Author Topic: RPGDL 2012 Season 1, Week 2: Bishie On Parade  (Read 2837 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
RPGDL 2012 Season 1, Week 2: Bishie On Parade
« on: April 29, 2012, 07:21:39 PM »
Sunday to Sunday.  Week 1 will be open for at least five or six hours from this post, so vote now if you haven't.

Godlike

Ellen Kirishima (Persona) vs Cidolfas Orlandu (Final Fantasy Tactics)
Oerba Yun Fang (Final Fantasy XIII) vs Cid Raines (Final Fantasy XIII)
Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III) vs Mei-ling (SaGa Frontier)
Arceus (Pokémon Gen 4) vs Apocrypha (Radiant Historia)

Heavy

Levin Brenton (Wild ARMs XF) vs Chie Satonaka (Persona 4)
Rune Walsh (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) vs Angelo (Dragon Quest VIII)
Demi (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) vs Cthulhu (Cthulhu Saves the World)
Hildagarde Valentine (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Elincia (Fire Emblem Series)

Middle

Nino (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) vs Yukiko Amagi (Persona 4)
Lucca Ashtear (Chrono Trigger) vs Syphide (Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria)
Karin Koenig (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) vs Sara (Breath of Fire)
Warlock (Suikoden IV) vs Luna Noah (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete)

Light

Vitali (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Locke Cole (Final Fantasy VI)
Nina Wyndia (Breath of Fire III) vs Doll (SaGa Frontier)
Elena (Final Fantasy VII) vs Saki (Grandia)
Tricia (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Sol Cannon (Final Fantasy V)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
Re: RPGDL 2012 Season 1, Week 2: Bishie On Parade
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 08:14:00 PM »
Sunday to Sunday.  Week 1 will be open for at least five or six hours from this post, so vote now if you haven't.

Godlike

Ellen Kirishima (Persona) vs Cidolfas Orlandu (Final Fantasy Tactics) - Hmm... If Orlandu has to equip to prevent Paralysis, I wonder what it does to his damage? Ellen also has dispel, but I'm not sure when she can fit it in. If she can Paralyze then it's an easy win.
Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III) vs Mei-ling (SaGa Frontier) - Will wait for arguments.
Arceus (Pokémon Gen 4) vs Apocrypha (Radiant Historia) - Stone Memory. EDIT: Also, I don't allow double-turns from characters who can't double-turn in their home game, so... yeah.

Heavy

Rune Walsh (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) vs Angelo (Dragon Quest VIII) - Battle of ID... uhh...???????
Demi (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) vs Cthulhu (Cthulhu Saves the World)
Hildagarde Valentine (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Elincia (Fire Emblem Series)

Middle

Nino (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) vs Yukiko Amagi (Persona 4) - Again, will await arguments.

Light

Nina Wyndia (Breath of Fire III) vs Doll (SaGa Frontier) - SHADOW SERVANT HYPE???
Elena (Final Fantasy VII) vs Saki (Grandia) - Oh dear jesus what is this
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 12:14:18 AM by Nephrite »

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 08:22:32 PM »
Godlike

Arceus (Pokémon Gen 4) vs Apocrypha (Radiant Historia) - Stone Memory.

Heavy

Demi (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) vs Cthulhu (Cthulhu Saves the World) - Anything + Insane Dark Strike is an effective heal lock and he's faster *and* his resources can outlast her healing, so.

Middle
what.

Light
Nina Wyndia (Breath of Fire III) vs Doll (SaGa Frontier) - Nina gets to immune draining and status, apparently, so go her.  So, 3HKOs vs. something that is doing worse than 3HKOing and is much slower.  Good fucking job, Doll.
Elena (Final Fantasy VII) vs Saki (Grandia) - lol

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 08:47:06 PM »
Godlike

Ellen Kirishima (Persona) vs Cidolfas Orlandu (Final Fantasy Tactics)- OHKO. Even if not, what the blue hell can Ellen do here?
Oerba Yun Fang (Final Fantasy XIII) vs Cid Raines (Final Fantasy XIII)- Stat down resistance.
Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III) vs Mei-ling (SaGa Frontier)- No idea how I feel about Mei-ling right now. Abstain.

Heavy

Levin Brenton (Wild ARMs XF) vs Chie Satonaka (Persona 4)- Evasion.
Rune Walsh (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) vs Angelo (Dragon Quest VIII)- Negatis and Seals are both death. Angelo would have to go first, block ID and bounce to stop seals. That would likely be a win, but I don't buy all of that happening.
Hildagarde Valentine (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Elincia (Fire Emblem Series)- Abstain till I hit the SH3 topic.

