Register

Author Topic: The dead have shambled back to their graves in Arkham.  (Read 18147 times)

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
Re: The dead are walking in Arkham...(Turn 1 Encounters)
« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2012, 05:42:25 PM »
"Skids" O'Toole

Stats
Sanity: 1 / 3
Stamina: 5 / 7

Speed: 0 1 [2] 3
Sneak: 5 4 [3] 2 (+1)

Fight: 2 3 4 [5]
Will : 3 2 1 [0]

Lore: 1 [2] 3 4
Luck: 4 [3] 2 1

Focus: 2

Unique Abilities
School of Hard Knocks - Any Phase: Once per skill check, "Skids" may roll two bonus dice for each "1" he rolled. He may do this either before or after spending Clue tokens on the roll.
Criminal Record - "Skids" cannot become the Deputy of Arkham, nor may he gain a Bank Loan.

Inventory
$5
2 Clue Tokens
1 Monster Trophy (Cultist, 1 Toughness)
2 Gate Trophy (The Dreamlands, The Abyss / R'lyeh)

Common Items
Axe - Type: Physical weapon / Bonus: +2 Combat check (+3 instead if your other hand is empty) / Hands: 1 / Price: $3
Motorcycle   - Movement: Exhaust to get 2 extra movement points. / Price: $4
King James Bible - Type: Tome / Movement: Exhaust and spend 2 movement points to regain 1 Sanity and gain +1 to Horror checks until the end of the turn. / Price: $3

Unique Items
Ruby of R'lyeh - Movement: You get 3 extra movement points. / Price: $8

Skills
Sneak - +1 Sneak / When you spend a Clue token to add to any Sneak check, add one extra bonus die.

Spells
Voice of Ra (Exhausted) - Casting Modifier: -1 / Sanity Cost: 1 / Upkeep Phase: You may cast and exhaust to gain +1 to all skill checks for the rest of this turn.

Relationship
Friendly Rivals (with Roland) - Between you and your partner, the investigator with fewer monster trophies gains a +1 on Combat checks, and the investigator with fewer Gate trophies gains a +1 on Fight or Lore checks to close Gates. There is no effect in the case of ties.

The Best of Friends (from Trish) - If you or your partner are in the same neighborhood, either of you may exhaust this card before making a check to gain +1 on that check. If the Ancient One has awakened, this card may not be used.

Personal Story
Failed
Effect - Remove remaining clue tokens on the board.

Current Action
Close the gate and seal it with the Elder Sign.

Nitori

• Denizen
  • The only thing YOU'RE onto is your mot-
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2012, 08:02:50 PM »
[16:01] <RogueEffect> Someone here?
[16:01] <RandomConsonant> define here
[16:01] <+AliciaFlorence> there
[16:01] <Taco-ItsDangerousToKoAlone> fuck everything
[16:02] <Taco-ItsDangerousToKoAlone> d6
[16:02] * Hatbot --> "Taco-ItsDangerousToKoAlone rolls d6 and gets 3."12 [d6=3]

[16:05] <Taco-ItsDangerousToKoAlone> also i forgot to roll for the patrol wagon breaking
[16:05] <Taco-ItsDangerousToKoAlone> d6
[16:05] * Hatbot --> "Taco-ItsDangerousToKoAlone rolls d6 and gets 3."12 [d6=3]
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 08:05:54 PM by Nitori »
<Ko-NitoriisSulpher> roll 1d100 to grade Nitori?
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 21, 2012, 08:18:36 PM »
[12:07] <RogueEffect> Anyhow. Gate closing time.
[12:08] <RogueEffect> This time with 100% less cheating as I remember lurker
[12:08] <RogueEffect> roll 3d6
[12:08] * Hatbot --> "RogueEffect rolls 3d6 and gets 11."12 [3d6=5, 2, 4]
[12:08] <RogueEffect> Hurrah, statistics pay off

Success

Yakumo

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 22, 2012, 10:28:21 AM »
Lodge Member Held for Questioning!
Headline

A Silver Lodge member lets 2 monsters loose in the French Hill Streets.

A gate opens at the Black Cave, spawning a Ghost.  A clue falls into the gate at Hibb's Roadhouse.

