Author Topic: Tourney 2011 Round 3  (Read 2885 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Tourney 2011 Round 3
« on: August 22, 2011, 06:32:55 AM »
Godlike

Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Zophar (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete)
Ashera (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Sora (Kingdom Hearts Series)
Claude C. Kenni (Star Ocean: The Second Story) vs Souji Seta (Persona 4)
Tir McDohl (Suikoden Series) vs Jenna Angel (Digital Devil Saga)

Avalon (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) vs Xorn (Grandia III)
Ryu (Breath of Fire III) vs Cloud of Darkness (Final Fantasy III)
Ghaleon (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete) vs Isolde (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis)
Weisheit (Wild ARMs XF) vs Fou-Lu (Breath of Fire IV)

Heavy

Rei (Breath of Fire III) vs Hugo (Suikoden III)
Shadow Teddie (Person 4) vs Arnaud (Wild ARMs 4)
Marcello (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of Cursed King) vs Lloyd (Legend of Dragoon)
Edgar (Final Fantasy VI) vs Harken (Wild ARMs)

Shadow Maya (Persona 2: Innocent Sin) vs Chie Satonaka (Persona 4)
Elliot (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) vs Justin (Grandia)
Red (SaGa Frontier) vs Pamela Ibis (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis)
Wren (Phantasy Star IV) vs Surt (Valkyrie Profile)

Middle

Florina (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) vs Shante (Arc the Lad II)
Tear Grants (Tales of the Abyss) vs Estellise Sidos Heurassein (Tales of Vesperia)
Caina (Wild ARMs 2) vs Lise (Seiken Densetsu 3)
Lightning (Final Fantasy XIII) vs Tifa Lockhart (Final Fantasy VII)

Aht (Radiant Historia) vs Domingo (Shining Force)
Mathias (Suikoden V) vs Seifer Almasy (Final Fantasy VIII)
Yulie Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4) vs Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)
Albert Serdio (Legend of Dragoon) vs Sara (Breath of Fire)

Light

Nana (Grandia) vs Raja (Phantasy Star IV)
Sunset (Live a Live) vs Mao (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)
Kid (Chrono Cross) vs Akaghi (Suikoden IV)
Judith (Tales of Vesperia) vs Basculin (Pokémon)

Piccolo (Suikoden III) vs Roger Huxley (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)
Aisha (Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen) vs Frank Goldfinger (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)
Shana (Legend of Dragoon) vs Melody Valenti (Wild ARMs 3)
Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Rinoa Heartily (Final Fantasy VIII)

Giant Puni Lily (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Seibzhen (Xenogears)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
Re: Tourney 2011 Round 3
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 06:47:29 AM »
Godlike

Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Zophar (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete)

Avalon (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) vs Xorn (Grandia III)
Ghaleon (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete) vs Isolde (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis)

Heavy

Rei (Breath of Fire III) vs Hugo (Suikoden III)
Marcello (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of Cursed King) vs Lloyd (Legend of Dragoon)

Middle

Tear Grants (Tales of the Abyss) vs Estellise Sidos Heurassein (Tales of Vesperia)

Light

Aisha (Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen) vs Frank Goldfinger (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)
Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Rinoa Heartily (Final Fantasy VIII)

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 07:01:09 AM »
Heavy
Edgar (Final Fantasy VI) vs Harken (Wild ARMs) - wa1o harken why are you so bad

Middle
Florina (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) vs Shante (Arc the Lad II) - yep
Caina (Wild ARMs 2) vs Lise (Seiken Densetsu 3) - kneejerking
Aht (Radiant Historia) vs Domingo (Shining Force) - Domingo can't stop Dreamless from doing its fell work.

Light
Nana (Grandia) vs Raja (Phantasy Star IV) - oh screw this

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 07:39:00 AM »
Godlike

Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Zophar (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete)- Zophar is about 1.6 PC HP to me, so Lady can rush decently easily.

