imageRegister

Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 51  (Read 1893 times)

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 51
« on: July 08, 2011, 10:53:03 PM »

"Yet another falls prey to overconfidence. Let us see what other horrors await the old and new?"

Team MOUSTACHE vs. Dungeon Floor 6
Team dude, REPENT and Nama vs. Dungeon

Link to the Dungeon Wiki!

----------------

Team dude | Deis2, Emily, Jerin, Bowswer (Speed?), FFT Priest
[Floor 7a: The Elemental Ties that Bind]
Team dude vs. Sasarai, Tengaar, Hellion and Groudon
Team dude vs. Barbariccia, Luc, Pikachu and Flik
Team dude vs. Alex, Camus and Rubicante
Team dude vs. Kyogre, Lenus, Frog and Mao
Team dude vs. Yuri2, Alice and Ashera

Team REPENT | LFT ZALMO, Geno, FF1 Knight, Lyn, Tia w/Body Charge
[Floor 2b: The Forboding Forest]
Team REPENT vs. FFT Red Chocobo, Black Chocobo and Yellow Chocobo
Team REPENT vs. FF3 Geomancer, FF5 Geomancer and FFT Geomancer
Team REPENT vs. Mispolm and Deneb
Team REPENT vs. Spar, Frog and Bo
Team REPENT vs. Sudowoodo, Bowyer and Yumi (S3)

Team Nama | Rika, Celes, Lucian+Shiho, Rand (Life)
[Celes: Kirin(M), Siren]  Esper Guide
Team Nama vs. FFT Red Chocobo, Black Chocobo and Yellow Chocobo
Team Nama vs. FF3 Geomancer, FF5 Geomancer and FFT Geomancer
Team Nama vs. Mispolm and Deneb
Team Nama vs. Spar, Frog and Bo
Team Nama vs. Sudowoodo, Bowyer and Yumi (S3)

Team Sage | Demi, Princess Toadstool, Edgar(Speed?), Eiko, Ditto(Quick Powder)
[Floor 1: Starting off Again]
Team Sage vs. Hrist (VP1), Evil Gaia, Big Joe, Guido and Gorudo
Team Sage vs. Rand, Cecil and Duran
Team Sage vs. Blissey, Axem Green, Sharanda (LoD) and Lucius
Team Sage vs. Mist Dragon, Whelk, Wingraptor (FF5) and Garland (FF1)
Team Sage vs. Laggy Fantasy Tactics Queklain

Speed? - The speed of the bearer is set to 120% average speed and may not be increased. The rest of the team is set to 95% of their normal speed (not set to 95% period) and may have their speed increased.

Body Charge - Increases the health, damage and effective speed of a character by 1.3x and decreases damage to them to .7x.

Life - One character's healing effects now also allows for revival, but reduces the final effect of any healing to 75%. (This means full healing is always 75%) The healing also only revives characters with 1 HP. The healing received from spells that hit more than one target may be used as revival once per battle.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 51
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 11:09:36 PM »
Team dude vs. Yuri2, Alice and Ashera - Yeah, this floor plays to the team's strengths.

Team REPENT vs. FFT Red Chocobo, Black Chocobo and Yellow Chocobo - kweh
Team REPENT vs. FF3 Geomancer, FF5 Geomancer and FFT Geomancer - Not going to give any of the geomancers here the level of credit required for them to be shit-ruining.
Team REPENT vs. Mispolm and Deneb - lolmispolm
Team REPENT vs. Spar, Frog and Bo - Yeah no
Team REPENT vs. Sudowoodo, Bowyer and Yumi (S3) - Yeah no, Sudowoodo gets OHKO'd by Droplet, Bowyer gets beaten down before he can get cute with anything, *looks up Yumi* okay that is hopeless right there.

Team Nama vs. FFT Red Chocobo, Black Chocobo and Yellow Chocobo - wark
Team Nama vs. FF3 Geomancer, FF5 Geomancer and FFT Geomancer - See above comment about not giving credit
Team Nama vs. Mispolm and Deneb - lolmispolm
Team Nama vs. Spar, Frog and Bo - Doubt any of these guys will threaten the team much.
Team Nama vs. Sudowoodo, Bowyer and Yumi (S3) - Easy enough.

