Register

Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 47  (Read 1526 times)

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 47
« on: June 03, 2011, 01:02:35 AM »

"And so your victories continue! I suppose every dog must have its day..."

Team Super vs. Dungeon Floor 3
Team MOUSTACHE and dude vs. Dungeon Floor 2

Link to the Dungeon Wiki!

----------------

Team Super | Edgar(Speed?), Maxim, Zemeckis and Hydra, Hawk, Kyra
[Floor 4: Diff'rent Strokes (Midgame)]
Team Super vs. Hahn, Tia, Luna, Mareg and Shana
Team Super vs. Palom, Porom, Edward and Yang
Team Super vs. Albel, Roger Huxley and Peppita
Team Super vs. Gandar, Belenus, Lawfer, Arngrim and Shiho
Team Super vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf and Reis

Team MOUSTACHE | Athos, Adray, Moulder, Bartz with a Moustache, Alakazam (MOUSTACHE Sealstone)
[Floor 3b: Multiply (Before Midgame)]
[Bartz: Monk (Mastered), Blue Mage (Mastered), Chemist]
[Athos: Eclipse, Bolting, Purge, Heal Staff, First rank Anima books, Restore Staff]
**All attacks, regardless of original ability, hit either all enemies or all allies for this floor.
Team MOUSTACHE vs. Marcus, Seth and Titania
Team MOUSTACHE vs. FF1 White Wizard, FFT Priest, FF5 White Mage and FF3DS White Mage
Team MOUSTACHE vs. Magus and Dalton
Team MOUSTACHE vs. Alma, Kresnik and Marco (RH)
*Full Heal
Team MOUSTACHE vs. Golbez (DS), Cagnazzo (DS), Mist Dragon (DS) and Baigan (DS)

Team dude | Deis2, Emily, Jerin, Bowser (Speed?), FFT Priest
[Floor 3b: Multiply]
Team dude vs. Marcus, Seth and Titania
Team dude vs. FF1 White Wizard, FFT Priest, FF5 White Mage and FF3DS White Mage
Team dude vs. Magus and Dalton
Team dude vs. Alma, Kresnik and Marco (RH)
*Full Heal
Team dude vs. Golbez (DS), Cagnazzo (DS), Mist Dragon (DS) and Baigan (DS)

Speed? - The speed of the bearer is set to 120% average speed and may not be increased. The rest of the team is set to 95% of their normal speed (not set to 95% period) and may have their speed increased.

MOUSTACHE - Allows the team to have 12 points because of the power of 'stache.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 47
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 02:03:35 AM »
Team MOUSTACHE | Athos, Adray, Moulder, Bartz with a Moustache, Alakazam (MOUSTACHE Sealstone)
[Athos: Eclipse, Bolting, Purge, Heal Staff, First rank Anima books, Restore Staff]
**All attacks, regardless of original ability, hit either all enemies or all allies for this floor.
Team MOUSTACHE vs. Marcus, Seth and Titania - Blue Mage means Bartz deals with this before they can do much of anything. 'Zam and Athos can smash through them if need be.
Team MOUSTACHE vs. FF1 White Wizard, FFT Priest, FF5 White Mage and FF3DS White Mage - Bartz again? Adray is there as backup, and 'Zam has Disable so is able to shut down most of the team on the second turn.
Team MOUSTACHE vs. Magus and Dalton - Hmm. Honestly? I'm not too sure if these guys pose much of a threat to me. I think it's more of the usual sweep, but I'm too tired to check this right now.
Team MOUSTACHE vs. Alma, Kresnik and Marco (RH) - As above.
*Full Heal
Team MOUSTACHE vs. Golbez (DS), Cagnazzo (DS), Mist Dragon (DS) and Baigan (DS) - This fight's a little laughably easy. Athos is shredding Cagnazzo into pieces (and probably Baigan too) and Bartz/Alakazam are finishing up what's left.

Preliminary pass to my team, although would like to see some opinions on those 3rd/4th fights.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 02:57:55 AM »
Team Super vs. Hahn, Tia, Luna, Mareg and Shana- Noise blaster slows down the other side too much.     
Team Super vs. Palom, Porom, Edward and Yang- Yang goes first and puts Edgar to sleep.  Which doesn't matter, as the twins get mobbed before they get a turn.
Team Super vs. Albel, Roger Huxley and Peppita- Noiseblaster.
Team Super vs. Gandar, Belenus, Lawfer, Arngrim and Shiho- Noiseblaster. Yeah, this is the last floor I'm going to get this kind of milage out of this.
Team Super vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf and Reis- Worker can be confused, this is very bad. Dragoner Reis can block it but she's pretty useless except for snapping people out of confusion.  Beo is either getting splattered by a damage blitz or getting Sealed, and... yeah. That's that.

Team Dude in a slaughter. Floor 3 rewards blitzing.

