Register

Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 43  (Read 2513 times)

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 43
« on: April 21, 2011, 11:58:54 PM »

"Well, well! It seems you have survived again. Let us continue then."

Miata vs. Floor 4
Djinn and Andy vs. Floor 2

Team Andy's Matches

Floor 3b: Multiply

"Welcome... It seems things have been a bit boring as late around here. Let's spice things up by increasing the range on abilities! Be careful, it isn't just your own! Hahahaha!"

Team Djinn's Matches

"Hah! I see you'd like to narrow your field a bit. Very well then, let us see what you can accomplish."

Team Miata's Matches

Floor 5: Ceaseheal

"Let us see what you can all do when you can no longer heal yourselves as you're used to! Hahahaha!"

----------------

Team Andy | Souji, Chie, Yosuke, Teddie, Yukiko
[Floor 3b: Multiply]
[Souji's Personas: <CHOOSE SOME> AGAIN]
**All attacks, regardless of original ability, hit either all enemies or all allies for this floor.
Team Andy vs. Marcus, Seth and Titania
Team Andy vs. FF1 White Wizard, FFT Priest, FF5 White Mage and FF3DS White Mage
Team Andy vs. Lynx, Harle, Glenn and Serge
Team Andy vs. Alma and Kresnik
*Full Heal
Team Andy vs. Golbez (DS), Cagnazzo (DS), Mist Dragon (DS) and Baigan (DS)

Team Djinn | Terra, Lenneth, Yuri1, DQ Hero, Ditto w/ QuickPowder (Love Love)
[Floor 3a: Singlet]
**All attacks are ST
Team Djinn vs. Chris, Rody, Alanis and Melville
Team Djinn vs. Kiryl and Angelo
Team Djinn vs. Ryu2 and Bow
Team Djinn vs. Flora (WoZ)
*Full Heal
Team Djinn vs. Zog and Goda

Team Miata | Lenneth, Aika, Alicia, Kevin (Firefly) Strago
[Floor 5a: Ceaseheal]
*On this floor, team healing effects (not enemy) are reduced to 10% and revival may not be used.
Team Miata vs. Reno, Rude and Elena (Midgar forms)
Team Miata vs. Krin, Karn and Locke
Team Miata vs. Yulie and Yukiko
Team Miata vs. Mua, Fred and Cecil
Team Miata vs. Berle

Firefly - The first attack of each enemy will be redirected at the bearer of this sealstone. Multitarget attacks will focus on the bearer for that first attack only. (E.g. MT Attack will hit the bearer (# of allies) times. (A 5 person party would have them be hit 5 times.))

Love Love - Damage is increased by 50% against same-sex targets and reduced by 50% against different-sex targets. This applies to both enemies and allies. This is neutral against or from those without a sex.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 04:04:50 AM by Nephrite »

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 43
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 11:59:08 PM »
ANDY CHOOSE PERSONAS YOU GOOBER

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 01:43:23 AM »
Sorry. Was in a hurry last night >_<

Ose (strong physical, void electric, weak wind; Power Slash, Atom Smasher, Power Charge, Poison Mist, Poison Boost, Auto-Sukukaja, Survive Light)
Pyro Jack (drain fire, weak ice; Agilao, Tarunda, Marakukaja, Maragion, Auto-Rakukaja, Resist Ice)
Ganga (drain ice, weak fire, weak dark; Bufula, Diarama, Dekaja, Mind Slice, Confuse Boost, Mediarama, Evade Fire)
Titania (void ice, weak fire; Diarama, Magaru, Red Wall, Garula, Regenerate 2, Mind Charge)
Setanta (void electric, weak fire; Fatal End, Zionga, Sharp Student, Counterstrike, Power Charge, Auto-Marakukaja, Null Fire)
Unicorn (void ice, weak wind, weak dark; Zionga, Mahama, Nervundi, Dekunda, Trafuri, Recarm, Mazionga)
Undine (drain ice, weak fire; Diarama, Bufula, Posumudi, Mabufula, Mediarama, Ice Boost)
Fortuna (void fire, void wind, weak electric; Garula, Rakukaja, Dodge Elec, Magarula, Auto-Sukukaja, Wind Boost)
Oni (strong physical, void fire; Fatal End, Counter, Cruel Attack, Atom Smasher, Resist Physical, Endure, Power Charge)
Mithra (void ice, void light, weak electric; Mahama, Seal Bomb, Tetra Break, Hamaon, Dodge Elec, Hama Boost, Null Mute)
Incubus (void fire, void dark, weak light; Agilao, Evil Smile, Mind Slice, Stagnant Air, Spirit Drain, Ghastly Wail)
Neko Shogun (reflect electric, strong physical, void light, void dark, weak wind; Zionga, Elec Boost, Black Spot, Mediarama, Matarukaja, Evade Wind, Divine Grace)

