Register

Author Topic: Minimeet Westcoast 2011 - Interest?  (Read 8310 times)

metroid composite

• m_ACac
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Minimeet Westcoast 2011 - Interest?
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2011, 08:54:50 PM »
As it happens, I might be in SF on Monday for an interview, so I might catch the tail end of this.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2011, 09:03:02 PM »
Awesomeness.

As we're still planning exactly when we'll be heading out of town... any idea what time you'll be available?

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Lady Door

• Coming up with words is, like...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ... really hard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2011, 11:15:40 PM »
Do de do...

Andrew works Saturday, too, and I totally forgot. That means I have no access to the car. Only on Sunday.

So... best I can say is that our presence is going to be a little spotty at this mini-meet! Working on making it work, but man has this been a complicated season.
<Demedais> Humans look like cars to me.
<AndrewRogue> That must be confusing in parking lots

metroid composite

• m_ACac
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2011, 12:50:04 PM »
Awesomeness.

As we're still planning exactly when we'll be heading out of town... any idea what time you'll be available?

False alarm: I'm not going to be in town, because the place I was going to interview with doesn't want to compete with the big boys, and instead would rather wait and cross their fingers hoping that I get no offers, and maybe fly me in later.

Pansies.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2011, 05:42:31 AM »
Due to a small twist of fortune, I am not working on Saturday. Hurrah.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2011, 07:08:03 AM »
Yay for andies not working on Saturday.

Boo for lack of MCs even for tail end of meet.

Also, for those planning on coming over tomorrow, I will be cooking something for dinner. Probably portuguese(sp?) chicken(that spicy chicken stew I did at DLC3).
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2011, 04:35:04 PM »
'tis Friday!

Leaving this here for anyone who's coming, since I maybe afk and unable to answer pokes in chat. Coming over anytime after 9 today is fine, call ahead if you can but if it would require paying either hotel phone costs or roaming fees from a canadian cell phone, feel free to just show up.
<%Laggy> no not really.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2011, 06:34:09 PM »
We likely won't be able to leave East Bay until sometime after ~6pm. I'll be dragging a couple board games over. If there is anything people would like specifically (video games, specific board games, etc), then just go ahead and drop a line here!

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 18, 2011, 07:54:26 PM »
Just remember to grab controllers if we're going to play any HoD(or anything else multiplayer on the PS3), as I only have 2.
<%Laggy> no not really.

Monkeyfinger

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 18, 2011, 11:33:12 PM »
Had to go to the eye doctor today, couldn't show. Will probably make it on the other days.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2011, 08:01:11 AM »
It looks like Saturday will be the day of San Francisco tourism after all, for reference.  (And if it isn't, give me a call!)

I proposed the Palace of the Legion of Honor + Golden Gate Park on the northwest of the city, but who knows, there's cool stuff in the southeast of the city too.  Slight preference to not see the classic touristy areas like Fisherman's Wharf too much, if at all.  (Would perhaps be down for a run on the Ghiradelli itself in Ghiradelli Square, but that'd be about it.)

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Generations of suffering & all I got was a stick
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2011, 08:31:05 AM »
I will make it there tomorrow, but probably will be dead due to ridiculous marathon of 14+ hour workdays. Will pass on touristy stuff.

EDIT: Uh yeah, it's 6:30am right now and I'm still at work. Probably will be out by 7, and god knows when I'll wake up. So expect me in the later end of the day.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 02:27:44 PM by Laggy »
<Eph> When Laggy was there to fuel my desire to open crates, my life was happy.  Now I'm stuck playing a shitty moba and playing Anime RPGs.

Lady Door

• Coming up with words is, like...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ... really hard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 19, 2011, 04:19:33 PM »
Andy and I are planning on driving today, because if we plan to hit GGP and the Presidio as well as Fisherman's Wharf, we're not going to want to have to walk/deal with buses. Just takes too long.

Andy's still asleep right now, so I figure we're still looking at getting over there around 10:30ish. If anyone's up, do we want to meet up to grab an early lunch somewhere?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 04:23:50 PM by Lady Door »
<Demedais> Humans look like cars to me.
<AndrewRogue> That must be confusing in parking lots

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2011, 05:00:17 PM »
I'm the only one up over here right now. I'll get the rest of the guys up, and figure...prolly closer to 11 or 11:30 is when we'll want to meet.

For Monkey/Laggy, the vancouver group at least will be returning to my place in teh evening(dunno about Andy/Ash), so there will be stuff going on here this evening. Prolly just board games or maybe another shot at HoD, but stuff nontheless.
<%Laggy> no not really.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2011, 06:13:14 PM »
Andy/Ash/Snowfire, do any of you have a suggestion of where to meet up? Somewhere where parking isn't too big a nightmare would be optimum, though I'm not sure how picky we can be in SF.
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2011, 06:23:30 PM »
Not really, although ideally some place I can get to via mass transit, unless a car is willing to pick me up.

I'm here.  Can get to BART / the SF streetcars easily though.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2011, 06:38:16 PM »
Given where Snowfire's hotel is, and that we don't yet have a plan, and that Ashley and I need to eat something, I think we'll just start up over by Union Square.

We're going to park at the Sutter Stockton Street Parking Garage, 444 Stockton Street. Then we'll meet up at the ice rink on Union Square at, say, 11:15. If you need to find us, Ashley's cell is 510-730-2665.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2011, 04:57:25 PM »
So between the vancouver group and Snowfire having already left, and the landlord coming over later today with a plumber(water line that connects to the toilet randomly came disconnected. Water *EVERYWHERE*), I think we can call minimeet officially wrapped up since things going on today just isn't happening.

Hope everyone had fun~
<%Laggy> no not really.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 21, 2011, 09:02:26 PM »
=( That sucks. Good luck on that.

Thanks for hosting. It was a blast. Our other friends enjoyed meeting you all too!

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2011, 09:08:14 PM »
And now there needs to be a People Rundown so I can pretend like I met everyone who was there!

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 22, 2011, 03:02:06 AM »
A brief gaming report on the parts I was at.  Ended up playing a bunch with Andrew & Ashley, it seemed.

Friday - Chatting + Dixit.  Ecuadorians were Enraged by Tigers, or something, and memes proved useful message-passing code.

Saturday - Walking around San Francisco a fair deal.  Gawked at the Occupy SF tents + preached the strange virtues of Lovecraft at a geeky bookstore + ate ice cream, which qualifies as a fine day by my standards.  Back at Gate's, there were two rounds of The Resistance into Shadows Over Camelot.  For those that don't know, The Resistance is basically a simplified Mafia variant.  In the first game, the dire Matriarchy infiltrated the freedom-loving Bros, and it looked rough...  except..  the girls did enough strange things + guys redeeming themselves in the final voting round for us to feel good about a final team of all 4 guys, excluding the 3 spy girls.  Which proved to be correct, as Great Mother HQ then exploded after the succesful mission or something.  In the sequel game (which added Kiernan for 5 guys / 3 girls), the women, jealous over their loss of dominion, banded together to overthrow the Patriarchy, recruiting a few saps to help them do so (uh, including me, actually), but the guv's were too strong.  Our teams ended up pretty much perfect null reads, and we weren't getting any useful ability cards, so it was kind of a slaughter in favor of the manly government spies (all 3 men, against the 3 woman / 2 man rebels).  For Shadows, all I have to say is that King ArthurFire runs a tight ship.  He's a good judge of character and thus can totally take credit for the fact that no Traitor was dealt out.  ....that said the game was extremely chancy for awhile, and probably would have ended in failure had we had an actual traitor, since there was a genuine town screw-up.  Sir Galahad (?) unwisely suggested the Black Knight was a wimp to Sir Laggiato, causing them to confidently eat a health damage before fighting the joust, sure of their victory + free healing...  until the Black Knight's lance entered their skull.  Oops.  We remember their brave sacrifice, though.

Sunday - Played Ascension against Andrew / Ashley / Monkey, a Dominion-variant I brought.  Ended up being a slightly freaky match due to the monsters being extremely clumpy, possibly due to insufficient shuffling + the previous people playing the set having sorted their banish piles by type for some reason.  (Or just weird luck.)  My Lifebound free-veep harvesters ended up taking the day, though Andy made it very close with his psychotic 5-combat-power-a-round Mechana artifact repertoire.  Meanwhile DarkHolyElf + Laggy were playing some other game in back.  Forget the name, something like Slalom Frontier.  They weren't very good, it seemed, as they kept dying despite consulting a FAQ.  Tsk.  I showed off a bit of Cthulhu Saves The World while this was going on, and we also took a few walks.  I got to the top of a nearby hill for some sweet views of the Pacific, and a bunch of us all went down to near the cliffs to see the ocean up close as well.  There was a brief bit of button-mashing fighting games towards the end, as well - SSF4 and Marvel vs. Capcom 3, but I had to leave for the airport, so I have no idea how long that continued.  Smash would have been fun but we should have brought more GameCube controllers; not having them, we didn't even try.

Thanks again to Gatewalker for the place + food, and hope the house gets fixed soon.  Pretty fun.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 22, 2011, 07:55:43 AM »
We Vancouverites are home! We decided to blitz the trip~
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 22, 2011, 08:06:45 AM »
SF in the morning, home before midnight, flawless victory.

It was a lot of fun and I really enjoyed spending time with everyone! I will say more when I am not exhausted.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 22, 2011, 09:54:23 AM »
That is a PB for the drive?

Ciatos this is not the first time he has done it.  I think this is proof that his mind has been taken over by the math and he is now a human robot.  You know what to do.  You kill him and you absorb his powers.  Then you will be unstoppable.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #74 on: November 22, 2011, 05:10:46 PM »
I want to know more about this Slalom Frontier.