Author Topic: What Games ya Playin' 2012 - Suplex a Train Edition  (Read 230978 times)

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
Re: What Games ya Playin' 2012 - Suplex a Train Edition
« Reply #750 on: March 26, 2012, 09:37:17 AM »
2700-4700ish.  But even guarding with Asbel on Easy still wiped half his HP.  Or more, since Curry activated on someone and he got healed off it.

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: March 26, 2012, 09:48:32 AM »
Regardless what mode you are on, assume it does 20000 damage.
With all-divide and title reduction, the damage will be quartered. Which becomes 5000, and if you guard, that becomes 2500.
Your hp is more than enough.

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: March 26, 2012, 11:48:26 AM »
Probably.  Not like I could test that out now.

Xeroma

• SARDINES.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Vampire
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: March 26, 2012, 02:35:19 PM »
Just put a meal in your Eleth Mixer that revives you when someone dies. That's what I did.

<@SageAcrin> Where you realize that, when you think about everything that's said about this person...
<@SageAcrin> It adds up to one thing.
<+Ranmilia> MEGA MAN PLOT

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: March 26, 2012, 02:56:44 PM »
Dark Souls: How did I ever manage without the Rusted Iron Ring? Stray Demon down (after an embarassing number of attempts, kept getting greedy), Moonlight Butterfly Down (criticized by Ashley for killing an innocent butterfly, defended self with classic "I didn't shoot it with lasers first" defense), Spiderboobs down (Amazing chest ahead +1 rating, also, thanks Maneater Mildred), and Ceaseless Discharge down (apparently I did not beat him in the true gimmick way?)

Zweinhander remains amazing.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: March 26, 2012, 03:24:59 PM »
I think the game has some hidden multipliers for some stuff.  Like, the Rockagong does more damage than seems reasonable even given its stats, so I wonder if there's not something that adjusts damage based on level differences or flags for things like being giant or whatever.

More than likely, it's just a skill mult just like everything else.  Nothing special...

Also, damage is quadratic with offense stats I believe, so higher stats would do more damage than you'd think at first glance.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: March 26, 2012, 05:44:29 PM »
FF3 - Black Belts are pretty terrible. Hooray for a class that has Black Mage defense but that you can't put in the back because it makes them pointless. Doesn't help that FF3 God hates the BB. Current team is Fighter/BB/RM/BM. Well, that's now that I am not miniature anymore.

Monks improve a lot the instance their Unarmed physicals start doing actual damage, due to Nunchakus being god awful on accuracy.  This is pretty much exactly like FF1 really!

Masters are notably better out of the gate (irrelevant right now I know!), since while yes, their physicals > their weapons eventually, Claws don't embarrass themselves on damage, and actually quite competent weapons through and through.  Nothing saves Nunchakus; they're just there because "better than early unarmed Monk damage", and its a wonder why they keep upgrading them.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: March 26, 2012, 08:38:34 PM »
Dark Souls: How did I ever manage without the Rusted Iron Ring? Stray Demon down (after an embarassing number of attempts, kept getting greedy), Moonlight Butterfly Down (criticized by Ashley for killing an innocent butterfly, defended self with classic "I didn't shoot it with lasers first" defense), Spiderboobs down (Amazing chest ahead +1 rating, also, thanks Maneater Mildred), and Ceaseless Discharge down (apparently I did not beat him in the true gimmick way?)

Zweinhander remains amazing.

I feel vaguely lame for never beating Ceaseless Discharge legit. It's just so easy the gimmick way. The gimmick is: run back to fog wall as quickly as possible as soon as he goes hostile. Make it there fast enough and he'll leap across the arena to reach you. This will leave him hanging from the ledge by one appendage (for lack of a better word). Attack said appendage, boss falls to his death. Instant win.

Moonlight Butterfly is not the true "Okay I don't want to kill you anymore please stop attacking me" boss, for my money.

Knockdown weapons are indeed great.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: March 26, 2012, 09:05:57 PM »
My way was pretty cheesy as well. Just hide behind the boulder and get him to take swings at you. Takes a little care since he can clip you through the boulder, but you can hit him back too!

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: March 26, 2012, 10:55:12 PM »
I think the game has some hidden multipliers for some stuff.  Like, the Rockagong does more damage than seems reasonable even given its stats, so I wonder if there's not something that adjusts damage based on level differences or flags for things like being giant or whatever.

More than likely, it's just a skill mult just like everything else.  Nothing special...

