Register

Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 58  (Read 2749 times)

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 58
« on: November 27, 2011, 04:39:16 PM »

"Let's see just how far you can get!"

HATBOT, Snowfire and Magic vs. Dungeon

Link to the Dungeon Wiki!

----------------
Team OK (Grrrl Power) | Rikku, Purim, Kyra, Yukiko, Rena | Rikku's Mixes & Items
[Floor 1: Starting off Again (Beginning of the game)]
Team OK vs. Hrist (VP1), Evil Gaia, Big Joe, Guido and Gorudo
Team OK vs. Rand, Cecil and Duran
Team OK vs. Blissey, Axem Green, Sharanda (LoD) and Lucius
Team OK vs. Mist Dragon, Whelk, Wingraptor (FF5) and Garland (FF1)
Team OK vs. Laggy Fantasy Tactics Queklain

Team Tal-Hatbot | White Wizard (DoS), Nash, Borya (Brey), Momo (With Enemy Skills) Angelo, Nall
[Floor 3b: Multiply]
**All attacks, regardless of original ability, hit either all enemies or all allies for this floor.
Team Hatbot vs. Marcus, Seth and Titania
Team Hatbot vs. FF1 White Wizard, FFT Priest, FF5 White Mage and FF3DS White Mage
Team Hatbot vs. Alma, Kresnik and Marco (RH)
Team Hatbot vs. Magus and Dalton
*Full Heal
Team Hatbot vs. Golbez (DS), Cagnazzo (DS), Mist Dragon (DS) and Baigan (DS)

Team Snowfire | Celes, Feena, Red XIII, Strago (Neo Speed), Ricardo
[Celes: Kirin (M), Siren (M) Shoat, Unicorn, Phantom, ZoneSeek, Tritoch] [Feena: All Eggs]
[Floor 5b: Turnheal]
*For this floor, all buffs, debuffs, healing and damage are reversed. ID is considered revival and the reverse is also true. Status continues to work as normal. Status recovery, however, inflict status.
Team Snowfire vs. Bow and Rand
Team Snowfire vs. Mint, Rena and Tear
Team Snowfire vs. Ramza, Alma, Zalbag and Dycedarg
Team Snowfire vs. Crono and Magus
Team Snowfire vs. LFT Adramelk

Team Magic | Yuri 2, Shania, Blanca, Ricardo, Lucia  (Synergy)
[Floor 6b: Overachievers]
Team Magic vs. Altima and Hashmalum
*Full Heal*
Team Magic vs. Cloud of Darkness and Xande
*Full Heal*
Team Magic vs. Sephiroth and Jenova-Birth
*Full Heal*
Team Magic vs. Loki and Surt
*Full Heal*
Team Magic vs. Ghaleon (SSC) and Ghaleon (EBC)

Blanca: Naberius (Gale, Gale Spike, Arc Gale), Astaroth (Holy Resist, Bright Crest)
Lucia: Aim (Rage, Shield, Gale, Heat Edge), Murmur (Raise Up, Resurrection), Malphas (Entrance, Gale Spark, Bright Crime), Asmodeus (Dark Resist, Evil Crest)
Ricardo: *Entrance, *Arc Surge, *Resurrection, Arc Cure, Heat Edge, Gale, Arc Mirage, Red Bounce, Gale Blast

Synergy (Shadow Hearts): Blanca, Ricardo and Lucia start with 1 Stellar Crest. 1 Extra Crest is gained per floor and may be granted to one of the three.

Life - One character's healing effects now also allows for revival, but reduces the final effect of any healing to 75%. (This means full healing is always 75%) The healing also only revives characters with 1 HP. The healing received from spells that hit more than one target may be used as revival once per battle.

Neo Speed - The effective speed of one character is increased by 25% and increases by 25% each time that character takes a turn, this effect caps at 200% base speed. The speed of this character cannot be increased in any way, nor can this character grant or be granted turns via any manner. If the character dies the speed is removed and cannot be regained.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 58
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 07:49:10 PM »
Team OK (Grrrl Power) | Rikku, Purim, Kyra, Yukiko, Rena | Rikku's Mixes & Items
Team OK vs. Rand, Cecil and Duran
Team OK vs. Blissey, Axem Green, Sharanda (LoD) and Lucius
Team OK vs. Mist Dragon, Whelk, Wingraptor (FF5) and Garland (FF1)
Team OK vs. Laggy Fantasy Tactics Queklain - Grenades this early might be kinda painful...  Oh yeah, other people are there.  *SPLAT*

