, please)
I've played for like 5 hours today and feel like I've accomplished basically nothing but beating two bosses. I don't know where I should go next. Maybe the place the bells opened. I feel like I'm sequence breaking everywhere I go.
Still a lot of fun though. The best thing about it is the level design, the whole game is just one big, cohesive, intimidating, trecherous, vertical place with no loading times. (unless you're trying to get back to the tutorial area) There's no minimap, there couldn't even be one, and it doesn't feel like it's missing at all (for all that I get lost all the time in Blighttown)

So guys Sakuraba (Tales & Tri-Ace music guy) made the music for this game, uh. It doesn't feel like him at all.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: October 15, 2011, 04:04:19 AM »
Blue Dragon - So I beat up a bunch of robots who I'm sure won't be back later, and brought down what totally was hyped by the plot as a final dungeon. Evil Purple Bill Gates escaped though. Please switch to disc 2? Guess this game has a lot of epilogue.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Captain K.

• Do you even...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...lift books bro?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: October 15, 2011, 04:10:23 AM »

If you got the Gold Pine Resin from the house in Undead Burg (need Residence Key or Master Key), you can apply that to your weapon during the fight to do massive damage.  You should be able to kill the first gargoyle by the time the second gets into position to attack you.

Almost all the early bosses are weak to lightning, so it's a really useful item (but you only get three early on).

Also equip the Hollow Solider Shield if you got it as a drop - it has a nice fire block rate.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #2488 on: October 15, 2011, 05:40:25 AM »
Trinity Universe: Breakin' the fourth wall~
Finally getting back to Kanata's story, though I keep wanting to stop and try out Valkyrie path to play with Flonne and Mr. Tension Gauge.

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: October 15, 2011, 06:16:12 AM »
Get 2 humanity points and you can become human at a bonfire, then kindle it to get 10 healing flasks instead of 5. This is the best use of humanity in the game so far.

To add unto this, the bonfire near Andre the Blacksmith in Undead Parish is a REALLY good spot to kindle.  Hell, I might even say it's the best one to kindle.

I find the only way for the game to not be scary is to be scarier than the enemies. I do that with the armor set that was next to Ceaseless Discharge (no jokes about moms, please)
I've played for like 5 hours today and feel like I've accomplished basically nothing but beating two bosses. I don't know where I should go next. Maybe the place the bells opened. I feel like I'm sequence breaking everywhere I go.

Sen's Fortress.  Balls are gonna drop.

So guys Sakuraba (Tales & Tri-Ace music guy) made the music for this game, uh. It doesn't feel like him at all.

Holy shit.  :psyduck:

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2490 on: October 15, 2011, 06:38:41 AM »
FF7- Four resets to the Demon Wall. I've been playing the game pretty damn casually so up to this point I wasn't taking things very seriously. And then I got slapped around like a bitch. Unequipped a bunch of Materia and set up for Barrier-All and Haste-All and PHYSICAL GOD AERIS AW YEAH. more seriously, rolling double sixes on Dice and Bahamut helped a lot.
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: October 15, 2011, 06:39:25 AM »
Cap: Thanks for confirming that. I was kind of wondering, since I think I saw something about Lightning being good against pretty much everything in a loading screen. Was gonna try it on my next boss attempt.

Captain K.

• Do you even...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...lift books bro?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: October 15, 2011, 09:40:12 AM »
DS:  A long, painful trip to Blighttown only resulted in one green titanite shard before I got tired.  But that was enough to put the power of Jeebus into my mace.  Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go smash the shit out of some skeletons.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: October 15, 2011, 05:16:38 PM »
and PHYSICAL GOD AERIS AW YEAH. more seriously, rolling double sixes on Dice and Bahamut helped a lot.

!!!

... oh. Don't get me all excited like that Ciatos! :P  ;-)

(PC SPOILERS for unwary Gates maybe)

@ Fenrir - Well I wanted to give everyone a fair chance without factoring/trying not to factor personal bias into it (Aht is an obvious CT bait, Eruca turned out to be one too, less obvious there though some might have predicted it)/ and or just using my favourites all the time for this first run of the game and I did manage to use everyone/feel that I did give everyone a fair workout more or less (Marco might have gotten the short end of the stick/probably was the least used but that's because I want to save mass Turn Shift abuse for my typical crush the game type replay  ;-) - though I confess I did sometimes exploit something similar w/th Aht/Eruca + Aht speed + Change + Turn Breaks MB abuse >_> I tried not to overabuse this combined with Aht's traps but yeaah fun times~)  and for a judgement call/etc too =) Yeah either Marco or Gafka were my least used though I've been trying out Gafka more now that he has Wind God Strike. Next time I playthrough though I am going to use all the traps I want w/th lots of Turn Break abuse too =D

WGS + Cross Star/WGS + Electric Trap are a couple of combos I've been experimenting w/th most recently w/th the Gafka/Aht duo (if you trap a spare panal off the right hand side from the middle w/th Electric Trap vs the likes of the thaumachine/thamatech enemy types inc the ones in the final dungeon Gakfa will trigger it when he follows up w/th Wind God Strike for a pretty awesme/spectacular end to the battle ;o)~

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: October 15, 2011, 05:18:40 PM »
She did have Deathblow and a Power Wrist and Counter-Attack! It was pretty awesome, but I just felt the need to point out that Dice and Bahamut and Climhazard did the majority of the damage. Not really Aeris's fault that she had to use Phoenix Down every other turn. <_<
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: October 16, 2011, 08:49:04 AM »
Dark Souls: Wherein progress is stomped by horrible, irredeemable failure.

