Register

Author Topic: FEDL Round 1- In which there weren't enough Godlikes  (Read 3481 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
FEDL Round 1- In which there weren't enough Godlikes
« on: March 12, 2012, 03:08:56 AM »
Please note that all characters facing Black Knight, Ashnard, or Mantle users may have one weapon of their choice blessed by the appropriate Goddess.

Godlike

Dheginsea (10) vs Weisheit (Wild ARMS XF)
Cainaghis (10) vs Fargus (7)
Nailah (10) vs Levin Brenton (Wild ARMs XF)
Black Knight (9) vs Naesala (10)

Ashera (10) vs Katrina Liane Elysius (Wild ARMs XF)
Tibarn (10) vs Fomortiis (8)
Dragon (7) vs Zelgius (10)
Athos (7)  vs Charlton Blunt (Wild ARMs XF)

Heavy

Lyndis (7) vs Roy (6)
Ashnard (9) vs Caeda (11)
Idoun (6) vs Rutger (6)
Catria (11) vs Ephraim (8)

Nephenee (9) vs Tanith (9)
Fir (6) vs Eirika (8)
Lyon (8) vs Elincia (10)
Hector (7) vs Tana (8)

Middle

Nergal (7) vs Marth (11)
Colm (8) vs Lilina (6)
Marcia (9) vs Matthew (7)
Oswin (7) vs Jill (9)

Canas (7) vs Pent (7)
Micaiah (10) vs Neimi (8)
Oscar (9) vs Volke (9)
Lute (8) vs Jarod (10)

Light

Lucius (7) vs Innes (8)
Gilliam (8) vs Agony (10)
Nino (7) vs Sanaki (10)
Lethe (9) vs Riev (8)

Jagen (11) vs Oliver (10)
Mordecai (9) vs Soren (9)
Rhys (9) vs Pain (10)
Volug (10) vs  Garcia (8)

As always, you have until next Sunday...ish.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 08:29:57 AM by Cmdr_King »
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: FEDL Round 1- In which there weren't enough Godlikes
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 08:18:24 AM »
I reserve the right to change any votes after Elf & others come in and do a huge data dump.

I'd just like to point out that Weisheit's range on his long-range zappy move is badass, easily Bolting / Blizzard / Meteor level.  If Dheginsea doesn't move, this should be an autoloss for him, and my Weisheit respect is pretty low.  Just annihilate him from afar.  (if he does move then uh never mind, not there yet.)
Fargus is kinda badass in that like Eisen, if you kill him you lose.  Obviously assuming that's being thrown out, but abstaining on him anyway, don't know FE7 twinking well enough to comment.
Nailah has above average avoid, which is enough to sink Levin here.  He'll still get some natural doubles to make up for some turns he missed, and he can close out with Blast which is much more likely to hit, but there's too little margin for error here - Nailah surely 2HKOs and tanks the Cancel Strikes decently.
Naesala is doubling but doing absurdly crappy damage: (39 - 35)*2 = 8 per double, apparently.  And BK can Alondite from a distance on his turns, and is regenning 6 HP a round, and eventually Luna will kick in and slaughter a raven.

OHKO, to me at least.

Ashnard is 27 speed vs. a ~22 speed full cast average (which is probably what I'd care about when fighting general cast members).  Wing Spear hits weakness, but Ashnard is apparently pretty accurate, and is a lot more durable than Caeda, so yeah.
More broken, for all that Catria is pretty broken.

Tanith has the range advantage, but eh, I think her winning requires her running around the map on turn 1 summoning reinforcements, which I'm leery to do in a PC vs. PC situation (unlike, say, non-moving bosses).  Neph 2HKOs, but I don't think Tanith does, and then there's Wrath.

Lyon (8) vs Elincia (10)
Might win the slugfest anyway depending on Lyon defense hype, but since Lyon doesn't move, I'd probably let Elincia run off and heal up and come back and wait for criticals worst comes to worst.
Hector (7) vs Tana (8)
Sword-Tana's probably got this?  Dodgy & doubles and all.  For all that I went Wyvern Knight in-game over Falcoknight, and she should probably be held to that...  eh, will await arguments.  Suspect it's Tana's anyway.

