Register

Author Topic: What Games ya Playin' 2012 - Suplex a Train Edition  (Read 234374 times)

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
Re: What Games ya Playin' 2012 - Suplex a Train Edition
« Reply #75 on: January 12, 2012, 03:33:57 AM »
Yo Lufia 2 DS, FFX called and it wants its boss back.
Rocky: you do know what an A-bomb is, right?
Bullwinkle: A-bomb is what some people call our show!
Rocky: I don't think that's very funny...
Bullwinkle: Neither do they, apparently!

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 12, 2012, 03:34:56 AM »
Yeah, I just finished the game... This was weird. "You can now stop time. Have fun with the final boss. He's fucked" Amon is almost a plot battle too, so pathetic.
This means that Gades is the true final boss!

I kinda liked what they did with Erim but I have no idea how you're supposed to dodge half the stuff thrown at you. Good thing everything does 1 damage yet again.

Edit: Yeah, Amon has turned into a Final Fantasy flan... Ok..
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 03:38:06 AM by Fenrir »

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 12, 2012, 04:41:44 AM »
The true final is Erim though, who appears on second cycle.
But she is actually stupidly easy. How to dodge her beams? You just need to fell on purpose.

Though, the stop time thing is kinda misleading when fighting Daos. If you go into the fight and use it out right, you'll be out of charge when Daos time freeze you back.

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 12, 2012, 09:20:50 AM »
LoE2's ISO is out.... oh god, I can't sleep now. And there is still an hour of download time left......

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 12, 2012, 09:49:00 AM »
Super Mario 3d Land - beaten as much as I care to

Which means up through the second run through the W8 final, with 4 shiny savestars.

As it turns out, they do in fact expect you to do that thing I said I wasn't going to do for a fifth savestar and a bonus level, which I do not consider anything near worth it.

Nothing really to say about the few stages between when I reported in previously and now. I was concerned at the time that the way things had been heading could have made me irate enough with the game to slander the majority of it if I waited, but that didn't end up happening.

Dr. Lautrec And The Forbidden Knights - Currently stalled at the start of chapter 3

Interesting mishmash of styles in theory. It's not that good at pulling it off though.

I don't remember anyone talking about it before so let's start off with an overview of a typical quest.

First, you get a map to a hidden treasure with a brainteaser regarding where in the catacombs the labyrinth the treasure is in is. I've never figured any of them out myself but fortunately you don't need to, because Sophie and Lautrec will discuss it and come up with candidate places to go, so you go to those and talk to people and then they come up with other candidate places until they end up figuring out the actual location.

So you go to that location and play find-the-fleur-de-lis-which-marks-the-entrance. The first time this was on the ground and they had scenes of them opening it up and so on. But later on when they aren't showing this they seem to have no compunctions about putting them on the rooves of buildings and so on.

So you go into the catacombs and play stealth sections combined with block-pushing sections. Occassionally you will come across sealed entrances which require you to solve a puzzle. These aren't whimsical Laytonesque puzzles. These are find-the-difference puzzles, and sequence puzzles, and so-far-laughably-simple 'crossword' puzzles, and so on. There tends to be three per standard labyrinth so far.

Behind two of these sealed sections, you will find Treasure Animatus pedestals, one of which is the object of the quest. So you fight the Treasure Animatus by putting your own Treasure Animatus and crystals you've picked up throughout the labyrinth on plinths around the one you are fighting, and eventually tame it or kill it. Taming it lets you use it for the rest of the labyrinth, although it starts off with the same health it had left. Killing it - I'm not sure what that does as I haven't done it to any actual treasures, but I assume you still get it and just can't use it (unless you brought along a resurrection item).

I did not yet mention that you only get to take three treasures into a labyrinth. Yet there's no problem with carrying around and using treasures you get mid-labyrinth. You also only get to take three items in, although considering the battle style I'm not sure this is that much of a problem. I haven't actually taken any items in so far.

When you get the treasure which is the object of the quest, first all the treasure you have on hand get experience according to the crystals you've picked up throughout the labyrinth which you didn't get killed off (I think dead treasure still gets EXP, but a reduced amount), then you leave the labyrinth regardless of whether you're done there or not and then they give you a 'poor' grade for missing a single puzzle. Then when you go back later to do that puzzle, you get another 'poor' grade for only completing one puzzle (others are left completed, you can't re-do them - meanwhile leaving a labyrinth through the entrance rather than finishing it resets them all. Go figure).

Character sprites are nice. Sophie's eyes are horrifying. Gustav is great.

