Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 57 (MAKE NEW DUNGEON TEAMS YOU BASTARDS)  (Read 1061 times)

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile

"Hmmm... Fresh blood, is it? Well then, let's see the blood run!"

HATBOT, Snowfire and Magic vs. Dungeon
Dungeon vs. Nama

Link to the Dungeon Wiki!

----------------
Team Tal-Hatbot | White Wizard (DoS), Nash, Borya (Brey), Momo (With Enemy Skills) Angelo, Nall
[Floor 2b: The Forboding Forest]
Team vs. FFT Red Chocobo, Black Chocobo and Yellow Chocobo
Team vs. FF3 Geomancer, FF5 Geomancer and FFT Geomancer
Team vs. Mispolm, Nimufu and Deneb
Team vs. Spar, Frog and Bo
Team vs. Sudowoodo, Bowyer and Yumi (S3)

Team Snowfire | Celes, Feena, Red XIII, Strago (Neo Speed), Ricardo
[Celes: Kirin (M), Siren (M) Shoat, Unicorn, Phantom, ZoneSeek] [Feena: All Eggs]
[Floor 4: Diff'rent Strokes]
Team vs. Hahn, Tia, Luna, Mareg and Shana
Team vs. Palom, Porom, Edward and Yang
Team vs. Albel, Roger Huxley and Peppita
Team vs. Gandar, Belenus, Lawfer, Arngrim and Shiho
Team vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf and Reis

Team Magic | Yuri 2, Shania, Blanca, Ricardo, Lucia  (Synergy)
[Floor 5b: Turnheal]
*For this floor, all buffs, debuffs, healing and damage are reversed. ID is considered revival and the reverse is also true. Status continues to work as normal. Status recovery, however, inflict status.
Team vs. Bow and Rand
Team vs. Mint, Rena and Tear
Team vs. Ramza, Alma, Zalbag and Dycedarg
Team vs. Crono and Magus
Team vs. LFT Adramelk

Blanca: Ipos (Arc Gale, Gale Spark), Uvall (Arc Cure, Heal)
Lucia: Crocell (Cure, Aqua Edge, Raise Up), Halphas (Entrance, Air Edge), Aim (Rage, Shield, Gale, Heat Edge), Asmodeus (Dark Resist, Evil Crest), Cure Plus, Arc Heal
Ricardo: *Raise Up, Arc Cure, Heat Edge, Gale, Arc Mirage, Red Bounce, Gale Blast, Arc Heal

Synergy (Shadow Hearts): Blanca, Ricardo and Lucia start with 1 Stellar Crest. 1 Extra Crest is gained per floor and may be granted to one of the three.

Neo Speed - The effective speed of one character is increased by 25% and increases by 25% each time that character takes a turn, this effect caps at 200% base speed. The speed of this character cannot be increased in any way, nor can this character grant or be granted turns via any manner. If the character dies the speed is removed and cannot be regained.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 04:42:24 AM by Nephrite »

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 57 (MAKE NEW DUNGEON TEAMS YOU BASTARDS)
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 04:51:59 AM »
Team Magic | Yuri 2, Shania, Blanca, Ricardo, Lucia  (Synergy)
[Floor 5b: Turnheal]
*For this floor, all buffs, debuffs, healing and damage are reversed. ID is considered revival and the reverse is also true. Status continues to work as normal. Status recovery, however, inflict status.
Team vs. Bow and Rand - Both are slower than Blanca and don't immune the dangerous stuff.
Team vs. Mint, Rena and Tear - See above.
Team vs. Ramza, Alma, Zalbag and Dycedarg - Alma's the only one that's dangerous here, and she can't get Deathspell 2 off before Ricardo throws up Meteor Shower (removing ALL their immunities), and either Blanca throws out Fullmoon or Yuri with an Arc Cure Heal in the Wind Fusion.
Team vs. Crono and Magus - Hey, Crono, have you seen my Leonardo's Bears?...  Why are you crying?
Team vs. LFT Adramelk - HOW ARE YOU CRYING?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 05:13:00 AM by Magic Fanatic »

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 05:49:53 AM »
Ability reminders first.

Celes
Cure/Cure2/Antdot/Regen/Remedy
Ice/Ice2/Fire/Bio
Imp/Sleep/Mute/Break/Doom/Slow/Safe/Shell/Dispel/
Learned this floor: Berserk / Vanish / Demi / Rasp / Osmose

Strago:
Actually has new Lores this floor, hurray.  I'm ignoring Lores that are questionable (L. X effects) and that really suck (Blow Fish against entities that are not insane tanks).  (Strangely enough Pep Up is sometimes relevant in the Dungeon, unlike in-game.)
Damage:
Aqua Rake / Exploder

Stone / Condemned / ((Dischord - I would say not legal, requires Veldt-grinding in the WoB))

Support:
Pearl Wind / Pep Up

Feena:
Knifehurl, Randohurl
Paralyze Whip, Zap! Whip, Fire Whip

Burn, Burnflame, Burnflare, Heal, Healer, Snooze (around 50% Sleep, MT), Alheal, Diggin', Tremor, WOW!, Howl, Runner, Howlslash, Crackle, Shhh! (inflicts Silence), Crackling,  Fiora (inflicts Moveblock), Cure, Refresh (removes Moveblock), Speedy, Resurrect, Halvah (total status curing)

------

THAT SAID...  my team roflstomps floor 4.  Tons of average speed and below average speed opponents vs. a speedy team.  Fire3-All / Crackling / Aqua Rake tends to not leave much cleanup left for Celes & Ricardo.  If there are somehow any survivors, Ricardo can heal up MP damage, Red / Feena / Celes all have status curing, and Feena / Celes / Strago / Ricardo all have normal HP curing.