Middle

Nino (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) vs Yukiko Amagi (Persona 4)- splat.

Light

Vitali (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Locke Cole (Final Fantasy VI)- Vitali has trouble with fighters.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 09:07:02 PM »
Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III) vs Mei-ling (SaGa Frontier) - Haven't pondered boss Mei-ling vs. Chris yet, but PC sounds right. Mei-ling should score a 3HKO on Chris on average, and evade makes it so that she could reasonably get enough breathing room for a 4HKO, even. This sounds bad against a healer, but Chris -has- to open with Silent Lake unless she wants to face Mei-ling 2HKOing and having like 50% evade, and Mei-ling is faster than even SL Chris first turn at worst. So yeah.
Arceus (Pokémon Gen 4) vs Apocrypha (Radiant Historia) - EDIT: DOUBLETURN MANIPULATION HYPE

Levin Brenton (Wild ARMs XF) vs Chie Satonaka (Persona 4) - The bot is honestly hell-bent on showing why Levin for Godlike hype is a wash.
Rune Walsh (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) vs Angelo (Dragon Quest VIII) - Do I see Negatis as owning Bounce? Hell yes. Rune's mdef makes Angelo's ID turn three to boot, Rune 2HKOs and if Angelo decides he can resist ID, he also has to open with Bounce to not get his ass handed to him by Seals.
Demi (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) vs Cthulhu (Cthulhu Saves the World) - Cthulhu nearly OHKOs Demi after he opens with Insane Strike, which heal-locks off the bat, is faster and has more shots of Dark Strike than Demi has shots of healing. Pretty clear-cut.

Nino (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) vs Yukiko Amagi (Persona 4) - Yukiko immunes fire and halves thunder. Nino goes :garcia:.
Lucca Ashtear (Chrono Trigger) vs Syphide (Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria) - Lucca vs. healer faster than her who doesn't take a turn to heal. Yeah.
Karin Koenig (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) vs Sara (Breath of Fire) - lulz
Warlock (Suikoden IV) vs Luna Noah (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete) - OHKOs.

Vitali (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Locke Cole (Final Fantasy VI) - ID. Vitali offense is utter shit.
Nina Wyndia (Breath of Fire III) vs Doll (SaGa Frontier) - Nina immunes the status and the draining, which leads to Doll banging her head against a wall until the bleeding stops.
Elena (Final Fantasy VII) vs Saki (Grandia) - Saki is the worst.
Tricia (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Sol Cannon (Final Fantasy V) - Sol Cannon attacks like once every eight turns. He can slow the hell out of Tricia, but then she can buff and her damage gets better as the match goes on. Yeah.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 09:26:45 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 09:20:00 PM »
Godlike

Oerba Yun Fang (Final Fantasy XIII) vs Cid Raines (Final Fantasy XIII): What little chance Fang had vanished when I realised her status is scaled against no resistance (which is fair, but just sayin') and Cid has a lot of resistance to it. She'd pretty much have to land Pain AND Fog before Cid kills her (and he has 90% resistance to those), then add lots of other stasuses and try to blitz the transformation.
Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III) vs Mei-ling (SaGa Frontier): Hmm, tricky. Mei-ling falls just short of 2HKOing on average (although ignoring evade and deflect helps) and gets 2HKOed back, so she wants to stall a bit with LightSword. This she can do, since it gives her an evade rate and she can heal until Chris misses then attack. Chris can also heal, but not as many times, and Mei-ling may have occasional doubles. Mei-ling also 2HKOs with luck so she can probably heal-lock easily enough with the threat of a fatal BoundShot after... so yeah.
Arceus (Pokémon Gen 4) vs Apocrypha (Radiant Historia): EDIT: Okay Stone Memory is worse than I was assuming, Arceus can let one hit whiff, doubleturn past another, and 2HKO the offending form.

Heavy

Rune Walsh (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) vs Angelo (Dragon Quest VIII): Angelo can't really put off ID for long, he can resist it down to turn 2, but he'll need to waste a turn on Bounce to not be silenced, so it's a crapshoot.
Demi (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) vs Cthulhu (Cthulhu Saves the World): 2HKO with Insane Strike + Dark Strike. 1.29 PCHP, Demi is 1.25 pdur. Also faster.
Hildagarde Valentine (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Elincia (Fire Emblem Series): Go first, OHKO.

