Register

Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 50 (Back to 4 teams! MAKE DUNGEON TEAMS SUCKERS)  (Read 2291 times)

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile

"Ah... One has fallen. However, let us see what we can do with the new blood!"

Team Super vs. Dungeon Floor 6
Team MOUSTACHE and dude vs. Dungeon Floor 5

Link to the Dungeon Wiki!

----------------

Team MOUSTACHE | Athos, Adray, Moulder, Bartz with a Moustache, Alakazam (MOUSTACHE Sealstone)
[Bartz: Monk (M), Blue Mage (M), Chemist (M), Red Mage (M), Time Mage (M) Ninja (M), Black Mage(M) | Mime/Black/Blue/Mix]
[Athos has Light and Dark Books and the other items]
[Floor 6b: Overachievers (Before Endgame)
Team MOUSTACHE vs. Altima and Hashmalum
*Full Heal*
Team MOUSTACHE vs. Cloud of Darkness and Xande
*Full Heal*
Team MOUSTACHE vs. Sephiroth and Jenova-Birth
*Full Heal*
Team MOUSTACHE vs. Loki and Surt
*Full Heal*
Team MOUSTACHE vs. Ghaleon (SSC) and Ghaleon (EBC)

Team dude | Deis2, Emily, Jerin, Bowswer (Speed?), FFT Priest
[Floor 6b: Overachievers (Before Endgame)]
Team dude vs. Altima and Hashmalum
*Full Heal*
Team dude vs. Cloud of Darkness and Xande
*Full Heal*
Team dude vs. Sephiroth and Jenova-Birth
*Full Heal*
Team dude vs. Loki and Surt
*Full Heal*
Team dude vs. Ghaleon (SSC) and Ghaleon (EBC)

Team REPENT | LFT ZALMO, Geno, FF1 Knight, Lyn, Tia w/Body Charge
[Floor 1: Starting off Again (Beginning of the game)]
Team REPENT vs. Hrist (VP1), Evil Gaia, Big Joe, Guido and Gorudo
Team REPENT vs. Rand, Cecil and Duran
Team REPENT vs. Blissey, Axem Green, Sharanda (LoD) and Lucius
Team REPENT vs. Mist Dragon, Whelk, Wingraptor (FF5) and Garland (FF1)
Team REPENT vs. Laggy Fantasy Tactics Queklain

Team Nama | Rika, Celes, Lucian+Shiho, Rand (Life)
[Celes: Kirin] Esper Guide
Team Nama vs. Hrist (VP1), Evil Gaia, Big Joe, Guido and Gorudo
Team Nama vs. Rand, Cecil and Duran
Team Nama vs. Blissey, Axem Green, Sharanda (LoD) and Lucius
Team Nama vs. Mist Dragon, Whelk, Wingraptor (FF5) and Garland (FF1)
Team Nama vs. Laggy Fantasy Tactics Queklain

Speed? - The speed of the bearer is set to 120% average speed and may not be increased. The rest of the team is set to 95% of their normal speed (not set to 95% period) and may have their speed increased.

MOUSTACHE - Allows the team to have 12 points because of the power of 'stache.

Body Charge - Increases the health, damage and effective speed of a character by 1.3x and decreases damage to them to .7x, but increases the cost of the character by 1.5x (rounded to nearest half point, .5s are 1.0s). This cannot be used on any character with a point value higher than 3.0

Life - One character's healing effects now also allows for revival, but reduces the final effect of any healing to 75%. (This means full healing is always 75%) The healing also only revives characters with 1 HP. The healing received from spells that hit more than one target may be used as revival once per battle.

