Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 44  (Read 1451 times)

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 44
« on: May 03, 2011, 11:23:59 PM »

"Ah, I am sorry to see one go. However, the Wheel of Fate is always turning..."

Team Miata vs. Dungeon
Team Djinn and Andy vs. Dungeon

----------------

Team Andy | Souji, Chie, Yosuke, Teddie, Yukiko
[Floor 4]
[Black Frost and then like what 11 others whateverz]
Team Andy vs. Hahn, Tia, Luna, Mareg and Shana
Team Andy vs. Palom, Porom, Cid and Yang
Team Andy vs. Albel, Roger Huxley and Peppita
Team Andy vs. Gandar, Belenus, Lawfer, Arngrim and Shiho
Team Andy vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf and Reis

Team Djinn | Terra, Lenneth, Yuri1, DQ Hero, Ditto w/ QuickPowder (Love Love)
[Floor 4]
Team Djinn vs. Hahn, Tia, Luna, Mareg and Shana
Team Djinn vs. Palom, Porom, Cid and Yang
Team Djinn vs. Albel, Roger Huxley and Peppita
Team Djinn vs. Gandar, Belenus, Lawfer, Arngrim and Shiho
Team Djinn vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf and Reis

Team Super | Edgar, Maxim, Zemeckis(Speed?) and Brig Hydra, Hawk, Kyra
[Floor 1]
Team Super vs. Hrist (VP1), Evil Gaia, Big Joe and Gorudo
Team Super vs. Rand, Cecil and Duran
Team Super vs. Blissey, Axem Green, Sharanda (LoD) and Lucius
Team Super vs. Milon Z, Kainazzo and Garland (FF1)
*Full Heal
Team Super vs. Laggy Fantasy Tactics Queklain

Love Love - Damage is increased by 50% against same-sex targets and reduced by 50% against different-sex targets. This applies to both enemies and allies. This is neutral against or from those without a sex.

Speed? - The speed of the bearer is set to 120% average speed and may not be increased. The rest of the team is set to 95% of their normal speed (not set to 95% period) and may have their speed increased.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 06:08:00 AM by Nephrite »

Bardiche

Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 44
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 12:26:50 AM »
[Floor 4]
Team Djinn vs. Kyra, Raja, Hahn and Gryz - Should be able to handle this through Yuri1 taking out Hahn, then taking out the rest of the enemies.
Team Djinn vs. Palom, Porom, Cid and Yang - Would have to check, think they handle the twins just fine and Yang/Cid aren't threatening to an entire party.
Team Djinn vs. Albel, Roger Huxley and Peppita - I think Djinn's averagespeed team falls here, though. Yuri1 goes first and... damages Albel or Roger. Maybe both. I don't think he can outright kill them though. Definitely not Peppita. If anything Yuri1 might want to go into defence mode instead, because when Albel takes his turn he OHKOs Yuri1. Else it takes the combined effort of Roger and Albel... Lenneth can do whatever on her turn and it won't matter, she's not killing Peppita.

Peppita then Panic Dances and the fight goes downhill, as Yuri1 is dead and either Albel/Roger are hurt and so is DQ Hero, or they're just fine and so is DQ Hero. I don't think Ditto/DQ Hero can turn the fight around enough, especially if Panic Dance is GT and hits Ditto as well. Mrf.

Team Djinn vs. Gandar, Belenus, Lawfer, Arngrim and Shiho - They DO handle this.
Team Djinn vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf and Reis - But this is iffy again. Beowulf doesn't die to Yuri, busts Lenneth or Terra with Status while Worker 8/Cloud take out Yuri, Reis ends Terra. Ditto's changed into someone, probably Beowulf? I don't know, I just don't think Team Djinn can win this fight either.

Which pretty much means a fail for Team Djinn, unless there are enlightening opinions.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 12:37:00 AM »
Team Super passes without too much trouble, I think.  No vote on the other teams.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 12:59:17 AM »
Team Andy vs. Kyra, Raja, Hahn and Gryz- Hahn can't ever get a turn, and I don't think Andy's team can stop that.
Team Andy vs. Palom, Porom, Cid and Yang

My team passes. Edgar mauls floor 1.

