Register

Author Topic: Futurama 2011 Season 2, Week 1: Zeboyd Strikes Back  (Read 3054 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Futurama 2011 Season 2, Week 1: Zeboyd Strikes Back
« on: October 31, 2011, 05:07:46 AM »
Standard Disclaimers apply.  See you again Sunday.

Godlike

Emelious (Grandia III) vs Katze Kotolnos (Super Robot Taisen Original Generation Saga: Endless Frontier)
Isolde (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis) vs Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)
Cecilia Lynn Adlehyde (Wild ARMs) vs Naja (Sands of Destruction)
Chaos (Final Fantasy) vs Cid Raines (Final Fantasy XIII)

Heavy

Justin (Grandia) vs Sara (Breath of Death VII: The Beginning)
Millenia (Grandia II) vs Umi (Cthulhu Saves the World)
Jowy Atreides (Suikoden II) vs Brantyn (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together)
Vayne Aurelius (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis) vs Dorothy (Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow-Brick Road)

Middle

Tengaar (Suikoden Series) vs Raynie (Radiant Historia)
Brad Evans (Wild ARMs 2) vs Sazh Katzroy (Final Fantasy XIII)
Red XIII (Final Fantasy VII) vs Oliver Lenheim (Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky)
Axel (Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories) vs Fuka Kazamatsuri (Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten)

Light

Volug (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Goofy (Kingdom Hearts Series)
Leblanc (Final Fantasy X-2) vs Jagen (Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon)
Guard Scorpion (Final Fantasy VII) vs Takashi Hanya (Persona 2: Innocent Sin)
Kongol (Legend of Dragoon) vs Cooke (Lost Odyssey)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
Re: Futurama 2011 Season 2, Week 1: Zeboyd Strikes Back
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 05:39:21 AM »
Godlike

Emelious (Grandia III) vs Katze Kotolnos (Super Robot Taisen Original Generation Saga: Endless Frontier): I'm thinking Katze really hates Shadow Wave. He would take this with Strike!
Isolde (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis) vs Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy): Gut says Reicher is overall better, but I'm pretty open to arguments here.
Chaos (Final Fantasy) vs Cid Raines (Final Fantasy XIII): Honestly unsure myself, partly beacuse I don't know if I let Chaos status bosses with his immunity-ignoring stuff. If he does he wins pretty easily since Cid above 60% HP isn't too scary. Cid below that point is a monster and should shred Chaos, though there's a slim chance Chaos can buff and smash past that. EDIT: Eh, yeah, Crack hype. If you can't prevent Chaos from getting 2-3 turns in Godlike I don't have much sympathy for you.

Heavy

Jowy Atreides (Suikoden II) vs Brantyn (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together): Ha, I like this one. I seem to recall Brantyn's MDur being very good, which is bad for Jowy of the limited spell charges against Brantyn's healing, so I'm kneejerking the TO douchebag takes it. Uncertain, though, since Jowy might just smash past.
Vayne Aurelius (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis) vs Dorothy (Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow-Brick Road): Tough race, but I think Vayne just squeaks it out. I do lower all his stats a bit so that he can block sleep, but nothing Dorthy can do stops Overrealm, and she falls just short of killing him first.

Middle

Tengaar (Suikoden Series) vs Raynie (Radiant Historia): I assume Revenge Earth owns Sleep Break, though who knows for sure? Fun fact: Tengaar does 90% PCHP, Raynei has 0.91 mdur.
Brad Evans (Wild ARMs 2) vs Sazh Katzroy (Final Fantasy XIII): Don't see any compelling reason why Sazh isn't Light, honestly. Brad gets to Railgun against that bad damage.

Light

Leblanc (Final Fantasy X-2) vs Jagen (Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon): Jagen... hmm. 4HKOs and is always doubled, so Leblanc probably can just outslug him anyway. That said she has blind as well.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 06:06:50 AM by Dark Holy Elf »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 06:24:57 AM »
Godlike

Isolde (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis) vs Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)
Chaos (Final Fantasy) vs Cid Raines (Final Fantasy XIII)- Ewwww Cid. Don't want to touch that durability thinking at all.

Heavy

Vayne Aurelius (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis) vs Dorothy (Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow-Brick Road)

Middle

Brad Evans (Wild ARMs 2) vs Sazh Katzroy (Final Fantasy XIII)- Let's...not.