Inspector Godot with the magic police force is being made out to be a dick so far, but I'm assuming it's going to turn out that he has actual reasons for discouraging people from finding treasures revealed later.

Anyway I believe I said something about being stalled currently.

So, I've recently gotten to chapter 3. Chapter 1 was essentially a tutorial. Chapter 2 was quests 1-5 and a storyline quest (which has been given the number 21 after the fact, which may say something about the length of the game...). So far everything had been just ducky, aside from the chapter 2 boss which had over twice the attack power of most of the other treasures in Chapter 2 and was able to one-hit most of the treasure I had along. But the weight of numbers was enough even if some things ended up dying.

But now we get to the regular bosses in Chapter 3, and they're all more durable than the main boss of chapter 2. They all have more HP and more defense, and this is a subtractive defense system as far as I can see. The worst of them from these regards has 30 more HP and 15 more defence, but it also has even more attack power than the boss. I tried my hand against one which had 25 more HP and 40 more defence than the chapter 2 final, but 60 less attack, and I couldn't even get it down to the taming zone - meanwhile the chapter 2 final couldn't be tamed and had to be killed off, so you had to go right through the taming zone on it.

Meanwhile, crystals you get in the one I tried, quest 6, were all level 8. My highest levelled treasure is currently level 5, and that's after several hours of grinding (noting that I was grinding all my treasures up, of which I have 18, not concentrating on a single one, keeping in mind you can only take three at a time into a labyrinth). You can redo the quest 1-5 labyrinths for experience, and if you get all the crystals, you get 100 EXP from each run. Meanwhile, EXP requirements for each next level are 100x current level. So if they really expect me to be level 8 at this point, and I want to get my level 5 treasure there, and it currently has 160 exp to level, I'm going to need 1460 EXP for this one treasure, or 15 more runs - assuming I was running for all crystals, except I actually have recently started ignoring the secondary ghost treasure to save time, so I don't get a crystal for that and I get 90 EXP per run instead and it will actually take 17 runs (probably still takes less time all up). Keeping in mind that I finished Chapter 2 in only 7 runs, and could have done it in 6 if I had known to save the quest treasure for last.
You do get more crystals and consequently more exp for redoing the final quest of chapter 2, but then you need to fight a ghost of the chapter 2 boss and you end up with half your treasures dead and waste the EXP, plus it is a considerably longer dungeon. Not worth it.

I'm not really sure what the game is expecting of me here.

It's not like levels even really increase your treasures's stats that much.

I'm going to try bringing in a group tailor-made for attacking one of the bosses rather than running by lowest-level, and see if that can help out, but I'm not going to enjoy it.

[EDIT]
Success against the one I had tried previously. Now at the very least I have it and the secondary treasure from that labyrinth to use against others from this chapter. They turned out to be levels 12 and 14. What.
Is there some source of ludicrous EXP that I've missed?

On that topic, that quest gave off 300 EXP, but it's vastly less feasible to grind against than the chapter 2 final, so that isn't much help.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 11:03:11 AM by Twilkitri »

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #80 on: January 12, 2012, 03:52:19 PM »
Woo-hoo, iPhone games~

Steam isn't portable enough, so now I play iPhone games.

Starting with Square Enix's offerings because at least more than 3 people have rated those.

Sliding Hero: You know those old handheld puzzles where you had to shake or slide marble/beads into little slots to "win"? This is an RPG-themed one of those. It's freakin' adorable. Controls are really difficult at higher levels, though, so I didn't play long. Fun, on-the-go concept using FF job-classes.

Crystal Defenders: FFTA2 Tower Defense game! No plot! Why are we defending these Crystals? WHO KNOWS! Defend them! Yeah, my penchant for both FFTA2 and Tower Defense games means that this is pretty much Djinn-bait.

Song Summoner ENCORE: Apparently an updated version of Song Summoner for iPod? Never played the original, but the iPhone Free version is really something special. It's a basic SRPG, but the twist on the generics is that they are generated by the music found on your iDevice. Simply put - you select a song, and the game generates a Hero based on the properties of the song. Presumably faster songs produce faster melee characters, and slower songs produce mage-types. Also, apparently the song titles affect things as well. I'm not entire sure how it all works, but it's a lot of fun plugging in various songs from your library and seeing what kind of weird Job/Skill/Rank/Level/Statbuilds pop out. Additionally, if you use your favorite songs, then everytime you exit and return to the game, it counts the number of times a PC's track has been played on your iPod/Phone/Pad and gives them bonuses of various types. Pretty interesting.