[Floor 4]
Team Djinn vs. Kyra, Raja, Hahn and Gryz- Think so. This team has no elemental weaknesses to exploit like Andy's, and Love love gives him a huge damage boost.
Team Djinn vs. Palom, Porom, Cid and Yang- Yang can put one PC to sleep! DQ hero+Terra should kill Palom at that point, and Lenneth should one round Porom. Fight should be academic at that point.
Team Djinn vs. Albel, Roger Huxley and Peppita- This fight entirely depends on a bunch of speed calls. I think team Djinn wins on average, though.
Team Djinn vs. Gandar, Belenus, Lawfer, Arngrim and Shiho- Going to have to think about the last two fights some.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 02:58:24 AM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

• Suggests the birth of an abomination
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 04:27:46 AM »
[Floor 4]
Revising to fit new layout

[Floor 4]
Revising to fit new layout

[Floor 1]
Team Super vs. Hrist (VP1), Evil Gaia, Big Joe and Gorudo - lolscrubs.
Team Super vs. Rand, Cecil and Duran - Noiseblaster, Hewn.
Team Super vs. Blissey, Axem Green, Sharanda (LoD) and Lucius - Noiseblaster, Hewn.
Team Super vs. Milon Z, Kainazzo and Garland (FF1) - Hewn.
*Full Heal
Team Super vs. Laggy Fantasy Tactics Queklain - For a change of pace, Flaeli.  Also Hawk doublehits and whatever Zemeckis has got going for him.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 06:46:49 AM by Namagomi »
<+Nama-EmblemOfFire> ...Have the GhebFE guy and the ostian princess guy collaborate.
 <@Elecman> Seems reasonable.

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 06:08:24 AM »
I have changed the first fight of Floor 4. My apologies.

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 03:11:43 PM »
Team Andy still fails. Yang with ELEMENTAL CLAWS+STATUS CLAWS YES is probably too much for them to handle, he's putting two PC's to sleep a round.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------

Bardiche

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2011, 03:24:24 PM »
I still think Djinn fails, too.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2011, 06:20:22 PM »
Scrapped old post since it was just about floor 4.

Going with Andy fails now, just because I had forgotten about Elemental Claws+Sleep. Yang can now disrupt both Yosuke and Chie, and that means a twin gets a turn to mess with Souji. And then Yang probably gets another turn.

Speeds- Ditto- 120ish
Yuri- 110ish or whatever/SH 1 speed is wonky
Lenneth, DQ Hero- Average by Definition
Terra- 97ish at endgame, don't know how it falls out now
[Floor 4]
Team Djinn vs. Hahn, Tia, Luna, Mareg and Shana- Shana is 110% Speed (Likely slower than Yuri to me), Tia is 118%, the other three are all slower than Djinn's team.

New match is weird. It's a lot easier if you don't see Shana with SP. But as I do, she deliver a whop to Terra...but Lenneth resists it and Yuri and DQ Hero, who would be OHKOed about, are saved from the worst of it. Tia can likely finish up Terra though, however Yuri can heal between Tia and Shana to keep Terra alive (This seems ideal). So going into the average speed, Yuri, Lenneth and Hero (and probably Ditto) are about at 75%, Terra is at about 25%-30%. Lenneth heals Terra and attacks (45% Damage), Terra transforms and can likely smite with Fire (Call it 80%ish**) and Hero has average. Problem is I think that only 1 person can be offed with these numbers. Hahn has 60% MT ID (Which can be blocked by Lenneth, Yuri and likely Ditto). Luna has 80% MT Sleep (Blocked by Terra and Lenneth if you want to assume Freeze). I'm assuming that they kill Luna as the MT Sleep is worse. Hahn will probably only be taking out Hero then...although Nazan+BKS actually is probably the way to go. This will off Yuri. For argument sakes, let's say Ditto turned into Lenneth (Terra takes too much damage early, Lenneth doesn't and has revival) and revives Yuri and can finish off whoever Terra started on (Say Hahn). Tia does something negligible, Shana revives Luna and reverts to human form. Shana, Luna, Mareg, Tia are all basically at full. Terra is at full, Ditto Lenneth and Lenneth at 55%, Hero at 25%, Yuri at 20% (Also...Yuri probably no longer can transform due to low SP). Terra, Lenneth and Hero repeat a similar strategy and kill off Luna again and badly damage. At this point, I think they can ride it out, but it's a bit bumpy to get there. Still for time, full heal into next match

**I'm assuming that Fire 2 is relatively lower than Fire 3 for the simple reason of Level has a notably more potent effects on magic (right?) and therefore at midgame magic won't pack as much punch.

