Register

Author Topic: New Nyarlathotep's Dungeon Topic, Updated 10/1/14 with new rules  (Read 120185 times)

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Preparation, Rules, and Picking a Team
« Reply #300 on: April 09, 2009, 08:09:15 PM »
Alright, I'm considering making a team for this... It'd probably be bloody awful, but that's what you get with a first try.
Before that, though...

Firstly, any chance of the Wiki/first post being edited? I'm guessing the Wiki's right, in which case, could the character list from the first post go? Not a big deal, but a little confusing.
Secondly, Sealstones being added to the Wiki?
And lastly, a couple of questions on the Speed? sealstone... Just to clarify, that description means that, if a character would normally move last, they now move first and vice-versa, right?
Also, is that every fight or floor? (Assuming fight, but best to make sure.)

Edit: Another question... Love Love Sealstone - how does that work on Pokemon? Does the player choose a gender for the Pokemon that have genders? What about ones that don't?

Edits again: Okay, I'll just give away what I was thinking and ask - is it possible to have Ditto without the Speed Powder?

Edit: (I'll stop this eventually, honest.) Just to make sure I understand Cloud right... Is it each floor, you master the previous Materia AND get a new one? Or is it OR get a new one?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 11:44:43 PM by Yoshiken »

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #301 on: April 10, 2009, 12:27:05 AM »
Edit: (I'll stop this eventually, honest.) Just to make sure I understand Cloud right... Is it each floor, you master the previous Materia AND get a new one? Or is it OR get a new one?

Don't know about your other questions, but I've seen Cloud in action. He starts with one unmastered materia on floor 1. He masters it by the end of floor 1. At the start of floor 2, he gets to add another unmastered materia to his weapon slots. Rinse and repeat for a great shine and full-bodied spiky hair.

• Suggests the birth of an abomination
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Final team selection
« Reply #302 on: April 10, 2009, 12:59:16 AM »
Rune[PS4](3.0)
Geddoe[S3](3.0)
Kyra[PS4](2.0)
Selan[L2](2.0)
Mime[FF5](1.0)

Sealstone: Elemental Advance
<+Nama-EmblemOfFire> ...Have the GhebFE guy and the ostian princess guy collaborate.
 <@Elecman> Seems reasonable.

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 10, 2009, 03:35:03 AM »
I've removed the character list from the first post, as you are correct, it was wildly inaccurate. The wiki is right.

The speed? sealstone reverses the -relative- speed of someone. If you used it on someone who was 60% speed in their own game, they'd be considered 120% speed in their game. This doesn't mean they'd be faster than anyone, you'd still have to think about what that means relative to others.

Sealstones should be on the wiki at the moment... I Thought I updated that yesterday. I will check.

The Love Love one, uh... yes, we'll say you choose a gender for them. As for things that are gender neutral, there's simply no bonus.

Uhh... as for Ditto, probably... maybe? I dunno.

And yes, Cloud gets Mastered Materia +1 per floor.

EDIT: And Tal, please repost your team, I can't find it.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 03:36:39 AM by Nephrite »

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 10, 2009, 04:16:15 AM »
Jude
Arnaud
Yulie
Raquel

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #305 on: April 10, 2009, 04:35:15 AM »
Ditto with the Love Love Sealstone is a pretty amusing case - does the bonus change when Ditto transforms into something of the opposite gender?

How about Yuri? Can he use one of his female demon forms to change the bonus of Love Love? ^_^ This is a completely silly question...

-Djinn

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 10, 2009, 10:42:27 AM »
Wha ... Yuri *has* female demon forms? I never noticed >_>
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 10, 2009, 01:43:42 PM »
Alright then, I'll go for this:

- Cloud (4)
 - Edgar (3)
 - Yuna (3.5)
 - Ditto (w/o Speed Powder) (Speed?) (0.5)

Bardiche

« Reply #308 on: May 13, 2009, 12:33:43 PM »
Did this die? w/e

TEAM LOLMP (/w Resourceless Sealstone)
Sasarai (2.5)
Alex (3.0)
Ryu4 (3.0)
Millenia (2.5)

Basically Sasarai lets rip with his Just-Shy-Of-OHKO-MT nuke, then the rest pick off whatever survives. Later on, Sasarai uses the nuke, then earthquake, then Mother Ocean or Kindness Rain to Heal. Alex lets rip with Dragons, Ryu4 hypes his dragon summons and Millenia doesn't need to worry about running out of Spellbinding Eye juice.

