Author Topic: Recomend me games to play based on the following Criteria  (Read 3151 times)

Niji

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Recomend me games to play based on the following Criteria
« on: July 03, 2012, 06:42:22 AM »
All monsters including bosses can be affected by all status condition spells. And it is not un-difficult to do so.

Being able to use death but it always having only a 1% chance vs a boss does not count.

I am already aware of Phantasy Star series for these purposes.

Been wanting to play a debuffer/slow killer/witchdoctor/voodoopriestess/kirakira in an rpg or other combat oriented semi-storied game.

I DO NOT OWN A PS3 or 360 so recommend nothing for that(yes I know how amazing white knight chronicles is!)
2D/2.5D RPGs, Platformers, Action-RPGs, Brawlers are my bag! Minor Video Game knowledge outside of those!

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
Re: Recomend me games to play based on the following Criteria
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 07:12:28 AM »
Final Fantasy 1
Pools of Radiance
Russian Roulette
Pokemon
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 07:14:58 AM »
FFXIII is the first thing that comes to mind as remotely close to that, in that while nothing is susceptible to everything, everything can be hit with something.  On the other hand, you can't only use status/debuffs to get through fights and need to use all the classes effectively to do well.

Not that you can play FFXIII.

Otherwise, there's always pokemon!  Jumpluff-premacy is go.  If memory serves, your best bet for using Jumpluff early and often is HGSS?  But it's available in anything except RBY if you want to just hax it in or something.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
  • Yoo-hoo, Mr. Tentacle Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 07:17:21 AM »
Any game you play can do this.  Status effects only don't work on bosses because people think (AKA WANT) them to.  If you learn to just stop letting status effects not work then this 'problem' will be solved.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 04:43:57 PM »
Pokemon. *nods*

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 05:18:14 PM »
Etrian Oddessy(sp?) 2 is not too bad for this. Hexer, the status mage class, is pretty damn dominating, especially when paired with Dark Hunter(the status physical class!). Alot of enemies/bosses have immunities to certain things, but asking for "everything to be effected by every status" is kinda reaching frankly, and at least I don't remember anything having perfect status immunity. Maybe the aftergame superbosses do, but eh.

FFV, easily emulated and somewhat on the brain right now, is also good for enemies and bosses having alot of holes in thier status immunity. Again, not "everything is effected by every status" but Blue Mage/Mystic Knight/Bard/Chemist(to use one from each crystal!) can shut down so damn many things with status spam. Including gems like petrifying a part of the final boss, or dropping Blind and Berserk on a superboss so he can't do much of anything but whiff with his physicals forever.

Not quiiiite what you're asking for, but both fun games where status is a very real and very good option.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 05:45:06 PM »
If I remember rightly, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne is pretty good for this. There are some bosses with status immunities, but definitely not all of them, and that's more because some bosses have elemental/physical resistances/immunities, and status is treated in a similar way.

Niji

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2012, 12:14:48 AM »
Etrian Oddessy(sp?) 2 is not too bad for this. Hexer, the status mage class, is pretty damn dominating, especially when paired with Dark Hunter(the status physical class!). Alot of enemies/bosses have immunities to certain things, but asking for "everything to be effected by every status" is kinda reaching frankly, and at least I don't remember anything having perfect status immunity. Maybe the aftergame superbosses do, but eh.

FFV, easily emulated and somewhat on the brain right now, is also good for enemies and bosses having alot of holes in thier status immunity. Again, not "everything is effected by every status" but Blue Mage/Mystic Knight/Bard/Chemist(to use one from each crystal!) can shut down so damn many things with status spam. Including gems like petrifying a part of the final boss, or dropping Blind and Berserk on a superboss so he can't do much of anything but whiff with his physicals forever.

Not quiiiite what you're asking for, but both fun games where status is a very real and very good option.

Sweet exactly what i was looking for, i think FFV i haven't actually played anyway, and Etrian oddesy sounds like exactly what i am looking for(i made clear in my post that bosses should not be status immune >.> not vulnerable to every spell, however all bossses being invulnerable to a specific spell is not acceptable).
2D/2.5D RPGs, Platformers, Action-RPGs, Brawlers are my bag! Minor Video Game knowledge outside of those!

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2012, 07:27:51 PM »
Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure

Unless you want something difficult... then Etrian Odyssey 2 is a good one.  The other Etrian Odysseys work as well, but 2 makes the status class the most OP class in the game.

Also:

(yes I know how amazing white knight chronicles is!)

getout

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2012, 08:28:21 AM »
Zeboyd games: Cthulhu saves the world, Penny Arcade 3. Not sure Breath of Death 7 had good status.
Every status has an equal chance to hit everything in these games, but it's never terribly debilitating.

Most bosses in Nocturne are immune to status, Yoshiken. 

Nitori

• Denizen
  • The only thing YOU'RE onto is your mot-
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2012, 08:36:30 AM »
Super Mario World

kill bosses with fireballs

totally counts
<Ko-NitoriisSulpher> roll 1d100 to grade Nitori?
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

Fenrir

• Denizen
  • Social Justice Archer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2012, 08:48:44 AM »
Wii Sports.
Poison your grandma with mosfungus and win.

metroid composite

• m_ACac
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2012, 04:24:19 PM »
Final Fantasy 6

Just use Vanish first, then you can hit with anything.

AndrewRogue

• Infinite
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Sadness
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2012, 01:16:09 AM »

Unless you want something difficult... then Etrian Odyssey 2 is a good one.  The other Etrian Odysseys work as well, but 2 makes the status class the most OP class in the game.

What's that? ID ALL THE BOSSES at 50% health?

Kay.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2012, 06:21:32 PM »

What's that? ID ALL THE BOSSES at 50% health?

Kay.

That's a different class!  That has a bunch of status too I guess.