Circle monsters move, the Byakhee flies down to the French Hill Streets.

The Mythos spawns a Chthonian and a Shoggoth in the French Hill Streets.

The Reckoning card for this gate is The Body a Temple.  Each investigator with a Soul Pact loses 2 Stamina.  This causes Trish to be Lost in Time and Space.

The Story Continues was drawn before this Mythos.  The Mythos discards have been shuffled back into the deck.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 10:30:13 AM by Yakumo »

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 22, 2012, 09:53:59 PM »
Roland Banks, FBI

Abilities:

Intuitive - Upkeep Phase - If Roland has fewer than 2 4 clue tokens, he gains one clue token.

Expense Account - Upkeep Phase - If Roland has less than $2, he gains $1.

Stats:

Sanity - 2/4
Stamina - 1/6

Speed - [1] 2 3 4
Sneak - [4] 3 2 1

Fight - 1 2 3 [4]
Will - 5 4 3 [2] [+3]

Lore - 1 2 3 [4]
Luck - 4 3 2 [1]

Focus: 3

Allies:
John Legrasse (+2 Will, can trophify monsters with the Endless ability.)

Skills:
Will (+1 Will, add an additional die to clue tokens spent on Will checks.)

Inventory:
$5
0 clue tokens
4 Monster Trophies (Zombie, Ghoul, Witch, Byahkee, total toughness: 4)
1 Gate Trophy (City of the Great Race)
Bullwhip (1H Weapon, +1 Physical combat, exhaust to reroll one die on a combat check, $2.)
Wither (1H Spell, 0 sanity cost, 0 casting mod, cast and exhaust to gain +3 Magical combat until the end of the combat.)

Relationships:
Friendly Rivals ["Skids"] (The investigator with fewer monster trophies gains +1 on Combat checks, the investigator with fewer gate trophies gains +1 on Fight/Lore checks made to close gates.  There is no effect in case of ties.)
Buisness Associates [Mandy] (Whenever you or your partner gains at least $1 from any effect other than this card, the other gains $1.)

Personal Story:
Passed.

Shift Speed/Sneak to 1/4, defeat Byahkee, engage Shoggoth (fail), spend both clues and exhaust bullwhip (fail), use Research (fail), try again (fail), discarding Whiskey because I died.  Hatbot can go eat a forest of dicks.