Rest later.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 08:46:51 AM »
In process of casting votes, will probably change some of these in the course of future events

Godlike
Cainaghis (10) vs Fargus (7) - Yep.
Black Knight (9) vs Naesala (10) - uh even if you're not scaling BK's defenses at all FE10 Naesala's damage shouldn't be that low, and that's the form that's specified here.  Anywho, rips and tears, most likely.
Tibarn (10) vs Fomortiis (8) - more ripping and tearing.
Dragon (7) vs Zelgius (10) - dat ITD

Heavy

Lyndis (7) vs Roy (6) - I'll bite
Ashnard (9) vs Caeda (11) - yeah Caeda does not handle this
Idoun (6) vs Rutger (6)
Catria (11) vs Ephraim (8) - yep

Nephenee (9) vs Tanith (9) - Even if Reinforce does tilt this I'm not inclined to see it as legal, so Tanith gets to play with an angry hayseed.
Fir (6) vs Eirika (8) - Is Fir but better
Lyon (8) vs Elincia (10) - Lyon does not OHKO average mdur, Elincia is decently above so she gets to do that Amiti thing.
Hector (7) vs Tana (8)

Middle

Nergal (7) vs Marth (11) - uh sure
Colm (8) vs Lilina (6) - Likely dodges one of the two shots he needs to, yeah.
Marcia (9) vs Matthew (7) - Sure.
Oswin (7) vs Jill (9) - FE10 Jill would take this, but FE9 Jill?  Probably not so much.

Canas (7) vs Pent (7) - THE MOON
Micaiah (10) vs Neimi (8) - going with gut here
Oscar (9) vs Volke (9) - FE9 Volke.  Riiiiiight.
Lute (8) vs Jarod (10) - Thinking I agree with Jarod not deserving much DL credit for now.

Light

Lucius (7) vs Innes (8) - Lucius.
Gilliam (8) vs Agony (10) - Gutcheck.
Nino (7) vs Sanaki (10) - Well I wouldn't take Nino at 20/15 even with equal levels and I doubt she doubles with Thunder otherwise, and if she uses Fire she's giving up some attack and WTA against Cymbeline (granted Sanaki can just use forged Wind but WEAPON SWITCHING GAMES).  Equal EXP Nino is, of course, a slaughter in Sanaki's favor.
Lethe (9) vs Riev (8) - Riev is terrible.

Jagen (11) vs Oliver (10) - Well okay this is getting a vote.  Nosferatu saves the day in an otherwise pathetic slapfight.
Mordecai (9) vs Soren (9) - <Mordecai> Hey guyz 0 starting transform gauge am i doin it rite
Rhys (9) vs Pain (10) - Pain's turn 1 threat range is above average when he's fought and he can transform right off the bat.  Rhys gets shredded.
Volug (10) vs  Garcia (8) - Unless Volug's damage is worse than I am gutchecking.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 10:49:23 PM by Random Consonant »

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 08:50:20 AM »
Blah, yes, figures I'd forget.  If you missed it in the last topic, the forms specified for characters in multiple games do matter.  Please vote only on the listed form.

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 08:57:02 AM »
Goldoa Dheginsea does not move, and Wing Spear does not hit weakness on wyverns.

Anyway, initial thoughts now. Subject to data diving by myself and others.

Godlike

Dheginsea (10) vs Weisheit (Wild ARMS XF): Not sure I think Rank of Death has enough range here, or that I respect kiting arguments much in general. Rank of Death does get around mdef remarkably in-game, but hmm.
Cainaghis (10) vs Fargus (7): My kneejerk is that you don't use physicals against Caineghis and win. Fargus is pretty badass though, would need to calculate how badass.
Nailah (10) vs Levin Brenton (Wild ARMs XF): Levin loses to most FE heavies, let alone Godlikes. Evade and counters are two things he hates.
Black Knight (9) vs Naesala (10): I think? He should double, and has Tear, and yeah. I guess Blackie might 2HKO him survive a turn, but I'm not inclined to vote that way.

Ashera (10) vs Katrina Liane Elysius (Wild ARMs XF): Uh ow.
Tibarn (10) vs Fomortiis (8): One Tear and this is over, and that's assuming I decide to respect Fomortiis' def which is itself shaky.
Dragon (7) vs Zelgius (10): Don't think I see Eclipse activating on the initial double. 64% chance so I'm sure some will disagree, and Eclipse definitely wins it!
Athos (7)  vs Charlton Blunt (Wild ARMs XF): Doubles with Energy Drain. That's too much.