Light

Kongol (Legend of Dragoon) vs Cooke (Lost Odyssey)- How...horrible. Well, Cooke can Blind Kongol before his first turn (Not by much though...), and then she probably 7HKOs. He'll need about 8 attempts of attacking to get the ID to hit, but she'll need to cast Coverus and heal a bit too. I think he'll succeed first because god damn, Cooke has no damage and that's compounded by the speed.
...into the nightfall.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 06:53:18 AM »
Can't recall if SoD characters could equip 2 accessories or 1.  Anyway, it's an interesting match mostly based on Prison hype for Cecilia, since if Naja can only equip 1 accessory, then he either blocks ID (and rolls to Cecilia's other status options) or everything-but-ID.  However, Naja has Cleansing Cry, which coinflippy beats Prison?  Similar to whether something like a DQ8 Wave of Ice stops Air Anchor I guess.  What turns it to me is that even if Prison hype is go, it can miss, and further Naja has a strategy that might get him through anyway - come into battle with lots of morale and spam his 60% Stun (basically turn skip) Strike move until it hits, then resume Flurry Chains / buffs for damage.  Which will include his AGI booster.  This kind of nukes his DL damage, but he has an unreliable lockdown with this strategy, and Cecilia's durability isn't great, so he's still got a shot before Cecilia gets unlucky on resisting the stuns.

Ew Cid part II.  His durability is less stupid, sure, but stupid enough, and Chaos is not actually good anyway.

I can theoretically vote on earlygame Umi.  Maybe later.

Even if Revenge Earth > Sleep Break, Raynie might go first anyway.
Edit: Tengaar speed hype?  Sure I guess.

Sazh has a 2HKO post buffs IIRC, so a 3HKO to Brad.  He opens Haste / Protect, spends half a turn on Bravery, then spams attack, so 4.5 turns or so.  Fight hinges on whether you let Brad get the Courage Rune the stat topic gives him which raises his speed from "game worst" to "above average," and be darned if I can remember if this is merited or not.  Anyway, with the speed boost, I think Brad wins - he opens with a Lock-On ARMS before Protect goes up and Sazh is too far behind.  Slow Brad only gets 3 turns against a Protected Sazh, and don't think he can break him, though it's close.  I'll vote for Sazh though it can go either way.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 04:19:28 AM by SnowFire »

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 07:53:56 AM »
Godlike

Emelious (Grandia III) vs Katze Kotolnos (Super Robot Taisen Original Generation Saga: Endless Frontier)
Isolde (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis) vs Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy): More durable and damaging.
Chaos (Final Fantasy) vs Cid Raines (Final Fantasy XIII): I guess his damage/durability/midrange buffing clinches it.

Heavy

Justin (Grandia) vs Sara (Breath of Death VII: The Beginning): 55% ID on that physical and he won't be 2HKO'd.
Millenia (Grandia II) vs Umi (Cthulhu Saves the World): I think the ~90% PCHP Insanity shot after Siren's call OHKO's? If not, then Millenia wins easily of course thanks to SBE.
Vayne Aurelius (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis) vs Dorothy (Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow-Brick Road): I don't think even defending lets her tank through Overrealm. Vayne is good about that.

Middle

Tengaar (Suikoden Series) vs Raynie (Radiant Historia): Both are about the same speed, but Tengaar is that speed through a starting equip that boosts speed? I guess that's good enough of a tiebreak.
Brad Evans (Wild ARMs 2) vs Sazh Katzroy (Final Fantasy XIII): Fires a hot-blooded electric princess at... wait wrong Railgun.
Red XIII (Final Fantasy VII) vs Oliver Lenheim (Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky): Heals while he has to and chips away till he can pull a finisher? Good thing for him his healing is cheaper resourcewise than the damage it takes to generate it! I might be wrong about Red's ability to kill at higher HP values.
Axel (Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories) vs Fuka Kazamatsuri (Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten)

Light

Volug (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Goofy (Kingdom Hearts Series): Should be able to transform with grass or something and win that way?
Kongol (Legend of Dragoon) vs Cooke (Lost Odyssey): Barrier skills work here? Sure.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 09:06:19 AM »
Godlike
Cecilia Lynn Adlehyde (Wild ARMs) vs Naja (Sands of Destruction) - ugh go away sod.  Sure, I'll buy a stunlock strategy here.

