imageRegister

Author Topic: G'Morning 2012 - Buddy Bear Kopocalypse Edition  (Read 54001 times)

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
Re: G'Morning 2012 - Buddy Bear Kopocalypse Edition
« Reply #275 on: May 20, 2012, 10:32:39 PM »
He got inflicting accidents and mass power-outages out of his system at DLC1. It's why neither have happened since. Of course, he had to change it up and just outright mercy kill OK's car at 4, but that's different.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 22, 2012, 10:48:33 AM »
NEB and Ciatos getting some CT love this afternoon! ^_^

I'm so excited~
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Modern Drunkard Magazine
« Reply #277 on: May 23, 2012, 08:34:43 AM »
Well, my professor's wife is having her labor induced, so no class for me Thursday since dads get some time off too.  I have Fridays off, and it's Memorial Day, and then he told us "we probably won't have class on Tuesday, but you should probably assume we will to be safe, but I'll let you know."  So I have class tomorrow, and then I'm off until next Tuesday.  Also one of Zenny's friends offered to be my fourth ex-wife because she liked the way I talked about pimping Zenny out for pineapple-based ass play.

All in all a good day.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 23, 2012, 10:16:17 PM »
Thanks for coming to hang out with us, CT!

So Britain was pretty sweet. The first three or so days we spent in a small village in the Lake District. I am quite fond of it! It's a very rural place but they have buses going to the cities and scattered towns all over the place for shopping and the like. There we stayed with Elfboy's aunt, who was quite fun. Then we drove up to the Highlands of Scotland, where we met up with the rest of the family, including three Aussies and a lot of Brits. That was fun, we did some hiking and some wandering. Bought some cheese and chocolate and pie. The savory pies there are wonderful! Why don't we do this in NA again?

I really like the tax being included in prices. I like the environmental concerns that seem to be higher than rural places in the U.S. I like trains that can get to major cities quickly! :) I dislike, uh, being charged money to go to the bathroom in a train station.

Another thing I don't like is that really irritating human being who was next to us on the airplane. He had basically a 8 hour shitfit about everything, but particularly a) not being given for free a flight attendent's personal Gravol, b) not being able to use cash on the plane for buying beer, despite being given free drinks, and c) the food. He kept crowding my personal space and laughing very loudly at the stuff he was watching. Eventually I traded him his currency for my ability to buy his beer, and he shut up for a bit. Funny stuff.

Glad the flight back was less dumb! Very quiet, I read a lot.

Great trip, really want to go back soon.
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #279 on: May 24, 2012, 02:55:59 AM »
We do savory pies here, but you have to shop around for it.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Idun

« Reply #280 on: May 25, 2012, 01:32:29 PM »
Southern savory pies "ftw." In most cases, they're not called that - just "meat pie," etc. Edit* an a nonmeat savory pie would just be a pie. >_>

Night out with my roommmmaaaaaatttteees, yayayaya. We found a great tapas bar three blocks away. Love it. On our drunken tab, besides a crazy tab we racked up, was:

down with academia
why it is proper that a guy buy a girl a drink
why is it improper for a girl to get a drink by a guy who buys her a drink as a sexual investment, but no one cares because-- uh, drinks
the neighboring individuals who seemed very astute; I walked over and talked about obamacare, but I'm sure it was just entertaining for them. I viscerally remember the one girl in that group saying she "doesn't do much," and she should give more credit to the actual things she's doing. /eeyore
how a tapas bar came to be on our street
talked to the owner about a big haitian population here, so maybe they could get a french speaker (re: many spanish speakers here) so now it seems irrelevant
my future (finished now) Yelp review for them
roommate's trip to europe and her preference for Belgium
gentrification
then everything tapers off because I remember walking Ellie home, but returning to find Victor who told us to go ahead since Ellie was really drunk and etc and then victor and i walked home and then i talked about how much he needs to get laid because it is unfortunate man ok yeah great night next time moderation jes jes.

Idun

« Reply #281 on: May 25, 2012, 03:37:28 PM »
ok
just found out I was drunk hobnobbing with two lawyers and one completely uninspired female. well. . .  hmm... now I feel bad. I talked to a lawyer. The one I actually vibed with was very cute. (====== !!!

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 25, 2012, 04:54:20 PM »
I notice a startling lack of drunken mansex.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Idun

« Reply #283 on: May 25, 2012, 06:25:18 PM »
I could get a session going if you want?

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 25, 2012, 07:15:20 PM »
The savory pie I had was brocolli, cheese, and cauliflower. It was pretty delicious and meatless.
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: May 25, 2012, 08:16:01 PM »
I could get a session going if you want?

