Author Topic: Class Warfare, Week 1- remove directly from the anus  (Read 1277 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Class Warfare, Week 1- remove directly from the anus
« on: June 20, 2012, 01:06:53 AM »
Alrighty, since I need to get something moving, time for half-assing it like a champ.  We'll have 4 contestants.

Team Final Fantasy III has 4 members, Team Final Fantasy V likewise has 4, Team Final Fantasy Tactics has 5, and Team Wild ARMs XF has 6.

The rules a fairly straightforward for this first week.  Each team may assign members to any generic class they choose, in any ratio they choose.  Those classes must, where applicable, use only skills and equipment from their class.  Please note we're restricted to generics; pc-specific classes are prohibited.

Since this is the half-assed version, all four teams face the same opponent.  To keep things interesting, it's a crazy opponent~

Team Final Fantasy III vs Nega Filgaia (Wild ARMs 3)
Team Final Fantasy V vs Nega Filgaia (Wild ARMs 3)
Team Final Fantasy Tactics vs Nega Filgaia (Wild ARMs 3)
Team Wild ARMs XF vs Nega Filgaia (Wild ARMs 3)

be free with feedback.  If you'd like to see stiffer or rotating restrictions placed on the teams, or for each team to face a different opponent, speak up.

Current plan is to run 5 total weeks, with 4 weeks to build up records and a fifth for tiebreakers.

Voting closes sunday, enjoy/rage/whatever.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
Re: Class Warfare, Week 1- remove directly from the anus
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 02:18:22 AM »
Team Final Fantasy III vs Nega Filgaia (Wild ARMs 3)
Team Final Fantasy V vs Nega Filgaia (Wild ARMs 3) - In the same vein as the below, but I'd think Chemist Mixes might be able to turn this...? I'll have to do some research.
Team Final Fantasy Tactics vs Nega Filgaia (Wild ARMs 3) - So, I'm leaning towards the FFT team on this one... is there anything Nega Filgaia can do to stop a Squire + 3 Chemist team from just having the Squire use Accumulate and then one-shot each part of Negs?
Team Wild ARMs XF vs Nega Filgaia (Wild ARMs 3)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 02:21:50 AM by Nephrite »

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 02:50:09 AM »
Team Final Fantasy V vs Nega Filgaia (Wild ARMs 3) - my kneejerk says that low WA3 boss HP respect and FF5 being versatile as all getout carries the day.  White Mage + either BM or Summoner + two other solid dudes probably works is what I'm thinking?
Team Final Fantasy Tactics vs Nega Filgaia (Wild ARMs 3) - I think, anyways, although charge times could be problematic in some places.  To Neph: Form 3 is pratically physical immune but that doesn't really matter since it basically has no damage so strong enough spells could blast past it despite it having stupid Mdef.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 02:52:21 AM by Random Consonant »

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 03:06:24 AM »
Team Final Fantasy Tactics vs Nega Filgaia (Wild ARMs 3)- Chemist, Priest, Time Mage, Chemist. Should give enough healing/offense/revival.
Team Wild ARMs XF vs Nega Filgaia (Wild ARMs 3)- I think XF Generics can revive.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 03:19:50 AM »
XF generics can't revive unless Gadgeteer has some special item that does it. Revive is a Labby-only skill and the other source of resurrection is Revival Fruits.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2012, 03:36:18 AM »
Revival Fruit+, if it exists, should be Gadgeteer unique. The team does effectively have great MT healing with SS and I can't really remember Filgaia's damages too well.
...into the nightfall.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 07:32:48 AM »
Didn't Nega Filgaia have a form that was immune to all but ITD magic (which not all of these casts have) and Action Replay?

No votes until I refresh myself on the form otherwise. I know it spoils the fuck out of most individual duellers through various means but a lot of those would be undone by teams.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2012, 08:01:56 AM »
Team Final Fantasy III vs Nega Filgaia (Wild ARMs 3) - Is this FF3o or FF3DS?  That...  Only MIGHT tilt things?
Team Final Fantasy V vs Nega Filgaia (Wild ARMs 3) - Gladiator has ITD, Chemist is Chemist, Cannoneer has ITD, and Bard can just give infinite stats while waiting through a non-threatening phase.

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2012, 08:51:21 AM »
The amoeba form is immune to physicals and has excellent Mdef (like, reduces damage 80-90% as I recall), but at the end of the turn exposes its core which makes it bait to Action Replay, which I think is what you're thinking of.

*sigh* figures WA3 randomly doesn't have a comprehensive boss topic despite having most of the bosses ranked anyway.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2012, 09:26:00 AM »
Team Final Fantasy V vs Nega Filgaia (Wild ARMs 3) - Well CK already hit upon what I wanted to say. Nega's third or fourth form is physical immune but it is vulnerable to magic - it just has high M.Def. This means that a team of something like Time Mage/Summoner/Chemist/White Mage probably breaks through all the forms. Lizard form has reflect, but Time Mage/Summoner bust through it and this team has tons of offense and MP healing via Chemist (I think) that they won't run out of resources.

Team Final Fantasy Tactics vs Nega Filgaia (Wild ARMs 3) - Something like Chemist/Priest/Summoner/Ninja/whatever works. See above for similar comments. They may want another physical attacker so the Lizard forms go down easier.

Team Wild ARMs XF vs Nega Filgaia (Wild ARMs 3) - Yep. I don't think Nega had any OHKO moves. He's all about shutting people down, which means for XF, they can go a couple of GT healers and a few offensive dudes in magic/physical forms and come out fine is my kneejerk.

I think NEB's right. Nega Filgaia is much less threatening when against teams. Just like in-game!
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2012, 08:25:56 AM »
I vote all teams pass.

To keep this post relevant, I theorize that, in general, order of team viability is FF5 > XF > FFT > FF3.

FF5 feels the most unbalanced. XF probably beats the curve just on party size, though it has the least-standard set of classes so it can probably handle more situations. FFT is still overall really versatile, though more balanced than FF5. FF3 (thinking DS version) is both too balanced and too standard for me to think of it as standing out in versatility or power.

Still, overall close set of teams. Should be fun.

• Suggests the birth of an abomination
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2012, 01:03:59 AM »
As a sidenote, Amoeba form is also vulnerable to gravity.  At least, that's how I remember beating it.
<+Nama-EmblemOfFire> ...Have the GhebFE guy and the ostian princess guy collaborate.
 <@Elecman> Seems reasonable.