Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 53  (Read 1499 times)

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 53
« on: August 12, 2011, 06:10:21 PM »

"Ah... perhaps I went too far again. My apologies, But I encourage you to try again... In the meantime, let us see what new tricks you can show me!"

Team dude and Sage vs. Dungeon
Team REPENT, Nama vs. Dungeon

Link to the Dungeon Wiki!

----------------
Team REPENT | LFT ZALMO, Geno, FF1 Knight, Lyn, Tia w/Body Charge
[Floor 4: Diff'rent Strokes]
Team REPENT vs. Hahn, Tia, Luna, Mareg and Shana
Team REPENT vs. Palom, Porom, Edward and Yang
Team REPENT vs. Albel, Roger Huxley and Peppita
Team REPENT vs. Gandar, Belenus, Lawfer, Arngrim and Shiho
Team REPENT vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf and Reis

Team Nama | Rika (Life), Celes, Lucian+Shiho, Rand
[Celes: Kirin(M), Siren(M), Shoat(M), Unicorn(M), Zoneseeker/Seraphim]  Esper Guide
Team Nama vs. Hahn, Tia, Luna, Mareg and Shana
Team Nama vs. Palom, Porom, Edward and Yang
Team Nama vs. Albel, Roger Huxley and Peppita
Team Nama vs. Gandar, Belenus, Lawfer, Arngrim and Shiho
Team Nama vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf and Reis

Team Magic | Yuri 2, Shania, Blanca, Ricardo, Lucia  (Synergy)
[Blanca: Cure, Aqua Edge] [Lucia: Surge] [Ricardo: Cure]
[Floor 1: Starting off Again (Beginning of the game)]
Team Magic vs. Hrist (VP1), Evil Gaia, Big Joe, Guido and Gorudo
Team Magic vs. Rand, Cecil and Duran
Team Magic vs. Blissey, Axem Green, Sharanda (LoD) and Lucius
Team Magic vs. Mist Dragon, Whelk, Wingraptor (FF5) and Garland (FF1)
Team Magic vs. Laggy Fantasy Tactics Queklain

Synergy (Shadow Hearts): Blanca, Ricardo and Lucia start with 1 Stellar Crest. 1 Extra Crest is gained per floor and may be granted to one of the three.

Speed? - The speed of the bearer is set to 120% average speed and may not be increased. The rest of the team is set to 95% of their normal speed (not set to 95% period) and may have their speed increased.

Body Charge - Increases the health, damage and effective speed of a character by 1.3x and decreases damage to them to .7x.

Life - One character's healing effects now also allows for revival, but reduces the final effect of any healing to 75%. (This means full healing is always 75%) The healing also only revives characters with 1 HP. The healing received from spells that hit more than one target may be used as revival once per battle.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 09:37:07 PM by Nephrite »

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 53
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 06:59:49 PM »
My kneejerk is that Tia status will let me pass relatively unscathed, for all that I don't particularly feel up to breaking things down right now.  I can possibly manage without as well, but I feel less up to breaking that route down.  Thinking that Nama's team ought to be able to manage as well, for all that I'm less confident there.  Can't vote on Magic's team.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 10:06:30 PM by Random Consonant »

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 07:28:26 PM »
Kind of curious, but did team sage get a lot of last minute votes in chat or something? Last I saw in the topic he had something like 4 fails and 1 pass.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 07:59:19 PM »
I wondered about that myself to be honest.

Nitori

• Denizen
  • The only thing YOU'RE onto is your mot-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2011, 09:03:06 PM »
Sage literally hacking
<Ko-NitoriisSulpher> roll 1d100 to grade Nitori?
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2011, 09:36:34 PM »
Kind of curious, but did team sage get a lot of last minute votes in chat or something? Last I saw in the topic he had something like 4 fails and 1 pass.

Nope, you're absolutely correct, I misread a lot of things when I posted because I was distracted. -_-

My apologies, I'll get it fixed.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2011, 11:38:39 AM »
I'm...  Probably too lazy to really break down this floor, but...

Team REPENT vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf and Reis - Tia and Geno laugh at this floor.

[Celes: Kirin(M), Siren(M), Shoat(M), Unicorn(M), Zoneseeker/Seraphim]  Esper Guide
Team Nama vs. Palom, Porom, Edward and Yang
Team Nama vs. Albel, Roger Huxley and Peppita
Team Nama vs. Gandar, Belenus, Lawfer, Arngrim and Shiho
Team Nama vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf and Reis - Less clear-cut than Team REPENT, but Rika can probably take care of problems that arise before Celes gets a turn.  Else, Might Reinforce + Lucian.

Team Magic vs. Hrist (VP1), Evil Gaia, Big Joe, Guido and Gorudo
Team Magic vs. Rand, Cecil and Duran
Team Magic vs. Blissey, Axem Green, Sharanda (LoD) and Lucius
Team Magic vs. Mist Dragon, Whelk, Wingraptor (FF5) and Garland (FF1)
Team Magic vs. Laggy Fantasy Tactics Queklain - Mind Assault = Win.  Lots of healing, too.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2011, 04:49:21 AM »
Sure, pass on Team Fanatic based off Mind Assault hype keeping Yuri2 afloat at worst.

Don't know Team Nama quite as well, but sure, pass for him too, unless PS4 experts think fight 1 does lasting damage.  Yang and his sleep claw are the main scary thing about Fight 2, but Palom & Porom should die before they get turns, and then it's all cool.  Fight 3, Celes is still above-average speed here and has Zoneseek, so she hilariously gets to MP kill Peppita with Rasp.  Don't think Albel and Roger can inflict any notable damage even if they win the speedbreak against Lucian / Shiho.  Fight 4, never sure how I feel about VP's all-status blocker, but Celes has dirty status tricks without it, and moreover, Rika has Saner.  And improving evade really screws over team VP since it makes it harder for them to get a PWS off.  For the last fight, I inflict Cloud with both a level penalty and charge times, and everyone else is slow naturally, so yeah, that isn't going to work.  Celes his status vulnerabilities, Rika does something evil, Lucian & Shiho kill Cloud then Beowulf.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2011, 08:51:13 AM »
My kneejerk is that Tia status will let me pass relatively unscathed, for all that I don't particularly feel up to breaking things down right now.  I can possibly manage without as well, but I feel less up to breaking that route down.  Thinking that Nama's team ought to be able to manage as well, for all that I'm less confident there.  Can't vote on Magic's team.

Isn't Tia's status pretty much 50/50 ST status? I really wish those Lufia spells had some notations.

Tia is very fast (140%ish), Geno is probably 130%ish, Knight is a bit fast??? (FF 1 Speed), Lyn is average, Zalmo is like 85%
Team REPENT vs. Hahn, Tia, Luna, Mareg and Shana- Geno IDs Shana. Tia does...50% status. Knight and Lyn can take out Hahn, but Luna can but 3 of 4 susceptible to sleep. But Zalmo can cure status on someone. I don't forsee problems getting out of this, but I could foresee issues with Zalmo getting out of it (I don't remember original's support credit being great at all).
Team REPENT vs. Palom, Porom, Edward and Yang- Geno can ID a twin, the two fighters can finish off the other.
Team REPENT vs. Albel, Roger Huxley and Peppita- Here I'm less sure. They try to rush Peppita? This could probably work, but really needs Knight to go before all 3 SO 3 characters. I feel like Tia is just too big a question mark for me.
Team REPENT vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf and Reis - Tia and Geno laugh at this floor.

Team Nama vs. Hahn, Tia, Luna, Mareg and Shana- Rika IDs Shana, Celes statuses Luna, Lucian smashes Hahn.
Team Nama vs. Palom, Porom, Edward and Yang- PsyShield is pretty early, so Rika has one. Even if Yang and Edward go first, they can't take out all the necessary people with status, so both twins go down and Rand heals the status.
Team Nama vs. Albel, Roger Huxley and Peppita- Illusion is quite helpful here. MT evasion up takes the bite out of the status. Not...thinking too hard on this, but that+decent amounts of status healing should do it.
Team Nama vs. Gandar, Belenus, Lawfer, Arngrim and Shiho- ID Shiho+lots of reviving
Team Nama vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf and Reis
...into the nightfall.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2011, 02:00:03 PM »
Tia's status is 50% ST, half that if MT'ed.  (Perish and Destroy are 25% and 50% ST respectively but I don't think Random has those yet)

Team REPENT vs. Hahn, Tia, Luna, Mareg and Shana- Enemy Tia gets whirled (Or OHKOed by Knight), Hahn gets eaten alive by a Lyn double. Doubt they can kill off Tia.
Team REPENT vs. Palom, Porom, Edward and Yang- Yang can put one person to sleep of his choice, but it doesn't tilt the fight. Geno Whirl and Lyn can each OHKO a twin, and Knight/Tia can one round the other at worst. 
Team REPENT vs. Albel, Roger Huxley and Peppita- Geno+Tia+Lyn should be able to kill off Albel. Peppita/Roger can effectively annoy the team, but don't think they can down Tia, which is fight. 
Team REPENT vs. Gandar, Belenus, Lawfer, Arngrim and Shiho- Goooooood question. Whirl kills Arngrim, sleep knocks out another. That leaves Knight/Lyn to wipe out Gandar. I don't think they can get off a PWS and kill Tia at that point, though I'm open to arguments. Whirl kills another (How much FP does Geno have anyway?) Zalmo heals as needed. Pretty sure they do win though.
Team REPENT vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf and Reis- Mmm. Beowulf needs to die before he gets a turn. Cloud is going to FT one person (Reis's action is irrelevant), so they should be able to do it- all the damage dealers are faster than Beo. Cloud can status one person, but it's not enough. Zalmo also immunes FT which is a tremendous help. Once Beo's down, it's just a matter of round robin revival/healing and picking off the team.

Team Nama vs. Hahn, Tia, Luna, Mareg and Shana- Rika IDs one person, Lucia/Shiho do their usual smiting on Hahn, etc. Pretty straightforward.
Team Nama vs. Palom, Porom, Edward and Yang- See above. Yang can disable one person but it's not enough- twins aren't going to live to see a turn.
Team Nama vs. Albel, Roger Huxley and Peppita- Saner walls this team so hard, it's not funny.
Team Nama vs. Gandar, Belenus, Lawfer, Arngrim and Shiho- And this one. Rika saners, Celes (Who is above average at this point) statuses out Gandar, Lucian/Shiho smite another.
Team Nama vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf and Reis- Should be able to rush this fight.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 06:17:11 PM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2011, 06:03:09 PM »
Geno's got enough FP for about 5-6 Whirls.  Don't think I need to use it more than four times anyways.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2011, 08:22:55 PM »
Peppita could counter Knight's stuff well enough I think. Dunno why Random would want to down Albel first either, Peppita has the better damage/MT/status/MP damage/healing/support options. Could be sold on a magic blitz down of Peppita though if that's an option for Random at all (status ... bang on 50% is probably T2 not sure how lenient to be here .. I usually am quite lenient w/th status rates - 51% would do it for T1 even!~)

Dunno about Rasp hype for Nama since I've forgotten how it's MP damage works exactly and Peppita has solid MP/MP recovery options but status hype in general/Celes being faster works I think. Saner hype takes care of the rest after.

