Register

Author Topic: Post Restriction Mafia - Game Thread - Day 1  (Read 37420 times)

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
Re: Post Restriction Mafia - Game Thread - Day 1
« Reply #175 on: March 16, 2008, 05:07:49 AM »
-Mother fucker.

-Excal's posts aren't particularly inspiring.

-Nor are his defense.

-The problem is whether that seems to be scummy or what.

-There are too many bloody obvious feeling tells this game.

-Don't suffer scum to live.

-Smodge or Excal are now my targets today.

-Neither has town's interest in mind.

-Smodge stands out as worse for pretending.

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
  • Never feels any pain, never really dies
    • View Profile
    • This is the state to which I have been reduced.
« Reply #176 on: March 16, 2008, 05:10:32 AM »
Quick reminder: Since Shale's MK brought today's lynch threshold down to 6, Smodge is now at -1 to hammer.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 16, 2008, 05:21:38 AM »
GODDAMN FUCKING SHIT I AM A TOWNIE AND THE GODDAMN FORUMS JUST ATE MY POST!!!!!

Ahem.  

And this townie has just seen a lot happen.  Damnit.  

Ok, to recap my post that I lost:

My vote wants to go to Excal.  I don't get any feeling from his posts.  smodge...if he is a 3rd party that wins with town, that's better than scum, at least.  A flip on Excal will help us learn what's going on with this stuff he's noted (mostly the "At the bottom of the lightning" thing from his first post).  Tom...has posted stuff.  And has...tried to be helpful with it.  He's provided votes and given some background to everything.  If Excal turns up scum, we know he was going mad and playing fucked up crazy, and can ignore some of his shit.  If he's town, we can scrutinize his posts better and glean info from them - a flip would kick ass here.  Also, more buying?  I thought that was a joke...then he puts it in again.  Too many goddamned merchants here for this sexy townie (who isn't scum, by the way - just letting you know).

Though Shale is dead, he knows my restriction - total, annoying, self-masturbation of my assured townieness, not-scumminess and overall sexiness in all regards.  Since most of this has been coming out of the closet recently for everyone, and it's pretty obvious, I guess there's no harm in anything.  Also, we need to look at Shale's voters tomorrow, since we have a flip on him.

Still need to watch Tonfa.  I'm having issues with understanding El-Cid at points, especially with this coming out:

Andrew:
"-I do have to second Cid to some degree with his apparent concern regarding OK.

-Metagame arguments are tough to deal with.

-OK's is one of those that makes you stop and wonder though.

-It inherently contributes to WIFOM.

-I'm still waiting on Excal."

Where are you getting that from?  I didn't glean any concern over me from his posts.  Though I am a townie, and the best there is, I can make mistakes.  I don't see anything, so...where are you getting this?  Please point this out specifically if you can.

I think that's everything.  Going for Excal to back things up.  Had to spam this post up in a few minutes (but hey, a true townie does his best the fastest to help others) to get it up, so hopefully I can elaborate in a bit.

##Vote: Excal  
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 16, 2008, 05:28:26 AM »
fsdfgh
gah
That really sucks, I had no suspicion about Shale.
No, but other people did, namely El Cid and VSM.
Well, I guess they've been proven wrong now :P
That doesn't make them scummy!
I didn't say it does.
Stop being evasive.
Why?
GAH!

In other news, I got a warning for almost breaking my restriction with my previous post. So forgive me if I'm harder to understand because this idiot keeps arguing with me.
Hey, it's not my fault you're always wrong.
Shutup or I'll punch you. I control the right hand you know!
But I have the left, mwhaha.
Damn you. Anyway, town does have to be very careful about restrictions, which is bad news for us all. We've lost WAY too many town thusfar.
I disagree, we can turn this to our advantage.
How?
Well, the mod is obviously being very vigilant about restrictions. This means that we must also watch veerrrrry closely. We might spot scum slip-up and therefore screw up.
But certain people haven't told us all the details!
This is why it is extremely important that we get everythign out in the open. If you haven't told us about a restriction, DO IT! Otherwise, if you pull out some details out of your arse later, I will assume you're scum.

