Register

Author Topic: Post Restriction Mafia - Game Thread - Day 1  (Read 37392 times)

Yakumo

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Post Restriction Mafia - Game Thread - Day 1
« Reply #200 on: March 17, 2008, 12:30:11 AM »
Hello and welcome to the beginning of day three of Mafia!  The numbers of the Town are steadily whittling away, and the audience is watching in fearful anticipation!  Will this be the day the defenders of truth and goodness finally unmask one of the vile child-shoving miscreants?  Or will their numbers dwindle yet further, the truth remaining out of their grasp?  Only time will tell!

Now, to comply with requests made of me yesterday and to make things easier on everyone, I intend to compile a list of the restrictions that every one of our remaining contestants claims that our wonderful sponsor Carthrat has placed upon them for this episode!  In order to help me do this, I would ask that all of you either link me to the post where you claimed your restriction's details or actually do so, complete with every detail you find at all relevant, as much as you can without directly quoting your PM!  No sense in tempting the Word-o'-Mod brand lightning tossing device's kill total by doing that, so paraphrase! 

As far as targets for today go, I'd like to hear people's opinions on EvilTom's supposed warning about nearly breaking his post restriction, thoughts on Corwin's arguments yesterday, and our low content posters!  Who do you consider low-content?  I'd say LadyDoor is borderline, Excal is pushing low due to it being so hard to figure out what he was saying yesterday so he was mostly repeating himself, and Tonfa is definitely down there!

Stay tuned, there's more Mafia action to come after these messages!

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 17, 2008, 12:51:07 AM »
Greetings everyone!  I'd like to say it's so good to see you all again, but it's so sad to see so many people are gone.  I'll really miss Mr. VSM and his funny poems.

It's good to see Schoolmarm Corwin is still at her trade, she's ever so bright!  And it's good that we're looking at those who got rid of Mr. Sopko and the funny puppy man.  I...  I can't believe I was there, but at least I have good company!  Mr. Tonfa, who speaks so funny, and his cousin Andy the Snail!  That clever spanish mime and our friendly announcer Mr. Yakumo also did it!

But...  well...  I don't mean to say you aren't good!  You saw we needed to look at the post count and everything!  But...  well, Mrs. Corwin, I saw that you didn't say something too...  There's two people who haven't voted for anyone who've been pushed yet.  And...  well...  I know they can't be Timmy Pushers!  I mean, one of there's Mrs. Corwin herself!  And the other is the towniest townie that ever towned, Mr. OK himself, and he's obviously town or why would he ever say it so much!

But...  but... that mean evil scary voice in my head keeps on saying that one of the Timmy Pushers is probably hiding themselves as someone who looks good just because they know who not to push.  I mean, we all make mistakes, right?  But these two haven't....

Ack!  I didn't mean to say you'd want to make a mistake!  I'm sorry Mrs. Corwin!  Mr. Townie OK!  Mr. Sopko!  Puppy Man!

Ah!  Happier news!  Mr. OK, what do you want to know?  I...  I don't know exactly what it is you want to know...  But you're so smart, I know you could tell me exactly what needs to be said so I can give you an answer right quick and we can all be happy!

Also, to the clever Mr. Yakumo, I'll gladly say everything again.

I'm a sweet and pretty princess.  Each day I must be sweet and polite and gentle, and I want to say kind things to anyone I agree with, and I need to apologise to anyone I disagree with or...  or...  or want to shove cause I think they're a mean Timmy Pusher!

But...  There's something dark in me...  I try to keep her in, honest I do.  But she's rude and mean to everyone, and she has to be rude and mean whenever there's a place she can see to do it.  Also, she's so happy when she...  votes.  She has to revel in the misfortune of the person she's going after, and she has to use big words just to show you all how much better she is than everyone.  And, just to show how much of a big meanie she is, she needs to make a big ol' evil laugh whenever she leaves.

Well, we've got a lot of work to do if we're gonna catch those Timmy Pushers!  So I'm gonna get looking.  Let's work together and I'm sure we'll catch them!

Yakumo

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 17, 2008, 01:15:58 AM »
Welcome back to this exciting edition of Mafia!  To appease the audience and the other contestants, I have put together a basic list of restrictions!  If I've messed yours up or there's any details you haven't felt like sharing with us, now is the time to tell us!  For some of these I just used my Quote-o-Matic forum post copying device, some I paraphrased if I thought it would make it easier to understand!  I can adjust the list if you prefer to see it a different way, of course!

1. OblivionKnight - I can't find the post where he claimed his, if he did?  It seems obvious that he has to keep calling himself a townie, though!  Could you give us more details, please?

4. Corwin -
And speaking of restrictions. Mine is building off the content of others, even if it's tenuous, grading their posts (1 to 5 stars) and having my reviews over 200 words. There's more, but that's flavor and doesn't look like actual, modkillable restrictions. Even so, I do try to be mean to stay in character.

5. Excal -
I'm a sweet and pretty princess.  Each day I must be sweet and polite and gentle, and I want to say kind things to anyone I agree with, and I need to apologise to anyone I disagree with or...  or...  or want to shove cause I think they're a mean Timmy Pusher!