Not until I'm there, missy.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Idun

« Reply #286 on: May 27, 2012, 08:30:52 AM »
best night in boston

Edit: Ok, so let me rephrase that: Best night in Boston so far. Roommate and I decided to go out dancing (finally!!) as opposed to just drinking, but stopped by the tapas bar from last night for one drink to "pregame." The owner approached us and reintroduced himself, saying how delightful it was to have us there the previous night. We got free fries on the house. The bartender was *not* Diana, and I'm very disappointed with the mojito I had. Anyway, the owner re-approached us again last night before we left for the club and mentioned how it would be great to have another conversation with the District City Councilman. Not only were we fucking talking to a set of lawyers, but we were talking politics to the Irish Republican councilman for JP (and I'm sorry, JP is pretty small, so we were extremely embarrassed). As friends of the owner for the bar, I guess he stops by frequently? Anyway, crazy.

I could not get drunk. Like, there was no way to. Maybe it's because I left the previous night having about 6-7 drinks IIRC. At the club, I had about four jagerbombs, a lemon drop, and some weird drink that Ellie liked a lot. But literally from 1030 to 230 we were on the dance floor, and thank the bejeebus I brought flipflops because I haven't been in 6 inch heels since Atlanta.

I'm writing a summary of my night because I remember it. I'm also writing it because there's several things I want to toss out there. One, hoardes of fucking Swedish and Scandinavian men would not leave Ellie and her friend alone (both Koreans). And even drunk, every single one professed an asian fetish. Not cool. Around 1 when they were complaining to me (because I was tangoing with other menz) and a guy continually was pulling on Ellie, I literally stopped dancing, pulled dude's hand away and said "chill." He KEPT pressing her. I said "CHILL" and slightly began pushing his drunk ass away. Women are not *ragdolls*.

Second. I was tangoing with several menz on the floor. Ellie found a guy that looked like Harry Potter (OMG HE WAS SO DORKY CUTE) that went to "MIT for physics" and was actually trying to dance in convulsions. Steph found some really, really, really cute Indian guy. There was this one guy who was white and trying to prove his "blackness" to me from being from DC. I think he was trying to dance cockblock me, because there was this amaaaaaazingly cute hispanic guy who was like "Everyone wants to dance with you tonight!!" I remember another guy coming in to cockblock while the guy kept smiling and dancing at me, and I'm sure I just stuck my tongue out. Sigh. I wish I had danced with him. I had about 5 regulars. 1 white guy, 1 guy I later found out was Moroccan (oh god, so fucking cute.. the only guy I could samba a little with), and three asian men.

I've *never* really been approached by asian men, whether intoxicated, seeking, chatting, whatever. Two Korean, 1 Chinese, but this was ...really interesting. Each one prefaced their discussion with, "Oh so I've only approached a couple black girls for x reason." And let me tell you, every one of them could dance too. Boston just has a different club scene, and even though I've talked to asian guys in Atlanta, it is an entirely different clubbing pool lot here. That was pretty cool.

What was bad:

After leaving, Moroccan guy tried separating me from Ellie/Steph once he found out I spoke some French. Telling him off in French just made him more interested.

Crossing the street, several guys were posted up and I noticed that they started following us in Chinatown (we were going to get food). I yelled "Back off," which immediately made their small dicks even more fucking upset, where they started to yell shit. Steph's as much of a firecracker as us, and we were yelling back to them all this crazy shit. THEN, we gave them the silent treatment and they were following us a bit too long for comfort, but I absolutely hate it when seeking dudes toss out stupid shit like "bitches, hoes," as if that's supposed to genuinely hurt when you're as tall as a fucking bureau. Really, dudes? GTFA.

Food in Chinatown was great as always.

Haitian cab dude was aiite, didn't pedal to the medal, talking about what to eat to SOME lady in creole on the phone the entire way.

Other than that? So much fun ^--------------------------------------------------------------^

Edit* No drunken mansex again... ]=
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 03:03:30 PM by Dunie »

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 27, 2012, 04:59:52 PM »
Tenacious D was pretty awesome. Then I went out and got messed up cause it's Bro Weekend.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 28, 2012, 03:07:04 AM »
So weekend away from the internet at Chateau Sopko.  Good times as always.  Ms Sopko is amazing as always.  Sopko is the broest bro.

My only regret from the voluntary absence from the internet is harassing Ciatos and Elves as soon as they got back and haranguing Dunies for slovenly drunkardly winning at life better than myself.

So I am in America once more and still puzzled entirely by your food.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 28, 2012, 08:57:29 AM »
Wedding was pretty damn awesome. Was held aboard an oldschool clipper ship. Launched out of South Street Seaport, the vows took place in the water in front of the Statue of Liberty, then sailed back to the reception. Open bar on the boat as well as the reception, so good times. Excellent weather for it too. Got to see people I haven't seen in a long time. NYC is always great too.

Caught dinner with Grefter, Jim and Meeple. Funny story. Jim mentioned I had forgotten Snowfire and gave me a number. It did not match the one I had for him, so I figured he got a new one and edited the contact info, then proceeded to call/text him. Turns out Jim had given me Strago's number by mistake. Strago could not make it ;-;

So yeah, sorry Snowfire. Only realized it after dinner when Strago finally texted back.