[15:45] <RandomConsonant> Regardless Sneak is going all the way to 4 because fffff cthtonian
[15:47] <RandomConsonant> I guess I could put it at 3 if I wanted to actually go somewhere but one die against the Byakhee for sneak does not exactly inspire me with confidence
[15:49] <RandomConsonant> As for the shoggoth I can get 7 dice to kill that if I don't fuck up the wither cast again
[15:49] <RandomConsonant> With two clues and the bullwhip I can probably feel somewhat comfortable risking it
[15:50] <RandomConsonant> Bah, my kingdom for an enchanted blade
[15:53] <RandomConsonant> Granted I could aslo fail horror against the shoggoth, but then I just choose not to drink the whiskey and throw it away instead
[15:54] <RandomConsonant> I'm a federal agent, why the hell should I have the stuff anyways, it's Prohibition
[15:55] <RandomConsonant> I'd get the clue back anyways and it has the advantage of getting me the hell out of there
[15:56] <RandomConsonant> (it is clues that are discarded, right?)
[16:01] <RandomConsonant> Mrf.
[16:07] <RandomConsonant> Well, even if I get stuck here this turn I might as well get rid of things that could potentially chase me
[16:07] <RandomConsonant> Because yes I certainly enjoy being trapped by eldritch horrors
[16:08] <RandomConsonant> Killdude check
[16:13] <RandomConsonant> Or I'll wait
[16:14] <AliciaFlorence> what
[16:15] <RandomConsonant> okay easy ones first
[16:15] <RandomConsonant> well, easy one
[16:15] <RandomConsonant> Byakhee horror, four dice
[16:15] <RandomConsonant> roll 4d6
[16:15] <Hatbot> 0x01ACTION --> "RandomConsonant rolls 4d6 and gets 12." [4d6=5, 3, 2, 2]
[16:15] <RandomConsonant> roll 5d6 YOU ARE VIOLATING AREA SECURITY
[16:15] <Hatbot> 0x01ACTION --> "RandomConsonant rolls 5d6 YOU ARE VIOLATING AREA SECURITY and gets 13." [5d6=4, 1, 5, 2, 1]
[16:16] <RandomConsonant> jeez hatbot is enjoying cutting things close
[16:16] <AliciaFlorence> always
[16:16] <RandomConsonant> Shoggoth time
[16:16] <RandomConsonant> Second verse, same as the first, 4 dice for horror
[16:16] <RandomConsonant> roll 4d6
[16:17] <Hatbot> 0x01ACTION --> "RandomConsonant rolls 4d6 and gets 13." [4d6=2, 1, 6, 4]
[16:17] <RandomConsonant> Now for the godly wither
[16:17] <RandomConsonant> roll 4d6 witherings
[16:17] <Hatbot> 0x01ACTION --> "RandomConsonant rolls 4d6 witherings and gets 12." [4d6=5, 1, 1, 5]
[16:17] <RandomConsonant> huzzah
[16:17] <AliciaFlorence> :)
[16:17] <RandomConsonant> Okay, 4 fight, bullwhip and mod cancel, +3 from wither
[16:18] <RandomConsonant> roll 7d6 to stomp this guy like a CSTW boss
[16:18] <Hatbot> 0x01ACTION --> "RandomConsonant rolls 7d6 to stomp this guy like a CSTW boss and gets 14." [7d6=1, 3, 3, 3, 1, 1, 2]
[16:18] <RandomConsonant> Well I am amazed
[16:18] <AliciaFlorence> you playing on insanity clearly
[16:18] <RandomConsonant> Clearly
[16:19] <RandomConsonant> Well I could blow both clues and the bullwhip reroll to get three successes!
[16:19] <RandomConsonant> Maybe
[16:19] <AliciaFlorence> If you don't need them that may be the best option?
[16:19] <AliciaFlorence> Hmm.
[16:20] <AliciaFlorence> Wait.
[16:20] <AliciaFlorence> No point in burning them now.
[16:20] <RandomConsonant> It'd be the best option if I ganked Research for the turn
[16:20] <AliciaFlorence> You get 9 dice even if you wait to use clues.
[16:21] <RandomConsonant> The question being do I take the hit wait to do that or do that now
[16:21] <RandomConsonant> *take the hit and wait
[16:21] <AliciaFlorence> You could use the Bullwhip, roll the 7-9 dice, then use Research if that fails?
[16:22] <RandomConsonant> Because while I can take the hit, but I'd rather not with the Cthtonian on the board
[16:22] <RandomConsonant> And taking out the Cthtonian this turn ain't happening
[16:25] <AliciaFlorence> I don't know what I should do this turn. Probably grab a clue somewhere or something. Wouldn't need Research for that.
[16:25] <RandomConsonant> Yeah Nitori's in gjland so really it depends on what Andy would want it for
[16:26] <AliciaFlorence> (And since you kind of need the reroll that's more reason for me to not do something risky right now.)
[16:30] <RandomConsonant> Andy might have said something about taking Research but honestly I don't remember
[16:30] <AliciaFlorence> Ah.
[16:32] <RandomConsonant> What the hell, let's do it
[16:32] <RandomConsonant> dropping both clues
[16:32] <RandomConsonant> roll 2d6
[16:33] <Hatbot> 0x01ACTION --> "RandomConsonant rolls 2d6 and gets 11." [2d6=6, 5]
[16:33] <RandomConsonant> roll 1d6 BULLWHIP CLUTCH?
[16:33] <Hatbot> 0x01ACTION --> "RandomConsonant rolls 1d6 BULLWHIP CLUTCH? and gets 4." [1d6=4]
[16:33] <RandomConsonant> Awww
[16:34] <RandomConsonant> time to hit up GFAQs I guess
[16:35] <AliciaFlorence> Almost.
[16:36] <RandomConsonant> roll 9d6 help me GFAQs
[16:36] <Hatbot> 0x01ACTION --> "RandomConsonant rolls 9d6 help me GFAQs and gets 31." [9d6=3, 4, 1, 1, 4, 4, 6, 4, 4]
[16:36] <RandomConsonant> fuck
[16:36] <AliciaFlorence> srsly
[16:37] <RandomConsonant> And now I can't use the bullwhip for the retry
[16:38] <RandomConsonant> So, try to disengage with three dice or continue on with six
[16:39] <AliciaFlorence> Odds of getting three successes on six dice is pretty bad, IIRC.
[16:39] <RandomConsonant> Disengaging would give me better odds of being alive but on the other hand I really want out
[16:40] <RandomConsonant> And at this point I'm not going to cry if I get sent to the hospital
[16:40] <AliciaFlorence> Fair enough.
[16:41] <RandomConsonant> roll 6d6 WE WHO ARE ABOUT TO DIE SALUTE YOU WITH OUR MIDDLE FINGERS
[16:41] <Hatbot> 0x01ACTION --> "RandomConsonant rolls 6d6 WE WHO ARE ABOUT TO DIE SALUTE YOU WITH OUR MIDDLE FINGERS and gets 20." [6d6=2, 1, 3, 6, 3, 5]
[16:41] <RandomConsonant> And I die.
[16:41] <RandomConsonant> Five successes on 23 dice! Too bad about them not being where I needed them to be.
[16:42] <RandomConsonant> Er
[16:42] <RandomConsonant> 25 dice
[16:42] <AliciaFlorence> Hatbot is superdick.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2012, 01:43:02 AM »
Mandy Thompson