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 03:23:17 AM »
**All attacks are ST
Yuri takes down Rody, Lenneth / Terra take down Chris.
This, on the other hand, is a potential problem.  Angelo and Kiryl spam ID at Lenneth and Terra.  Yuri and DQ Hero take down one of the Clerics (wait, Love Love helps here, so this isn't quite so bad).  There's still one alive, and they aim at Ditto (who transformed into Angelo prolly).  If Ditto dies, there are no more revivers left and Djinn is screwed.  The odds on all three ID hitting aren't great, and I think they need to, but it's there; Djinn CAN fail on this level, and I'll hold that against him if he needs good luck later.
Same as the above but even if Bow's ID hits, Yuri & DQ Hero kill Bow, and Ryu2 loses his OHKO on turn 2, so Ditto can start reviving people as Terra.
Dunno Wizard of Oz.
*Full Heal
Lenneth can slowly solo these losers.  Very slowly, since they're male, but safely.

Pass conditional on others saying Djinn can beat Flora, though.

Team Miata... is facing the same Floor 4 again?

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 03:31:09 AM »
Whoops, fixing that.

EDIT: Fixed.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 04:05:01 AM by Nephrite »

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 04:58:48 AM »
*On this floor, team healing effects (not enemy) are reduced to 10% and revival may not be used.
Don't think the three of them can kill Kevin in a round anyway, as I hold lategame FF7 bosses against heavily upgraded HP+ materia.  Kill Elena then whoever has the next best damage, then coast.  Heal is merely 8% Healing, and Sacrulen is functionally 10%, but 18% combined with Guard Reinforce (crappy as it apparently is in VP2) should be able to heal past the surviving Turk's damage and allow the team to go into the next battle mostly fresh.  If you see the Turks as having more damage, then Strago throws in an MP-expensive Big Guard as well, but that should stack with Guard Reinforce and also doesn't really wear off.
They can't OHKO Kevin, Sour Mouth, win, heal up.
I think they both die before Strago's turn anyway.  Yulie certainly does.  Perhaps evade hype can save Yukiko here, but she doesn't have much to do if she does get a turn.  Revive Yulie?  They're both just going to eat Sour Mouth then.  Burn Kevin, maybe, but eventually Sour Mouth is going to hit, and it doesn't cost that much MP.  And there's Delta Shield anyway so uh FAN BEATDOWn.
I should probably look up speeds here as there's enough offense to kill Kevin if they all get relevant turns, but suspect Kevin / Lenneth /Alicia can kill at least one person who's below average speed, then Sour Mouth.  (Aika can also confuse one of them, but I don't think it matters - SoA confusion is "must spam attack" and there's only one legal target).
Team Miata vs. Berle
Berle needs to waste his first turn attacking Kevin, who's *still* not dead thanks to the cornocupia of status allowing free healing turns.  This means Strago casts Big Guard, which enables the team to easily turtle through Berle's invincibility before resuming the beatdown.

