Register

Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 61  (Read 3100 times)

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 61
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2012, 02:03:15 PM »
Bard and MICHAEL pass!

Sage... probably doesn't pass. I'm not sure enough on Flora here. Abstain.

Snowfire's fight is awesome. Good choice with the Marvel Shoes, by the way. I would have probably chosen some kind of broken Materia for Red, though.

Fight 1: Runic hype? You had me at "Hello".
Fight 2: The breather fight.
Fight 3: Go all-out since the fullheal is next.

Chain-fights!

Fight 4: Generally accepting Snowfire's explanation here, though notably I'm guessing that Red gets a Limit during the SO2 fight with the MT damage flying around, which probably trivializes it a bit and lets the team save some of Feena's resources. Also, Ricardo should a shot of double-acting.

Fight 5: I see this fight as significantly less hard, personally. My PD respect is higher than my Myrias respect. And Fou-lu really gets spoiled by Celes of the Quick->Cure3/Ultima->Ultima.

Team Snowfire passes solidly for me. FF6 Magic skillset is broken.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2012, 04:19:31 PM »
Team Snowfire vs. Mascot Yuna (FFX-2)- Unless runic doesn't do the trick.
Team Snowfire vs. Zeromus, Exdeath and Chaos- Zeromus can debuff but that's about it. Exdeath sucks and probablyd oesn't see a turn. Chaos has excellent MT damage but Strago can soften the blow here.
Team vs. Boss Timelord and Belial (No 4D Pocket)- Boss TL is extremely threatening but! Overdrive can be runiced to me at worst, and I don't think Belial lives long enough to be a threat.
*Full Heal
Team vs. Luther (Upon defeat, is immediately replaced with Indalecio and Cyril, then again with Xorn, then again with Profound Darkness)- Okay.

I think Feena needs to blow time gate here, you don't want Luther going nuts with the MP busting.  Luther explodes. Indalecio and Cyril are a problem, but: Indaleico pre ToT is not a huge threat. Cyril's WoD is dangerous but Big Guard *should* counter the worst of it.  Feena is likely dead to the blitz due to bad HP, but everyone else survives. Long as Strago/Red/Ricardo aren't killed, clearing house is easy. Indy goes nuts post ToT but there is no way he gets a turn.

Xorn does one thing, and that is using his anti buff/debuff move on Celes to knock out the autohaste. Regardless, there's no way Ricardo has a shred of SP by the time this fight is over.  That leaves Celes, Feena, Red, and Strago to handle PD.  Big Guard+Celes healing should keep the team alive- Red is going to ge ta lot of limits as well due to the crazy MT damage floating around

Team vs. Myria 1 (Upon defeat, is immediately replaced with Deathevans and Barubary, then Myria 3, then with Fou-lu)[/b]- Myria 1 is slowable (Which the team should do). This makes her pretty inept at offense and damage.  The fight then becomes the same as before, trying to cut through her HP before Ricardo runs out of SP.  deathevans had dispel (and I doubt they kill him before he gets a turn). Myria 3 isn't too threatening by herself, but the issue becomes resource management. Mmm, yeah. Fou-Lu is quite dangerous, but he's not fast and Strago/Celes have the right damage there.

This does hinge on taking a closer look at that fourth fight and Ricardo's SP, but a pass for now.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2012, 04:49:09 PM »
super: Won't complain too much since it is a pass, but see above note on BigGuard / EternalTreasure stacking for Cyril / Indy.  Feena is dead average on HP and has milldy below average physical defense, so even a sole BigGuard vs. high-SO2 boss respect damage figures knocks their damage down to .88 PCHP - and some of it is magical.  So Feena should survive that even without EternalTreasure, and there's no reason for Ricardo not to throw up ET anyway.

Xorn's anti-buffs move isn't unlocked at full HP.  If he gets a turn off with it unlocked, it is arguable if it even works against Celes's Marvel Shoes - Dispel, Rippler, and field dispels don't do it in FF6.  But yeah, PD isn't actually a big threat anyway, so doesn't matter too much even if Celes's buffs are blown away.

dude: I ran the numbers on Celes' Ultima for the final fight re: Fou-Lu hype.  It deals 1.03 PCHP ITD ITE damage ST for the lvl. 40 average.  As noted she's regenning ~140 MP a turn, and Ricardo can play MP-regen right before going insane, so there's an extra 4 turns of it than Ricardo's SP.  Ultima costs 80 MP.  It takes pretty crazy Myria3 / Fou-Lu respect figures to withstand Ultima spamming for long, never mind Quick.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2012, 06:50:26 PM »
Thanks for the feedback SnowFire =) I really like this team. I have great respect for Feena, Red XIII and the FF6 and SH systems. Broken FF6 magic skillset and broken SH buffs/bard/dancers ^_^ I have no great love for Celes as a character but you set her up really well throughout the dungeon. Props to that.

Looks like a pass for Snowfire, MICHAEL and Bard then~
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
  • The Lonely People (Are Getting Lonelier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2012, 07:06:25 PM »
Alright, well, I suppose no matter how you interpret the chain-fights, Snow's team will find a way.

Snowfire passes.
Quote from: DjinnAndTonic
Quote from: OblivionKnight
if you believe in being a GOOD PERSON

If we believed in that, we wouldn't be forcing world-saving hero to fight eachother to the death for our amusement.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2012, 10:07:53 PM »
For what it's worth (not that I think it affects the match!), I would see Xorn's "dispel" working on Marvel Shoes, it's more than just a dispel. It also shuts off passive abilities (HP boosts, for instance) in-game. But yeah, a good team should stop Xorn from getting the turns he needs to make good on how powerful that ability is.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2012, 10:56:40 PM »
Hmm... that note about Xorn's dispel is interesting. The only counterpoint I would bring up is that in FF6, you can technically dispel the effects of Marvel Shoes... it's just that all Equip-based auto-buffs instantly recast their effects due to how fun-time FF6 coding works.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2012, 05:37:44 AM »
Yeah, you can steal them with Rippler and they pop back up. (Also, that seems perfectly reasonable coding-wise to me as a way to handle auto-status.)

That's actually another argument for Xorn's move working on them, since it suppresses further buffs, so it should suppress the Marvel Shoes' natural self-refresh.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.