Team MOUSTACHE vs. Marcus, Seth and Titania- Athos alone owns this fight bad.
Team MOUSTACHE vs. FF1 White Wizard, FFT Priest, FF5 White Mage and FF3DS White Mage- Bart+Zam splatter.
Team MOUSTACHE vs. Magus and Dalton- Magus runs screaming from Barrier, let alone Athos MDef.
Team MOUSTACHE vs. Alma, Kresnik and Marco (RH)- Yeah.
*Full Heal
Team MOUSTACHE vs. Golbez (DS), Cagnazzo (DS), Mist Dragon (DS) and Baigan (DS)- Hint to fiends: Triggering Athos counters will result in you exploding posthaste. Wall counter helps some, but Bartz+one Athos attack should handle business here well enough.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 03:11:39 AM »
Team Super vs. Hahn, Tia, Luna, Mareg and Shana - Mmm, think so.  Tia can't put enough people to sleep to stop Hahn from being killed or otherwise shut down and half the enemies here are Noiseblaster bait, and I'd certainly kneejerk against Edgar being put to sleep turn 1.  Team can handle things once Hahn's out of the pitcure.
Team Super vs. Palom, Porom, Edward and Yang - Well all the enemies here can block confusion, but Edward and Yang aren't hugely scary even if they are fast and the twins are basically snacks here.
Team Super vs. Albel, Roger Huxley and Peppita - Noiseblaster bait.
Team Super vs. Gandar, Belenus, Lawfer, Arngrim and Shiho - More noiseblaster bait.  Not feeling the Resist Charm love.
Team Super vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf and Reis - Amusingly enough W8 is susceptible to confusion, for all that I highly doubt that this will matter.

Team MOUSTACHE vs. FF1 White Wizard, FFT Priest, FF5 White Mage and FF3DS White Mage - First two fights are no-brainers.
Team MOUSTACHE vs. Magus and Dalton - Athos plays healer to deal with all the countering that's going on, since 50% cHP gravity isn't pleasant to deal with on top of Magus's own counters.  Team has to take this slow but otherwise it's manageable.
Team MOUSTACHE vs. Alma, Kresnik and Marco (RH) - 'Zam/Athos drop Marco before he gets a turn and that is fight.
*Full Heal
Team MOUSTACHE vs. Golbez (DS), Cagnazzo (DS), Mist Dragon (DS) and Baigan (DS) - ooookay, Baigan counters magic with Reflect.  This is kinda sorta bad for Yoshi's team, since Athos and Moulder don't even have physicals, but having Monk mastered, maybe his team can muscle through?  Eh, I'll kneejerk a pass.

Team dude vs. FF1 White Wizard, FFT Priest, FF5 White Mage and FF3DS White Mage - First two fights are again trivial.
Team dude] vs. Magus and Dalton
*Full Heal
Team dude vs. Golbez (DS), Cagnazzo (DS), Mist Dragon (DS) and Baigan (DS) - Dude's team passes in a laughter.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 05:34:47 AM by Random Consonant »

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 04:59:38 AM »
Two floor 3 teams pass.

Team Super vs. Hahn, Tia, Luna, Mareg and Shana- Believe WSD isn’t status curing. If it was, I think Super’s team would have lost the floor. That said, WSD is 55% MT. Tia can throw on 20% ST (Fear) before Edgar goes. Mareg can throw in about 40% ST. Point is that someone on Super’s team is probably dying if you see Shana start with SP. Let’s assume that someone no one does…
Team Super vs. Palom, Porom, Edward and Yang-As is, they can take out this.
Team Super vs. Albel, Roger Huxley and Peppita- Can’t block Confuse.
Team Super vs. Gandar, Belenus, Lawfer, Arngrim and Shiho- They all block Confuse to me, so they can take out someone. Let’s say it’s Edgar>Brig>VP>Rest. Edgar and Brig can kill one of the mages (Shiho is the obvious choice). VP kills Kyra. They can try taking out a fighter, which would be needed to probably still stop a death next round (Belenus+Lawfer+Arngrim is still 1.4 PC HP damage before any PWSes. Um, thinking Gandar just be stalling a while, and that basically means that someone is dying round 2 (Edgar). I need to look at damage here:
Edgar: 25%? ITD;         Maxim: 40% Phys;        Zemeckis: 40-50% Phys?         ; Hydra: 40-50%? Phys;       Hawk: 40%? Something??? Off some level of speed?

So Zemeckis/Hydra kill Shiho, Edgar, Maxim, Hawk and another Brig can take down Lawfer. Then Edgar dies to turn 2. VP does now need all 3 to PWS, so I think they can control the match from there. I guess Hawk could Hit Rate Down on someone, but no notes at all on it’s effectiveness. Since the team doesn’t really even need to throw out PWSes, my gut is not to give that a lot of credence. I still think that they probably take 2 people out with that in play, although it’s speed and damage are…so nebulous.

