Register

Author Topic: G'Morning 2012 - Buddy Bear Kopocalypse Edition  (Read 53965 times)

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Modern Drunkard Magazine
Re: G'Morning 2012 - Buddy Bear Kopocalypse Edition
« Reply #100 on: February 09, 2012, 02:13:57 AM »
Got my tax refund. Going gun shopping and then suit shopping this weekend. I've always wanted a $2000 suit.

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 09, 2012, 04:02:17 AM »
Pfft. The guy in the 2000 suit is bragging to the guy in the 8000 suit. COME ON!

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 09, 2012, 04:37:06 AM »
The guy in the 8000 dollar suit forgot that the guy in the 2000 suit went gun shopping. If I wear your suit over my suit I will be wearing a 10000 dollar suit.

Idun

« Reply #103 on: February 10, 2012, 03:01:51 PM »
I don't know what's going on with my life, but I absolutely love it. Several very influential scholars are working in my favor to expose me to the "right" connections in the field of AFAM Art and also African. I feel so excited that I occasionally get the heart flutter (bad heart, too) thinking about what's going on! The Director of Black Studies at UCSB is shattering the glass of my graduate solemnity by connecting me with other directors of studies programs at CUNY colleges, Duke, Yale, Princeton. . . Wellesley, and I'm now able to create a better image of what I want to pursue! And shit, their houses are AMAZING (yes, materialism is involved, AH's don't make much, but I want a good idea of if I'm living in a box or not). Secondly, apparently all these connections are vital in demanding more funding, benefits, etc. from other PhD programs. And their conversations are amazing! And it apparently logically follows that you don't drink water at these gatherings, but you drink hard liquor. These scholars are out of their "classroom" element and are real human beings!  (and yes, I totally adore the comment that I don't look 24. . . at least from them) I also just got off of the phone with an amazing artist and musician living in Germany now, who has his first retrospective catalog premiering the end of this February, so I'm hoping on the possibilities here. Also, an hour + a few minutes discussion from a Skype call to Germany is roughly four dollars!

And Isaac Julien's 10,000 Waves at the Institute of Contemporary Art Boston is so fucking stunning! Said Director showing me "the black arts scholar world," provided me company and the discussion afterwards was also amazing. So I'm thinking about applying to UC Berkeley at the suggestion of several people-------- and holy shit, I understand I'm a noob and still naïve, and being introduced to all these scholar "stars" is either serendipitous or purposely calculated, but AHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY! ^-^  Also, if you're in Boston I highly - fucking - suggest you see 10,000 Waves. It's a video installation presented on nine projection screens of simultaneous and disjointed "whole" scenes of moving clippings (three narratives) -- very disorienting -- about the idea that we're "all" immigrants, and the dialectical struggle between mixing fantasy and reality within our imaginations of living, religion and work. Seriously. I fucking love Isaac Julien, and apparently the professor wants me to write an article with him and publish this in a book. That's scary as fuck, but.. I gotta do something right?! YAY!

Idun

« Reply #104 on: February 10, 2012, 04:19:08 PM »
Just ordered a beautiful flower arrangement for my mom, an awesome cookie+bear combo for a bestie and an awesome cookie set for another bestie. I know I bitch about many things in GA, but I really miss my friends. Distance's made my relationship with my mom a lot better -- you know, when people are forced to listen to each other on the phone.

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 12, 2012, 10:45:35 PM »
Damn. I just got banned from the Heat message boards. I posted a thread, that I thought was quite funny, but I guess it came off racist? I dunno.

The thread was titled Blake Griffin. I posted a picture of him and asked a question.

Is Blake Griffin the first black man with no soul because he is ginger?

OR

Is Blake Griffin the first ever ginger with a soul because he is black?

~

It was supposed to be a silly joke, but I guess I was the only one that found that funny. heh

So, tell me, is that racist?
"It took hundreds to kill me, but I killed by the thousands."

RPGDL Fantasy Football 2010 Champion

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 12, 2012, 11:52:36 PM »
So...my parents decided to get a 3rd dog so Mandy could take care of it.  It is a white alaskan...something or other, I can't remember its breed.  My sister's favorite game by far is also Okami, so it shouldn't be hard to figure out what she named it.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 13, 2012, 01:51:42 AM »
Damn. I just got banned from the Heat message boards. I posted a thread, that I thought was quite funny, but I guess it came off racist? I dunno.

