imageRegister

Author Topic: Futurama 2011 Season 2, Week 2: Take a look, it's in a book!  (Read 2257 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Futurama 2011 Season 2, Week 2: Take a look, it's in a book!
« on: November 06, 2011, 11:33:09 PM »
Emo- iiii v Katze
Isolde v Reicher- vii
Ceci v Naja- iii
Chaos- ii v Cid- vi

Justin- iii v Sara- i
Millenia- ii v Umi- iiii
Jowy- iii v Brantyn- i
Vayne- vi v Dorothy- ii

Tengaar- viiii v Raynie- i
Brad- iiii v Sazh- ii
Red- iii v Olivier- i
Axel v Fuka- i

Volug- v v Goofy- i
Leblanc- v v Jagen
Guard Scorpion- ii v Principal- iii
Kongol- iii v Cooke- ii

Godlike

Citan Uzuki (Xenogears) vs Elwen (Radiata Stories)
Zophar (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete) vs Der Fuhrer (Adolf Hitler) (Persona 2: Innocent Sin)
Eirika (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones) vs Ranger (Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift)
Avalon (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) vs Ilua (Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift)

Heavy

Ninja (Final Fantasy V) vs Kluke (Blue Dragon)
Zalbard (Shining Force II) vs Ceodore Harvey (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years)
Rei (Breath of Fire III) vs Hans (Growlanser 2)
Clarissa Arwin (Wild ARMs XF) vs York (Cross Edge)

Middle

Necromancer (Final Fantasy V: Advance) vs Dracula (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night)
Lloyd Irvine (Tales of Symphonia) vs Karol Cappel (Tales of Vesperia)
Rina (Suikoden II) vs Ghaleon Ashley Delsus Delvarood (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana)
Dalton (Chrono Trigger) vs Jiro (Blue Dragon)

Light

Andre (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) vs Allen Ridgeley (Xenosaga: Also Sprach Zarathustra)
Miluda Folles (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Andarc (Suikoden Tactics)
Shana (Legend of Dragoon) vs Saber (Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride)
Rody (Suikoden III) vs Liepard (Pokémon)

Have fun.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Futurama 2011 Season 2, Week 2: Take a look, it's in a book!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 11:48:20 PM »
Eirika (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones) vs Ranger (Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift) - Mirror X-Potion, Eirika explodes.

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 11:48:45 PM »
Godlike

Citan Uzuki (Xenogears) vs Elwen (Radiata Stories) - Elwen
Zophar (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete) vs Adolf Hitler (Persona 2: Innocent Sin) - Heil Hitler!
Eirika (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones) vs Ranger (Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift) - Ranger
Avalon (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) vs Ilua (Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift) - Avalon

Heavy

Ninja (Final Fantasy V) vs Kluke (Blue Dragon) - Kluke
Zalbard (Shining Force II) vs Ceodore Harvey (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years) - Zalbard
Rei (Breath of Fire III) vs Hans (Growlanser 2) - Hans

Middle

Necromancer (Final Fantasy V: Advance) vs Dracula (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night) - Dracula
Lloyd Irving (Tales of Symphonia) vs Karol Cappel (Tales of Vesperia) - Lloyd
Rina (Suikoden II) vs Ghaleon Ashley Delsus Delvarood (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana) - Rina
Dalton (Chrono Trigger) vs Jiro (Blue Dragon) - Dalton

Light

Andre (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) vs Allen Ridgeley (Xenosaga: Also Sprach Zarathustra) - Allen
Miluda Folles (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Andarc (Suikoden Tactics) - Andarc
Shana (Legend of Dragoon) vs Saber (Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride) - Shana
Rody (Suikoden III) vs Liepard (Pokémon) - Rody
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 12:04:35 AM »

Godlike

Citan Uzuki (Xenogears) vs Elwen (Radiata Stories)- Unless Elwen resisted Crystal Water. The doubleturns just wear out Elwen before she gets a Volty off.
Eirika (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones) vRanger (Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift)
Avalon (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) vs Ilua (Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift)

Heavy

Zalbard (Shining Force II) vs Ceodore Harvey (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years)- Blink/Haste should tilt a brutal slugfest.