It'll be far too difficult for me to compile any sort of list, with my other head arguing all the time.
Hey, I'd do a better job than you!
See? >.> I think Yakumo should do it. We can make it into a gameshow round!
Ooh, maybe it can be celebrity heads.
Diedieiedieid
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: March 16, 2008, 05:29:56 AM »
Though Shale is dead, he knows my restriction - total, annoying, self-masturbation of my assured townieness, not-scumminess and overall sexiness in all regards.  Since most of this has been coming out of the closet recently for everyone, and it's pretty obvious, I guess there's no harm in anything.  Also, we need to look at Shale's voters tomorrow, since we have a flip on him.

-I have to agree.

Still need to watch Tonfa.  I'm having issues with understanding El-Cid at points, especially with this coming out:

Andrew:
"-I do have to second Cid to some degree with his apparent concern regarding OK.

-Metagame arguments are tough to deal with.

-OK's is one of those that makes you stop and wonder though.

-It inherently contributes to WIFOM.

-I'm still waiting on Excal."

Where are you getting that from?  I didn't glean any concern over me from his posts.  Though I am a townie, and the best there is, I can make mistakes.  I don't see anything, so...where are you getting this?  Please point this out specifically if you can.

cids susphisun early on about ok claimign town at every turn is weird  ???

since it cleraly part of his restrishun  8-)

-Perfect opportunity for scum to play a WIFOM game and get their own power-ups.

I agree with

The first point

-Well.

-Maybe to make him look like a townie?

All other lovable townies like myself - opinions?

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 16, 2008, 05:42:45 AM »
fsdfgh
gah
That really sucks, I had no suspicion about Shale.
No, but other people did, namely El Cid and VSM.
Well, I guess they've been proven wrong now :P
That doesn't make them scummy!
I didn't say it does.
Stop being evasive.
Why?
GAH!

...uh...

I disagree with

The second point

##Vote, Unvote: Yakko

##Vote, Unvoke: Excal

##Vote, Unvote: Shale

##Vote, Unvote: Excal

Corwin:

##Vote, Unvote: Veryslightlymad

##Vote, Unvote: OblivionKnight

##Vote, Unvote: Tonfa

El-Cid: Excellent! I call upon all players to contribute lines of useful commentary to our quasi-silent friend. Here's a start, and something he seemed to be feeling the lack of:

Yes.

No.

Also, to differentiate spelling efforts from actual votes:

I find the following person or people suspicious:

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 16, 2008, 05:49:20 AM »
I speak, and I speak, and none of you seem to hear.  If you would only listen, you'd not only see reason, but you'd also avoid calling down the thunder of the almighty on yourselves by getting distraught over your the fruits of your own faults.  However, as you persist in this misunderstanding, allow me to speak plainly what should have been obvious from the first.

You are all mired in looking at individual and petty faults, and are not looking at the vote record.  At least one of you had the wit to eventually see what I did, even as he did not have the wit to speak it aloud.  Still, one must make do with what one has.  And before any of you tell me I did not say that, let me point out that it is written in the same ink that struck down that insufferable hunter and the misguided hippie.

Regardless, let us look at those you are most worthy of looking at today.  After all, Mrs. Corwin has been, highly focused, never letting her vote stray far from our dear Philosopher.  But the Pretensious Peddler of Piddling Puppies has, for no reason at all, failed to lay his own mark at the end of the day yesterday.  Even more curious is the way everything joined together, so that aside from our one dear exception, people either voted for the dearly departed, or voted not at all.  Are you not glad that's finally ben made clear?  No?  All the more reason you should have seen it from the beginning when I first said it, instead of letting yourselves kill yourself over your own idiocy.

Also, Tom, dear.  Let me say this simply and now.  Have you not been reading, or are you simply incapable of independant thought?  I've mentioned time and again that there is no guarantee that all of us here are as simple minded as you are.  Unless you think that people revealing their true heart is a sign of evil.  But then, from one who would assume he is the measure of man, I suppose expecting any sign of intellect would be far too great an expectation.  Such a pity, two minds to fuel, without even enough brain for one!

HYAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 16, 2008, 05:53:04 AM »
-To OK.

-See what Cid wrote.

-The quote from Tonfa is the thing I was referential to.

-Gargh.

-I need more time to think on this.

