Register

Author Topic: Rank the characters - Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn and Soul Nomad  (Read 7763 times)

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
Rank the characters - Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn and Soul Nomad
« on: February 04, 2011, 07:10:15 AM »
Well, this is it. Time to rank the DL's newest entrants Light, Middle, Heavy, or Godlike. See previous topics for details; ask any questions if needed.

Feel free to assign DNR (Do Not Rank) if you don't think someone should be ranked from a particular game.

Voting closes on Thursday, February 10, at the same time that the DL itself does (9:00 Pacific).

There are spoilers in this topic. Like every other ranking topic. We don't use codenames here.

Ranking values:

Godlike = 5.0
Low Godlike = 4.75
Heavy/Godlike = 4.5
High Heavy = 4.25
Heavy = 4.0
Middle/Heavy (or Low Heavy) = 3.75
High Middle = 3.5
Middle = 3.25
Light/Middle (or Low Middle) = 3.0
High Light = 2.75
Light = 2.5
Low Light = 2.0
Puny/Light = 1.5
Puny = 1.0

First of all, a preamble, for FE players only, concerning the labelling of what game each character is from. Kieran, Marcia, and Oliver have clearly legal forms in both games and I don't think anyone would disagree. However, there are three characters who have appearances in FE9 which are at least arguably legal: Elincia, Sothe, and Zelgius. So, majority rules: are these duellers to be considered FEs, or FE10? Please vote, majority wins. Feel free to assign separate votes to separate characters.

FEs or FE10? Choose one:
-Elincia
-Sothe
-Zelgius

Okay, that's out of the way, now what you came here to do!

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (and series)

Please not that characters marked as "FEs" can be ranked by non-Radiant Dawn players if they have played Path of Radiance. Same with those marked "FEs?" depending on the results of the aforementioned vote.

Ashera
Caineghis
Elincia Riddell Crimea (FEs?)
Kieran (FEs)
Lekain
Marcia (FEs)
Micaiah
Nailah
Oliver (FEs)
Sanaki Kirsch Altina
Sephiran
Sothe (FEs?)
Zelgius (FEs?)

Soul Nomad and the World Eaters

Danette
Grunzford
Juno
Layna
Odie
Tricia
Vitali

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
Re: Rank the characters - Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn and Soul Nomad
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 07:34:24 AM »
Danette- 3.85. Speed+60%+Ranged 50% Counters to eat the Short Ranged+Several Evil Buffs. Not great against magic, although still 2HKO a lot. She can try Axle Heart+counter if she can take a hit, but some Middle mages can grab her. Low Heavy Works for her.
Grunzford- 3.95. Loooow Heavy. 90% Damage+Absurb HP. He can actually deal with some Middle mages with the Counter Hit 1+Heal+Live Another Turn and Manage to 2HKO. Poor mage durability+His Damage being so absurd that despite bad typing against mages it still being averagish does it+Having absurd HP so that 60% Healing is actually near full healing
Juno- 3.9. Another Low Heavy. Similar damage/range breakdown to Danette. Extreme improvement against magic if generally worse all around otherwise. Nereid's have fantastic typing.
Layna- 4.6. 3x average durability with all factors and 85% damage off 111% Speed. Oh yeah, Enliven and eventual smashing. Biggest flaw is the fatal status, which holds her down even if she landed in Heavy, but as a slugfester, she tends to destroy.
Odie- 3.95. Damage! And it only gets more psychotic as time goes on. Greeeeat DL typing...minus the busted by typical healers...although given the absurdity of his damage, he may bust through them. Thunder res hurts...but against meleers with it, Poison+Counters (if non-nulling)+25% MHP damage help. Actually making good use of Pain Rune! Best of the Heavies is my gut.
Tricia- 2.95. A few fairly nasty melee weaknesses make me think that she's not really good enough for Middle, although....really borderline
Vitali- 2.8. Unlike Tricia, clear Light, although a very good one still. Semi tanking game!
...into the nightfall.

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 10:46:49 AM »
Connection randomly whoring out, so posting shortly with just the FE stuff.