Heavy

Lyndis (7) vs Roy (6): Well at equal levels Roy takes this easily. No idea how big an exp penalty Roy would have though. Hum.
Ashnard (9) vs Caeda (11): Blehhh, not sure I agree with scaling Ashnard against full-cast speed average. Maybe. Still, Caeda's not much of a Heavy when she isn't using Wing Spear.
Idoun (6) vs Rutger (6): Dunno.
Catria (11) vs Ephraim (8): Low evade really hamstrings FESD in fights like these. They're kinda similar outside that, but that tips it.

Nephenee (9) vs Tanith (9): I don't think I allow Reinforce in general. Are we supposed to specifically assume it for this tournament, though? I'm fine voting that way if that's what is decreed.
Fir (6) vs Eirika (8): Somewhat similar outside Eirika's huge lead in Atk and to a lesser degree Def.
Lyon (8) vs Elincia (10): I forget if Lyon ended up OHKOing or not. Elincia kills with the quad but not the double, so it matters.
Hector (7) vs Tana (8): Armads Hector actually negates a good deal of her evade, and even with doubles should certainly have quite a bit more damage. Unless she activates Pierce. Which she probably won't. So this is actually a weird spoiling match.

Middle

Nergal (7) vs Marth (11): uh
Colm (8) vs Lilina (6): That dodging
Marcia (9) vs Matthew (7): Weapon triangle feels like it tips this.
Oswin (7) vs Jill (9): Oswin against physicals is excellent, though Jill doubles for some good damage. Just... kneejerk he kills in three and she kills in four.

Canas (7) vs Pent (7): Weapon triangle and Luna's pretty cool in a mage-fight.
Micaiah (10) vs Neimi (8): Well Thani hits a pretty nasty weakness and is extremely accurate... but honestly Neimi probably just doubles/2HKOs, she's good like that.
Oscar (9) vs Volke (9): Haha FE9 Volke, yeah no.
Lute (8) vs Jarod (10): Hm.

Light

Lucius (7) vs Innes (8): I dunno.
Gilliam (8) vs Agony (10): Uh Pain/Agony initial gauge, ??? at it.
Nino (7) vs Sanaki (10): Equal exp Nino for failure.
Lethe (9) vs Riev (8): Riev is awful. Endgame stats Lethe is... a bit less awful anyway.

Jagen (11) vs Oliver (10): Oliver's better than you'd expect. Endgame Jagen is... yeaaaah.
Mordecai (9) vs Soren (9): Fire. Fire cleanses all.
Rhys (9) vs Pain (10): Uh.
Volug (10) vs  Garcia (8): Hmm.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 09:03:46 AM »
I was sorta assuming Tanith could use Reinforce.  I'm not sure she's really a Heavy without it?

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 01:26:10 PM »
I don't see why she can't use Reinforce if Yuna can use Summon...

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 01:41:11 PM »

Godlike

Dheginsea (10) vs Weisheit (Wild ARMS XF)- I have no problems with a kiting argument here.
Cainaghis (10) vs Fargus (7)- Fargus isn't doubling, which he needs to do to have a prayer. Cain's defense is scary.
Black Knight (9) vs Naesala (10)- Abstain.

Ashera (10) vs Katrina Liane Elysius (Wild ARMs XF)- ew.
Dragon (7) vs Zelgius (10)

Heavy

Nephenee (9) vs Tanith (9)- Don't remember Tanith.
Lyon (8) vs Elincia (10)- Lyon fell just short of OHKOing average. Unless Elinicia was below average durability..
Hector (7) vs Tana (8)

Middle

Marcia (9) vs Matthew (7)- Need to figure out if any doubles are happening.

Oscar (9) vs Volke (9)
Lute (8) vs Jarod (10)- Jarod deserves absolutely no DL credit.

Light

Lucius (7) vs Innes (8)- Hitting the right stat.
Nino (7) vs Sanaki (10)
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2012, 05:40:32 PM »
I don't see why she can't use Reinforce if Yuna can use Summon...