Team Tal-Hatbot | White Wizard (DoS), Nash, Borya (Brey), Momo (With Enemy Skills) Angelo, Nall
[Floor 3b: Multiply]
**All attacks, regardless of original ability, hit either all enemies or all allies for this floor.
Team Hatbot vs. Marcus, Seth and Titania
Team Hatbot vs. FF1 White Wizard, FFT Priest, FF5 White Mage and FF3DS White Mage
Team Hatbot vs. Alma, Kresnik and Marco (RH) - Nash is crazy fast and accurate.  First three rounds are a pass.
Team Hatbot vs. Magus and Dalton - This...  Not so sure on.  Too lazy to math it out until later, though.
*Full Heal
Team Hatbot vs. Golbez (DS), Cagnazzo (DS), Mist Dragon (DS) and Baigan (DS)

[Celes: Kirin (M), Siren (M) Shoat, Unicorn, Phantom, ZoneSeek, Tritoch] [Feena: All Eggs]
*For this floor, all buffs, debuffs, healing and damage are reversed. ID is considered revival and the reverse is also true. Status continues to work as normal. Status recovery, however, inflict status.
Team Snowfire vs. LFT Adramelk - Nooo idea.  Third fight is linchpin, and I don't know what Strago has to counteract things.  Does Snow have normally ID in there somewhere?  I'm guessing that means that if Ricardo wants to get people through fight three, he needs a Cosmic Bracelet to block the Poison/Seal part of Ramza's Heal, opening him up to the ID later (unless you allow Ricardo free pick of accessories that is possible for him to equip, like I do).

If Snow can get through fight 3 relatively unscathed, I think I can go ahead and see a pass (since Ricardo can't die after that, if he goes Leonardo Bear.  I consider it cool sailing either way, since I allow both the Bear and the Bracelet).

*Full Heal*
*Full Heal*
Team Magic vs. Sephiroth and Jenova-Birth - First two fights are easy enough to get through, and this fight is just killing Sephiroth before he does anything dangerous since he needs to spend a turn Flying to unlock stuff - he's frail, so I don't see this as a major problem.
*Full Heal*
Team Magic vs. Loki and Surt - First problem fight of the floor!  Blanca casts Arc Gale, which makes my entire team a hair above average - notice that Lucia is about 96.5% average speed before buffs in Dhyer's SH2 topic, and 170% average speed after (And Yuri will definitely start doubleturning after their first turn, since he over doubles average speed after a speed buff.  Maybe also Blanca and Ricardo, possibly Shania post-transformation).  Their most dangerous stuff is all magical, so that gives me three options for dealing with these guys:

Option 1 - Blitz Loki:
Blanca casts Arc Gale, Ricardo casts Arc Surge (or Entrance.  Whichever would gross the highest damage for the team).  Yuri uses Die, Scumbag!, Shania uses Rumble Roar, and Lucia uses Evil Crest.  With that much power going through, Loki should be dead before he moves

Option 2 - Tank Loki:
If you don't see Loki as being able to being killed before Turn 1 ends for me, then I'll need to point out that all of their moves that would honestly kill me are magical.  Switch Shania using Rumble Roar in Tatan'ka to Arc Barrier in La Sirene.  For extra insurance, I can hype Lucia's Evil Crest as attaching SATK Down to Loki (which is -36%, I want to say) or pop a Grass+Sunrise on the rest of my party, which stacks with Arc Barrier for SDEF*1.36*1.24 total, making most attacks easily tankable.  Loki'll be dead at the end of turn 2 in this one.

*Full Heal*
Team Magic vs. Ghaleon (SSC) and Ghaleon (EBC) - See above's "Tank Loki" option...  But with less worried about speed.  Everyone in my party can immune Paralysis and isn't OHKOed by Purple Circle.  Blanca Arc Gales, Ricardo does...  Something.  Other characters can either pile on damage or make me more freakishly tanky.  Even though their combined MT damage would reach 1.4 PCHP (which I was told is maybe on the low side)...  Arc Barrier and Grass+Sunrise is potent together, dropping that to 0.6 or 0.7 PCHP (and both Shania and Ricardo are getting tons of Stock due to getting hit so much - at least one bar at the start of turn 3 at the latest).  Nevermind that Arc Gale is going to make them cry, since probably even Lucia can double them at this point, saying nothing of Yuri's crazy.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 12:25:29 AM »
Magic and Snowfire fail, others pass.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 01:07:20 AM »
My floor is an utter slaughter.  Feena and Red XIII are both fast, are both ID-immune (Talisman / Safety Bit), and both have revival.  Feena has full-healing as well for the ID-immune, and they both have status curing to hand over every FF7 / Grandia status ailment if it comes to that in Esuna / Halvah.  They solo the entire floor.  If for some reason that doesn't matter, Strago has White Wind - this is an MT OHKO to those of average durability - and Celes has Doom to bring people back to life as well as Remedy to inflict a ton of deadly status ailments.  (And as a reminder Strago is moderately above average speed thanks to the Sealstone.)

