Register

Author Topic: Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 68  (Read 1278 times)

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 68
« on: April 07, 2012, 11:08:26 PM »

"Thus, we begin a new cycle. Let's see if I can spruce things up a little around here..."

Link to the Dungeon Wiki!

----------------

Team OK | Yuri1, Yuri2, Nash, Adray, Robo
[Floor 1: Starting off Again (Beginning of the game)]
Team OK vs. Hrist (VP1), Evil Gaia, Big Joe, Guido and Gorudo
Team OK vs. Bronzog, FFT Knight and Kwanda Rossman (S1)
Team OK vs. Blissey, Axem Green, Augst and Lucius
Team OK vs. Mist Dragon, Whelk, Wingraptor (FF5) and Garland (FF1)
Team OK vs. Laggy Fantasy Tactics Queklain

Team Monkey | Rikku, Virginia, KOS-MOS (Body Charge), Nall
Team Monkey vs. Hrist (VP1), Evil Gaia, Big Joe, Guido and Gorudo
Team Monkey vs. Bronzog, FFT Knight and Kwanda Rossman (S1)
Team Monkey vs. Blissey, Axem Green, Augst and Lucius
Team Monkey vs. Mist Dragon, Whelk, Wingraptor (FF5) and Garland (FF1)
Team Monkey vs. Laggy Fantasy Tactics Queklain

Team Trips | Yuri, Fogel, Cielo, Yukiko, FF5 Mime (SSL)
[Floor 2a: The Crumbling Ruin (Earlygame)]
Team Trips vs. Flay and Nikki
Team Trips vs. Jack(WA:ACF) and Rudy(WAo1)
Team Trips vs. Opera and Ernest
Team Trips vs. Killey (S2) and Lorelai (S5)
Team Trips vs. Locke, Karn, Edward and Vyse

Team Random | Fogel (Multitarget), Rune, Tidus, Marco, Raja
[Floor 4: Diff'rent Strokes]
Team Random vs. Hahn, Tia, Luna, Mareg and Shana
Team Random vs. Palom, Porom, Edward, Cid and Yang
Team Random vs. Albel, Adray, Noel and Chisato
Team Random vs. Yumei, Badrach, Aelia, Lorenta and Grey
Team Random vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf, Olan and Reis

Multitarget - All attacks are MT, however the damage/healing/status hit rates are halved and at maximum 50%.

Status Symbol Law - Team is fully status, debuff and ID immune, but has damage done to them increased by 1.1x and damage done by them decreased to .9x.

Body Charge - Increases the health, damage and effective speed of a character by 1.3x and decreases damage to them to .7x, but increases the cost of the character by 1.5x (rounded to nearest half point, .5s are 1.0s).

Glen Veil

• Just call me...
  • Denizen
  • HO-UOU-IN K-YO-U-MA~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 02:42:24 AM »
Oh wow, Monkey has a team of all people I know, cool.

Team Monkey vs. Hrist (VP1), Evil Gaia, Big Joe, Guido and Gorudo - Scrubs vs Rikku early Grenades
Team Monkey vs. Bronzog, FFT Knight and Kwanda Rossman (S1) - Virginia can hit Weakness on Bronzong after an attack, Rikku can probably chuck a Grenade before she probably dies, pretty sury Ginny can duo the fight either way afterwards.
Team Monkey vs. Blissey, Axem Green, Augst and Lucius - Body Charge Kosmos probably ohko's Blissey or Axem Green or something, not to mention the dungeon fight lacks offense.
Team Monkey vs. Mist Dragon, Whelk, Wingraptor (FF5) and Garland (FF1) - at least two of these are scrub bosses that rely on you to attack them during a counter phase to do anything threatening, whatever.
Team Monkey vs. Laggy Fantasy Tactics Queklain - This is actually kind of scary, I don't think Monkey gets any status curing until Ginny gets Flash hit on Ginny which is like floor 3/4, wait right, Rikku can cure status with Overdrive, hmmm. Uhh, Grenades could Arguably be seen as doing not amazing damage at this point and hmm.  Guessing, Quek is fast, so he Chicken Races Kos-Mos, Rikku and Ginny throw down damage, Rikku get's Chicken Raced, Ginny throws out a spell and hmm going to kneejerk that Grenade + Early game Ginny SPell is enough to kill Quek since Arms won't be getting upgrades this early to raise the curve.