Solid team, ten points.

On a side note, where's Nephirte? ;a;

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 13, 2009, 05:49:45 PM »
Terra (3)
Toadstool (3)
Claude (2.5)
Sharanda (2)
FFT Priest (0.5)

Glen Veil

• Just call me...
  • Denizen
  • HO-UOU-IN K-YO-U-MA~
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 05, 2009, 08:10:07 PM »
I wouldn't mind giving this a try if it's still going on.

Cecilia(4)- Buff duty and skill set that makes all other pc's jealous
Raquel(3)- Kill stuff duty
Lilka(2)- Hi-Heal spam is a go, alternatively, Mystic Life Orb spam for heavy mt damage situations.
Jane(2)(Firefly Stone)-  "What can you do?" hype while forcing st characters to attack Jane?

I figure early game Jane gets to be the distraction with Firefly, removing potential focus from Lilka and Cecilia so they can get their buff game going.  Once Jane gets Follow Me the weakness of Ceci's and Lilka's quick spell being ST only is practically erased, since they can just quicken Jane and have her spam Follow Me for Raquel getting turns at Godlike Speeds = epic destruction.

Hopefully this is still going on so I don't look stupid posting this.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 05, 2009, 08:16:09 PM »
It's still going on, Neph and I are tinkering with floors.New teams are always welcome.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #312 on: June 09, 2009, 05:39:50 AM »
Are there records of how far previous teams have gotten in the old Dungeons? I don't know how long this game has been running and I'm curious about how it has evolved over time. What the old selectable rosters looked like, how the floors have changed, what new gimmicks have been added over time, that sort of thing.

It seems like interesting stuff that could fit on the wiki?

Hmm... Does anyone have backups of the old forum topics of this?

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 10, 2009, 04:21:29 PM »
I may have some of it, I'll look.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 18, 2009, 02:16:05 PM »
I've thought up a couple of interesting combos for people who want to create a team but can't get a good starting point.

Purim and Jane: I used this one last time in the dungeon, and it didn't work so well, but I think there's a lot of potential. Jane and Purim work extremely well together and their biggest weakness is that they both take a couple floors to get going. Follow Me and Blaze Wall takes most people out before they get a chance to attack. Purim also has a bunch of other tricks that can create powerful team combos. She works particularly well with FE characters and characters with MT physicals. If you can create a team that can help get them past the early floor then they should be able to get pretty far. Finally, their point values have dropped recently so this combo is fairly cheap.

Wren and Firefly: This one is pretty simple, but any character who can become status immune can give ST status immunity to the whole team. Characters from games like SH that have good status blockers can also fill this role.

Finally
Cecil, Worker 8 with Firefly, and Shadow: This one is kind of complicated, but if it gets set up it results in almost full immunity from ST attacks.  The strategy is that Cecil will cover W8 who will absorb all the ST magic attacks, Shadow will then throw an invis edge on Cecil who will cover W8 and cause physical attackts to miss. The main weaknesses are that it does nothing against MT damage and fast opponents can take it out before it can be set up. However, this isn't the only group that can use this combo. You can substitue Cecil out for someone like Bartz with Knight job, and Shadow can be substituted for someone like Cecilia.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: June 20, 2009, 04:13:13 PM »
Edit:

Raquel (Speed), Cristo, Brey, Maxim, Nash
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 01:50:11 AM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 24, 2009, 07:01:13 PM »
SEALSTONE UPDATES:

I've changed some of the wording on a few of these to better reflect their intended power. Please make note of it and modify your teams accordingly.

Unless otherwise noted, these affect all combatants, enemy and ally alike. You may also only choose one per team and may not change this throughout the dungeon.

Life - One character's healing effects now also allows for revival, but reduces the final effect of any healing to 50%, regardless of how strong the healing was before (Full healing is always 50% only). The healing also only revives characters with 1 HP.

Speed? - Speed of one character is changed to be the reverse of what it originally was. For example, a character with 70% speed now has 130% speed for their first turn. After this turn their speed returns to normal and cannot be modified positively again.

Resourceless - Your spells and abilities are now free but you may not use the same ability more than once a floor. This does not apply to moves that drain all resources.