Yakumo

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 16, 2008, 06:07:20 AM »
Welcome back to Mafia!  Another wonderful contestant on the side of good has fallen to restriction breaking, and has thrown confusion over the proceedings as we near the end of the second day!  The puppy salesman stands teetering on the brink of the well, waiting for merely one more vote to send him spiraling into oblivion!  The audience is breathless with anticipation, waiting for the moment of truth!

I believe our two-headed compatriot needs to read less into our wonderful sponsor Carthrat's votecount and more into actual posts.  If I recall correctly, El Cideon never voted for Shale with the intention of the vote sticking permanently, but only in the attempt to spell things with his votes!

I admit that I am torn as to what to do with our poor puppy salesman.  There are third parties that are both for and against town, and even he doesn't seem to be sure if he's actually a third party or not!  On the other hand, he has had numerous incidences of poor logic, I don't know if I've seen enough from him to call him scum.  On a third hand donated from Igor brand limb replacement services, the people I see as looking worse for either a lack of content or for content that just doesn't look right are sitting at one vote, if any, so it seems the salesman is doomed regardless of what I do!  So, with this in mind, I am announcing my intent to hammer the salesman rather than let the day drag out to the bitter end!  I will give people half an hour to comment as to their views on this subject before I do so!  If you don't think you can finish a post under your restriction in that time, I will extend this to an hour if I see a post that is simply a vote and unvote before I drop the hammer!

As far as making a post listing people's restrictions, I can certainly assist with that!  I would prefer to leave it for tomorrow, however, as putting that post together is likely to take quite a large amount of time and it is unlikely to have any sort of relevance to today's proceedings!

Stay tuned for the exciting conclusion to the second day of Mafia!

Veryslightlymad

• CONCEPTUALIZATION [Challenging: Success]
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Shitposts are a type of art for webforums
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 16, 2008, 06:17:04 AM »
Well, that didn't go quite as I planned
That will cause me to review my stand
My older theory stunk
And must needs be rethunk
It's hard to see who has tipped their hand

Right now I'm questioning Tom and Twin
In regards to our El Cid-e-in
It might be a nitpick
But I'll say it real quick
His vote for Shale was not really sin

Veryslightlymad

• CONCEPTUALIZATION [Challenging: Success]
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Shitposts are a type of art for webforums
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 16, 2008, 06:22:48 AM »
I just noticed that you plan to end
And Smodge down the well you'd have us send
There's plenty of time left
And others we can heft
So I'll ask if your ear you would lend

Tom's warning does not reflect our game
To my knowledge, none else got the same
They were struck dead at once
Maybe call me a dunce
But there's something fishy in that claim

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 16, 2008, 06:24:45 AM »
I believe our two-headed compatriot needs to read less into our wonderful sponsor Carthrat's votecount and more into actual posts.  If I recall correctly, El Cideon never voted for Shale with the intention of the vote sticking permanently, but only in the attempt to spell things with his votes!

-I have to agree.

I admit that I am torn as to what to do with our poor puppy salesman.  There are third parties that are both for and against town, and even he doesn't seem to be sure if he's actually a third party or not!  On the other hand, he has had numerous incidences of poor logic, I don't know if I've seen enough from him to call him scum.  On a third hand donated from Igor brand limb replacement services, the people I see as looking worse for either a lack of content or for content that just doesn't look right are sitting at one vote, if any, so it seems the salesman is doomed regardless of what I do!  So, with this in mind, I am announcing my intent to hammer the salesman rather than let the day drag out to the bitter end!  I will give people half an hour to comment as to their views on this subject before I do so!  If you don't think you can finish a post under your restriction in that time, I will extend this to an hour if I see a post that is simply a vote and unvote before I drop the hammer!

-Well.

##Unvote: Smodge

##Vote: Corwin

Let us look at our dear schoolmarm.  Such a lovely person she is to be looking over our youth, what with her ever so monotenous focus and inability to prioritise appropriatly.  I understand ever so well why one might wish to shove those useless philosophers down a well, but to focus on such to the exclusion of all else?  Inexcusable.  Combine that with an odd accentuation on dealing with those who cannot speak so well?  You seem most ill-suited for your chosen profession, and makes me ever so glad that I had no need to ever enter the public system.

