Register

Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 61  (Read 3099 times)

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 61
« on: January 11, 2012, 06:13:37 PM »

"Hoho, it's been some time since anyone has come this far. Let us see if you can manage to persevere anyway.

Link to the Dungeon Wiki!

----------------
Team Snowfire | Celes, Feena, Red XIII, Strago (Neo Speed), Ricardo
[Celes: Kirin , Siren, Shoat, Unicorn, Phantom, ZoneSeek, Tritoch, Phoenix, Raiden, Ragnarok]
Floor 8: Maze of Trials
*Celes has been granted Marvel Shoes
*Red XIII has been granted Mystile
Team Snowfire vs. Mascot Yuna (FFX-2)
Team Snowfire vs. Zeromus, Exdeath and Chaos
Team vs. Boss Timelord and Belial (No 4D Pocket)
*Full Heal
Team vs. Luther (Upon defeat, is immediately replaced with Indalecio and Cyril, then again with Xorn, then again with Profound Darkness)
Team vs. Myria 1 (Upon defeat, is immediately replaced with Deathevans and Barubary, then Myria 3, then with Fou-lu)

Team Sage | Demi, Toadstool, Edgar(Speed?) Robo, Brey
[Floor 3a: A Singlet]
**All attacks, regardless of original ability, are single target for this floor and may be targetted regardless of original conditions.
Team Sage vs. Chris, Rody (Firefly Rune (Not Sealstone)), Alanis and Melville
Team Sage vs. Kiryl and Angelo
Team Sage vs. Flora (WoZ)
Team Sage vs. Atma Weapon
*Full Heal
Team Sage vs. Kefka

Team Bardiche | Billy, Sasarai w/Resourceless, Sacred Slayer, Eiko, Monk, Nall
Floor 2b: The Forboding Forest
Team Bard vs. FFT Red Chocobo, Black Chocobo and Yellow Chocobo
Team Bard vs. FF3 Geomancer, FF5 Geomancer and FFT Geomancer
Team Bard vs. Mispolm, Sudowoodo and Deneb
Team Bard vs. Spar, Frog, Yumi (S3) and Bo
Team Bard vs. Scarmiglione-Z (FF4DS)

Team MICHAEL | Ramza, Feena, Rosa+Rydia(Body Charge), Ditto
[Floor 2a: The Crumbling Ruin (Earlygame)]
[Ramza: Knight, Item, Auto-Potion | Feena: Fire Egg, Water Egg]
Team MICHAEL vs. Flay and Nikki
Team MICHAEL vs. Jack(WA:ACF) and Rudy(WAo1)
Team MICHAEL vs. Opera and Ernest
Team MICHAEL vs. Killey (S2) and Lorelai (S5)
Team MICHAEL vs. Locke, Karn, Edward and Vyse

Neo Speed - The effective speed of one character is increased by 25% and increases by 25% each time that character takes a turn, this effect caps at 200% base speed. The speed of this character cannot be increased in any way, nor can this character grant or be granted turns via any manner. If the character dies the speed is removed and cannot be regained.

Resourceless - One character's spells and abilities are now free but you may not use the same ability more than once a fight. This does not apply to moves that drain all resources.

Speed? - The effective speed of one character is set to 120% (1.2x) average speed and may not be increased in any way. The rest of the team's speed is set to 95% (.95) of its normal value and may be increased.

Body Charge - Increases the health, damage and effective speed of a character by 1.3x and decreases damage to them to .7x.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 08:27:23 PM by Nephrite »

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 61
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 08:30:24 PM »
Team MICHAEL vs. Flay and Nikki - So, let's pretend, worst case, Nikki can kill Rydia. It doesn't matter, because both Rosa and Ramza have revive, so... yeah. Even if she dies, she gets brought back and this is just a battle of attrition that the enemy can't win.
Team MICHAEL vs. Jack(WA:ACF) and Rudy(WAo1) - Rosa has Hold, Rydia has Sleep. This is easy.
Team MICHAEL vs. Opera and Ernest - Same as above.
Team MICHAEL vs. Killey (S2) and Lorelai (S5) - Uh huh.
Team MICHAEL vs. Locke, Karn, Edward and Vyse - So Vyse can use his physical blocking thing which... doesn't help here at all. Edward might outspeed Rosa or Rydia and can Confuse one, but... that doesn't change anything, because if he gets Rydia, Rosa just hits her. Meanwhile, Ramza just whacks away and Feena blasts with magic.

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 02:53:38 AM »
I keep forgetting to vote in this!  But here we go...

[Celes: Kirin , Siren, Shoat, Unicorn, Phantom, ZoneSeek, Tritoch, Phoenix, Raiden, Ragnarok]
Team vs. Boss Timelord and Belial (No 4D Pocket)
*Full Heal
Team vs. Luther (Upon defeat, is immediately replaced with Indalecio and Cyril, then again with Xorn, then again with Profound Darkness)
Team vs. Myria 1 (Upon defeat, is immediately replaced with Deathevans and Barubary, then Myria 3, then with Fou-lu)

Loss.  Think Snowy gets to the final battles (though it's really close - the 2nd and 3rd fights are tough, but for different reasons), but crashes.  Just not enough resources, I think. 

**All attacks, regardless of original ability, are single target for this floor and may be targetted regardless of original conditions.
Team Sage vs. Kiryl and Angelo
*Full Heal
Team Sage vs. Kefka

Uh...Win, I think - The lack of MT-ness lets the team live a lot longer here vs....all the rough bosses.  Think that hurts the bosses more than the team here.