Middle

Light

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 12:15:07 AM »
Godlike

Zophar (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete) vs Der Fuhrer (Adolf Hitler) (Persona 2: Innocent Sin)

Eirika (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones) vs Ranger (Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift)

Heavy

Zalbard (Shining Force II) vs Ceodore Harvey (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years)

Middle

Necromancer (Final Fantasy V: Advance) vs Dracula (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night)
Rina (Suikoden II) vs Ghaleon Ashley Delsus Delvarood (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana)

Light

Andre (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) vs Allen Ridgeley (Xenosaga: Also Sprach Zarathustra)
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011, 12:19:22 AM »
Even if Elwen resisted water/ice, the damage gap between Citan's 7 point attacks is about 300 from best to worst.  She'd need to get all of them unless he's very, VERY barely squeaking by.

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2011, 12:34:11 AM »

Heavy

I suspect this is an uphill battle for Hans.

Necromancer (Final Fantasy V: Advance) vs Dracula (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night) vs. Richter Belmont
Magnificent!  But now, feel my unbridled wrath!

Light

Andre isn't in the stat topic, and while he wasn't very good, I don't think he was bad enough to lose here?  (Yet OK is voting against a boss so maybe I'm totally wrong.)

Shana vs. bad damage, yes this will work.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2011, 01:11:01 AM »
Heavy

Ninja (Final Fantasy V) vs Kluke (Blue Dragon): I set this match up because there's a whole lot of close calls which I was too lazy to math out at the time. Essentially, Kluke can charge one-shot Ninja with Shadowus, but needs to charge, which may get her doubled. Whether or not she has time to do this... mathing it out, depends on which damage average you use for Blue Dragon, she needs 80% charge (=1.53 turns) to do it with the highest, but only 70% charge (=1.46 turns) with the second. Ninja has 115% speed to her 83%... so... actually, it doesn't matter which you use, unless you use the one-turn which feels like it overrates her. Furthermore, if you use the lower FF5 damage average, Ninja just OHKOs. Less close than I was kinda hoping, but oh well.
Zalbard (Shining Force II) vs Ceodore Harvey (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years): Hm, Zalbard goes first, but Ceodore goes between his two turns. Zalbard 2HKOs with his physical, but... yeah, Blink tilts this, coupled with lightning halving. Zalbard's Bolt 2 is too weak to finish off Ceodore even getting two shots. He can try to constantly dispel Blink by attacking but his speed isn't any good past the first turn so I'd see Ceodore lapping him eventually, and Haste means victory.

Middle

Necromancer (Final Fantasy V: Advance) vs Dracula (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night): Necromancer should have pretty good damage (very powerful attack + elemental strengthening), and Dracula just sucks.
Dalton (Chrono Trigger) vs Jiro (Blue Dragon): Healer against Dalton.

Light

Andre (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) vs Allen Ridgeley (Xenosaga: Also Sprach Zarathustra): Go forth, Andre! Devour Light! Uh yeah, pretty sure Allen's healing gets overwhelmed and Andre certainly outstats him badly.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2011, 02:02:34 AM »
Heavy

Clarissa Arwin (Wild ARMs XF) vs York (Cross Edge) - Clarissa goes first, I think. I don't think Sacrifice OHKOs, but it DOES put York into Anger range for a OHKO, with or without class armor. If Clarissa tries to chip, I think York takes enough of her HP off to negate Sacrifice danger and wins the slugfest.

EDIT: York could sort of get around Rob Turn, but I forgot Sacrifice was Magic, not Physical, rending his entire argument moot. This should have been someone with Perfect Barrier instead, not Parry. (Parry is an innate skill that activates under 25% life, evades all physicals that aren't an EX-Skill, though there is an accuracy related innate skill that if it activates, will go around it as well. Perfect Barrier is the Magic equivilent.)

Middle

Rina (Suikoden II) vs Ghaleon Ashley Delsus Delvarood (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana) - Rina is actually faster here. Sadly, I think Delsus barely escapes the 2HKO and gets her with Spirit Blast... unless Rina can choose whichever element she wants to block at 50/50 shot. Still, I think Delsus wins this.

Light

Rody (Suikoden III) vs Liepard (Pokémon) - Kneejerk?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 06:25:40 PM by Hunter Sopko »

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2011, 03:41:56 AM »
Hm.  What's York doing against Rob Turn, then?

