Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 54  (Read 1319 times)

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 54
« on: September 03, 2011, 02:26:42 AM »

"Good, good, so we begin again. But it seems we're running out of participants! How awful!"

Team REPENT, Nama and Magic vs. Dungeon

Link to the Dungeon Wiki!

----------------
Team REPENT | LFT ZALMO, Geno, FF1 Knight, Lyn, Tia w/Body Charge
[Floor 5b: Turnheal]
*For this floor, all buffs, debuffs, healing and damage are reversed. ID is considered revival and the reverse is also true. Status continues to work as normal. Status recovery, however, inflict status.
Team REPENT vs. Bow and Rand
Team REPENT vs. Mint, Rena and Tear
Team REPENT vs. Ramza, Alma, Zalbag and Dycedarg
Team REPENT vs. Crono and Magus
Team REPENT vs. LFT Adramelk

Team Nama | Rika (Life), Celes, Lucian+Shiho, Rand
[Celes: Kirin(M), Siren(M), Shoat(M), Unicorn(M), Zoneseeker/Seraphim (M), Fenrir]  Esper Guide
[Floor 5a: Ceaseheal]
*On this floor, restoration of HP and MP are reduced to 10% (of whatever they normally were (ANY healing is 10%, even if it was overkill full healing)) and revival may not be used.
Team Nama vs. Reno, Rude and Elena (Midgar forms)
Team Nama vs. Krin, Karn and Locke
Team Nama vs. Yulie and Yukiko
Team Nama vs. Mua, Fred and Cecil
Team Nama vs. Berle

Team Magic | Yuri 2, Shania, Blanca, Ricardo, Lucia  (Synergy)
[Blanca: Cure, Aqua Edge, Raise Up] [Lucia: Surge] [Ricardo: Raise Up]
[Floor 2b: The Forboding Forest]
Team Magic vs. FFT Red Chocobo, Black Chocobo and Yellow Chocobo
Team Magic vs. FF3 Geomancer, FF5 Geomancer and FFT Geomancer
Team Magic vs. Mispolm, Nimufu and Deneb
Team Magic vs. Spar, Frog and Bo
Team Magic vs. Sudowoodo, Bowyer and Yumi (S3)

Team Snowfire | Celes, Feena, Red XIII, Strago (Neo Speed), Ricardo
[Celes: Kirin]
[Floor 1: Starting off Again (Beginning of the game)]
Team Snowfire vs. Hrist (VP1), Evil Gaia, Big Joe, Guido and Gorudo
Team Snowfire vs. Rand, Cecil and Duran
Team Snowfire vs. Blissey, Axem Green, Sharanda (LoD) and Lucius
Team Snowfire vs. Mist Dragon, Whelk, Wingraptor (FF5) and Garland (FF1)
Team Snowfire vs. Laggy Fantasy Tactics Queklain

Synergy (Shadow Hearts): Blanca, Ricardo and Lucia start with 1 Stellar Crest. 1 Extra Crest is gained per floor and may be granted to one of the three.

Body Charge - Increases the health, damage and effective speed of a character by 1.3x and decreases damage to them to .7x.

Life - One character's healing effects now also allows for revival, but reduces the final effect of any healing to 75%. (This means full healing is always 75%) The healing also only revives characters with 1 HP. The healing received from spells that hit more than one target may be used as revival once per battle.

Neo Speed - The effective speed of one character is increased by 25% and increases by 25% each time that character takes a turn, this effect caps at 200% base speed. The speed of this character cannot be increased in any way, nor can this character grant or be granted turns via any manner. If the character dies the speed is removed and cannot be regained.

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 54
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 02:31:16 AM »
Hey you. Yeah you, reading this and not voting. Go make a Dungeon team!

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 02:47:10 AM »
*For this floor, all buffs, debuffs, healing and damage are reversed. ID is considered revival and the reverse is also true. Status continues to work as normal. Status recovery, however, inflict status.
Team REPENT vs. LFT Adramelk - This basically consists of Tia dropping ludicrious heal/revival bombs on people off of an effective speed of silliness.  Zalmo can also pretty much solo the last fight for free.