Multitarget - One person on the team's actions all become Multitargetted. However, the damage, healing, chances or stat effects of these effects is reduced by 50%. (For example, Deadly Fingertips has a max 50% chance of hitting all targets.) This applies even if there is only one character.

Violent Burst Law - Characters with system-specific gauges begin the floor with them filled. These gauges do not charge during the floor by any means.

Status Symbol Law - Ally Team is fully status, debuff and ID immune, but has all their total statistics reduced by 15%.

Love Love: Damage is increased by 50% against same-sex targets and reduced by 50% against different-sex targets. This applies to both enemies and allies.

Elemental Advance Sealstone: Each attack of the same elemental type is used after the last one, it gets a 25% boost. Both sides may take advantage of the same level of damage, but also break the chain with any other spell. This damage caps at 150%.

Vantage Effect Sealstone: Counter abilities excecute BEFORE the attack that triggers them for all enemies and characters.

Firefly: A chosen member of your party will always be the target of enemy attacks, however, this also bypasses normal immunities (so no Gastly avoiding physicals this way) as well as status or elemental immunities. Characters with this sealstone have damage done to them increased by 20% and have hit rates against them increased by 10% (50% status becomes 60%, not 55%) The character is still the target unless hit by a fatal status. This does persist if the character dies and is brought back to life. However, multitarget moves ignore this effect. Worker 8 is immune to this Sealstone.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 02:35:21 AM by Nephrite »

Bardiche

« Reply #317 on: June 24, 2009, 07:51:33 PM »
... Okay, then, scrap my team. Back to the drawing board.

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
  • The Lonely People (Are Getting Lonelier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 24, 2009, 08:13:36 PM »
Worker 8 can't have Firefly? Fack!

*remakes team*
Quote from: DjinnAndTonic
Quote from: OblivionKnight
if you believe in being a GOOD PERSON

If we believed in that, we wouldn't be forcing world-saving hero to fight eachother to the death for our amusement.

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 24, 2009, 08:22:19 PM »
I have truly crushed dreams this day. What kind of president am I.

Taishyr

« Reply #320 on: June 25, 2009, 02:42:11 AM »
Kyogre, Maya, Cristo, Strago, Raja - w/ Speed? Sealstone.

Confirmation on ST sealstones; how often can they change who they influence? Is it perma-set on a character, once per floor, or can it switch between fights?

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 25, 2009, 02:48:29 AM »
Before each floor.

Glen Veil

• Just call me...
  • Denizen
  • HO-UOU-IN K-YO-U-MA~
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 25, 2009, 04:49:36 AM »
Cool on the Sealstone being able to be changed between floors, this makes me regret putting Firefly on Jane less since I can just switch it to Raquel after Jane becomes useful >.>.

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
  • The Lonely People (Are Getting Lonelier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 26, 2009, 01:43:49 PM »
Alright, new team. Feeling good about this. =D

Fogel (3.0)
Chemist (3.5)
Cray w/ Speed? (1.0)
Sasarai (2.5)
Jean (0.5)
Nall (0.5)

So, here's the deal. Fogel's a beast as is, Cray with Speed? makes sure he can make him even more monstrous, and, come Floor 4, Kiss of Blessing gives Fogel Image, Berserk and Haste. FOGEL HYPE IS GO! But I realize I have to make it there to get that started. ;p

Jean has status and ID (although late), Sas has nuke-level magic, as well as excellent healing, and Chemist has 100% HP+MP revival. I noticed I only had one reviver, so Nall fits in perfectly. Also, my team's a big sluggish, but Cray with Speed? means he can speed buff anyone who needs it, and Jean starts with a speed buff, too. And Silent Lake + Chemist work well together. Chemist does nothing magical. ;p

Voila. :)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 01:54:42 PM by ThePiggyman »
Quote from: DjinnAndTonic
Quote from: OblivionKnight
if you believe in being a GOOD PERSON

If we believed in that, we wouldn't be forcing world-saving hero to fight eachother to the death for our amusement.

Taishyr

« Reply #324 on: June 26, 2009, 02:08:24 PM »
Quick friendly warning: Agi. Up is bugged. In-game (at least for SNES, don't remember if it's the same for GBA), it does nothing.

Mmm. Still, interesting design there, and I love the Fogel hype.