Also, damage is quadratic with offense stats I believe, so higher stats would do more damage than you'd think at first glance.

It explains why I'm doing more damage to enemies in the cocoon with a weaker sword.

EDIT HELLO POST I DID NOT SEE EARLIER

I clocked something around 60 hours, so I may have just been playing mroe the past two days?  I dunno.

I'm at about 60 too.  I really should stop wasting time with sidequests and just burn to Future.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 10:57:36 PM by Fudozukushi »

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: March 26, 2012, 11:17:19 PM »
Brig:GE- Meteor doom sucks and I hate it. I am fooling with multiplayer and letting the AI slug it out to see what happens. This leads to hilariously high leveled knights if you wait long enough. In short, I had two L30 Necromancers and a L30 Monk attack me.

I had promoted monsters, including an L30 Lucifer and a Salamander. I lost. I lost bad.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: March 27, 2012, 11:46:29 AM »
Tales of Graces f: Where the f stands for future!  finally

Since I was so continuously disheartened by other people beating this ahead of me I just said screw it to side-quests and burned through to the normal ending--haha who am I kidding I still did sidequests and almost by straight luck found Asbel's level 3 Mystic Arte.  Actually it was nothing but luck.  And Excalibur ended up being weaker than his current sword go figure.  So actually getting into the stupid-as-all-hell final dungeon which is really long ans samey with time-consuming brainless puzzles.  Like every dungeon's puzzles.  As all of two of you know, because I have the Sword of Kings that means I went and fought all six of those jackasses.  Until I get told there's a seventh one or something.  Also missed whatever Discovery comes after the brokered but whatevs.

Final bosses are ummmm.  Well I'm still on Evil and the first one was a solid-enough fight.  I literally only lost against the second one because Asbel got hit by a stupid-unlucky petrify.  By then I was so fatigued from playing a video game that I just wimped out down to hard and smashed.

Ending was ummmmm a thing!

Anyway, started future up.  Didn't realize I had actually left things on Hard until my first fight with RICHARDDDDDDDDDDD back.  Then I bumped it up to Evil.  Also my 100% usage of Asbel is ruined(or would be if character usage was tracked) because there's a boss fight for the others.  Which means I control Hubert's ridiculously fun ass.  Clearly if I had friends to play this with I would sub as Hubert.

Anyway, comedy is actually much more prevalent now.  Sure, you got some in Adult-land but hot damn are these skits are fantastic.  Malik and Richard make a great trolling team.

Now if the game would just stop shoving AsbelXCheria down my throat in every cutscene it'd be just peachy.

Also I see now why you recommend Accel Mode Niu.  Hot damn is that nine sorts of broken.  So of course I die and lose half and hour of progress.  LOGIC!

And for added comedy my final level for adult was 69.  With a time of 69 hours.  Yay me!  I did it!  I'm the best!

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: March 27, 2012, 12:17:26 PM »
Congratulations.  I will celebrate with cake and party streamers.  Well done on your achievements.  They will be remembered forever.

TO PSP - So my Blowgun Ninja was becoming less fun and more dead weight, so I moved him to using Daggers.  Mostly because I read hinode talking mechanics and go ooookay, I need more dex based equips okthanks.  So now he does about an extra 60% damage or so.  Breaks defense on randoms now as well as just plot fights (where he was mostly running interference and sniping enemy mages).

This game is very silly.  I missed Ozma and I am not 100% certain why.  I think it is because I read some Talk files or something from what I gather.  Info online is also pretty vague.  Whatevs, not like I care.  I only used any special characters because I wanted a different sprite and the dude is used to recruit Ozma.  Now that I say that out loud maybe I should get someone better looking the Jeunan to be my dagger ninja.  Maybe Hobyrim.  Zatoiichi is a cool ninja dude riet?

This game is very very silly.  Randoms are stronger than plot fights.  Randoms have more equipment.  So randoms have more defense.  So randoms hit harder.  You can retreat randoms so that is all well and good.  It is just baffling.  I didn't like go and grind or anything.  Plot fights scale with your level as well (to a pretty extreme point).  I just don't understand what this game is doing.

That actually applies to a lot of things in TO.  It is kind of fun and stuff.  Most of the systems make some kind of logic in a vacuum with one or two strange oddities.  You put them all together and I have no clue what the fuck people were thinking.  It really boggles my mind.