Middle

Lucca Ashtear (Chrono Trigger) vs Syphide (Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria): Don't think Lucca has any answer to infinite healing.
Karin Koenig (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) vs Sara (Breath of Fire): Regen may get Sara down to a 4HKO! Doesn't matter.
Warlock (Suikoden IV) vs Luna Noah (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete): By the numbers posted his MDef barely makes Temptation Song turn 2. Which of course lets him OHKO. If he succumbs to sleep then Luna should be able to buff and OHKO him.

Light

Nina Wyndia (Breath of Fire III) vs Doll (SaGa Frontier): Immunes all of Doll's tricks.
Elena (Final Fantasy VII) vs Saki (Grandia): Tossup, abstain because I don't know for sure exactly where I see Saki's HP or Elena's damage; very close.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 09:26:19 PM by Dark Holy Elf »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 09:22:01 PM »
SHADOW SERVANT HYPE???

Shadow Servant hype, really?  That shit is nigh worthless considering Nina3 practically runs rings around Doll.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 09:28:29 PM »
Shadow Servant is useless everywhere in the DL. Glorified GlassShield that costs more, way to go.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2012, 10:08:50 PM »
SHADOW SERVANT HYPE???

Shadow Servant hype, really?  That shit is nigh worthless considering Nina3 practically runs rings around Doll.

It was intended to be a joke since Nina3 has MT anyway.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2012, 11:34:12 PM »
Godlike

Heavy

Rune Walsh (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) vs Angelo (Dragon Quest VIII)

Middle

Light

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2012, 02:01:55 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Light

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2012, 04:29:59 AM »
Meh.  Cid is kind of on the unrankable end of Godlike for me.  I'd kneejerk his HP at around 9x PCHP by the book, and even imposing some kind of respect penalty for kind of sucking in-game, it's hard to go lower than 4-5x PCHP in good conscience for me.  Elf's notes are interesting but definitely don't buy the numbers that knock Cid lower as standard for the DL, since running triple RAV is going to get your chain reset early, can't rely on both SAB / SYN being available, etc.  Even if Fang gets super-lucky with status she still probably loses, since uh Esuna + having to reapply them.
Don't know Arceus, but if Arceus can 2HKO form 2 and you don't respect immediate Stone Memory, I can see the argument.  Arceus magically double-turning seems a lot harder to sell, since Apocraphya is above average speed in a game with relevant ATB speed...  even given turn-based -> ATB speed respect, I doubt Arceus can easily guarantee the double-turn.  Unless you let all DL characters switch with Apocraphya!  (Maybe.)

Heavy

I guess.

Middle

Mrf.  So Sylphide is an Alicia clone with Heal hax? Alicia is in Heavy even with suspect damage thanks to the whole insane regen thing, so sounds like Sylphide should have been too.

Light

Meeple calls FF7 HP as around ~3000 for Midgar.  I'd say it's more like 5000, and Elena apparently does 500-1000 physical row-dependent damage.  Score, so like an 8HKO let's call it.  Saki has a 5-6HKO.  They both have weirdly good durability relative to scrubbier bosses in their games, since they fight with relevant support and don't instantly die.  Seems like the advantage would be Saki's, except Saki is slow while Elena is mildly fast.  Actually pretty much a coinflip, then!  Good match.  May edit in a vote later.  EDIT: Let's go with Saki, you have some pretty unfair FF7 twinking theoretically if you want for Elena.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 11:57:43 PM by SnowFire »

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2012, 06:23:31 AM »
I'd kneejerk his HP at around 9x PCHP by the book

That's about what you'd get using nothing but Commandos and ignoring Chain entirely, yes, but that's doing it so wrong for FF13.

Triple RAV won't get your chain reset if you never stop attacking (which is the standard DL assumption), but even if you'd rather go with Relentless Assault (COM + 2 RAV) before switching to Cerberus (COM x3), that still deals far more long-term damage than Commandos alone. Toss in that some parties -do- get buffs/debuffs (in fact you'd have to try pretty hard to build a party without either), and yeah, 9 PCHP is completely unreasonable. You could actually see the HP go quite low with an optimised offensive party (Imperil + En- spells makes things pretty crazy) so I don't think the figures posted in the stat topic are especially unreasonable.

Maybe.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2012, 11:56:51 PM »
Elf: Blargh I had an extra random word in my comment.  I meant "I don't buy the 3.5 PCHP number" you gave, not "I don't buy your silly nonsense at all!"  As noted, I'd give Cid around 4-5 PCHP which is between the two possibilities you offer in the topic.