Team Bard vs. FFT Red Chocobo, Black Chocobo and Yellow Chocobo
Team Bard vs. FF3 Geomancer, FF5 Geomancer and FFT Geomancer
Team Bard vs. Mispolm, Sudowoodo and Deneb
Team Bard vs. Spar, Frog, Yumi (S3) and Bo
Team Bard vs. Scarmiglione-Z (FF4DS)

Win - The hardest fight here is the third one...Mispolm with support is kind of rough, and Scarmiglione is rough...mmm.   Resources may run out a bit.  It's fairly close, but I'll err on the side of victory here for the team.

Team MICHAEL vs. Flay and Nikki
Team MICHAEL vs. Jack(WA:ACF) and Rudy(WAo1)
Team MICHAEL vs. Killey (S2) and Lorelai (S5)
Team MICHAEL vs. Locke, Karn, Edward and Vyse

Wing - Simple
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 05:45:24 AM »
Team Bardiche passes pretty handily, a pile of early healing does that to the early floors.  Team MICHAEL also passes unless one of the Mana Khemia people thinks that Nikki / Flay can kill BC's Rosa and Ramza, in which case I might examine more closely.

Team Sage revolves entirely on whether Toadstool has revival yet, and if she does if Demi's revival holds out.  Lots of OHKOs flying around that floor, so if Toadstool doesn't have revival it's pretty much a sure fail.  Will let others chip in on that not being an SMRPG player.

---
Incoming Wall of Text!

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 05:45:38 AM »
Strago, Red, & Feena are largely unchanged from post here: http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php/topic,5907.msg137177.html#msg137177
Well, except for one thing: Feena now has the might of *Time Gate*.

Celes's repertoire:

Cure/Cure2/Cure3/Antdot/Regen/Remedy/Life/Life2/Life3
Ice/Ice2/Ice3/Fire/Fire3/Bolt3/Bio
Imp/Sleep/Mute/Break/Muddle/Berserk/Doom/Vanish/Haste/Slow/Demi/Rasp/Osmose/Safe/Shell/Dispel/Quick

Learned this floor: Ultima

Marvel Shoes is Haste, Safe, Shell, and Regen.  FF6 haste is a +31% speed boost taken literally; it is one of the rare things that can set up doubles in FF6, although it's still not as good as a +31% speed boost in a straight FFT-esque system.  Safe & Shell are 34% damage reduction, and contrary to my recollection, upon testing Shell does *not* mess with healing in FF6 after all. 

Mystile is crazy evade rate and general awesomeness.

Obligatory note that if you allow Vanish / Doom, there are a lot of single badass bosses on this floor, so that trivializes every single fight except maybe the second one.

Soooo I thought for awhile this was going to be impossible, but actually Marvel Shoes means this is quite winnable.  Short version: Runic spam.  Silence in FFX-2 stops Arcana and Kupo!, so that leaves Yuna with Swordplay, her worst skillset.  She can do ~.15 PCHP damage Breaks, or charge up > 1 turn to do slightly more damage, of which her best is ~.34 PCHP Holy Physical that takes an extra half a turn.  So not that much of a DPS increase, and elemental.  Normally I'd be worried about Yuna speed hype, but A) If you respect FFX-2 Haste, Strago can Rippler and Runic spam will lock a recasting, and B) Marvel Shoes's innate Haste means Celes keep up.

Longer writeup: First off, I talked with the Vice President, and the FFX-2 stat topic averages do *not* include Mascot.  Mascot is batshit insane enough on stats to actually drag them up some, so all Yuna's stats are a little worse than they look.  Since Yuna's abilities all have Charge Times, she's basically one turn behind unless she uses a physical (but she won't fall further behind unless she uses abilities with > 1.0 CT).  Arguably there should be some kind of initative bonus for the cast, since some of the cast uses CT abilities and is thus a lot slower than their stats look...  but headaches.  Yuna is ~1.09 average speed taken literally, Celes is ~1.31 speed taken literally, and apparently there's some question about FFX-2 speed respect anyway, but the general point is that if Celes uses Runic on turn 2 and every turn afterward, Yuna never gets a spell off.  (Well.  She might get off the 0.8 CT Moogle Regen before Celes' second turn if she charges that...  maybe...  but as noted, that just hands Haste+Regen to Strago as I Rippler it.)  The downside of Runic spam is that it turns off all my healing, but...  see above about Yuna's Swordplay damage sucking.  She can spam Defense Break and maybe eventually get somewhere, but there's a counter to that in Ricardo.  So:

Celes: Quick / Ice3 / Ice3.  (Quick / Life3 self / Ice3 is also a possibility.)  (Or, better yet: Quick / Vanish / Demi.  I definitely allow this but putting in parens for those who don't let Vanish guarantee Demi hits.)
Feena: Magic offense.  (Time Gate -> Unload with magic if you have high Yuna beatdown respect and think this fight needs to end ASAP.)
Red XIII: Attack.  (Reminder that endgame Red is actually a good fighter, ~.50 PCHP damage)
Yuna: Charge a move.  (If 1.0 CT, will be ready by her init next turn.)
Strago: Grand Train.
Ricardo: HP-regen song (!!!  It's actually decent, 24% max HP over 5 turns)
--Round 2--
Celes: Runic
Feena: Zap Whip, or Combos if trying to rebuild SP later
Red: Constantly spam attacks.
Yuna: Knowing Runic was going to come up, she probably doesn't try Arcana or Kupo!, so Defense Break somebody?  Then charge (another) Swordplay.
Strago: GrandTrain.  (Rippler if Yuna went for speedy buffs.  Remember, Lore not affected by Runic.)
Ricardo: Whatever.

Then repeat Round 2 a bunch.  Although Strago starts getting constant doubles thanks to NeoSpeed's speed boost.