The one complaint that confuses me though is special classes starting at level 1.  It is everything around that You throw one dude in there and they soak up exp like crazy and get up to speed relatively quickly.  That is fine.  That isn't the problem.  The problem is that it means you can't equip anything so they are pretty much a glass cannon (if even that).  so they are dead weight.  I get that.  Whatevs.  Ones I have done it with are usable in like 3 or 4 fights?  That isn't like Nino level babying here.  We have all babied characters in SRPGs way more than that needs.  What shits me is the impact it has with skills. 

Some characters recruit with like no damned skills at all.  Or toss all weapon levels.  Skills are pretty fucking rad.  Way harder to work up than class levels (Like I got Arycelle or whatever her face is.  I am using her.  She is in a class I use all the time, so she was fine for gear and stuff.  She is still significantly weaker than the rest of the party for that reason).  It is really weird.

Also the skill system is batshit insane.  At its core, it is okay I mean you get SP for taking part in fights.  You learn new skills!  Cool!  There is upgraded skill ranks for some skills.  Cool, you unlock them with levels.  Wait some rank up from use instead?  Okay I guess that makes sense.  Wait you get like 1.something experience per use of skills?  That is okay for weapon skills in theory.  But they level super fucking slow.  Like my bow guys that have been archers since the start of the game are Rank 4.  You learn the last Limit Break style skill at Rank 8 if my reading is accurate.  I am in the last chapter of the game.  I get that there is a lot of postgame shit in this game.  Just wow though man. 

Where it gets really batshit though?  Pretty much every skill other than weapon skills that level up the same.  Meditate is an okay example, you get MP at the cost of TP (limit break bar).  It starts off giving you SFA mana, but hey it slows your casters down a bit for some pretty precious mana.    That is cool, I don't mind my casters going last in all honesty, it lets you control the flow of battle pretty well.  It is off the deep end with things like Deflect and Parry though.  They seem to get exp at the same rate as weapon skills unless I am mistaken.  Unless they level up every time they have a chance to go off goddamn, they must take forever to level up.  Random chance to maybe get 1.something point of experience.  RNG chance got to go off 100 times to get a chance to go off.  Woooooooowwwwwwwwww.  Even if it levels every time you get attacked?  That is still reliant on you being attacked rather than something you are likely to do every turn like weapon skills do.  They are going to level insanely slow unless you do some crazy pointless grind for it.

That isn't even the part where they go completely off the deep end.  The skills you can learn to counteract those skills.  They also level up.  HOLYJESUSWHAT?  Do they only level if they go off against a target that actually succeeded a Parry or Deflect roll?  Just enemies that have the skill?  That ain't a lot of enemies in the main game at least.  Or do they level up with every attack you make?  I don't even know what to think if they do.  I guess that means if you levelled them you would shit all over enemies with Parry or Deflect?  But there isn't that many?  And you unlock the skills pretty late?

Skill system is just full of what is this i don't even.

Man Tactics Ogre is weird.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: March 27, 2012, 07:14:54 PM »
FF3 - After fighting the Big Rat, I was challenged by a Medusa, which did a total of 22 damage to me the entire battle. Medusas, unlike big rats, apparently don't have high level magic or deadly physicals or much of anything besides Petrify which didn't hit. <_<

Oh, and yes, Nunchucks are awful.
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: March 28, 2012, 12:43:21 AM »
Man Tactics Ogre is weird.

I got Arycelle or whatever her face is
Aloser.

I'm not going to play God Hand much more because I know I'm not a bad enough dude. Sorry. Hard mode kicked my ass.

Mother 3: During the ultimate chimera dungeon. The ultimate chimera is good, but not as good as the absolutely safe capsule.
Why do Mother characters all look stern from the front and happy from the side? I realize this has made me feel really uncomfortable, the first time I played Earthbound.

Mother 1: Yeaah Mother 1 made me want to try this again even if I absolutely hated it last time.
It's not as bad as I remember because I don't follow a walkthrough and just take my time instead of rushing through everything, but it still has NES insanity with a crazy random encouter rate and crazy dungeons that all look the same with no map. JUST LOOK AT THIS FACTORY: http://starmen.net/mother1/miscinfo/maps/duncanfactory.png

Every character has one weapon slot and three armor slots. The only stores in the game that sell armor are all next to each other, and sell every kind of armor in the game. You can afford all the gamebest armor at that point in the game, too. Not balanced.