Yes, I think stagger should be baked into FF13 boss respect, double-penalty be damned (since I certainly let FF13 bosses be theoretically staggered in the DL, and there's a decent argument that if duelers want to kill FF13 bosses they need to set up a stagger as well, but that obviously leads to even more ZOMG durability hype since gooood luck setting up that stagger in the DL).  That said, I didn't kill Cid in one stagger chain, so I'm just talking general higher durability respect.  Some of this is arguably "double credit" for his offense meaning you can't just unload, but...

While I'm okay with baking in chain / stagger into HP, I wouldn't use a relentless "always attack" assumption to figure out how fast it happens.  To put things another way, against yon average RPG boss, it doesn't matter how many turns you spend healing or turtling, it will still take X offensive actions to kill them, and said X is what should define that boss's durability.  Against an FF13 boss, it matters quite a bit; being able to go all-out 3x Commando against a staggered boss is way more valuable than Commando / Ravager / Medic, but maybe you need to switch to a Medic Paradigm so you don't die in the middle of a stagger, etc.  Same with actually building the chain.  So not entirely on board with even assuming 1 COM / 2x RAV for figuring out how fast the stagger comes, or 3x COM for damage during the stagger.  Don't get me wrong, the data you collected for Cid is great, but that's more like a lower bound on how bad his HP can possibly be; a slower stagger means that Cid lives through more rounds of PC offense.

But whatever, since I'm fine with a holistic penalty as noted already to knock Cid down to something more reasonable.  To FF13 boss's discredit, you already mentioned Imperil / Enelement, but there's also blowing a Summon, which is functionally free chain / damage, walking into a battle with 3 CP is very easy, and only the final boss really has back-to-back boss battles that don't let you recharge CP.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2012, 12:03:57 AM »
Oh, I find 4-5 perfectly reasonable. It's 9 I balk at.

And yeah I agree with the rest of your comments, particularly I can understand why you feel this way re
To put things another way, against yon average RPG boss, it doesn't matter how many turns you spend healing or turtling, it will still take X offensive actions to kill them, and said X is what should define that boss's durability.  Against an FF13 boss, it matters quite a bit; being able to go all-out 3x Commando against a staggered boss is way more valuable than Commando / Ravager / Medic, but maybe you need to switch to a Medic Paradigm so you don't die in the middle of a stagger, etc.  Same with actually building the chain.

I've gotten pretty comfortable with scaling bosses against optimum offence even in games where that's impossible, but FF13's a weird case where you could ease up on this a bit and not have it just be doublecredit, particularly with regard to the viability of Tri-Disaster for chain building.

Maybe.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2012, 02:33:19 AM »
Godlike

Ellen Kirishima (Persona) vs Cidolfas Orlandu (Final Fantasy Tactics) - Don't think she can stop this.
Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III) vs Mei-ling (SaGa Frontier) - Mei-ling is...faster then I thought. Okay, wow. She should get Light Sword out and from there it doesn't really matter whether Chris goes for SL or trying to heal lock, Mei-ling should be able to control the fight.

Heavy

Rune Walsh (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) vs Angelo (Dragon Quest VIII) - Yeah, Bounce won't stop the ID.
Hildagarde Valentine (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Elincia (Fire Emblem Series) - Goes first, one rounds.

Middle

Nino (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) vs Yukiko Amagi (Persona 4) - -_-;
Karin Koenig (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) vs Sara (Breath of Fire) - kneejerk. I don't remember Karin's damage being special enough to pound through Sara's hp before Sara picks through hers.
Warlock (Suikoden IV) vs Luna Noah (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete) - Warlock durability is a thing. And I seem to recal him being slow as dirt as well.

Light

Nina Wyndia (Breath of Fire III) vs Doll (SaGa Frontier) - I like Doll. I really do. I use her nearly every time I play Red's quest. This...does not make her good. At all. -_-;

I can technically vote on SN, but memory is fuzzy.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2012, 04:31:53 AM »
Godlike

Oerba Yun Fang (Final Fantasy XIII) vs Cid Raines (Final Fantasy XIII)- Not Fang's fight.

Heavy

Middle

Light

When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2012, 11:24:03 AM »
Lucca Ashtear (Chrono Trigger) vs Syphide (Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria) - Man, VP2 infinite healing in Middle? Do any of the others in this field have an argument against her? ;o

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2012, 03:19:03 PM »
VP2 has quite a number of infinite healers in Middle (most of its mages, for instance)! There's a good reason why Sylphide is there and Alicia isn't: she has about 2/3 as much damage (so DL 5HKO) and an important 12% less HP (and hence, 12% less healing). This loses to Middles with status she can't block (even inaccurate), those who outpace her healing, those whose damage is spiky and can OHKO on criticals/etc., and those who can buff their damage significantly given time.