The story's also fairly fun so far, like an odd mix of The Matrix meets Pokemon and Ar Tonelico. The battles are standard SRPG fare, but have lots of various bonuses for good positioning and party selection. The translation is... Quirky, but is easy to read, and reminds me a bit of how Steam games like Recettear and Rusty Hearts have been playing loosely with their translations. Fun, though probably not very accurate. Art and spritework are top-notch anime-style with some western flair for some of the character designs. It has a bit of gritty realism in its proportions/tone, but the actual designs are very over-the-top.

Really enjoying Song Summoner, so I haven't gotten to Chaos Rings yet, which has the best reviews of the original iPhone games that Square Enix has released so far. I'm also probably gonna pick up SoM iPhone too, since I hear they revamped the translation there. (And I'm quite curious how it controls on an iPhone)

Has anyone else tried out any good iPhone J/S/RPGs lately?

EDIT: Reading through Elfboy's 2011 list, it got me curious which games I'd actually beaten last year, so I hit up my Backloggery (seriously, how did I keep track of anything before that site?) to make a quick list.

Legaia 2
NIER
Drakengard
Radiant Historia
Ar Tonelico
Disgaea 3
Rhapsody DS
Nanashi no Game
Persona 3 FES
Crisis Core
Valkyria Chronicles
Ogre Battle
Final Fantasy Adventure (SD1)
Bahamut Lagoon (not beaten)
Disgaea 1 PSP Etna Mode
Disgaea 2 PSP Axel Mode
Disgaea 4
Phantom Brave Wii Another Marona Mode
Unlosing Ranger vs. Darkdeath Evilman (not beaten)
GrimGrimoire
Wild Arms Atler Code F
Legend of Mana
Saiyuki: Journey West (not beaten)
FFTA2
Odin Sphere
Recettear (not beaten)
Sequence (not beaten)
Cthulhu Saves the World (not beaten)
Enchanted Arms (not beaten)

...wow, 30 games, though not all completed. Best of the year? NIER, hands down. The Nippon-Ichi games are up there, too. Legend of Mana was possibly the most unusual game I played all year, though.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 04:12:06 PM by DjinnAndTonic »

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 12, 2012, 09:40:04 PM »
Skyrim: Winterhold College really must be cursed. I've been attacked by dragons four times while visiting that place.

Anyway, sidequest grind is manifestly an exercise in quantity over quality and it has begun to wear at me seeing the same dungeon tilesets over and over again (cave! castle! ice cave! ancient ruin! ancient dwarven ruin! ...I think that's it). And I can stunlock dragons to death so it's not like I need to power level or anything. So pretty sure I'm just going to barrel through the plot next time I pick this up. Because this:

Being able to mention that ring and what it does in an intimidation attempt sounds like more role-playing than in all of Skyrim's actual game put together.

...is so very, very true.

You know what bugs me? Having quest updates pop up in the center of the screen every time something gets started/furthered/finished. Not because of any aspect of visual design, but more because of how having all the objectives available in an itemized list makes me behave. Everything becomes just a box to be checked off; it is kind of a bother to feel so hand-held through quests and everything feels like an assembly-line process. Of course, it's not like this is the only game that organizes quests for you like that, so I might just be worn down from the lack of distinctive personalities in the game (after Fallout 3 and this, I am thoroughly unimpressed with Bethesda's writing staff). But really, the game's just begun to feel like a big to-do list. Doesn't help that every quest follows a single path. Like, the thieves' guild? They sound like a bunch of twits and I'm personally inclined to just wipe them out. But no one's going to give me a quest to do that, apparently. And if you do decide to do that...well, no achievements for you! Alternate win conditions what are those. So yeah. It's a nice-looking game, but I've seen about enough of it.

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Modern Drunkard Magazine
« Reply #82 on: January 12, 2012, 11:39:09 PM »
In a perfect world we would say "Fallout 3 is a way better game than Fallout: Capital Wasteland."

Captain K.

• Do you even...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...lift books bro?
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 13, 2012, 08:39:18 AM »
Dark Souls:  beaten.  Killed Gwyn on the first try surprisingly.  Sunbro and I got him in the JOLLY COOPERATION SANDWICH ATTACK and I could heal myself when he turned to hit Sunbro.  He did grab me once but I survived (barely) since I was wearing the Flame Stoneplate ring.  After that I immolated myself and the game was over.  Finished at soul level 85, although you might as well say it was 65 since the last 20 levels were just dumping more points into Faith so I could get to 50 for new game+.