They're both slow.
They're all slow-to-average speed, and below average durability as well - White Wind would kill them all if nothing else.
Alma is the only threat here (don't hype Ramza's Wish, it's not a OHKO) and even her speed-optimized setup which allows equip-changing isn't fast enough here.  The evil brothers have...  equipment fixing?  Zombie-healing?  Yeah.  If somehow Alma does get a turn, it really doesn't matter since there are no less than 4 threats on my team and she nabs just 1 with Deathspell.  For hilarity Ricardo can play his status-immunity removing song too, not that it matters since Alma is dead before she gets a turn.
These two aren't ID immune, Red / Feena are.
Team Snowfire vs. LFT Adramelk
Just throw a lot of healing at him.  More to the point he has no healing (= damage), just revival (=ID), so a single ID-immune character wins, let alone 2.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 01:10:08 AM by SnowFire »

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 04:25:02 AM »
Magic and Snowfire fail, others pass.

Where do I fail?

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 05:17:45 AM »
I don't think the buffs do enough to overwhelm the damage the last fight throws out.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2011, 05:55:04 AM »
Team OK wins.  I'll buy F1 Grenade hype.

Team Tal...  well, Nash's status isn't actually "crazy" accurate, but it's accurate enough.  (~70% on the sleep, ~63% or so on the Stone IIRC)  Magus / Dalton can be dealt with by just healing a ton since Magus has little offense that isn't counters.  Weirdly enough it's the FF4DS fight that's going to be problematic, since Nash's status hype is useless there and Tal's team is slow enough that their game can get started.  Specifically, Baigan has the Reflect-as-a-counter-to-Magic hype, and Cag gets a 50% chance of Silence.  Against teams with offense, this doesn't matter because they're not durable enough that just one magic nuke is enough to kill 'em, but Tal's team kind of doesn't have offense.  Bizarrely enough Cag isn't weak to Lightning, and Baigan actively resists it, but they're weak to Ice at least, for all that Icebolt hype is still kinda meh.  Considering the risk of Silence messing up the healers, the team wants to beat down with physicals until Brey's Icebolt will KO Baigan / Cagnazzo...  except that the team is actually pretty tanky to physicals, and there's possible Mist Dragon transform -> counter physicals hype if they dally too long.  There's also freakin' Golbez Osmose to worry about - he's not going to bother blitzing into Tal's pile of healing, but he will MP suck, and will clean the team out around early turn 3 or so.  This means that the plan needs to involve Brey unloading on turn 2 or so I'd say...   and they'll need to have at least one person heal.  Wow.  This is actually really close.  Will hold off in case Momo has something to hype here, but otherwise we're talking just how much mage beatdown can be applied.

Sure, blitz Hash.
*Full Heal*
*Full Heal*
This team has enough types of offense to clear out the tentacles fast, then kill Xande. CoD main body isn't a threat afterward.
Team Magic vs. Sephiroth and Jenova-Birth
Shadow Hearts blocks Stop, right?  I don't see Sephy as particularly frail, though, and Jenova-Birth apparently isn't either.  Fly shuts down some physical offense...  but... Ricardo's got that status immunity song to deal with Supernova, and the team has some MT healing afterward, and they can focus on killing Jenova first.  Still a pass.
*Full Heal*
Team Magic vs. Loki and Surt
Checking SH2 stat topic...  I see, SH2 speed buffs say 36% but end up more powerful than that.  (Although this also implies ring perfects, which I never tried for personally on spells.)  Still, sure, I agree with "toss a speed buff on the slightly-below-average speed person to barely get them across the finish line before average speed" logic.  Not sure I approve of Yuri having Die, Scumbag - I don't think I had a lvl. 9 Neo Amon for the final boss IIRC - but I'd also tamp down what other characters have access too, so I don't think it's that large a difference.

Anyway, with the Arc Gale propelling Shania ahead of average speed...  Loki has around 1x PCHP to me but good physical defense, but Yuri & Shania both have magic options that can surely hit .5 PCHP each, and if they miss it by a bit then Ricardo will put them over the edge anyway.  Once it's just Surt left I'm sure they win.