But...  There's something dark in me...  I try to keep her in, honest I do.  But she's rude and mean to everyone, and she has to be rude and mean whenever there's a place she can see to do it.  Also, she's so happy when she...  votes.  She has to revel in the misfortune of the person she's going after, and she has to use big words just to show you all how much better she is than everyone.  And, just to show how much of a big meanie she is, she needs to make a big ol' evil laugh whenever she leaves.

6. El Cideon - Can only post in quotes and votes, cannot break up paragraphs!  Has another, currently unknown rule about the kind of content he has in a post!

7. LadyDoor -
My post restriction allows me 250 words. I cannot name names except when voting. I must change my vote at least once per post after I’ve placed the first. I need to spend 3+ sentences breaking my thoughts with a non sequitur.

12. Yakumo -
Welcome back to the second day of Mafia!  Our wonderful sponsor Carthrat has made it quite clear that it is safe to do this, so here goes!  I am an overly excited game show host!  I have to reference several specific things in each of my posts, to wit: our wonderful sponsor Carthrat, our live studio audience(though I don't have to refer to them as such!), and a random brand-name piece of merchandise!  Also, I must end every post by cutting to commercial break, and every RL day I must introduce myself as the host again, for a new episode!  Finally, I have to be, well, excited!  This one's a little less strict, but I have to end more sentences with an exclamation point than I do with a period in every post!  This includes the sentences that are ended with a combination of a question mark and an exclamation point, for those curious folk in the audience.  I don't actually have to vary my sign-offs or anything, I just think it's more interesting that way!
For clarity, I must refer to the audience, and I have to refer to Carthrat as our wonderful sponsor, but it doesn't have to be in that order, it just usually fits better that way!  I can say "Carthrat, our wonderful sponsor", for example!

13. AndrewRogue -
-I do indeed have restrictions in both how frequently I may post and how much I may post.

-No more than ten points per post.

-Nor can I post twice in a row.

14. EvilTom - Must disagree with himself constantly!  Is there anything else here?

15. Tonfa -
i cant use big words like punctaiton or capitalshun corectly  :'(

nor can use those things as you see  8-)

lol must have some intrnet abrviation in post  ::)

also use emotes lot and gramer no good  :-\

also type in 1liner  :o

We'll be right back after these messages!

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 17, 2008, 01:27:22 AM »
Yaku, You've got it pretty much right.
No, no no! It's wrong! I'm not disagreeing with myself, my two heads have to argue.
So we can agree in the end?
Well, we can come to the same conclusion. We have to argue though. This was the part of my restriction that was a bit vague and I needed to get clarified with the mod warning.

tom can u say wether u mean thing 1st head or 2nd head says
Sorry Tonfa, I don't quite understand what you mean. I think you're asking 'are the two heads different?
No, I think he's asking if one is yours and one is mine. Like, with names.
Well, to answer both questions, they do have to have different personalities. One is always positive, one is always negative (but that part wasn't specified in the restriction, I made that bit up to make it easier to keep track of them).

I'm not going to be able to get on for the rest of the day till I get back from work. So, just checking in now. Oh and I like chocolate.
I don't! Screw you.
You don't have to eat it.
Technically I kind of do.

I highly agree with Corwin and OK about Tonfa. I'm not as convinced about Excal. I always want to hear more from Andrew, it seems like he's had a low post count and a fiarly low content count. He's been blaming his restriction on that, but I don't think he's been trying his hardest as people such as El Cid who have far worse restrictions.
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 17, 2008, 02:00:48 AM »
tom is incerdibyl hard to read  >:(

restrishun make imposshibul to make any kind of stance that dosent insatnly counert itself  ???

tom can u say wether u mean thing 1st head or 2nd head says  :P

-I have to agree.

I hate to keep going around in circles - it wastes gas and contaminates the air with exhaust fumes to just drive around aimlessly; we should really walk or ride bicycles instead - but I'd like to get some answer on this.

Anyway, on to other business.

But...  well...  I don't mean to say you aren't good!  You saw we needed to look at the post count and everything!  But...  well, Mrs. Corwin, I saw that you didn't say something too...  There's two people who haven't voted for anyone who've been pushed yet.  And...  well...  I know they can't be Timmy Pushers!  I mean, one of there's Mrs. Corwin herself!  And the other is the towniest townie that ever towned, Mr. OK himself, and he's obviously town or why would he ever say it so much!

But...  but... that mean evil scary voice in my head keeps on saying that one of the Timmy Pushers is probably hiding themselves as someone who looks good just because they know who not to push.  I mean, we all make mistakes, right?  But these two haven't....

-I have to agree.

i find this pretty suspishous  >:(

I find the following person or people suspicious:

Corwin:

Let us look at our dear schoolmarm.  Such a lovely person she is to be looking over our youth, what with her ever so monotenous focus and inability to prioritise appropriatly.  I understand ever so well why one might wish to shove those useless philosophers down a well, but to focus on such to the exclusion of all else?  Inexcusable.  Combine that with an odd accentuation on dealing with those who cannot speak so well?  You seem most ill-suited for your chosen profession, and makes me ever so glad that I had no need to ever enter the public system.

-I have to agree.