Also watched the Devils game at a bar near the Port Authority. Came in at the start of the 2nd when they were ahead 2-0, proceeded to watch them give up their lead, left before overtime because we figured it wouldn't be over by the time we had to catch our bus. Cried when I found out it ended only 1:03 in. Oh to have missed the anguished cries of Ranger fans...

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 28, 2012, 09:02:25 PM »
Back from London Expo, pics are on Facebook, as usual. Of note were the awesome Gears of War group my sister was part of, a Totori, a Donkey Kong, and games of Mafia, as usual.

Kinda sucks to be back, as usual.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 02, 2012, 08:37:48 PM »
Having computer issues. My laptop was fine this morning but when I started it up this afternoon there were rainbow colour stripes covering part of the screen going up and down, with grey stripes going across the way at the top. Later my system kept crashing and I had the Blue Screen of Death. Tried everything, Safe Mode, System Restore, Cleaner, F8, System Reboot, Start up Repair, etc, all the usual suscepts. Nada. This does seem to have fixed the crashing/blue screen of death for the time being but the stripes are still there  :(

I am supposed to go and re-view the house I've been offered on Tuesday, with a view to getting the keys and signing for the missives and if I do I'll be busy preparing for, setting up, saving for the move, etc so hopefully this stripes thing won't prove expensive to fix. Well anyway just a heads up in case my laptop starts crashing out again and I'm not around. I might be busy with the move before I have the time/money to look into getting the laptop fixed if it does turn out to be a serious issue. My friend thinks some hard ware might be corrupt or ded/dying if it's not software so if Windows Restore doesn't fix this I might need to take this to the repair shop and be AWOL for a while.

So if so I hope the con goes great for everyone and you all have a great time! *CThugtackleglompspeeps*~

Edit - A friend is helping me out with this. Made back ups of important data and sent to my friend via dropbox which friend introduced me to. Going to preform a Windows Restore but need to see if I can find my Restore disc first >_>  My friend thinks some hard ware might be corrupt or ded/dying if it's not software so if Windows Restore doesn't fix this I might need to take this to the repair shop and be AWOL for a while. Baah. Anyway take care you all.

Edit 2 - Can't find Restore disc. Panic, panic, panic. Hell I can't even remember if I had a disc to install Windows with in the first place. Maybe using the Dell option to restore the laptop to factory sealed state would work? Ok. Bad  CT. Focus. Get a hold of yourself and concentrate on prioritising. Don't screw moving on from care up this time.

I probably shouldn't be running the laptop a lot while it's in this state, don't know if doing so is risking/would do further damage or not but better safe than sorry.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 01:18:49 PM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 03, 2012, 03:42:20 PM »
You were on target with the Dell option.  Most laptops don't come with a restore disc these days but ship with a partition on their hard drive to do recovery from.

If it is hardware, unless it is a fan giving out and overheating or a power issue (neither of which I would expect from your symptoms) then you probably can't do too much more damage to the laptop than is already done to it, but if you think you are going to have to take it to a repair shop then may as well do so early.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 03, 2012, 03:49:51 PM »
If you had a restore disc, it's probably mixed in with the 360 games in the plastic bin.

and otherwise, what Gref said.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 03, 2012, 04:52:47 PM »
So...

Figured it is about time to announce it, since it's already blown up on Facebook...

I just got engaged last week.  Hooray! 

No wedding for 3 years, but hey, fun stuff overall.
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 03, 2012, 08:30:07 PM »
Is that when she finishes school?
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 03, 2012, 10:12:00 PM »
Middle school maybe.

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 03, 2012, 10:43:21 PM »
So...

Figured it is about time to announce it, since it's already blown up on Facebook...

Hey, the first time you get married it's kind of fun.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 03, 2012, 10:47:14 PM »
Congratulations again OK! ~

Three years looks like plenty of time to get ready~

Thanks Grefter, aiel. Yeah looks like it's a hardware issue since software recovery/restore didn't fix it =/ Hopefully the monthly insurance I've been paying to TechGuys at PC World/Curry's will help with this. Well I've done all I can do for now, thanks again to everyone who helped out. 

No chat currently so yeah spread the word if anyone's asking for me since they might not have checked the boards due to the con being on going and all. Take care all and happy/safe travelling. Tell Idun I'm sorry I can't make Skye/chat con! =(

I have noticed there is what looks like a jaggy black triangle cut out at the top in the middleish of the screen mostly filled in black but with the rainbow stripes going through it as well. There might be a crack or scratch on the monitor? I can't feel crack but. The only other thing I can think of is I was watching a DVD the night before and didn't take it out after. I didn't leave the laptop on over night but I did switch it on in the morning, checked stuff online and left it running while I went back to sleep for a while >_>

Bobbin Cranbud

• Denizen
    • View Profile
    • The Writing of Joshua Cole
« Reply #299 on: June 04, 2012, 03:22:22 AM »
So...

Congratulations!
Read my webnovel, Eye Opener, now available on RoyalRoad.