Register

Author Topic: Season 41, Week 3  (Read 13695 times)

Ultradude

• White Void, Cold Steel, OUCH FUCKING VAMPIRES
  • Denizen
  • I AM THE etc.etc.etc.
    • View Profile
Re: Season 41, Week 3
« Reply #100 on: March 14, 2008, 03:46:34 PM »
Mithos is also the guy who teleports out of any combo that doesn't instantly stun him, granted. And he can actually take a hit and keep on doing whatever it is he was doing, it's part of what makes him not fail completely. The giant mech form staggers more often for some stupid reason >_>

In ToS, all of your mages can get Compound EX skills that prevent them from getting knocked out of casting their spells. Of course, you tend not to use it for Colette since controlling her is more a case of spamming her techs like Para Ball and Ray Satellite, but if you do the arena with Raine and Genis you will almost certainly need to use it in order to win. Unless you've got some crazy strategy involving physicals and only using wimpy level 1 spells, and even then a lot of enemies there will run up on you while you're casting.

I think you could safely assume that they'd always use this in a 1-on-1 environment, so you could give it to them without the effects of the EX Skills that add up to it. Generally, even high level magic will get fired off after a full combo is done hitting them, so they're still looking a little slow, but not enough to totally cripple them. Now granted, any spell cast-time stuff I'm remembering might have been skewed by EX Skills and Mystic Symbols, but I'm pretty certain that even Indignation won't be giving the opponent time for two whole combos. Enemy AI tends to never ever actually dodge even the most blatantly obvious spells, though I'd certainly put stuff like Indignation as being easily evadable by those who have decent ability for evading magic, and probably missing anyone else not the size of Evil Gaia on occasion. Most people who don't die in three shots of it are bosses, magic tanks that are built for fighting mages like Genis, or Lightning-resistant, in which case he just uses Meteor Storm (unevadable!) at the cost of more speed, or his third best damage which was Explosion if he's T side for Indignation, Prism Sword on S Side.
"Turning into bats? Laughable!" says sparkly telepathic Volvo-driving vampire who spent century in high school.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #101 on: March 14, 2008, 09:43:09 PM »
Godlike:

Ted (S4) vs Jade (BoF1) - Jade, immune to ID and doesn't die to Ted's physicals.
Kratos Aurion (ToS) vs Yuna (FFX) - Yuna. This was a hard choice. As much as I want to support Kratos, I allow the first five Aeons. Note that due to the Boss Sheena precedent, I'll allow Kratos to run around the Aeon and attack Yuna directly. However, the Aeon damage racks up on Kratos faster than Kratos can finish off Yuna, especially with her evade.
Jenna Angel (DDS) vs Wren (PS4) - Jenna.
Ellen Kirshima (Pers) vs Yuri Volte Hyuga (SHs) - Yuri

Heavy:

Claus F. Lester (ToP) vs Gades (Lufias) - Claus, feeling summon damage respect today.
Nina Wyndia (BoF2) vs Yuber (S3) - Nina has ID, PC Yuber doesn't resist.
Surt (VP1) vs Vulcanus (Disgaea) - Vulcanus
Demi (PS4) vs Kharg (AtL4) - Demi

Middle:

Peter (SF2) vs Karin Koenig (SH2) - Peter slaughters nicely here.
Bright (S3) vs Lute (FE8) - Going to go with Bright here, don't see Lute's evade as that amazing.
Guy (Lufia 2) vs Sara (BoF1) - Hmm... not sure.
Canas (FE7) vs Nino (FE7) - Nino

Light:

Mia Ausa (Lunar:SSSC) vs Gepetto (SH2) - Mia does enough damage to end this quickly.
Ricardo Gomez (SH3) vs Frank Goldfinger (SH3) - Ricardo
Lowen (FE7) vs Spar (BoF2) - Lowen. Spar fails.
Lani (FF9) vs Cyan Garamonde (FF6) - Lani destroys this pretty nicely.

=Djinn

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 14, 2008, 11:11:13 PM »
Just for the record Djinn, Ted doesn't have any ID >_>  Soul Eater got parasitic healing instead of ID in S4
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.