Stamina: 4/5
Sanity: 4/5

Speed/Sneak: 4/2
Fight/Will: 3/2
Lore/Luck: 4/0

$6, 0 Clue Tokens, Tommy Gun, Whiskey, Ancient Tablet, Stealth, Silver Key

Personal Story: If 5 gates (0/5) are prevented from opening by elder signs, pass. If terror reaches 5 (1/5), fail.

Pass: Immediately close and seal a gate.
Fail: One less open gate is required for the AO to awaken

Trish: After the initial setup, any time either you or your partner gains an Ally (from any game effect other than this card), the other draws an Ally at random from the Ally deck. If he currently has no Allies, he keeps it. If he does have one or more Allies, he keeps it and then chooses one of his Allies to reshuffle back into the Ally deck.

Roland: After the initial setup, any time either you or your partner gains $1 or more (from any game effect other than this card), the other gains $1.

To ye olde curiositie shop!

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 26, 2012, 12:28:18 AM »
"Skids" O'Toole

Stats
Sanity: 2 / 3
Stamina: 5 / 7

Fight: 2 [3] 4 5
Will : 3 [2] 1 0

Unique Abilities
School of Hard Knocks - Any Phase: Once per skill check, "Skids" may roll two bonus dice for each "1" he rolled. He may do this either before or after spending Clue tokens on the roll.
Criminal Record - "Skids" cannot become the Deputy of Arkham, nor may he gain a Bank Loan.

Inventory
$5
2 Clue Tokens
2 Gate Trophy (The Dreamlands, The Abyss / R'lyeh)

Common Items
Axe - Type: Physical weapon / Bonus: +2 Combat check (+3 instead if your other hand is empty) / Hands: 1 / Price: $3
King James Bible (Exhausted) - Type: Tome / Movement: Exhaust and spend 2 movement points to regain 1 Sanity and gain +1 to Horror checks until the end of the turn. / Price: $3

Unique Items

Skills
Sneak - +1 Sneak / When you spend a Clue token to add to any Sneak check, add one extra bonus die.

Spells
Voice of Ra - Casting Modifier: -1 / Sanity Cost: 1 / Upkeep Phase: You may cast and exhaust to gain +1 to all skill checks for the rest of this turn.

Relationship
Friendly Rivals (with Roland) - Between you and your partner, the investigator with fewer monster trophies gains a +1 on Combat checks, and the investigator with fewer Gate trophies gains a +1 on Fight or Lore checks to close Gates. There is no effect in the case of ties.

The Best of Friends (from Trish) - If you or your partner are in the same neighborhood, either of you may exhaust this card before making a check to gain +1 on that check. If the Ancient One has awakened, this card may not be used.

Personal Story
Failed

Current Action
Heading to the Science Building.  Taking the special encounter and trading the The Dreamlands gate trophy for 2 clue tokens.

