Register

Author Topic: New Nyarlathotep's Dungeon Topic, Updated 10/1/14 with new rules  (Read 122402 times)

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
  • The Lonely People (Are Getting Lonelier)
    • View Profile
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Pick a Team, Rules & Brainstorming topic
« Reply #1075 on: August 20, 2012, 03:25:14 PM »
New team.

Songstress (3.0)
Eileen (2.5) w/ NeoSpeed
Garnet (2.5)
Marcus (1.5)
FFT Priest (0.5)
Nall (1.0)

It's been a long time since the last Songstress team, so I figured I'd put together a new one. Basic idea is ultrafast!Eileen gets off Copper Flesh on Songstress, and then you can't stop the music! Ahem... Marcus will help get through early floors, and Garnet's summons on later floors will provide a viable blitzing option w/ Eileen's Earthquake, if needed. Team will probably crash and burn against any half-decent boss, but it's in good fun.
Quote from: DjinnAndTonic
Quote from: OblivionKnight
if you believe in being a GOOD PERSON

If we believed in that, we wouldn't be forcing world-saving hero to fight eachother to the death for our amusement.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: August 20, 2012, 05:43:35 PM »
New team.

Songstress (3.0)
Eileen (2.5) w/ NeoSpeed
Garnet (2.5)
Marcus (1.5)
FFT Priest (0.5)
Nall (1.0)

It's been a long time since the last Songstress team, so I figured I'd put together a new one. Basic idea is ultrafast!Eileen gets off Copper Flesh on Songstress, and then you can't stop the music! Ahem... Marcus will help get through early floors, and Garnet's summons on later floors will provide a viable blitzing option w/ Eileen's Earthquake, if needed. Team will probably crash and burn against any half-decent boss, but it's in good fun.

I think it'd be better to give Garnet the sealstone. Nall can help teams without a ton of revival, but he really needs a fast healer to back him up so that the team doesn't get knocked right back down again. Eileen's already going to be faster than about 80-90% of the enemies in the dungeon without the sealstone, and if you give Garnet the sealstone they'll both be able to throw down their MT damage before most opponents get a turn. 

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: August 22, 2012, 09:45:45 PM »
Are there any (not Nall) 1.0s or 0.5s that start off with revival? (or gain it within the first three floors)~

Also did peeps know FFXIII SEN can use Provoke so the effects of multi part/target/hits abilities being used against their team will be focused on the SEN who will take the full brunt of the assault?~

Something interesting to think about, it's a tech/strat NCU/challenge players have incorperated for dealing with enemy abilities like Thanatosian Laughter, etc in FFXIII~
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 10:33:12 PM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: August 22, 2012, 09:49:47 PM »
FFT Priest and FFT Priest for 0.5s. Raja arguably starts with revival as well and he's a 1.0.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: August 22, 2012, 10:18:16 PM »
True Persona 4 Team

Souji Seta (4)
Chie Satonaka (2)
Yosuke Hanamura (2)
Naoto Shiragane (1.5)
Yukiko Amagi (1.5)

Press Turn Sealstone

'cause I haven't done this in a while and my RPG knowledge anymore is painfully narrow.

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: August 23, 2012, 01:35:14 AM »
FFT Priest and FFT Priest for 0.5s. Raja arguably starts with revival as well and he's a 1.0.

FFT Priest -and- FFT Priest, you say...

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: August 23, 2012, 01:39:23 AM »
Yes, because FFT Priest is the best 0.5 ever. =3

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #1082 on: August 23, 2012, 02:17:22 AM »
Are there any (not Nall) 1.0s or 0.5s that start off with revival? (or gain it within the first three floors)~

Isn't this why Ronfar exists?

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: August 23, 2012, 02:38:51 AM »
Ronfar EBC has non-dice early revival? Add him up there, then.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: August 25, 2012, 11:52:03 AM »
Thanks guys =)

I checked a FAQ and apparently Ronfar learns it at L21? -

"Name:Revive Litany
MP:12
Learned At Level:21.
Description:Revive a dead party member. Restores 1/2 of
their HP."

(credits, Soal)

I would probably call this F2/F3 end of F2 borderline myself but I don't know how Lunar level distribution works in the dungeon~

So I decided to stop procrastinating and am changing White Rose to Mesarthim on the basis of yaay mermaids!~ (also dat Life Raaaaaaain~)

Fang (3.0)
Peppita (3.0)
Mesarthim (2.5)
Vanille (2.0)
Meru (0.5) (Alternatively Rena, FFT Priest , Mint? Jean? Hero? Rand?)