1. Figure out what's happening to America's honeybees. It's a mystery, and a potentially devastating one. Cut out the bottom of the food chain like that and who knows where the effects will end?
2. Lynch All Lurkers, by which I mean Excal. If our esteemed mod isn't going to enforce a participation rule, then we do it ourselves - Excal hasn't made a meaningful contribution since Day 1, and he has been around, both in chat and on the boards, since that time. He's even read the topic. He just hasn't felt like saying anything. Anybody comfortable with that? I'm not. Tom and Tonfa tie for second place here if Excal shows up and manages to get some actual contributions on the table by the end of the day, but that seems vanishingly unlikely.
3. Corwin. His logic was odd on Day 1 and has been downright bad today, complete with contradictory choices of targets and defendees (you got a better noun for that?) and the aforementioned bad metagaming. If Tom, Excal and Tonfa hadn't done their vanishing acts this is where my focus would almost certainly be.
4. Smodge. Could be scum, could be third-party, could be town taking his restriction too seriously, although Laggy's ##Buy count makes me kind of doubt that. Still haven't seen anything that makes me really think he's anti-town.
5. Other people, none of whom I could lynch with any degree of confidence. There are folks I'd like to see more from (OK on his restriction, VSM on his malleable reasons for voting for me), but nobody else I'd hang at the moment.

I agree with

The third point

Corwin:

I cannot see someone who only ever quotes others as a town role. If he can't even point something suspicious out in some post that the rest of us had missed, what esset is he to town?

Can anyone explain to me why people who (claim to) have a restriction on maximum post length or other such matters that effectively prevent them to play the game and give the rest of us information on them will get a free pass?

This is the aforementioned logic that stinks. You're saying to judge people scummy based entirely on their claimed restriction, which is bad. You're right that we shouldn't give anybody a pass on low content because of their restriction, but you went beyond that and that's where people, myself included, see a problem. It's like you're throwing some of your trash into the receptacles where it belongs and the rest onto the ground - you should be held accountable for disturbing the habitat, and possibly poisoning innocent wildlife, by littering, even if you don't do it all the time.

(You're right to call out people who aren't contributing at all, including Tonfa. That doesn't give you a pass on bad arguments.)

-I have to agree.

-Corwin's argument seems kinda ham-handed.

scumiest of any1 in game now  :P

##Vote, Unvote: OblivionKnight

Excal - much of what I said yesterday still remains.  Excal disappeared at a critical venture, and was nearly unintelligible and impossible to extract information out of yesterday.  I really, really, really would like him to answer my query from yesterday, and provide some more feedback that is not so Scarlet Letter-esque.  I think I know what he might have been trying to say (which is why I would have preferred a lynch on him, for information), but without more info from him in some way, I don't know where to go.

I disagree with

The first point
The third point

While I agree with the self-confirming townie and his views on the arrogant two-faced one, I reaaaaaally don’t like having it boiled down to “I want a flip” rather than “I think he’s scum.” Being willing to sacrifice a possible townie in favor of information? Not exactly what I like to see town willing to do to itself. Mislynch favors scum.

-I have to agree.

-I'm still uneasy about his logic at this point.

Why doesn't anyone ever suspect the butterfly? Just because it's pretty? Personally, I think something that flashy has GOT to be evil --

##Vote, Unvote: Tonfa

Tonfa!  Please, you also need to speak, or you...  you may be next!  I...  I don't want you to go into that well either!  Even if you are just hanging on the edges, being that cool kid that's too cool to talk much, we need our charmingly sad people coming in and saying their piece!

-I have to agree.

##Vote, Unvote: Excal

As far as targets for today go, I'd like to hear people's opinions on EvilTom's supposed warning about nearly breaking his post restriction, thoughts on Corwin's arguments yesterday, and our low content posters!  Who do you consider low-content?  I'd say LadyDoor is borderline, Excal is pushing low due to it being so hard to figure out what he was saying yesterday so he was mostly repeating himself, and Tonfa is definitely down there!

-I have to agree.

-I'm not quite sure how I feel about voting on him at this point though.

El-Cid: Excellent! I call upon all players to contribute lines of useful commentary to our quasi-silent friend. Here's a start, and something he seemed to be feeling the lack of:

##Vote, Unvote: LadyDoor

##Vote, Unvote: Shale

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 17, 2008, 02:18:53 AM »
6. El Cideon - Can only post in quotes and votes, cannot break up paragraphs!  Has another, currently unknown rule about the kind of content he has in a post!

-Well.

As fow why?  #1:  I am confident that this plan will win the game for town.  #2:  If nothing else, it gets sewious discussion going quickly, which is impowtant in this extwa-confusing game.  #3:  I am convinced that this game is wole madness and that aggwavates me.  Playing a game only to discovew a couple days in that it is wole madness is stupid and a waste of time.  The altewnative is the usual push to lynch -> get woleclaim -> back off and pick someone else until deadline is imminent for a little while and then wealize that the game is awbitwawy and the wandomly tawgeted woles awe deciding evewything.  It is much funnew, IMO, to take such a game and twy to solve it Dethy-style. 

Quote from: Sir Alex
As fow why?  #1:  I am confident that this plan will win the game for town. ...