You must be being purposefully obtuse if you can't see the difference between calling ordinary soldiers to your side to using a unique magical ability to shape a creature whose very statistics are based on yours. I have no problem with others allowing Reinforce in the DL since by the raw gameplay (ignoring flavour) it is legal, but that flavour is not the type of thing I allow, and you shouldn't have a hard time seeing why.

Maybe.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2012, 05:48:12 PM »
Do you also not allow bosses to resummon their mooks/parts/weapons?

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2012, 06:05:26 PM »
I had thought the reason Micaiah made middle was because of Nosferatu. Do most people not allow that? Seems kind of relevant.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2012, 06:13:08 PM »
I thought almost everyone did! (Not Super, offhand?) Regardless Nosferatu is not super-accurate so I doubt it's good enough against Neimi. Obviously could be wrong, I am kneejerking most votes so far.

Do you also not allow bosses to resummon their mooks/parts/weapons?

I don't allow bosses to call soldiers, which should come across pretty clearly if you read my stat topics, but I do allow them to use magical summoning if it's shown in-battle.

Maybe.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2012, 07:07:34 PM »
Nosferatu has 15 less hit than Thani, but Neimi evasion is not especially stellar, at least not at the levels I take FE8 at.  Still might be enough for Neimi to win, but I'm nowhere near certain of that match.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 07:09:50 PM by Random Consonant »

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2012, 07:17:02 PM »
Oh, I was thinking of it having its FE9 accuracy (which is weird because I never used it in 9 pretty much). Hmm.

Maybe.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2012, 03:31:33 AM »
Godlike

Dheginsea (10) vs Weisheit (Wild ARMS XF): Does Dheggy OHKO Weissy? Not sure but leaning 'nah' right this second.
Cainaghis (10) vs Fargus (7): Cainaghis is a total badass.
Nailah (10) vs Levin Brenton (Wild ARMs XF): This isn't close.
Black Knight (9) vs Naesala (10): TEAR INTO PIECES.

Ashera (10) vs Katrina Liane Elysius (Wild ARMs XF): Someone order MT damage and superspeed?
Tibarn (10) vs Fomortiis (8): Yeah Double + Tear works? Not sure, but Formotiis prolly wins if he gets a turn.
Dragon (7) vs Zelgius (10): Ouch. ITD damage. Lots of it. That's gonna leave a mark.
Athos (7)  vs Charlton Blunt (Wild ARMs XF): Nos may let him take it? Or he had Silence? Nah, Athos Res should handle that.

Heavy

Lyndis (7) vs Roy (6)
Idoun (6) vs Rutger (6)

Nephenee (9) vs Tanith (9): Reinforce? Sure.
Fir (6) vs Eirika (8)
Lyon (8) vs Elincia (10): Mmm. Dunno whether or not she kills before he OHKOs on the counter.
Hector (7) vs Tana (8): 862% physical durability and good damage. So yeah.
Middle

Nergal (7) vs Marth (11)
Colm (8) vs Lilina (6)
Oswin (7) vs Jill (9): 10 Jill could do this maybe. 9 probably not.

Canas (7) vs Pent (7): Better magics.
Micaiah (10) vs Neimi (8): Take a hit, heal with Nos, take another hit. Nuke with Thani. Works, since her accuracy is pretty good. Chance of a crit by Neimi are more than offset due to Micaiah's luck and her own threat of Corona. If Neimi goes Killer she doesn't 2HKO and is thusly fucked.
Oscar (9) vs Volke (9): Better at combat, barring the ID thingy.
Lute (8) vs Jarod (10): Think he didn't generally use a ranged weapon?

Light

Lucius (7) vs Innes (8): 2 shots of Killer Bow and Lucius is dead. Innes is 3HKO'd and stands a much higher chance of winning if Lucius goes first than of Lucius does if Innes goes first.
Nino (7) vs Sanaki (10)
Lethe (9) vs Riev (8)

Rhys (9) vs Pain (10)
Volug (10) vs  Garcia (8): I... think?

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2012, 05:19:17 AM »
Jarod deserves absolutely no DL credit.

Sounds like someone hasn't seen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C84luTcqgWo  ...  (also, Pyro, IIRC, Jarod has a Short Spear equipped which has range 2.)