*Full Heal*
Team Magic vs. Ghaleon (SSC) and Ghaleon (EBC)

EBC Ghaleon's MT nuke: .72 PCHP
SSSC Ghaleon's Hell Wave + Rock & Roll: .80 PCHP
SSSC Ghaleon's 2x Hell Wave (never used in-game, I don't allow it): .87 PCHP

Grass+Sunrise + Arc Barrier hype: 1.6x SDef apparently

Here's the problem.  The team is not blitzing out EBC Ghaleon on turn 1 which requires something like supported buffed Emily.  So...  they need to survive the Ghaleons' MT non-elemental magical nukes.  When lynchpins Yuri + Shania have SDef as their worst status.  Furthermore SDef in SH2 does not sound tremendously potent...  it's straight subtraction-based apparently that doesn't care about number of hits, and I don't recall damage being nulled to 0 all that often.  So we have 1.52 PCHP MT damage incoming, in 3 hits. 

SH2 average PCHP: 675
"Average" damage: 270 (=.4 PCHP)
Average Special Defense: 239
Average SDef *1.6 = 382
Damage taken off average magical attack: (382-239 = ) 143
Damage reduction percent: (270 - 143) / 270 ~= .47 of the damage.
Damage reduction subtraction/literal: 143/675 = .21 PCHP

So.  If you go by percentages, these buffs halve MT damage, so .76 PCHP damage.  That's survivable.  If you use subtraction...  well, that's three magical attacks incoming, so .21*3 = .62 are taken off them.  That knocks it down to .90 PCHP damage...  which is *really scary* but I think the team baaaaaarely survives.  Blanca is average HP so he spams MT heals and the team slowly grinds through.

Okay, that was pretty close, but asssuming the Oils + Arc Barrier do in fact stack like so, looks like Magic gets a pass.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2011, 06:05:13 AM »
I don't see a compelling reason as to why Snowfire's team wouldn't pass.  Abstain on all other teams.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2011, 08:54:12 AM »
I think Tal's team falls. I think they need Brey to OHKO Baigan, and it looks like Baigan's only 50% Weak to Ice. Even ignore some issues like uh...if Baigan is fast, and everything is now MT, doesn't that mean that him+arms does OHKO MT damage stuff, if the team can't use any magic until Baigan is killed or else eat reflect, they lose a lot of damage. Oh yeah, Baigan probably also gets a turn and mini's half the party (Which of course can be status healed, but turns eaten and such).

Cagnazzo will get to counter the magic and will silence a good number, and that's certainly happening multiple times. Osmose being MT is now super dangerous (80%; Uh...even with some characters here having MDef, that's going to be bad for the long fight and the fact the the team doesn't really have magic damage outside of MP. Tal wishes it was early turn 3 where is clears out.) and based on the speed notes, Golbez and Baigan are probably really good on speed turn 1, but worse later.

So seems like the team gets most of it's MP shuffled away, is dealing constantly with Mist Dragon's counters, need magic to hit Mist Dragon but then will eat Cag's Silence counters, need Baigan to be KOed by the first magic attack he takes (So physical chip with Nash and hope Brey's like 50% Ice Magic after the weakness does it), need to assuredly kill Golbez before he gets a second action (admittedly not hard).

Team Dungeon vs Team Tal

Team Snowfire vs Team Dungeon- Buffs help him live through Loki/Surt and the Ghaleon's (Yeah, SH defenses are kind of wimpy, but buffing them that much is good. Also, yeah, number of hits per action don't matter for SH defenses, but certainly number of actions matter. Ghaleon's are over 3 actions.

Team Snowfire vs Dungeon- Well, Adramelk does technically have healing! Just uh...can't target it anywhere but himself, so technically can only damage himself...I admit, that something still seems off here in that a single character with ID immunity effectively can't be killed either of the final 2 fights. Is that right?

Team OK vs Dungeon- Grenades huh? Well, hmm, against right at the beginning of the game, those would be great. Still solid is scaled to when Rikku joins, which is what I'd assume (At that point, those might be just a tad below average thanks to Yuna). I would assume they aren't necessary but...that Rand/Duran/Cecil fight. At this point, Rand/Duran/Cecil are better healers!