Yuna has the ZOMG insane durability, including her auto-Safe and auto-Shell, of
3.40 (6.80) physical, 2.79 (5.58) magical
(but against the Mascot-less average, so maybe a bit worse than this?)

Still, Red & Strago are grinding away 1 PCHP unmodified damage a round, Celes & Feena got in solid damage early even if no Demi hype, and Yuna's first 5 turns are pretty much canceled by Ricardo's HP-regen buff.  (They keep getting canceled if you see Ricardo as able to play more songs under Runic, which...  I probably wouldn't by default.  Would have to look up but don't think it matters.)  If Yuna goes for Strago, he spends a turn to Rippler Protect & Shell over to him, which are the badass FFX-2 half damage variety, and he'll have that backed by regen, so he's a bad target.  But Red & Celes aren't much better, since Red has crazy evade, and Celes has okay evade, good defense, and auto-Safe.  Anyone else is practically irrelevant.  The party times it so that just when Yuna might start making progress, she dies, thus conserving as much Feena SP as possible.

I'll run the numbers if someone wants, but pretty sure this is not an issue while Yuna is locked down from healing by Runic and has great trouble doing damage.  EDIT: Derp, Strago's GrandTrain is ITD.  Since Yuna has awesome MDef baked into her durability numbers, it's actually doing quite a lot of effective durability damage.

As two side notes: No, I checked, Rippler does not get rid of auto-status abilities like from Marvel / RunningShoes.  So Strago isn't removing Yuna's auto-Protect/Shell, although he'll be Protect / Shelled himself (and Haste/ Regened if Yuna is foolish enough to try it).  Also, sadly, an MP-draining strategy does not work, though it'd be preferable if it did.  I'll probably post it to the FF6 stat topic, but basically, DL Celes (So Floor 7) drains 262 MP with Rasp (more with Osmose if Celes is missing more than 262 MP) against 150 Magic Defense enemies.  Compared to PC MP, that is 63% PCMP damage.  Compared to endgame random monsters in Kefka's Tower...  I actually bothered to stick them all into a spreadsheet from CTRL-Fing through the monster list on GameFAQs, and the *mean* enemy MP is 2077.  The *median* enemy MP is 770.  So yeah, all over the place since there are some enemies with a ginormous pile of MP...  that some of them don't even use, I don't think.  (Brontaurs have 12850 MP for you to Osmose off of!!!1!).  Including the bosses...  well, and combining all the Tier pieces of Kefka's tower into one boss (they all have 10000 MP), it's 5217 mean MP, and 1600 median MP.  So, a party of 4 Celes can one-round MP KO the median non-bosses easily, and come close to MP KOing median with bosses.  Mean non-bosses is a two-round MP KO.  However, this is all moot.  Mascot Yuna has ~2.3x PCMP, which wouldn't be too bad for incoming Quick'd Rasps...  except...  she also has great Magic Defense and Shell.  And I'm pretty sure Shell messes with Rasp in-game.  So those Rasps are doing a quarter - a third their normal power.  That can't really keep up with Yuna MP regeneration anymore.  Right, end side note.

If Runic stops Ricardo's songs, Ricardo wasn't able to play the MP-regen song beforehand, so there might be some resource issues. That said...  Celes & Ricardo will have a boatload of resources no matter what, Red doesn't use his MP in the previous fight, and Strago has enough in the tank for ~8-9 Grand Trains (and that many are not needed against Yuna), so Feena is the only one that has to worry some.  I'm going to assume she had to blow Time Gate in fight 1; this fight is a breeze if she didn't have to.

Anyway.  Zeromus's Dispel doesn't do anything against Marvel Shoes.  So he charges Big Bang, I guess.  Whatever, he's not really the threat here.  I think I just beatdown Chaos.  This is easy if Feena saved End of the World and only used lvl. 2 magic or cheaper lvl. 3 magic, since it's non-elemental, but I can probably smash through Chaos just fine anyway, his HP is not *that* incredible (Elfboy's topic says 0.74 PCHP).  The non-elemental End of the World and GrandTrain both hurt him, and Celes can Quick -> doublecast powerful magic worst comes to worst (who cares if it's resisted by 50% if you cast it twice and it hurts).

So, Chaos dies to some combination of beatdown & magic.  After that I probably want to kill Zeromus, but in general I think I'm safe once there's two enemies left.  Zeromus can spam Flares, but only at <50% HP, which he won't stay at for long.  If Exdeath picked his final form, than Ricardo plays the status-immunity song, and Ricardo naturally immunes ID (and Stone I believe?) himself, so White Hole is not a big deal.  If he picked Castle Exdeath, then he can try and kill Strago every round with Vacuum Wave, which just forces Celes to spend a turn casting Quick / Life2 / Something else.  Also everybody here can be MP-drained, so usual reminder that Celes's resources aren't under threat.  Big Bang is answered by MT healing as usual, so yeah, at worst Exdeath & Zeromus tie up Celes's turns undoing whatever they did.  Chip Zeromus to 50% HP, finish him off before he gets another round, collect victoly vs. an alone Exdeath after setting up MP-regen songs (and maybe letting Feena farm combos for SP).  If Exdeath picked his final form it totally doesn't matter (assuming you allow NeoExdeath) as Neo dies horribly to MT after form 1 dies.