The main character is asthmatic. This doesn't affect anything until you fight one of those crazy trucks that exhaust fumes and make the main character have an asthma attack. Hope you have some asthma spray (unlimited uses) in your inventory or you're dead. I approve of this.

Gatling Gears: Downloadable twinstick shooter. Decent co-op game. Stalin is the main character and Lenin is the villain.
http://taigame.org/game_screenshots/201109/gatling-gears-18.jpg
We started on hard and had to restart the tutorial three times. Then we bumped it down to normal and never died again.

Saints Row 2: Yattaf from the block.
I always try to play sandbox games rather peacefully, at least at first. But the first objective in Saints Row 2 is to kill the doctor that took care of you during your coma, because he has the key to the door you want to to open to escape. Then it gets worse. I have probably already slaughtered hundreds. It is literally impossible to be a nice guy in this game.
I've also finished a few activites and eradicated the barons of samedi.
These sandbox games are weird because they're trying to be kinda realistic in their ownway, but the main character is some 100% unkillable godlike machine. Granted, GTA4 is a lot worse about it for obvious reasons.
I'm controlling a woman wearing a sweet black and red costume and am wondering why there are pole dancers in every one of my houses.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 12:46:18 AM by Fenrir »

hinode

• Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • And ladies! And ladies who dress like men!
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: March 28, 2012, 01:07:44 AM »
TO PSP - So my Blowgun Ninja was becoming less fun and more dead weight, so I moved him to using Daggers.  Mostly because I read hinode talking mechanics and go ooookay, I need more dex based equips okthanks.  So now he does about an extra 60% damage or so.  Breaks defense on randoms now as well as just plot fights (where he was mostly running interference and sniping enemy mages).

If you haven't spent too much time building up his dagger level yet, you might want to switch him over to Katanas. Daggers are slightly better stat-wise, but Ninjas get a very limited selection of them. Noticably, there's nothing between Baldur and Damasc (which isn't storebought until you beat the game), so you have to craft Baldur Dagger +1s or get Damascs to drop from random enemies to give him something non-sucky. I'd rather just use Katanas and keep up with the shop upgrades, personally.

This game is very silly.  I missed Ozma and I am not 100% certain why.  I think it is because I read some Talk files or something from what I gather.  Info online is also pretty vague.  Whatevs, not like I care.  I only used any special characters because I wanted a different sprite and the dude is used to recruit Ozma.  Now that I say that out loud maybe I should get someone better looking the Jeunan to be my dagger ninja.  Maybe Hobyrim.  Zatoiichi is a cool ninja dude riet?

All the new PCs in the remake have ridiculously complex, time-sensitive recruitment reqs. In Ozma's case, the steps are
1) Read a Warren Report entry before the third plot battle (Mount Hedon, which is second if you go in unarmed at Brigantys)
2) Visit Krysaro in-between Hagia Banhamuba (fourth plot battle, the one where you save the old Priest from his daughter) and the Barnicia Castle sequence (where you fight Tartaros)
3) Deploy a decently-loyal Hobyrim (his starting value's enough, thankfully)
4) Pick the right dialogue option in-battle (this one is pretty obvious, at least)
5) Reduce Ozma's HP below 10% WITHOUT killing her and make the other boss flee to end the fight
6) Pick the right dialogue option post-battle (not totally obvious due to a questionable translation choice)

Oh, and for extra fun that optional fight in Krysaro has a minimum level of 21/22 for the enemies, which is probably way higher than your levels at that point. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if it's higher than your levels right now. On the upside, Ozma is vulnerable to status effects in that fight, so you can petrify her while you get rid of Volac and not have to deal with her dangerous finishers.

The one complaint that confuses me though is special classes starting at level 1.  It is everything around that You throw one dude in there and they soak up exp like crazy and get up to speed relatively quickly.  That is fine.  That isn't the problem.  The problem is that it means you can't equip anything so they are pretty much a glass cannon (if even that).  so they are dead weight.  I get that.  Whatevs.  Ones I have done it with are usable in like 3 or 4 fights?  That isn't like Nino level babying here.  We have all babied characters in SRPGs way more than that needs.  What shits me is the impact it has with skills. 

The problem for me is that sometime around level 5-7 or so they actually don't gain exp all that fast, at least if you're deploying a full team. I was able to get the uber-classes like Lord and Knight Commander caught up easily by soloing easy random battles, but Ranger was pretty painful because Vyce couldn't stay alive solo. Meanwhile I opted to raise Catiua as a Princess in preparation for the postgame, and it took literally every last optional battle in chapter 4 save for PotD* for her to get caught up in levels, and there are 40+ sidequest missions in C4. Thankfully a dedicated healer who does nothing but cast Heals and Boon of Swiftness while hiding in the back rows can actually get away with being massively underlevelled and not a major liability.