Celes: Spells that have >=5 growth rate are learned after fight 2 on a floor. All other spells are learned at the final fight. No stats are to be considered from Espers.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 08:02:32 PM by Nephrite »

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Team REPENT | LFT ZALMO, Geno, FF1 Knight, Lyn, Tia w/Body Charge
Team REPENT vs. Hrist (VP1), Evil Gaia, Big Joe, Guido and Gorudo - Easy.
Team REPENT vs. Rand, Cecil and Duran
Team REPENT vs. Blissey, Axem Green, Sharanda (LoD) and Lucius - Axem Green and Lucius curse their P.Dur here.  Even if Sharanda is allowed to start with SP, I sorta doubt she can polish off Zalmo's MP in one go even with his awesomely bad MDef barring some truly ridiculously harsh scaling and Zalmo has Move-MP Up, so I'm not worried.
Team REPENT vs. Mist Dragon, Whelk, Wingraptor (FF5) and Garland (FF1) - At least one of the counterstate boss losers is going to get killed off before it can go into its counterstate.  Leaving Garland alive to minimize triggering counters would probably be a good idea.  Don't think I need it though, since the counters are pretty weaksauce and Zalmo can revive people if somehow people think someone is going to die
Team REPENT vs. Laggy Fantasy Tactics Queklain - Quekky really can't cope here.

Team Nama | Rika, Celes, Lucian+Shiho, Rand (Life)
Team Nama vs. Hrist (VP1), Evil Gaia, Big Joe, Guido and Gorudo
Team Nama vs. Rand, Cecil and Duran
Team Nama vs. Blissey, Axem Green, Sharanda (LoD) and Lucius
Team Nama vs. Mist Dragon, Whelk, Wingraptor (FF5) and Garland (FF1)
Team Nama vs. Laggy Fantasy Tactics Queklain - Thinking Shiho infinite healing works keeps the team out of trouble.

Will look at the F6 teams later.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 11:59:40 PM by Random Consonant »

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
Does anyone in either of the F6 teams block status? If not, I think Sephiroth might be a problem...

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
It depends on which status you mean.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Does anyone in either of the F6 teams block status? If not, I think Sephiroth might be a problem...
For team Moustache, Athos will probably be really hard to hit with status due to Res and Bartz can probably get some status blockers somewhere. For my team Priest should have typical FFT status blockers and Deis2 like Athos should be difficult to hit with status due to her Wisdom. Bowser can block transform attacks like Frog with a Truefrom Pin and Jerin stops status cold with Mirror which catches pretty much everything.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Team REPENT wins, floor 1+Knight and Zalmo. Tenative pass for Nama as well, he's got revival and that usually owns floor 1.

Team dude vs. Altima and Hashmalum- Em+Deis+Priest+Jerin=goodbye Hashy. Altima is a problem,b ut they can likely blitz short of a brutally unlucky break on Grand Cross.
*Full Heal*
Team dude vs. Cloud of Darkness and Xande- I think. CoD's got brutal status, but the team should be able to knock her out before she gets going.
*Full Heal*
Team dude vs. Sephiroth and Jenova-Birth- I'd bet Seph gets one turn to inflict status hell, which isn't enough? I'd vote for Sephy if he could use Supernova turn 1, but I'm 95% sure he can't use that until he flies.  
*Full Heal*
Team dude vs. Loki and Surt- Deis+Em=Dead Surt, and Loki has no prayer of breaking Valor's healing.
*Full Heal*
Team dude vs. Ghaleon (SSC) and Ghaleon (EBC)- Goooood fight. I think it comes down to Dude's team being able to one round EBC Ghaleon, and I don't think they can? Jerin has to use Valor to counter the effect of EBC Ghaleon (or else a hell wave/spell combo kills his team). Ghaleon is going to then Fate Storm Jerin and drop a Hell Wave on the team. Deis/Em should be able to frag EBC Ghaleon, but my kneejerk is that they can't recover at that point... though mmm, right. Reraise! Priest reraises Jerin, who pops back up and Valors.

*Checks Ghaleons* Oh. EBC Ghaleon's got a slow spell. That combined with SSSC going full blitzkreig should wipe out most of the team. Tenative fail for now.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Floor one teams pass. My team passes also, but it's really close. Supers analysis works for the first fights, but I think my team has the muscle to one round EBC Ghaleon if he goes for the slow spell. Jerin and Priest are then able to keep SSS Ghaleon in check. For reference my team does 6.65 average with BoltX, Emily Smash, Bowser physical, Jerin's Vulcan, and Priest's Holy. Deis can also chose to buff up Bowser instead for what is around the same amount of damage (BoltX+ Physical is 2.16 or so, Attack Physical is 2.14) If you see Deis as faster than Emily, she can use Attack Up on her and the team does 8.73 average.