Eyeballing this field, I'd say she loses to Warlock, Hope, Nina5, and Dekar fairly cleanly, while Sara, Eruca, and Ashton at least have arguments.

Maybe.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2012, 04:18:42 PM »
Mm, fair enough. I was mostly looking at the ones in this week, and figured she lost to Warlock and.. nobody else. Infinite healing, even with absolutely nothing else, is kinda good here.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2012, 02:54:23 AM »
Well this week's Middle eight is pretty weak, outside Yukiko (whom I can't comment on) and Sara (who is the type of dueller infinite healing is relatively most effective against).

Maybe.

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2012, 03:23:54 AM »

Godlike

Ellen Kirishima (Persona) vs Cidolfas Orlandu (Final Fantasy Tactics) - Ellen.  Just far more maneuverable.  Her attacks also have higher priority overall - not as strong, but she can keep Cid in a combo pretty easily.
Oerba Yun Fang (Final Fantasy XIII) vs Cid Raines (Final Fantasy XIII) - Cid.  Fairly straightforward.  His C-attack is insane.
Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden III) vs Mei-ling (SaGa Frontier) - Mei-Ling.  Schoolgirl Panty Shot = instant win here.  Chris is far, far to slow to stop her from building it up.
Arceus (Pokémon Gen 4) vs Apocrypha (Radiant Historia) - Apocrypha.  Can't avoid things, but has far more power.

Heavy

Levin Brenton (Wild ARMs XF) vs Chie Satonaka (Persona 4) - Chie.  Galactic Punt FTW.
Rune Walsh (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) vs Angelo (Dragon Quest VIII) - Angelo.  Rune's attacks are too telegraphed.  Picking him off with a bow at a distance works wonders.
Demi (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) vs Cthulhu (Cthulhu Saves the World) - Cthulhu.  Not a chance here.  Insanity sets Demi's buttons randomly, which is more than enough to counter anything she can do.  It's a pain to deal with.
Hildagarde Valentine (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Elincia (Fire Emblem Series) - Hilda.  Elincia is an excellent team tap-out, but she can't kill anything!  She builds the super gauge very fast (moreso than anyone else), but she can't kill with anything she has, so she loses here.  Sad - she's a great character in a team, but soooooo bad alone.

Middle

Nino (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) vs Yukiko Amagi (Persona 4) - Yukiko.  Harder to knock out of the ring.
Lucca Ashtear (Chrono Trigger) vs Syphide (Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria) - Sylphide.  More speed, but also much better at evading, range be damned - Lucca is slow.
Karin Koenig (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) vs Sara (Breath of Fire) - Karin.  Run around the ring, heal, win.
Warlock (Suikoden IV) vs Luna Noah (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete) - Luna.  Sleep FTW.

Light

Vitali (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Locke Cole (Final Fantasy VI) - Locke.  Just a lot faster here.
Nina Wyndia (Breath of Fire III) vs Doll (SaGa Frontier) - Doll.  Guns Nina down in the air while she slowly tries to build a super.
Elena (Final Fantasy VII) vs Saki (Grandia) - Elena - very close.  Really depends on who plays with who - I think Elena's a bit faster, so that's a good tiebreak.
Tricia (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Sol Cannon (Final Fantasy V) - Tricia.  Long-range sniping FTW.
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2012, 03:33:56 AM »
Ellen Kirishima (Persona) vs Cidolfas Orlandu (Final Fantasy Tactics)- She'd win if not for MP busting
Oerba Yun Fang (Final Fantasy XIII) vs Cid Raines (Final Fantasy XIII)- Normally I'd find Cid unrankable, but I'll vote for clear loss/win scenarios.

Heavy

Middle

Lucca Ashtear (Chrono Trigger) vs Syphide (Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria)-
Warlock (Suikoden IV) vs Luna Noah (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete)- He OHKOs, but not sure when he's getting time to attack? He's slower and eating 90% sleep->Buff->attack->90% sleep->Attack

Light

...into the nightfall.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2012, 03:51:28 AM »
Also, Elincia has at least 1.2 PC HP damage? Combine that with the killer evasion, and overall status resistance, sounds like a strong case for Godlike.
...into the nightfall.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2012, 04:20:40 AM »
Yeah I'm pretty much inclined to agree there.

Also, Luna's sleep is 90%? Stat topic says 80%. 90% would mean a vote switch.

Maybe.