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2011, 05:14:56 AM »
Godlike

Citan Uzuki (Xenogears) vs Elwen (Radiata Stories)- OHKO. Even without it that, Citan like 5HKOs her, she's pretty fast (so triples are going to be really rare), and Citan will need to basically be healing all the time.
Eirika (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones) vs Ranger (Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift)- I did have to double check this, but Eirika just doesn't have the damage for Godlike (Can't kill Ranger with 2 doubled Killer attacks, doesn't evade 2 in a row with Sieglinde). Tana would win because her evade is that much better!
Avalon (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) vs Ilua (Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift)- What is an Ilua? Guess I'm not there yet.

Middle

Lloyd Irvine (Tales of Symphonia) vs Karol Cappel (Tales of Vesperia)- Lloyd can't even break the healing.
Rina (Suikoden II) vs Ghaleon Ashley Delsus Delvarood (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana)- Don't know here! Should be non lazy and do an AI topic now that I have endgame stats but testing that game hurts.

Light

Miluda Folles (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Andarc (Suikoden Tactics)- Andarc has generally shown himself to not really be a Light (Of the middles I know, he could certainly take Lloyd!!! and probably also Rina despite the element thing since she basically has 2 shots of damage and is probably a bit slower).
...into the nightfall.

Sei

• Denizen
  • Hooray!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2011, 07:12:08 AM »
Rody (Suikoden III) vs Liepard (Pokémon) - Oh hey, something I could vote on. Liepard's pretty frail, so Rody might actually be able to 4HKO here.  On the other hand, Sand-Attack makes Rody's already meh accuracy even worse, and Hone Claws raises Liepard's own damage to decent levels.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 12:38:10 PM by Sei »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2011, 12:06:08 PM »
Light

Andre (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) vs Allen Ridgeley (Xenosaga: Also Sprach Zarathustra) - Holy shit Allen is awful.
Miluda Folles (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Andarc (Suikoden Tactics) - Andarc may be slower, but elemental panels badly slow down Miluda and she likely can't outrace the regen once Andarc puts it up. Andarc's kinda top of the line as far as Lights go.
Shana (Legend of Dragoon) vs Saber (Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride) - Fighter who can't exploit Shana's awful pdur? Seriously. SERIOUSLY.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2011, 05:43:33 PM »
Zophar (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete) vs Adolf Hitler (Persona 2: Innocent Sin) - Zophar says: "Oh no, SMT Bosses! My only weakness!"
Eirika (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones) vs Ranger (Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift) - Didn't think this would be such a blowout.

Heavy

Ninja (Final Fantasy V) vs Kluke (Blue Dragon) - BD Blackmage hype.
Zalbard (Shining Force II) vs Ceodore Harvey (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years) - Cecil with better healing? Sure.
Rei (Breath of Fire III) vs Hans (Growlanser 2) - Pretty sure there's an ID blocker gem in G2, and Hans is getting the first turn here thanks to the Wings gem.
Clarissa Arwin (Wild ARMs XF) vs York (Cross Edge) - Rob Turn, not thinking about this further.

Middle

Necromancer (Final Fantasy V: Advance) vs Dracula (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night) - Really not sure how I see Dracula beyond a general 'meh' feeling from when I last played SotN...
Lloyd Irving (Tales of Symphonia) vs Karol Cappel (Tales of Vesperia) - Lloyd sucks, Fatal Strikes rule.
Dalton (Chrono Trigger) vs Jiro (Blue Dragon) - But Dalton's the real winner here when he stops BD's soundtrack.

Light

Andre (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) vs Allen Ridgeley (Xenosaga: Also Sprach Zarathustra) - Don't remember Andre anymore...
Miluda Folles (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Andarc (Suikoden Tactics) - Not Miluda~
Rody (Suikoden III) vs Liepard (Pokémon) - Rody's probably a Middle to me since I allow storebought runes based on affinity claim.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 06:30:20 PM by DjinnAndTonic »

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2011, 05:52:16 PM »
Hm.  What's York doing against Rob Turn, then?

Same deal, I think, but I am hazy on the exact mechanics Rob Turn had.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2011, 11:02:25 PM »
Rob Turn would mean Clarissa would get two Sacrifices before York got a turn unless he immunes it.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2011, 11:05:18 PM »
Rody (Suikoden III) vs Liepard (Pokémon) - Rody's probably a Middle to me since I allow storebought runes based on affinity claim.

But Rody's affinities are hardly anything to write home about (His only A is on Water, but that doesn't really help him much with his awful durability and non-existant offense. And are As unique enough? About eight characters have As in Water naturally, and Water is one of the runes affinities matter the least for). The only one that he has that you could claim as noticeably unique is Sword of Magic's S (the only one in the game!), and he is likely still 10HKOing and generally being a Puny with that after you factor in higher averages off the storebought runes. If you don't for some reason, now he 7HKOs average or something while being easily 2HKOed by average physicals. Woohoo.

