Author Topic: New Nyarlathotep's Dungeon Topic, Updated 10/1/14 with new rules  (Read 122350 times)

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Pick a Team, Rules & Brainstorming topic (New teams!!)
« Reply #1225 on: November 17, 2012, 05:54:23 PM »
Reposting a plethora of teams.

Pick one.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Pick a Team, Rules & Brainstorming topic (New teams!!)
« Reply #1226 on: November 17, 2012, 05:56:40 PM »
Team "March of the Supervillainesses"

Shania (3.5), Mei-ling (2.5), Hildagarde Valentine (3.0, Body Charge), Eiko (1.5), Mint (0.5)

Done and done.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: November 17, 2012, 10:11:34 PM »
Citan (Body Charge), Rand, Nina [Breath of Fire 3], Priest [Final Fantasy Tactics], Guv

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: November 17, 2012, 10:47:38 PM »
My team has apparently gone missing somewhere, but it was something like NeoSpeed Yuna, Yukari, Yosuke, Demi and.. Teddie, I think?

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: November 17, 2012, 10:56:31 PM »
I am dropping Peppita to 1.5 in light of her damage.

Also, I am changing Resourceless to only stop you using the same skill more than once in a row.

Glen Veil

• Just call me...
  • Denizen
  • HO-UOU-IN K-YO-U-MA~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1230 on: November 17, 2012, 11:45:15 PM »
Souji, Virginia, Mew, Ditto. For sealstone...uh, either Neospeed or MT sealstone will probably be used, maybe firefly?

My attempt at a stall team in todays rockettag dungeon, and by stall I mean the team just attempts to spoil the crap out of as many damage types as possible through Souji/Ginny hax and Mew/Ditto copying them.

I expect it to trainwreck but in hilarious fashion.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: November 18, 2012, 01:14:55 AM »
Time for more blowing up in faces.

Yuna/Lucian/Shiho/Rune/Mew

Multitarget Sealstone.

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: November 18, 2012, 01:26:09 AM »
I totally made a page on the Museum for http://rpgdl.com/wiki/index.php/Old_Dungeon_Teams

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: November 18, 2012, 10:29:01 AM »
^^ Thanks! Interesting data. Good for some ideas~

* Clear Tranquil dances!

Wheee. What about the whole Peppita does upwards of 3x AVG GT HP/MP DM with Power Dance > Faerie Friend thing though? >_>

So let's try this again - Mesarthim, Fang, Vanille, White Rose, Peppita

Any better? (might change Fang to Raquel or Maya or look for someone tanky I dunno)

Also was there any discussion on whether Vanille should go down in price any in light of her apparently not getting Dispel/Raise till F4? Given Hope doesn't get Raise till Stage 8/two whole Crystarium levels later than Vanille means his dungeon gaining of it goes off later now here as well, probably F6 being generous.

Edit: ... anddd seeing Raquel at 2.0 makes the whole Peppita at 1.5 thing make sense/me feel better about that. It doesn't mean they are bad  :)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 02:20:19 PM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: November 18, 2012, 05:15:02 PM »
Well, Peppita's durability is always going to be a little bit lower than the others (I think?).

She's a difficult person to price, ultimately, I think.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: November 19, 2012, 07:07:39 AM »
What's the rule regarding Resourceless and stuff that's OPB but doesn't take any resources like say Ryu3's Bonebreak or Chrono Cross Elements?

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: November 19, 2012, 11:44:03 AM »
Judgment call, I believe. I personally wouldn't see Resourceless as affecting Bonebreak, since it doesn't run off actual resources. Chrono Cross, the elements themselves are resources, and I think I'd see them affected.

EDIT: Stuff like Ryu2's G. Dragon, though, would badly need a special clause regarding it, because holy shit Ryu2+Resourceless is broken as HELL.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 03:51:18 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: November 19, 2012, 03:20:46 PM »
I expressed this idea in chat but wanted to ask it here:

What do you think about the idea of allowing respec'ing at Full-Heals? (changing equips/ability setups/accessories/etc). As it stands the dungeon doesn't reward versatility in options as much because you have to pick one setup to deal with 5 fights, which is quite restrictive. Allowing respec'ing would up the power of some more versatile PCs and reward options over raw power, which seems like a nice idea. Also the enemies being able to select accessories/equips/skillsets to spoil the team while the team has to accommodate 5 fights can be a bit jarring. Allowing it at Full-Heals fits with resetting limits and such too.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: November 19, 2012, 03:49:26 PM »
I already allow changing equipments in a fight-per-fight basis and set some generally lenient speccing guidelines (allowing Hilda to change forms besides the one set up at the beginning of the floor), but expanding that wouldn't be bad, I think. One setup per floor honestly doesn't make a lot of sense to me, although in some cases it's necessary. Allowing skill setup respeccing on specific points could flexibilize dynamics a fair deal, and I generally like guidelines that stretch a team's options in the dungeon.

tl;dr I'd be happy with that change.