Abstaining on Teams Magic and Snowfire, and I can buy Team Nama passing.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 09:32:47 PM by Random Consonant »

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 05:41:41 AM »
Team Snowfire vs. Laggy Fantasy Tactics Queklain

I pass.  The vast majority of the first four fight enemies are either average speed, or slower than average speed, and my entire team is above average speed (with Strago, thanks to NeoSpeed).  This means that even just spamming physicals cuts the other team to shreds, and Feena / Red can spend some MP to really put the fight away quickly if need be.  Plenty of healing here too, off Celes / Ricardo. The only fight that is potentially tricky is Queklain, and that mostly hinges on how many targets his area-status stuff is seen as hitting in the dungeon...  and meh.  He really, really needs to disable Strago, since Aqua Rake on Floor 1 breaks the damage curve in half, but Nightmare is unreliable (might be Death Sentence).  That leaves Chicken Race...  but that is ST.  Or at least was in the original game.  And offense blitz from the other 4 certainly puts Queklain out of it.  So Quek's best odds are to try and Nightmare 3 people that includes Strago and hope that all get hit by Sleep, or something.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 04:23:35 AM »
IIRC the non-Yellow Chocobos just spam damage and the SH team has redundant revivers so even killing someone with Choco Meteor isn't a big deal.
Is the Blessing Bell hyped in the stat-topic one of the dippy JL99 / send emails to yourself bonus weapons?  It's Holy Elemental and has a 50% chance of paralysis so it can lay the smackdown on Yuri2/ Shania.  That said I don't think FF5 Geo / FFT Geo pick up the slack.  Best case scenario is some kind of status blitz but FFT Geo's status hit rates are even worse than FF3 Geo's.
Uhhhh.  Darn if I know how Deneb works in the Dungeon.  In general people seem to say "one OB fight is one DL round" and Deneb gets two stun attempts that technically don't wear off...  except of course at the end of each fight.  Which is a single round.  So yeah, going to say she has two shots at turn-skip basically, and furthermore since she's slow they don't really work, since people will have already taken their turns.  (This is a little unfair, since against a faster opponent who also has 2 attacks, she might cancel one of them...  so it'd be more like cutting your damage in half...  but blargh, interp fail.)  I guess the nicer thing is to let her first stun attempt be a one-turn skip that "sticks around" for round 2, and then throw away her second turn-skip is irrelevant since it lands too late in the OB fight.

ANYWAY.  This is Team Sleep blitz, I see.  And sleep doesn't exist in SH so no blocking it, and Nimufu's sleep at least isn't broken by Magic, so once everybody starts snoozing it's game over.  Nimufu has 50% MT sleep, Mispolm can sleep one person...  and the more generous interpretation of Deneb can maybe get some turn skip hype in (on round 2).  This is actually pretty problematic, though I guess in the dungeon I have no problem with letting people do single-hit slaps on each other to wake them up.  The one good thing is that if someone with actual damage survives the sleep blitz they can probably OHKO Nimufu and get the team on better footing.  If anyone else survives they can OHKO, then deal with Mispolm.  (Forget if Shania's Air specials are magic-typed or not, Mispolm is apparently weak but has Counter Magic so you'd want physical versions.)

This fight is hugely luck-dependent.  If Nimufu sleeps 3 or 4 characters, Team MF is screwed, Mispolm will sleep another one, and the one person on wake-up duty can't recover fast enough.  If Nimufu sleeps 0-1 characters MF wins in a laugher.  If Nimufu sleeps 2 characters, it depends on who gets slept (Yuri / Shania are the prime targets, and Mispolm will cover the other if one got hit).  I'll say MF wins because in messes like this I'll generally vote for the PCs, but charge him some luck points, so if later fights are uncertain I'll vote against.

This team doesn't really do anything.
Kill Yumi before Earthquake resolves?  Not sure what Sudowoodo / Bowyer bring to the table here, though I see from the stat topic there's yet more sleep hype coming from Bowyer.  Eh, will say pass.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2011, 05:28:44 AM »
Is the Blessing Bell hyped in the stat-topic one of the dippy JL99 / send emails to yourself bonus weapons?  It's Holy Elemental and has a 50% chance of paralysis so it can lay the smackdown on Yuri2/ Shania.  That said I don't think FF5 Geo / FFT Geo pick up the slack.  Best case scenario is some kind of status blitz but FFT Geo's status hit rates are even worse than FF3 Geo's.

Blanca has Aurora for MT Status Healing.  Yuri's L2 Wind Fusion has Arc Heal.  Bhodi Bracelets are storebought in Le Havre, so Paralysis is not an issue.  Lucia has Ocean + Misty to give the rest of the team status immunity until her next turn.  Healing up with leaving one of the less dangerous Geomancers alive from there.