Abstain on Team Moustache.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 03:51:36 AM by dude789 »

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Yeah, honestly I'm ready to buy dude's team blitzing EBC Ghaleon, so tenative pass for him.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
Team MOUSTACHE | Athos, Adray, Moulder, Bartz with a Moustache, Alakazam (MOUSTACHE Sealstone)
Team MOUSTACHE vs. Altima and Hashmalum-
*Full Heal*
Team MOUSTACHE vs. Cloud of Darkness and Xande- 4 targets in this match. CoD has about 2 PC HP, Tentacles have about 1, Xande has 0.75. If Xande gets a turn, he’ll just choose to KO whatever non Athos person. Left tentacle must be knocked out ASAP, and as such will draw Alakazam and Bartz’s first attacks. At least CoD and right tentacle go. They can’t get Bartz in one turn, and might struggle with Athos. Let’s say they team up for Adray, and then halved Lightning+two Xande attacks does gets Bartz, I think (Certainly right, as he needs magic). So Athos, Alakzam, Moulder. No physicals mages versus a magic immune? If Bartz isn’t fast, they right him just getting statused. No mages are fast, Ninja can pick up magic (enough to kill the tentacle on average), but then definitely is dying (picking up magic means no picking up HP +30%). Don’t see em getting past this match.

Team dude vs. Altima and Hashmalum- Such a combo. Someone with horrible HP paired with someone with a horrible starting skillset!
*Full Heal*
Team dude vs. Cloud of Darkness and Xande- Well, same analysis as before, but now with some speed. Xande is obviously out. Deis+Jerin+Bowser means that status tentacle is out. CoD and other tentacle can kill one person with two revivers, and Attack Up and Emily…etc.
*Full Heal*
Team dude vs. Sephiroth and Jenova-Birth- Sephiroth can maim Deis at least! Granted, falls quickly afterward…etc.
*Full Heal*
Team dude vs. Loki and Surt- At least they can kill Surt before his turn, and the danger is both of them going together.
*Full Heal*
Team dude vs. Ghaleon (SSC) and Ghaleon (EBC)- EBC has about 1.6 PC HP, but is strong against elements. However, the team can kill him (Emily is Emily, Bowser is faster and Deis even with halved magic does the trick!). As such, they should manage past the Ghaleon.
...into the nightfall.

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Dhyer, Bartz is a Mime with Black/Blue/Mix right now, so I'm sure he can whip out some potion or something to help with his defenses to survive without any issue. Yeah, he has Dragon Shield which immunes Fire, Ice and Lightning. He can also buff himself with Reflect/Safe/Shell and Regen.

EDIT: It also means he has the innate stats from all the other classes, so he's got Ninja's Speed, Black Mage's Magic and Monk's Vigor, for what that's worth.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 04:08:47 PM by Nephrite »

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Bartz is...confusing. That can all help, but on average, he needs to use his turn helping taking out the status tentacle, which in turn gives others the chance to cut him down. The problem is that...two revivers, and...this setup implies that there is basically no one with physicals? Unless there's a defensive trick that takes care of the status.
...into the nightfall.

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Chemist does also have a single character Dragon + Heavy type potion, which is basically status immunity, as far as I can remember...

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Okay, looking that up, Heavy Type appears to cut several status duration's drastically  (not all) and of course gets gravity and ID out of the way, but seems like Sleep/Confuse type would get through. Dragon Type doesn't really do anything? So...not good enough against Bad Breath, I think?
...into the nightfall.

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
* Nephrite shakes a fist at FF5's random typing.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
Surely Bartz would do better spending his time taking out CoD herself, since killing her destroys the tentacles. ;s I figured that would be my team's top priority in that fight, since Zande on his own is more than manageable.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Okay, looking at taking down Cod then. CoD has 2.05 Mdur. Endgame Alakazam has 65% PC HP, Bartz can mimic that (no better ST himself). We get into average speed turn. Of note, both Athos and Moulder need to take CoD to kill her. Also of importance, whether Particle Beam is faster than Adray. If Particle Beam is faster and status tentacle beats out Athos, then Athos loses a turn, Xande can split attacks with Adray and Bartz and at least Adray will be taken out. CoD could throw another physical Bartz way and then he's out too. The status tentacle could get another turn...etc. But that's worst case scenario really. There's a lot of random speed here that make it hard to say. Lots of loss scenarios, lots of win scenarios.

