Register

Author Topic: Minimeet Westcoast 2011 - Interest?  (Read 8304 times)

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
Re: Minimeet Westcoast 2011 - Interest?
« Reply #75 on: November 22, 2011, 11:28:08 PM »
Good stuff. Glad to see everyone again, I am sad that Gate and Jenna had a bad weekend but I hope we could brighten it a little!

Andy and Ash, your friends were very fun! Good hanging out as always, and thanks Ash for showing us around.

Monkey, sorry we dragged you around everywhere, hope you had fun anyway. =)

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggy! Saga Frontier marathon for the win. The nerd brigade was out in full force. Had fun chatting with you as always.

Snowfire, very nice to meet you, you are very sweet (even if you are MISOGYNIST!!!! :p). I appreciated the fun discussions on history.~

The adventure in San Fran was fun. I think all three of us want to move there now (for a variety of reasons)! Otherwise, just general gaming and talking was good times.

I am glad to be away from the cat though. >_>
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Monkeyfinger

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 23, 2011, 11:16:56 PM »
Monkey, sorry we dragged you around everywhere, hope you had fun anyway. =)

I enjoyed all of it except for the walk down by the bay, where the occupy remnants were, since I've walked up and down those streets so fucking many times when I was working as a courier down there. Unfortunately that was the first thing we did. It's never pleasant to have days like that begin on a sour note.

The castro was quite a sight. Like Ashley said, you have to see it in person to believe just how spot on its reputation is.

Picture of the whole group, courtesy of andy:

« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 11:21:22 PM by Monkeyfinger »

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #77 on: November 25, 2011, 07:21:34 PM »
Which one is Snowfire?

Picture of the whole group, courtesy of andy:

I call shenanigans. Andy is -in- the picture.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 25, 2011, 07:34:56 PM »
Snowfire is far right. And yeah, Ashley took the picture.

Minimeet was a lot of fun. The I-5 drive isn't as much fun in November as it is in the summer due to much more darkness and rain, but that's okay.

It was really fun to hang out with Gate, really chill guy and a lot of fun to talk to. It's really unfortunate that some higher power seemed to have it in for his/Jenna's family this weekend.

Snowfire was pretty great to meet. I'm pretty sure Google has installed something in his brain, the man knows almost everything. Really fun guy. Also it was fun to watch some over-the-shoulder CStW playing.

Andy and Ashley... thanks for taking some time out of a very busy weekend to show us around the city. Wish I'd gotten a chance to play more games with them + the friends they brought over, I was just distracted by talking to Gate/Laggy at the time.

Laggy is great, fun to nerd about with almost everything. Saga Frontier group speedrun was silly fun, we did many things wrong though! It can be improved!

Monkey, glad you were able to make it out since we only see you at occasional DLcons (for understandable reasons). It was fun to chat with you.

But yeah, great to see everyone again, had a lot of fun, would do again, etc.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.