The thread was titled Blake Griffin. I posted a picture of him and asked a question.

Is Blake Griffin the first black man with no soul because he is ginger?

OR

Is Blake Griffin the first ever ginger with a soul because he is black?

~

It was supposed to be a silly joke, but I guess I was the only one that found that funny. heh

So, tell me, is that racist?

People take racism seriously.  I am surprised that it's possible to get banned from a team forum for that little.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 13, 2012, 09:43:28 PM »
So...my parents decided to get a 3rd dog so Mandy could take care of it.  It is a white alaskan...something or other, I can't remember its breed.  My sister's favorite game by far is also Okami, so it shouldn't be hard to figure out what she named it.

Like this -

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/images23/AlaskanKleeKaiDogWhite8MonthsOld3.jpg

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/images23/AlaskanKleeKaiDogWhite8MonthsOld2.jpg

or this -

http://www.adsfarm.co.uk/adpics/4e048159a0a545fa4fe2c2fc6.jpg

http://www.windsongalaskanmalamutes.com/sitebuilder/images/Sesi_Tikaani_Zoomed_oo1-265x222.jpg

Also daaaaaaw! ^_^ Sooo cute. Yaay Ammy dog Yaay Mandy. Yaay Meeple parents!~
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 14, 2012, 02:59:03 AM »
People take racism seriously.  I am surprised that it's possible to get banned from a team forum for that little.

Same here.  To be frank, there's a lot of that kind of stuff with sports (you should see the stuff New Yorkers, particularly Asians, are posting about Jeremy Lin), so it's surprising to hear people are so quick to the trigger about it.

I mean for god's sake, people bring Yellow Mamba signs to Knicks games.  Yellow Mamba?  I wonder what that means?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 03:17:41 AM by NotMiki »
Rocky: you do know what an A-bomb is, right?
Bullwinkle: A-bomb is what some people call our show!
Rocky: I don't think that's very funny...
Bullwinkle: Neither do they, apparently!

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 16, 2012, 10:18:34 PM »
I have enough games to entertain a small army and yet the only things that sound interesting to play right now are the two games my PS3 won't run without freezing. >_<

I really hate these phases.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 16, 2012, 10:35:48 PM »

Same here.  To be frank, there's a lot of that kind of stuff with sports (you should see the stuff New Yorkers, particularly Asians, are posting about Jeremy Lin), so it's surprising to hear people are so quick to the trigger about it.

I mean for god's sake, people bring Yellow Mamba signs to Knicks games.  Yellow Mamba?  I wonder what that means?

Brandon Roy called himself that for a while several years ago.  It was... less awkward then, because he was only half-serious.

Idun

« Reply #112 on: February 20, 2012, 02:21:48 AM »
Corpse pose in yoga is the bestest ever.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 20, 2012, 02:27:06 AM »
Finally, someone else that enjoys the humor of posing their victims in Yoga positions.  Gotta get them into Cat Stretching before rigor mortis sets in.

So much fun.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 20, 2012, 03:01:18 AM »
Speaking of corpse yoga, came out of the closet to your family about being engineersexual yet?

Don't mind me, just abusing the remaining stretches of my break. >_>
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 20, 2012, 01:15:47 PM »

Wow. Just wow.

Why am I such a screw up? D; So for some reason this morning my hearing aid was on the floor, halfway down the room. I picked it up, checked the battery was still in it and put it ... somewhere. Then promptly forgot all about it while I got on with this morning's business like getting the laundry started, getting washed/etc. Also was browsing the internet for a bit. I decided to play some games while I was waiting for the first load of laundry to finish. I need my hearing aid for this ... and I completely forgot where I put it. I always expect it to be where it usually is, which is on the dresser at the side of my bed >_> Cue panic/worry mode. I hunt for the hearing aid all over at the same time of getting on with the rest of this morning's business, clearing dishes/cutlery away to the kitchen, tidying up my dresser and sink tops, taking more stuff to the laundry room, etc. Also checked my bookcase, my tv/consoles area, under the bed, etc. No luck in finding it. Eventually I get down to the desperate like stopping/opening the washing machine to check my dressing robe pockets and checking the rubbish bin (yes I washed my hands) all to no avail. Give up in the end and am prepared to tell staff what's happened, got to deal with this type of situation straight away even if I want to beat myself silly for being such a screw up and ending up in big messes like this <_< Why do these type of things always happen, whyyy D;

It was in my underclothes drawer. I ...iii ...