Yakumo

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2012, 11:47:33 AM »
Arkham Encounters

Mandy Thompson - The items available for sale are Cabala of Saboth, Enchanted Blade, and Holy Water.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 05, 2012, 06:15:09 AM »
Apologies. I've been in the process of moving.

Buy the Cabala.

Yakumo

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 05, 2012, 06:12:49 PM »
Ill Wind Grips Arkham!
Headline

The first player must pass a Luck(-1) check or be Cursed.

A gate appears at the Graveyard, spawning a Flying Polyp.  A clue appears at the Unvisited Isle.

Hex monsters move, the Flying Polyp moves to the sky.  Triangle monsters move and the roll was 5, the Chthonian causes all investigators in Arkham to lose 1 Stamina.

The Reckoning card for this gate is Power Corrodes.  Each investigator loses 1 Sanity for each Power he has.

[12:54] <@Yakumo> d6
[12:54] * Hatbot --> "Yakumo rolls d6 and gets 5." [d6=5]
[12:55] <+RandomConsonant> goddammit
[12:55] <@Yakumo> I see you've guessed what I was rolling for. <_<

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 05, 2012, 06:24:47 PM »
Roland Banks, FBI

Abilities:

Intuitive - Upkeep Phase - If Roland has fewer than 2 4 clue tokens, he gains one clue token.

Stats:

Sanity - 2/4
Stamina - 6/6

Speed - [1] 2 3 4
Sneak - [4] 3 2 1

Fight - 1 2 3 [4]
Will - 5 4 3 [2] [+3]

Lore - 1 2 3 [4]
Luck - 4 3 2 [1]

Allies:

Skills:

Inventory:
$3
1 clue tokens
4 Monster Trophies (Zombie, Ghoul, Witch, Byahkee, total toughness: 4)
Wither (1H Spell, 0 sanity cost, 0 casting mod, cast and exhaust to gain +3 Magical combat until the end of the combat.)

Relationships:
Friendly Rivals ["Skids"] (The investigator with fewer monster trophies gains +1 on Combat checks, the investigator with fewer gate trophies gains +1 on Fight/Lore checks made to close gates.  There is no effect in case of ties.)
Buisness Associates [Mandy] (Whenever you or your partner gains at least $1 from any effect other than this card, the other gains $1.)

Personal Story:
Passed.

mutter mutter stupid cthtonian gotta toss the bullwhip now, spending $2 for healings.

Nitori

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 05, 2012, 07:54:03 PM »
Trish Scarborough

Sanity: 5/6
Stamina: 4/4

Fight/Sneak: 1/3 2/4 (3/5) 4/6
Lore/Will: 2/1 3/2 4/3 (5/4)
Speed/Luck: (1/0) 2/1 3/2 4/3

$1

Upkeep: Gain $1

If you or your partner are in the same neighborhood, either of you may exhaust this card before making a check to gain +1 on that check. If the Ancient One has awakened, this card may not be used. - Skids

After the initial setup, any time either you or your partner gains an Ally (from any game effect other than this card), the other draws an Ally at random from the Ally deck. If he currently has no Allies, he keeps it. If he does have one or more Allies, he keeps it and then chooses one of his Allies to reshuffle back into the Ally deck. - Mandy

Blood Pact
Any Phase: While this card is refreshed, any time you would gain any amount of Stamina, you may instead gain that amount of Power.

You may spend a Power token as either a Clue token or as 1 Sanity when you suffer a Sanity loss.
1 power token

Upkeep: Exhaust Blood Pact and lose X Stamina to gain X Power.

Soul Pact
Any Phase: While this card is refreshed, anytime you would gain any amount of Sanity, you may instead gain that amount of Power.

You may spend a Power token as either a Clue token or as 1 Stamina when you suffer a Stamina loss.

Upkeep: Exhaust Soul Pact and lose X Sanity to gain X Power.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Deputy's Revolver - Type: Physical Weapon

Bonus: +3 Combat check

Deputy's Revolver cannot be lost or stolen unless you choose to allow it.

Hands: 1

------------------------------------------------------------------

Lantern - Bonus: +1 to Luck checks.