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: November 19, 2012, 04:13:10 PM »
What's the rule regarding Resourceless and stuff that's OPB but doesn't take any resources like say Ryu3's Bonebreak or Chrono Cross Elements?

It doesn't affect moves which take all resources. I would probably tack on that it also doesn't affect OPB moves.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: November 19, 2012, 08:23:21 PM »
I already allow changing equipments in a fight-per-fight basis and set some generally lenient speccing guidelines (allowing Hilda to change forms besides the one set up at the beginning of the floor), but expanding that wouldn't be bad, I think. One setup per floor honestly doesn't make a lot of sense to me, although in some cases it's necessary. Allowing skill setup respeccing on specific points could flexibilize dynamics a fair deal, and I generally like guidelines that stretch a team's options in the dungeon.

tl;dr I'd be happy with that change.

Pretty much agree with this.  I don't see any reason why characters can't change equipment between battle.  You can do that in like every game ever (and if they can't in their game then they can't here either).

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: November 19, 2012, 08:56:41 PM »
I have no opposition to the idea, though ultimately it seems like it primarily affects the job-changing types (Bartz, Ramza, etc) and I don't know what to do with them.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: November 19, 2012, 09:00:28 PM »
Luneth would probably be the one helped by this ruling change the most, since of all the people that CAN change jobs, he's the first one that comes to mind that can't mix and match roles from other jobs into his current one.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: November 20, 2012, 05:40:18 AM »
Job changing should not be changable (Would...somewhat defeat the purpose of pricing, as this limitation should already be factored into what they cost and have not really heard people saying that job switchers are overpriced). No real overall thoughts on equip change on full heals as I don't think it has really come up yet. It will matter potentially for hinging on single status blockers and perhaps some setups for later floors where there are more Full Heals.
...into the nightfall.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: November 20, 2012, 12:04:27 PM »
Equipment changing comes up -constantly- one way or another and the very idea of impeding equip changes in a fight-per-fight basis is downright stupid, especially considering how the general dungeon design feels tailored to consider equipment swaps. That's not even taking into things like equipment dynamic changes that could happen in the middle of a floor and swap general stat dynamics, like Raquel's midgame offense spike with Macha Brand and Mia's speed jump with Wind Cane. I cannot fathom why you wouldn't allow equipment changing in the middle of the floor, in-between fights, and I never followed that particular guideline because it was so egregiously dumb. I honestly haven't seen it enforced in any way either, and people don't seem to take it to heart, so, if nothing else, the static equipment clause should go away and never turn back.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1245 on: November 20, 2012, 12:31:40 PM »
Competently built teams do well in the dungeon. I got fairly late in with a freaking DQ theme team last time. this team will be slightly competent.

Ted, Zerase, Chemist, Ninja, Tia

MT sealstone. Durability? What durability?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 12:33:31 PM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: November 20, 2012, 12:40:21 PM »
MT Sealstone on Chemist, I gather?

EDIT: Also, that's -a lot- of fweem. Ted for the first few floors will be slinging MT 2HKO off a L2, while Zerase, you know the deal. Later on, Judgment - oh jesus christ MT Sealstone on Ted, that's MT 1.4x PC HP overkill at -endgame-, for the love of god. Chemist will make sure this is utterly and endlessly abusable if you get any breathing room for MP healing.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 01:58:15 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: November 20, 2012, 02:19:38 PM »
Honestly Super's WHOLE TEAM is built for the MT sealstone. Ninja is fast with excellent damage that gets status attached and has Throw for element stuff (?), Ted is ... yeah Judgement is retarded like that, Zerase is built around MT but not for the first few floors, MT Chemist is just tops because hey MT Auto-Potion and MT Phoenix Down (which revives with CT to some extent or another). Tia has MT but Lufia2 is mean to MT'd magic in terms of power reduction (not as bad as FFTMQ, but bad)... if the MT Sealstone can be moved around then this will prove to be quite a cool team. Outside, you know, being OHKO'd by too many things because Ninja is your most durable PC. Yeah.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: November 20, 2012, 03:14:47 PM »
The MT sealstone -can- be moved around! Yeah, everyone benefits from it to some extent, but I reckon Zerase won't need it (she gets her first L4 at floor fucking -two- and Chemist gets storebought Ethers at floor 3. Oh humanity). Tia benefits weirdly from it, but it's a net gain for her regardless. Ninja loses the 2HKO, though, and his status is kinda late, so he's less interesting about it. Just... man, Ted and MT. Ted and fucking MT.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: November 20, 2012, 03:20:37 PM »
Hopefully Ted will never have to face a situation where he takes a hit, or else my team will explode. I just put that team together in a few minutes, was going for an effective use of the MT sealstone.

Chemist and Ted benefit hugely from it. Tia does to a lesser extent, but by the time her offense picks up Ted will be in 'make things go boom boom' range.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...