Thought process behind Meru is I think Diamond Dust would work well off Imperil and since she starts off with her dragoon spirit she should pick up Rainbow Breath for healing early. Resources might be an issue though and I don't know if Mesa alone could keep the team going until Vanille picks up revival F4. Alternatively Rena and Mint have Haste? does this actually work? Same with Jean's speed up. Hero might be an interesting back up healer and status slinger to add to the wide range of status Fang/Peppita/Vanille already have going. Rand as a back up durable healer who gets revival later if I remember right? FFT Priest would start me off with another reviver at least - and she kind of looks like the best option the more I look at her for a dedicated defensive based healer/support unit so~
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 12:32:18 PM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #1085 on: August 26, 2012, 02:16:53 AM »
New plan: ALL the turns!

Lenneth (3.0)
Ivan (2.5) (Elemental Penetration Sealstone - I think he's the only one this effects either way)
Jane (2.0)
Sacred Slayer (2.0)
Marco (1.5)

The basic plan is Jane/SS/Marco give Lenneth turns. Lenneth Nibelung Valestis things to death. If that doesn't work, then I have lots of status, healing, revival, and speed to fall back on. Durability is suspect, but I've got a durable healer with infinite resources who starts with Angel Feather. Ivan for magic damage and status, should Nibelung Valestis be immuned or something.

This team probably explodes because I'm missing something, but it's a fun idea. I'm still debating whether I'd rather use Lilka here for my infinite resources mage instead of Ivan, but I think it's worth giving him a whirl. Alternately, I'm considering Aika.

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: August 31, 2012, 05:00:38 AM »
It's come up that the Body Charge Sealstone may need some reworking to work with Fire Emblem characters.

I would like it to increase their initiative as well as their Attack Speed, but doing both by 1.3x may be too good. It has been suggested to increase AS by a flat number (say, 4) to solve this. I'm ambivalent on the issue but wanted to get suggestions. It's also been suggested to just let it work like it does on all other characters.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: August 31, 2012, 05:22:53 AM »
They should just go at 130% speed and have their normal attack at 30% boost like everyone else. Otherwise is a really bad idea (30% Damage Boost and then potentially double their damage again...).
...into the nightfall.

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: August 31, 2012, 02:41:44 PM »
That may ultimately be the best way to handle it.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: August 31, 2012, 06:26:44 PM »
I've had a bunch of ideas floating around for team options so I figure I'll just post them and we can hash them out and see which ones stick. Some of these may be old ideas, but maybe they'll fit in better now.

Tellah (FF4): 1.5
Pros: Good durability at first! Has almost every spell of the powerful FF4 magic skillset at his disposal. Spectacular damage once he gets his level 3 spells
Cons: Bad speed and he ends up in a party with Cid, Cecil and Yang which does horrific things to his durability. MP restoration is a requirement with his awful MP.

Yang (FF4): 1.5
Pros: Fast status whore with Ness like durability. Can also hit elemental weakness.
Cons: Damage is never good and he's almost completely ST. No real team support options either.

Elincia (FE10) 2.5
Pros: Really good until floor 5 when others start to catch up to her. Even then she never really falls off because Amiti is so good. FE10 staves have some cool options.
Cons: The arrow and wind magic weakness is a bummer especially with her durability towards the end.

Darkrai (Pokemon D/P/Pt) 3.0
Pros: Very fast with good damage and great starting stats. Bad Dreams gives him lots of synergy with a sleep heavy team.
Cons: Block sleep or dark and he won't be contributing much. Like most pokemon, he's largely ST.

Cthulu (CStW) 3.0
Pros: Self sufficient slugger with excellent stats all around. Cursed Sword can do evil things on a blitzing team. DAMAGE BONUS AGAINST NYARLATHOTEP!!!
Cons: No real team support, has to sacrifice a lot of stats for Cursed Sword (they'll still be good just not great) and the damage buff to opponents with Cursed Sword can blow up in a team's face.

Umi (CStW) 3.0
Pros: Great skillset with lots of status. Siren's Call, Cute Pose and Keep Fighting are all really good in the dungeon. Has some options to get good speed.
Cons: The durability is really bad. Has to choose between Keep Fighting and consistent MT healing.

Dacre (CStW) 2.0
Pros: Solid healer with good buffs and deep resources. Speed Hymn and Regen-All in particular are pretty great.
Cons: Bad stats. Has to choose between the ST and weaker MT buffs, but usually a team can be designed with that in mind. Bad damage until Holy and his MT healing is mediocre.   

Milly or Carver (DQ6 with one job mastery per floor starting on floor 3) 2.5
Pros: Take your pick between a speedy mage and a durable slugger. DQ6 skillset eventually get pretty ridiculous and they can pick and choose what they need.
Cons: Most early jobs hurt your stats pretty bad. Takes a long while to get going.