Zelgius, Elincia, and Sothe should be ranked as FEs.  It really does not strike me as fair to say that they shouldn't be ranked/voted on by people who played forms of theirs that are perfectly viable in FE9 (Zelgius you can argue, although he's perfectly scalable).  I don't think it changes their rank much either - Sothe is still Light-ish to most (disclaimer: my ranking views are ignored for this discussion), Zelgius is still in the Heavy/Godlike range, and Elincia...does change a little bit more, but is still a decent Light or decent Middle to most, based on form?  Still feels completely wrong to say someone can't vote on a character with a legal form in a game they've played just because it's not the one we entered them as on the list.  If FE9 Elincia were an NPC, then that would be a more compelling reason - as is, I can't see a good reason.
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

OblivionKnight

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 12:23:15 PM »

Ashera - 5.0000000000000 - Pretty simple.  Average damage of 28 to Aura HP of 90 means they take forever to kill, and then slowly kill...uh...you >_>  Then there's the regeneration on them...which is more than average damage.  Backed up by damage of multiple varieties and awesome silence (30% is really low from what I remember...it should be very similar to Lekain's, though probably worse based on her MAG score?  I remember half my force getting hit by it when they weren't on RES+10 panels), she's tough to kill.  

Caineghis - 4.59887761123131376551 - Weak to fire!?  Fail.  I guess immunity to criticals pushes him up enough to correct for that.  But man, clearly a Light with that fire weakness otherwise.

Elincia Riddell Crimea - 2.3317977899981761 - Thanks the almighty Yune for that FE9 form.   FE10 form with Stun, stronger Amiti, regeneration...all that cool stuff dies because of her unique skill, Mercy ;_; Waiting for other FE10 form comments >_>

Kieran - 3.7466657780979766111 - also BOOT OSCAR.  Anyway, REGENERATION and awesome overall stats kicks ass.  

Lekain - 3.7511167671575999800001 - Silence works, and the damage is nice-ish.  Still not as good a ranking as Hetzel ;_;

Marcia - 3.331000977716181 - Decent.  

Micaiah - 3.749987668151718 - Awesome speed and defenses, though hates her caps.  Awesome durability with Nosferatu is awesome, although hates how her MAG isn't as good as most mages.  Still, Nosferatu counters work nicely.  Also regeneration to help with the draining.

Nailah - 4.59887761123131376551 - Weak to fire!?  Fail.  I guess Glare helps, but seriously we ranked 2 people that get pwned by cheap fire magic?  Fail!!!!!

Oliver - 3.29899799977776541 - Not as good defensively as Micaiah, but still has Nosferatu.

Sanaki Kirsch Altina - 3.5987776110000000000000000001 - BURN TRAITOR~

Sephiran - 4.69887761123131376551 - One-Winged Angel hype~  Although if you take him against Micaiah and Sanaki only...he's like a 0.000000001 Light >_>  Still, regenerating more than average damage is awesome.

Sothe - 3.5555009998111111 - Hey...uh...decent enough.

Zelgius - 4.78897651161181111000001 - Regeneration (about 70% average damage) and solid defenses with brutal overkill is nice (FE10).  Probably overestimated a bit against someone with evasion or defenses, but...eh.  Still solidly awesome.  FE9 form auto-loses after 6 actions, but is nearly unkillable.  Both forms are Godlike of different veins.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 11:56:08 AM by OblivionKnight »

OblivionKnight

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 12:31:29 PM »

Danette - 3.750000000000000000002 - Fast, good damage, neat boosts.  Really borderline-ish to me.

Grunzford - 3.8111100119191 - Less borderline-ish!  Healing + everything else helps!

Juno - 3.76111111101918187 - A bit less borderline-ish!  Healing helps!

Layna - 4.377789898117171 - Good, but not a boss, so can't really compete in Godlike.

Odie - 3.98888871611 - Damnit why do I keep agreeing with Dhyer?  Oh!  I don't view his attacks as elementally-aligned (since they...aren't in-game...kind of), so that...helps!  A bit?

Tricia - 3.221120101981 - Archer!  Bowgirl!

Vitali - 2.58898112121 - Healer...who doesn't heal as much!  Cool.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 02:44:35 PM by OblivionKnight »

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 02:27:44 PM »
You can only have up to three sig figs, OK.