Shale: Ah ok, I didn't realise you could have town-third party *mind boggles*
On the other hand, I'm still for a Smodge-lynch, based on all the other reasons.

I agree with

The second point

##Unvote: Corwin

##Vote: Smodge

As far as making a post listing people's restrictions, I can certainly assist with that!  I would prefer to leave it for tomorrow, however, as putting that post together is likely to take quite a large amount of time and it is unlikely to have any sort of relevance to today's proceedings!

-I have to agree.

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 16, 2008, 06:25:55 AM »
Tom's warning does not reflect our game
To my knowledge, none else got the same
They were struck dead at once
Maybe call me a dunce
But there's something fishy in that claim

-I have to agree.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 16, 2008, 06:26:54 AM »
Sorry, that was a mistake on our part, after reading back and checking the vote record. Cid's posts are hard to follow-
So are yours!
Hey that's not my fault, it was your fault!
Shh.

I obviously don't think it was a good thing that Shale was modkilled. BUT I need to come up with counter points to everything, otherwise I'll suffer a similar fate.
No, *we'll* suffer a similar fate! I don't want to die!
The let's see who voted for Shale thing was just a point I made so I could continue the discussion with myself.
No it wasn't, it was totally serious!
If I don't argue with myself.. well, you know >.> I understand this makes it confusing to read my stance, but there's not much I can do about it.
Lies, I'm doing my best! Trying to put forward opinions and all that. YOU'RE spoiling them!
*sigh*

Yakumo, that would be appreciated. Hopefully it'll help us figure out who is being geniune about our restrictions.
Nah, more importantly it'll help us figure out who ISN'T!
That's like... the same thing.
No it isn't.

Ninja VSM: That's metagame talk. There's nothing fishy about it at all. Rat actually said that I'd broken my restriction and was going to modkill me, but I argued it and he agreed that my PM was a bit unclear on the specifics, so he let me off with a warning. I appreciate your concern but that's all there is to it.
He's lieing, he doesn't appreciate your concern!
It's a figure of speech.
Says you!
Yes, says me.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 16, 2008, 06:27:28 AM »
I think that's HAMMER, stop talking.
No!
Yes, that includes you.
Oh.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 16, 2008, 06:28:21 AM »
Oh, it actually wasn't, haha.
See, I told you so.
No you didn't, you were joking.
Shh.

Sorry >.> ok, back to watching the Grand Prix.

Lady Door

• Coming up with words is, like...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ... really hard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 16, 2008, 06:32:08 AM »
The arrogant two-faced one makes a good about the salesman, but the heart of the argument rests on the discussion surrounding questions of what the 3rd party does for and against town.

It balances on the claim of the prospective 3rd party (which includes our poet, remember) regarding their win conditions, and this hardly seems trustable – neither is it testable without lynch and –

Stick insects are parthenogenetic. They can lay clones of themselves. How cool is that?!

While I agree with the self-confirming townie and his views on the arrogant two-faced one, I reaaaaaally don’t like having it boiled down to “I want a flip” rather than “I think he’s scum.” Being willing to sacrifice a possible townie in favor of information? Not exactly what I like to see town willing to do to itself. Mislynch favors scum.

The two-headed one and the self-confirming townie do make a good point about tomorrow, but we still need to get through tonight.

Right now, I still see the salesman working against the best interests of town. The arrogant one is just particularly obfuscating, which … could go either way, really. Between being evasive about the puppy selling, awkward logic, protracted absences resulting in largely contentless posts…

I’d be fine with hammering him/seeing him hammered.

The other people I’d have wanted to lynch are not very viable candidates, and I’m uncomfortable with the reasons certain people use when targeting the same candidates. Definitely something to consider – tomorrow. Along with two-head’s mistakes.
<Demedais> Humans look like cars to me.
<AndrewRogue> That must be confusing in parking lots

Yakumo

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 16, 2008, 06:41:28 AM »
Welcome back!  And now, the conclusion of day two of Mafia!  I have seen no reasoning, from contestants or from our wonderful studio audience, that would make me hesitate to bring the BanHammer brand hammer down on our puppy-hawking partner.  The poet does bring up a solid point on the two-faced one and the supposed warning from our wonderful sponsor Carthrat, but as the two-faced one has not a single vote to his name at this time and the salesman stands at five, I think that's something best left for tomorrow!  We simply haven't the time to reverse the course of the voting so severely! 