Firefly is pretty good on this floor.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 07:02:03 AM »
No vote on Djinn's team (or any other for that matter) but I will say that against Flora if he has multiple revivers (not counting Ditto) it should pose too much of a problem assuming he gets there in good enough shape.  Granted Love Love might be hurting more than it'd help since Flora is durable and on the speedy side, but Flora kinda needs to devote both of her actions to blowing someone up and she doesn't quiiiiiiiite manage the OHKO to average with a Magic Charge + ST spell.  The question of whether he can get to that point in good enough shape isn't one I can answer though.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 09:09:54 AM »
It's notable that I have four revivers by this floor if you allow Ditto to transform into any of Lenneth, Terra, or Yuri1. ST floor isn't scary at this point.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2011, 10:21:46 AM »
It's notable that I have four revivers by this floor if you allow Ditto to transform into any of Lenneth, Terra, or Yuri1. ST floor isn't scary at this point.

I know that Lenneth starts with Invoke Feather for revival, but two things might need to be stated for the sake of argument:
Terra picks up Life at Level 18.  Her having it this early is up to interpretation, as the stat topic is posted at level 40, making the ending levels that show up on this floor 15-17 or somewhere thereabouts.  If you're even a little generous with levels, however, she has it.
Yuri1 doesn't get revival until form 3 of his Light fusions (F5 at the earliest, as the Light Gravestone is in Roger Bacon's house), or with Amon (DEFINITELY F6).  It's Yuri2 that gets revival fairly early, all told.

So, essentially, you have 1+1 revivers if people are stingy/strict/see levels as going up slower in the earlygame, or 2+1 revivers if people are generous/lenient/see levels as going up faster in the earlygame.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 10:37:02 AM by Magic Fanatic »

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2011, 03:08:24 PM »
Yeah, no way Yuri1 has a revival spell yet.

As for Terra, lvl. 18 is roughly Opera House territory.  Sure, Terra isn't part of your party then, but that's certainly Floor 3 to me.  She'll certainly have it for the Sealed Cave which is late Floor 3 / early Floor 4 regardless.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2011, 04:15:34 PM »
Djinn and Andy pass, Miata gets worn down to quickly to make it through the floor.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2011, 09:03:19 AM »
**All attacks, regardless of original ability, hit either all enemies or all allies for this floor.
Team Andy vs. Marcus, Seth and Titania- Enemy team may not see a turn.
Team Andy vs. Lynx, Harle, Glenn and Serge
*Full Heal
Team Andy vs. Golbez (DS), Cagnazzo (DS), Mist Dragon (DS) and Baigan (DS)- Souji usually can access some higher level of spells than allies can, so his damage is good. Yousuke's magic is solid. Both generally go before most of the floor.

**All attacks are ST
*Full Heal
Team Djinn vs. Zog and Goda- Only 2 fights have any danger and one of those fights...Lenneth comes in blocking ID and Lenneth has lots of revival.

Team Miata vs. Reno, Rude and Elena (Midgar forms)- Yeah, the three of them can't KO in one round together (let alone Kevin). However, they come pretty close (assuming they get all their turns). Kevin has 121% HP. Ideal best is Reno and Elena both go, and than Alicia/Lenneth go before Rude and knock him out. That's about 50% HP to average, and Kevin probably gets out with around them much damage at worst (they can stall, but then they are doing 18% healing which at worst cancels out Elena's damage. And both Reno and Elena are decent likely to see another turn)
Team Miata vs. Krin, Karn and Locke- All three of these guys do about 25% damage, all three get turns. Gut is that Kevin falls here. Granted, afterward they can control things down pretty well.
Team Miata vs. Yulie and Yukiko- Normally this would be very scary (Yukiko unleashes MT pain, Yukiko starts off with 75% evade, can't even aim at her first because imagine the horror of Yulie buffing Yukiko), but Delta Shield ruins that. VPers OHKO Yulie, Strago status Yukiko (Or whatever)
Team Miata vs. Mua, Fred and Cecil- Things look more difficult here. My gut is that VPers can't OHKO anyone (Well, they certainly can't get Fred or Mua with that evasion). In which case, Strago is dying. They can pick up Cecil next round at least, but Fred and Mua are starting to cut into the remaining HP. Aika may have some MT magic to at least throw in potentially every round, making her the next target (And not a durable one at that). The team will get through this I maybe, but...not well off and likely with only 2 of them at best.
Team Miata vs. Berle- At this point they are just overwhelmed. Berle is durable, especially after that defense.