Heavy

Justin (Grandia) vs Sara (Breath of Death VII: The Beginning) - le ID
Millenia (Grandia II) vs Umi (Cthulhu Saves the World) - Umi's good at handling the slow and frail.

Middle

Tengaar (Suikoden Series) vs Raynie (Radiant Historia) - Not buying Raynie going first here.

Light

Guard Scorpion (Final Fantasy VII) vs Takashi Hanya (Persona 2: Innocent Sin) - not thinking about this
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 06:54:44 PM by Random Consonant »

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2011, 03:30:40 PM »
Hm, Tengaar is slower than I thought apparently, I could have sworn she was on the 135 tier. Well then, I'll look at that again later.

Also, totally a match that I can't vote on, and don't even follow what the comment implies in the match, but...!

Similar to whether something like a DQ8 Wave of Ice stops Air Anchor I guess.

You can't dispel Air Anchor in-game, and FF6 has some pretty all-encompassing dispel moves, so I don't see much of a debate here.

Maybe.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, 05:45:26 PM »

Heavy

Justin (Grandia) vs Sara (Breath of Death VII: The Beginning)- Sara having to buff turn 1 is probably fatal. She can blitz pretty hard but... Justin is durable and she doesn't really have physical evasion.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2011, 06:19:41 PM »
The stat topic supposededly undersells Tengaar's speed a bit, so yeah.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2011, 07:31:12 PM »
Godlike

Emelious (Grandia III) vs Katze Kotolnos (Super Robot Taisen Original Generation Saga: Endless Frontier) - Yeah, that works.
Isolde (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis) vs Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) - Just... generally superior and hits the right defense.
Cecilia Lynn Adlehyde (Wild ARMs) vs Naja (Sands of Destruction) - I have to note that if Naja's strategy relies on turn 2 status and crappy offense, a single casting of Status Lock completely owns that unless Naja has dispel. If Naja sucks at applying pressure, then Ceci has all the time in the world to turn the fight to her side.

Heavy

Jowy Atreides (Suikoden II) vs Brantyn (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together) - Don't remember Brantyn. =|
Vayne Aurelius (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis) vs Dorothy (Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow-Brick Road) - Yyyyyyyyup.

Middle

Tengaar (Suikoden Series) vs Raynie (Radiant Historia) - Not only the stat topic undersells Tengaar speed a bit, support spells like Revenge Earth and Kindness Drop in S2 have a +40~ or so speed modifier. How you treat this is up to you, but feels like another tiebreak in her favor. This would be moot if Raynie 2HKOed Tengaar, but she barely misses the mark. Things like this were why I nommed this match, it has a bunch of neat little factors that influence the overall outcome.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2011, 07:37:39 PM »
The thing is that Naja gets multiple chances per turn to apply that 60% stun so the issue is more or less moot, and Naja isn't all that bad at applying pressure.  SoD characters, they cheat, ect.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 07:39:37 PM by Random Consonant »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2011, 07:39:57 PM »
In the same turn? Yeah, that'd make it mostly moot, especially since it sounds like Naja is faster.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2011, 08:38:36 PM »
Oh right, that support spell speed +40. Regardless, even if they're tied, then Tengaar would win since her strategy works 100% of the time compared to Raynie's 75%.

Maybe.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2011, 12:00:30 AM »
Godlike
Chaos (Final Fantasy) vs Cid Raines (Final Fantasy XIII): Intuitive.

Heavy

Jowy Atreides (Suikoden II) vs Brantyn (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together): I could technically vote on this but fuck if I remember who Brantyn is, and I'd be voting on a different version of the game anyway.
Vayne Aurelius (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis) vs Dorothy (Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow-Brick Road): Yeah...

Middle

Brad Evans (Wild ARMs 2) vs Sazh Katzroy (Final Fantasy XIII): Think Brad can just nuke past Sazh's defenses before Sazh can take him down.  his offense isn't good enough, even buffed, and don't think he can chip around 100 FP.