##Unvote: Corwin
##Vote: Smodge

And that's the end of today's broadcast!  Tune in tomorrow as we start the excitement of Mafia day three!

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 16, 2008, 06:50:25 AM »
HAMMER SHUT UP

No sense in making you guys wait for Rat for a flip.

Votecount!

Smodge (6): EvilTom, AndrewRogue, Tonfa, El Cideon, El Cideon, Excal
Shale (DEAD): El Cideon, VSM, Yakumo
LadyDoor (1): Corwin, El Cideon
Tonfa (0): OblivionKnight, El Cideon
AndrewRogue (0): OblivionKnight, El Cideon
OblivionKnight (0): Yakumo, El Cideon
Corwin (0): Yakumo
Excal (2): Smodge13, El Cideon, Shale, OblivionKnight
VSM (0): El Cideon

With 11 alive, it took 6 to lynch.

Smodge13, aka Salesman, Vanilla Townie, was lynched! Please send Carthrat your night actions!

Holy shit bold everywhere!

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Carthrat

• Max Level Arch Priestess
  • Denizen
  • I'm a goddess! I'm really a goddess!
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: March 16, 2008, 02:53:14 PM »
"Get your puppies here! They don't have bombs in them and they aren't going to save your life!"

Smodge's campaign was less than satisfactory to the town, but the puppies *were* rather cute. But then...

"Curses! This despicable little mutt has bitten me!!" shrieks Excal. "I demand my money be returned to me! I was never informed of danger, you cheating little medicine-seller!"

Upon discovering that there were to be no refunds, Excal was upset.

Smodge13, aka Salesman, Vanilla Townie, was lynched!

THE NEXT DAY...

"Alright, which of you threw VSM down the well?" snapped Timmy, irritably, once the town had reconvened. "You realise that he took about an hour to die, and wouldn't stop reciting poems until he did? Not that I snapped his neck or anything to make the pain stop, you understand, just.. just... catch that guy! He was.. about this tall... and I think he had blue eyes, but they might've been green, and.."

VSM, aka The Poet, Vanilla Townie, was killed at night!

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. There are 72 hours remaining.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 02:55:13 PM by Carthrat »
WHAT BENEFITS CAN ONE GET FROM SCIENTOLOGY?

Corwin

• My Natsuki....
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 16, 2008, 07:13:54 PM »
http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=572.msg11750#msg11750

Sopko (8): Otter, Excal, El Cid, Dread Thomas, Tonfa, LadyDoor, Yakumo, Andrew

http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=572.msg12259#msg12259

Smodge (6): EvilTom, AndrewRogue, Tonfa, El Cideon, El Cideon, Excal

Let's see here. Both posts get a nice, informative 4 stars rating for providing handy votecounts for easy cross-referencing, such as one I'm going to do right now.

Out of these people, Otter is pretty much the only one confirmed as town.

I somehow am not surprised that the people I find most suspicious are those who happen to be here, while those I trusted in my posts disagreed with the lynches, same as me.

Out of all those on both trains that got a townie lynched each time, I find Tonfa the most suspicious. I find his lack of serious content troubling, his infrequent posting suspicious, and his posts just don't jive with his claimed restriction well for me (the latter is a personal reason you may freely ignore; just don't ignore the actual argument in its entirety, as you guys have done the previous day). It also feels like he started using a lot more netspeak and grammatical errors ever since putting the supposed restriction to paper, so to speak. Perhaps he was trying to discern himself from Andrew in such a way? After checking day 1 again, he only posts after Andrew, so this is possible. So, in that case, let's check all of Tonfa's contribution to this game:

http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=572.msg11519#msg11519

A post of one star, made of fail and bad grammar.

http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=572.msg11607#msg11607

A two-star post, where he votes Cid after calling out lurkers and echoing others.

http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=572.msg11666#msg11666

Another one star for another essential oneliner post. Again, as I've said before, just because your posts must be short/brief/illegible is no reason not to just make several of them in succession (such as Andrew making a second post continuing his opinion after someone posts for him, per his claimed restriction).