Avalon (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) vs Xorn (Grandia III)- Gut
Ryu (Breath of Fire III) vs Cloud of Darkness (Final Fantasy III)- Gut
Ghaleon (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete) vs Isolde (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis)- Gut
Weisheit (Wild ARMs XF) vs Fou-Lu (Breath of Fire IV)- Weisheit needs 2 attacks, and Fou Lu can 3HKO at worst

Heavy

Rei (Breath of Fire III) vs Hugo (Suikoden III)- Protectors+Block ID+Speed+Death
Shadow Teddie (Person 4) vs Arnaud (Wild ARMs 4)- Uh...gut of Shadow Teddie is horrible (or should be in a duel), but he has magic and is durable so...probably this
Marcello (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of Cursed King) vs Lloyd (Legend of Dragoon)- Multiple actions versus counters go!
Edgar (Final Fantasy VI) vs Harken (Wild ARMs)- Surprised Harken made it here. Seemed like she only had 1 vote last time thanks to playership issues or something

Elliot (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) vs Justin (Grandia)- Faster 2HKO

Middle

Aht (Radiant Historia) vs Domingo (Shining Force)- Or something.
Yulie Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4) vs Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)- Sigh. She'll never kill him to me (26K WA 4 kill point), but she can recover MP or something.

Light

Kid (Chrono Cross) vs Akaghi (Suikoden IV)- Evade

Aisha (Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen) vs Frank Goldfinger (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)- Gut, but close
Shana (Legend of Dragoon) vs Melody Valenti (Wild ARMs 3)- Shana can damage her once maybe, but not OHKO.
Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Rinoa Heartily (Final Fantasy VIII)- Well, Lily's Pdur isn't too bad after blocking, but Rinoa may still 3HKO.

...into the nightfall.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 07:46:12 AM »
Has the MT to blow up all of Zophar's parts.  Probably does not in fact kill Zophar's main body in the initial volley, but her final attack makes it close after Zophar's Fate Storm, and I'll take close as a solid excuse to vote against Zophar.

Heavy

I guess, if Lloyd resolves 2 Spheres.

I guess.

Middle

Some status nonsense?  Unless Lise could block it, or Caina can be Silenced.
Tifa has .96 PCHP.  Two turns of Lightning just spamming attack do .98 PCHP damage (including Powerchain's little boost).  HOWEVER Tifa arguably sets a level 2 limit and interrupts when Lightning has finished 4/5 of her second turn's attacks or something?  ...dunno, while I would allow Limits to interrupt, if you start a limit while an enemy is in the middle of an attack animation, it finishes up first, and not sure I'd let Tifa freeze Lightning's attacks, meaning she has to jam "A" repeatedly and probably get some Misses on her L2 anyway. 

Flip side, if Tifa goes first, it goes Tifa - Lightning -Tifa Limit.  That might be fatal, and since Lightning is only barely 2HKOing and it's slightly front-loaded thanks to powerchain, she can't chip around it.  Good fight, this ends up a speed tiebreak then.

[02:40] <+SnowFire> d2
[02:40] * +Hatbot --> "SnowFire rolls d2 and gets 1." [d2=1]
Looks like hatbot favors Lightning.

While I let ye old FF8 PC block status, nooot really in Seifer's case.
Drains Yulie out.
Can't slug fast enough?

Light

This is sad.
DEFEND hype?!

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 08:12:37 AM »
Godlike

Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Zophar (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete): Lady has a decent argument to kill Zophar with the blitz, but my kneejerk is she misses it.

Tir McDohl (Suikoden Series) vs Jenna Angel (Digital Devil Saga): I'm still okay with the HP buffering I suppose.

Avalon (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) vs Xorn (Grandia III): Substantially better once the limit comes out to play.
Ryu (Breath of Fire III) vs Cloud of Darkness (Final Fantasy III): Probably faster, so avoids Bad Breath related shenanigans.
Ghaleon (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete) vs Isolde (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis): Kneejerk vote. I admittedly haven't mathed this one out and could be wrong, so can easily be swayed by arguments.
Weisheit (Wild ARMs XF) vs Fou-Lu (Breath of Fire IV): Weisheit might instant double and might 2HKO. I kinda doubt it, and he needs both calls.

Heavy

Rei (Breath of Fire III) vs Hugo (Suikoden III): I think Wind of Sleep is probably faster than Rei?
Marcello (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of Cursed King) vs Lloyd (Legend of Dragoon): Marcello needs 3 turns to kill Lloyd, which gives Lloyd two of his own turns + his last guaranteed turn + at least one counter since Marcello must make 6 attacks. Marcello ain't surviving all that.
Edgar (Final Fantasy VI) vs Harken (Wild ARMs): ACF has an easy win. WA1o... actually isn't a bad match for once! Though probably still loses.

