Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 42!  (Read 1554 times)

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 42!
« on: April 08, 2011, 05:01:36 PM »

"Ah! You did win. How wonderful. Let us see if you can change your future today, then...as for the rest of you, I've seen you all before... do not disappoint me!"

Miata vs. Floor 3
Andy and Djinn vs. Floor 1

Team Andy's Matches

Floor 2b: The Forboding Forest (Earlygame)

"Hah! Welcome, fools, to this forest of mystery. It is here that you will all find certain doom. You will have to face those who have been lost themselves inside its formiddable brush, the natural denziens of this lush land... as well as a terrifying final encounter that will chill you to the very bone! So enter, if you dare, into this land of madness..."

Team Djinn's Matches

Floor 2a: The Crumbling Ruin (Earlygame)

"Welcome to this ruin! Here you find many mysteries... many many mysteries. Perhaps some adventurers, as well!"

Team Miata's Matches

Floor 4: Diff'rent Strokes (Midgame)

"Ah... heroes. They usually take all the spotlight, don't you think? Well, I've dedicated part of my own dungeon to those who serve faithfully in shadow of those heroes... but who never get truly regonized."

----------------

Team Andy | Souji, Chie, Yosuke, Teddie, Yukiko
[Floor 2b]
[Nigi Mitama, King Frost, Rahkshasa, Andra, Phoenix, Matador, Kaiwan, Sararsvati, Shiisa, Principality, Ippon-Datara, Matador]
Team Andy vs. FFT Red Chocobo, Black Chocobo and Yellow Chocobo
Team Andy vs. FF3 Geomancer, FF5 Geomancer and FFT Geomancer
Team Andy vs. Mispolm and Deneb
Team Andy vs. Spar, Frog and Bo
Team Andy vs. Sudowoodo, Bowyer and Yumi (S3)

Team Djinn | Terra, Lenneth, Yuri1, DQ Hero, Ditto w/ QuickPowder (Love Love)
[Floor 2a]
Team Djinn vs. Flay and Nikki
Team Djinn vs. Jack (ACF) and Rudy (WA1o)
Team Djinn vs. Opera and Ernest
Team Djinn vs. Cliff and Mirage
Team Djinn vs. Vyse and Aika

Team Miata | Lenneth, Aika, Alicia, Kevin (Firefly) Strago
[Floor 4]
Team Miata vs. Kyra, Raja, Hahn and Gryz
Team Miata vs. Palom, Porom, Cid and Yang
Team Miata vs. Albel, Roger Huxley and Peppita
Team Miata vs. Gandar, Belenus, Lawfer, Arngrim and Shiho
Team Miata vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf and Reis

Firefly - The first attack of each enemy will be redirected at the bearer of this sealstone. Multitarget attacks will focus on the bearer only. (E.g. MT Attack will hit the bearer (# of allies) times. (A 5 person party would have them be hit 5 times.))

Love Love - Damage is increased by 50% against same-sex targets and reduced by 50% against different-sex targets. This applies to both enemies and allies. This is neutral against or from those without a sex.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 06:04:32 PM by Nephrite »

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 42!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 01:54:39 AM »
Ahem. Sorry. Forgot to do that.

Nigi Mitama, King Frost, Rahkshasa, Andra, Phoenix, Matador, Kaiwan, Sararsvati, Shiisa, Principality, Ippon-Datara, Matador

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 02:57:47 AM »

Abstain on Andy- Too many enemy lookups for me, I think. Like I'm supposed to know what a Mispolm is.

Djinn  passes- Lenneth is still very good early

[Floor 4]
Team vs. Kyra, Raja, Hahn and Gryz- Let's see. Aika probably uses Delta Shield. Kyra does Def up though, so the one semi dangerous person (Gryz) actually gets to see a turn  unless Strago takes him out, which he likely can. Alicia and Lenneth probably opt to kill Raja. Although I guess Hahn still then gets to ID Kevin, but yeah.
Team vs. Palom, Porom, Cid and Yang
Team vs. Albel, Roger Huxley and Peppita- This fight could pose a few difficulties only because the enemies can theoretically keep status coming. But Firefly should work well enough here
Team vs. Gandar, Belenus, Lawfer, Arngrim and Shiho
Team vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf and Reis- Mostly gutchecks but lots of ST here, and of course neuturing the dangerous mages always helps.
...into the nightfall.

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 03:17:19 AM »
Mispolm is a Seiken Densetsu 3 boss who is a giant pumpkin.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2011, 06:28:01 AM »
I'd vote against Djinn, except that Ditto's Transform isn't affected by Protect, so he turns into Vyse and starts throwing 5 Pirate's Wraths at them.  Possible that the SO3 team could nuke Ditto's PP, but QuickPowder means he probably transforms before they get a turn, and then he doesn't have any Transform charges to even hit post-transformation, I believe.  Otherwise, Djinn cruises unless Nikki can OHKO Lenneth, which I don't think so (Nikki's best damage requires backloading some charges, right?).

