Author Topic: What Games ya Playin' 2012 - Suplex a Train Edition  (Read 234228 times)

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
Re: What Games ya Playin' 2012 - Suplex a Train Edition
« Reply #600 on: March 11, 2012, 07:45:16 PM »
Messing around with co-op in Dark Souls last night, because I don't feel like starting something new and it's a decent timewaster before bed. Hanging around in Kiln of the First Flame, get summoned by a dude who's clearly just sitting there to kill invaders. Kind of bad form to go into PVP with multiple allies, but whatever. I have a bunch of black knight gear in inventory that I was about to toss before getting summoned, so I do it in phantom mode while we're waiting for an invader to show up. Host sees this, starts doing the same thing. Soon there's like thirty items sitting on the ground. I start to wonder if all this is going to provoke vagrants in other worlds. Kill a couple invaders, host eventually gets fragged. I check messages next time I visit the area: multiple "Be wary of bug/strange creature" messages, repeatedly uprated. Christmas in the Kiln, vagrants for everybody! Totally worth the time to introduce unsuspecting players to an obscure gameplay mechanic.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: March 11, 2012, 08:52:52 PM »
ME3: Goddamn you are fast, Rob.

Just finished off Suk'resh and am dallying about on more sidequests. Sad Michael Beattie didn't reprise Mordin, although Meer does a passable impression.

Grabbed the DLC squadmate. Still not sure how I feel about him as DLC, but it certainly doesn't seem as offensive as people thought it was? Will see.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 08:54:30 PM by AndrewRogue »

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Modern Drunkard Magazine
« Reply #602 on: March 11, 2012, 09:21:38 PM »
I feel like he was cut for disc space more than anything. There's some places that space limitations really show. The 360 is really pushed about as far as it'll go on this one.

And, you know, money, but I think they had to cut one squad member, and it was either Javik or Vega.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: March 11, 2012, 09:57:05 PM »
My only issue was that he didn't come free with new copies like Shake or the extra shop in Dragon Age 2.  Given that his existence twist the plot a bit and certainly has an impact on other team members (Liara especially).

ME3 - Not sure how far through I am, but it feels like I am a decent way through. Might be much shorter than other games in the series?  Or just feel that way maybe. 

Done some multiplayer.  It isn't a bad little swarm mode.  Having 3/4of the party organized offline helps as does playing with a guild mate in ventriloo.  Getu enemies got a buff it seems from that.  I miss one shotting pyros by hitting their fuel tanks.  Rocet dudes ruin your shit if the catch you off guard and heavens help you if they catch you in a crossfire.  Reapers are just fucked.  Shit all over Geth for difficulty (who are harder than Cerberus).  Enemies that have good synergy, unusual hit boxes and three kinds of threatening unit are just monstrous.  I really look forward to playing more.  Engineer is great fun to play in it I find.  Combat Drone is nice to either use as a decoy that gets decent free damage or you can just fire and forget somewhere if your allies have a specific area fairly covered. It will serve to split up the enemy forces and a t as delaying tactic if you leave it off somewhere by itself.  Max rank lets you have it have AoE, close range stun on weak enemies and the ability to shoot Incinerates at long range.  So it is useful in all situations.  It can even tie up a Banshee for a while if you get lucky.  Handles probably the moth threatening thing on the field while giving you time to pick it off from safety.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: March 12, 2012, 12:14:38 AM »
I'm all about the MP mode. I was apprehensive at first but I am really digging it.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: March 12, 2012, 02:49:17 AM »
SF's FE10 plot corner:

Just finished up Chapter 4 Prologue.  I gotta say that wow, Ike & Mist sure are blase about working with the force that directly caused the death of their mother AND caused their father to cripple himself and probably live with horrible gut-wrenching guilt.  I mean, sure, no choice and all, but I wish the game at least had them react some way to this little fact.