The altewnative is the usual push to lynch -> get woleclaim -> back off and pick someone else until deadline is imminent for a little while and then wealize that the game is awbitwawy and the wandomly tawgeted woles awe deciding evewything. 

-Townies will have some kind of post restriction that forces them to post a certain way. It might be trivial, it might totally rearrange how you present yourself, but it'll be there. Fair warning- these WILL force you to do very strange things and somewhat increase how long each post you make takes!

-Scum will have no such restriction. Better fake it!

-Townies will have some kind of post restriction that forces them to post a certain way. It might be trivial, it might totally rearrange how you present yourself, but it'll be there. Fair warning- these WILL force you to do very strange things and somewhat increase how long each post you make takes!

-Scum will have no such restriction. Better fake it!

If you're thinking restriction-break modkills can be used to somehow break the game, don't follow that line of thought. Townies breaking restrictions will only lead to badness for town.

-I'm working in a rather limited form.

Tonfa

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 17, 2008, 02:34:54 AM »
tom ur made up bit on head personalishun dosent help town at all  :o

is there no way you can indictae which opinuns u actshully mean  >:(

and what is just circulr banter   ???

... :o

hay wait lol  ???

tom looks like break post restrishun in his last pargaraph  :o

no lightnengin  ???

this mean he scum then  8-)

##vote: eviltom  >:(
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 17, 2008, 02:54:41 AM »
hay wait lol  ???

tom looks like break post restrishun in his last pargaraph  :o

no lightnengin  ???

this mean he scum then  8-)

##vote: eviltom  >:(

-Well.

-I have to agree.

##Vote: EvilTom

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 17, 2008, 02:56:10 AM »
-I come to look at what has gone down and I find we lost two townies once more.

-Tonfa has made an excellent observation.

-Tom seems to have abandoned his restriction completely there.

-His points about me don't really help either.

-I don't really recall blaming my restriction for my posts.

-And I have been relatively active as well.

-I'll address some of the other arguments a bit later.

-Tom needs to explain his post right now.

##Vote: Tom

Carthrat

• Max Level Arch Priestess
  • Denizen
  • I'm a goddess! I'm really a goddess!
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 17, 2008, 03:02:02 AM »
Votecount!

OblivionKnight(0): El Cideon
Tonfa(0): El Cideon
Excal(0): El Cideon
LadyDoor(0): El Cideon
EvilTom(3): Tonfa, El Cideon, Andrew Rogue

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. There are 50 hours remaining.
WHAT BENEFITS CAN ONE GET FROM SCIENTOLOGY?

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile

Yakumo

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 17, 2008, 03:21:37 AM »
Welcome back!  My, the audience is riled up at this apparent misstep by the two-headed contestant!  I must say, this looks quite bad for him.  First the supposed warning about making a mistake in his restriction, and now a post that seems to lose it at the very end!  I have to say, as he hasn't had a 'visit' from our wonderful sponsor Carthrat yet, and the votecount shows that he's been here to see it, there is little doubt in my mind at this point!

Before I place him one vote from the BanHammer brand hammer, I do believe our quote-restricted friend was trying to ask for these?  Hope they help!

A

B

C

D

E

F

G

H

I

J

K

L

M

N

O

P

Q

R

S

T

U

V

W

X

Y

Z

##Vote: EvilTom

The two-headed contestant stands one slight nudge from oblivion!  Stay tuned for more exciting Mafia action right after this!

Excal

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 17, 2008, 04:33:39 AM »
Oh no....  Mr. Tom!  You...  Your other head, it didn't talk!  I...  I can hear that woman inside me, telling me one little push and all our troubles will go away.  But...  NO!  I'll wait, I'll listen.  You must have something to say, right?  I'll...  I'll hold until you speak, but I can't promise she'll hold back any longer than that.  You'll let both your voices sing, yes?

But, I...  Mrs. Corwin.  I have to ask, before night falls again.  Why?  Why did you always just leave your vote on that nice Lady Door?  You never answered before, and I really want to know why?  When there were so many other things going on, you'd never let that go, or even press really hard for it.  It...  there must be a reason, but I just can't see it.  But I'm sure a wonderful and wise schoolmarm like yourself could see it!

Lady Door

• Coming up with words is, like...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ... really hard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 17, 2008, 04:47:43 AM »
My faith in the two-headed one is slipping quickly. Between the mistake about the hammer yesterday (and similar repeated mistakes in reading the quoter, period), the odd claim about mod warning, and the end of his latest post today? I keep thinking “scum has no such restrictions” and attempts to recover from repeated mistakes. “I convinced my way out of modkill” sounded quite fishy then, and now…

It’s also curious that he’s now gone for the day and it makes as though... um...

A dentist invented the electric chair. As if the drills weren’t bad enough? Really makes you wonder.

There are other issues we could discuss today as well: the critic – who did indeed seem to drop the two previous days’ arguments quite suddenly; the netspeaker and his general lack of "presence"; the two-faced (who’s sugar and sweetness again, apparently)’s … two-faced-ness and seeming evasiveness; generally faulty arguments; odd behaviors… But honestly. I am not sure there is much that Mr. Maybe-Has-Two-Heads could say to make up for the combination of things that have culminated in today's misstep and quick rise to lynch candidate.