Middle

Nergal (7) vs Marth (11) - Marth is a superconductor, because he has no Resistance.  That said, Nergal needs a OHKO, and stat topic claims he's got a 2HKO, and don't think Marth's HP is so pathetic as to eat that.  (stand next to boss, counter with double, then attack for a 3HKO.)
Oswin (7) vs Jill (9) - Slightly less Oswin respect.

Micaiah (10) vs Neimi (8) - Will hold off on this one.
Oscar (9) vs Volke (9)
Lute (8) vs Jarod (10) - Jarod would actually probably take this in a normal fight what with that authority and all, but think the non-moving punishment is enough for another PC victory.

Light

Lucius (7) vs Innes (8)
Nino (7) vs Sanaki (10) - not in the "Nino for puny" camp (nor the Nino for middle group!) but she's still not winning this.
Lethe (9) vs Riev (8) - Sure.

Jagen (11) vs Oliver (10) - I haven't even gotten to FE10 Oliver yet but I am utterly confident in this vote, as Jagen doesn't win barring weird circumstances.  He might not even beat Mordecai of the "stand around and give free turns out."
Mordecai (9) vs Soren (9) - Would win against Demi Band Mordecai too.
Volug (10) vs  Garcia (8) - Also maybe later.

MalcolmMasher

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2012, 09:33:47 AM »
Godlike

No votes. Alas!

Heavy

Lyndis (7) vs Roy (6) : Roy can counter at 1-2 range and heal, so his game plan is to stall until Lyn is in KO range and then finish her, while she tries to crit him to death with a Killing Edge. At 20/2, he 3HKOs and she 4HKOs, so overall that probably favors her. At 20/5, he 2HKOs and she 5HKOs, so that favors him. Ehh. Roy promotes late, but I think I can buy 20/5.
Ashnard (9) vs Caeda (11) : I don't think Caeda can double Ashnard (her speed cap is cruel) and she clearly loses the slugfest. In order to beat him she'd need a heavily-forged Dragonpike that hits type weakness on Ashnard, and there are at least three dubious steps in there. So, going with Ashnard.
Idoun (6) vs Rutger (6) : Rutger thanks his lucky stars for FE6 Light Brands, which are buyable at endgame and deal 10 fixed damage at range. Two rounds of 10x2 damage should take out Idoun after boss scaling.
Catria (11) vs Ephraim (8) : Both 3HKO, but I think Catria doubles Eph.

Nephenee (9) vs Tanith (9) : I don't see Reinforce as legal. Tanith 3HKOs, Nephenee 2HKOs and has Wrath.
Fir (6) vs Eirika (8) : Eirika just barely misses the 2HKO and that puts them on pretty much even footing. Abstain.
Lyon (8) vs Elincia (10)
Hector (7) vs Tana (8) : WK Tana is OHKOed by an effective Armads. Yowch. I can't see any reasonable path to victory for FK Tana, either; if she doesn't get Silver Swords then Armads Hector laughs off her damage, if she does then Hector takes one of his own and 2HKOs her with it. (He promotes into D Swords, she gets E.)

Middle

Nergal (7) vs Marth (11) : In theory Marth could use Falchion's infinite 10HP healing and Nergal's immobility to cheese a win, but in practice I think that sets a bad precedent. So, Nergal 2HKOs and can't move to bypass Marth's counter; Marth doubles. Can Marth kill Nergal in three hits? Yeah, I reckon so.
Colm (8) vs Lilina (6) : Colm doubles and Lilina counters, so they trade hits evenly. Lilina easily 2HKOs with Fire, Colm also 2HKOs with Silver Sword. Lilina has good accuracy (with Fire) and average evasion, Colm has average accuracy and good evasion. Pretty even match overall. But, Lilina's range advantage means she always gets her Xth attack before Colm's, so she takes it.
Marcia (9) vs Matthew (7) : WTA pushes her up from 3HKO to 2HKO. That'll do.
Oswin (7) vs Jill (9) : Oswin 3HKOs with a Killer Axe. Jill gets to pick between Forged Silver Lance (9HKO, WTD) or Forged Steel Axe (14HKO). She doubles, but I'd still bet on Oswin.