Elliot (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) vs Justin (Grandia): Can Justin even stop Moveblock? If not, total rape. If so... probably still loses, Elliot is way faster and probably manages to keep his 2HKO here.
Red (SaGa Frontier) vs Pamela Ibis (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis): So, Saga multi-element attacks. They hit the best possible defence, but when determining whether they get nulled? Any and all elements count. So... yeah, Re-Al-Phoenix runs smack into physical immunity, as does... everything else Red does I think.
Wren (Phantasy Star IV) vs Surt (Valkyrie Profile): Uh oh, it's Surt against fire resistance. Wren might well have been able to take him even without that, which is pretty impressive.

Middle

Caina (Wild ARMs 2) vs Lise (Seiken Densetsu 3): Gate of MK Teacher leads to status hell. And uh probably outslugs anyway. This match makes me feel better about Lise/Cray since Caina smashes both.
Lightning (Final Fantasy XIII) vs Tifa Lockhart (Final Fantasy VII): I guess that whole "turtle until summon" strategy works well on Tifa, which is good because Lightning can't dodge a limit ever. Provided TP builds with time/useless healing and not just doing damage (which gives Tifa a limit) or taking damage (Tifa won't attack either).

Aht (Radiant Historia) vs Domingo (Shining Force): Sigh. I think Aht beating Melbu is basically completely ridiculous (unless you're Tal) and in general think a few people are being pretty biased towards her. Also, looks like the match should have been a tie? But it hardly matters, she could have won the tiebreak. Anyway, screw this match and may Mathias stomp the winner.
Mathias (Suikoden V) vs Seifer Almasy (Final Fantasy VIII): Speaking of stomping, hi ID vs. limit PC.
Yulie Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4) vs Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time): Yulie needs... some sort of way to deal with stallers who don't self-destruct like Alice. This is actually a fitting followup to her last match, as such!
Albert Serdio (Legend of Dragoon) vs Sara (Breath of Fire): Dragon vs. dragoon omg. Anyway, Sara wears down Albert well enough.

Light

Nana (Grandia) vs Raja (Phantasy Star IV): Raja can resist silence and I don't think Nana had any other tricks that prevent her from being Raja'd. WHY IS RAJA WINNING SO MANY MATCHES.
Kid (Chrono Cross) vs Akaghi (Suikoden IV): Seem to recall him being very evasive.

Piccolo (Suikoden III) vs Roger Huxley (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time): Will change this vote if Roger got significant wind resistance, but IIRC the heavy armour dudes missed that one.
Shana (Legend of Dragoon) vs Melody Valenti (Wild ARMs 3): So, Shana blocks poison, but her physicals tink on the barrier. I... don't think I see her having the MP needed for this. I think two Star Children and one WSD might do it, but she lacks the MP for that. So... Melody wins by virtue of doing more damage longterm with Eliminate Scanners, even if the match lasts forever (okay, banning defend makes it finite). Yeesh.
Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Rinoa Heartily (Final Fantasy VIII): Sigh, Lily, do you ever not translate. AND I'M SAYING THAT IN A MATCH INVOLVING FF8.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

• Suggests the birth of an abomination
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 09:10:25 AM »
Heavy

Shadow Teddie (Person 4) vs Arnaud (Wild ARMs 4) - Arnaud does Resist Water (ice included) here...which means that to do meaningful damage above a 8HKO to average with his attacks, he'll have to burn an action casting Ice Break, which lasts for three of Arnaud's turns...where Arnaud's hit him with WA4 Slow Down and Fragile and boosted himself with Hyper by now.  ...sad thing is, it's doubtful that this will matter once the fight gets to the 50% point because Nullity Guidance spam will destroy any semblance of momentum Arnaud had.

Middle

Lightning (Final Fantasy XIII) vs Tifa Lockhart (Final Fantasy VII) - Passive "limit" building for the summon.  Ow.

Yulie Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4) vs Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) - Aura Wall, Vampiric Flash, repeat until dead.

Light

Piccolo (Suikoden III) vs Roger Huxley (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) - Lightning Rune.
<+Nama-EmblemOfFire> ...Have the GhebFE guy and the ostian princess guy collaborate.
 <@Elecman> Seems reasonable.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 03:42:57 PM »
Ashera (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Sora (Kingdom Hearts Series) - I.. don't really see a way for Sora to get through this one. I don't remember him having particularly effective MT, meaning Ashera's getting a few attacks in, at least, and her not having a limit on her attacks (MP/weapon charges) means she can just heal-lock or win.