Team Djinn vs. Palom, Porom, Cid and Yang- Yang is 133% speed, twins are slow. Any of them can basically mess someone up pretty well. Yang likely chooses Yuri, and then a twin likely gets a turn (Lenneth can off one, but...not sure Terra and Hero can get there). If they don't, the twin messes with Terra, Yang's next turn messes with Ditto Lenneth, but then Lenneth finishes off the twin, status heals someone else at the same time, and the team is fine.

Team Djinn vs. Albel, Roger Huxley and Peppita- Albel and Roger have Confuse which is now unblocked. Peppita is likely opting for unblocked Freeze. Yuri unleashes some MT pain early, Ditto transforms. On average speed, enemy, ally, enemy, ally, enemy. Problem being that Enemy 1 statuses Lenneth, Enemy 2 status Terra, Enemy 3 statuses Ditto. However, Yuri can then come around and unleash more MT. Granted, this plus Hero can finish someone (not Albel likely, for all it matters off), and then leads to more status. I'm open to this, but not convinced at this time the team gets past this one.

Team Djinn vs. Gandar, Belenus, Lawfer, Arngrim and Shiho
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 04:27:56 AM by Dhyerwolf »
...into the nightfall.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2011, 03:26:56 PM »
Andy and Djinn fail. Super passes.

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2011, 05:54:27 PM »
Dhyer: Terra can't block sleep.
-------------------

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2011, 03:21:07 AM »
Might help as she switches to Confuse, so Ditto can copy her fight 3. Of course, was forgetting the offensive side of the seal stone for the PC team. Makes fight 1 a little worse (Now Hero, Terra and Lenneth all have to aim at Luna, so now Ditto doesn't finish off Hahn and the enemy team can basically be back at full at one time in turn 2, which doesn't feel like it bodes well.

But if they get to match 3 and Terra now blocks Confuse, the SO 3ers can't nullify both Terra and Ditto (So instead...Terra, Lenneth, Yuri). Although...does Ditto copy held items, which I'd bascially see as accessories? Lots of trickiness abounds.
...into the nightfall.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2011, 11:24:52 AM »
But if they get to match 3 and Terra now blocks Confuse, the SO 3ers can't nullify both Terra and Ditto (So instead...Terra, Lenneth, Yuri). Although...does Ditto copy held items, which I'd bascially see as accessories? Lots of trickiness abounds.

According to the limited information I could pull up, Ditto being able to copy held items was a bug found only in the JPN version - it was fixed in the NA version.  That said...

[Floor 4]
Team Andy vs. Hahn, Tia, Luna, Mareg and Shana
Team Andy vs. Palom, Porom, Cid and Yang - The last fight was brutal on the team.  This one even more so, since Yang can attach an element to one fist and a Charm Claw to the other.  Both Yosuke and Teddie are weak to Lightning.  Three people asleep before Andy even gets a turn.  Yeah.

[Floor 4]
Abstain.  I have no idea.

[Floor 1]
Team Super vs. Hrist (VP1), Evil Gaia, Big Joe and Gorudo
Team Super vs. Rand, Cecil and Duran
Team Super vs. Blissey, Axem Green, Sharanda (LoD) and Lucius
Team Super vs. Milon Z, Kainazzo and Garland (FF1)
*Full Heal
Team Super vs. Laggy Fantasy Tactics Queklain - Edgar and Maxim on F1.  Sounds good to me.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2011, 01:18:31 PM »
Andy and I fail. I went over it pretty closely and my overall too-high respect for SO3 kills me.

Super passes.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2011, 09:03:12 PM »
* Clear Tranquil hugs Djinn

Team Andy vs Dungeon- Even if Andy miracously makes it to the third fight with someone/anybody alive Peppita has ice/water with Spike Shoes/Frozen Daggers and Albel has wind/lightning for more elemental shenanigans.

Team Djinn vs Dungeon- Major threat here is Peppita who not only has the status pool to draw from but could also Power Dance herself, Albel and Roger then they all get a further damage boost thanks to Love Love. Ouch.

Team Super vs Dungeon- *waves Edgar flag* Unless Sharanda having starting SPs changes the flow in the dungeon's favour significantly here any~

(yeah Bard all dances target multiple enemies/allies)~
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 09:19:09 PM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Bardiche

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2011, 12:01:33 AM »
Peppita hype from CT, how surprising! I was actually trying to ask you on IRC at the time but you were AFK. Don't worry, Peppita was hyped in your stead.