Yune / Ashera plot is potentially cool so far, but I fear wimping out.  Basically, I hope they give Yune teeth, and not just have her be the vaguely ditzy 'good' goddess who loves the flesh bags.  When Yune was explaining their portfolios, she left out "war and violence" vs. "peace."  I hope they bring that out more outright; Ashera unrealistically wanted peaceful people working in harmony with the whole 780 year old promise, while a chaotic force likes humans...  partially because they're passionate and fight and kill each other.  Which would be a little uncomfortable to be working with.  Maybe also play up "justice" vs. "(irrational) forgiveness", order doesn't forget a slight, chaos can drop it all and live & let live, and right now humanity really, really doesn't want a justice that would end them all.  Not sure how much actual Yune will end up having the qualities I'm hoping for, but we'll see.  (Well.  The violence one sure seems indicated by FE9, so I sure hope they are at least consistent and remember that.)  That said, to be clear, definitely some stuff to like.  I especially like the bit about how Ashera hates Yune, but Yune likes Ashera, so she'll talk to Mist who has the Spirit of Order in her and all.

Also, vaguely curious to see WTF is up with Micaiah plot and what other amazing powers they'll give her.  It sounds like Yune was cheating a bit, though...  she was asleep and locked in the medallion, but also in a bird and able to give Micaiah super-good intel?  While Ashera's little wake-up convo made it seem like she was totally out of it.

Been said in chat already, but Chapter 3 plot is still lame.  This is what happens when you refuse to make characters villains and/or just wrong, and want to have a bunch of sympathetic characters fight it out for some reason, vaguely like comic books trying to concoct an excuse for Batman and Superman to fight.  People just fight....  because.  They can't even keep their reasons straight and/or consistent.  In the back half of Chapter 3, we are told that Daien is still working with the Senate faction, we can't have that, let's go invade through Daien.  But then...  we're trying to have peace with Daien and don't want to fight them after all?  As we are *marching through their forking lands*?!  What?  Didn't you pay attention to 2-P?  If they didn't have an excuse before, they have one now.  I'd have been fine with "Okay, Daien is working with Begnigon's Senate for some incomprehensible reason, we can't risk them invading Crimea or something while the Knights are out, we need to go conquer them and smack some sense into their government first, then hit Begnigon."  And *stand* by that where the characters aren't angsting about fighting Daien because that's the whole damn point.  It's still slightly bizarre, better to go fight the civil war first, but at least it's there.  OR just travel into Begnigon on the same route their army used to get to Crimea, and then have the Daien army come back on Begnigon land again to aid the Senate forces, like 3-6 again.  Then you can try and evade them and go all "get out of the way, you're not our target, we don't want to fight you."  Either one works; but doing the combination of these two doesn't make sense!

The War of Laguz Aggression is a similar mess, mostly because the objectives of it are never really clear, aside from maybe "teach Begnigon a lesson about people who mess with our diplomats."   (Protip: Considering the murder of a diplomat a full-on act of war is something that only, say, the British Empire in the 1800s can get away with.)  The only reasonable goal would seem to be to depose the Senate and get regime change...  but the only thing that'd do that would be complete conquest, so Soren's comments about offering peace halfway through didn't make tons of sense.  Of course they were rejected for irrelevant reasons, too, but I can't begin to imagine what kind of a peace treaty would make either side happy.  It's not like the Senate would agree to being arrested...  so yeah, if you didn't think you could taken on the Central Army in a straight-up fight, this war was even stupider than it seemed at the start.  Which was pretty damn stupid, since you knew about the dark god in the medallion.

The Blood Pact is plot hammer BS as usual.  I've got nothing against grand, impressive magic that works in strange ways, especially if voluntary in some sense, as there's a long tradition that voluntary magic dramatically increases in power.  But killing everyone in the kingdom whenever the contractor wants, and 'voluntary' meaning 'in the fine print of a magic treaty'?  This is ridiculously over the top and implies Lekain has deific magic powers.  It's not even clear if it has to be the king who signs it, or what "being king" even means.  (Would it have worked on Pelleas while he was still a rebel in the countryside?  If not, couldn't he just abdicate?  If so, and it was bloodline based or something, what happens when the order of succession changes?  e.g. a brother taking the throne in preference to a son not of age.)  If the game had wanted to man up AND make more sense, just freaking make Pelleas a villain.  Plenty of rebels in the countryside prove terrible kings once on the throne.  Alternatively, for a slightly more sympathetic villain, use the Harry Potter-esque unbreakable pact, which is a less godlike display of power but still shockingly immediate.  If Pelleas breaks the pact then *he* will die, and he's a coward, so he chooses the death of his countrymen & soldiers rather than his own death, and goes along with Lekain.  The one thing I can give credit to is that Almedha comes off as a decent villain, not really caring too much about Ashnard's pile of bodies he stepped through on his way to the throne.  Although that sounded a bit wacky too, since this flashback 'wise man' was apparently a genocidal wise man who just wanted to blow up tons of Daien citizens or something.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 03:00:08 AM by SnowFire »