Light

Volug (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Goofy (Kingdom Hearts Series): Volug counters, I think that wins it?
Leblanc (Final Fantasy X-2) vs Jagen (Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon): ...I refuse to think about this match more...
Kongol (Legend of Dragoon) vs Cooke (Lost Odyssey): Kongol might Heal Lock her, but he doesn't really have to; Cooke has no real damage, durability or speed whatsoever.  She's Raja with a half-decent offense option if she's faster than the opponent (which doesn't happen often.)
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2011, 12:34:56 AM »
Godlike

Emelious (Grandia III) vs Katze Kotolnos (Super Robot Taisen Original Generation Saga: Endless Frontier)- No vote.
Isolde (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis) vs Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)- Hmm.  Bunker Pillar doesn't unlock soon enough, methinks.
Cecilia Lynn Adlehyde (Wild ARMs) vs Naja (Sands of Destruction)- No vote.
Chaos (Final Fantasy) vs Cid Raines (Final Fantasy XIII)- Mutter.  Anyway I'm reasonably sure Cid has magical offense which with everything else is the critical factor.

Heavy

Justin (Grandia) vs Sara (Breath of Death VII: The Beginning)- no vote.
Millenia (Grandia II) vs Umi (Cthulhu Saves the World)- Yeah, don't see a way for Umi to finagle a win before SBE.  Maybe if Siren call did damage but...
Jowy Atreides (Suikoden II) vs Brantyn (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together)- No vote.

Middle

Tengaar (Suikoden Series) vs Raynie (Radiant Historia)- Raynie's just not fast enough.
Red XIII (Final Fantasy VII) vs Oliver Lenheim (Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky)- My feeling is that any interp that lets Oliver heal as much as he'll need in this match also gives Red a strong enough limit to kill him.
Axel (Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories) vs Fuka Kazamatsuri (Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten)- ... no vote.

Light

Kongol (Legend of Dragoon) vs Cooke (Lost Odyssey)- No vote.

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Glen Veil

• Just call me...
  • Denizen
  • HO-UOU-IN K-YO-U-MA~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2011, 02:54:31 AM »
Can't vote on the Cecilia match, but from what it sounds her opponents offense is in the toilet if they stunlock her, if so, is it good enough to kill her before she hits condition green, clears the stun, then double acts?

Red XIII (Final Fantasy VII) vs Oliver Lenheim (Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky): Red is faster where both 3hko each other I think.  Granted, Oliver could probably win if he wasn't limited to starting setup but then that's just kind of unfair to the rest of the cast that don't have godly single line Orbments that let them get everything useful without actually trying.

Volug (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Goofy (Kingdom Hearts Series): not bothering to think on this.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2011, 04:18:46 AM »
Re Naja: I have no idea how this would be interp'd either, but Cleansing Cry might grab Status Lock as well.  For those not in the know, Cleansing Cry is one of the best dispel effects in RPGs- MT removes debuffs / status ailments from your team AND blows away buffs from the enemies.  It leaves your buffs untouched.  Since SoD characters cheat of course Naja just spends a single action on this and can keep laying on a beatdown / healing / etc. in the same turn.  (The problem is that it's entirely reasonable to see something like Status Lock, well, locking Cry, or for it to be "too late" to dispel Prison's delayed ID with Cry.)

As for Condition Green, I don't think the fight should last THAT long?  Once Cecilia gets low enough on life Naja switches to flurry chains to end it, and he can buff his AGI if he can get 6 actions which means he can also devote any double-turns he gets to damage.  And he will get to 6 actions likely - let's say he starts with 3 morale.  Use Outcry spam (the stun= turn skip move), and if it hits either on the first or second attempt, then switch to flurry chains which build the gauge until he can buff.  (The problem is more that his DL average involves 4 flurry chains, and he's limiting himself to more like 2 chains with that much morale at start.)

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2011, 07:08:43 AM »
Axel (Dis2) vs. Fuka (Dis4) - Pretty sure she's just more damaging overall. Axes are pretty broken. Axel has more MOV though, so he might get the first turn, counter-intuitive to the fact that bosses would always go last in Disgaea and none of Axel's PC forms are DL-legal. ...Oddly enough, Fuka's boss form might actually take this, too.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2011, 07:35:52 AM »
Axel (Dis2) vs. Fuka (Dis4) - Pretty sure she's just more damaging overall. Axes are pretty broken. Axel has more MOV though, so he might get the first turn, counter-intuitive to the fact that bosses would always go last in Disgaea and none of Axel's PC forms are DL-legal. ...Oddly enough, Fuka's boss form might actually take this, too.