Team Magic passes. Not inclined to allow Sharanda starting SPs on F1 which would be my only worry otherwise. White Silver dragon hurts especially vs weakness~
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 12:03:48 AM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2011, 05:35:16 AM »
MP-draining in the DL is a bit of a call-it-by-ear area.  Unlike SO3, it's not really possible to have a damage-curve for MP damage since I think *Cyan* is the only one who can MP-drain legally..  except that if you never equip an Esper you have 0 MP, so arguably he doesn't even matter.  (*maybe* Gau can MP-drain?  No idea...  it'd only be half the time anyway if he can.)  As holistic argument, a single Rasp will sometimes nuke an enemy's MP, and 4 Rasps certainly will wipe out your average non-mini boss enemy's MP supply barring weird enemies. 

If you instead compare the amount Rasp'd to how much you get off Osmose...  well, Osmose is basically guaranteed to fully restore your MP.  Sage's Eviltype nerfed the power from 25 to 5 (!!!) IIRC, and it still gets 3/4 of your MP back or so early if you've got Celes's Magic stat, and your full supply late if you've upped your Magic power at all.  Rasp has power 10, so that's 1.5x PCMP or so in MP damage compared to the amount of MP your characters have?  Something like that.  I'd say Rasp is pretty crazy and certainly an MP OHKO most of the time, which makes SO3 characters all frowny.

• Suggests the birth of an abomination
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2011, 08:50:52 AM »
Team REPENT vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf and Reis - I can GET HYPE here.

- This one's a slaughter.  Rika's got enough Elim charges to make it an option throughout the floor now, so as a result, no fewer than thre people die this turn--most likely Hahn, Luna, and Shana.  Tia can try for a revive, but I'm not too worried there.  Mareg gets imp'd to allow for general healing distribution, as always.

New spells: Rasp, Osmose

Team Nama vs. Palom, Porom, Edward and Yang - Rika has Psy-gear as an option--both shield and crown if need be.  Too many people are able to live through the initial status blitz.  Twins die.  Then Yang and Edward die.
Team Nama vs. Albel, Roger Huxley and Peppita - Saner's to the point where it starts wrecking accuracy.  SO3 team hates this.  SO3 also hates laers of status options (and Osmose) like crazy.
Team Nama vs. Gandar, Belenus, Lawfer, Arngrim and Shiho - Saner.  Again.  Gandar gets imp'd, Evil!Shiho gets splattered.  Evadehax to prevent buildup and then systetmatically pick off the other three.  Before using Imp!Gandar to sit there and heal to full for the next fight.

New Spell: Life

Team Nama vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf and Reis - Really, the two actual threats here are Cloud and Beowulf.  Cloud has jack shit for evade.  Beowulf is evasive, but slow.  It just takes one of them being dead, or Cloud being caught in a chargetime, to pull this fight apart.  Should be rushable.

Team Magic vs. Hrist (VP1), Evil Gaia, Big Joe, Guido and Gorudo - ...ahahahahahahahaha it's still terrible.
Team Magic vs. Rand, Cecil and Duran - Cecil's the one to take down here, and...well, Double Harmonixer rushdown should get them through this slog.  Alongside the ton of healing.
Team Magic vs. Blissey, Axem Green, Sharanda (LoD) and Lucius - This comes down to how the turns line up.  LoD characters typically take a turn to get going...though I'm pretty sure Blissey's a bit of a tank and Lucius has his evade game going on.  This...looks to be a long and frustrating fight either way.
Team Magic vs. Mist Dragon, Whelk, Wingraptor (FF5) and Garland (FF1) - If the party came out of the last one in good shape, this one's a damn joke.  Beat the crap out of Wingraptor, and then heal up in the interim.  ...though it may be possible for them to gang up on and take down Lucia or one of the
Team Magic vs. Laggy Fantasy Tactics Queklain - This is all coming down to how well the team made it through the second and third fights, mainly.  Enough living people and they should be able to beat Queklain down before he statuses them all to death.  I'm abstaining here.
<+Nama-EmblemOfFire> ...Have the GhebFE guy and the ostian princess guy collaborate.
 <@Elecman> Seems reasonable.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2011, 03:03:44 AM »
Everyone passes