Author Topic: New Nyarlathotep's Dungeon Topic, Updated 10/1/14 with new rules  (Read 122612 times)

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
  • The Lonely People (Are Getting Lonelier)
    • View Profile
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Preparation, Rules, and Picking a Team
« Reply #100 on: July 05, 2008, 07:49:51 AM »
Yeah, I'm not expecting great things out of this team. I gave up caring and just slapped something together. Hopefully it'll work? Meh.

Magus (3)
Tidus (3)
Garnet (2.5)
Robo (1.5)
Raja (1)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 09:26:58 AM by ThePiggyman »
Quote from: DjinnAndTonic
Quote from: OblivionKnight
if you believe in being a GOOD PERSON

If we believed in that, we wouldn't be forcing world-saving hero to fight eachother to the death for our amusement.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 18, 2008, 08:49:50 PM »
Tir, Aeonless Yuna, FFT White Mage, Hellion, Raja.

Edit - 4, 3.5, .5, 2, 1 = 11
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 28, 2008, 10:32:55 PM »
We have a new addition for you! Fresh from Excal, it's Killey from Suikoden 2.

Initial
 Fire Rune
 Poison Rune  (W)

Floor 1:  New Game -> Muse

Double Beat Rune
 Fire Lizard Rune
 Earth Rune
 Hazy Rune
 Killer Rune
 Magic Drain Rune (W)
 Spark Rune
 Water Rune

Floor 2:   Muse -> Castle

Fire Sealing Rune
 Gale Rune
 Lightning Rune
 Silence Rune (W)
 Wall Rune
 Wind Rune

Floor 3:   Castle ->  Matilda
Second Rune Slot Available

Chimera Rune
 Exertion Rune (W)
 Ressurection Rune
 Sleep Rune (W)
 Waking Rune
 Warrior Rune
 Wizard Rune

Floor 4:   Matilda -> Luca Blight

Draining Rune (R)
 Firefly Rune
 Knight Rune
 Skunk Rune

Floor 5:   Luca Blight -> Neclord

Cyclone Rune
 Darkness Rune
 Double-Strike Rune

Floor 6:   Neclord - > Rockaxe
Third Rune Slot Available (Head)

Blue Gate Rune
 Mother Earth Rune
 Rage Rune

Floor 7:   L'Rennouille

Counter Rune
 Flowing Rune
 Fury Rune
 Thunder Rune
 Violence Rune

Killey will work much like the other 4.0 choices. You will have the option to change his runes at the beginning of every floor to whatever runes you have available at the time.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 21, 2008, 11:42:10 PM »
Like I did with my first team, I'll post how effective I think each character was in the dungeon.

Purim: Purim was generally pretty effective, she needs someone to help her out in the first floor and someone to boost her speed. However, she gets a fatal status early with petrify and blaze wall was also effective.

Rune: Rune starts well. Unfortunately, there is that point around the middle where he is only about average speed. He is still usuable as a early game power who doesn't completely fail late.

Jane: Truthfully, Jane was a disappointment. The one main oversight I had when making my team was that I forgot that Jane didn't start with Follow Me and that was the reason my team lost on the third floor. I can't really advise using her. The main reason most people use her is so that slow teams can go first. If the slow team is well designed they can power past the first two floors with little difficulty, but the third floor decimates slow teams. Either Flik fries the team or the BoF/FFX floors destroy them with their speed, status, and damage. Additionally my team wasn't slow. Purim and Mint where average, Rune was slightly above, and Marcus was average and won tiebreaks. I would definately reccomend that the floor she learns Follow Me is put in her description.

Marcus: He did his job. He helped Rune beat the first floors, and I didn't reach the floor where he starts to get bad.

Mint: She heals.

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 22, 2008, 12:16:35 AM »
I would definately reccomend that the floor she learns Follow Me is put in her description.

Done.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 22, 2008, 04:45:54 AM »
Can we all do this?
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 22, 2008, 04:51:26 AM »
Of course.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 22, 2008, 05:00:30 PM »
Thanks~ <(^^)>~

Yuri 2 - Yuri did great, he was my main offense both physically and thanks to the array of fusions he brought to the table - even early game - magically as well. Good for support spells too. SHC status blockers. Offense for floor one, revive by F2 and fire damage for Ultros . His stats were quite good as well, definitely not as slow as some might have thought. Cleary wasn't getting doubled. MVP obviously along with Songstress. I made some enquries about the dungeon during the duration that my team was in and right after and judging from the advice I got from Tonfa - divide end game levels by seven -  Energy Charge, reviving and L2 wind fusion for speed stat twinking were definitely legal for Yuri by F3 , there shouldn't have been any issue by that. Meh. Judging by the levels of my characters and the way chapters are split in game Amon and two L3 fusions were also legal (as well as Lucia's Night Oil) but at least I can see why people might not allow those due to the brokeness of Shadow Hearts Covenant in allowing your characters such goddamn overpoweed stuff early in game. They are definitely options though.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I *really* recommend people dungeon voters that haven't played SHC already to play it. It's a good game and it has some really nice twinking options for characters in battle (Lucia's oils are <3) The battle abilities of each character in general are quite interesting really.