[Floor 4]
Team vs. Kyra, Raja, Hahn and Gryz
I'll assume Mia can hack it here.
Team vs. Palom, Porom, Cid and Yang
lol delta shield.
Team vs. Albel, Roger Huxley and Peppita
No resurrection here, and they have to waste their first time messing up Kevin who doesn't matter.
Team vs. Gandar, Belenus, Lawfer, Arngrim and Shiho
Ugh giant average speed vs. average speed headache.  Anyway, Great Magic is still the main threat here assuming the first PWSes clear out Kevin, and that gets answered by Delta Shield, so the VP team is stuck with killing Kevin at best turn 1.  That should give everyone else time to whittle down the numbers. Alternatively, Swirlmarang also can render a mage useless if average speed is tiebroken for Team Mia while the other mage is taken down by the beaters.
Team vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf and Reis
Reis tames Kevin hype?!  (yeah no.)  Once more Firefly saves the day here, this team has no healing so they just plain lose once they start losing members.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 05:54:00 PM by SnowFire »

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2011, 03:15:02 PM »

Team Andy | Souji, Chie, Yosuke, Teddie, Yukiko
[Floor 2b]
Team vs. FFT Red Chocobo, Black Chocobo and Yellow Chocobo
Team vs. FF3 Geomancer, FF5 Geomancer and FFT Geomancer
Team vs. Mispolm and Deneb
Team vs. Spar, Frog and Bo
Team vs. Sudowoodo, Bowyer and Yumi (S3)- Abstain for now, this team needs some research.

[Floor 2a]
Team vs. Flay and Nikki
Team vs. Jack and Rudy- Void wipes most of the team out. I don't think they can recover from this. (Jack is the fastest person here offhand)
Team vs. Opera and Ernest
Team vs. Cliff and Mirage
Team vs. Vyse and Aika

[Floor 4]
Team vs. Kyra, Raja, Hahn and Gryz- Confuse Gryz, Lenneth+Alicia one round someone. Pretty standard.
Team vs. Palom, Porom, Cid and Yang- Yang is the only above average person here *Flush*.
Team vs. Albel, Roger Huxley and Peppita- Confuse Peppita. The rest of the fight isn't dangerous on it's own- some MP busting and status may happen, but odds are it isn't enough to be scary.
Team vs. Gandar, Belenus, Lawfer, Arngrim and Shiho- Confuse Lawfer, murder Shiho (Lenneth/Alicia win the speed tiebreak for me here), revive Kevin when he gets MURDERED by a brutal PWS. Team should be in decent shape for the boss.
Team vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf and Reis-Reis isn't threatening, Beo and Worker are below average speed. Cloud may get an ST off, but that's it. Worker is getting confused by Aika, Lenneth/Alicia/Strago/Kevin focus on smashing Beo's face in before he gets a turn. Even if he *does* get a turn, pretty sure the team can recover from that.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2011, 04:11:32 PM »
[Floor 2a]
Team vs. Flay and Nikki
Team vs. Jack and Rudy- Void wipes most of the team out. I don't think they can recover from this. (Jack is the fastest person here offhand)
Team vs. Opera and Ernest
Team vs. Cliff and Mirage
Team vs. Vyse and Aika

That Jack and Rudy has been clarified in previous weeks to have their ACF forms.  Jack's still fast, but nowhere near as dangerous as his WA1o form.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2011, 04:32:17 PM »
I think everyone makes it.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2011, 04:52:06 PM »
If it's ACF, tenative pass to Djinn's team.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2011, 06:49:18 PM »
It's ACF Jack and WAo1 Rudy.

Bardiche

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2011, 03:33:56 PM »
All teams pass as far as I can see.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2011, 05:01:29 PM »
All teams pass as far as I can see.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2011, 03:55:47 PM »
Apparently I didn't vote yet! Everybody passes Want to argue some for Peppita but lazy~

I will say Albel, Peppita and Roger have the strongest base physicals of the SO3 cast in the DL for what that's worth! So even if they are reduced to base physicals only (which is apparently what Aika's confusion does) they are still packing some damage and Peppita's counters might still trigger for MP damage/chaos for extras (in game if she's going to use a physical and the enemy attacks at the same time she'll go into a counter animation instead though not sure how/if that translates) Unfortunately without their main status moves and Peppita's buffs/Faerie Friend Kevin is taking the heat of what they have left.
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2011, 12:01:59 AM »
All teams pass!

Especially me.