Team Sage vs. Hrist (VP1), Evil Gaia, Big Joe, Guido and Gorudo
Team Sage vs. Rand, Cecil and Duran
Team Sage vs. Blissey, Axem Green, Sharanda (LoD) and Lucius
Team Sage vs. Mist Dragon, Whelk, Wingraptor (FF5) and Garland (FF1)
Team Sage vs. Laggy Fantasy Tactics Queklain - Don't see a reason why the team wouldn't pass here.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 06:09:25 PM by Random Consonant »

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 11:47:50 PM »
Floor one and 2 teams pass without too much trouble.

Team dude vs. Sasarai, Tengaar, Hellion and Groudon: Deis and Jerin can both hit a weakness on Groudon and take him out with ease. The rest of the mages are slower than the team. Emily and Bowser both take out one of them with the help of Deis and Jerin's MT damage and the Earth Rune mage who survives can't do a lot against the full team.
Team dude vs. Barbariccia, Luc, Pikachu and Flik: Deis ID Flik, Emily smashes Luc, Jerin and Bowser take out Pikachu, Barbarriccia isn't that scary by herself.
Team dude vs. Alex, Camus and Rubicante Still pretty simple. Camus gets taken out by MT magic and Emily smashes Alex. Rubicante is threatening, but not enough against the whole team.
Team dude vs. Kyogre, Lenus, Frog and Mao: This one's a bit more complex. Kyogre has to go immediately. Good news is that he doesn't resist ID and if you don't see him as being hit  by it the first turn then Deis does a load of damage to him with Bolt X and Emily and Jerin if needed finish him off. The rest of the team should be able to take out Mao by combining their attacks on him with help from Deis and Jerin's MT. Frog might get a turn, but he can't do that much damage. Lenus is nasty, but not until she's lost a good chunk of her health. Team leaves Lenus alive and heals and Buffs up. A string of Attacked Up physicals should be enough to blow past the danger zone. 
Team dude vs. Yuri2, Alice and Ashera: Yuri is a hair above average speed, and Alice is below. Alice's good Mdef and bad HP cancel out so BoltX, Vulcan, Bowser Crush take her out. Emily should do enough damage for the rest of the MT damage to finish Yuri off. Ahsera is dangerous, but can't counter the MT damage and Jerin can keep up with it. Nasty floor, but it's one that plays to my teams strengths.

• Suggests the birth of an abomination
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 04:44:58 AM »
Team dude vs. Yuri2, Alice and Ashera - will get back to this one.  There's a LOT of looking up I'd have to do.

Team REPENT vs. FFT Red Chocobo, Black Chocobo and Yellow Chocobo - Black chocobo explodes within an instant.  Red and Yellow might get attacks off, but that can be healed.  And then Red gets beaten down and the team stalls to heal while Yellow fails at life.
Team REPENT vs. FF3 Geomancer, FF5 Geomancer and FFT Geomancer - Hm.  Beatdowns shall commence here.  FFT Geo is a surprisingly good fighter (and Counter Flood can be obnoxious), but a concerted effort should take him down fairly quickly.  FF5 I've heard is an interpretation pain, and FF3...well, that depends on the respect you give him.
Team REPENT vs. Mispolm and Deneb - Ah, Mispolm.  Mages hate you.  Physical fighters will just beat the ever-living shit out of you.  Like FF1 Knight and Lyn always do!  ...yeah, not much Mispolm respect here.
Team REPENT vs. Spar, Frog and Bo - Spar gets taken down before he gets a turn.  Everyone else follows suit.
Team REPENT vs. Sudowoodo, Bowyer and Yumi (S3) - I don't think there's too much here that hasn't been said.

Team Nama vs. FFT Red Chocobo, Black Chocobo and Yellow Chocobo - Choco-beatdown, second verse, same as the first.  Team should be coming in on full health here, even!
Team Nama vs. FF3 Geomancer, FF5 Geomancer and FFT Geomancer - By now, Celes now has Sleep, Mute, and Imp in her repertoire.  None of the geomancers can immune Sleep and Imp at the same time, and there's the matter of Lucian Smash to deal with.  It's easy enough to off two of them, and leave one helpless while everyone gets healed up to full with little effort.
Team Nama vs. Mispolm and Deneb - Beatdown ensues.
Team Nama vs. Spar, Frog and Bo - The main threat is of Spar getting to cast ATK-up on someone, or Frog getting a turn at low health.  Frog is also status-immune.  Fortunately, this is easy enough to deal with since Spar is really bad on the speed curve and is easily a candidate for early beatdown, while Frog's offense is...woefully suspect.  Deban makes this a bit too easy.  Kill or Status Spar, kill Frog, status Bo and heal to full.
Team Nama  vs. Sudowoodo, Bowyer and Yumi (S3) - Bowyer's first action is to summon buttons, so that he doubleacts next turn and disables one.  ...problem for him is that it's doubtful he's going to live that long, as Might Reinforced Lucian Smash should splatter him, and if it doesn't, Rika or Rand could easily finish the job.  Yumi is slow and might be Runic'd for any efforts in spellcasting--or Sudowoodo might just get statused and left to flail or sleep helplessly as first Yumi and then it get killed.