Mathias (Suikoden V) vs Seifer Almasy (Final Fantasy VIII) - ID.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2011, 03:58:25 PM »
Godlike

Claude C. Kenni (Star Ocean: The Second Story) vs Souji Seta (Persona 4)- Immunes physicals.

Avalon (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) vs Xorn (Grandia III)- Massive speed difference.

Heavy

Rei (Breath of Fire III) vs Hugo (Suikoden III)-Protecters+Death is an easy win.
Shadow Teddie (Person 4) vs Arnaud (Wild ARMs 4)- How the fuck does Teddie keep winning!?
Edgar (Final Fantasy VI) vs Harken (Wild ARMs)- WA1o.

Elliot (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) vs Justin (Grandia)- Kneejerk. He can block move block, yeah.
Wren (Phantasy Star IV)
vs Surt (Valkyrie Profile)

Middle

Florina (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) vs Shante (Arc the Lad II)- Totally not Shante's type of fight.
Caina (Wild ARMs 2)
vs Lise (Seiken Densetsu 3)

Mathias (Suikoden V) vs Seifer Almasy (Final Fantasy VIII)- Shining wind.
Yulie Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4) vs Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)- Aura Wall.
Albert Serdio (Legend of Dragoon) vs Sara (Breath of Fire)- Think Albert's speed does him in here.

Light

Aisha (Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen) vs Frank Goldfinger (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)- Kneejerk.
Shana (Legend of Dragoon) vs Melody Valenti (Wild ARMs 3)- I don't have much respect for the barrier, but it is still enough to own Shana physicals.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2011, 05:31:33 PM »
Okay, actually going to look at Justin vs. Elliot now...

Elliot has good defence, though bad HP, so his pdur is 1.2x PC by my views. Higher to those of many others. Justin, by both my stat topic and Dhyer's, has a very weak 2HKO (does about 1.05-1.1x) so is 3HKOing here. Some views might give Elliot support credit (Tal? Forget what you do here) which would improve him greatly, but it's not really necessary here so I'll ignore it for the rest of the post.

Assuming that 2 points of Grandia defence = 1% reduction (quoting a Dhyer comment), Justin has about 1.25 pdur by Dhyer's notes, or 1.3 by mine. Elliot does 67% to average, so 2HKOs either way.

Elliot is faster, so to win, Justin needs a significant improvement from the performance the stat topic suggests. You need to both see Elliot as frailer AND less damaging, basically (or... ridiculously less at one, I guess, but I'd certainly call hyping Elliot getting OHKOed here unreasonable). Don't see it personally.

Maybe.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2011, 06:35:48 PM »
Some views might give Elliot support credit (Tal? Forget what you do here) which would improve him greatly, but it's not really necessary here so I'll ignore it for the rest of the post.

Half of the support's durability gets added on, but also gets chewed into by MT.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2011, 01:23:28 AM »
Godlike

Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Zophar (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete) - oh hi ebo zophar
Claude C. Kenni (Star Ocean: The Second Story) vs Souji Seta (Persona 4) - Yoshitsune solo.
Tir McDohl (Suikoden Series) vs Jenna Angel (Digital Devil Saga) - One Bhairava Tir, -after- factoring in evade, miiiiiiiiiiiight survive. Two? Not so much.

Avalon (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) vs Xorn (Grandia III) - Running circles.
Ryu (Breath of Fire III) vs Cloud of Darkness (Final Fantasy III) - sure
Ghaleon (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete) vs Isolde Schelling (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) - Okay. Isolde 2 is roughly 2.38x PC HP to me -after- defenses and she's actually faster than I thought. So yes, she's doubling Ghaleon off the bat first turn to me, at least after factoring in MK first turn shenanigans. -If- he goes all out, he scrapes a 2HKO on her... but that's opening -mass- Pile Bunker bullshit (this is dangerous because it has -half recharge time-). But let's assume he goes all out. So, Baxim Bite, next turn follow-up being Grand Gaze for more timed card bullshit. This is 0.92x PC HP off the bat, so assuming Ghal has somewhere around 4x PC HP in mdur... then he goes all out and hits Bunker Pillar Phase. She gets in about four Bunker Pillars+another Grand Gaze card. That's... roughly 3.32x PC HP before Ghal's next turn, plus the near-PC HP figure. Yeah that's enough. If he tries to chip, he's going to almost inevitably trigger Ancient Secret, which just lets Isolde pile up -even more damage- with more timed card and triple-acting bullshit, and he doesn't want that. gg.
Weisheit (Wild ARMs XF) vs Fou-Lu (Breath of Fire IV) - Weisheit needs to effectively 4-2 to win here, I feel. Definitely buy the 2HKO, not sure I buy the instant double. So it goes.