Re: FE- Only Zel gets ranked as FE10, rest are FEs. Everyone else has a shitty (if legal) form in the previous game.

Caineghis- Godlike
Elincia Riddell Crimea (FEs?)- Middle/Heavy
Kieran (FEs)- High Middle. He's got good speed and strength, but he's still an FE Pally in the DL.
Lekain- Light. Spoils mages, but that's it. Fears anything more serious than a Cristo level physical.
Marcia (FEs)-High Middle. FE Falcon Knight. We know the story there.
Micaiah- High Light. I don't give her Nos,and I'm not sure she avoids being doubled by average regardless.
Nailah- Low Godlike.
Oliver (FEs)- Low Light- See Micaiah but gets doubled by everything.
Sanaki Kirsch Altina- Low light. Look at that speed/defense combo, and wince.
Sephiran- Middle/Heavy.
Sothe- Middle. Does not really translate to the DL, sadly.
Zelgius (FEs?)- Heavy/Godlike

Danette- High Middle- she's worked over too much by mages.
Grunzford- Low Heavy
Juno- Middle/Heavy. She's got good stats and some healing.
Layna- Low godlike
Odie- Low Heavy. Brutal damage, but he loathes thunder defense and healers. 0
Tricia- Light. Reminds me of Saradin. She can handle mages pretty easily, but even a semi competent fighter will tear her a new one.
Vitali- Light. Slower than average+dislikes fighters does not work in light.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 03:12:19 PM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

OblivionKnight

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 03:01:55 PM »
Quote from: superaielman
You can only have up to three sig figs, OK.

Doesn't say that anywhere!  Besides, I used over 20 when calculating those ranks at a minimum, so that many is appropriate for accurate reporting!

Quote from: superaielman
Micaiah- High Light. I don't give her the Dark Books, and I'm not sure she avoids being doubled by average regardless.

Micaiah can't use dark magic, so not allowing them shouldn't change her ranking at all.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2011, 03:11:40 PM »
Nos, excuse me. I keep thinking it's a dark book ala FE7
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2011, 06:40:50 PM »
Zelgius as FE10, abstain on the labels for Elincia and Sothe.

Ashera: 4.9. Hm. Rewards good MT, which I always like. Unlike the other endgame bosses I do scale dragon boosts against her defences, punishment for her lack of support outside the auras, which keeps the high-res auras from having 1.5 PCHP and leaves them a little under PCHP (the high-def auras have like half PCHP to magic, and ITD just carves them a new one, of course). So even most duellers with MT (unless it's uber like Megid) still need two shots, though by no means all. Her own turns aren't that uber-scary (lowish 2HKO to either defence, or 30% silence!) so good healers or really tanky bosses can take her out with ST too (she's not close to auto-win like Belial).
Caineghis: 4.7. Man, that pdur is good stuff, even if not as good to me as it is to the stat topic. He can be stopped from being doubled, though, and isn't as anti-status as the other FE10 royals.
Elincia Riddell Crimea (FEs?): 4.5. Equal exp should make her better than the stat topic currently suggests. I'll assume it doesn't get her to doubling average, though. EDIT: I was wrong. So yeah, she's a chibi royal, or perhaps an improved Tana, with bad concrete durability but coinflip evade and OH GOD WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT DAMAGE.
Kieran (FEs): 3.1. Not a great Middle but can still manage.
Lekain: 3.0. I was thinking he was Middle but the pdur may be too bad to take advantage of silence often. Still outslugs way too many Lights due to counters and nearly 2HKOing average. Others can decide his division.
Marcia (FEs): 3.6. Doubles average, some okay durability, etc.
Micaiah: 3.5. Yeah, this is one of those plot claims I definitely buy. Not only is it very explicit, but you get two tomes and who else is going to use them, really?
Nailah: 4.7. Same ranking as Cain works. Isn't a death tank but has loads of evade/better res, has less damage at base but harder to stop from doubling. Balances out.
Oliver (FEs): 2.7. Surprisingly better than I expected. Definitely not Low Light.
Sanaki Kirsch Altina: 2.8. Well, she hits pretty hard at least, so if you use ST and don't OHKO or double her you're in trouble. Neither is nearly as easy to do so as you might think. She'd be the trash Light Super kneejerks her as if she didn't get that Rudol Gem, so her def is actually pretty okay (HP does suck, though).
Sephiran: 4.5. Durability works out to pretty close to PCish, ITD makes him explode. Trigger a counter and don't block Light and he's going to beat you for certain, which is pretty cool, and stallers fail utterly against him due to the regen not to mention the threat of crit and Corona. He has his spoilers, but still dangerous in the division. EDIT: Sure, borderline works due to the regen probably stealing more fights than I was kneejerking. Doubles and such do exist, but yeah.
Sothe (FEs?): 2.8. I think he can do damage in Light, but still Light. Rennac with worse damage (*sobs*) but better speed and ranged counters.
Zelgius (FEs?): Man I'm never sure how to take him. Think just treating the temp as an endgame PC works better for me than a the solo boss, which probably ends up around the same place anyway. Anyways, great pdur, decent mdur, some nice regen, and a kickass mastery. He doesn't double average but he does have 1-2 range. 4.5 works, others can decide his division.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 06:31:26 AM by Dark Holy Elf »

