Register

Author Topic: Futurama: Teasures of the 2010 Backlog Edition Week 1  (Read 2927 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Futurama: Teasures of the 2010 Backlog Edition Week 1
« on: January 25, 2011, 03:55:30 AM »
Hells yeah.  The rules are as ever, including closing on Sunday.  In theory.

Godlike

Dorothy (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) v Mewtwo (Pokémon)
Rorolina Frixell (Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland) v Yuna (Final Fantasy X)
Richter Abend (Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World) v Isolde Schelling (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis)
Bishop Ladja (Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride) v Loki (Valkyrie Profile)

Heavy

Roy (Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals) v Bubba (Legaia 2: Duel Saga)
Klein Kiesling (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana) v Wren (Phantasy Star IV)
Marta Lualdi (Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World) v Billy Lee Black (Xenogears)
Levail (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) v Queen Zeal (Chrono Trigger)

Middle

Bonta-kun (Super Robot Taisen Series) v Xenogears (Xenogears)
Lita Blanchimont (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana) v Tifa Lockhart (Final Fantasy VII)
Snow Villiers (Final Fantasy XIII) v Rudy Roughknight (Wild ARMs)
Viola (Eternal Sonata) v Lyon (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones)

Light

Fee (Atelier Iris 2: The Azoth of Destiny) v Meru (Legend of Dragoon)
Nakil (Suikoden Tierkreis) v Blastoise (Pokémon)
Filo (Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings) v Viktor (Suikoden Series)
White Mage (Final Fantasy Tactics A2) v Guard Scorpion (Final Fantasy VII)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Futurama: Teasures of the 2010 Backlog Edition Week 1
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 04:09:57 AM »
Godlike

Dorothy (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) v Mewtwo (Pokémon) - Gen1 loses, FR/LG not so sure but eh on the balance of things I'll go with this.

Heavy

What.

Middle

Bonta-kun (Super Robot Taisen Series) v Xenogears (Xenogears) - Can gear deathblows even be used against human-sized targets (which Bonta-kun is, SS on the SRW size scale = human-sized)?  Regardless my kneejerk is that Prosuke has too much evasion for this one way or another.

Light

Nakil (Suikoden Tierkreis) v Blastoise (Pokémon) - kneejerk
White Mage (Final Fantasy Tactics A2) v Guard Scorpion (Final Fantasy VII) - christ this looks epic
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 06:40:47 PM by Random Consonant »

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 04:12:49 AM »
White Mage (Final Fantasy Tactics A2) vGuard Scorpion (Final Fantasy VII)- Pretty easy. Heal when tail is up, attack when tail is down.

I can techically vote on a few others, but blah.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 04:22:05 AM »
Bonta-kun (Super Robot Taisen Series) v Xenogears (Xenogears) - Can gear deathblows even be used against human-sized targets (which Bonta-kun is, SS on the SRW size scale = human-sized)?  Regardless my kneejerk is that Prosuke has too much evasion for this one way or another.

They cannot.  However, against a human sized target standard TSX attacks gain new multipliers, such that a T attack is equivelent in damage to an X attack against a gear target.  Fei's accuracy with T attacks is in the ~125% range, for what taht's worth.

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 04:46:00 AM »
Godlike:
Dorothy (Wizard of Oz) vs. Mewtwo (Pkmn) - FRLG version probably loses? The lower magic durability means that Dorothy can just Sleep->Melt Down->MeltDown->Healing Hand loop him to death before he can buff himself into amazing. If he tries Safeguard, then she Heal-locks him with 3xMelt Down->Healing Hand until she outpaces his healing. RBY version has a better chance, despite still being Sleep-bait. Mostly because He'll open with Amnesia and turn Dorothy's MD damage to laughable levels. If she goes the physical route, she's dealing with his other buff and lower damage total per round, but more sustainable. She's probably not heal-locking him though and she'll have to run him out of 20 charges of Recover before he runs her out of ~30 shots Healing/Mirror Skin (depending on whether he opted for Psychic or Swift). Probably Dorothy.

Rorolina Frixell (Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland) v Yuna (Final Fantasy X) - Exciting-looking match. Rorona can actually take down the Unlimited Aeon Works if she gets a turn! I think she one-shots everyone but Ifrit and Yuna (they love that Fire Absorption deal here). As fun as it was to learn that, it all comes down to who goes first, which in this case, is Yuna.