Songstress - Songstress is hax clearly.  Shuts opponents down with Silence by F1, slow and sleep options by F2. Stop and Haste by F3. Hax. Nice array of accessory options as well - Tonfa should totally post some of these in the stat topic! >.> What is also hax is Songstress speed. Faster than Yuna 2! I didn't realise quite how good her speed was in my team overall until I checked but due to that the team should have definitely been able to handle the Lulu/Yuna fight.

Great support character. She, Lucia and Nei would have enabled Yuri to do very, very evil things on later floors due to the nifty even more hax abilities they pick up as they progress. Oh well.

Lucia- Surprisingly good! At least to those that underestimated her. Mwhahahaha. Even I underestimated her a bit and I already knew she was awesme! Mainly I didn't know that she picked up Rage and Gale pretty early. Healing, support spells, stat boosters, status protection and mp regeneration are all availble to her early on. Evilness. Stats aren't too shabby either. Faster than I thought she was, not a speed demon by any means but not snail slow either. SHC status blockers.
Neph should give her added ring effects for her physical as well to make her even meaner! Yes~

Nei- There! - for the first while until she picked up SoM. Seems to be something to carried around until she get SOM, just being there! on the first floor or two. Granted Song of Serenity seemed to have some uses in slowing enemies down ... but I'm not sure what it lowering SKILL! does so I couldn't really argue points with that move. Song of Madness alone is worth picking Nei for though. Very evil buffer. Gives me fond nostalgic memories of Peppita's Power Dance so I like Nei!

Eiko - LVP. It seems like Eiko was the weakest link in my team, everything points to her being so. I'm disappointed. I thought she'd be better than that. Speed ... is not really something I take note of in game FFIX and I always find Eiko very useful there ... just .. bah. Definitely snail like in the dungeon. Faster than Lulu though! Just >.> Had a quite a range of useful abilities (Life, Cura, Shell, Protect, Fenrir, Silence, Haste (Emerald is Cleyra), Reflect (hey Garnet is allowed it for F3! >.>), possibly Phoenix for those who take Phoenix Pinion being in the inventory from early on being reason enough to allow Eiko to use it. Meh. Just wasn't fast enough for voters to give her the respect she needed to take advantage of the skill set. Disappointed!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 06:23:21 PM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 22, 2008, 05:47:16 PM »
My main concern with your team was and is the lack of speed- you have to be quick to the draw in the later floors or else. Lucia's buffs really help there, but.. uagh. That and the lack of overall durability hurts too. Good build though, very different than the normal duengon style.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 27, 2008, 12:08:31 PM »
Garnet was reduced to 2.0. Oh joy! Time to remake my team.

If we believed in that, we wouldn't be forcing world-saving hero to fight eachother to the death for our amusement.

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 28, 2008, 04:09:24 AM »
Edit:

Aika (2.0), Gilder (2.0), Demi (3.5), Shadow (2.5), Lucia (1.0)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 10:13:53 PM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 28, 2008, 08:36:20 AM »
Let's try this again.  Team Spamalot is go!

Tir McDohl (4)
Rika McCheddar (4)
Raja McFrail (1)
Mime McFFFive (1)
and... 
Rena Lanford (1)
to break a perfectly good trend.

Two godlikes for status, buffing, attacking, and power.  With two dedicated healer/buffers as well as a Mime to add effectiveness to anyone who needs it.  Always important when dealing with Soul Eater!

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #112 on: August 28, 2008, 09:34:51 AM »
*looks at Excal's team* That looks surprisingly solid in theory... Anything that's not immune to ID better look out...

-Djinn

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 28, 2008, 04:20:28 PM »
It's also a point over.
-------------------

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 28, 2008, 05:57:23 PM »
It's also a point over.

Each division is being assigned a point value, and you may have a team of up to 11 points or five members total.

4+4+1+1+1 = 11

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 28, 2008, 05:58:48 PM »
Super apparently doesn't read the rules anymore, since his team is actually a point -under-.

Taishyr

« Reply #116 on: August 28, 2008, 09:51:09 PM »
... Team change!

Bartz (4.0)
Ramza (4.0)
Nate (3.0)

This team will likely fall by floor 3. But I will have -fun-, damnit.