Heavy

Rei (Breath of Fire III) vs Hugo (Suikoden III) - Entirely depends on whether WoS is faster than Rei. Not sure.
Shadow Teddie (Person 4) vs Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4) - ... right, Dekunda. Failure, failure, failure.
Marcello (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of Cursed King) vs Lloyd (Legend of Dragoon) - Foiled by multi-acting, Marcy.
Edgar (Final Fantasy VI) vs Lady Harken (Wild ARMs) - fweem

Elliot (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) vs Justin (Grandia) - 2HKO first.
Red (SaGa Frontier) vs Pamela Ibis (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) - Ghost.
Wren (Phantasy Star IV) vs Surt (Valkyrie Profile) - Man, Surt like 3HKOs Wren -after- Might Reinforce. Gogogo fire resistance+zomg pdur.

Middle

Florina (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) vs Shante (Arc the Lad II) - She probably doubles with a Silver -Sword-, which makes Shante even more emo.
Caina (Wild ARMs 2) vs Lise (Seiken Densetsu 3) - Gate of Teacher.

Mathias (Suikoden V) vs Seifer Almasy (Final Fantasy VIII) - Mathias drops your corpse into the nearest river.
Yulie Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4) vs Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) - Albel applies more pressure due to the draining here. The fight could last forever, but he's constantly draining Yules out.
Albert Serdio (Legend of Dragoon) vs Sara (Breath of Fire) - Trying to outslug Sara with physical damage in Middle? Seriously.

Light

Nana (Grandia) vs Raja (Phantasy Star IV) - UM.
Sunset (Live a Live) vs Mao (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) - Giving Mao the tiebreak here, which means woohoo 2HKO.
Kid (Chrono Cross) vs Akaghi (Suikoden IV) - Better evade than Mizuki Akaghi has.

Piccolo (Suikoden III) vs Roger Huxley (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) - No Wind resist for Roger indeed. The end.
Aisha (Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen) vs Frank Goldfinger (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) - ITE damage that scrapes a 2HKO on average? Yeah that's ending Aisha alright.
Shana (Legend of Dragoon) vs Melody Vilente (Wild ARMs 3) - OH DEAR GOD.
Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Rinoa Heartily (Final Fantasy VIII) - 2HKOs. =(

Giant Puni Lily (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Seibzhen (Xenogears) - Yes.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 01:27:10 AM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2011, 01:54:43 AM »
Aisha resists all of Frank's skillset, he has to use his physical to 2HKO her.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2011, 02:57:55 AM »
... right Holy.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2011, 04:39:42 AM »
Aisha probably bites it to two of his basic physicals anyways, perhaps even with her evade in play. Even better, she probably doesn't 3HKO Frank (His holy res gives her a tad above average damage, he has 120% HP, and his defense is enough to kill the 3HKO) and doesn't really have the speed to 4-3 (and those ITE skills have the recharge anyways, making them worse in practice even if they aren't noted in the topic); Not taking 3 Frank physicals.
...into the nightfall.

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2011, 05:05:46 AM »
There's no probably there, Frank's physical is slightly below average at worst nd her physical durability is just bad. 90% PC HP on top of like a 40% weakness to physicals is a bad mix.
-------------------

Monkeyfinger

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2011, 06:33:26 AM »
Provided TP builds with time/useless healing and not just doing damage (which gives Tifa a limit) or taking damage (Tifa won't attack either).

You gain 3 TP per turn by doing that, and need 900 for a summon.

...Lightning still wins, though, right? -_-

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2011, 12:17:46 PM »
If Tifa starts with half an L4 bar and her ultimate, can't she kill on a double/crit before Lightning gets that TP?

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2011, 05:34:01 PM »
I think it might have to be a double in which at least one hit crits? But yes, she could. Of course, a half-filled limit bar implies a half-filled TP bar (I'd assume?) in which case it takes way, way less time to summon. ... in fact, you can actually summon instantly then. Huh. Well I wouldn't allow that. Might start the bar halfway from 2 to 3 though instead, in which case it only takes 75 rounds. Which might still be long enough for Tifa to get lucky but I dunno.

