Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 65  (Read 2055 times)

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 65
« on: February 16, 2012, 11:18:11 PM »

"Ho ho, let's see what you can do now..."

Link to the Dungeon Wiki!

----------------

Team Random | Fogel (Multitarget), Rune, Tidus, Marco, Raja
[Floor 1: Starting off Again (Beginning of the game)]
Team Random vs. Hrist (VP1), Evil Gaia, Big Joe, Guido and Gorudo
Team Random vs. Bronzog, FFT Knight and Kwanda Rossman (S1)
Team Random vs. Blissey, Axem Green, Augst and Lucius
Team Random vs. Mist Dragon, Whelk, Wingraptor (FF5) and Garland (FF1)
Team Random vs. Laggy Fantasy Tactics Queklain

Team Grefter | Orlandu, Rikku, Nina4 (Status Symbol Law) Rikku's Stuff
Team Grefter vs. Hrist (VP1), Evil Gaia, Big Joe, Guido and Gorudo
Team Grefter vs. Bronzog, FFT Knight and Kwanda Rossman (S1)
Team Grefter vs. Blissey, Axem Green, Augst and Lucius
Team Grefter vs. Mist Dragon, Whelk, Wingraptor (FF5) and Garland (FF1)
Team Grefter vs. Laggy Fantasy Tactics Queklain

Team Glen | Virginia, Red, Sharanda, Emma, (Speed?)  Eiko
[ Fiery Rage, Aqua Wisp, and Moon Spark ]
[Floor 2b: The Forboding Forest]
Team Glen vs. FFT Red Chocobo, Black Chocobo and Yellow Chocobo
Team Glen vs. FF3 Geomancer, FF5 Geomancer and FFT Geomancer
Team Glen vs. Mispolm, Sudowoodo and Deneb
Team Glen vs. Spar, Frog, Yumi (S3) and Bo
Team Glen vs. Scarmiglione-Z (FF4DS)

Team MICHAEL | Ramza, Feena, Rosa+Rydia(Body Charge), Ditto
[Ramza: Ninja, Item, Equip Armor, Auto Potion | Feena: All Eggs]
[Chemist/Knight/Wizard/Time Mage/Samurai/Squire mastered]
[Floor 6b: Overachievers]
Team MICHAEL vs. Altima and Hashmalum
*Full Heal*
Team MICHAEL vs. Ashera and Sephiran
*Full Heal*
Team MICHAEL vs. Sephiroth and Jenova-Birth
*Full Heal*
Team MICHAEL vs. Loki and Surt
*Full Heal*
Team MICHAEL vs. Exor and Smithy

Multitarget - All attacks are MT, however the damage/healing/status hit rates are halved and at maximum 50%.

Status Symbol Law - Team is fully status, debuff and ID immune, but has damage done to them increased by 1.1x and damage done by them decreased to .9x.

Body Charge - Increases the health, damage and effective speed of a character by 1.3x and decreases damage to them to .7x

Speed? - The effective speed of one character is set to 120% (1.2x) average speed and may not be increased in any way. The rest of the team's speed is set to 95% (.95) of its normal value and may be increased.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 01:49:57 AM by Nephrite »

Glen Veil

• Just call me...
  • Denizen
  • HO-UOU-IN K-YO-U-MA~
    • View Profile
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 65
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 01:20:59 AM »
Virginia can equip Moon Spark now, so she equips that along with Aqua Wisp and Firey Rage.

Team Glen | Virginia, Red, Sharanda, Emma(Speed?), Eiko
Team Glen vs. FFT Red Chocobo, Black Chocobo and Yellow Chocobo:  They can't really do any lasting damage to my team so yeah.
Team Glen vs. FF3 Geomancer, FF5 Geomancer and FFT Geomancer:  Also not a very threatening fight.
Team Glen vs. Mispolm, Sudowoodo and Deneb:  Virginia can OHKO Sudowoodo with Pressure, even before Water Zone I think, she can also immune sleep thanks to Moon Spark, she also can immune Water and use that to mock Mispolm's magic counter with impunity.  Aside from Virginia just kind of mocking this fight I think the rest of my team is fast enough to avoid the lockdown strat.
Team Glen vs. Spar, Frog, Yumi (S3) and Bo:  So Emma using water zone could potentially be bad here do to Frog, so instead she wastes her turn doing slumber fog or something while the rest of my team outpaces the healing damage of the dungeon fight.
Team Glen vs. Scarmiglione-Z (FF4DS): Eiko Heals him to death while Virginia and Sharanda heal/revive her, red contributes the odd physical/nukes his fire weakness whenever he hits kill range.