Cultist Trophy (1)
Elder Thing Trophy (2)

Bravery - Any Phase: Exhaust to re-roll a Horror check.

put me back on the hospital and fullrestore my Stamina
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 09:10:48 AM by Nitori »
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 08, 2012, 03:00:50 AM »
"Skids" O'Toole

Stats
Stamina: 4 / 7

Lore: 1 2 3 [4]
Luck: 4 3 2 [1]

Unique Abilities

Inventory
$5
4 Clue Tokens
1 Gate Trophy (The Abyss / R'lyeh)

Common Items
King James Bible (Exhausted) - Type: Tome / Movement: Exhaust and spend 2 movement points to regain 1 Sanity and gain +1 to Horror checks until the end of the turn. / Price: $3

Unique Items

Skills

Spells
Voice of Ra (Exhausted) - Casting Modifier: -1 / Sanity Cost: 1 / Upkeep Phase: You may cast and exhaust to gain +1 to all skill checks for the rest of this turn.

Relationship

Personal Story
Failed

Current Action
Staying at the Science Building and trading my other gate trophy for 2 more clues.  Also exhausting King James Bible and casting Voice of Ra.

[02/10/12 14:53:31] <AliciaFlorence> Moving Lore up to 4 to do this then.
[02/10/12 14:53:54] <AliciaFlorence> 3d6
[02/10/12 14:53:55] * Hatbot --> "AliciaFlorence rolls 3d6 and gets 10." [3d6=3, 2, 5]
[02/10/12 14:54:04] <AliciaFlorence> Good thing I did...
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 08:55:35 PM by Talaysen »

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 09, 2012, 07:22:56 AM »
Mandy Thompson

Stamina: 3/5
Sanity: 4/5

$1, 0 Clue Tokens, Tommy Gun, Whiskey, Ancient Tablet, Stealth, Silver Key, Cabala of Saboth

Head to Unvisited Isle, acquire clues.

Yakumo

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 12, 2012, 11:09:17 PM »
Arkham Encounters

Mandy Thompson - You must have fallen into the water.  A passerby managed to pull you out and resuscitate you.  He claims you were dead for a brief time.  Perhaps you did go to the other side and returned with new knowledge.  Make a Will(-2) check to recollect your experience.  If you pass, gain 2 Spells.  If you fail, lose 2 Sanity.

Due to a deck stacking effect earlier, you know the top two spells are still Wither and Plumb the Void.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 14, 2012, 03:11:41 AM »
Mandy Thompson

Stamina: 3/5
Sanity: 2/5

$1, 2 Clue Tokens, Tommy Gun, Whiskey, Ancient Tablet, Stealth, Silver Key, Cabala of Saboth

Fail encounter.

Yakumo

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 16, 2012, 03:32:05 AM »
Bizarre Dreams Plague Citizens!
Headline

All Gugs and Nightgaunts in Arkham are returned to the cup.  If at least one monster returns to the cup, raise the terror level by 1.  No monsters were returned.

A gate appears at the Science Building, dragging Skids into the Dreamlands and spawning a Shoggoth.  A clue appears at the Witch House.

Hex monsters move but no investigators are in the streets, the Flying Polyp remains in the sky.  Triangle monsters move and the roll was 4, all investigators in Arkham lose 1 Stamina.

The Reckoning card for this gate is He Is Everywhere.  If every investigator has 1 or more Dark Pacts and/or 1 or more Power, add a doom token to the doom track.  The requirements are not met so no token is added.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 17, 2012, 08:10:48 PM »
Take a Soul Pact. Head on over to the Graveyard.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 29, 2012, 10:42:24 PM »
Roland Banks, FBI

Abilities:

Stats:

Sanity - 1/4
Stamina - 5/6

Speed - 1 2 [3] 4
Sneak - 4 3 [2] 1

Fight - 1 2 3 [4]
Will - 5 4 3 [2] [+3]

Lore - 1 2 3 [4]
Luck - 4 3 2 [1]

Allies:

Skills:

Inventory:
$3
0 clue tokens
5 Monster Trophies (Zombie, Ghoul, Witch, Byahkee, Shoggoth, total toughness: 7)

Relationships:

Personal Story:
Passed.