Uhhhh.  Darn if I know how Deneb works in the Dungeon.  In general people seem to say "one OB fight is one DL round" and Deneb gets two stun attempts that technically don't wear off...  except of course at the end of each fight.  Which is a single round.  So yeah, going to say she has two shots at turn-skip basically, and furthermore since she's slow they don't really work, since people will have already taken their turns.  (This is a little unfair, since against a faster opponent who also has 2 attacks, she might cancel one of them...  so it'd be more like cutting your damage in half...  but blargh, interp fail.)  I guess the nicer thing is to let her first stun attempt be a one-turn skip that "sticks around" for round 2, and then throw away her second turn-skip is irrelevant since it lands too late in the OB fight.

ANYWAY.  This is Team Sleep blitz, I see.  And sleep doesn't exist in SH so no blocking it, and Nimufu's sleep at least isn't broken by Magic, so once everybody starts snoozing it's game over.  Nimufu has 50% MT sleep, Mispolm can sleep one person...  and the more generous interpretation of Deneb can maybe get some turn skip hype in (on round 2).  This is actually pretty problematic, though I guess in the dungeon I have no problem with letting people do single-hit slaps on each other to wake them up.  The one good thing is that if someone with actual damage survives the sleep blitz they can probably OHKO Nimufu and get the team on better footing.  If anyone else survives they can OHKO, then deal with Mispolm.  (Forget if Shania's Air specials are magic-typed or not, Mispolm is apparently weak but has Counter Magic so you'd want physical versions.)

This fight is hugely luck-dependent.  If Nimufu sleeps 3 or 4 characters, Team MF is screwed, Mispolm will sleep another one, and the one person on wake-up duty can't recover fast enough.  If Nimufu sleeps 0-1 characters MF wins in a laugher.  If Nimufu sleeps 2 characters, it depends on who gets slept (Yuri / Shania are the prime targets, and Mispolm will cover the other if one got hit).  I'll say MF wins because in messes like this I'll generally vote for the PCs, but charge him some luck points, so if later fights are uncertain I'll vote against.

For me to lose this, Nimufu has to catch Yuri, Blanca, and maybe Ricardo as well with her opening Sweet Breath.  If not?
Blanca has Aurora, which is MT Status healing, as described earlier.
Yuri's second-level Wind fusion has Arc Heal, also as described earlier.
Ricardo is quite fast, and has at least one bar of stock at this point, if not two.
Lucia can give the rest of the team status immunity with Ocean + Misty until her next turn.
Shania has Stock too!

...Yeah.  Unless I'm missing something, this isn't looking good for boss set sleep blitz.

That all said...

Pass for Team REPENT - The healing is present, and I can buy Zalmo picking up the slack that Tia can't touch, like the FFT fight.
Pass for Team Nama - Beyond that first fight, it's all cake.
Pass for Team Magic - Biggest threats are status.  My team has many tools to laugh at status.
Pass for Team Snow - It's freaking floor 1, there's only been...  What, one or two teams that have been frail enough to fail then?

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2011, 06:47:07 AM »
I believe that NeoSpeed doesn't kick in until someone gets a turn (meaning that Strago is still slow turn 1). That said, my gut is that everyone passes.

Repent crushes the floor, Nama is facing a lot of evadable physical damage and Rika gets better and better at letting her team laugh at that. Abstain on Magic because that floor is a too much of a question mark for me in terms of enemies. I'm not sure how much of that MT status healing the team has at the moment too.
...into the nightfall.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2011, 07:19:15 AM »
NeoSpeed kicks in right-away, I remember checking with Neph before picking that Sealstone. 

:: The effective speed of one character is increased by 25% (SF: On Turn 0) and increases by 25% each time that character takes a turn, this effect caps at 200% base speed.

Also, I voted pass on Team MF before, but sure, it's a stronger pass now.  Didn't know about all that MT status-curing.  Stock-grinding earlier fights also helps, since that means Ricardo is able to inflict serious pain himself if need be.

Glen Veil

• Just call me...
  • Denizen
  • HO-UOU-IN K-YO-U-MA~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2011, 08:07:48 AM »
PASS to team magic, don't know the other teams characters well enough to vote though.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2011, 09:15:43 AM »
NeoSpeed kicks in right-away, I remember checking with Neph before picking that Sealstone. 

Neph, next time a change like this comes in, please note! (Since this goes against what was said in the brainstorming topic when the SS was originally devised).
...into the nightfall.

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2011, 05:59:04 PM »
You got it.