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 03:00:54 AM »
*Full Heal*
*Full Heal*
*Full Heal*
*Full Heal*
Team MICHAEL vs. Exor and Smithy  - It isn't much of an argument, but I don't think there's anything any of these boss combinations can do to threaten someone with as much revival as I have. Fight 1, Ditto turns into Hashmalum and craziness starts... fight two, Ditto turns into Sephiran and steals his sick defenses... Sephiroth isn't really that threatening to people with magic damage... yeah.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 04:13:44 AM »
Floor one and two teams pass. Team Michael fails. The FE10 fight and SMRPG fight are both dangerous and have too much MT damage floating around considering Rydia and Rosa's bad speed.

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
  • The Lonely People (Are Getting Lonelier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 05:31:25 AM »
I'm very curious how Grefter's 3-person team is gonna do. I tend to think that more bodies is always better, but who knows, we'll see as his team progresses. With that said, easily passes floor 1.

Random and Glen pass without too much trouble, too.

Team Michael, however, unless I'm missing something (and please point it out if I am), gets raped by status in the first fight. Altima and Hashmalum have great speed (Hashmalum's faster than a Ninja). Altima unleashes Grand Cross, which can inflict Petrify, Frog, Sleep or Confuse. It can also inflict Berserk, which utterly rapes Rydia or Rosa. There's too many possibilities for disaster there. And that's not counting Hashmalum being able to cast his perfect-accuracy Stop on whoever is deemed most dangerous. Not enough status immunity or speed on this team to handle the barrage, so unfortunately a fail for this team.
Quote from: DjinnAndTonic
Quote from: OblivionKnight
if you believe in being a GOOD PERSON

If we believed in that, we wouldn't be forcing world-saving hero to fight eachother to the death for our amusement.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 05:45:46 AM »
Team Random | Fogel (Multitarget), Rune, Tidus, Marco, Raja
Team Random vs. Hrist (VP1), Evil Gaia, Big Joe, Guido and Gorudo
Team Random vs. Bronzog, FFT Knight and Kwanda Rossman (S1)
Team Random vs. Blissey, Axem Green, Augst and Lucius
Team Random vs. Mist Dragon, Whelk, Wingraptor (FF5) and Garland (FF1)
Team Random vs. Laggy Fantasy Tactics Queklain - It's Floor 1.

Team Grefter | Orlandu, Rikku, Nina4 (Status Symbol Law) Rikku's Stuff
Team Grefter vs. Hrist (VP1), Evil Gaia, Big Joe, Guido and Gorudo
Team Grefter vs. Bronzog, FFT Knight and Kwanda Rossman (S1)
Team Grefter vs. Blissey, Axem Green, Augst and Lucius
Team Grefter vs. Mist Dragon, Whelk, Wingraptor (FF5) and Garland (FF1)
Team Grefter vs. Laggy Fantasy Tactics Queklain - See above.

Team Glen | Virginia, Red, Sharanda, Emma, (Speed?)  Eiko
[ Fiery Rage, Aqua Wisp, and Moon Spark ]
Team Glen vs. FFT Red Chocobo, Black Chocobo and Yellow Chocobo
Team Glen vs. FF3 Geomancer, FF5 Geomancer and FFT Geomancer
Team Glen vs. Mispolm, Sudowoodo and Deneb
Team Glen vs. Spar, Frog, Yumi (S3) and Bo
Team Glen vs. Scarmiglione-Z (FF4DS) - Despite the questionable durability of this team, I think I can see this going well enough.

*Full Heal*
*Full Heal*
*Full Heal*
*Full Heal*
Team MICHAEL vs. Exor and Smithy - I fail to see how any of these fights past the first one are threatening to the President...  Like, at all.  Ramza utterly humiliates the FE10 fight on his own, and Ditto has a fast first turn, right?  I'm willing to say that Feena has stuff to tip this further in the President's favor, too.

Team Michael, however, unless I'm missing something (and please point it out if I am), gets raped by status in the first fight. Altima and Hashmalum have great speed (Hashmalum's faster than a Ninja). Altima unleashes Grand Cross, which can inflict Petrify, Frog, Sleep or Confuse. It can also inflict Berserk, which utterly rapes Rydia or Rosa. There's too many possibilities for disaster there. And that's not counting Hashmalum being able to cast his perfect-accuracy Stop on whoever is deemed most dangerous. Not enough status immunity or speed on this team to handle the barrage, so unfortunately a fail for this team.

Ramza has Remedies, Rosa has Esuna, Ditto exists, and Feena has End of the World.  I seriously doubt that either of the FFT bosses has the durability to tank an End of the World (or two!).  To be fair, you might see FFT bosses as more durable!  I don't, myself.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 05:58:50 AM by Magic Fanatic »

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 06:20:00 AM »
Ramza has Remedies, Rosa has Esuna, Ditto exists, and Feena has End of the World.  I seriously doubt that either of the FFT bosses has the durability to tank an End of the World (or two!).  To be fair, you might see FFT bosses as more durable!  I don't, myself.