*Note that just in case the Palace of the Dead's 100+ floors of undead, stat-boosted palette swaps, and pain-in-the-ass terrain weren't tedious enough to begin with, the game decided to give you total crap experience for every floor except the 5-6 story battles.

Also the skill system is batshit insane.  At its core, it is okay I mean you get SP for taking part in fights.  You learn new skills!  Cool!  There is upgraded skill ranks for some skills.  Cool, you unlock them with levels.  Wait some rank up from use instead?  Okay I guess that makes sense.  Wait you get like 1.something experience per use of skills?  That is okay for weapon skills in theory.  But they level super fucking slow.  Like my bow guys that have been archers since the start of the game are Rank 4.  You learn the last Limit Break style skill at Rank 8 if my reading is accurate.  I am in the last chapter of the game.  I get that there is a lot of postgame shit in this game.  Just wow though man.

Personally, I maxed out Canopus' Crossbow levels while sidequesting in C4, just because range 5/6 move + ranged attacks gave him so much more opportunity to attack than anyone else. The Archers were around L6 when I beat the final boss I believe, and every melee attacker was under L4.

For most weapons it isn't that big a deal, as long as you have L2 at least for some sort of finisher. Crossbow is the big exception because the L6 finisher, Deathwail, is a three-hit attack that OHKOs basically everything save the final boss and trivializes assassination battles even further. There was one insanely annoying fortress fight with a Lich whose undead minions clogged all the movement lines and would get replaced by summons if you exorcised any of them, plus it was a fortress battle so archers have some trouble targetting stuff. I basically just had Canopus shoot the squishest enemies in his range until he got 100 SP and then sent him in to OHKO the boss while the entire rest of my team basically served as distraction for the 3-4 turns until Canopus got the job done.

Where it gets really batshit though?  Pretty much every skill other than weapon skills that level up the same.  Meditate is an okay example, you get MP at the cost of TP (limit break bar).  It starts off giving you SFA mana, but hey it slows your casters down a bit for some pretty precious mana.    That is cool, I don't mind my casters going last in all honesty, it lets you control the flow of battle pretty well.  It is off the deep end with things like Deflect and Parry though.  They seem to get exp at the same rate as weapon skills unless I am mistaken.  Unless they level up every time they have a chance to go off goddamn, they must take forever to level up.  Random chance to maybe get 1.something point of experience.  RNG chance got to go off 100 times to get a chance to go off.  Woooooooowwwwwwwwww.  Even if it levels every time you get attacked?  That is still reliant on you being attacked rather than something you are likely to do every turn like weapon skills do.  They are going to level insanely slow unless you do some crazy pointless grind for it.

That isn't even the part where they go completely off the deep end.  The skills you can learn to counteract those skills.  They also level up.  HOLYJESUSWHAT?  Do they only level if they go off against a target that actually succeeded a Parry or Deflect roll?  Just enemies that have the skill?  That ain't a lot of enemies in the main game at least.  Or do they level up with every attack you make?  I don't even know what to think if they do.  I guess that means if you levelled them you would shit all over enemies with Parry or Deflect?  But there isn't that many?  And you unlock the skills pretty late?

A lot of those skills just aren't meant to be levelled up to any meaningful extent. Parry/Deflect feel like they exist mainly for enemy bosses, who often get assigned L4 or so on them. Overpower, on the other hand, feels like it's there just to fill up space in the skill list, not for anyone to actually use.

One cute thing you can do though, if you don't care about a perfect fatality record in your Warren Report, is to recruit a random enemy with a levelled skill in his/her/its top 4 skill slots, then kill him off and salvage his skills onto a permanent PC. Some veteran players will actually salvage easy-to-recruit special PCs for skills like elemental Augments and Parry, then World back and rerecruit them.

Also, a quick note on Meditate: storebought Wizard's Hat and Magus Robe have +1 Meditate each, along with some pretty decent Int/Mind boosts. If you're willing to go through the tedium of crafting, the upgraded versions are +2 Meditate apiece, making them some of the best mage equips in the game, especially Wizard's Hat +1.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 01:13:54 AM by hinode »

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: March 28, 2012, 01:14:00 AM »
I'm not going to play God Hand much more because I know I'm not a bad enough dude. Sorry. Hard mode kicked my ass.