• Suggests the birth of an abomination
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2011, 12:22:30 AM »
Blanca has Aurora, which is MT Status healing, as described earlier.
Yuri's second-level Wind fusion has Arc Heal, also as described earlier.
Ricardo is quite fast, and has at least one bar of stock at this point, if not two.
Lucia can give the rest of the team status immunity with Ocean + Misty until her next turn.
Shania has Stock too!

Okay, not sure what Ricardo or Shania have at this point aside from a bar of Stock (and Ricardo having revival, I guess), but:

Aurora's listed as a MT heal, not a MT statusheal.  And I don't see that coming at F2.  F3 at the earliest, really.  Full Moon is what you're thinking of, and it comes later.
Are you sure we're getting Lv2 fusions this early?  And even if so, you're still cutting into points used to learn skills with him.  And other possible fusions--something that wouldn't really be done in-game when you usually at least want to diversify a bit.
Lucia tends to be slow, from my knowledge.

--Oh right, a match analysis.  I'll start with the two I feel are pretty straightforward.

Team REPENT vs. LFT Adramelk - Okay, I can buy healhype.  Tia's bodycharged healbombing plus ZALMO's neverending font of healing/revival.

Team Nama | Rika (Life), Celes, Lucian+Shiho, Rand
[Celes: Kirin(M), Siren(M), Shoat(M), Unicorn(M), Zoneseeker/Seraphim (M), Fenrir]  Esper Guide
[Floor 5a: Ceaseheal]
*On this floor, restoration of HP and MP are reduced to 10% (of whatever they normally were (ANY healing is 10%, even if it was overkill full healing)) and revival may not be used.
Team Nama vs. Reno, Rude and Elena (Midgar forms) Elena gets a shot in.  Saner+Fenrir should deal with a lot of the rest.  Shiho may die here...
Team Nama vs. Krin, Karn and Locke- Or here.  Saner, Fenrir if MP permits and situation demands.  ID/status as usual.
Team Nama vs. Yulie and Yukiko- ID or just plain kill Yulie, Runic-stall Yukiko until she gets beaten down.
Team Nama vs. Mua, Fred and Cecil- Saner walls these three big time.  Status and ID make for ways to deal with them.
Team Nama vs. Berle- Saner, Fenrir if MP permits.  Congrats, Berle, you've been walled to death.

Will get to the other two later.

Team Magic vs. Mispolm, Nimufu and Deneb - This is the big fight I'm concerned about.  Nimufu only needs to get Yuri and Shania with sleep in order to shut down the team's offense.  And then it's sleep spam and magic whoring.  Or just sleep spam and then waiting for everyone's SP to run down.  And as far as I've been informed, Yuri's the main(only?  Blanca most definitely does NOT have his status cure this early on) one able to cure sleep.  This could be problematic.  Abstaining for now, but this is the big 'if' here.

Team Snowfire vs. Laggy Fantasy Tactics Queklain - Convinced it's straightforward for the most part, but it could be fairly damaging to the team if Aqua Rake is hit by Counter Magic.  I don't think the team's healing is that good so far, so...yeah.  ...eh.  Abstaining.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 02:10:06 AM by Namagomi »
<+Nama-EmblemOfFire> ...Have the GhebFE guy and the ostian princess guy collaborate.
 <@Elecman> Seems reasonable.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2011, 01:36:50 AM »
Sure everybody passes, why not~

Teams REPENT, Nama, Magic and Snowfire vs Dungeon.
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2011, 01:18:43 PM »
Snowfire passes.  Abstain on Team Magic.  Will vote on Team repent in a bit.

Team Nama vs. Reno, Rude and Elena (Midgar forms)- Fenrir+blitzing Elena means that much damage isn't taken.
Team Nama vs. Krin, Karn and Locke- The only way they knock someone out is if all three beat out Rika, and I doubt they do offhand. Saner owns this fight hard, and the team has enough time to heal up some.
Team Nama  vs. Yulie and Yukiko- Lucian slaughter Yulie, Rika IDs Yukiko.
Team Nama vs. Mua, Fred and Cecil- Saner.
Team Nama vs. Berle- Saner!

----------------
Team REPENT vs. Bow and Rand- Zalmo+Tia wreck this floor.
Team REPENT vs. Mint, Rena and Tear- Valor.
Team REPENT vs. Ramza, Alma, Zalbag and Dycedarg- See above.
Team REPENT vs. Crono and Magus- I *think* body charge Tia beats Crono to the draw. If she doesn't, Geno revives her and Zalmo still exists. Magus can't do enough damage to change things up.
Team REPENT vs. LFT Adramelk- And Tia/Zalmo finish the slaughter.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 02:50:37 AM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...