Team Snowfire | Celes, Feena, Red XIII, Strago (Neo Speed), Ricardo
[Celes: Kirin (M), Siren (M) Shoat, Unicorn, Phantom, ZoneSeek] [Feena: All Eggs]
[Floor 4: Diff'rent Strokes]
Team vs. Hahn, Tia, Luna, Mareg and Shana
Uh Tia gets a turn and can't do enough before MT destruction rains down and kills everything. 

Team vs. Palom, Porom, Edward and Yang
Yang can sleep somebody...  against a team with a lot of status healing and good ol' pokes worst comes to worst...  and whatever status Edward gets with Sing can be cured anyway.  The twins (& Edward's) terrible durability mean that they die before getting a turn even if status forces a character or two to miss their turn.

Team vs. Albel, Roger Huxley and Peppita
They die to MT storm before getting a turn.

Team vs. Gandar, Belenus, Lawfer, Arngrim and Shiho
They die to MT storm before getting a turn, or at least everyone except Arngrim / (Lawfer?) do, and they aren't scary alone.  Also, not that it's needed, but summon Phantom for mass Vanish = hilarity, so really all the team needs to do is off the mages.

Team SnowFire vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf and Reis
And the FFT team is even slower, though Worker 8 is a pretty good counter to my mage-heavy team...  except he's owned by Vanish, or just plain beatdown + healing / revival when he's the only survivor.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 10:15:37 AM »
Snowfire passes.
His team is really at its peak here with Aquarake/Fire3 still being quite overpowered and Celes having Phantom's Vanish-All as a go-to option. Feena should be pretty fast here, too, since Gadwin's around to mess with the averages.

Magic passes.
Leonardo's Bears~ Also the Turnheal floor is very kind to the Shadow Hearts team.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2011, 04:09:13 AM »
Magic passes.  I don't think Yuri's Arc Cure is worth much hype, but all that ID immunity and the general badness of non-full healing at doing damage that sticks on the Turnheal floor means the only thing team Shadowed Hearts vaguely fears is status, and I think they can take the Alma fight okay.

Just from kneejerk, suspect Tal does okay what with Nimufu having to sleep Angelo lest Tingle hype be summoned, but will wait for somebody who knows the team better to comment / remind what exactly Momo can do.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011, 08:43:35 PM »
I'll note Nimufu by herself utterly fails against Tally-chu just because the team has Nash. Her status resistance is basically in the negatives (in-game, even inaccurate statuses practically never -miss- on her), and floor 2 Nash is bound to have Petrify, even. Deneb is pretty trashy too, and I'm guessing Mispolm won't really be a terribly huge threat.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2011, 08:56:56 PM »
BoF2 bosses are immune to fatal status and gravity, so I wouldn't see petrify working... that said sleep/paralysis/silence are all pretty horrific here. Not that I remember which if any of those Nash would have at this point in the game.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2011, 09:47:56 PM »
He should have Confuse/Paralysis. Silence I believe is later than even Sleep, though. The brunt of his status variety comes earlier, the brunt of his status brutality later.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2011, 03:16:39 PM »
Magic passes. Not sure why I thought Come Back was MT ID reversed but oh well Full Moon and and Arc Heal probably work just as well for this floor. Oh and bears <3

Looks like Tal also passes. Nash has the status, not sure exactly what Momo has at this stage but probably her own healing and sleep? White Wiz, Angelo ... yeah there's probably enough status/healing/support in general lying around for this team to take this floor.

Snowfire ... probably passes. Need to look into/think about what I allow for elemental resists some more but don't think it matters too much.
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2011, 07:19:10 PM »
I think everyone passes.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2011, 03:09:44 PM »

Team Tal-Hatbot | White Wizard (DoS), Nash, Borya (Brey), Momo (With Enemy Skills) Angelo, Nall
[Floor 2b: The Forboding Forest]
Team vs. FFT Red Chocobo, Black Chocobo and Yellow Chocobo- The Chocobos are mildly threatening, but Nash's status should slow them down enough.
Team vs. FF3 Geomancer, FF5 Geomancer and FFT Geomancer- Same here. Damage blitz!
Team vs. Mispolm, Nimufu and Deneb-Deneb is slower than I thought in OB, as she's just barely above average. Nash and Brey should beat that... and they can do nothing threatening. Ugh. What the fuck did Nimufu have?
Team vs. Spar, Frog and Bo
Team vs. Sudowoodo, Bowyer and Yumi (S3)

Abstain on team magic. Ramza and Alma both give his team trouble due to heal/deathspell, and that determines the floor for him. He likely passes since I bet he can outlast that fight, but not sure enough to vote that way.Tenative pass to team snowfire. Even with Tia's sleep being troublesome, they shouldn't have issues. The rest of the fights get smashed.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...