Man vs. Shoggoth, round two.  Narrow success is had wait what do you mean there's a Cthonian there there's no Cthonian there what are you talking about.

[22:31] <AliciaFlorence> Random, can you cast a spell?
[22:33] <RandomConsonant> Only if I go and fight something which can kill me
[22:34] <AliciaFlorence> Bleh.
[22:35] <RandomConsonant> oh fuck rumor fails next turn and we all get loonybin'd
[22:35] <AliciaFlorence> I think that means I have to stand around in an other world at 1 san then.
[22:35] <AliciaFlorence> Yes.
[22:39] <RandomConsonant> and I forgot to put my slider back to actually move as far as I did
[22:39] <RandomConsonant> gj me
[22:40] <RandomConsonant> Well I could round two with the French Hill shoggoth
[22:41] <RandomConsonant> Then try to stay away from the Cthonian
[22:41] <AliciaFlorence> How good are the odds of not derping?
[22:42] <RandomConsonant> I can get 8 dice against the Shoggoth if I blow both my clues
[22:43] <RandomConsonant> Think I should just go for it?
[22:43] <AliciaFlorence> Well I think if I can get out of this gate and seal it we win.
[22:44] <AliciaFlorence> Assuming nothing else goes wrong of course.
[22:44] <RandomConsonant> Well holding off getting loonybined would help. So, going big I guess.
[22:44] <AliciaFlorence> So I want to say yes? 8 dice is not too good odds though.
[22:46] <RandomConsonant> Okay, so changing plans
[22:46] <RandomConsonant> Shoggoth horror, 4 dice
[22:46] <RandomConsonant> roll 4d6
[22:46] <Hatbot> 0x01ACTION --> "RandomConsonant rolls 4d6 and gets 13." [4d6=1, 6, 3, 3]
[22:46] <RandomConsonant> Wither, 4 dice
[22:46] <RandomConsonant> roll 4d6
[22:46] <Hatbot> 0x01ACTION --> "RandomConsonant rolls 4d6 and gets 12." [4d6=2, 3, 5, 2]
[22:47] <RandomConsonant> Well at least the loonybin part is averted
[22:47] <RandomConsonant> Shoggoth punchout, six dice
[22:47] <RandomConsonant> roll 6d6
[22:47] <AliciaFlorence> Yay~
[22:47] <Hatbot> 0x01ACTION --> "RandomConsonant rolls 6d6 and gets 21." [6d6=4, 2, 5, 4, 1, 5]
[22:47] <RandomConsonant> roll 1d6 clue the first
[22:47] <Hatbot> 0x01ACTION --> "RandomConsonant rolls 1d6 clue the first and gets 2." [1d6=2]
[22:47] <RandomConsonant> roll 1d6 clue the second
[22:47] <Hatbot> 0x01ACTION --> "RandomConsonant rolls 1d6 clue the second and gets 5." [1d6=5]
[22:47] <RandomConsonant> PHEW
[22:47] <AliciaFlorence> Yay~
[22:47] <RandomConsonant> And now to avoid Mr. Cthonian
[22:48] <RandomConsonant> roll 3d6
[22:48] <Hatbot> 0x01ACTION --> "RandomConsonant rolls 3d6 and gets 9." [3d6=5, 1, 3]
[22:48] <AliciaFlorence> That buys us one turn at least.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 03:57:36 AM by Random Consonant »

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 01, 2012, 03:55:08 AM »
"Skids" O'Toole

Stats

Unique Abilities

Inventory
$5
6 Clue Tokens

Common Items
King James Bible - Type: Tome / Movement: Exhaust and spend 2 movement points to regain 1 Sanity and gain +1 to Horror checks until the end of the turn. / Price: $3

Unique Items

Skills

Spells
Voice of Ra - Casting Modifier: -1 / Sanity Cost: 1 / Upkeep Phase: You may cast and exhaust to gain +1 to all skill checks for the rest of this turn.