Still, I'm inclined to give him a chance to respond so long as he doesn't abuse the courtesy.
<Demedais> Humans look like cars to me.
<AndrewRogue> That must be confusing in parking lots

Excal

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 17, 2008, 05:01:15 AM »
Ah!  Lady Door, I...  I would not wish to disagree with a lady such yourself...  why, I'm ever so flustered to even be in your presence, but...  well...  I have no wish to be evasive, and I speak as plainly as I am able.  As for my habits, we are all as we must be, as Zeus above has made us, and decreed us to be lest we taste his ire, yes?

Sierra

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 17, 2008, 05:18:48 AM »
The best and most definite townie (me, of course) makes one last post before heading off for the night.

-Hindsight can allow for new observations.

S
E
E

T
O
M

I
N
T
E
R
A
C
T
I
O
N
S

C
O
R

N

O
K

A
L
M
O
S
T

N
E
V
E
R

R
E
F
E
R

T
O

H
I
M

Tom...where the hell are you, man?  If you were a lovable, huggable townie like myself, you'd make your presence known!  There are no votes on you, which is a bit odder - falling into the background is bad!  Damn.

O
N
L
Y

O
K

P
O
S
T

T
O

T
O
M

No.

A
N
A
L
Y
S
I
S

Corwin:

N
E
V
E
R

M
E
N
T
I
O
N
S

T
O
M

T
O
M

E
C
H
O
E
S

T
H
E
M

M
U
C
H

OK makes a very good point by calling out El Cid. His quoting thing makes it impossible to get a read on him, so it would be the perfect cover for scum.
But he might just be an unfortunate town.
But we can't risk that, if he's scum, we'll never get him, ever.
But he might be innocent, and we can't prove that either.
We should kill him.
No, we should kill the people who look scummier first.
Then we'll never get around to killing him, because he can't possibly look scummier than anyone else if all he does is quote them!
Hmm.

OK also called out Hunter Sopko. OK gives me a town read. Sopko does not.
Why not?
The fact that his restriction doesn't 'kick in' till tomorrow is hishly suspect.
It might just be strange.
Well, it's odd. and it's strange. It's outside the normal for what we've seen in restrictions so far. Most people have something that affects their posting style. Also a complete language change seems a bit far-fetched... It will make his posts almost completely illegible from today onwards, it'll be worse than El Cid, we won't be able to understand him.
That's as much justification as El Cid! We can't just kill people because they have horrible post restrictions!
Why not? They could be scum.
They could be town. We can't know.
Because of their restriction, they become dangerous.
Mmm.

Still waiting on Tonfa.
He posted!
Not much.

Andrew.
Yes, Andrew.
We need to talk about Andrew.
Do we really? Corwin did a great job. I aprove of Corwin.
Do you? Hm. Well, We need to mention that we agree with what Corwin said, so we need to talk about Andrew. His mistakes... are.. bizarre. Very scummy.
You know it wasn't just that though, he also had no real stance on Alex.
Bah fine, add that in.

I mainly agree with OK's focus on Smodge. My original reasons for voting for Smodge were his ultra-dodgy logic, fallacies, and general bad vibe. OK's notes about his 3rd party possibilities were something I had not considered, but 3rd party is still scum.
On the other hand, wins with town?
I don't think we should believe him, he's admitted to withholding information from town already. \

O
N
E

E
X
A
M
P
L
E

I
F

T
O
M

I
S

S
C
U
M

T
H
I
S

M
A
Y

B
E

I
M
P
O
R
T
A
N
T

I

W
A
N
T
E
D

T
O

S
A
Y

I
T

N
O
W

I
N

C
A
S
E

I

D
I
E
D

T
O
N
I
G
H
T

-I'm working in a rather limited form.

El-Cid: Excellent! I call upon all players to contribute lines of useful commentary to our quasi-silent friend. Here's a start, and something he seemed to be feeling the lack of:

D
I
G
I
T
S

N

S
I
M
P
L
E

W
O
R
D
S

B
E
D
T
I
M
E

N
O
W

G
O
O
D

L
U
C
K

Excal

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 17, 2008, 05:30:04 AM »
Ah, Mr. Mime!  SO clever you are, I cannot think of how we could ever repay you!  Wait, I know!

One

Two

Three

Four

Five

Six

Seven

Eight

Nine

Zero

Ten

Analysis

Almost

Never

Often

Vote

Almost

Refer

Only

Them

The

Example

This

That

Important

And

Also

Maybe

I think

Because

Will this do?

Now, I...  I...  I think I feel my other half bursting to say something, but I want to look at one thing first, brought up by the ever so clever Mime, El Cid.  It shouldn't take but a moment, and...  I'll need to speak when I am done.

Excal

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 17, 2008, 07:04:25 AM »
I'm sorry Tom...  really, I am, but...  Well...  That darker me, she wants me to talk, and...  well...  all I can hope to do is put it all in my words.  Please forgive me!  You too Mrs. Corwin, and Mr. Townie.