Melia (Xenoblade Chronicles) 2.0
Pros: Great damage and she has a unique form of buffing that lets her mix and match passive buffs according to what the party needs. Has a couple of accurate status effects which work well with her skillset.
Cons: Terrible durability and interp issues.

If there's a lot of interest in Milly/Carver I can create a list of the skills that each job learns and how it affects their stats.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: August 31, 2012, 11:24:57 PM »
Yang's virtually average speed before he gets his FF4a equips which I assume come on floor 7 (and if he's not specified as FF4a, some voters will never see that happeneing at all).

Darkrai's weird in that most of his signature moves are gained at aftergame levels. His worth will also fluctuate somewhat with version, as Diamond/Pearl has access to 70% Hypnosis, but in all other games (including Platinum) it is stuck at 60%, which is the difference between turn 1 and turn 2 for many people.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: September 01, 2012, 12:33:54 AM »
Agree that Yang is a pretty meh choice due to shooting up in value on F7 while being quite blah F1-F6.  Tellah might be workable, though.  Not an amazing 1.5 but a versatile one, at least if you have MP healing.

+1 to Elincia in the Dungeon; I wrote a bit on her before:
http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php/topic,1736.msg141315.html#msg141315

She's a bit awkward on F1-F2 where her offense is bad but she's nigh-unkillable to make up for it.  Still, without revival, she could theoretically get into a bad position of letting everyone else die then failing to solo.  But yeah, she's pretty broken on F3 and F6.

I think there was a debate on Cthulhu before, and 3.0 is probably too pricy.  Cursed Sword is a great way to get the team killed in the Dungeon where you can't exactly take it off, iS F5 anyway, and his drain game doesn't help so much without revival.  He's a lot more vanilla F1-F4 where he'll be a bit of a drag.  Maybe a 2.5?

Umi is quite possibly worth more, though.  Siren's Call off good speed = totally awesome in the dungeon, and Keep Fighting is one of those great reset buttons to bail out of impossible situations.  Unstoppable 1-turn stun + a damage boost is Millenia-lite, except much faster.  Throw in some fast status for fun, some of which I believe could be set to MT (Rather than cruddy GT)?  Yeah, thinking she's more like a 3.5, even despite the durability problems.  If she gets a stun off then dies that's still pretty good for many teams.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 12:35:55 AM by SnowFire »

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: September 01, 2012, 01:06:59 AM »
Cthulhu is closer to a 2.0 to me, as I said before, his stats are utterly unimpressive until endgame and the Cursed Sword isn't until F5 I believe and it's a pretty double-edged benefit.  Dedication to not very impressive ST doesn't help his cause much.  A 2.5 may work if you're kind, but I'm not feeling it.

Umi should probably be a 2.5.  Yulietastic physical durability and sort of bad magical durability is just way too exploitable and with the exception of Siren's Call, her good stuff is simply too late to justify much higher.  That said she does impress me more than Cthulhu does in the dungeon, simply because Siren's Call can troll some fights, but it gets way less useful on larger ones and doesn't have SBE's duration.

Dacre strikes me more of a 1.5.  The skillset is good but it still takes time for MTability and Dacre's speed/durability combo isn't exactly impressing.

Seconding the no to Yang.  Tellah may not even be worth it as a 1.0, those stats are atrocious and he falls of harder than Marcus. 
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 01:10:53 AM by Random Consonant »

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: September 01, 2012, 03:04:36 AM »
Oh yeah I am lowering Raquel to 2.5.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: September 01, 2012, 04:17:05 AM »
This is agreeable.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: September 01, 2012, 08:46:23 AM »
Did anything ever come of the suggestion to add the FF6 Ghost as a one-per-floor perfect ID that ignores immunity? Because, man, I loved that idea.

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: September 01, 2012, 01:58:03 PM »
I... suppose I could do that.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: September 01, 2012, 04:05:22 PM »
Just a warning. It isn't perfect ID. >_> It just ignores immunity.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: September 01, 2012, 04:38:48 PM »
According to the only source I could find that weighs in on its hit rate (one I generally trust), it is 37.5% accuracy. That's pretty terrible in the dungeon unless you have some way to jack it up.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: September 01, 2012, 11:56:38 PM »
I.. know what I meant. >.<; Yeah, I was basically just repeating myself. I meant perfect ID to be ID that works on everything, not perfect accuracy, whoops. But yeah, it wouldn't be anything but a 0.5, but it's just a fun little pick that can, with a little effort, kill some fights in hilarious fashion. (hi extra turn shenanigans!)