Canas (7) vs Pent (7) : Luna wins mage fights.
Oscar (9) vs Volke (9) : Oscar 2HKOs to Volke's 6. Volke doubles and has Lethality, but I'm pretty sure Oscar's got this anyway.
Lute (8) vs Jarod (10)

Light

Lucius (7) vs Innes (8) : Innes 2HKOs, Lucius 3HKOs and counters. But, Innes can open with a Longbow to bypass that counter and then follow up with a still-lethal Silver. That'll give him enough of an edge.
Nino (7) vs Sanaki (10)
Lethe (9) vs Riev (8) : If Slayer works against Laguz, then Riev might be able to... get his bonus nullified by Lethe's Beorcguard.

Mordecai (9) vs Soren (9) Mordecai starts at 0 gauge. This is a slaughter.
Rhys (9) vs Pain (10)
Volug (10) vs Garcia (8)

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2012, 05:58:43 PM »
Godlike

Dheginsea (10)
vs Weisheit (Wild ARMS XF):

Dragon (7) vs Zelgius (10) He gets three shots of Eclipse at 40% one of them is activating.

Heavy

Lyndis (7) vs Roy (6)
Idoun (6) vs Rutger (6)

Fir (6) vs Eirika (8)
Lyon (8) vs Elincia (10)
Hector (7) vs Tana (8)

Middle

Nergal (7) vs Marth (11)
Colm (8) vs Lilina (6)
Oswin (7) vs Jill (9)

Canas (7) vs Pent (7)
Oscar (9) vs Volke (9)
Lute (8) vs Jarod (10)

Light

Lucius (7)
vs Innes (8)
Nino (7) vs Sanaki (10) I don't give Nino a level penalty.
Lethe (9) vs Riev (8)

Rhys (9) vs Pain (10)
Volug (10) vs  Garcia (8)

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2012, 02:41:31 PM »
Athos (7)  vs Charlton Blunt (Wild ARMs XF) - Energy Drain x2. Athos no likey.

Lyndis (7) vs Roy (6) - My gutcheck: Roy has a shot even with a level penalty, unless you take him at like L20/1. Without one, he just munches Lyn alive. Average of interps, oh yeah.
Idoun (6) vs Rutger (6) - do not want

Nephenee (9) vs Tanith (9) - Wait, Neph doubles Tanith? O_o Um right. Considering I don't allow Reinforcements to win the battle if Tanith dies, there it goes.
Fir (6) vs Eirika (8) - Just overall superior.
Hector (7) vs Tana (8) - Nice spoiling.

Colm (8) vs Lilina (6) - Lilina 2HKOs Colm with -Fire-, which is accurate as fuck (hi FE6 Anima). Colm, however, 2HKOs Lilina. So, Lilina gets three shots (two normals, one counter) only if she dodges. And Colm is more evasive than Lilina is accurate. Yeah, think the average of interps favors him. She can win, but he has more evade than she does and she misses the "dodges turn two" threshold by a bit.
Marcia (9) vs Matthew (7) - Hi triangle and avoiding counters.
Oswin (7) vs Jill (9) - Oswin is just so damn good vs. physicals.

Canas (7) vs Pent (7) - Luna vs. Anima mage.
Oscar (9) vs Volke (9) - Volke in Middle doesn't work too good.

Lucius (7) vs Innes (8) - Lucius 3HKOs, Innes 2HKOs and Innes has better chances of winning if he goes last than Lucius does if he himself goes last. Yeah, guess it works.
Lethe (9) vs Riev (8) - Riev risks losing slapfights with Shiho.

Mordecai (9) vs Soren (9) - Thou shalt be offered as a sacrifice upon the feast of madness.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 12:42:23 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2012, 06:50:59 PM »
Lilina's physical durability is Lucius-level bad.  Colm certainly one-rounds if he lands both hits.  Lilina can definitely take this but being sure if she does requires math and laziness.

Edit: I don't know if Tanith's reinforcements are subject to her level or not (you can tell I barely used the skill), but I'm getting one Falcoknight with 30/16/6/21/22/13/13/16 with a Silver Lance and two Pegasus Knights, one with 25/14/3/19/20/13/11/12 and the other with 26 HP but otherwise the same stats, 25 HP has a Steel Lance, 26 HP has a Javelin.  Since Tanith can't attack on the same turn she uses Reinforce, I'm not sure if it accomplishes much, to be honest.  Whoo Wrath can see play marginally faster or something?  Probably needs mathing and again lazy.