Well, lets look at other battles;

Sephiroth/Jenova: Should be okay here. Sephiroth statuses Bartz, but Jenova is not a threat and Sephirtoh is pretty underwhelming in a team setup too.

Loki/Surt- Will come down to personal opinion, but this is still a fail to me. Depends on how much Mdur you see Loki having, and mine is high, so he can take a Bartz/Alakazam attack, and then he and Surt unleash the massive pain. Bartz could buff to see he lives, but the cost is so alone he's take out Loki next turn, and I think they would be problematc. He can about half of Indisc, double HP or heal, but...he's coming into the third move with Heavy damage and could be picked off before then. Solely depends on respect for Loki durability. Assume he passes...

The Ghaleon's;
LEBC: 2 PC HP, Halves Elements.
Ghaleon: 4 Mdur, slow as dirt.
Problem here is LEBC' elemental halving. I see issues with him being killed before his MT turn, and then the other Ghaleon follows up. The good is that Bartz (virtue of HP and Adray's in between healing) can survive. Probably...no one else, although maybe one of Adray or Athos depending on positioning. Bartz could Heavy type and heal or Heavy type and double hp, but given the sustained damage, don't think it would be enough. Certainly not impassible, just noting the difficulties beyond other difficult matches. There's 3 matches here that could spell havoc or loss, which is a bit high.
...into the nightfall.

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
If they're not killing the Ghaleons, won't Alakazam just use Light Screen to reduce the damage?

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
If he has that, it's and MT, that will...partially help. Part of Ghaleon's onslaught is physical, but it might get the more survivors he needs. Of course, not using one the best attackers has it's own issues (Now EBC Ghaleon paralyzes Bartz so no turn is gotten, and then SSC probably IDs Bartz and physicals Adray and EBC has the chance to clean Adray up).
...into the nightfall.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
'zam can only get Light Screen through a TM, so no (it is MT though!).  Gonna have to go with a fail for Team 'Stache in that case, then, last fight's simply too much for the team to handle.

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
'zam can only get Light Screen through a TM, so no (it is MT though!).  Gonna have to go with a fail for Team 'Stache in that case, then, last fight's simply too much for the team to handle.

Oh wow, I am stupid.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
Hm. Physical damage can be lowered by Reflect, but the lack of Light Screen is a major problem. (And also why I really want to build a team around Mew now!)
And yes, Light Screen/Reflect are MT. But, hm...
Okay, so, halving the physical damage.. might help? I mean, my team's pretty high on the MDur side of things... (at least in comparison to the physical side. :v )
...Not to mention that 'Zam and Bartz can make 'Zam damn near unkillable via magic thanks to a combination of Calm Mind and Chemist tricks. But then, CM is probably pointless, since Zam won't be lasting for more than 3 turns, and that's how long it takes to break even on damage output... Hm.. The Chemist side of things definitely helps on the durability front - Dragon Armor is nuts, and Elixir is nice, as long as Bartz can get by un-statused. Adray apparently has Cure Condition, but that relies on seeing him moving between the Ghaleons and Bartz, as well as surviving. So, if Alakazam throws up Reflect and Bartz uses Dragon Armor on Adray, then that allows Adray to cure Bartz, should he be statused?
So now it comes down to whether or not the Ghaleons can status Adray or whether or not Reflect is enough to keep people alive. The way I'm seeing it, if the team can survive the first round with Adray and Bartz alive, then those two can recover and slowly bring back the team from there, but.. then it depends on having the MP to do all of that. Eep.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
Hmm... looking at the arguments here, I'm going with Pass for the Floor1 teams, and Fail for Team Moustache. Abstain on Team dude because there's a lot of stuff I'd need to look up to be sure there and I'm lazy.

• Suggests the birth of an abomination
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Kneejerking a pass for the Floor 1 teams and a fail for the Floor 6 teams.
<+Nama-EmblemOfFire> ...Have the GhebFE guy and the ostian princess guy collaborate.
 <@Elecman> Seems reasonable.