I feel like I could be argued, but 10% healing hurts and they are taking a lot of hits.
...into the nightfall.

Bardiche

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2011, 10:16:50 PM »
Andrew has the Persona headache going on now, so I'll just vote pass for Djinn and leave it at that. :V

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2011, 10:39:07 PM »

Team Andy vs. Marcus, Seth and Titania- MT evasion buff makes this fight a joke.
Team Andy vs. FF1 White Wizard, FFT Priest, FF5 White Mage and FF3DS White Mage- Souji/Yosuke/Chie smash the field.
Team Andy vs. Lynx, Harle, Glenn and Serge- Damage or status, either works.
Team Andy vs. Alma and Kresnik- Yeah, Andy's team is built to smash the shit out of this floor.
*Full Heal
Team Andy vs. Golbez (DS), Cagnazzo (DS), Mist Dragon (DS) and Baigan (DS)- Tenative. Open with defense buffs and just outlast. Evasion/defense buffs should seriously slow down the enemy team, and they have trouble hitting elemental weaknesses themselves.

**All attacks are ST
*Full Heal

>_< Abstain for now.  This team gives me a headache.

Team Miata vs. Berle- Bet they just get worn down. This team kind of sucks at blitzing.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2011, 06:14:10 AM »
Team Andy vs. Marcus, Seth and Titania
Team Andy vs. Lynx, Harle, Glenn and Serge - The fact that Andy needs to kill both Lynx and Serge before they get a turn (Serge auto-hitting Weakness and Lynx having Hellbound) means I'm abstaining on him!  I can't decide either way.
*Full Heal
Team Andy vs. Golbez (DS), Cagnazzo (DS), Mist Dragon (DS) and Baigan (DS)

**All attacks are ST
Team Djinn vs. Ryu2 and Bow - Ryu gets to kill anyone he wants once and Bow has 50% ID.  Djinn doesn't have TOO much of a problem, but it's still dangerous.
*Full Heal
Team Djinn vs. Zog and Goda - Sure.

Team Miata vs. Berle - Works for me, I suppose.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2011, 06:57:25 AM »
One question.  Did Miata ever decide what Kevin's upgrade path was?!  It occurs to me that this probably should have been noted some time ago...  if it was always Light, then Kevin also has Heal Light for this floor, which matters if you see Kevin as able to survive the first two rounds, but needs more healing support to survive.  But it feels slightly cheesy to be able to pick so late, too.

So to continue on Team Miata...  as a reminder, you can either blitz the no-heal floor, or you can status / trivialize your opponent's damage then slowly heal up anyway.  Match 2, if Kevin is alive, is trivial - those three can't deal with status, and Miata has infinite healing.  Match 3 is also a laugher with Delta Shield.  Match 4 is potentially troublesome, but if Kevin is alive, then the worst that happens is that Kevin dies, pretty much.  (Though granted, with Yellow Scarf hype, they aren't easily statusable.  Still, Strago magic damage should help kill them moderately fast.)  Therefore I think the match really turns on if the Turks can blitz out Kevin or not in the first two rounds, or if Turk damage is scary enough that Team Miata can't stall (and thus Kevin dies in Match 2).  

Kevin has 121% HP, and VP2 Heal is 80% that (= .968 PCHP = .0968 PCHP on this floor).  Aika's Sacrulen is 100%, albeit not quite infinitely spammable due to SP concerns, so .121 PCHP.  Since she can only use it 2/3 of the turns, call it .08 PCHP.  Additionally, Kevin may (! see above) have Heal Light, which is, what, 50% healing or so?  So .06 PCHP more.  Maybe.  Lastly, there's Big Guard + Guard Reinforce.  Guard Reinforce apparently kind of sucks, but there's nothing listed in the stat topic about its actual effectiveness.  Assuming it does anything, let's call it 15% reduction in damage.  Big Guard is another 33% reduction.