Maybe.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2011, 07:39:34 PM »
FE10 for all.

Ashera- Godlike.
Caineghis- Godlike.
Elincia Riddell Crimea - Heavy
Kieran (FEs)- Middle
Lekain- Light?
Marcia (FEs)- Heavy
Micaiah- Middle
Nailah- Godlike
Oliver (FEs)- Light
Sanaki Kirsch Altina- Light
Sephiran - Godlike?
Sothe - High Light?
Zelgius - High Heavy

Soul Nomad (stolen from the Tallychu)

Danette - Middle.  Kind of crappy durability and barely above average damage but the buffs and speed are solid.
Grunzford - High Middle.  Slow, but solid durability, good damage, a good ATK buff, and OPB healing to try and stall for a special.  Runs screaming from mages though.
Juno - Light/Middle.  Danette but slower and worse buffs I think...  Better durability but also doesn't like fire.
Layna - Heavy.  Solid 2HKO with decent speed and some nice buffs.
Odie - Middle.  Good damage but fail durability.
Tricia - Light.  :(
Vitali - Light.  :(
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 03:58:36 PM by Ciato »
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2011, 08:08:55 PM »
Just a note, for FE 10, are there not some people who should be up for reranking?
...into the nightfall.

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2011, 08:15:34 PM »
Feels a bit too late to be bringing that up; the previous topic was really the place, or IRC chat. I hadn't heard any demand for this so it didn't even cross my mind. Well, for what it's worth, I think only two people are affected enough to possibly jump divisions (Jill and Mia) and even then it's not a large shfit.

Maybe.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2011, 11:35:05 PM »
FEs or FE10? Choose one:
-Elincia
-Sothe
-Zelgius
* FE10 For all. Sothe and Elincia's FE9 forms are so different that I'd rather people not vote on them in the divisions they are going to end up in if they vote on the FE9 forms.

Okay, that's out of the way, now what you came here to do!

Please not that characters marked as "FEs" can be ranked by non-Radiant Dawn players if they have played Path of Radiance. Same with those marked "FEs?" depending on the results of the aforementioned vote.

Ashera: Godlike. To be honest the hype I am expecting for her is likely going to frustrate me, but she IS a good fighter.
Caineghis: Godlike. Um. Smash. Yeah.
Elincia Riddell Crimea (FEs?): Heavy. Her durability leaves (much) to be desired, but her magic defense should discourage status and if she can take a hit she has a good chance of retaliating harshly.
Kieran (FEs): Middle? Is pretty generic.
Lekain: Light. No respect for his ability to take a hit.
Marcia (FEs): Middle/Heavy. Doubles and Stun.
Micaiah: Middle. Nosferatu and not being doubled make the difference.
Nailah: Godlike. Laguz Royal, yeah.
Oliver (FEs): Light/Middle? Meh.
Sanaki Kirsch Altina: Light. Can't take a physical hit.
Sephiran: Heavy/Godlike. Again the hype here is likely to frustrate me, but he is a good fighter.
Sothe (FEs?): Middle? Doubles is worth something right?
Zelgius (FEs?): I'm not sure what to think of him given duel boss with defense panel setups guarenteed to cut into his damage but Eclipse is INDISPUTABLY BADASS so.