Also, the mech guide's description of how TP works isn't clear as to whether ineffective healing actually charges the TP gauge. If someone hasn't done so yet, they should probably check if this strategy actually even -works-, since it is theoretically relevant to every FF13 character who possesses either Sentinel or Medic, which is to say, everyone but Sazh (although I can't imagine Fang will ever have need of her terrible version of the strategy. It'd take a pretty contrived fight for Vanille, too).

Pretty amazing match!

Maybe.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2011, 06:24:39 PM »
Godlike

Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)
vs Zophar (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete)
Claude C. Kenni (Star Ocean: The Second Story) vs Souji Seta (Persona 4)- Two people I hate, duelling to the death! At least one loses. :)

Avalon (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) vs Xorn (Grandia III)- This tournament got overpowered fast bro.

Heavy

Rei (Breath of Fire III)
vs Hugo (Suikoden III)

Red (SaGa Frontier) vs Pamela Ibis (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis)- See Souji vs. Claude, except I can vote on this match and I am just choosing not to!

Middle

Yulie Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4) vs Albel Nox (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)- :(
Albert Serdio (Legend of Dragoon) vs Sara (Breath of Fire)- :(

Light

Sunset (Live a Live) vs Mao (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)- Mao, saving the world from LaL vote draw.

Giant Puni Lily (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Seibzhen (Xenogears)- Giant Puni Lily for Godlike, bro.
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2011, 08:44:59 PM »
I could do it NEB. Just find something susceptible to Pain/Fog, get those on, switch to Medic and constantly do useless healing over and over in impunity? ~
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2011, 09:22:06 PM »
See, if they're vulnerable to Pain/Fog, Vanille won't need to turtle, she will just kill them, since an FF7 PC can't use their limits under Pain. You'd basically need to find someone that (a) Vanille can stall indefinitely against [i.e. an opponent who lacks a status attack or the ability to build to overwhelming damage], (b) has a limit, and (c) said limit can't be shut down or bypassed with one or more of Pain, Fog, Deshell, or Death.

I can't actually think of anyone, though it's possible one exists. Lightning, Snow, and Hope are much more likely to benefit from this strategy since they lack Saboteur to crush their enemies' souls (probably the best role in the DL?).

Maybe.

Monkeyfinger

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2011, 12:04:32 AM »
See, if they're vulnerable to Pain/Fog, Vanille won't need to turtle, she will just kill them, since an FF7 PC can't use their limits under Pain. You'd basically need to find someone that (a) Vanille can stall indefinitely against [i.e. an opponent who lacks a status attack or the ability to build to overwhelming damage], (b) has a limit, and (c) said limit can't be shut down or bypassed with one or more of Pain, Fog, Deshell, or Death.

I can't actually think of anyone, though it's possible one exists. Lightning, Snow, and Hope are much more likely to benefit from this strategy since they lack Saboteur to crush their enemies' souls (probably the best role in the DL?).

I think she's talking about testing TP building in game.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2011, 03:51:08 AM »
Yes clearly I totally misread that post. I am a ditz. Sorry CT; sounds like a great idea if you want to do that.

Maybe.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2011, 05:56:03 PM »
Yeah I thought you wanted me to go and find/fight something like that in FFXIII >_> Granted there are bosses/enemies who only use certain attacks when their HPs drop below certain thresholds and/or other things but those who are immune to each and every one of Vanille's tricks are few and far between <_< I can only think of for example the Proudclad types right off hand/off the bat and though I have beaten those with Vanille as leader I wouldn't say dealing/stalling against their OP damage once their limiters are off would be exactly easy (well without buffs/auto buffs and or/defensive accessories or perhaps some kind of optimised Healer's Staff/Mistilteinn synthesis set up) <_<

Already mentioned this to NEB in chat but I can confirm it is indeed possible for characters to gain TP from healing when their HP is already at full (tested this vs a group of random scrubs who had no status immunity/resistances whatsoever - kept them locked out of the fight with Fog/Pain and just spammed Cure > Cure > Cure > Cure > Cure > Cure over and over in the meantime - the decks I used were SAB/MED/MED and MED/MED/MED and yes the TP building was as boring as hell and took nearly forever but it worked. Vanille was able to build TP up for a Summon this way - and indeed she reached the bang on 3TP required while in the MED role~)

So yaay Lightning or something?~ =)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 06:01:32 PM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"