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: March 12, 2012, 03:14:57 AM »
ME3: Finished the Krogan plotline. All I can say is: =(

Called back the the Citadel and dealt with that plot event. Hurrah for people listening to Shepard.

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: March 12, 2012, 03:20:57 AM »
ME3: Finished the Krogan plotline. All I can say is: =(

Called back the the Citadel and dealt with that plot event. Hurrah for people listening to Shepard.

The version where you side with the Salarians, with both Wrex and Ashley dead? Yikes. Mordin lays an ICE BURN on you.

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #608 on: March 12, 2012, 03:30:35 AM »
Addressing by paragraph.  Some isn't REALLY spoilers, but what the heck.

1. That is kinda odd.  Ah well, happens.

2. It's more of an emotion vs reason thing than strictly chaos vs order.  Otherwise, I'll let the game speak for itself.

3. The game is unclear on this point, but if you poke around outside materials it makes more sense; FE10 takes FE9's hard mode as canon, and assumes Ashnard did draw on the Medallion's power during his last stand.  Based on the timing of when Yune shows up in the backstory, we can infer that she was released at this time, at least enough to assume her bird form.
Micaiah's powers aren't truly explained until later.

4. The idea was that they couldn't afford to have Daein attack their rear, so they marched on Neverra in the hopes of getting them to back down, whether by diplomacy or by breaking their morale.  It worked about as well as can be expected.

5. Bengion had promised Gallia a lot of reform after the last war, including ending Laguz slavery, strengthened diplomatic ties, and formally ceeding Serenes Forest back to the Herons.  When none of this happened, they sent diplomats, as Sanaki had been highly sympathetic and active before.  When said diplomat died, they assumed she had either betrayed them or lost power, and in either case marching against the senate was the only means to secure those demands.

6. the precise terms of blood pacts seem to be variable.  The most logical conclusion is that the version Ashnard used targeted his family (and by extention the royal line, though no small number of commoners apparently), while the one Pelleas signed was the entire country.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: March 12, 2012, 03:45:38 AM »
Rob: Nah. Ashley dead. Wrex alive. Sided with the Krogans. Conclusion was just very *sadface*.

Glad to see I'm not generally insane in that I'm finding the game enjoyable though. Too much time on BSN/following metacritic.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: March 12, 2012, 03:47:43 AM »
FF13-2: So...game decided to go all Fetchquest on me...

...and people were wondering why FF13's linearity can be considered a genuine conscious decision to improve the game...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: March 12, 2012, 03:49:23 AM »
Mordin's line under this circumstances is something like "what, do you have Ashley waiting to shoot me on your signal? Oh wait, you thanked her for that by killing her."

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: March 12, 2012, 04:03:49 AM »
Rob: That is a pretty damn sick burn.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: March 12, 2012, 05:14:05 AM »
See and here I was going to say that the Renegade line really is a kick in the balls this time.  Siding with the Salarians while Wrex is alive was making me feel pretty disgusted.  Watching Shephard have the same response as I felt at the time was pretty great.

Sounds like the Kaidan/Ashley split is fairly significant this time.  Nice to know.  As is the Wrex/Wreav one from what I have watched my brothers play (which made the Renegade choices even more ergh).

Where Renegade was being a Douchebag Rock Star in ME2 it feels like it is really hammering home that doing whatever it takes to succeed isn't always particularly successful in the ways you want it to be.