Team Sage vs. Hrist (VP1), Evil Gaia, Big Joe, Guido and Gorudo - lol
Team Sage vs. Rand, Cecil and Duran - lol.
Team Sage vs. Blissey, Axem Green, Sharanda (LoD) and Lucius - lol.
Team Sage vs. Mist Dragon, Whelk, Wingraptor (FF5) and Garland (FF1) - This might be a bit of a slow fight on the other hand.  Shouldn't be too much of a problem, though.
Team Sage vs. Laggy Fantasy Tactics Queklain - ...yeah, not sure that this team will do so badly on Floor 1 of all places.  If nothing else, Barrier+status immunity+Recovery means that Queklain is hard-pressed to do ANYTHING to Demi.

<+Nama-EmblemOfFire> ...Have the GhebFE guy and the ostian princess guy collaborate.
 <@Elecman> Seems reasonable.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 05:29:18 AM »
Don't see anything particularly dangerous on floor 7. Am I missing something? I'm assuming some of the Pokemon can do some MT? Otherwise yeah, seems like Dude utterly crushes the floor. Lots of status susceptibility.
...into the nightfall.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2011, 03:25:38 PM »
Don't see anything particularly dangerous on floor 7. Am I missing something? I'm assuming some of the Pokemon can do some MT? Otherwise yeah, seems like Dude utterly crushes the floor. Lots of status susceptibility.
Most of those fights have a ton of damage potential and can easily wipe out a team if the enemies get turns. I think my team just handles it well because with their speed and MT damage they are able to cut off the fights before they can really get nasty. It's dangerous, but my team handles large groups of enemies with average speed and Magic durability pretty well.

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2011, 04:09:17 PM »

Groudon and Kyogre both have full MT moves (Earthquake and Water Spout or Hydro Pump, respectively)

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2011, 05:10:03 PM »
I agree with dude, this floor plays to his strengths.Pass for Team Dude.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2011, 09:42:35 AM »
Teams REPENT, Nama, Sage vs Dungeon

@ dude what happens in that last fight if you allow Alice access to both sets of panties?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 03:12:55 PM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2011, 03:59:28 PM »
Teams REPENT, Nama, Sage vs Dungeon

@ dude what happens in that last fight if you allow Alice access to both sets of panties?
She'll have to go for a Leonardo's Bear/panties/panties set or else Deis just IDs her which leaves her vulnerable to status. She'll probably get a turn but won't be able to do much with it and if you see Jerin's confuse hitting turn one then she won't be able to do anything productive. If you don't see that as hitting turn one then Bowser Fears her before she gets a turn. At that point she has a couple of options. First of all is reviving Yuri which is mostly pointless as the team will just take him out before he gets a turn again. She can try Advent, but after Fear it won't do a whole lot and Jerin can just Valor away the damage if Asura goes for an MT move that turn. Putting a defensive buff on Asura is probably her best move, but the team can just wait it out if they have to. So, if you allow both panties, Alice gets a turn but can't do a whole lot beside slow the team down a bit and she's going down on turn two.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2011, 04:07:27 AM »
* Clear Tranquil nods

Well Alice's revival is full but if your team is so fast they are looping during the next cycle before Yuri gets a turn at all in the fight anyway then yeah that's not an issue since yeah Alice won't get the chance to heal herself if she uses Resurection on Yuri due to being significantly dented from the wave of assault from your team during the first round. So more MT during the second cycle shoud finish her off yeah. It is the last fight of the floor so I am willing to be lenient here. If it was earlier and or your overall team offence didn't seem to be so good I might blab some about resources but. Also I have a fair amount of Lenus respect for the fourth fight but as far I know your team doesn't have any Albert/Kongol's in it :P Since speed blitz is what I favour in LoD as well I can see you handing her from what I know of your team.

Team dude vs Dungeon
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2011, 03:00:35 AM »
All teams pass.