Now, Reno4's listed damage is 1500 FF7 damage for late Disc 2.  With both defensive buffs in place, that comes out to 850 damage.  The team can heal ~.18 PCHP with Bashkar Kevin or ~.24 PCHP with Monk Kevin.  That comes out to needing to see PCHP the Turks face as 4722 HP for healing to stay afloat with Dark Kevin, or 3541 HP with Light Kevin.  I know view vary here, but as already I noted I consider leveling up your storebought HP+ materia pretty much obligatory, and would send the Turks against 6000-7000 HP, so it's a laugher for me.  But interesting to compute it out regardless.  (And as noted above, if Kevin survives fight 1, then he survives fights 2 and 3, and should make it so that the party enters fight 5 in decent shape.)

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2011, 03:45:18 PM »
One problem though is that Elena has a MT physical technique. It's not as strong as some of her other stuff, but it's hitting Kevin 5 times and more than doubles her damage against him.

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2011, 11:48:18 PM »
No, I don't think Miata ever did, of course, I never asked. I would say Light would be the best option myself, though.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2011, 08:48:48 AM »
One of Elena's moves is MT? Guess that means turn 1 she does 3250 instead of 1000, which...even throwing in the extra healing for Kevin may be a sinker (Would help a lot of I saw both Alicia and Lenneth being able to cast. Aika also can only use Sacralen 50% of the time, not 67%. Not to mention that slightly doing better than enemy damage won't really cut it. Feels like a lot to go this team way since as mentioned, in the next fight, Kevin is definitely eating 75% PC HP damage before any healing comes into play.
...into the nightfall.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2011, 12:14:06 PM »
According to Apathetic Aardvark's FAQ:
   Attacks

Kick [1 Enemy] [1427.5], Bewildered [1 Enemy] [Confusion], Throw
         [All Enemies] [1142] [Fire], Throw [1 Enemy] [856.5]

Notes

Tips/Tricks: Throw [The Fire Version] will be the first attack used in
         the battle, even before your sneak attacks can go off.  It will also
         be used any time she goes into the front row.  Bewildered will be used
         any time she retreats to the back row.  Steal the Minerva Band!

It's fire-elemental, but it is MT and it apparently has crazy initiative.  If you want to hold the other Turks to their programming or not is your choice, but if you do, it does mean that Miata has no time to heal between taking out the more dangerous Turks and the next fight, unless the turn order goes crazy.

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2011, 01:47:54 PM »
One of Elena's moves is MT? Guess that means turn 1 she does 3250 instead of 1000, which...even throwing in the extra healing for Kevin may be a sinker (Would help a lot of I saw both Alicia and Lenneth being able to cast. Aika also can only use Sacralen 50% of the time, not 67%. Not to mention that slightly doing better than enemy damage won't really cut it. Feels like a lot to go this team way since as mentioned, in the next fight, Kevin is definitely eating 75% PC HP damage before any healing comes into play.

White Apocalypse is MT.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2011, 04:27:34 PM »

White Apocalypse is MT.

Wrong Elena.

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2011, 05:16:59 PM »
<-dumbass, ignore me please
-------------------

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2011, 02:12:30 AM »
Didn't know Elena had an MT move.  I'm keeping my vote but it becomes downright scary for Team Miata, and I know my FF7 boss damage disrespect isn't shared by all, so a fail is totally understandable.

However, Aika can still Sacrulen 2/3 of the turns just fine.  It costs 6 SP, she has 3 SP a round for free, so  Focus / Sacrulen / Sacrulen / repeat.

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2011, 06:35:40 AM »
Aika may very well not have that third SP point by this time in the game.
-------------------