Do kind of want to look at this:
Team OK vs. Rand, Cecil and Duran- Hmm, yeah, assuming Rikku is 35% ITD physical. Telele is great here, since it means that the dungeon either has to heal the status or heal themselves.
Team OK vs. Blissey, Axem Green, Sharanda (LoD) and Lucius- As always, dungeon Sharanda is a big question mark. I assume that since I start with SP in the DL, the same applies here. The bad is that Rikku is faster than Sharanda turn 1, but Sharanda is faster than everyone else. Rikku can open with MT, but Sharanda will counter with 60% MT damage and full MT healing. Can Kyra's physical OHKO Axem Green? If not, Yukiko will not be acting this round. Purim...has...either Undine or nothing. Undine is great! Nothing is uh...less so. This one just devolves into a mess of views, none of which I'm too sure on, so abstain.
Team OK vs. Laggy Fantasy Tactics Queklain- Well, Paralyse ccan do nasty things here depending on who is left, assuming anyone feel previously.
...into the nightfall.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2011, 09:49:25 AM »
Team Snowfire definitely passes to me. His explanation looks pretty solid and I was looking for some holes from some of the more obscure healers.

Team Shadow Hearts looks like a pass, but it's a bit closer. Could be convinced otherwise if a solid argument about subtractive Sdefense comes up.

Team Hatbot fails. I think he's having lots of resource issues, particularly with MT Osmose in the last fight. I recall DQ spells being expensive, too.

Team Grrl... uh... abstain. Not sure how this team is supposed to synergize.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2011, 03:29:14 PM »
One problem I see magic's team having is that Ghaleon is hitting a weakness on Blanca with Rock and Roll which according to Dhyer's stat topic ups the damage by 25%. Since Lucia's oils don't affect herself the team is losing at least 2 people, 3 if you see a Nitro Dagger+Rock and Roll KOing both Blanca and Ricardo.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2011, 04:06:13 PM »
One problem I see magic's team having is that Ghaleon is hitting a weakness on Blanca with Rock and Roll which according to Dhyer's stat topic ups the damage by 25%. Since Lucia's oils don't affect herself the team is losing at least 2 people, 3 if you see a Nitro Dagger+Rock and Roll KOing both Blanca and Ricardo.

This would be a problem!...  If Rock N Roll was elemental.

From the Lunar SSSC topic:

Hell Wave + Rock N Roll: Rock N Roll, despite popular belief, is NOT elemental. I equipped that ring on Kyle which Halves ALL elemental Damage, and Mia's Aegis Robe does the same, and NO Halving Took place. The only advantage IN GAME it has over Hell Wave is it hits everyone, where Hell Wave hits 3 people on Average (like Worm Crush, its based off Position) This is his main non elemental Combo. Makes sense, based on how he attacks. This is his Non Elememtanl Combo, Syphon Soul + Physical is Miscellaneous, Inferno + Nitro Dagger is Elemental, and Tornado + Worm Crush just work well together (Gets your Team bunched up so Worm Crush hits them harder)

Nevermind that Rock N Roll can only be used with Hell Wave, unless you allow him to pick and choose what he does.  In-game, though?  He has very specific attack combos.  The most specific being INFERNO and NITRO DAGGER - the second being one that Ricardo is 25% WEAK to, the first being one that Ricardo is 25% STRONG to.

Yuri comes close to quadrupling a Ghaleon after their first turn anyway after Arc Gale if he uses Energy Charge->Physical.  It's that fast.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 04:19:35 PM by Magic Fanatic »

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2011, 04:44:34 PM »
Alright, Blanca lives for a turn, but I let Ghaleon pick and choose elemental spells so he doubles up on the Fire spell and kills Shania instead, he's still killing at least two people a turn which removes your buffs and I think that is too much to overcome especially since you are putting way too much stock in Yuri's speed.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2011, 04:55:16 PM »
Alright, Blanca lives for a turn, but I let Ghaleon pick and choose elemental spells so he doubles up on the Fire spell and kills Shania instead, he's still killing at least two people a turn which removes your buffs and I think that is too much to overcome especially since you are putting way too much stock in Yuri's speed.

Shania is Dark-elemental despite transformations, unless we're talking Tirawa.  Ghaleon has no Holy-elemental stuff.

Also the stat topic says it itself - Lucia has 66 AGI on base, and that's 96.5% average speed.  A single Gale gives her 90 AGI, which is 170% average speed in a CTB system.  Yuri's speed is quite a ways higher than Lucia's, especially while transformed.  99 AGI, compared to average (and the stat cap that people run into) is 210% average speed.  Energy Charge has a 150% recharge speed (meaning Yuri's next turn comes EVEN FASTER than normal).