New game+ time!  Enemies are still being 1-hit by me for the most part, although you definitely have to respect their damage.  Had my first legitimate invasion.  I was walking around Undead Parish in human form, trying to remember how to do the jumps to get the out-of-the-way items.  I start having a sneezing fit and when I recover I see a red phantom run up and take a swing at me.  Sadly he's just a lamer preying on noobies and isn't remotely prepared to deal with a guy in full Silver Knight armor +5 with a Fire Lucerne+10.  It's kind of cute how his attacks just bounce off my lightning defense.

After getting past the still-ridiculous dragon (600+ damage with Flash Sweat, 300+ fire defense, flame stoneplate ring, AND black knight shield), I finally get the Sunlight Spear miracle.  Definitely not worth the two slots with only five casts.  It's like 100 more damage than Great Lightning Spear.  Wouldn't even bother with it if the game would let you have more casts of Lightning/Great Lightning Spear.  Ah well, I'll use it anyway.  It 3HKOs the first Gargoyle and 2HKOs the second though!

Trying to decide what to do with my build now.  I'd like to jack my Strength up to 50 to use Grant, but that would take a lot of levels and I'd like to stick to the SL120 PVP build.  Then again, Faith builds are pretty lousy for PVP anyway.  I could bump my Int up to 15 and use Tin Darkmoon Catalyst to destroy things sorcerer style.  But then I'd probably want more attunement slots...

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 13, 2012, 11:02:25 AM »
Faith builds can be pretty good for PvP, but 50 faith sounds like total overkill. At least it will help with Wrath of the Gods' damage.
- Wrath of the gods is your main damage dealer, sometimes people will go through NG +++++++++++ to have one millions castings.
- Go fight on ledges and use Force. Fun.
- Great Magic Barrier and Vow of Silence destroy mages (but they're rare)
- You can hide and cast Tranquil Walk of Peace just riiight before the invader / victim goes next to you then Wrath of the Gods spam his face.
- Healing can be useful against stallers.

You can pretty much forget about the other attack spells (even the gravelord spells, sadly), but I feel faith builds are better than magic builds for PvP (and worse for the main game)

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 13, 2012, 05:34:27 PM »
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn - Start of Part 4. Finally, we're out of the suck run of 3-7/3-8/3-10. Time for a marathon of some of my favorite Fire Emblem maps. =) And then there's Rebirth IV (the one with Sephy), but whatever, can't win them all.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 05:37:16 PM by Ciato »
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 14, 2012, 05:15:28 AM »
inFamous 2: Festival of Blood DLC- Fun as hell. First Vampires are sons of bitches. The final boss was one of the best I've ever played. Chase sequence where every pedestrian she passes turns into a thrall trying to kill you, so you're literally running from dozens of (admittedly weak) things while chasing her. Teleport makes it pretty easy though if you've maxed out your blood meter. Subsequent battle was also pretty good, leading into CHEESY 80'S COMEDY/HORROR TWEEEST ENDING FUCK YEAH.

Good times.

Heavy Rain: Really fun game. While the system is mockingly simple, it can be pretty engrossing with how it's implemented. It just needs to choke on a bag of dicks sometimes. Dear god does it have some frustrating points. Just finished the Butterfly clue (success!) and played Nurse with Madison.

Enchanted Arms: I can see where the money went for the lack of character models now, at least. Cutscenes are pretty nice. All I can say though is fucking waaaaay to go Atsuma. They should rename the trope after you for the scale of this.

Xeroma

• SARDINES.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Vampire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 14, 2012, 07:58:06 AM »
Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Masoukishin II Revelation of Evil God:

Wow that's a long title. So uh yeah just cleared stage 28 in this so far. Really enjoying it, Masoukishin was always kind of a neat game with spotty execution and this is a very stark improvement, while still very much resembling the first game. Bigger battles, less terribly balanced mechs[Cybuster notwithstanding], better map variety, much better visuals, even better music, etc;. Going into heavier details would entail spoilers though, so I'm trying not to say too much.

<@SageAcrin> Where you realize that, when you think about everything that's said about this person...
<@SageAcrin> It adds up to one thing.
<+Ranmilia> MEGA MAN PLOT

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 14, 2012, 09:06:03 AM »
Arkham Asylum - Still going through this. However, the later part of the game is less interesting, as the random encouters with roving bands of thugs seem to have been replaced with plant turrets, and before that with crazy berserkers, which sounds great if they had a strategy besides really obvious charge leading to easy counter/KO combo.

That said, the extra tools are fun. Especially now that the zip line is in play. Also, the plot battles with goons are still great. Currently detoured by the Joker's plot while En Route to visiting Ivy.

Civ 4 - But, distracted for a moment. Randomly came across a cheap copy of Beyond the Sword, and am enjoying the great deal of extra content that multiple expansion packs in one shot seem to add. I mean, the Holy Roman Empire? Byzantines? It may be old, but I'm quite satisfied.