Team SnowFire vs. Boss Timelord and Belial (No 4D Pocket)
TimeLord is below average speed, Belial can't inflict enough damage quickly to actually do damage.  Kill Belial round 1, I have plenty of MT if she wastes a turn on the Distortion, and TimeLord is tanky enough not to be hit into 50% HP range from incidental damage.  (And if you see him AS that frail, then just kill TL first!)  Ricardo can play the status immunity song to turn off TL's status game, so TL hits somebody (which gets healed off easily if I care, or revived).  Chip TL to 50% HP.  Finish it off in one round - a task made super-easy by Time Gate, but that isn't even really necessary.

*Full Heal
Team SnowFire vs.
Luther
*UNLOAD* and kill Luther round 1.  Time Gate if needed.  This is because Luther has MP damage and if Ricardo loses his MP, that's no more MP-regen for everyone else.  Considering that Celes has ~0.95-1.0 PCHP damage off Quick / Ice3 / Ice3 I doubt Time Gate is needed.  (Also Strago is doing the ST version of GrandTrain, so that's another .55-.60 PCHP).

Indalecio and Cyril
Cyril's elemental hole is Fire, so Quick->Fire3->Fire3 (.95-1.0 PCHP), Red physical (.50), split-damage GrandTrain (~.30 PCHP), Feena damage (Burnflare or EOTW - .30 PCHP - .50 PCHP depending on respect and what's needed) all add up to huge pain.  That's 2 PCHP damage minimum, more if Feena really unloads, even more if Feena blows Time Gate (Which she shouldn't need to).  Indy is not really a threat before Time of Trial, so throw up a giant wave of buffs (BigGuard which never wears off / EternalTreasure / MP-regen song / FF6 Haste which never wears off), then eliminate Indy.

Xorn
Xorn's anti-buff move only triggers at 75% HP, and I walk into this battle buffed to the gills.  Xorn gets one turn off ramming into my buffs, then gets exterminated.  If needed, wait a round of chipping, but that's not needed without large Xorn HP respect - Strago's doing ST GrandTrain damage (~.60 PCHP), Feena has full MP and can safely blow EOTW or even Time Gate.

Profound Darkness
Cancelling, PD's anti-buff move, only unlocks in this third form.  Even then, he doesn't have a MT OHKO, which is what he needs.  It barely costs any MP to heal the party so I can spam physicals if I want for forms 1 & 2, really, while the attacks ram into Big Guard.

Team SnowFire vs.
Myria 1
Myria1, even ignoring Agni, is fearsome in a duel but not so scary in a team setting - her MT damage is terrible.  She is also definitely vulnerable to Slow (Idle owns her badly in-game, possibly due to the coding quirk), so she isn't even getting doubles.  Buff to high heaven then win, with Red providing consistent cheap damage.

Deathevans and Barubary
Deathevans has an MT dispel!  And is slightly below average speed.  And thus will never live to use it.  Barubary has a slow MT 2HKO that's elemental.  Heal it off, have Ricardo play the status immunity song *now*, then kill Barubary.

Myria 3
If Myria wants to get anywhere, she opens with Dispel, since her status game is kaput against Ricardo.  Ricardo throws the status immunity song back up, though, so Myria is forced to dispel every turn until she doubles Ricardo.  (If she goes for damage it gets healed off.)  If I was worried about that happening, Celes can also spam Haste, but it's probably easier just to kill Myria.  This does mean I enter the next fight without my buffs, or at least with only one up.

Fou-lu
Also not really a threat.  Soul Rends it MT HP=1!  Uh, cast an MT heal spell.  He physicals and kills somebody!  Revive them.  He can dispel, too, but it takes his turn, so I can probably throw up buffs if I wanted to...  but there's not much point against HP-1.  Just heal & maybe cast Gale to keep the beatdown going.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 03:11:04 AM by SnowFire »

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2012, 06:01:26 AM »
I will again remind people that if you go by the stat topic for FF6, it does NOT take Back Row into account.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2012, 06:45:28 AM »
Not sure on Team Sage.  FF6 Back Row or no, Demi being the only one with revival at this point in time makes things interesting, as does the team not being particularly great at damage.  Kefka can *probably* be taken down since insert Kefka HP respect somewhere else, but Flora?  Less sure on that point.

Kneejerking a pass for the president, will look at Snowfire's team later, abstain on Team Bardiche.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2012, 09:44:23 AM »
Luther
*UNLOAD* and kill Luther round 1.  Time Gate if needed.  This is because Luther has MP damage and if Ricardo loses his MP, that's no more MP-regen for everyone else. 

This at least shouldn't be a worry since he regens 10% MP a round. SP could well be a completely different story though.
...into the nightfall.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2012, 12:28:13 PM »
X-2 doesn't have a blocker for Silence? Unless by silence it just meant Runic >_>
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2012, 01:17:31 PM »
Not sure on Team Sage.  FF6 Back Row or no, Demi being the only one with revival at this point in time makes things interesting, as does the team not being particularly great at damage.  Kefka can *probably* be taken down since insert Kefka HP respect somewhere else, but Flora?

Flora slits her wrists at the sight of Barrier. EDIT: remember, she doesn't have Dispel! I mean, even if it's ST, Demi just Barriers herself first and they keep Robo dead until the next fight. I suspect Barrier'd Demi+Toadstool pretty much solo that fight.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 01:31:31 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2012, 04:06:24 PM »
Luther
*UNLOAD* and kill Luther round 1.  Time Gate if needed.  This is because Luther has MP damage and if Ricardo loses his MP, that's no more MP-regen for everyone else. 

This at least shouldn't be a worry since he regens 10% MP a round. SP could well be a completely different story though.
Serape Adorno is HP regen not MP, SP is an issue in those fights though, maybe not so much in the first, but definately iin the second.

Snowfire fails, I see Cyril as having at least 3x PCHP and he's overrating the teams non-Celes damage. Wind of Destruction/Star Flare or something take everyone but Celes out and she can't bring the team back by herself. Sage also fails, Toadstool doesn't have revival yet for me. Others pass.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 03:12:02 AM by dude789 »

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2012, 05:56:49 PM »
Clear Tranquil: Yeah, I meant "is affected by Silence in-game, and thus probably is affected by Runic."  Mascot apparently has total status immunity, but Runic / Silent Lake / Delta Shield / etc. could still mess with its spells.

Dhyerwolf, re Ricardo SP: He's got 16 SP in the endgame stat topic.  Arguably this should be a bit higher for Floor 8 due to aftergame (18 SP?), although the SH3 stat topic is already a bit overlevelled, so whatever.  None of the first three fights take 16 rounds.  For the boss rushes:
Luther: 1
Indalecio and Cyril: 3-4 if Cyril blitz hype is go.  More if a stally strategy...  but a stally strategy leaves Ricardo dead, and dead characters don't lose SP, so it's actually 2-3.
Xorn: 1 if low Xorn HP respect, 2 if high Xorn HP respect.
Profound Darkness: Depends on how much I'm saving MP.  Maybe, at worst, 2-2-3?

That's 14 rounds at worst, I'm pretty sure.  And I can speed the PD fight up by having characters spam more magic.  And even if Ricardo does go berserk, I don't actually need him for PD anyway, so just kill him.

Myria 1 - ???? depends on Myria HP / defense respect.  3-6 let's call it.
Deathevans and Barubary - 2-3.  May stall more rounds if MP was depleted from previous two fights to let everyone get up to max MP (takes 4 rounds).
Myria 3 - More HP respect splits.  1-3, let's call it.
Fou-lu - 2-3.

It's shakier if Ricardo's SP holds out all way here, but he really only needs to survive through Myria3. He's not important vs. Fou-Lu of the HP-1 and dispel hax, where all that matters is MT healing.  In case of dire emergency, let him play MP-regen then kill him and leave him dead through the entire Myria1 fight, so as to conserve SP.

dude, re damage hype:
Red having .51 PCHP damage is straight from the FF7 stat topic.  If you allow half-full Limit bars, then Red's damage drops since Tifa's turn 1 damage improves, but the effect is pretty small I suspect.
Strago - the stat topic doesn't assume Circlet / Mithril Rod by default for some reason (beatdown hype?!), but single-target GrandTrain does 5146 to a listed 3641 average, or .57 PCHP.  I personally allow Shadow to throw just Ninja Stars rather than Scimitars, and all those physicals have a baked-in vs. humans bonus which is questionable, so I personally would call it more around .60 PCHP thanks to a somewhat lower average.
Ricardo's damage doesn't really matter.
Feena - Well here's the respect split.  In NEB's topic, the 3-turn damage average is 850.  In Dhyer's topic, it's 1300.  Zap Whip is ~.35 PCHP in either, though; it's mostly End of the World respect which fluctuates between ~.45 PCHP and ~.30 PCHP.  That difference...  doesn't actually matter that much thanks to Time Gate.  If Feena really needs to unload, she uses that.

As for Cyril / Indalecio, let's assume Cyril can't be blitzed turn 1.  I'm pretty sure BigGuard / EternalTreasure let me survive two MT spells anyway, even under the stat topic's HP average (I personally think that's underlevel and would use the "overlevelled" PC average of HP.)  Ricardo dies, but Feena or Celes use MT healing, and everyone else beats down until Cyril is dead.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2012, 06:22:42 PM »
Not sure on Team Sage.  FF6 Back Row or no, Demi being the only one with revival at this point in time makes things interesting, as does the team not being particularly great at damage.  Kefka can *probably* be taken down since insert Kefka HP respect somewhere else, but Flora?

Flora slits her wrists at the sight of Barrier. EDIT: remember, she doesn't have Dispel! I mean, even if it's ST, Demi just Barriers herself first and they keep Robo dead until the next fight. I suspect Barrier'd Demi+Toadstool pretty much solo that fight.

Barrier hype at this point sort of fails since I see Rune existing around this time (which also means psy equips, matters more for Rune/Rika than the other two chumps though), actually.  Uh whoo she can add str to her godly 6 mdef and still end up not sturdy enough because Rune is a bloody mdef freak at this point.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 06:44:55 PM by Random Consonant »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2012, 06:40:29 PM »
In return, wouldn't Demi's godly 6 MDef also balance the average to a certain degree, also notable when we have Gryz of the no-shields bringing it down? Her MDef may still be below average, though. But I'd personally want to see them straight numbers before assessing there. Regardless, I suspect Toadstool would end up soloing with Barrier there instead, which she actually might be able to pull. >_> But then, the rest of the party utterly fails against Atma Weapon.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2012, 06:49:12 PM »
Not nearly enough to matter, since Flora can just go Magic Charge -> *other people do stuff* -> ST -> ST again and Demi dies.