This isn't the first time I've pulled stuff like this. Also my memory's getting worse I swear. I do stuff and can't remember if I've done it, or think I've done it when I haven't =( Like with the hearing aid and also this morning when I took laundry in the kitchen to leave while I did the dishes I later blanked out whether I had taken the laundry to the laundry room after (I had) >_> I've had brain/memory/concentration tests done before years ago while I was in another establishment but yeah.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 01:20:24 PM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

TranceHime

• Let's have a freaking kid!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • That'll solve ALL our problems!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 20, 2012, 01:26:31 PM »
i am going to cut the bastard who thought 6pm to 9pm exams was a reasonably fun and good idea
19:35:58 (trancehime) there's a specific spot in the game that's for item duping
19:36:14 (Sanae) o.o
19:39:11 (Sanae) I'd love to dupe a second trancehime.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
  • Yoo-hoo, Mr. Tentacle Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 20, 2012, 01:56:51 PM »
CT: I pull shit like that all the time.  Learning memory tricks helps a lot with keeping track of those sorts of things.  Like if you set something important somewhere do something minor and physical to jog other aspects of your memory into helping you remember where shit is.

Alternately give up and develop an alcohol problem.  That's the other way then you also have a great excuse as to why your memory is shit.

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 20, 2012, 04:52:56 PM »
i am going to cut the bastard who thought 6pm to 9pm exams was a reasonably fun and good idea

Oh god yes.  The only plus side is that if it happens to be your last exam the immediate segue into celebratory drinking is more socially appropriate.
Rocky: you do know what an A-bomb is, right?
Bullwinkle: A-bomb is what some people call our show!
Rocky: I don't think that's very funny...
Bullwinkle: Neither do they, apparently!

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 20, 2012, 07:41:19 PM »
You're in law school, there is no such thing as socially inappropriate drinking.

EDIT: Good lord, CT. That is impressively forgetful.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: February 20, 2012, 08:01:29 PM »
That sounds like me... today, in fact! Lost my medication and looking for it like a crazy spaz, had to just go to the freaking pharmacy and confess that I am too stupid to do things such as keep track of pills.

*hugs* It's alright, everyone has this happen.
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 20, 2012, 09:58:46 PM »
:(

I hope they were nice to you and sorted it out ok~

Thanks Ciato *hugs*

Thanks Zenny :) Maybe just getting on with things this morning helped me/jogged my memory without me knowing. I wasn't even thinking about the hearing aid when I went to the drawer. I'd just crossed over there because it was open/stuff was hanging out and I was going to close/sort it. Which is when I found the aid while opening the drawer proper to sort stuff in then my memory was nudged and yeah >_>

Lord Ephraim

• Denizen
  • Scientific Perfection
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 21, 2012, 10:12:06 AM »
Early last week I had just a common cold.  Nothing too bad in fact it only lasted about 2 days.

Then late Friday, I developed a severe middle ear infection. I literally could not move my head without the sudden sensation that it was going to explode.  Go to the doctor next day, get some antibiotics and some ear drops to ease the pain.

Well it turns out my body did not like the ear drops at all.  Instead of soothing relief, I got a burning sensation in my eardrum.  So bad that it cause it to rupture cause blood and pus to flow out of my mouth and ear.  I can't really compare how painful it was except it felt like I got shot in the head.  Had to go to the ER to drain all the blood out and kill the pain.  Right now I'm about 85% deaf in my left ear.  The doctor said the eardrum will heal overtime but there's not a guarantee that it will be 100% recovery.   I felt lots of discomfort but the major pain has subsided for now.

I haven't slept in 3 days and the last bite of food was a bowl of rice two days ago. Oh and huge doctor bills because I have to pay a $750 deductible.

Kissing DLCon goodbye.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 21, 2012, 10:22:46 AM »
Shit ...

I'm so sorry Eph  :(

Edit: ... and what the guys said basically (hi Yoshi) ;/
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 03:01:53 PM by Clear Tranquil »

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 21, 2012, 11:23:15 AM »
I.. holy shit, Eph. That's, uhh.. wow, shit. Hope the recovery goes well, at least? But wow, that is a major fuck-up on their part, from the sound of things. Nothing you can do about that?

In other news, I'm sort of back. Sort of. I'm on a really shitty 6-y/o laptop that's been gathering dust for a while, but it just about works. For a bit, anyway.