Axel can have the first 3 turns, because Fuka appears to have a similar durability trick that isn't running off Axel's easily arguable 0.25 PC HP or something of that nature. That said, Axel does have a legal temp form! It faces only monsters...
...into the nightfall.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2011, 05:58:00 PM »
Godlike

Heavy

Justin (Grandia) vs Sara (Breath of Death VII: The Beginning)

Middle

Red XIII (Final Fantasy VII) vs Oliver Lenheim (Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky)

Light

Kongol (Legend of Dragoon) vs Cooke (Lost Odyssey)
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2011, 12:36:17 AM »
Aww crap I forgot Kongol had ID!  :P Can physically attached status get through the cover spells? I think Cooke still goes first - it is Kongol - and Cooke if I recall correctly has a B in Cast Time before factoring in the Reduce Casting Time skills, with them she has like the equivalent of an A/A+ I think. Note Sarah has a A Casting Time by default but if I'm remembering right Ming is a bit slower without learning the casting time skills from Cooke so in the DL where she doesn't Cooke might well be faster/the fastest next to Sarah. I personally would definitely see her as faster than say Mack or Tolten at least since in my experience Cooke was getting her stuff off before theirs. So yeah think I see her as going first and getting a Shine type spell/Blind off (or perhaps she should cast a cover spell first dunno) In addition to Blind there's also Cooke's evade to consider perhaps. I remember her being kind of evasive at least by Lost Odyssey standards - this stood out to me when doing her duel type battles/sidequest for the ultimate white magic where I found her evasion quite useful. Well here it might not be worth much on it's own but combined w/th the Blind? Perhaps might just give her the edge she needs here, even if barely to continue to outpace Kongol in the damage/status slugfest ~
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2011, 01:15:10 AM »
Godlike

Emelious (Grandia III) vs Katze Kotolnos (Super Robot Taisen Original Generation Saga: Endless Frontier) - Emelious
Isolde (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis) vs Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) - Reicher
Chaos (Final Fantasy) vs Cid Raines (Final Fantasy XIII) - mmm...Cid could inflict Pain...any other status?  Think that may be enough for him, since Chaos isn't status-immune.

Heavy

Justin (Grandia) vs Sara (Breath of Death VII: The Beginning) - Sara.  Boss form smashes.
Millenia (Grandia II) vs Umi (Cthulhu Saves the World) - Millenia.
Jowy Atreides (Suikoden II) vs Brantyn (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together) - Jowy equips another rune, kills.
Vayne Aurelius (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis) vs Dorothy (Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow-Brick Road) - Dorothy.  Ruby Slippers are op

Middle

Tengaar (Suikoden Series) vs Raynie (Radiant Historia) - Tengaar
Brad Evans (Wild ARMs 2) vs Sazh Katzroy (Final Fantasy XIII) - Sazh

Light

Volug (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Goofy (Kingdom Hearts Series) - Goofy.
Leblanc (Final Fantasy X-2) vs Jagen (Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon) - Leblanc
Guard Scorpion (Final Fantasy VII) vs Takashi Hanya (Persona 2: Innocent Sin) - Takashi
Kongol (Legend of Dragoon) vs Cooke (Lost Odyssey) - Kongol
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2011, 03:17:40 AM »
Chaos (Final Fantasy) vs Cid Raines (Final Fantasy XIII) - mmm...Cid could inflict Pain...any other status?  Think that may be enough for him, since Chaos isn't status-immune.

Chaos reduces all resistable status to 1/201 hit rate, which all Cid's status certainly is. Cid doesn't have Pain, anyway, just Daze and Poison.

Maybe.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2011, 03:22:27 AM »
Out of curiosity, what other rune would Jowy want to equip even?  Mind, I don't know his opponent at all.

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2011, 05:06:07 AM »
Darkness, instant death.  Otherwise, Umi outheals.

Yeah, I know Chaos has the resistance - since it's not perfect immunity, I let it be pierced - couldn't remember what Cid had...but I didn't think it was 100%.  But if he does, it may be enough.
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory