imageRegister

Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 70  (Read 2141 times)

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 70
« on: April 28, 2012, 01:31:33 AM »

"Hahaha! I've made some changes... let's see if you like them."

Link to the Dungeon Wiki!

----------------

Team OK | Yuri1, Yuri2, Nash, Adray, Robo
[Floor 3a: A Singlet (Before Midgame)]
**All attacks, regardless of original ability, are single target for this floor and may be targetted regardless of original conditions.
Team OK vs. Chris, Rody (Firefly Rune (Not Sealstone)), Alanis and Melville
Team OK vs. Flora (WoZ)
Team OK vs. Atma Weapon
*Full Heal
Team OK vs. Evrae and Defender X
Team OK vs. FF5 Atomos

Team Monkey | Rikku, Virginia, KOS-MOS (Body Charge), Nall
[Floor 3b: Multiply (Before Midgame)] [Flash Hit, Fiery Rage and Moon Spark]
**All attacks, regardless of original ability, hit either all enemies or all allies for this floor.
Team Monkey vs. Raquel (WA4), Rudy (WA1) and Brad (WA2)
Team Monkey vs. FF1 White Wizard, FFT Priest, FF5 White Mage, FF3DS White Mage and FFX-2 White Mage
Team Monkey vs. Alma, Kresnik, Ricardo and Marco (RH)
Team Monkey vs. Boss Magus and Dalton
*Full Heal
Team Monkey vs. Lady Harken (ACF) and Zeikfried (ACF)

Team Trips | Yuri1, Fogel, Cielo, Yukiko, FF5 Mime (SSL)
[Floor 4: Diff'rent Strokes (Midgame)]
Team Trips vs. Hahn, Tia, Luna, Mareg and Shana
Team Trips vs. Palom, Porom, Edward, Cid and Yang
Team Trips vs. Albel, Adray, Noel and Chisato
Team Trips vs. Yumei, Badrach, Aelia, Lorenta and Grey
Team Trips vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf, Olan and Reis

Team Random | Fogel, Rune, Tidus  Marco, Raja (MT)
[Floor 6b: Overachievers (Before Endgame)]
Team Random vs. Altima and Hashmalum
*Full Heal*
Team Random vs. Cloud of Darkness and Xande
*Full Heal*
Team Random vs. Sephiroth and Jenova-Birth
*Full Heal*
Team Random vs. Loki and Surt
*Full Heal*
Team Random vs. Exor and Smithy

Multitarget - All attacks are MT, however the damage/healing/status hit rates are halved and at maximum 50%.

Status Symbol Law - Team is fully status, debuff and ID immune, but has damage done to them increased by 1.1x and damage done by them decreased to .9x.

Body Charge - Increases the health, damage and effective speed of a character by 1.3x and decreases damage to them to .7x, but increases the cost of the character by 1.5x (rounded to nearest half point, .5s are 1.0s).

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 70
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 01:49:58 AM »
Not voting yet but wouldn't be shocked if people saw me crashing and burning.  Other teams are too full of people I don't know.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 02:37:56 AM »
Your team at least doesn't give me the gut reaction that Trips does. Yang has...an ice/status attack. He is getting Yukiko, Cielo AND Yuri round 1.
...into the nightfall.

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 02:55:29 AM »
I might see Status Symbol protecting against that. ...Well, perhaps the knock-down part, but not Yang getting an extra turn part.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 03:16:37 AM »
Oh duh, completely missed that! I wonder...that would make made the fight with Magus worse too, but oh well. I think SSL reminded me of SL instead of what it really was.
...into the nightfall.

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 03:27:24 AM »
I would definitely see them still weak to whatever and YMMV on the actual knock down thing (since there's really no way to prevent it in-game).

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2012, 05:14:08 PM »
Knock Down is definitely what causes the extra turn, though. (Take bosses that can't be knocked down as the perfect example. A crit against Mitsuo the Hero will not give an extra turn.) So yeah, immunity to knock-down almost certainly prevents extra attacks.

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2012, 05:17:19 PM »
Is that also true in DDS?

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2012, 05:21:37 PM »
No, but the status needs to land to get the extra turn, so SSL stops that one too.

Edit: Also, physicals with status attached count as physical attacks, not status, so Yang's attack gets nowhere either way.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2012, 06:48:04 AM »
Team OK | Yuri1, Yuri2, Nash, Adray, Robo
[Floor 3a: A Singlet (Before Midgame)]
**All attacks, regardless of original ability, are single target for this floor and may be targetted regardless of original conditions.
Team OK vs. Chris, Rody (Firefly Rune (Not Sealstone)), Alanis and Melville
Team OK vs. Flora (WoZ)
Team OK vs. Atma Weapon
*Full Heal
Team OK vs. Evrae and Defender X- Well, cool to see them pop up again, but now in a very nasty format.
Evrae- 2.5 PC HP, halves Lightning, 100% Stone+Slow, 45% Physical, 110% Speed (Yuris and Adray can block Stone, but not Slow)
Defender X- 3 PC HP (Say for the sake here, although could be a little higher), 15 PC HP Pdur (Not too important minus for Yuri 2, so who runs physical)
counters every 3 attacks with 50% MHP damage and 50% Delay to next turn, massive damage but arguably usable only once again 4 turns (But good to go turn 1 to me at least), 60% HP damage otherwise, 96% SPeed

Status healers are Yuri 1, Yuri 2, and (I was going to say Adray, but he learns it at 29, which is half through level wise, but EXP took a crazy hike on Styx IIRC), with Yuri 1 and Yuri 2 also being the revivers. Not sure who they should go after first.
Nash->Yuri1->Evrae->Yuri 2->Defender X->Adray->Robo
Nash can do average to Defender X, Yuri 1 can do maybe 50% to Defender X, Evrae will status Yuri 2 (now after Defender X), Defender X will kill Yuri 1, Yuri 2 will revive Yuri 1 (Turn resets and Evrae is faster next turn). I had more written but I just remembered that upon death and revival Yuri 1 basically loses everything if he spent the 1st turn transformed (minus Yuri 2 using the Howling, which is two turns to set up, one of which comes at 55% speed). If he doesn't transform turn 1, then they will switch to slowing Yuri 1 and killing Yuri 2, and next turn they will be faster than Yuri 1 and combine to kill him. This would leave no revivers. Call this a loss.

Team OK vs. FF5 Atomos

Team Monkey | Rikku, Virginia, KOS-MOS (Body Charge), Nall
[Floor 3b: Multiply (Before Midgame)] [Flash Hit, Fiery Rage and Moon Spark]
**All attacks, regardless of original ability, hit either all enemies or all allies for this floor.
Team Monkey vs. Raquel (WA4), Rudy (WA1) and Brad (WA2)- First, yay at this being changed. No more questions about FE versus MT. There can be a very worries here for teams theoretically(most caused by Raquel). Red Zone is bad news, and when using using, Blockers is also pretty bad. Not...in this case.
Team Monkey vs. FF1 White Wizard, FFT Priest, FF5 White Mage, FF3DS White Mage and FFX-2 White Mage- Grenade's now semi lagging damage+KOS-MOS smash
Team Monkey vs. Alma, Kresnik, Ricardo and Marco (RH)
Team Monkey vs. Boss Magus and Dalton
*Full Heal
Team Monkey vs. Lady Harken (ACF) and Zeikfried (ACF)- The elemental gems for Rikku are great here. They unfocus against multiple enemies...except they become MT for all hits. That should take care of Harken. This team works very well on the MT floor.

Other two later
...into the nightfall.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2012, 08:17:12 PM »
Oh, Fogel is assumed to be able to target all his attacks at one person, I'm guessing? Were there any row limitations in game to basic physical attacks too?
...into the nightfall.

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2012, 11:18:45 PM »
None that I am aware of.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2012, 12:42:53 AM »
Oh, Fogel is assumed to be able to target all his attacks at one person, I'm guessing? Were there any row limitations in game to basic physical attacks too?

Normal physicals can't target the back row units if someone in front is protecting them.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2012, 03:38:11 AM »
Uh...does that still hold Neph? Because if it does, Trips loses. He will be unable to target Shana, and she will unleash MT pain that also heals up from Yuri's attacking. Cielo, Yukiko and Mime will be unable to kill everyone needed (Which is to say really anyone, I think. Without an intermediate healing, either Hahn, Luna or Mareg will all spell serious issues. At least Mareg will leave Yukiko alive likely, but Shana will pick her off the next turn)
...into the nightfall.

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2012, 05:01:34 AM »
I wouldn't really hold front row/back row things like that unless it's a specific fight set up in a specific way to allow it.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2012, 06:05:41 AM »
Team Trips | Yuri1, Fogel, Cielo, Yukiko, FF5 Mime (SSL)
[Floor 4: Diff'rent Strokes (Midgame)]
Team Trips vs. Hahn, Tia, Luna, Mareg and Shana- Okay, should be find here. Fogel kills Shana, and the rest combine to clean up.
Team Trips vs. Palom, Porom, Edward, Cid and Yang- Well, here at least rows probably matter for Fogel a bit though? Doesn't really matter though in this case.
Team Trips vs. Albel, Adray, Noel and Chisato
Team Trips vs. Yumei, Badrach, Aelia, Lorenta and Grey- So, Fogel and Yuri can combine to kill someone (Lorenta is the obvious choice, otherwise she'd just revive whoever) with some spillover damage from Yuri. The fighters will then kill Yuri. Yuri's MT+Cielo's+Mime's will do...40%+30%+30ish%. So strong choice neither Grey nor Aelia die (Been overrating Yuri's damage a bit I think. He probably doesn't have a better edge than he does comparing Amon to endgame PCs, so 45%ish base). This depends on speed (VP faster than Cielo and Mime would be bad) although I'm assuming they that should be okay.
Team Trips vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf, Olan and Reis-

Team Random | Fogel, Rune, Tidus  Marco, Raja (MT)
[Floor 6b: Overachievers (Before Endgame)]
Team Random vs. Altima and Hashmalum- Haha these two. No skillset without taking damage and half HP and not effectively very fast. At least Hash can status (a single person) now
*Full Heal*
Team Random vs. Cloud of Darkness and Xande- Xande is generally biting it prior to getting a turn leaving CoD, so is mostly ST.
*Full Heal*
Team Random vs. Sephiroth and Jenova-Birth- Well, Sephiroth probably spends turn 1 flying. In that case, things depend on Rune getting enough turns to off him before he can act again. I think this should be fine as Rune will be his turn, a Marco trans-turn, and Tidus doubling his speed, should let him slip in the next versus Sephy. There is the question mark of Jenova-Birth (assumed to be able to triple act and focus the physical? Probably not. Stop? Wide variance noted), but...
*Full Heal*
Team Random vs. Loki and Surt- Loki and Surt are dangerous because Surt can Might Reinforce Loki, who can then splatter walls. I don't have too great a handle on Surt's HP, but tend to rather respect it.
*Full Heal*
Team Random vs. Exor and Smithy- I don't think I'm understand Exor here. He can kind of has this massive problem with MT, such as his most part damaging part has like 65% PC HP (And all the damage parts are slow). As such, Rune's MT and Tidus will get him before he levels an attack? Smithy has 2HKO MT, but doesn't start off with anything else, so any team can pick off Exor.

So then just Smithy. Forms are ST ID, or use a turn and get ST near OHKO magic or MT not so near (Not bad, but easily controllable). I honestly don't have enough handle on Surt's specific HP to vote, but it seems like the floor rests on that. I feel like I'm missing something on the final fight. HP respect for Smithy that the topic does not have?
...into the nightfall.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2012, 06:23:17 AM »
(assumed to be able to triple act and focus the physical? Probably not. Stop? Wide variance noted)

Jenova's triple-act can not focus, it just attacks each PC in sequence. Attacks do not retarget if the PC in question is dead.

Stop is 60%. The BMG is clear on this.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2012, 07:01:37 PM »
Voting a pass for myself, but as noted it's a very very swingy thing based on Surt's HP.  I don't let him Might Reinforce turn 1, but that doesn't really make the fight any less painful, and like I said, I wouldn't be surprised if others saw it as a crash and burn.

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2012, 11:32:05 PM »
Hey, you. Yeah you! Vote!

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2012, 01:41:25 AM »
I'll believe Dhyer's hype for Team Monkeyfinger and Team AAA, so pass for them.

Team OK...  no, I can't give Evrae any credit.  Evrae only gets the status attack at short range, and that's fully controllable by the player until Evrae is at 33% HP (which can then be blitzed past, and in any event won't happen until Team OK is ready, and even if Evrae does draw close you can just run back again later).  So ugh Evrae, if you let him have short range he's a dangerous status whore, if you let the player control Evrae's range he's approximately as dangerous as a Grandia 1 boss with a 4HKO that focuses only thanks to the floor 3 singlet effect.  That said, I don't see Yuri1 as having revival on Floor 3, meaning Yuri2...  well, he's got good HP, but sure, let's assume Haymaker is a OHKO.  Yuri2 can just spam Defend every turn, though.  If Defender X Haymakers someone else, Yuri2 revives them (and I wouldn't let Defender X spam Haymakers, he has to wait).  If he beats down...   I think Yuri1 can play healer well enough here?  Evrae's cruddy damage + Defender regular attack still isn't a OHKO.  So yeah, assuming you allow defend, think Team OK takes that fight.

Atomos is horrible, remember, he can't kill anything if anyone is dead, he has to wait a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time to Wormhole them then resume offense.  So just walk into the fight with the LVP dead, laugh.  He's broken in a duel but pretty terrible in the Dungeon; he's even more terrible with Comet / Slow2 nerfed by the floor.

So pass for Team OK, not thinking too hard about the Atma Weapon fight and don't know WoO.

I don't have a good sense of Team Random vs. Loki / Surt, so abstain for now.

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
  • The Lonely People (Are Getting Lonelier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2012, 01:49:36 AM »
Hey, you. Yeah you! Vote!

Sowwy.

Fail for team OK. The Evrae/Defender X fight is pretty scary. Takes the team too long to take them both out, and Evrae's status + Haymaker will ruin this team's day. Evrae and Defender X can pretty much take out two people instantly, and Nash is bordering on harmless in this fight.

Abstain on team Monkey. Again, the most important fight is the one I know the least about.

Pass for team Trips. The FF4 fight isn't nearly as scary as it normally is thanks to status immunity, and the 10% damage reduction isn't a huge issue in most of these fights.

Fail for team Random, unfortunately. Dhyer might see it differently, but I think the FFT fight is pretty scary. Both Altima and Hash are mad fast, and have a scary amount of status between each other. FFT boss HP respect is higher than most, too.
Quote from: DjinnAndTonic
Quote from: OblivionKnight
if you believe in being a GOOD PERSON

If we believed in that, we wouldn't be forcing world-saving hero to fight eachother to the death for our amusement.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2012, 02:03:05 AM »
Altima begins at 9 speed.
...into the nightfall.

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
  • The Lonely People (Are Getting Lonelier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2012, 02:05:47 AM »
Altima begins at 9 speed.

I let Altima begin in her second form, I'm afraid. =(
Quote from: DjinnAndTonic
Quote from: OblivionKnight
if you believe in being a GOOD PERSON

If we believed in that, we wouldn't be forcing world-saving hero to fight eachother to the death for our amusement.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2012, 02:27:11 AM »
Pass for Trips and Monkey, abstain on OK and Random.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2012, 07:36:07 PM »
Pass for Trips and Monkey, Fail for OK and Random.