Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 48  (Read 3603 times)

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 48
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2011, 04:45:49 PM »
Bear in mind Yoshi that as well as the confusion thing SO3's chaos also saps HP/MP at a ratio of 3.5% HP and 2% MP per tick for a total of five ticks max (before it wears off and assuming it isn't prevented from wearing off through chaos spamming skills) Due to this chances are multiple members of your team are losing at least 17.5% of their HP and 10% of their MP -without taking any of their own actions into account and assuming they don't chaosed again. Peppita/Albel are quite capable of chaos locking enemies to death in their game through the HP/MP sap as the enemies helplessly wander willy nilly, groups of them in Peppita's case. 'Zam's innate special/passive might prevent Peppita from immediately reapplying chaos/preventing it from wearing off like she does in game since she'll be chaosed for a bit herself here but if she gets another turn -at all- she might be able to chaos a bunch of your team for further HP/MP sapping or if Peppita's not taken care of Albel/Roger might be able to further drain the resources of one or two of your peeps via their chaos.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 04:53:36 PM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2011, 05:48:16 PM »
Same deal with my team. Peppita's going down quickly and Albel and Roger are going to be Terrorized so their mp damage will be significantly reduced. They might lose mp, but the rest of the SO3 characters are getting taken out on the next turn.

If Jerin has revival at this point (And she may) she's not surviving the VP fight, and Priest's MP is toast by the SO3 fight. That leaves you with the FFT fight with no healing and problems damaging a couple of the PC's.  I was surprised you didn't pass the floor.

Yoshi's team gets an abstain from me. I just don't know FF5 well enough to judge the VP fight.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2011, 06:44:58 PM »
I think this is the only option for this floor. For the last fight Deis can use Attack Up Emily to pretty much obliterate a person of her choice while the rest of the team starts working on the others. Worker 8 immunes Deis's magic, but Attack Up is such a good buff that it makes her physical solid damage and someone like Emily's overkill.

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2011, 06:50:18 PM »
Team dude | Deis2, Emily, Jerin, Bowswer (Speed?), FFT Priest vs Cloud, Beo, Worker, Reis

I'm going to play with the assumption that Priest is out of MP and Jerin is toast, and the rest of the team is in good shape.

Deis powers up Em, who smashes worker. Bowswer Terrorizes... and then what? Cloud's finish touch will knock out Deis, and Emily can't block Beowulf's status. If Em smashes someone else, Worker+Reis is going to kill Emily.

It's a bitch of a fight for your team, since Terrorize is of limited value here.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2011, 07:30:15 PM »
Bear in mind Yoshi that as well as the confusion thing SO3's chaos also saps HP/MP at a ratio of 3.5% HP and 2% MP per tick for a total of five ticks max (before it wears off and assuming it isn't prevented from wearing off through chaos spamming skills) Due to this chances are multiple members of your team are losing at least 17.5% of their HP and 10% of their MP -without taking any of their own actions into account and assuming they don't chaosed again. Peppita/Albel are quite capable of chaos locking enemies to death in their game through the HP/MP sap as the enemies helplessly wander willy nilly, groups of them in Peppita's case. 'Zam's innate special/passive might prevent Peppita from immediately reapplying chaos/preventing it from wearing off like she does in game since she'll be chaosed for a bit herself here but if she gets another turn -at all- she might be able to chaos a bunch of your team for further HP/MP sapping or if Peppita's not taken care of Albel/Roger might be able to further drain the resources of one or two of your peeps via their chaos.

Peppita's not getting a second turn here. She's without a doubt the first one to fall, and whoever hits 'Zam is getting Chaosed as well. The other important part of all of this is that Moulder/Athos don't even have MP (the weapons are what have the charges, so I'd definitely not see it getting hit by MP-draining - unless you see FE fighters getting their weapons broken by MP draining as well?) so those two are fine by the end of the fight, where both can heal up the majority of the party, and Athos can do serious damage for the rest of the floor.

Let me just quickly check over this, partially using the semi-analysis Dhyer made...

Alakazam>fast SO 3>FE>Bartz>Roger>Adray
'Zam blasts Peppita, Peppita IDs Bartz and Albel statuses Moulder. I'll go with that part. Athos can smash Albel here - if that kills, I win. Roger has to choose between statusing 'Zam (and getting statused himself) or statusing Adray, since either one should kill after the 'Zam hit. If he goes for 'Zam, he gets hit with the status as well. Either way, he dies, so let's assume he hits the bigger threat - 'Zam. Adray can now take out Albel (or Athos can after Albel probably misses him.) If Roger goes for Adray, then Alakazam Disables Albel, Athos heals the status on Moulder (and I'd definitely see Athos moving before Moulder) allowing him to heal the status from Adray. Roger can't do a huge amount now, so I get a chance to heal up and then move on. (If Roger does go for 'Zam, both get confused, same thing happens and then I can heal status while Roger can't do a lot.)