The below average claim was something of a largish mistake that I did go back and edit, however (since hey it means Demi doesn't get OHKO'd, also I have no idea why I typed 6 when I meant 10 other than the fact that I am an idiot).  It'd be something like 46 Mdef to a 41.2 average post-barrier though (assumes a shield for Rika, but not Chaz, weird but there you go, shield!Chaz average goes up to 43.6), going by Guy-Laguna numbers, but the point remains that Barrier taking Demi to tankish levels is more of an endgame thing.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 07:38:48 PM by Random Consonant »

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2012, 07:17:02 PM »

Myria 1 - ???? depends on Myria HP / defense respect.  3-6 let's call it.
Deathevans and Barubary - 2-3.  May stall more rounds if MP was depleted from previous two fights to let everyone get up to max MP (takes 4 rounds).
Myria 3 - More HP respect splits.  1-3, let's call it.
Fou-lu - 2-3.

dude, re damage hype:
Red having .51 PCHP damage is straight from the FF7 stat topic.  If you allow half-full Limit bars, then Red's damage drops since Tifa's turn 1 damage improves, but the effect is pretty small I suspect.
Strago - the stat topic doesn't assume Circlet / Mithril Rod by default for some reason (beatdown hype?!), but single-target GrandTrain does 5146 to a listed 3641 average, or .57 PCHP.  I personally allow Shadow to throw just Ninja Stars rather than Scimitars, and all those physicals have a baked-in vs. humans bonus which is questionable, so I personally would call it more around .60 PCHP thanks to a somewhat lower average.
Ricardo's damage doesn't really matter.
Feena - Well here's the respect split.  In NEB's topic, the 3-turn damage average is 850.  In Dhyer's topic, it's 1300.  Zap Whip is ~.35 PCHP in either, though; it's mostly End of the World respect which fluctuates between ~.45 PCHP and ~.30 PCHP.  That difference...  doesn't actually matter that much thanks to Time Gate.  If Feena really needs to unload, she uses that.

As for Cyril / Indalecio, let's assume Cyril can't be blitzed turn 1.  I'm pretty sure BigGuard / EternalTreasure let me survive two MT spells anyway, even under the stat topic's HP average (I personally think that's underlevel and would use the "overlevelled" PC average of HP.)  Ricardo dies, but Feena or Celes use MT healing, and everyone else beats down until Cyril is dead.
A lot of these bosses have really insane defense. In particular, Cyril takes something like 2/3 from physicals, Indy a little more than that, Myria 1 cuts physicals to 1/3 and using physicals against Fou-Lou is a lost cause. Red isn't going to be really doing much in a lot of these fights. Tyrant is also a huge, huge resource strain with his abiity to swap resistances and does a good job of weakening the team for Astral. Also, LOL at being able to take out Myria 3 in 1 turn.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2012, 10:52:37 PM »
Well, Strago's GrandTrain is non-elemental and ITD.  Red is the only one who cares about defense, but it's far from damage-nulling going on here, so as long as a stall strategy is feasible, it doesn't actually matter (say, vs. Cyril / Indy).  As for resource strains...  not really buying it.  Ricardo's MP-regen song is 24% max MP regen per round.  That is crazy and makes it hard for non-Feena characters to run out.  (Strago, who has a MP bonus from his armor and is a bit overlevel, has 520-540 MP or so, which as noted is enough for 8-9 GrandTrains, let alone his other spells.  Regenning 120-150 MP a round is plenty.)  Celes can dent this if she does stuff like Quick / Ultima / Ultima and you see a boss as non-Osmosable...  except...  for stally bosses, she can just do a simple Cure2 or Cure3 MT and enjoy the MP regen.  (Celes has even more MP thanks to a bigger armor boost - 600 MP?  So 144 MP regen'd a round?)

Re Myria3: Well, I had a range of 1-3 for a reason based on how much Ryu3 broken is baked in.  That said Myria3 isn't pressuring me at all so I can pretty well unload every round.  Even with high Myria3 respect...  3 rounds means 3 GrandTrains at minimum (Let's assume Strago died vs. Myria1 so NeoSpeed isn't in effect) for 1.8 ITD non-elemental magical damage.  That's assuming everybody else is somehow busy, despite a dispel only taking Ricardo's turn and damage only taking Feena or Celes' turn. 

Re Fou-lu: See above note about GrandTrain being ITD magic.  If you're bringing in elemental resist hype for Tyrant...  well, he can only really resist 1-2 elements at a time, but even ignoring that, don't forget that Celes has Ultima on the fifth fight.  Which is more ITD non-elemental magic.  I just don't see what this "weakening the team" is.  At this point MT healing is super cheap.  Nothing Fou-lu does is going to stick.  Really, the best that the boss rush can hope for is "stall so long for Ricardo to run out of SP, then run the team out of MP" but see above notes - Ricardo's not needed against Myria1 aside from perhaps a turn 1 and penultimate turn MP-regen song, so if you have really high boss HP respect, I can sneak extra turns out of Ricardo by leaving him dead when he isn't needed.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2012, 12:41:15 AM »

Team Bard vs. FFT Red Chocobo, Black Chocobo and Yellow Chocobo- Easy enough. The Chocobos aren't threatening.
Team Bard vs. FF3 Geomancer, FF5 Geomancer and FFT Geomancer- Hello Earthquake. Splat.
Team Bard vs. Mispolm, Sudowoodo and Deneb- Deneb no likely all the rest floating around, and Misplom can't carry the team alone.
Team Bard vs. Spar, Frog, Yumi (S3) and Bo- Earthquake. Splat.
Team Bard vs. Scarmiglione-Z (FF4DS)-Kindness rain splatter Scarm.

Team MICHAEL vs. Flay and Nikki- The team focuses on knocking out Nikki (Shouldn't be too hard). Ramza revives as needed.
Team MICHAEL vs. Jack(WA:ACF) and Rudy(WAo1)[/b]- Status Rudy, Jack isn't too scary by himself.
Team MICHAEL vs. Killey (S2) and Lorelai (S5)- Killey and Lorelai have scary ST damage, but double reviver should make it moot.
Team MICHAEL vs. Locke, Karn, Edward and Vyse- Mmm. Edward promptly puts Rosa to sleep, Locke+Karn kill Rydia and... Ramza can revive. Thinking that they can't lock down Neph's team for long enough.