Mr. Cid, I guess I should start with you...  I...  I really like watching your act!  It's very informative and oh so entertaining!  But...  well, it was probably just my eyes, I couldn't see well through the crowd, so I'm probably making this all up.  But you said Mrs. Corwin never mentioned Tom.  But she did!  Lots of times!  Of course, it's hard to tell just for looking at her posts.   She sets a wonderful example to us all of the dire consequences of not citing your papers properly!  If you look at what she does, she's like the other side of Mr. Cid's act, showing us how not to do things even as he brilliantly shows us how to properly cite so that you can see who said what, and how they said it.  And giving you more power to read quickly or read in depth.

But Mrs. Corwin cleverly does her act so that we can't read quickly.  We always need to pick through everything in order to see who she's talking about.  And it's always random how you find out too!  Sometimes it's mentioned right away, other times it's hidden in the middle, and there's times you aren't told at all!

Of course, you should be careful, Mrs. Corwin!  Things like that don't help us much, and might be seen as the sign of a dreadful Timmy Pusher!  And we all know you couldn't be one of those!

But...  well...  here's the big thing, the thing I find most interesting...  And...  I'm sure it's just a misunderstanding, that there's some easy explaination, but she's making me say this!  She is!

There's a few people who've been saying mean things about others here because of their ways of doing things.  Not because they don't always do the same thing, like people are saying Tom did.  But just because of what they do.  Mr. Tonfa and his funny faces, and our miming friend Mr. Cid are the popular choices here.  Mr. Tom, Mr. Town and Mrs. Corwin have all said mean things about Mr. Cid just because he can't talk, and Mrs. Corwin has been harder on Mr. Tonfa because he can't speak right.

But what really gets at me is this...

It did, clearly. And yet… why are you so eager, going so out of the way to help poor, misunderstood Cid? That you seem to be the only one who actually tries to make an effort here, spanning several posts, makes me frown. I suppose it means nothing until one of you flips, but you're certainly playing well off one-another. Whether that is intentional or not remains to be seen. 3 stars of indecision.

Mrs. Corwin, why did you say this?  Why would we ever want someone able to speak less?  This isn't something any good member of town would say, but I can't tell myself that you didn't say it!  There must be some reason, right?

And...  and there's this!

And while we're on the topic of low posting... this would've be out there sooner, but I'm unexpectedly struggling with my restriction more than I expected. We're talking quantity and the actual theme, too, on top of the lesser annoyances. I envy those throwing one-liners for presence purposes.

You make it sound like you have to write lots and lots, and then when you say how much you have to write it's just two hundred words!  And that's not much.  You took almost 140 words just to say you had to write lots.

So...  so...  I know, I know Tom is probably going to be pushed...  But...  while we wait...  I...  I need to know the truth!  I'm sorry, Mrs. Corwin!  But please, let me know the truth, teach me how this is all really part of some plan that will help us find those Timmy pushers.  And...  and...  this, this is the mark of my need to know.

##Vote: Mrs. Corwin  ;_;

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 17, 2008, 07:59:02 AM »
Wow, so I get back from work, and everyone has piled on. Fantastic.
Not really.
Sarcasm.

It looks like the only way I'm going to clear this up to to paraphrase the specifics of my role PM as best I can without quoting it.
No it isn't, you could just explain it normally.
Nah this is easier, should clear up the confusion.
Hm, try it then,
Ok, here we go, pay attention:
+ My heads have to spend more time talking to each other than to anyone else.
+ My posts have to be conversations between my heads.
+ My heads have to have different opinions which they'll argue about (but they don't have to argue about things on topic)
+ Each head must have at least one third of my post
+ Each head must have different personalities.

Ok, so now the positive has done talking, I'm Mr. Negative and I'm going to crack out some opposing opinions.
First of all, Tonfa is wrong. It should be clear now that Mr. Positive has outlined my rules.
Yes, I did a good job.
No you didn't, you should have specified it earlier. Anyway:

As you can see, I don't have to disagree with everything. But, to avoid death due to modkill (and probably putting town into instant LYLO, since we've had 6 town dead in 2 days), I have been extremely careful to make sure that I've disagreed with one half of everything.

Now, I'm very concerned about this "stacks on" put me to -1 crap before I've even had a chance to reply. Serious, what the hell were you all thinking? The only reason I can see that I haven't been scumhammered, is that scum is already on the train.
I disagree, they know you're town and they don't want to hammer you 'cos it'll look sus.
That's WIFOM, go away.

I really hope that I paraphrased enough to avoid modkill for quoting PM.
Screw that, I hope we don't get modkilled for only one of us talking for too much.
Well, if I kept disagreeing with you, we'd be incomprehensible.
Bah.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 17, 2008, 08:27:59 AM »
I'm especially concerned about the willingness to put me at -1, within the first 6% of the day.
I understand that it might have looked like I'd made a restriction error, but now that you know the truth, this is inexcusable. the first 12 hours out of 72! Without even giving me a chance to reply....

But Mr Positive, these people have just lynched 2 townies in a row, what do you expect from them?

You helped! You were a part of that too.

But so were a good many other people, who we should also be looking at. Andrew, Tonfa, El Cid, Excal.

Sopko (8): Otter, Excal, El Cid, Dread Thomas, Tonfa, LadyDoor, Yakumo, Andrew
Smodge (6): EvilTom, AndrewRogue, Tonfa, El Cideon, El Cideon, Excal
These people also contributed to the mislynches. Out of them all, I'm still most suspicious of Andrew and Tonfa for low postcount/low-input games. They've both just gone along with mislynches in the past. This is the first time Tonfa's starting one.