Team Super vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf and Reis- No Edgar or Kyra, I think. No status protection either. Not happening after I think that someone is really dying fight 1. See issues even just looking at the last 2 fights. Little MT is any sort and no revival is hard to overcome at this point.
...into the nightfall.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 05:15:02 AM »
Team Super vs. Hahn, Tia, Luna, Mareg and Shana
Team Super vs. Palom, Porom, Edward and Yang - Yang and Edward are faster than Super's team and have good status.  However, I'm pretty sure that Kyra has two shots of Bindwa at this point and can burn one to give the team time to explode Edward before needing to worry about the twins. 
Team Super vs. Albel, Roger Huxley and Peppita - Noiseblaster
Team Super vs. Gandar, Belenus, Lawfer, Arngrim and Shiho - Kyra is faster despite the Speed? debuff and quite probably has Bindwa at this point.  Even if they block Confuse, they can't block "Sleep" at the same time.
Team Super vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf and Reis

Team MOUSTACHE vs. FF1 White Wizard, FFT Priest, FF5 White Mage and FF3DS White Mage
Team MOUSTACHE vs. Magus and Dalton
Team MOUSTACHE vs. Alma, Kresnik and Marco (RH)
*Full Heal
Team MOUSTACHE vs. Golbez (DS), Cagnazzo (DS), Mist Dragon (DS) and Baigan (DS) - Chemist/!Blue is broked.  The rest of the team is just icing on the cake.

Team dude vs. FF1 White Wizard, FFT Priest, FF5 White Mage and FF3DS White Mage
Team dude vs. Magus and Dalton
*Full Heal
Team dude vs. Golbez (DS), Cagnazzo (DS), Mist Dragon (DS) and Baigan (DS) - Deis and Bowser have a dinner date on this floor.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2011, 05:23:47 AM »
Gates of Heaven has MT status curing dunno about the dragon summon ^^
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2011, 06:15:40 AM »
I  may have just not thought to note it, as...Miranda must be status free by definition when using it. If it does...well, I guess killing Hahn is still the goal and not much changes. I suppose the ST spell works regardless, but it's really the 55% MT Damage+Healing and Reviving everyone up that makes Shana a threat if you see her start with SP. Not so bad as to be evil (No teammate is close to her in speed to follow up immediately, the rest of the team's MT is sorely lacking minus Hahn who always gets aimed at for non-damage MT anyways). Bad when your doesn't have a single bit of MT healing.
...into the nightfall.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2011, 12:26:17 PM »
Dhyer: Maxim has some weak MT healing at this point (Floor 5 is when he gets Valor, which massively helps), and he can revive with Rally.

The VP fight is cake regardless, I think. The team has enough annoying status with with Maxim/Kyra/Hawk to stop them from getting overwhelmed at this point.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2011, 04:29:57 PM »
I think everyone makes it. Athos and Deis slaughter floor three (MT Attack Up is evil) and Dhyer presented a bit of a worse case scenario for Super's team, but I think Maxim has the tools to push the team through.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2011, 03:35:36 AM »
Maxim having those helps (Although about how good MT healing are we speaking? 25%? 35%? Not sure if helps enough for me (Luna sleeps him likely along with most of his party. On average two person (Edgar+1) will remain awake. Three is Kyra halves Sleep at this point). On Kyra's status...she shouldn't have Sleep at this point. L34-L35 on a character that finishes at L41 really feels like a floor 5 pickup at earliest, so it's basically just Attack Down.

So...this is just assuming you don't see Shana starting with SP and everyone gets to VP fight unscathed...now Maxim is killed first. Gandar uses turn 1 to use an MT spell (And does like 45% MT damage). Kyra can Attack Down, but unless I'm missing a source of MT something else, still seeing a lot of issues. The team is okay if you see the status blocking equip in VP getting Confuse and not okay if you don't. So...I'd say it hinges on that and whether Shana starts with SP. Either one causes too many issues.
...into the nightfall.

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2011, 04:16:27 AM »
I'm too tired to really think this through right now, but I'd like to remind people that Black Hole(~50% ID, AoE centered on him) exists for Magus, and he is not slow or particularly frail.  Normally I wouldn't think too much of it in the Dungeon due to positioning, but this is the MT floor.  Unless of course this is supposed to be boss Magus, it doesn't seem to specify.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 04:18:17 AM by Yakumo »

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2011, 04:58:20 AM »
I'm too tired to really think this through right now, but I'd like to remind people that Black Hole(~50% ID, AoE centered on him) exists for Magus, and he is not slow or particularly frail.  Normally I wouldn't think too much of it in the Dungeon due to positioning, but this is the MT floor.  Unless of course this is supposed to be boss Magus, it doesn't seem to specify.

I should have made it specify Boss, that's my bad, sorry!

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2011, 05:30:39 AM »
Telele is MT, for whatever that's worth.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2011, 09:38:46 AM »
Not enough to save given Gandar busting out 45% MT and that the three fighters combined were already at 1.35 PC HP damage pre PWSes (Assuming no Confusion in play!).
...into the nightfall.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2011, 02:14:37 AM »
dude and stache pass.

Re team super: Doesn't Maxim get a revival spell?  Rally or something?  Or is that thought of as illegal?  (Don't know enough of super's team to comment otherwise.)