EDIT: ...I'm not sure they pass floor 1. They do okay after that! But floor 1... especially the second to last fight... is kinda uh.

Need to rethink this. Also need to make a point of something.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 10:21:39 PM by Taishyr »

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 28, 2008, 09:56:53 PM »
Super apparently doesn't read the rules anymore, since his team is actually a point -under-.

Oh shoot. 11 points? Cooooooooooooooooooooool. Yes, I will have to adjust my team.
-------------------

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #118 on: August 29, 2008, 06:41:55 AM »
Out of curiosity, does having Aika -and- Gilder on the same team mean that they share an SP (AP?) bar?

I'm trying to remember all of SoA's  team mechanics now. Thanks a lot, super.

-Djinn

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 29, 2008, 02:31:51 PM »
Don't see why they wouldn't.
-------------------

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: August 30, 2008, 06:20:12 AM »
Maria (2.0), Peppita (1.5), Tidus (3.0) Rikku (4.0 ) ... FFT Priest(0.5)?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 10:42:58 AM by Clear Tranquil »

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 30, 2008, 06:25:50 AM »
Maria (2.0), Peppita (1.5), Raquel (3.0) Rikku (4.0 ) ... Nina 3 (0.5)?

You can fit a .5 in there!

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 30, 2008, 11:32:25 AM »
... hax!

Yeah *still thinking on who would be best*

*Decided to switch Raquel for Tidus and Nina for Priest/ess - I hope this doesn't come back to bite me in the ass >.>

My reasoning? - Maria/Peppita/Raquel seemed to be leaning my team too much towards the offensive slant, perhaps too much overkill on offense when other options could be utilised. It *might* have been ok if it was also a *fast* overkill offense but if the SO3 ARPG characters are forced/held to turn based then both Maria and WA4's Raquel are slow and Peppita isn't much better unless Bunny Shoes/elven slippers/ring of haste are allowed (on the bright side if forced to turn based there should be no question of Peppita getting Faerie Friend/Dream Hammer off on full power/no major issues over the number of hits SO3 characters get in general) Rikku's speed is great ... but I'm not sure Rikku *alone* would be enough to help ally speed issues substantially ... and apparently there isn't a 0.5 that can help out with party speed boosting. Tidus' Haste/Hastega should help with that though and combined with Rikku's Chocobo Feather that makes my party a good deal more balanced I think. After finding a skill list for Nina3 I discovered that she didn't have a speed buff *or* revival. Rikku as my only reviver is bad. In comes Priest. Awesme white magic skill set. MP issues yes but with Rikku and eventually Peppita with Healing Dance spreading out support between them perhaps Priest's resources won't be stretched too think. If s/he somehow makes it to when Peppita gets MP regeneration Priest has a field day >.>

Run down - Peppita is my atk/damage buffer/back up healer/chaos-freeze ID whore support, Maria is my main offense, Tidus is my Time Mage and Rikku and Priest are my main overall support.

Of course Maria/Peppita/Tidus/Rikku all have other options they can ultilise as well if need be. Maria can do back up support, Peppita can do great complimentary back up damage with Maria - remember she can *chain* Power Dance into her offensive battle skills like Faerie Friend w/o losing the ATK boost, Tidus can do offense with powerdanced quick hits/overdrives, Rikku can do offense with MT elemental items ... well uhh ... Rikku can do a lot actually. It'd take too much to detail it all in one post right now xD
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 01:00:28 PM by Clear Tranquil »

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 30, 2008, 02:54:30 PM »
Blue 4.0, Relm 3.0, Zozma 2.5, Monk 1.0 Rena .5

Relm's Espers: Shiva, Shoat, Phoenix

I think this team should do really well. The only thing I'm really worried about is the first two floors and Zozma greatly helps with those. Fortunately Vermillion Sand should be really powerful at that point in the game so Zozma will have some help early on. Floor three is where my team really starts rolling. Relm gets good damage and two fairly accurate deadly statuses and Blue's skillset and the Monk's damage should be getting really good around then. Endgame they should be set. Blue will have overdrive and a ton of other stuff, Zozma's sharp pain will still be wrecking pcs, Relm will have brutal damage, healing and fatal statuses, the monk be punching things for a ton of damage, and the priest should have plenty of mp to use his good skillset. Another interesting thing is that at endgame both Blue and Relm have MT revival which will make the team difficult to kill. 

Edit: Swapped Priest for Rena
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 03:08:33 AM by dude789 »

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 30, 2008, 09:52:30 PM »
Benjamin (3.5)
Magus (3.0)
Tidus (3.0)
Robo (1.5)

Well see how this team holds up. I don't know if I've packed in enough healing or not, and the fact that I only get revival come floor 4... but hopefully, it'll manage.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 09:55:10 PM by ThePiggyman »