This is, however, not taking Stock into consideration AT ALL.  If you do consider Stock to be carried over between battles on this floor, my team just beats up on Surt in the previous fight until Shania and Ricardo have 2 Stock, and kinda just murder that way - I can just have people double up on Resurrection and other buffs, or just go for straight damage and combos.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 04:58:43 PM by Magic Fanatic »

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2011, 04:55:40 PM »
Well it's worth also noting that if at any stage Magic gets some breathing space after the first round, if Lucia's revived and ever gets another turn she can also use the 50% Strike Effect to further increase the potency of the buffs and other skills of the others. Also I don't think Lucia dying removes the oils from everyone else though I would have to recheck for sure~
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2011, 05:07:40 PM »
Ricardo & Lucia don't matter after turn 1, MF can let them die if need be.  Blanca can heal while Yuri / Shania do the dirty work vs. MT, or Yuri can revive Blanca while Shania beats down if they switch to ST damage, so it's all about KOing those 3.

Re Rock & Roll: Well, earth isn't an element in L:SSSC.  I'd still call the attack earth-elemental, albeit piercing earth elemental that ignores resistance.  There's similar situations in some other games - Earth in FF7:CC, Holy in a few games that escape me ATM, etc.  If an attack is blatantly X elemental, yet X element doesn't exist in said game, I usually let it be X elemental in the DL.  So Rock & Roll hits earth weakness but ignores earth resistance.  That said...  only letting Ghaleon do one R&R, that ups the damage against Blanca from .9 PCHP to 1.0 PCHP vs. the subtractive defense version (which is probably what I lean toward).  However, MF claimed that the resulting SDef boost is slightly larger than 1.6 in chat, and I'm willing to let the percentage reduction SDef interp influnce me a bit, so that's still probably not fatal to Blanca on average.  Still a pass to me.

Came up in chat, but I definitely don't let Stock carry over after a Full Heal, which is really a "Full Reset".  (But allow it to carry over other normal battles.)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 05:09:59 PM by SnowFire »

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2011, 07:50:43 PM »
Abstain on OK for now, fail for Tal, abstain on magic till I look at the last fight, pass Snowfire. Snowfire has some issues on this floor (Namely Ramza/Crono are both putting nasty hits on the team) but the last fight can't do enough to slow him down.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2011, 09:30:25 PM »
I probably shouldn't complain since it's still a pass, but...  Ramza's scariest attack is Silence off Squire Heal ( + REGENING POIZN).  Feena is status-immune, so she kind of wins anyway.  Worst case scenario: Ramza + Alma steal a rocket booster and get super speed.  (Reminder: This isn't actually true, Alma with equip changing is only 110-115% speed, Red at least is definitely faster than that and Feena almost surely is faster too)  Ramza silences Red with Heal, Alma Deathspells Strago for some crippling status (I'm not going to think too hard about how Rippler works on this stage).  Feena Healer+s Alma, killing her.  Ricardo does whatever.  Celes casts Remedy on Ramza.  Game.  (If Celes was statused rather than Red, then Red's Esuna.  If Celes was statused rather than Strago, White Wind + Arc Cure.)  (Also, FFT status ailments don't stick around after fights, and even if they did, they wear off after awhile, so stalling with useless Zalbag fixes up all that damage even with a harsh interp.  Also Celes has Silence to cure Silence with, and Strago - if he wasn't statused - has Sour Mouth for a bunch of status healing as well.)

Crono has Life, no healing, and Magus just has ID to revive Crono with.  I have 3 ID-immune characters in Ricardo / Feena / Red.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2011, 10:20:25 PM »
Teams OK, Snowfire and Magic vs Dungeon (don't allow Shana to start with SP on early floors)
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Monkeyfinger

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2011, 05:33:18 AM »
Magic and Snow pass
Talbot fails
Abstain on OK (I don't even know how LoD characters fundamentally work and that seems to be the big hitch he's facing. I'm confident he can handle the other fights at any rate.)

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2011, 06:35:22 AM »
So Rock & Roll hits earth weakness but ignores earth resistance.

I'm not sure it matters here, but that strikes me as rather unfair. If you want to talk in-game, R&R will never hit weakness, nor will it hit resistance. If you want to add flavour (I do, personally) and note that the attack is "clearly" earth-elemental, then it should run into both earth weakness and earth resistance from other games (Lunar doesn't have either, so there's no way to prove it wouldn't do this!). To let it take advantage of one and not be hurt by the other feels quite asymmetrical to me... it should be both or neither IMO.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.