If Feena's the most dangerous person on Team Michael, then that's who Hash will target with Stop (unless Grandia had either Stop immunity or DL-legal all-status blockers? I dunno, I haven't played it). Grand Cross can independently inflict five status that will prevent anyone from doing anything productive at a 25% chance each. That's a 25% chance repeated five times on each individual character to potentially become worthless. Ramza can block one, maybe even two, with a status blocker. I'm trying to recall any kind of status blocker in FF4, but nothing's coming to mind. Even if Ramza and Rosa both managed to stay clear of any horrible status, they would have to spend their turns healing status.

Durability isn't really the issue for the FFT bosses for me. They're just too fast and have a fairly strong chance of debilitating atleast a couple of Team Michael's members before they can lift a finger. To me, Grand Cross is putting a lethal status on at least two people, and Hash's initial Stop takes End of the World out of the question. Although, I guess if you see Ramza + Ditto as still destroying Altima and Hash, then it's a moot point, and it does become a question of durability respect. ;p

If we believed in that, we wouldn't be forcing world-saving hero to fight eachother to the death for our amusement.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2012, 06:50:19 AM »
Grefter and I pass.  Holding off on Neph's team for now.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2012, 02:52:13 PM »
The Grandia cast indeed has a storebought all status blocker.  It doesn't stop Grandia debuffs, though, and Tonfa somehow managed to get a Talisman'd Liete ID'd in his LLG playthrough (Talisman just a giant bonus to status resist?  Liete has some hidden -1 ID resistance weakness?).  More importantly than End of the World, Feena's Tree of Life is a perfect full party heal, and that includes status.  I'd see her as Stop-immune, and being able to undo a Grand Cross rush if Altima tries that (and you allow Altima to start in Archangel form; I'd have her be in Holy Angel first, myself.).

Grefter, Random, and Glen all pass.

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2012, 04:13:54 PM »
The Grandia cast indeed has a storebought all status blocker.  It doesn't stop Grandia debuffs, though, and Tonfa somehow managed to get a Talisman'd Liete ID'd in his LLG playthrough (Talisman just a giant bonus to status resist?  Liete has some hidden -1 ID resistance weakness?).  More importantly than End of the World, Feena's Tree of Life is a perfect full party heal, and that includes status.  I'd see her as Stop-immune, and being able to undo a Grand Cross rush if Altima tries that (and you allow Altima to start in Archangel form; I'd have her be in Holy Angel first, myself.).

Grefter, Random, and Glen all pass.

Hmm... if Grandia has a legal all-status blocker, then I may change my vote, since then, it changes the scenario of "too many things need to go right for Team Michael" to "too many things need to go right for Altima/Hash." With a status immune Feena, can Hash maybe outright kill her? Feena seems to be faster than average, with average-ish durability. Hash's Meteor has a nasty charge time, though, and his physical attack isn't a OHKO. Altima can chip in to ensure Feena dies, but ehh, Ramza or Rosa just revive then. Hash and Altima don't have the resources to keep Feena in a Tree of Life-lock either. Whoever doesn't initially get status'd by Grand Cross is getting turns in as Hash and Altima keep trying to re-apply the status.

Alright, changing my vote to a pass for Neph. The all-status blocker on Feena probably seals it, since it means the FFT bosses need to kill Feena and status at least a couple party members before anything, really.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2012, 04:48:55 PM »
Does anyone know if Miracle, Pavise or other defensive skills can activate on Ashera and Sephiran's long range/MT stuff? It seems like the closest comparable FE10 skill to auto potion. 
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 05:21:09 PM by dude789 »

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2012, 06:51:38 PM »
All Teams vs Dungeon~

I think the President does pass though yeah it would be good to know the answer to the above question if anyone knows (but maybe since nobody has answered nobody does) :)
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2012, 09:05:30 PM »
Does anyone know if Miracle, Pavise or other defensive skills can activate on Ashera and Sephiran's long range/MT stuff? It seems like the closest comparable FE10 skill to auto potion.

I asked NEB about this and he says he knows Pavise does not, but is unsure if Miracle does.

I would be inclined to say Auto Potion wouldn't work against them, for what it's worth, although I don't think that changes much.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2012, 11:17:41 PM »
It's also a fairly large judgement call on whether or not Mantle would directly affect things like Auto-Potion, which take place AFTER damage calculation/accuracy/whatnot.  Blade Grasp I could see it piercing, but Auto-Potion, which is effectively more a Counter than a during-attack guard reaction?

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2012, 03:19:40 PM »
The attacks in question can't be countered either, so...

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2012, 05:56:12 PM »
The attacks in question can't be countered either, so...

...Oh.  Well, if that's the case, then I can see Auto-Potion not activating off those attacks, then.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2012, 10:51:58 PM »
All teams pass.

Except Grefter's, who of course lose to Big Joe's pro fashion sense.