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2011, 07:43:15 PM »
Team dude | Deis2, Emily, Jerin, Bowswer (Speed?), FFT Priest vs Cloud, Beo, Worker, Reis

I'm going to play with the assumption that Priest is out of MP and Jerin is toast, and the rest of the team is in good shape.

Deis powers up Em, who smashes worker. Bowswer Terrorizes... and then what? Cloud's finish touch will knock out Deis, and Emily can't block Beowulf's status. If Em smashes someone else, Worker+Reis is going to kill Emily.

It's a bitch of a fight for your team, since Terrorize is of limited value here.
Jerin isn't necessarily going to be dead yet. Emily can smash one of the VP mages and Deis can ID one of the fighters. VP doesn't have a confusion blocker so Jerin can use Confuse on the remaining characters. It should be able to hit at least one or two of the characters preventing a PWS. She should be able to survive the remaining attacks especially with Terrorize in effect.

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2011, 09:54:53 PM »
You need a lot of judgement calls with status hitting at the right time for that, since you need terrorize to be perfect straight through and Death to hit and nailing the right people with confusion. I don't think it's enough.
-------------------

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2011, 11:10:41 PM »
You need a lot of judgement calls with status hitting at the right time for that, since you need terrorize to be perfect straight through and Death to hit and nailing the right people with confusion. I don't think it's enough.
It's not that much of a longshot. Deis's ID is really accurate so she ID's Lawfer or whoever has the highest damage. Emily smashes Shiho to prevent revival and Jerin confuses the remainder of the group. It's 60% accurate so it should hit at least one of the living guys and if it's Arngrim or Belenus she should survive.

Also, I just ran the damage calcs and Jerin with Attack Up is enough to OHKO both of the twins of the epic physical durability with her MT physical. So Yang has to status Deis or else the twins are getting one shotted by Jerin. This doesn't change as Emily smashes one and Jerin and Bowser team up on the other. This means that the priest doesn't have to blow a bunch of MP on Holy and should have enough after the SO3 fight for at least one raise which is all my team needs.   

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2011, 03:39:34 AM »
Peppita's not getting a second turn here.

I don't think she has to. Or at least I didn't~

She's without a doubt the first one to fall, and whoever hits 'Zam is getting Chaosed as well.
I was aware of this all along. I just thought Peppita sacrificing herself to AoE/MT chaos your team, to the extent of getting chaosed by 'Zam worth it  :P

The other important part of all of this is that Moulder/Athos don't even have MP (the weapons are what have the charges, so I'd definitely not see it getting hit by MP-draining - unless you see FE fighters getting their weapons broken by MP draining as well?)

Oh I see. Riight.  That's ... different then. I'm not sure what to think of that ~

Going to change my views of a flat out no not happening for your team to abstain then. The fight might  not be as hard for you as I originally thought but nor do I think it's as easy as for dude. Even if you pass I believe the SO3 fight gave you a decent workout/wasn't a joke =-)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 03:20:37 PM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2011, 04:00:11 AM »
VP fight versus SO 3

Deis uses MT (Albel can halve), Emily kills Peppita, Jerin uses MT, Bowser uses MT and Terrorizes. Albel and Roger are bad on the MP damage end (not to mention the HP damage end), and that's before that's being halved. Priest has a lot of MP considering that he only really needs 1 casting of raise  (And maximized MP killing isn't maximized statused).

MT barrage than works against VP. At best, it's the three fighters+Gandar (Terrorized) or the three fighers+Gandar (2 Two are confused). Either way, feels like VP is only getting the punch from two PCs on average, meaning they aren't killing more than 1. Jerin has revival (Yeah, L26, looks like there are above 50 levels in Lufia. Since floor 7 is endgame, revival feels like a fair thing to assume by at least the VP fight) and Priest has revival, so they can just pick off everyone but Gandar and go into the next battle with everyone alive, which just doesn't make it much challenge considering the enemies best bet is ST status.

Priest could have MP problems if he needed to use MP a lot of MP early, but that doesn't seem too likely unless you think they really get in trouble in fight one.
...into the nightfall.

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2011, 07:17:59 PM »
I'm not sure if people have left for the convention yet but I could use a few more votes here. :]

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2011, 03:25:59 AM »
For whatever it's worth, standing by my "dude and 'stache" pass vote.  Not really sold by the later arguments.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2011, 11:51:46 AM »
Since I've not really seen any major arguments to say otherwise, I'm gonna have to say my team passes. :)

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2011, 06:17:13 PM »
Leaning that super's team fails.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2011, 01:27:37 PM »
Do we have to vote one way or the other this time?

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2011, 05:15:14 PM »
No, if you're still unsure that's fine.