When last I left off I accomplished so little I couldn't even meander a terrible paragraph out of it and had to resort to my good friend the hyphen.  Me and him are bros, like how I wanted to be a bro with Solaire but couldn't because Summons dried up and the game bugged out and killed him.  After I took an hour to farm 2 humanity because just leaving the Painted World prevents the NPC Invader from spawning even if the boss is alive.  So, after my stupid farming session I followed the instructions to save Solaire to the letter by spending 30 humanity to open up an alternate route into Lost Izalith where I'm supposed to kill some bugs and if I kill them he survives.  Except as soon as I open the shortcut he's standing there all hostile.  What the hell game.

Lost Izalith is a stupid place with stupid jerks.  Except Onion Knight, again.  At least I'm on target for saving him it seems.  Also got the Red Slab.  The Bed of Chaos is a dumb boring boss.

So the only thing left is Tomb of the Giants and joy of joys I now have a head parasite that generates light so I can use my shield.  This of course doesn't stop me from being reamed by two giant skeletons.  So I run down, again, wave hi to Patches and go in deeper.  Meeting the new enemy the skeleton-dog-men things and suddenly being surprised by another Black Knight.  Find the second bonfire and go human to fight another NPC Black Phantom Paladin Leeroy and get Brandt's dumb cousin.

On to Nito!  First of the dead made up of a mountain of corpses and sadly the easiest boss I've fought.  So now I can endgame!  And endgame farm!  Like farming those baby skeletons in Tomb of the Giants for 40 solid Humanity in about an hour.  And get the Divine and Enchanted trophies.  And farm more chunks from Kiln enemies.  And get Black Knight Armor!

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: October 16, 2011, 07:01:47 PM »
Sengoku Basara 3: THE POWER OF LOVE WILL CONQUER ALL!!!

As in, yes, I did just beat Keiji Maede's quest, going the East route

Next up appears to be...uhh...some chick with a bow based on the opening CG.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: October 16, 2011, 09:26:48 PM »
Sengoku Basara 3: Tadakatsu's Kanbe route is hilarious. Dude just cannot help but screw up everything he touches.

Djinn: Moogles and Nu Mou only? Sounds like All Juggler, All The Time. Smile Toss is so broken. Especially with 2 jugglers, both with Charge as thier secondary. Smile toss back and forth, building enough MP to unleash Ultima Charges as soon as either one gets a turn. Not to mention moving anywhere on the board they please to do it. I'd personally call Juggler more broken then any single class Humes get, though Moogle doesn't have enough other good options to be better as a race.

Smile Toss seems like it's only awesome with that combo, which is late (Nice before, but nowhere as good) barring me getting bad luck on access. I haven't seen anything with Ultima Charge yet (Also, 8-10 fights in Tinker. For multiple PCs. Ew). We'll see if it beats out Recharge for access, since I'm about 70% of the way through.
...into the nightfall.

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #2498 on: October 16, 2011, 11:01:51 PM »
Before that point, you probably use high level black magic spells with Smile Toss spam?  But realistically Smile Toss is key in any effective Moogle setup, it's the only racial ability that's standout for them.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Captain K.

• Do you even...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...lift books bro?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: October 17, 2011, 01:34:40 AM »
Guardian Heroes:  Never got to play the Saturn version, so I bought it for XBox.  Fun little game.  Beat the Story on Normal with Ginjirou.

I noticed Shale bought it also.  Anyone else want to get in on some multiplayer?

DS:  Beat the Capra demon on the fourth try.  But my gear was pretty good at that point (Divine Mace +3, Elite Knight's Armor +8, etc.).  I think a lot of the frustration comes from people with the Master Key getting to him too early.  He's actually really far along if you follow the non-sequence-breaking flow.  But yes, his room is way too small.

Went into the depths, fell down a hole and got cursed.  AKA, game says, "You're not being fucked enough already; have some more!"

Tried several times to reach the NPC in New Anor Londo that removes curses.  The ghosts themselves aren't particularly difficult.  I 2HKO them with my weapon.  But they attack at such odd angles/hide in walls and floors/attack you from the side of bridges where you can't attack them back without falling off...  I just gave up and went and farmed in the Asylum to buy a Purging Stone instead.

Back in the Asylum, I lured out one of the Black Knights to the large room where the bonfire is.  I was slowly whittling him down when for some reason the Elite Knight aggroed on me and came up the stairs to join the fight.  I figure I'm screwed, but I just play defensive.  They actually hit each other with their attacks!  The Elite Knight killed the Black Knight, then I finished him off.  Score!

In the Catacombs now, which is actually really easy.  Until you get to the drag-racing skeletons.  That part is just a little bit ridiculous.