EDIT: I have no idea whether this affects his match against the whoever Pokémon he's facing, just noting research is cool~
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 11:56:19 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2011, 02:00:24 AM »
It's been a long, long time since anyone crunched the numbers, but SoM S at the least salvages his speed and I think gets him around 600 damage?  Still not a middle for durability reasons, but at least a whole lot better.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 02:03:22 AM by Cmdr_King »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2011, 02:33:41 AM »
600 damage? Does it borderline -triple- his damage, then? That's kinda absurd.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2011, 03:15:01 AM »
*FAQs*

Bah, suikosouce at least doesn't list the base increase from Sword of Magic.  Like all magic ranks, S gives you -85% casting time and +70% power, but I don't know what that 70% is being added to.  If I remember how it interacts with Swing correctly, though, it should give him a third hit any time he casts which alone bumps him from ~250 to ~300.  If the S rank is between at 75 and 100% boost then, he's somewhere between 500 and 600 damage?  We may have to summon Dhyer here.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2011, 03:26:26 AM »
Base is 15%, so it's a 85% increase. DL wise, the absurd part is the speed, which is like...7 (faster than any other attacker if cast every turn). Doesn't do anything to increase number of swings (Since DL wise is already assuming there isn't any running anyways they'll be at their max). I'd certainly agree that it's not making Rody a Middle, but I'm assuming it probably crushes a Pokemon Light (If only because they'll often have a weakness to one of his choices).

I also agree that for runes and uniqueness, it's kind of natural S or bust (Which is to say Mel, Rody and possibly someone with Shield?).
...into the nightfall.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2011, 08:19:26 AM »
But Dalton's the real winner here when he stops BD's soundtrack.

Is this a diss of BD's soundtrack?

... what the hell is wrong with you, man?

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2011, 06:46:50 PM »
Godlike

Zophar (Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete) vs Der Fuhrer (Adolf Hitler) (Persona 2: Innocent Sin)- I'm pretty sure he can't use Holy Grail at the outset, and Zophar is not without chipping should Fate Storm be not quite enough (although I think it is, without calculating).
Eirika (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones) vs Ranger (Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift)- Anyway.
Avalon (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) vs Ilua (Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift)- No vote.

Heavy

Ninja (Final Fantasy V) vs Kluke (Blue Dragon)- No vote.
Zalbard (Shining Force II) vs Ceodore Harvey (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years)- No vote.
Rei (Breath of Fire III) vs Hans (Growlanser 2)- No vote.
Clarissa Arwin (Wild ARMs XF) vs York (Cross Edge)- No vote.

Middle

Necromancer (Final Fantasy V: Advance) vs Dracula (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night)- No vote.
Lloyd Irvine (Tales of Symphonia) vs Karol Cappel (Tales of Vesperia)- Lloyd vs Healer ends pretty badly even ignoring Karol's HP advantage (and quite possibly damage advantage, although that would require effort to look up.)
Rina (Suikoden II) vs Ghaleon Ashley Delsus Delvarood (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana)- I think.
Dalton (Chrono Trigger) vs Jiro (Blue Dragon)- No vote.

Light

Shana (Legend of Dragoon) vs Saber (Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride)- ... hm.  Right, DQ crits are just ITD.
Rody (Suikoden III) vs Liepard (Pokémon)- I perhaps should go for the S rank rune thing, but not this day.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2011, 03:56:00 PM »
Godlike

Heavy

Ninja (Final Fantasy V) vs Kluke (Blue Dragon): Guess I'll agree with NEB.
Rei (Breath of Fire III) vs Hans (Growlanser 2): Death. Rei stops Hans' status.
Clarissa Arwin (Wild ARMs XF) vs York (Cross Edge): Yeah Magic evade would have given York a win, but he doesn't have that.

Middle

Lloyd Irvine (Tales of Symphonia) vs Karol Cappel (Tales of Vesperia): Karol has healing and is waaaaay tankier. One of his skill is 'tenth all damage when below 25% HP". Guess how that works vs. someone with multi-hit attacks.
Dalton (Chrono Trigger) vs Jiro (Blue Dragon): Healing. So much healing.

Light

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2011, 04:46:31 PM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Light