Bishop Ladja (DQ5) vs. Loki (VP1) - Just going by the stat topic, I'd peg average damage/turn against Loki as ~123000. He's got 400000 HP. Ladja is looking at 480 damage/turn with his 3800 HP. Thinking Ladja wins the durability war here? And after Bounce, Loki and Ladja are both dishing out 2HKO damage per turn.

Heavy:
Roy (FE6) vs. Bubba (LoL2) - Hmm... looks like Roy gets two solid hits in. If either criticals, he wins. Bubba spends his first turn buffing instead of giving Roy a counter then... Bubba just OHKOs too solidly, even with Roy's evasion, I'm thinking. It's close though.

Klein Kiesling (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana) v Wren (Phantasy Star IV) - Wren opens with Positron Bolt and OHKOs Klein? Well, maybe not, Klein has some decent Lightning res, and I think Positron Bolt was electric-typed? If Klein survives, he full-heals, and eventually piles on the defensive alchemy before hitting Wren with some relatively average, but (presumably?) ITD damage from Dirk. Of course, Wren has a lot of HP to slog through, and tons of healing. I think Klein runs out of resources first. Wren also resists fire, so even if you allow Klein the rare/crazy-powered Dragon Gem, he's not OHKOing Wren. Pretty sure that tilts things in Wren's favor.

Marta (ToS2) vs. Billy Lee Black (XG) - Heh, this is really Marta's kind of fight. At best, Billy has a high 3HKO, so Marta just takes her time healing until a Mystic Arte to bust past Billy's own nigh-infinite healing. Marta plays Billy's game, just better. Except the whole Haste thing~

Levail (FE10) vs. Queen Zeal (CT) - Levail gives people free double-hits until he's in Resolve range. Zeal probably uses the doubled Dark Gear to chip him to just over 50% health. MT, so Levail doesn't get to counter. Hexagon Mist also prevents the counter, but won't get doubled since she'll knock him into Resolve range with that. He gets a solid double in with good crit rates, but I think it's a bit shy of finishing Zeal off (Impale shouldn't be an issue since he can't move and it requires him to be in melee range, and Zeal's just pelting him with magic). One more Hexagon Mist seals the deal.

Middle:
Lita Blanchimont (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana) v Tifa Lockhart (Final Fantasy VII) - Lita goes first and might manage to double-attack Tifa and super-dodge her regular attacks, but with 50% starting Limit meter, Tifa only needs to take like 20% mHP damage to get a L1 Limit and Lita just can't handle that. Lita has that 30% chance to dodge anything passive skill, which would ruin Tifa's day, though. Still, Lita's damage sucks and she'll have to knock Tifa into Limit range and dodge it -again- to get a win here. Even if Lita lucked out and her double-turning skill activated when Tifa was in range of being KO'd... it would just knock Tifa into limit range and she'd get her insta-Limit-turn. Just not Lita's fight.

Snow Villiers(Final Fantasy XIII) vs. Rudy Roughnight (Wild Arms) - I think I'm leaning towards a 0 TP average here with Paradigm-shifting as a free action, so Snow is doing basically average physical damage to Rudy, who will in turn tank his shots and probably 2HKO him back? So Snow is probably going for a defensive strategy with Sentinel? Rudy's not exactly the most accurate to begin with, and Sentinel puts Snow's evade in the stupidly good range. So Rudy can try to build up FP for a Lock-On. Rudy's speed is so slow though, that I'm thinking that Snow gets enough doubles in to switch to Commando and whittle Rudy down before Rudy can pull out 4 Locked-On attacks (Sentinel cuts all damage by half innately, it seems).

Viola (Eternal Sonata) v Lyon (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones) - Normal DL Interp: Viola 2HKOs first. Djinn interp: Headshots from afar and immobile FE boss weeps at being unable to deal damage. If I allow him to move, it still doesn't matter as she's insta-doubling him and that 2HKO still holds true.  Fun!

Light:
Fee (Atelier Iris 2: The Azoth of Destiny) v Meru (Legend of Dragoon) - Meru is 1.27x average speed while Fee is 1.24x. Close! Meru gets starting SP to me, so she can 2HKO through any of Fee's Ice Res with BSD. Fee might be able to get a weapon with Fire alignment through crafting, but even hitting Meru's weakness, she has to deal with a Dragoon's innate defenses, so she's dishing out average damage at best. Meru's no tank, but Fee's not OHKOing in time, nor can she stall until Meru's SP/MP runs out. If Fee lasted to turn 3, she'd take it. Against Meru, she could probably even physical->Ein Zechsclaw for a 2HKO, but Meru has the speed advantage. Without starting SP, Meru probably still 2HKOs with her human addition -> transform BSD with better speed, but Fee might have an argument for OHKOing with Ein Zechsclaw and a Fire-aligned weapon.  Also, AI2 PCs can always opt for GUTS HYPE! 60% is first turn! And Fee only needs one more turn to take it! (Leaning no, but felt it was worth mentioning.)

Nakil (Suikoden Tierkreis) v Blastoise (Pokémon) - RBY form is 2HKO'd first thanks to that pesky Electric weakness and Nakil's best damage being Lightning. FRLG form is knocked into Torrent range after the first shot from Nakil, allowing Blastoise to OHKO Nakil. However, Nakil's best damage also has ~90% Paralysis attached, so Blastoise never gets to use that OHKO. EDIT: STk Paralysis doesn't take effect on the turn it lands, so FRLG Blastoise -would- OHKO Nakil if Nakil opens with Binding Bolt. But, I guess Nakil would opt for chip->BB in that case, to get around Torrent.

Filo (Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings) v Viktor (Suikoden Series) - Filo is not a damage master, but with the type advantage and the debuffs, she can hold off the slow Viktor just fine.

White Mage (Final Fantasy Tactics A2) v Guard Scorpion (Final Fantasy VII) - CK couldn't resist trolling.

All of these matches look interesting, so need more research time~

Those were fun matches. Looking forward to the next set!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 01:25:26 AM by DjinnAndTonic »

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 05:46:43 AM »
Bonta-kun (Super Robot Taisen Series) v Xenogears (Xenogears) - Can gear deathblows even be used against human-sized targets (which Bonta-kun is, SS on the SRW size scale = human-sized)?  Regardless my kneejerk is that Prosuke has too much evasion for this one way or another.

They cannot.  However, against a human sized target standard TSX attacks gain new multipliers, such that a T attack is equivelent in damage to an X attack against a gear target.  Fei's accuracy with T attacks is in the ~125% range, for what taht's worth.

Well that's good to know.  While I'm idly curious where Xenogears would fall in terms of the SRW size scale, this isn't changing my kneejerk too much.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 05:48:48 AM »
Bishop Ladja (Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride) v Loki (Valkyrie Profile)
Bounce makes this a good fight, but Ladja isn't quite an offensive powerhouse though his durability is okay.  The fact that he doesn't consistently double-act kills his chances to blitz here.

Middle

Snow Villiers (Final Fantasy XIII) v Rudy Roughknight (Wild ARMs) - This actually sounds like a problem fight for Snow.  I'm pretty harsh on moving turn-based games' characters to averageish speed, since if Rudy was genuinely getting doubled left and right then Sentinel hax would have a good argument.  As is, I don't see the doubles as very common, so this would give Rudy a Fury Shot, which would then be some kind of guessing game about when Snow will stop turtling.  So that leaves blitzing, which I'll have to look at FF13 endgame damage averages for as I'm not done yet.

EDIT: Shiva, right.

Light

Flying > Ground, + Filo can nuke Viktor's defense, + Viktor's offense wasn't very good to begin with.  Slaughter.
Looks like the Guard Scorpion stats didn't make it over from the old forum, or something. :(  Can't find 'em in the FF7 topic.  Anyway, White Mage's healing in the DL is baaad, but so is Guard Scorp's non-provoked damage IIRC, so.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 07:30:33 AM by SnowFire »

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2011, 06:02:57 AM »
*research* Hm.  Xenogears, assuming it's dimensions are the same as Id-Weltall, is about 19.7 of Xenogears' height units, which is equivalent to about .98 meters.  For reference, most gears in general are about 16 to 17 of these height units.  If I remember my SRW rightly, S size is stuff in the under 10 range, M is the 15-25 range, then L starts from 30 meters and up? (SS of course being 2-3 meters and LL being "is stopped mattering man") So it should be an M sized unit.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2011, 06:17:37 AM »
So roughly around what I kneejerked.  A pity for Xenogears then that it falls a bit shy of scoring a 50% hit rate, then.  Don't think it can double in time and I'm not sure how much it matters if it can.  Granted if you allow Boost this match goes the other way (and Xenogears strikes me as being too good for Middle if you do allow boost), but I don't.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 06:19:35 AM by Random Consonant »

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2011, 06:23:15 AM »
Re: Snow Villiers (Final Fantasy XIII) v Rudy Roughknight (Wild ARMs)

Snow can equip Winged Saint and spam Mediguard to reduce damage to 20% and regen 20% mHP/turn.  This takes a bit longer than a normal turn (probably about 75% average speed or so), but Rudy's slow anyway.  To outpace this, you'd have to do OHKO damage (to Snow, who has ~120% PCHP) every time he gets a turn.  I don't think Rudy can manage that.

As for how Snow does offense, either he attacks when he's full on health and then stalls until full again or just waits until he has enough TP to summon Shiva (which is in 225 turns assuming 0 starting TP).

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2011, 07:30:11 AM »
Ohhhhhhhh yeah Shiva wins it for him then.  Yay stall spam.

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2011, 08:34:00 AM »
Edited post for the rest of the matches I can vote on. Particularly interested in other views on the Dorothy/Mewtwo match.

Taishyr

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2011, 10:39:24 AM »
White Mage vs. Guard Scorpion

Yeeeep. Wow. Sad, sad, sad, sad fight.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2011, 12:40:18 PM »
Godlike:
Dorothy (Wizard of Oz) vs. Mewtwo (Pkmn) - FRLG version probably loses? The lower magic durability means that Dorothy can just Sleep->Melt Down->MeltDown->Healing Hand loop him to death before he can buff himself into amazing. If he tries Safeguard, then she Heal-locks him with 3xMelt Down->Healing Hand until she outpaces his healing.

I'll note Dorothy risks getting -herself- outpaced if she goes that way even with FRLG. A single Meltdown is 18 MP to her 140 MP pool - i.e. she's burning 58 MP per turn that way, and if Mewtwo gets a double in-between Dorothy turns where she casted Meltdown, she's dead in her tracks, because Mewtwo has no trouble finishing off a Dorothy at 50% mHP -at best- post-Meltdown. As far as I see, if you're seeing MDef affect Dream Land accuracy, Mewtwo basically has it in the bag regardless, because +2 levels to MDef off Amnesia reduces the accuracy to fffffffffffffffff-level. -That- said, ten million factors into this fight, so I'll have to crunch it out.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2011, 05:30:23 PM »
ells yeah.  The rules are as ever, including closing on Sunday.  In theory.

Godlike

Dorothy (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) v Mewtwo (Pokémon): Unless I'm going insane, Sleep is NOT removed via magic damage. So once Dorothy lands the status she wins, as I don't think Mewtwo can tank the ensuing barrage...
Rorolina Frixell (Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland) v Yuna (Final Fantasy X): Anima -> OHKO
Richter Abend (Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World) v Isolde Schelling (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis): Awesomeness is not a limit of any kind, here.
Bishop Ladja (Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride) v Loki (Valkyrie Profile): Bounce hurts Loki but doesn't destroy him by any means.

Heavy

Roy (Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals) v Bubba (Legaia 2: Duel Saga)
Klein Kiesling (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana) v Wren (Phantasy Star IV): Heal lock until a win.
Marta Lualdi (Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World) v Billy Lee Black (Xenogears): Buff defenses and win from there or an MA or something.
Levail (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) v Queen Zeal (Chrono Trigger): As far as limits go, his is better.

Middle

Bonta-kun (Super Robot Taisen Series) v Xenogears (Xenogears)
Lita Blanchimont (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana) v Tifa Lockhart (Final Fantasy VII): Lita's damage sucks what? Oh, Spirit Blast silliness. Anywho, pseudo-healing and damage and speed and initiative/evade pull this in for her.
Snow Villiers (Final Fantasy XIII) v Rudy Roughknight (Wild ARMs): See Tal, I guess. Though wasn't some of Rudy's stuff ITD?
Viola (Eternal Sonata) v Lyon (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones): Just barrreeeely survive one shot from Lyon. Double -> Death.

Light

Fee (Atelier Iris 2: The Azoth of Destiny) v Meru (Legend of Dragoon): Meru goes first and transforms, but 1.5x Dragoon attacks don't kill. And when she comes out Fee introduces her to pain and death in the form of a physical onslaught. Break -> Ein Zecksclaw or something.
Nakil (Suikoden Tierkreis) v Blastoise (Pokémon)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 12:25:51 AM by Pyro »

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2011, 05:48:33 PM »
Argh, post eaten. Short forms! Let me know if this is too little, I'll edit.

Dorothy - I vote on RBY and I don't think I see buffs affecting status resistance, even though I do see the base MDef stat doing so, and Dream Land is apparently hax.

Roy - Bubba is notably below PCHP seeing as I was able to kill him in 2 turns without heavy twinking, and Roy has a high 3HKO. If you give him equal levels he even tanks a Bubba turn, so this isn't too close.

Zeal - Very good fight, not sure who goes last (<_<) but even if it's Zeal and she doesn't double at any point, I bet she can find a way to 2HKO that doesn't drop Levail below half HP first because Levail's mdur is epic failure (decent pdur though!).

Nakil - Is in the wrong division. 90% paralysis off above average speed? Um. Even if that's blocked he still has full healing, above average damage, and can buff to a solid 2HKO. Bad HP doesn't offset all this. For extra insult here, hits weakness on Blastoise so Alert -> OHKO. EDIT: Wait, STi paralysis wasn't uber, right. So he -may- be in the right division after all. But yeah, rest of the comments apply.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2011, 11:08:26 PM »
Godlike

Dorothy (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) v Mewtwo (Pokémon) - Dorothy.  Clicks her ruby slippers, destroys world.
Rorolina Frixell (Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland) v Yuna (Final Fantasy X) - DAMN YOU ATELIER RORONA
Richter Abend (Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World) v Isolde Schelling (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis) - Isolde
Bishop Ladja (Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride) v Loki (Valkyrie Profile) - Can't vote; don't know Ladja, didn't play the remake

Heavy

Roy (Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals) v Bubba (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) - Bubba.  
Klein Kiesling (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana) v Wren (Phantasy Star IV) - Klein
Marta Lualdi (Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World) v Billy Lee Black (Xenogears) - Marta
Levail (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) v Queen Zeal (Chrono Trigger) - Zeal...don't think Levail's status-immune

Middle

Bonta-kun (Super Robot Taisen Series) v Xenogears (Xenogears) - Hells if I remember Bonta-Kun enough.  
Lita Blanchimont (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana) v Tifa Lockhart (Final Fantasy VII) - Tifa.  Limit, kill.  
Snow Villiers (Final Fantasy XIII) v Rudy Roughknight (Wild ARMs) - Snowwwwwwwwww
Viola (Eternal Sonata) v Lyon (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones) - Viola.  Yeah, I'll go with range kill here.

Light

Fee (Atelier Iris 2: The Azoth of Destiny) v Meru (Legend of Dragoon) - Still need to finish AI2
Nakil (Suikoden Tierkreis) v Blastoise (Pokémon) - And Suikoden Tierkreis
Filo (Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings) v Viktor (Suikoden Series) - AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
White Mage (Final Fantasy Tactics A2) v Guard Scorpion (Final Fantasy VII) - Guard Scorpion.  Way more durable.  
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2011, 11:37:54 PM »
Roy - Bubba is notably below PCHP seeing as I was able to kill him in 2 turns without heavy twinking, and Roy has a high 3HKO. If you give him equal levels he even tanks a Bubba turn, so this isn't too close.

Holding Mystic Arts against all Legaia 2 bosses seems wrong to me. Most of the game isn't balanced for them, and it also requires going into battle at <50% mHP. Seems like FAQ-bait. I remember Bubba being quite a pain to take down because after my opening Variable Art, he started one-shotting everyone, making it take about 3x more turns to build up AP before I could do anymore decent damage. I may have been underleveled, though? I remember Lang, at least, didn't have enough art slots to do a MA.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 05:41:03 AM by DjinnAndTonic »

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2011, 12:18:33 AM »
Fee (Atelier Iris 2: The Azoth of Destiny) v Meru (Legend of Dragoon) - Meru is 1.27x average speed while Fee is 1.24x. Close! Meru gets starting SP to me, so she can 2HKO through any of Fee's Ice Res with BSD. Fee might be able to get a weapon with Fire alignment through crafting, but even hitting Meru's weakness, she has to deal with a Dragoon's innate defenses, so she's dishing out average damage at best. Meru's no tank, but Fee's not OHKOing in time, nor can she stall until Meru's SP/MP runs out. If Fee lasted to turn 3, she'd take it. Against Meru, she could probably even physical->Ein Zechsclaw for a 2HKO, but Meru has the speed advantage. Without starting SP, Meru probably still 2HKOs with her human addition -> transform BSD with better speed, but Fee might have an argument for OHKOing with Ein Zechsclaw and a Fire-aligned weapon.  Also, AI2 PCs can always opt for GUTS HYPE! 60% is first turn! And Fee only needs one more turn to take it! (Leaning no, but felt it was worth mentioning.)

Bishop Ladja (DQ5) vs. Loki (VP1) - Just going by the stat topic, I'd peg average damage/turn against Loki as ~123000. He's got 400000 HP. Ladja is looking at 480 damage/turn with his 3800 HP. Thinking Ladja wins the durability war here? And after Bounce, Loki and Ladja are both dishing out 2HKO damage per turn. I haven't played DQ5, am I missing something here? Or are people just a lot more lenient to Loki durability? (the fact that he can MT OHKO most of your party so anyone who doesn't Guts through it needs to be healed might be worth considering, so I can understand that, though)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 01:24:38 AM by DjinnAndTonic »

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2011, 01:46:22 AM »
Lita Blanchimont (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana) v Tifa Lockhart (Final Fantasy VII): Lita's damage sucks what? Oh, Spirit Blast silliness. Anywho, pseudo-healing and damage and speed and initiative/evade pull this in for her.

What's the deal with Delsus' Spirit Blast?
Also... Lita has pseudo-healing?

AI1 Stat topic needs to be cleaned up.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2011, 07:27:53 AM »
Er, I didn't use any Mystic Arts (definitely don't hold them against bosses, have fun getting those without FAQs!) or variant arts against Bubba, and he still died in 2 turns. <_< 45k HP at that point is pretty terrible. You could argue I was slightly overlevelled but I shouldn't be by much since I was really quite twinking-light in that game, to the point where both bosses two dungeons later gave me a fair bit of trouble.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2011, 09:33:47 AM »
Yeah, Bubba definitely isn't a Heavy (Although I certainly thought he was way back when standards were different! Eliot with the fast damage and status is. Bubba is the sluggishness and wasting a turn...not so much).
...into the nightfall.

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2011, 09:59:24 AM »
I dunno, I still kneejerk him as more durable than 2HKO'd for when I fought him, but it's possible I was underlevelled? I felt that most of the LoL2 bosses were pretty impressively durable and well-balanced.

Taishyr

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2011, 11:07:20 AM »
Yeaaah while I can't speak on the match itself Bubba was durable to me, too. Not quite sure where the discrepancy lies.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2011, 12:23:20 PM »
Legaia 2 being insanely knowledge-dependant in general does that kind of variation - it's worth noting that even those two-PC arts (of which the game hands you a couple by default) should be able to 3-4HKO Bubba off the awesome 45k HP. I certainly remember him being near one-rounded, but I, unlike Elfboy, played the twinking game with reckless abandon there, and I FAQed for knowledge on all Arts commands (even knowing how to string together the right Arts/Super Arts for maximum AP building/damage ratio makes a -huge- difference, and Lang and Sharon alone are amazingly apt at optimizing the balance there), for all that I don't hold Mystic Arts against the bosses myself (lolololol 0.5x PC HP Avalon counting both forms).
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 12:25:12 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....