Team Sage vs. Chris, Rody (Firefly Rune (Not Sealstone)), Alanis and Melville- Air Anchor Chris. No one else is a serious threat here.
Team Sage vs. Kiryl and Angelo- Noiseblaster whoever's faster (I think Angelo), smash Kiryl. Edgar>>>>>>>>>>Early floors.
Team Sage vs. Flora (WoZ) Flora likely flattens Demi even through Barrier, but I don't think she can wipe the team out in time. Edgar has Drill at this point and is at his peak for damage, Brey can use Bikill to make physicals better. Barrier should keep the team alive.
Team Sage vs. Atma Weapon- Don't think they can outlast Atma weapon.
*Full Heal
Team Sage vs. Kefka

Will ponder Snowfire's team later.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2012, 02:20:20 AM »
Heck, let's break this down.

Team Sage vs. Kiryl and Angelo - No reason not to assume the team can't clear these two fights.
Okay.

Flora is listed as being faster than Dorothy but not by how much.  However, if SDs hold true throughout (and no reason not to assume this, WoO stat spread is nothing if not consistant), the only one who has a shot at outspeeding here is Edgar.  WoO multiact speeds are hard to peg after the first action, but.

So, assuming Flora goes into "disable as best we can for the next fight" mode, she focuses on Demi, who, at the (admittedly arbitrary) numbers I use for F3, can put up Barrier to avoid being OHKO'd by a charged ST attack but 1) can't survive an uncharged one after, and 2) has no oppurtunity to heal before that happens.  The only other way to avoid Demi dying would be to murder Flora before she gets another turn, which is rather unlikely to say the least, as WoO likes its bosses durable and Flora is no exception.

So instead, let's assume that, since Demi's not surviving no matter what, she Barriers someone else so that this thing is winnable.  The whole charge -> ST doubleact still takes Demi out of the fight, which is bad for the next fight, but so it goes.  It's been pointed out that Toadstool can likely solo with Barrier on her and I'm inclined to agree, so in the absolute worst cast there is that.  Borya can buff speed/offense and debuff Flora's defense but it's likely not going to make a huge difference.

So it's been pointed out 1) Atma cannot in fact use Full Power at full life (irrelevent for the folks that use back row most likely), and 2) that while Atma has first strike, he wastes it on his taunt.  Might as well trust the guy who pokes through FF6 AI stuff since really what reason is there not to.  Held to the second point, this is good for the team as it gives them time to recover from Flora.  However, not being the sort to give much merit to first/last strike arguments based on atmospheric actions like taunts, I throw it out entirely, thus Demi gets outspeed and poked back to ded and... the survivors proceed to not accomplish very much.

If the second point is taken into consideration this becomes somewhat more interesting, but I think I'll leave that to someone who does. 

*Full Heal
Team Sage vs. Kefka - It's a pity because if the team makes it here, they win, as Kefka is much more blitzable than the previous two.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 02:45:50 AM by Random Consonant »

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
  • The Lonely People (Are Getting Lonelier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2012, 03:26:36 AM »

Team Bard vs. FFT Red Chocobo, Black Chocobo and Yellow Chocobo- Easy enough. The Chocobos aren't threatening.
Team Bard vs. FF3 Geomancer, FF5 Geomancer and FFT Geomancer- Hello Earthquake. Splat.
Team Bard vs. Mispolm, Sudowoodo and Deneb- Deneb no likely all the rest floating around, and Misplom can't carry the team alone.
Team Bard vs. Spar, Frog, Yumi (S3) and Bo- Earthquake. Splat.
Team Bard vs. Scarmiglione-Z (FF4DS)-Kindness rain splatter Scarm.

Just a few minor nitpicks here, since I'm quite confident Bard passes anyways, but can Suikoden characters actually target enemies with healing spells? I feel like I tried it once against some sort of zombie monster once, and I couldn't actually switch the target of the attack. I guess it's irrelevant if you let them target the enemy anyways, but I figured it'd be worth mentioning. Not to mention, if Sas can't heal Scarm to death, Eiko sure as hell can.

Also, does it seem bizarre to anyone else that a bunch of Geomancers are getting destroyed by EARTHQUAKE, of all spells?

Ahem, actual votes.

Bard passes. Team MICHAEL passes, too. They've got more than enough revival. Hell, if they need more, DITTO can supply it.

For Snowfire, I'm a little unsure how to interpret the last two fights. Would the turn order continue or reset upon the new opponent(s) entering the fight? Like, say if Xorn was just about to get a turn, and in comes PD; does PD get their turn when they normally would, while Snow's team's turn order continues as it did last fight? It might not actually matter, but this floor is a lot to soak in, and Snow definitely needs some calls in his favor to pass, I would say. Going to abstain for now.

As for Team Sage, I have no idea who Flora is, and that fight seems important, from what I've gathered, but assuming a scenario where Demi is knocked out against Atma... it'd be Toadstool, Edgar, Robo and Brey against Atma, who's confined to ST damage. I really don't think Atma durability was all that amazing, so I'm going to say Sage passes, unless I'm way underestimating Atma's speed.
Quote from: DjinnAndTonic
Quote from: OblivionKnight
if you believe in being a GOOD PERSON

If we believed in that, we wouldn't be forcing world-saving hero to fight eachother to the death for our amusement.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2012, 03:34:41 AM »
Edit: Piggyman, I was assuming that the round reset myself.  I'll let Neph chime in, though.

Anyway, Yuna is much more blitzable now that I think about it since Strago's GrandTrain is ITD.  Strago can pretty much solo Yuna with repeated GrandTrains before Ricardo's HP-regen song runs out, which means Feena probably can just conserve MP / SP, which makes the second fight trivial since Feena can unload against the FF final bosses.