Edit 2: Pain starts with 30/30 transform gauge, Agony starts with 25/30, for future reference.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 09:44:35 PM by Random Consonant »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2012, 10:31:25 PM »
Random: now that you mention it, Colm deals... 33% a hit. Lucius-level is a bit below that - so, if Lilina is below 67% pdur, yeah that probably seals it against her surviving two hits.

EDIT: HOLY SHIT Lilina is like 1.75x Pdur, that's -awful-. That gets 2HKOed by Colm stat. Yeah no she -needs- to dodge a hit.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 03:18:19 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

hinode

• Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • And ladies! And ladies who dress like men!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2012, 04:11:25 AM »
Lyndis (7) vs Roy (6) - Pretty sure I don't penalize his level enough for him to lose this.
Idoun (6) vs Rutger (6) - Idoun respect really low for me. As in closer-to-Light-than-Heavy low.

Fir (6) vs Eirika (8) - Just plain better, stastically.
Hector (7) vs Tana (8) - Glad I read this topic first, otherwise I'd have forgetting about Armads hitting weakness and might've had to think about this. <_<

Nergal (7) vs Marth (11) - Not much Nergal respect on my part.
Colm (8) vs Lilina (6) - Sounds pretty decisive in his favor right now. Too lazy to check the math myself right now.

Canas (7) vs Pent (7)

Lucius (7) vs Innes (8) - I honestly have no idea off the top of my head, but I don't enough to check the stat topics for these two and everyone else is voting this way, and my interps don't differ *that* much from the norm, so...

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2012, 07:50:41 PM »
Godlike

Cainaghis (10) vs Fargus (7) - Fargus has stats. Cainaghis has MOAR STATS.
Black Knight (9) vs Naesala (10) - Hmm. This...is not really clearcut, but I'm leaning Naesala pretty strongly.

Tibarn (10) vs Fomortiis (8) - Tear does the job neatly
Dragon (7) vs Zelgius (10) - Dragon was ITD? Yeah, that settles it.

Heavy

Lyndis (7) vs Roy (6) - Yeah, no way do I take Roy at only 20/1 or 20/2 or something. He gains levels those maps after his promotion very quickly.
Idoun (6) vs Rutger (6) - FE6 swordmaster, does his job and does it well.

Nephenee (9) vs Tanith (9) - Hmm. I allow reinforce, but this is still tricky. I think Tanith can use canto to get back out of Nephee's range after attacking her at least once, which may tilt this. That and summoned mooks taking shots makes things tilt in her favor.
Fir (6) vs Eirika (8) - Hmm. I...think Fir's higher chance of crit tilts things? Eirika wins without crits, but you can't take those out of the picture against an FE6 swordmaster.
Lyon (8) vs Elincia (10) - Wasn't Lyon immoble? Or at least had godawful move? I think Elincia just trolls him with canto. Ah, chat says he didn't move. So the only attacks he gets are his counters on her.
Hector (7) vs Tana (8) - Poor tana.

Middle

Nergal (7) vs Marth (11)
Colm (8) vs Lilina (6) - Splat
Marcia (9) vs Matthew (7) - Javelin and more canto kiting. A bit harder here as Matt has good move, but not as good as Marcia's. He'd need to crit or ID to win, his odds of which aren't great. I'm not even sure he manages to double her...
Oswin (7) vs Jill (9) - IIRC it's very reasonable to see her having the Axe rank to be able to use a Hammer in 9 by endgame. The question is, were hammers storebought at endgame? I don't remember. She MAY be able to win with canto cheese even without that, but Oswin has the edge on raw str and def here enough that I'm not sure.

Canas (7) vs Pent (7) - Luna says hi. Bad draw, Pent.
Micaiah (10) vs Neimi (8) - Nos and avoids counters.
Oscar (9) vs Volke (9) - Not Volke's kind of fight.
Lute (8) vs Jarod (10) - Raw Lute respect checking in. Aaaand Jarod does get taken against BK and Wolfqueen in the averages, so.