The attempts to humanise Shephard are really heavy handed at the worst times (and they really stand out), but there is small little things that do actually work.

Some of it feels like they had a cool story and then went over it with a stupid brush when someone said they didn't see where they were humanising him like they claimed they were.  So we got every scene in the game with the child.

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: March 12, 2012, 10:12:22 AM »
I was pretty genuinely surprised at the impact some of your decisions had. In general I think the writing is really good, but sometimes it trips up. There's a decision later that I made that made me feel even worse than going renegade would have, if you can believe it.

Also: be sure you take Javik to Thessia. He'll shatter your world.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 10:19:14 AM by Rob the Stampede »

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: March 12, 2012, 07:39:35 PM »
Cthulhu Saves the World - Cthulhu's Angels. Just got my third PC. So far this is quite a bit easier than the maingame, I'm pretty sure it's because earlygame October is OP. Fire burns everything.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Magetastic

• Denizen
  • Cooler than you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: March 12, 2012, 08:53:00 PM »
Been playing Pokemon: White, Mass Effect 3 (paragon ManShep with a touch of Renegade), and started up both Demon's Souls and Folklore. Pokemon has actual writing, Mass Effect 3 is... well... I've yet to read up on what others have said, but I'm sure it's been discussed to death, Demon's Souls is actually a LOT harder than I expected, and Folklore is awesome and more people should play it.
<%King_Meepdorah> roll 1d999 for "It was beauty...that killed the mage"?
* +Hatbot --> "King_Meepdorah rolls 1d999 for "It was beauty...that killed the mage"? and gets 999."12 [1d999=999]
<%King_Meepdorah> ...
<+superaway> ...Uh oh.
<+RandomConsonant> ...
* +superaway shakes head.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #617 on: March 13, 2012, 10:15:42 AM »
Lost Odyssey:
So... really enjoying this! I think the best description of why is something like "It has all the usual tropes of JRPGs I like, but isn't nearly as embarrassing about it!" It helps that it has story sequences that are genuinely moving. Not the main plot so much as the backstory. The main plot seems fine so far, apart from the mustache-twirling villains, but I'm wary about it.

Battle system is straightforward and fun, though the loading times are atrocious. At least the creators seemed to realize this and turned the encounter rate -waaaay- down compared to most JRPGs. Randoms are harder than the usual fare too. Tiered leveling a la Suikoden is a good touch to keep the grind down and helps the bosses stay balanced (at least so far, they have all been challenging). The Immortal customization vs Mortal unique skillsets is certainly an interesting growth system, and I totally want to stat topic if I ever finish this game.

On Disc 2, about to go pirating~
At this rate, I should finish the game in no more than 2 years!

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: March 13, 2012, 01:48:43 PM »
"It has all the usual tropes of JRPGs I like, but isn't nearly as embarrassing about it!"
About the game with funeral clowns.

Mass Effect 3 - Admiral Hackett has word on your mother.  She has been promoted to Rear Admiral.
Awwwwww yeah.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: March 13, 2012, 03:11:39 PM »
In fairness, "Funeral Clowns" is not something I'd consider a jRPG trope, on simple grounds that "Funerals" are almost never in jRPGs (we have FF6 Leo's funeral, WA1's Funeral which is just a backdrop for opening credits, I guess Yuna's big sending dance is effectively FF10's funeral...then I'm kind of at a lack of thinking about others!)

So his statement remains true!  He didn't say "it's not screwed up in other ways" afterall.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: March 13, 2012, 03:12:31 PM »
Mass Effect 3: Met with the Quarians, grabbed Tali. Now, while their liveships burn, I shall do a few sidequests.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: March 13, 2012, 03:47:21 PM »
I found this half finished guide in my GE notes from when I was doing Knight analysis on the old board. I decided to finish it up since I've been playing Brig of late.

Esgares in Brigandine Grand Edition: How *you* can take over Forsena with the might of the Ivan, Roecod , and Paradoll!