Oh, and apparently we don't talk about Corwin. Apparently intentionally.
Pfft, that's a lie, Mr Positive. El Cid is wrong.
That's quite a feat, for someone who has only just started talking for himself. Well then, I think you're wrong.
I have proof.
Show me.
Ok:
http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=572.msg12216#msg12216
See, I do talk about Corwin. Not quite as much as Excal is though.

Corwin

• My Natsuki....
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 17, 2008, 09:13:28 AM »
http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=572.msg12297#msg12297

There are two Cids because one of them was originally in italics, and copy-pasting to Word for the wordcount and back didn't allow the style to survive. Re: Yakumo, as you'll notice I was quoting, and messing with quoted text is iffy. A two star post of effort on your part, though I have to wonder why so often you only resurface when prodded.

http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=572.msg12306#msg12306

I hope you don't mind if I comment on my own arguments? You did ask everyone. Have four stars for being helpful and not ruining my eyes when you post.

As per my previous stance of observing people who talk on their own and plenty, I backed off Shale earlier. I still thought him (and Excal) incredibly suspicious, but I was far more wary of leaving around people who hid behind their restrictions, and thus didn't contribute much of anything.

I also happened to be proven wrong on him when we saw his flip on a modkill. That made me rethink my stance on Cid, since part of what I've seen there was a dynamic between two scum supporting each other's claimed restrictions. Also, I must admit, gritting my teeth and everything in annoyance, that I haven't considered merely dropping letters and common phrases for Cid to quote, and it took seeing them in action to actually believe that Cid could contribute despite only quoting things. If he's scum, I salute him, because that shows a level of zeal to the game I believe I would have sadly lacked in his place to such an extent.

So who's left that I still suspect? Lady Door, whom I've pursued before quite a bit. I must reiterate that she is extremely low on content and tends to lurk (inexplicably, given that her posts are mandated to be short and have filler, at that) where merely picking up her posting pace would've gotten her over the restriction she claims. And finally, a personal reason – she hadn't really struck back at me in any serious way. After playing a few games with LD, I find that puzzling. My take on her is that if she believed I were scum, she would be all over me. And yet… she doesn't even defend herself against me by going all out, mostly dismissing parts of my arguments and defaulting to the words of others.

Next is Tonfa, for aforementioned low content. The only thing of value he had done so far was point out Tom. I intend to vote Tom, but… if Tom turns out to be incompetent town (again), then this means absolutely nothing and Tonfa comes out even more suspicious for me.

And Tom. I find the warning unlikely... but we did suffer two modkills already. Who knows. I do find that altering one's restriction or not stating it clearly enough when I called for the restriction claims and we all agreed to do that… well, it's a failure to be good town at best. If he is actually playing such a bad game as town, and isn't scum that slipped, I shudder at the thought of going into LYLO with him. I suppose his OMGUS tendency might've prevented me from commenting much on him. Then again, he was posting more than Tonfa and LD, and so I could live with that until he would finally tip off his hand; which he just had. Argue with my gaming approach all you like, but I find it working so far.

This does leave Excal as a suspect. I suspected him earlier in the game. Shale suspected him far more, to the point it agitated him enough to misclick and get modkilled. But finally, when faced with Tom's slip… he goes to vote for me. Yeah, call it OMGUS or whatever if you wish, but there's a way to say I'm suspicious the way Cid did while placing your vote where it should be. Never suffer scum to live. Ever. We have someone who broke his claimed posting restriction and Rat posting afterwards, with no modkills in sight. What possible reason could there be to NOT vote Tom? If you were defending Tom, that is one thing. I certainly tried to oppose the previous lynches. But this isn't how it goes, is it? There'll be more when I address that post directly.

http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=572.msg12350#msg12350

I think that's a star of fail. I never pushed hard for it? What else would you call pretty much standing up against a fully-formed train and urging people to abandon it and vote LD instead based on the case I presented and repeated several times? How would you describe arguing that while a part of my argument was shaky even by my own later admission, I still believed the rest of it was solid enough and asked others to consider it?

http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=572.msg12354#msg12354

Three stars for cementing my feeling on Tom, if nothing else. It's true I stopped calling for your lynch. This has two reasons: the first being that people didn't really care to agree with my case, and you are not the only one I consider scummy. Until Tom, I merely considered you the scummiest, but you were hardly alone. Anyone seeming sufficiently scummy to me was an acceptable target (certainly more so that people who seemed okay that were actually being lynched). The second reason was Shale's flip, and furthermore reconsidering Cid afterwards. I have been proven wrong on Shale, I could be wrong on Cid… this caused me to take a step back and tackle the issue from another direction. If it still lead me to the same general area, excellent. If not, well, then perhaps I would avoid tunnel vision.

http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=572.msg12373#msg12373

Yet another star of fail. I still intend to vote Tom before work is over, which is ~7 hours away, but I would like to hear what people already uncomfortable with Excal in this game have to say about this. He does not defend Tom. In fact, he accepts Tom's lynch as a done deal. He also doesn't actually object that Tom looks scummy; on the opposite, Excal is building off this scumminess to make connections to myself. Why are you suffering scum to live, Excal?