Re Cyril / Indalecio, since that seems to be getting more attention: Figured I'd break this down.  From Dhyerwolf's stat topic:
--
Cyril:
PC HP: 6800
Wind of Destruction- 5320 Wind Physical

Indy pre-ToT:
PC HP: 7500 (Lower than the topic because I overlevelled there to get all the techs. Luckily, HP is the only stat that majorly changes).
Noah: 4250 Water Magic
Star Flare: 4250 Light Magic
--

First off the stat topic is assuming you were a better player than me and didn't have to level as much as I did, as I was definitely at closer to the ~8444 HP stat topic PC average when I played.  It's also a little weird about the HP difference between the two - I'm pretty sure Indy is *right after* Cyril, so arguably PCHP should be at least 7500 for both.  I'm also presuming that these are figures without the awesome armors you can create with that item that grants super equipment, but that's a bit obscure, so sure, leave 'em out.  I checked a YouTube vid of the Cyril fight, and he was even more overleveled and also took less damage off Wind of Destruction as well, probably due to better armor. ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGuQKqfA4xw , 2:12)

THAT SAID.  Let's just take the stat topic numbers straight-up, so high SO2 boss respect.  Cyril has .78 PCHP MT physical, Indy has .56 PCHP magic.  That's 1.34 PCHP damage overall.  BigGuard *alone* reduces this by 34% to .88 PCHP damage MT.  EternalTreasure is another ~30% reduction with some SH wonkiness, so that knocks it down to .62 PCHP MT damage overall.  That is totally survivable by everybody - the person who comes closest to dying is Ricardo, but he doesn't matter after the initial EternalTreasure anyway.  (Ricardo has 1 PCHP damage exactly and perfectly average PDef / SDef, but isn't covered by EternalTreasure, so he eats .88 PCHP damage.)  Though it doesn't really matter, I'll add that aside from Celes's elemental hax for Indy, Red has a crazy evade rate and good defense and free turns off Limits when he does get hit.

In other words, even if Cyril isn't blitzable turn 1, that just means I open with BigGuard / EternalTreasure and have somebody cast cheap MT healing every turn afterward.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 03:59:46 AM by SnowFire »

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2012, 03:52:30 AM »
I'm pretty sure there was some dungeon between Cyril and Indy (and the levels come fast in Fienal, so even two floors, which is what I recall, could mean a lot), but it's been a while.

That said, haha at SO2 endgame HP being anywhere near low enough to allow pre-ToT 2HKOs from Indy.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2012, 05:48:52 AM »
I hadn't really given it much thought, but I suppose it would make the most sense that once they die, everything just continues except on the new boss' speed. I don't know if that makes things too chaotic though

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2012, 06:12:01 AM »
Well, what does that mean, though?  "Continue?"  As I see it there are basically three ways to make this sane, and *all three* are seen in games with multi-form fights:

* Upon defeat, clear all initiative.  Start from the top of "round 1."  You don't need to know the state of the previous fight to figure out initiative, it'd be like it normally is at the start of a battle.  (What I went with for sake of avoiding headaches.  This is equivalent to turn-based games where activating the next form immediately stops the round and starts a new one.)
* Upon defeat, the battle continues as before, but the new boss / bosses have 0 initiative.  (For example, most Final Fantasy multi-form fights do this; Ultimecia's init resets every form but you can 'hold' a ready turn over into it to go right away, same with Exdeath -> NeoExdeath.) This interp would favor the player team and give them a semi-random initiative bonus in each of the next fights, basically.
* Upon defeat, the battle continues as before, and the new boss has the accumulated "init" of the dead boss.  So very little effect if the dead boss was killed right after it took its turn, and an insta-turn if the old boss was killed just before it was about to take a turn.  Beats me what happens when 2 bosses replace a single boss - one of their choice grabs the init of the old boss?  This basically is equivalent to having new bosses be an HP trigger of one single boss; do X damage, new skillset and stats are unlocked.  This would be a wild card and favor the Dungeon teams sometimes and grant a semi-random initiative bonus to later bosses in the rush...  a bonus that could theoretically be controlled by very carefully setting up the player team to kill a boss just after its turn.  But it would also favor the player-teams sometimes when they can set things up so that the boss dies just after the boss's own turn, but with other PCs halfway to a new turn, possibly allowing some instant doubles on the new boss.  This would be an extraordinary headache to make sense of since slight initiative hiccups can drastically change the optimal time to kill a boss, varying doubles -> speed hype makes things confusing and personal to each voter's view of initiative, etc.

More practically, see above for notes on Interp 1.  Interp 2 would favor my team so Interp 1 but with more turns for me.  Interp 3...  still doesn't matter too much.  The worst thing that happens is if you let all new bosses 'inherit' initiative of the dead ones, in which case Indy & Cyril would take Luther's turn.  So that would mean blitzing Cyril is out, and Strago would not be able to participate in the Luther beatdown since he'd have to cast BigGuard instead, and preferably Ricardo would buff as well.  I don't think that's an issue; Quick'd Celes + Time Gating Feena should handle Luther with like ~1.8-2.2 PCHP damage alone, and there's still Red's turn.  It doesn't matter when full-HP Xorn starts, nor form 1 of PD.  Myria1 will be Slow'd and can be killed at the 'right' time to not give an init boost to Deathevans and he now might face instant-doubles if the init lines up right for me.  It doesn't matter when Myria3 or Fou-Lu start their attack, and they can be controlled somewhat when they die as well.

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2012, 06:40:58 AM »
The third interpretation was the one I had in mind.