Light

Lucius (7) vs Innes (8) - I...think? Lucious phys defense is just that awful.
Gilliam (8) vs Agony (10) - That means Gil gets in a shot before Agony transforms, doesn't it? That decides it.
Nino (7) vs Sanaki (10) - Nino respect. funny.
Lethe (9) vs Riev (8) - Yup

Jagen (11) vs Oliver (10) - No.
Mordecai (9) vs Soren (9) - Shred.
Rhys (9) vs Pain (10) - Meanwhile, the one that starts with full gauge...wouldn't even need to. :Rhys:
Volug (10) vs  Garcia (8) - This isn't one sided in the least.

<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2012, 09:36:53 PM »
I forget if Hammers are storebought in FE9, but it doesn't actually matter. FE9 has weakness-hitting weapons are very weak, to the point where a Hammer, if it strikes weakness, is still only the same might as a forged Silver Lance. This might sneak into a tiny advantage due to weapon triangle concerns (unless you give Jill A-rank axes, then forged silver axe wins) but not really one worth having a concern over in this fight.

Maybe.

MalcolmMasher

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2012, 09:42:00 PM »
Edit: I don't know if Tanith's reinforcements are subject to her level or not (you can tell I barely used the skill), but I'm getting one Falcoknight with 30/16/6/21/22/13/13/16 with a Silver Lance and two Pegasus Knights, one with 25/14/3/19/20/13/11/12 and the other with 26 HP but otherwise the same stats, 25 HP has a Steel Lance, 26 HP has a Javelin.  Since Tanith can't attack on the same turn she uses Reinforce, I'm not sure if it accomplishes much, to be honest.  Whoo Wrath can see play marginally faster or something?  Probably needs mathing and again lazy.

I tried Reinforce with a base Tanith in Talrega and a max-level Tanith on a trial map and got almost exactly the same results, so it doesn't seem to have anything to do with her level. As for what it achieves... well, disregarding the Pegs, the FK deals a respectable fraction of Tanith's damage, about 2/3, with almost as much accuracy and doesn't get doubled or OHKOed by Neph's counters (exception: potential Wrath crit.) So if Neph prioritizes the FKs over Tanith, Summon FK becomes "attack at 2/3 normal power, ignore counterattacks, enemy skips next turn". If Neph prioritizes Tanith, it's "attack at 2/3 normal power now and again after next turn, ignore counterattacks". Either way it's a useful option in theory.

Under my interpretations, it doesn't actually make a difference here, to my surprise. See, Nephenee 2HKOs Tanith, and I don't allow Tanith to avoid Neph until the reinforcements die off. She could box Neph in with four reinforcements, except after the second round of attacks she'll only have three left (both Jav Pegs and the second FK.) So: Tanith summons FK, FK hits Neph, Neph hits Tanith. If Tanith attacks Neph again, she dies to the counter. (She can't delay and let her minions weaken Neph first, because they act after the player turn in game.) If Tanith summons again, three FK hits aren't enough to kill Neph (even with some Peg contribution) and Neph finishes Tanith.

Oswin (7) vs Jill (9) - IIRC it's very reasonable to see her having the Axe rank to be able to use a Hammer in 9 by endgame. The question is, were hammers storebought at endgame? I don't remember. She MAY be able to win with canto cheese even without that, but Oswin has the edge on raw str and def here enough that I'm not sure.

According to Serenes Forest, Hammers are buyable in specifically Normal Mode Chapter 21 (the fight in Castle Daein, boss: Ena) and never again. They're only D rank, so there's no question that Jill has the capability to use them if they're legit. FE9 slayer weapons only get x2 Might, though, so an effective Hammer is 20 Mt / 55 Hit. If you allow Jill Forged Silver Axes (21/70) she would prefer those. If you don't, Forged Steel Axe is 16/65, Forged Silver Lance is 20/75 but should give Oswin the weapon triangle advantage. Should you allow forging to add +Hit, the unforgeable Hammer's relative accuracy plummets, also.

I do not allow A-rank secondaries or significant +Hit forging, so the Hammer is probably Jill's best weapon here, but it's not enough to save her; she still 8HKOs Oswin (and doubles) while he merely 3HKOs back. She would need a large accuracy/evasion lead and with a Hammer that ain't happenin'. As for Canto, Oswin doesn't mind dealing all his damage through counters, so I don't think that'll save her.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 09:44:12 PM by MalcolmMasher »