Danette: Low Heavy
Grunzford: Low Heavy
Juno: Low HEavy
Layna: Low Godlike
Odie: Low Heavy
Tricia: Low Middle
Vitali: Light

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2011, 12:13:43 AM »

For now, counting generics, like I do with OB.

Danette - 4.0 Heavy. Speedy, spammable 2HKO that is also melee counter-friendly and overkill damage if someone is crazy enough to let her get three attack turns along with a pretty nasty speed buff? Um wow this is actually a nasty little package for a slugger. The mdur and matches against mages are pure horror and the evade actually isn't as awesome as I thought, although still solid (dodges turn two and she can buff that evade), but she's surprisingly anti-physical and brutally anti-melee with the solid pdur+2HKO counters+decent evade combo. I think I'm actually overrating her a bit, but she's very awesome against fighters, dangerous against many healers (like any Soul Nomad 2HKOer should) and she's not lost against mages who miss a OHKO. Those don't come up that often, though...
Grunzford - 4.0 Heavy. 2.4x~ PC HP against physicals, counters. 90% PC HP bitchslaps. Too bad about the accuracy, though, and the speed could be better. He can force his foes into entering his frightening counter game, on the other hand, and he can last a little while longer and buff his way into easy, murderous OHKOs. Not a bad package, and he's notably less fucked against mages than Danette - helps that he OHKOs a lot of them.
Juno - 4.2 Heavy. Hey it's Danette trading the speed game for a lot of magic durability, minor healing and a decently covering buff, and she's accurate instead of slightly inaccurate and ends up on the right side of the averages anyway. Certainly impresses me as a slugger and those tricks certainly should give her a better push. Like Danette, she can punish a lot of healers rather brutally.
Layna - 4.9 Godlike. Holy shit those durability numbers are near T260G-like, and she's both fast and evasive and slugs like a champ - the buffing game is hardly bad either. Not fond of status at all, and she's physically wallable... but fail to wall her straight slugfesting -or- her buffing shenanigans and you're in deep. Insanity.
Odie - 4.0 Heavy. Being slow sucks! Being frail sucks! Or would if he didn't have owowowowowowow counters and a typing that spoils a huge amount of fighters anyway. Odie's offensive game is really scary, and you need pretty badass thunder res to not be afraid of the offense adding it up decisively. Inaccuracy hurts, but magical evade comes up less often, at least. Heh.
Tricia - 3.1 Middle. Oddly anti-mage and her counters are comprehensive, but the stats are otherwise not great and her buff is pretty trivial - not to mention she starts weeping like a lily once she hits them fighters. She does get to OHKO things if -someone- is crazy enough to let her live three turns, so she's going to be pretty good against Light healers and even some low-end Middle ones. Yeah, Middle works for me.
Vitali - 2.9 Light. Oh hey he 4HKOs! So not all that bad, and the typing is so hilariously anti-magic along with the godly mdef. Accuracy and speed are problems, but he can play a pretty fun stalling game if he gets to turn four or something, which the buffing and OPB healing certainly help with. God -help- him against other healers and physical fighters worth their salt, though.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2011, 12:50:39 AM »
"FE10" for Sothe, Elincia, and Zelgius.
"FEs" for Kieran, Marcia, and Oliver.

Elincia Riddell Crimea - Middle
Kieran - High Middle
Marcia - Middle
Oliver - Light
Zelgius - High Heavy
Abstain on the rest.

Again, I'm mostly going by personal recollection for these. The first person who calls me "uninformed" for that gets a nice hearty "Go fuck yourself."

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2011, 02:19:51 AM »
FEs or FE10? Choose one:
-Elincia - FEs
-Sothe - FEs
-Zelgius - FEs

If people want to vote on FE9 forms that's their right.  Not like I've ever allowed only the "ranked" forms.