Kneejerk Pass unless someone feels like further analyzing the Quek fight.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 68
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 02:00:32 PM »
Pass to trips, pretty sure Fogel smashes that floor hard.

Team Random vs. Hahn, Tia, Luna, Mareg and Shana- Fogel+Rune should be able to blitz this effectively.
Team Random vs. Palom, Porom, Edward, Cid and Yang- I don't think Yang can put either Rune or Fogel to sleep turn one, which remove any possible problems.
Team Random vs. Albel, Adray, Noel and Chisato- Fogel+Tidus+Rune should be able to kill Adray. Albel can confuse someone, but it isn't enough.
Team Random vs. Yumei, Badrach, Aelia, Lorenta and Grey- Rune+Fogel MT is just on crack offense for this point in the dungeon. Odds are pretty good their combined MT will frag the mages.
Team Random vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf, Olan and Reis- Good question, will wait for an RH player.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 07:51:32 PM »
Marco is a hair below average speed, about .9 on both durabilities, and has (not great) healing, revival, defense/magic buffing, and most importantly, giving allies free turns with Trans-turn, so basically unless he needs to heal/cure status/revive/buff people, each turn he gets may as well be an extra turn for another member of my team.  Tidus should have Slowga at this point which should let Marco beat out average speed people turn 1 as well.  Granted, IIRC the entire FFT fight can block Slow (except maybe Olan but I forget what his starting equipment is), so I dunno how much that changes things in the end right now.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 05:24:42 AM »
Team OK | Yuri1, Yuri2, Nash, Adray, Robo
Team OK vs. Hrist (VP1), Evil Gaia, Big Joe, Guido and Gorudo- No sealstone. I mean...one of the speed ones if completely free. Odd.
Team OK vs. Bronzog, FFT Knight and Kwanda Rossman (S1)
Team OK vs. Blissey, Axem Green, Augst and Lucius
Team OK vs. Mist Dragon, Whelk, Wingraptor (FF5) and Garland (FF1)
Team OK vs. Laggy Fantasy Tactics Queklain

Team Monkey vs. Hrist (VP1), Evil Gaia, Big Joe, Guido and Gorudo
Team Monkey vs. Bronzog, FFT Knight and Kwanda Rossman (S1)
Team Monkey vs. Blissey, Axem Green, Augst and Lucius
Team Monkey vs. Mist Dragon, Whelk, Wingraptor (FF5) and Garland (FF1)
Team Monkey vs. Laggy Fantasy Tactics Queklain- Probably more likely to see Grenades as 55% ITD floor 1 (Since...Auron weaving in earlier gives this as the average). Also, not sure Virginia can cast a spell turn 1 yet (Needs to start L10, which...stretching level wise could be correct, but it's worth noting that may be the amount you start floor 2 at).
Key Things:
1. Does Queklain have support to get credit?
2. Rikku at endgame is 145% speed turn 1? Right now...Rikku, Auron, Tidus. She's probably slower than 138% speed turn 1 now?
Yes to both questions is fail. Tentative fail at the moment, but it hinges out those questions.

Team Trips | Yuri, Fogel, Cielo, Yukiko, FF5 Mime (SSL). Mime usually mimics...Cielo I guess? Yuri is Mime's a bit above average, Cielo below.
[Floor 2a: The Crumbling Ruin (Earlygame)]
Team Trips vs. Flay and Nikki
Team Trips vs. Jack(WA:ACF) and Rudy(WAo1)
Team Trips vs. Opera and Ernest
Team Trips vs. Killey (S2) and Lorelai (S5)
Team Trips vs. Locke, Karn, Edward and Vyse- Fogel is nasty with 70% damage off that speed. He can also take the SSL durability hit.

Team Random vs. Hahn, Tia, Luna, Mareg and Shana- Fogel+Rune+Marco going before the brunt of the team
Team Random vs. Palom, Porom, Edward, Cid and Yang- Not sure where I would fall on Fogel not getting statused by Yang turn 1, but it doesn't matter. Edward's status on average doesn't get a potent Turn 1 effect versus Fogel, Rune has the mental resistance, and Marco will outspeed the twins, meaning Rune would get two turns for Iding at worst.
Team Random vs. Albel, Adray, Noel and Chisato
Team Random vs. Yumei, Badrach, Aelia, Lorenta and Grey
Team Random vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf, Olan and Reis- Still running on the assumption that Cloud and Olan's status comes off at like 50% speed.

...into the nightfall.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 68
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 05:32:05 AM »
1. LFT Queklain fights with two Knights. They initially block the path to him but as the fight goes on you may be able to circumvent them (and can do so at any time with Fly/Teleport/ranged attacks) and do not need to be killed to end the fight. Scale as you will.

2. The FFX speed curve is less pronounced early in the game.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 05:57:00 PM »
So...  assuming no Overdrive for Rikku: Chicken KOS, Grenade + Virginia turn, Chicken Rikku, Virginia turn, Chicken Virginia.  No spells for Virginia isn't THAT bad, since the damage curve should adjust downward some anyway, and I seem to recall Virginia's untwinked physicals not failing TOO badly at game start compared to at endgame.  And Grenade is pretty good floor 1, if Queklain is "PCish" then Grenade + 2 Virginia turns could well be fatal if Virginia can do at least half average damage, not a high bar to clear.

Assuming OD for Rikku: can't she just mix two grenades and exterminate Quek for super damage?  I dunno, this is where Rikku cheese comes in, since walking into fights off high init and with OD trivializes them, but I suppose she is a 4.0 pick.  That said, even with just Stoic OD, pretty sure Mist Dragon's counters were MT, so just leave Mist Dragon or Whelk alive, then poke them into counters whenever they're in the "wrong" state.  Even if you allow enemy AI to avoid voluntarily giving Rikku an OD, they can't turn off those counters, so.  Anyway, this means the turn order is Chicken Rikku, KOS turn + Virginia turn, Chicken KOS, Virginia turn.  BAse KOS should be doing, what, 50% PCHP damage at least right now, and BC makes that even better, so think Monkey has this.  Pass, but a 3 person team is certainly a way to make Queklain exciting.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 08:21:42 PM »
Switching vote to Monkey's team to yes since I remembered that Use doubles Rikku's speed, meaning she should get two turns.
...into the nightfall.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2012, 07:58:13 AM »
Also, pass to everyone.  The only chancy fight is Random vs. FFT, because Olan is pretty badass.  I enforce charge times, but Galaxy Stop's CT isn't quite as horrible as others (20 = 5 ticks = same as Bolt2), and moreover using hypothetical endgame PC Olan doesn't sit well with me.  The CT cost is fixed and is relatively less important when everyone is slower at the start of Chapter 3.  Also, when enforcing charge times, some class's best damage is off CT anyway, so they have lower effective speed, which drives the effective speed average down a bit.  That said...  with a speed average of say 7 for Chapter 3 start (=14 ticks), 5 ticks is still a ~third of an average turn, so even Olan's good speed doesn't save Galaxy Stop from being below average speed.  That said he & Cloud both do kind of need to die quickly, but think Random handles it.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2012, 03:35:58 PM »
All pass.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2012, 03:51:59 AM »
Pass to Floor 1 teams.
Abstain on Trips.
Pass to Random. Keep on keeping on, Marco.