Register

Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 36 (WHAAAAAAT are you saying)  (Read 3761 times)

Taishyr

Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 36 (WHAAAAAAT are you saying)
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2011, 12:20:25 PM »
Okay. Yeah, voting CT falls, Dhyer passes barely.

Snow... wow, Yunalesca's a pain.

Geno > Yunalesca > Deis (Deis is fast but not Yunalesca-fast) > Raja turn 1 > FFT Priest > Raja post-Speed?, Ryu3 fits in somewhere between Yunalesca and turn 1 Raja but I don't care to try and math out if he beats Deis or not. Lean no.

Geno can buff but that's not beneficial here, Lessy just bites to debuff whoever gets it and Geno resources are kinda low anyway. Though it does lock Yuna out of using Absorb... kinda. Iunno which is best here.

*checks Yunalesca durability, blinks. Um hm, muuuuch better than I remember though I hold against more of the spheregrid so she faces Holy, I don't see a Deis 2HKO on first form even with Geno Boost (though if anyone else chips in I think it works). 3HKO, yes* Right so I think the best bet the team has is...

Form 1: Geno/Deis go on the offensive, Ryu3 restores statused people, Raja uses Miracle to keep people not-OHKO from Absorb bait. Priest looks pretty.
Form 2: Okay Lessy stops the status counters here. However, Zombie stops healing which means Absorb is now -very- pertinent, and Ryu3 removing it is bad mojo because you can't really count on Lessy using it again in the DL now can you?

... Yeaaah. This admittedly comes in part due to durability respect but I'm not seeing this work out; a blitz doesn't really work thanks to the physical + form 3 leering like a drunk and going "bend over" in tandem with it being -the most durable form she has-. Upswing, after checking the rest of the fights this is the only problem! ... Mmm. Ryu3 can join in the damage on form 3 which maaaay be enough? Maybe? Fuck. Yunalesca's durable enough that that fight is a wringer, and I'm not sure if I see much of any team passing her (you'd need death immunity up the wazoo... well, Ryu can block Death+Status decently well (5 Death 4 Status by my check), and since that also covers Absorb... hm. Rely on Ryu3 tanking her out some? Scary, but it might work, though Megadeath actually skewers that since 5 Death isn't perfect blocking. Unless he can get an accessory or something to further wall it, yeah, not gonna work).

Tenative fail to Snow. Scaling the durability further down for Lessy could switch this, but most of what I factor in for durability she doesn't mind (the AI penalty's not much of a hit here).

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2011, 12:30:35 PM »
Okay. Yeah, voting CT falls, Dhyer passes barely.

Snow... wow, Yunalesca's a pain.

Geno > Yunalesca > Deis (Deis is fast but not Yunalesca-fast)

Hm? Yunalesca's 40 speed (to Elfboy's 31 average). That's... hmmm, that's Tidus' speed at DL-legal endgame. I'd see Yunalesca as at the end of the sphere grid as a good level, which means DL averages should be a fairly good benchmark for relative speeds. Tidus' DL speed is 113% average first turn and 107% after the first. I don't think even Elfboy's average would have Yunalesca as faster than -first-turn Rikku- (145%), and Deis1 is at levels close to that. If anything, Yunalesca should be closer to Yuna (119%-125%), which is still < Deis.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Taishyr

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2011, 02:56:34 PM »
I'll check it again when I return to my lappy; if you're right then it's a decent shot better chance, but the percentages I was getting were showing Yunalesca as a fair bit higher than Deis.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2011, 03:17:33 PM »
I'll also note Absorb becomes completely irrelevant to 'lesca under Zombie because it'd act in reverse (heal the zombies/damage herself). >_> This is pretty menial due to Cura/Curaga existing unless you're hyping the healing (... >_________>), but I'll also note Zombied people who die in FFX can actually be revived.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Taishyr

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2011, 04:12:37 PM »
I didn't have confirmation of whether or not Absorb did damage her or not under zombie. And yeah Curaga makes it irrelevant, Cura isn't as good as Absorb for raw damage tho. Also yeah remembered the revival thing. I'll go back and reparse the argument for that.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2011, 04:31:40 AM »
Echoing a tenative pass to Dhyer, because despite my earlier concerns, him failing this floor actually requires respecting earlygame bosses - something that I just don't do.

No vote on Tranquil and Jo'ou.  Tranquil because I have less than no knowledge of LoD.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 12:40:19 PM by Magic Fanatic »

Taishyr

« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2011, 05:10:32 AM »
Right, since the form 2 damage isn't good enough and I forgot revival will proc through Zombie, that leaves one question.

Did revival remove Zombie in FFX? Or did it stay on?

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2011, 06:01:58 AM »
Team Tranquil != Trance