Ashera - Godlike.  Not much needs to be said, really.
Caineghis - Godlike.  Tank of doom, averages overkill damage, etc.
Elincia Riddell Crimea (FEs?) - Heavy.  Stun is 44% chance per turn, which is pretty good considering how good it is.No
Kieran (FEs) - Low Middle?  Kind of averagish and has kinda bad accuracy...
Lekain - Middle.  I give support credit but it gets reamed by MT users.
Marcia (FEs) - Heavy.  Elincia trading accuracy for speed.  Guess Elincia has staff hax and regen but I'm thinking they're nearly the same.
Micaiah - Middle.  Hmm... I think Nos gets her this high at least.
Nailah - Godlike.  Not as good as Caineghis but whatever.
Oliver (FEs) - High Light.  Nos is good but Oliver sucks so this seems right.
Sanaki Kirsch Altina - Light.  :(
Sephiran - Godlike - See Lekain except much better damage and it's MT.  Good healers will probably mock him though.
Sothe (FEs?) - High Light.  Got some evade and doubles.  Bane's a cute trick to spoil healers too.
Zelgius (FEs?) - Low Godlike  I take him against the terrain I think but Eclipse is still ridiculous.

Danette - Middle.  Kind of crappy durability and barely above average damage but the buffs and speed are solid.
Grunzford - High Middle.  Slow, but solid durability, good damage, a good ATK buff, and OPB healing to try and stall for a special.  Runs screaming from mages though.
Juno - Light/Middle.  Danette but slower and worse buffs I think...  Better durability but also doesn't like fire.
Layna - Heavy.  Solid 2HKO with decent speed and some nice buffs.
Odie - Middle.  Good damage but fail durability.
Tricia - Light.  :(
Vitali - Light.  :(
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 07:50:53 PM by Talaysen »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2011, 02:27:54 AM »
I have to note Juno is almost strictly better than Danette outside the speed difference, which isn't huge. She has about the same damage but better durability across the board, can stall a bit with the limited healing and also handles mages well instead of poorly.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 02:32:38 AM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2011, 02:43:58 AM »
Re: FE- Only Zel gets ranked as FE10, rest are FEs. Everyone else has a shitty (if legal) form in the previous game.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2011, 07:16:56 AM »
I have to note Juno is almost strictly better than Danette outside the speed difference, which isn't huge. She has about the same damage but better durability across the board, can stall a bit with the limited healing and also handles mages well instead of poorly.

Well Danette has that speed buff which seemed pretty big (especially since it gets that limit coming along quicker) and also some evade.  Kneejerked that a winning trade but I might have to look again.  Healing is probably more useful than I thought now that I think about it more.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2011, 07:30:40 AM »
-Elincia - FEs
-Sothe - FEs
-Zelgius - FE10
Everyone else from FE9: FEs

Ashera - 4.9 - Really fun Godlike. I think the barriers are fairly easy to KO with good MT, but it's a good buffer while she's adding her own 2HKO damage.
Caineghis - 4.5 - Definitely godlike, but status-vulnerable and fire weakness keep him from being too awesome.
Elincia Riddell Crimea (FEs?) - 3.4 - No doubling or long-range keeps her out of Heavy to me. She might even have some use for her FE9 form in Middle~
Kieran (FEs) - 3.2 - Yawn.
Lekain - 2.5 - Are FE bosses innately status-immune? If he is, then this is will be better, but otherwise, he's kinda bad.
Marcia (FEs) - 3.6 - Doubles and Stun and long-range options... yeah, she's better than the Princess unless we're giving Eli some kind of leader bonus?
Micaiah - 3.1 - Just... solidly Middle.
Nailah - 4.6 - Kinda like Cain, but... Glare hype!
Oliver (FEs) - 2.8 - Maybe his Boss form is better?!
Sanaki Kirsch Altina - 2.3 - Not the worst Light ever, but probably the worst in this ranking period?
Sephiran - 4.8 - The healing is just dirty. Like VH Ash, only passive and has counters~? Also, status-immune FE boss.
Sothe (FEs?) - 2.6 - Light. Maybe I'll give him stealing hype?
Zelgius (FEs?) - Abstain. Not sure at all. I need to see him in a match and actually decide how I view him.