http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=572.msg11735#msg11735

A three star post of minimal effort. Some defense of his vote, another unvote/vote. I already noted before inconsistencies in his posts before (when he says he isn't sure where to vote and later on votes in that same post). Here, in the same post he tries to defend this, he does this again by saying Sopko should get a chance to respond and that the train is moving too fast… and follows up by later voting Sopko and saying this puts Sopko at -2 to hammer. Uhh… yeah.

http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=572.msg11905#msg11905

A post of 2 stars. I can't fault people voting smodge originally. I hoped people would listen to me once the train became more apparent, but we can't have everything in life.

http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=572.msg11912#msg11912

What can I say, 3 stars for explaining his restriction. It seems very complex.

http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=572.msg12181#msg12181

4 stars for a quote I like. This is all.

http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=572.msg12193#msg12193

3 stars for effort (finally!) but that's about it. I don't like how he ignores several arguments made. Again, just because you have to stick to one-liners (as he claims he must) doesn't mean you can't continue your train of thought later on. Andrew has shown this himself by continuing his thoughts with multiple bullet points.

http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=572.msg12195#msg12195

1 star. Yeah.

Okay, so I'm looking at all these posts. Quantity-wise, he hit the post button more than I had. Quality-wise, has there been any original case, thought or insight anywhere, there? How many times did he need to get prodded to return and post?

Well. This is it, comment and what have you. I have my own comments about the previous day, but I'll likely type them up tomorrow, as there should be plenty of time.

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 16, 2008, 08:11:46 PM »
Ok.  Poor Shale, VSM and smodge.  I was thankfully right in not going heavily after smodge - he really didn't seem threatening.  Though we've lost 3 good people, we're narrowing things down, at least.  As the towniest townie here, I'd like to remind everyone: let's think positive! 

Not to meta-game too much, but if we're looking at 3 scum (which seems likely with 15 people), then we have 2 days before LYLO, unless I'm mistaken.

Ok, the people I am most suspicious about at the current moment are Tonfa, Excal and...well, those are the ones with the strongest cases, so let's go through them.

Tonfa...honestly, Corwin has said this nearly perfectly.  His posts have consistently been very difficult to read and of very questionable content.  While yes, this could be due to his fabulous post-restriction, people have been working with their post restrictions decently enough (again, I'll cite Cid, who while a pain in the ass for me get a handle on, and likely anyone else, is posting decently and trying to contribute).  As a townie, like myself, even if you have to post stupid stuff, I'm surprised there isn't more there - it's like the restriction is sitting there as a wall.  And beyond that wall...we can't see what's there - this isn't good. 

Excal - much of what I said yesterday still remains.  Excal disappeared at a critical venture, and was nearly unintelligible and impossible to extract information out of yesterday.  I really, really, really would like him to answer my query from yesterday, and provide some more feedback that is not so Scarlet Letter-esque.  I think I know what he might have been trying to say (which is why I would have preferred a lynch on him, for information), but without more info from him in some way, I don't know where to go. 

Andrew is still kind of on the back of my mind for the slip earlier, but he's not at the forefront of my thoughts today.

Interestingly, all 3 of these people were on the final lynchings of Sopko and Smodge.  So was El-Cid.  This requires a bit more scrutiny of voting records and other information, but my main pushes are on Tonfa and Excal today.  Anyone, other, lovely townies like myself, have more thoughts on them?  Please do tell.

I'll be back later tonight.  Just want to have some thoughts up to start the day.
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Tonfa

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 16, 2008, 10:37:20 PM »
so @ corwin  8-)

i wonder if u noticd but end of day votecnt was wrong  :D

should have el cid and yak insted of 2 elcids for smodge  ::)

hmm vsm nk look very neutrl  :o

only had 1 vote for shale ever  :-\

tom is incerdibyl hard to read  >:(

restrishun make imposshibul to make any kind of stance that dosent insatnly counert itself  ???

tom can u say wether u mean thing 1st head or 2nd head says  :P

also since when have vanlila town had alt win condishuns liek smodge  ???

weird game for sure  ::)

bbl  ;D
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

Kilgamayan

• Celluloid Hero
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 16, 2008, 11:50:02 PM »
Sorry, I forgot to toss Yakumo's name on to the end of the EoD list of Smodge voters. That's why the name list is off. (The vote count was accurate, however.)