One of the biggest changes from normal Brig to Grand Edition was the expansion of the Esgares quest, giving it an actual story. It was one of the hardest countries in normal Brignadine in theory, but the overwhelming power of Zemeckis (He can OHKO Rune Knights before power in normal Brig) and no need to fight an endgame boss meant that the challenge wasn't any different from the rest of the game. Grand Edition changes this. Zemeckis has been badly nerfed- Power is a flat 50 point boost rather than 1.5x offense, and he no longer can move and attack at long range. You also lose four knights at 22 castles. (Enide, Meltorfas, Cador, Soleil), and only get one in return (Shred, who has 150 fucking rune at L20). The result is that you're going to be horribly short on Knights for the entire game, as you can only gain seven knights from the start of the game-  Liguel, Miguel, Victoria, Daffy, Shred, Helrato, and Rod.*  About half of Esgares's knights are terrible to boot, due to low level or bad rune or both.  All this means is that Esgares in GE is much harder than every other country.  The lack of quest knights means you don't have a Cortina or Hyude to level up, or someone like Aaron to slap on a border to replace one of your own knights. You also won't have much ability to quest, so forget about  all those shiny promotion items or nice items. It's also a hell of a lot of fun to play, since nothing else Grand Edition does pushes you as hard as playing Esgares. This guide is going to focus on border defenses, where to attack, and making a good snakefighting team from what you have available.

*I've never tested to see if you can gain Rain and Carmaine, but that requires questing Mira and Millet for several months. They can gain them in theory, but you're daft if you are willing to give up two of your best knights for several months for a project and someone who would join at endgame anyway.  Helrato's a bit of a crapshoot, since Layoneil has to join another country first and Helrato picks an opposing country at random.

Esgares does have some advantages. They are the only country in the game that can summon every monster from the start, so you you have flexiblity in how you want to build your army. They also start with several notable promoted monsters- Two Fenrirs, a Tiamat, and a Vampire Lord, all of which are extremely good.  The sheer number of knights they possess at well means that they can opt for certain strategies (mage rush) that other countries can't pull off. They also start with the only Ninja in the game (Shiraha) and Gish/Esclados/Cador/Zemeckis are all a lot of fun to use due to level and class.  They also win the game fast, so you have all the time you need to level and refine your snakefighting army near the end.  You need to use all of those advantages in order to beat the game.

Esgares starts with five active borders with the four strongest countries in the game. This quickly expands to six borders whenever you go on the offensive and try to take out a country. You start with 18 knights, so that means you'll be using literally everyone within a month or two.  You are going to have to reorganize your entire army and smartly team your knights up in order to hold on. The AI will not attack in the first attack cycle, so you can leave all your borders unguarded. I highly recommend gathering up all 18 knights and putting them in one castle. Fato (Rocs, Demons) or Cadbury (Dragons, Angels) are what I usually choose. Demons/Angels make excellent assassination units, and Rocs/Dragons are awesome L1 meatshields. Summon however many angels/demons/Rocs you can afford, and divvy up your army.   Now comes the fun part- how in the hell do you defend all those borders? A lot of this is just figuring out which knights you like using and who you want to use on your attack team. Here is what I used on my last Esgares playthrough.

Cador (At Lidney, borders Norgard)
Enide
Meltorfas

Gish
Rainguinus
Irvin

Mira
Millet
Paradoll

Esclados
Soliel
Shiraha

Zemeckis (Snakefighting/attack team)
Castor
Esmeree

Roecod
Ivan
Fiel

No matter how you work it, that last attack team is going to suck and suck bad. I expanded south and knocked out Iscalio fast for Daffy/Miguel/Victoria. Roecod's group was total crap, but I stuck them on the border with Leonia when I expanded south and they held fine.  The Gish team can replace Rainguinus with Ivan if need be. The entire idea of that formation is that three Geno spells a round will rip up any army fast. It's extremely effective at knocking out warrior heavy formations that NA and Norgard used, so I put them in Orkney.  Lidney is the one castle you absolutely have to hold. (It's the one that borders Norgard only.) If you lose here, you get an extra two borders to defend which is going to result in a lot of shorthanded defenses and lost territory.  I put Cador there for that reason. L29 Knight+Vampire lord means that the AI won't attack the map much. It's also one of the easist castles in the game to defend- the only way to reach it from the north by crossing bridges, which means the AI attack will only reach you in disjointed pieces. 