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Modern Drunkard Magazine
« Reply #89 on: January 14, 2012, 09:34:27 AM »
Civ 4 - But, distracted for a moment. Randomly came across a cheap copy of Beyond the Sword, and am enjoying the great deal of extra content that multiple expansion packs in one shot seem to add. I mean, the Holy Roman Empire? Byzantines? It may be old, but I'm quite satisfied.

Once you finish with the base game, check out some of the fan-mods on there.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 14, 2012, 12:11:00 PM »
Orcs must die: Working through nightmare mode. Lunch break looks as unpleasant here as it was in normal mode.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 14, 2012, 12:54:21 PM »
Masoukishin II Revelation of Evil God:

Senia further descends into the path of mad scientist and robo otaku. I don't remember her being that far in to the deep end in the past......
Mio and her Okihabata like shop, with Langran citizen actually buying its stuff.... things are really heading off in the weirdest direction.
Wait what? Valkruss cultists like to play Majong? And wha ha? She is Spahine's sister of all people? Goodness, the insanity must be a family thing.

And it turns out that Rasphitot is SMT YHWH. Two out of the three gods of Lagias are completely fucked up. I guess Gragios is certain to be an evil incarnated too.

Shale

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 14, 2012, 01:57:00 PM »
Orcs Must Die: Finished normal, started on the DLC levels and Nightmare. Got through Corner in nightmare, still working on Double Trouble (the first DLC).

New Vegas: Started this, got up to the first real quest. My already-crappy rifle is falling apart from shooting lizards and insects, so I figure I'll repair it like the game prompted me to....except apparently I can't. And the game won't tell me why, it just beeps at me. Lovely.
"Sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology."
-Ponder Stibbons

[23:02] <Veryslightlymad> CK dreams about me starring in porno?
[23:02] <CmdrKing> Pretty sure.

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 14, 2012, 06:48:39 PM »
Do you have any other copies of that rifle? The Bethesda Fallout games need you to have other copies of that same gun in order to do any repairs, because you only fix things by turning two crappy guns into one less crappy gun. Either that, or find someone who does repairs and get gouged.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 14, 2012, 07:21:30 PM »
Blood Bowl: Improving.

Mass Effect: Dicking around with sidequests after getting Liara. Should resume main plot shortly.

I should resume playing Dark Souls at some point too.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 14, 2012, 07:45:25 PM »
Do you have any other copies of that rifle? The Bethesda Fallout games need you to have other copies of that same gun in order to do any repairs, because you only fix things by turning two crappy guns into one less crappy gun. Either that, or find someone who does repairs and get gouged.

This. I highly encourage building up Repair at least enough to take the jury-rigging perk (makes it so you don't need an exact identical item to do repairs, just something similar) and build your own repair kits. Better to do repairs in the field when necessary with whatever crap enemies leave lying around than to go back to town and pay someone else to do it, I think. Although, if the item's condition actually hits zero, I think you don't have any choice but to take it to a vendor to get fixed.

That said, the varmint rifle is really bad and almost anything you can pick off a bandit's corpse will be an improvement.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 14, 2012, 08:11:57 PM »
Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn - Well, that was bloody. Naesala, Leanne, and Kieran died. But no being a wuss! :)

When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 14, 2012, 08:38:58 PM »
Saga Frontier- This game appears to have no direction. I've been playing it a couple of hours or so and all I've done is training and fighting enemies on the cliff with Asellus and White Rose. Is it worth sacrificing LP to buy the weapon for Asellus from the merchant in town?~
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Shale

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 15, 2012, 12:11:05 AM »
Turns out I wasn't seeing the "X skill level required" message for safecracking and computer hackery because the "Press V to enter VATS" tip overrides them. Anyway, that's sorted out nicely. I'm now in the Novac area, after putting down the prison rebellion. Shooting ghouls in the rocket factory, and trying to figure out how to placate the crazy Nightkin in the basement.
"Sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology."
-Ponder Stibbons

[23:02] <Veryslightlymad> CK dreams about me starring in porno?
[23:02] <CmdrKing> Pretty sure.

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 15, 2012, 01:20:07 AM »
Saga Frontier- This game appears to have no direction. I've been playing it a couple of hours or so and all I've done is training and fighting enemies on the cliff with Asellus and White Rose. Is it worth sacrificing LP to buy the weapon for Asellus from the merchant in town?~

Buy Asura and Sand Vessel, those two are good. Then ignore the rest.
After you are done with the plot in the castle, you can leave the region by talking to the pilot in the pub.