How far'd you get?  If you make it past the dancin' stage 1 midbosses, you're a bad dude.
Rocky: you do know what an A-bomb is, right?
Bullwinkle: A-bomb is what some people call our show!
Rocky: I don't think that's very funny...
Bullwinkle: Neither do they, apparently!

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: March 28, 2012, 03:36:04 AM »
If I remember correctly, in the fight recruiting Ozma, you have to make the other boss flee first before dropping Ozma's hp to 10%

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: March 28, 2012, 04:21:04 AM »
Yeah I just hit the point where I found out that the next two daggers can't be used by Ninjas.  That is pretty awesome.  I guess I can swap him over. Think I am nearly done with the plot fights anyway?    Not really planning to run around and do sidequests overly much.

2) Visit Krysaro in-between Hagia Banhamuba (fourth plot battle, the one where you save the old Priest from his daughter) and the Barnicia Castle sequence (where you fight Tartaros)
This was the flag I couldn't get to work.  I guess I read the Warren Report to late.  This is also very silly.

trivializes assassination battles even further
Just so many fucking lols.  I have Canopus rocking the Crossbow, but he didn't get much use in randoms for a while as I levelled Ninjas.  I don't seek out randoms, but if I run into them I don't bail either.

Did do the crafting grind and yeah, those hats are pretty boss.  Makes the skill worthwhile.

Also have to agree on the Parry type skills, they are probably there for filler.  Not that they need the filler.  I just got the statusproof skills on my menus and good gods there is so much clutter now I don't even know what to do.  They cost 10000 skill points to get.  What the fuck.  Also lol at status resist skills having levels as well.  Because you get so many chances to level them up.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: March 28, 2012, 05:18:34 PM »
Dark Souls: Successfully navigate past enemies, fall down elevator shaft, die.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: March 28, 2012, 07:50:22 PM »
FF13-2: Beat this last week, working on aftergame stuff, currently at 130 Fragments and there's still a Wild Artefact I gotta find for Oerba 300 AF's gate! ...thought I was done with that nonsense -_-

Kid Icarus Uprising:  Got this, its amusing, etc.  Not much else to say.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: March 28, 2012, 08:48:50 PM »
Dark Souls: Successfully navigate past enemies, fall down elevator shaft, die.

Sen's Fortress?

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: March 28, 2012, 09:47:21 PM »
Nah. Far more embarrassing. Backdoor exit from Blighttown, New Londo Ruins. Just wasn't paying attention.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: March 29, 2012, 12:51:42 AM »
This game is very very silly.  Randoms are stronger than plot fights.  Randoms have more equipment.  So randoms have more defense.  So randoms hit harder.  You can retreat randoms so that is all well and good.  It is just baffling.  I didn't like go and grind or anything.  Plot fights scale with your level as well (to a pretty extreme point).  I just don't understand what this game is doing.

I must have missed these randoms, since the ones I fought were far less impressive than plot fights at the same point of the game. It should be noted I only fought randoms quite late, if that's a factor at all. I remember exactly zero challenging non-story fights, though, and while TO storyline fight challenge varies, it tops out at quite tough.

Pretty much seconding Grefter about lulz directed at the idea of weapon ranks hitting level 8, personally. I'd have to check my file but I really don't think I had anyone above 4, maaaybe 5, at the end.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #774 on: March 29, 2012, 09:24:32 AM »
ToG- where the f stands for finished.

L&L final is kinda lame really.  The stat swapping is all well and good but she was pretty good without th eabsurd MA, thanks.  Very effective and tying you up and keeping you off her.
Core story is alright, you can tell they had this basic idea in the back of their heads but didn't quite know where to take it while doing the original release, and the fact that it's really a few filler dungeons plus an endgame crawl displays this readily.  THAT said, all the good skits were saved for here; Malik and RICHARD make a great duo.  I've seen people complain about the increased Asbel/Cheria content, but honestly it's just giving them the sort of urgency they lacked in the main quest to really push them to actually resolve their feelings.  The one that's odd is how shoved into the limelight Hubert/Pascal was.  It was a valid interpretation of some of Hubert's reactions but they really kicked it up beyond what's in character for the kid.  Fortunately, trolling tag team duo.

Anyway, it's definitely 8/10 material, I think I like it a little more than ToS2 but it's not really on the level of Abyss by any stretch.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.