Also related, it's clever how you catch the minimum post length I have but ignore the other components of my restriction. Oh wait, no you don't. You reference them earlier in your post as something cleverly scummy. It's not exactly easy to always react rather than act, and what more do you need than a direct link to the post I'm referring to, however tangentially? It's only a click away.

EvilTom

• Dread Thomas
  • Denizen
  • G'day mate
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 17, 2008, 09:45:25 AM »
If he is actually playing such a bad game as town, and isn't scum that slipped, I shudder at the thought of going into LYLO with him.
What the hell? What is his problem?
He seems to think we've been playing badly.
What exactly is it we're supposed to have done wrong? Seriously; I said that I have two personalities that have to argue. And that has happened in every post. I never said they had to argue on every line. That was an incorrect assumption.

if Tom turns out to be incompetent town (again)
He's trying to stir us and incite us to anger.
No, he's just an arrogant prick.
No, I think he's trying to start an argument. Why is he being needlessly rude? I find this very offensive, as I've played well all game, and now he's jumping on this small misunderstanding as if-
Even if he's doing this on purpose because he's scum, that's why we hate playing here remember? Because of crap like this.

What possible reason could there be to NOT vote Tom?
Did he even read my explanations? I don't think so. Here's a reason: because I've already explained that your reasoning is grounded on a wrong assumption about my restriction!
No, he's making an assumption that we're scum, and building off it.
This is crazy.

Corwin's post is both offensive & fallacious; he's made no real attempt to view my case on it's merits, instead he's calling for a quick lynch, and a quick end to the day. This can only benefit scum.
On the other hand, he could be the incompetent town.
No, the vibe of his post is scummy as hell. He's going all out to get this lynch, no matter what.

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 17, 2008, 03:34:03 PM »
Alright you fucking post-quoting goat-raping ass-fucking asswipe.

WHERE THE HELL DO YOU GET OFF ON GIVING ME A VOTE!?  WHY DO YOU HAVE ANY DOUBT AS TO MY TOWNIENESS?!  JESUS TAP-DANCING SLAM-DUNKING CHRIST!  I FUCKING HATE YOU AND WANT TO RAPE YOU WITH A HARPOON GUN, RAMMED UP YOUR LITTLE TINY PEEHOLE, ASSUMING I CAN FIND THE MICROSCOPIC ENTITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I WAS RAPED LAST NIGHT, AND NOW I'M PISSED OFF AT YOU AND HATE YOU WITH A BLOODY BURNING PASSION FOR CALLING ME OUT AS A POTENTIAL VILLAIN!  HOW CAN YOU DENY THAT I AM TOWN, WHEN I AM ACTUALLY ABLE TO GIVE REAL CONTENT, YOU BLOODY DUMB-FUCK!?!?!?!?!?!?!  HUH!??!?!?!?!?!?!  OKIATUHIIAHWPIWCHTIA!!!  REMEMBER THE ACRONYM YOU LITTLE ASSTARD!!!  CAN YOU NOT READ, OR DO YOU JUST RANDOMLY PUT POSTS TOGETHER TO MAKE IT LOOK LIKE YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT THE HELL YOU'RE DOING?!!!!!!!!!  DO YOU THINK THAT IT'S FUNNY TO ATTACK THE BEST TOWNIE HERE!??!  WITH YOUR USELESS QUOTING AND PATHETIC ATTEMPTS TO MAKE AN ARGUMENT OUT OF MISH-MASHED POSTS OF OTHERS?!!  THEFT!?!?!?  THAT'S ALL YOU CAN DO, STEAL OTHERS' WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  GO TO HELL, ASS-MUNCHER!!!  I AM THE BEST TOWNIE HERE, NOT A SCUM AT ALL, SO GOING AFTER ME HAS TO BE THE WORK OF EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

##Vote: El-Cideon
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Corwin

• My Natsuki....
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 17, 2008, 03:52:40 PM »
http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=572.msg12380#msg12380

Tom in his two-star post asks whether I even read his explanations. I have. I just don't believe in them. Moreso, as I've noted, even if he is being incompetent as town (and by that I mean that he defined his restriction insufficiently when he should have, when we were all doing so) I'd rather not have him around at LYLO. But even though I'm allowing for the possibility, it is just that – a possibility. I still think him the most scummy, and said possibility of incompetence fairly unlikely.

http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=572.msg12397#msg12397

Oh god my eyes my brain my hate why can't I give this less than the one star? Why can't I go into the negatives? He cusses and he uses colors and bold and large font and why god what did I do to you recently?!

Also, where exactly does Cid actually vote for him? All I see is the vote/unvote Cid does for suspicion. I understand it's hard to have people suspect you and a tiny thing shrivels up and dies inside when that happens, but all I can ask here is why do you hate us all with your huge block of text?

Fine, then, I hate you too. And you voting reminds me that it's about the time I said I'd vote myself. If people actually have something they'd rather discuss before I hammer Tom, who certainly looks like he slipped… please say so. To get those in the US a chance to comment on this I'll place my vote when I get home from work, which should be under two hours from now, today.