Relationship

Personal Story
Failed

Current Action
dreamin'

Nitori

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 02, 2012, 10:47:58 PM »
Trish Scarborough

Sanity: 5/6
Stamina: 4/4

Fight/Sneak: 1/3 (2/4) 3/5 4/6
Lore/Will: 2/1 3/2 (4/3 )5/4
Speed/Luck: 1/0 2/1 (3/2 )4/3

$2
1 clue token

Upkeep: Gain $1

If you or your partner are in the same neighborhood, either of you may exhaust this card before making a check to gain +1 on that check. If the Ancient One has awakened, this card may not be used. - Skids

After the initial setup, any time either you or your partner gains an Ally (from any game effect other than this card), the other draws an Ally at random from the Ally deck. If he currently has no Allies, he keeps it. If he does have one or more Allies, he keeps it and then chooses one of his Allies to reshuffle back into the Ally deck. - Mandy

Blood Pact
Any Phase: While this card is refreshed, any time you would gain any amount of Stamina, you may instead gain that amount of Power.

You may spend a Power token as either a Clue token or as 1 Sanity when you suffer a Sanity loss.
1 power token

Upkeep: Exhaust Blood Pact and lose X Stamina to gain X Power.

Soul Pact
Any Phase: While this card is refreshed, anytime you would gain any amount of Sanity, you may instead gain that amount of Power.

You may spend a Power token as either a Clue token or as 1 Stamina when you suffer a Stamina loss.

Upkeep: Exhaust Soul Pact and lose X Sanity to gain X Power.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Deputy's Revolver - Type: Physical Weapon

Bonus: +3 Combat check

Deputy's Revolver cannot be lost or stolen unless you choose to allow it.

Hands: 1

------------------------------------------------------------------

Lantern - Bonus: +1 to Luck checks.

Cultist Trophy (1)
Elder Thing Trophy (2)

Bravery - Any Phase: Exhaust to re-roll a Horror check.

Park me on the Historical Society

Yakumo

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 04, 2012, 02:06:00 AM »
Arkham Encounters

Trish Scarborough - Pay a $3 fee to gain access to the private library.  If you refuse, move to the street.  If you pay, make a Luck(-1) check.  If you pass, you learn an ancient spell from a dusty ledger.  If you fail, you doze off and enter The Dreamlands.  Have one encounter there, then immediately return here.

Other World Encounters

"Skids" O'Toole - At the south gates of Thran, you are stopped by a red-robed sentry until you can tell three dreams beyond belief.  Pass a Luck(-1) check to tour the golden spires of Thran, gaining 2 Clue tokens in the process.  If you fail, stay here next turn.

Mandy Thompson - The ground is giving way!  Pass a Speed(-1) check to escape; otherwise you are delayed.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 04, 2012, 03:02:22 AM »
"Skids" O'Toole

Stats

Unique Abilities

Inventory
$5
8 Clue Tokens

Common Items

Unique Items

Skills

Spells

Relationship

Personal Story
Failed

Current Action
[03/03/12 21:01:13] <AliciaFlorence> I have a Luck -1 check to make, 3 Luck, so 2 dice.
[03/03/12 21:01:16] <AliciaFlorence> 2d6
[03/03/12 21:01:18] * Hatbot --> "AliciaFlorence rolls 2d6 and gets 6." [2d6=1, 5]
[03/03/12 21:01:34] <RandomConsonant> ~

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 06, 2012, 03:15:36 AM »
[17:28] <SleepRogue> Ah. Right
[17:28] <SleepRogue> I need to do this before I forget
[17:29] <SleepRogue> roll 3d6
[17:29] * Hatbot --> "SleepRogue rolls 3d6 and gets 10."12 [3d6=6, 2, 2]
[17:29] <SleepRogue> Someone vet this and then I'll post it?
[17:29] <RandomConsonant> cool roll bro

I am not delayed

Yakumo

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 06, 2012, 06:02:19 PM »
Good Work Undone
Rumor

As there is already a rumor in play, the special text on this card is ignored.  A gate attempts to open at the Unvisited Isle but is stopped by a seal.  No clue appears.

Triangle monsters move, a 5 is rolled so the Chthonian deals 1 Stamina damage to the investigators in Arkham.  Hex monsters move, Roland has the lower current sneak so the Flying Polyp moves to him in the French Hill streets.

No gate opened so there is no Reckoning card.

Skipped waiting for Nitori's action because he does not have $3 to pay.