Danette - 3.3 - Speedy and counters! ...but the durability and bad typing just sinks her.
Grunzford - 3.75 - Low Heavy. The durability is awesome, but slowness in a quick-draw division like Heavy isn't good. Still, probably too much for Middle.
Juno - 3.4 - A better Danette! Slightly better typing, but fire weakness and less speed. One shot of healing is good.
Layna - 4.6 - Hey, at least we got one of the 6 rankable World Eaters ranked! Man, I was going to be sad if we ranked Soul Nomad and the World Eaters and didn't rank any World Eaters... >.>;;
Odie - 3.85 - Solid Heavy with good ways to defend against the three main types. Thunder Res or Magic immunity makes him cry, but...
Tricia - 2.6 - Wow, that typing sucks. Good speed! And at least she has a game against healers!
Vitali - 2.0 - Well, at least Sanaki is better than someone. Vitali's pretty bad, but he can spoil some mages!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 11:25:14 PM by DjinnAndTonic »

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2011, 07:59:55 AM »
Rank everyone as FE10.  Zelgius because he's not rankable in FE9, Elincia because it avoids a vote split, Sothe because seriously nobody would recognize him as the FE9 character anyway.

Ashera- 5.00
Caineghis- 4.7
Elincia Riddell Crimea (FEs?)- 3.9
Kieran (FEs)- 3.2
Lekain- 2.9
Marcia (FEs)- 4.0
Micaiah- 2.7
Nailah- 4.6
Oliver (FEs)- 2.4
Sanaki Kirsch Altina- 2.5
Sephiran- 4.4
Sothe (FEs?)- 2.9
Zelgius (FEs?)- 4.3

Danette- 3.75
Grunzford- 3.8
Juno- 3.9
Layna- 4.4
Odie- 3.7
Tricia- 2.7
Vitali- 2.8
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 03:58:36 AM by Cmdr_King »
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2011, 08:13:21 AM »
Are FE bosses innately status-immune?

No, unless they have the Mantle skill (so just Seph and Ash, for those we're ranking). His res (+16 compared to average) will have him laughing off magical status given how FE works there but against anything you don't see checking that? Tough luck.

Maybe.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2011, 02:59:13 PM »

Well Danette has that speed buff which seemed pretty big (especially since it gets that limit coming along quicker) and also some evade.  Kneejerked that a winning trade but I might have to look again.  Healing is probably more useful than I thought now that I think about it more.

The speed buff is pretty big indeed, especially since it has a huge effect on Danette (she casts it and has like 200% average speed), but Juno's buff is also good due to buffing both speed and defense - she's not lapping shit right and left, but she gets stronger counters, straight offense and a decent increase in her own pace all in a single go, where Danette has to spend more time to raise both offense and speed and has less durability to spare. What I'm saying is just that, if Danette is a solid Middle, Juno certainly has no reason to be any lower, let alone nearing Light, since the durability trade is pretty big and they're surprisingly close on offense.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 03:46:19 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

Nitori

• Denizen
  • The only thing YOU'RE onto is your mot-
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2011, 03:04:28 PM »

Elincia: FEs
Sothe: FEs
Zelgius: FE10

Labels won't stop people from voting on whatever so might as well be accurate

Ashera - 5
Caineghis - 4.85
Elincia Riddell Crimea (FEs?)- 4.1
Kieran (FEs) - 3.3
Lekain - 3.1
Marcia (FEs) - 3.5
Micaiah - 3.25
Nailah - 4.55
Oliver (FEs) - 2.65
Sanaki Kirsch Altina - 2.5
Sephiran - 4.3
Sothe (FEs) - 3
Zelgius (FE10) - 4.45
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 05:00:42 PM by Nitori »
<Ko-NitoriisSulpher> roll 1d100 to grade Nitori?
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2011, 04:14:36 PM »
The reason I voted for FE10 for all is that I am much stricter on the philosophy of only voting on characters as they are ranked. For example, even though Shion is ranked as XSs, because there is no dueller from XS3 and it was never ranked, I don't allow her that form. I feel the same way about Sothe in particular; we would never rank Sothe from FE9 because he is an optional embarrassment and not really even intended for combat. I am less attached to Elincia's labeling in general, but in general I err toward the side of "we didn't rank this person for this form before so...". The counterexample here is Lezard, who was ranked as VP1 before VP2 happened, and as a result I agreed with him being labeled as 'VPs' because he was obviously rankable in both forms.
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!