Esgares has the added bonus of having no spare knights at all once it's attacks get going. Not only do you need to win most of your defenses, but you can't afford to get a single knight wounded. It's better to retreat from say Salisbury (Borders Caerleon and Iscalio) rather than getting say Mira and Castor wounded in a winning defense. No spare knights means that you have to pull back your attacking team for at least a month to reinforce your borders, which gets bloody frustrating.   Because of this,  you are going to want to attack a country that gives you a knight when you defeat them. If you're going to use Liguel on your attack team, I recommend smashing NA fast. If you're not using her, go to Iscalio. Iscalio has a lot to recommend it as a target- a soft border with Leonia, two to three knights join you when you beat them, and that Bahamut if you can pry it out of Dryst's mitts.

Other notes on defense:  Assassinate, assassinate, assassinate. You're going to get the best of every country that attacks you. NA is going to send out Gerenit/Coel/Melegant after your ass with the Salamander in tow. Norgard is going to send Vaynard, Iscalio will send Dryst and Iria, etc. You can get attacked several times in a month (This sucks by the way), and you're going to be facing a large disadvantage in rune capacity most of the time. Focus on killing rune knights rather than smashing monsters and try and steal high level monsters. Caerleon is by far the hardest country for Esgares to fight off, since they have a lot of mages.  Cai and Dinadain are a brutally effective team and are just about the only thing in the game can beat Zemeckis early on. Stick your absolute best team on defense on Salisbury if you're not attacking to the south, and hope the AI retreats when you wound Dinadain/Shast.

Attacking is relatively simple by comparsion. You're going to either take out Iscalio or NA first. Zemeckis is still awesome in GE even post nerf, so you shouldn't have any troubles on offense. He also hits L30 without any effort just from counter attacks, so you can focus your EXP on other units. If you're using Esmeree, dual her over to Enchanter. If you're using Castor, you can dual class him or just raise him as a Paladin/Avenger/Samurai Master, whichever. There's not a ton of twinking to do in Esgares, so just pick who you want and run with it.

Bulnoil/Snake of Chaos is the final two GE only fights. Bulnoil is intimidating on paper. He has a lot of good support, great magic himself, and  a barrier which makes him hard to snipe. In practice, Bulnoil's support can be sniped (Bulnoil isn't a Rune Knight and thus has no monsters), meaning that you can kill Enide/Meltorfas off relatively quickly and just stomp him from there.  The Snake is a literal run to the boss, and his support can hit back and front rows with ease.  You also want evasive units as well, since he summons dopplegangers that turn into whoever they attack if they successfully hit. Low rune area knights struggle against the Snake, and mage leaders are vunerable to being sniped.  All this means is that you are going to want a mobile, evasive army for the final fights.

Good units for the Snake of Chaos: Zemeckis, Esmeree, Mira, Millet, Liguel (if leveled), Shiraha. Castor and Rod work in a pinch as well.  High Centuars, Lucifers, Liliths, and anything that can fly are generally good as well.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #622 on: March 13, 2012, 08:39:23 PM »
"It has all the usual tropes of JRPGs I like, but isn't nearly as embarrassing about it!"

Right, I should state that anything related to FASHION in this game is terrifying. Dear God Cooke/Mack/Seth... o_O

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: March 13, 2012, 09:06:33 PM »
Mass Effect 3: Met with the Quarians, grabbed Tali. Now, while their liveships burn, I shall do a few sidequests.

Oh god, the Legion scene...

E: to clarify, I didn't manage to make peace between them. Oh god that Legion scene.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 11:09:55 PM by Rob the Stampede »

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: March 13, 2012, 10:17:00 PM »

Right, I should state that anything related to FASHION in this game is terrifying. Dear God Cooke/Mack/Seth... o_O

If nothing else, it is a good reminder that their world =/= our world in any sense of the word, thereby they're clearly not trying for any form of immersion!?

...yeah, I'm not exactly gonna go far to defend that point <_<