Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 78  (Read 1389 times)

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 78
« on: July 21, 2012, 09:56:50 PM »

"Ha ha... I guess we'll see what it takes to get past this week!"

Link to the Dungeon Wiki!

----------------
**Full Heals reset limit and other types of gauges when teams pass through them.

Team Jo'ou | Zerase (Resourceless), Alys, White Rose, Billy, FFT Priest
[Floor 4: Diff'rent Strokes]
Team Jo'ou vs. Hahn, Tia, Gadwin, Luna, Mareg and Shana
Team Jo'ou vs. Yumei, Badrach, Aelia, Lorenta and Grey
Team Jo'ou vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf, Olan, Alma and Reis
Team Jo'ou vs. Albel, Adray, Roger Huxley, Noel and Chisato
Team Jo'ou vs. Palom, Porom, Edward, Cid and Yang

Team Piggyman | Athos, Ramza, Worker 8, Adray, Moulder, Nall (Vantage Sealstone)
[Ramza: Priest, Item, Counter Magic, Magic Attack UP] [Athos: Fire, Thunder, Bolting, Heal, Restore]
Floor 3a: A Singlet
**All attacks, regardless of original ability, are single target for this floor and may be targetted regardless of original conditions.
Team Piggyman vs. Flora (WoZ)
Team Piggyman vs. Atma Weapon
Team Piggyman vs. Valentina and Dodo (SMRPG)
*Full Heal
Team Piggyman vs. Evrae and Defender X
Team Piggyman vs. Kunino-Sagiri

Team Tide | Ramza, Cecilia ACF (Body Charge), Citan, RAP MASTER SEIFER, Raynie
[Ramza: Time Mage, Item, Auto Potion, M. Attack Up]
Floor 3b: Multiply
**All attacks, regardless of original ability, hit either all enemies or all allies for this floor.
Team Tide vs. Raquel (WA4), Rudy (WA1), Brad (WA2) and Gallows (WA3)
Team Tide vs. FF1 White Wizard, FFT Priest, FF5 White Mage, FF3DS White Mage and FFX-2 White Mage
Team Tide vs. Alma, Kresnik, Ricardo and Marco (RH)
Team Tide vs. Boss Magus and Dalton
*Full Heal
Team Tide vs. Lady Harken (ACF) and Zeikfried (ACF)

Team OK likes the Man Festival | Yuri1, Yuri2, Nash, Adray, Robo
[Floor 1: Starting off Again (Beginning of the game)]
Team OK vs. Hrist (VP1), Evil Gaia, Big Joe, Snowe(S4) and Gorudo
Team OK vs. Bronzog, Galleon, FFT Knight and Kwanda Rossman (S1)
Team OK vs. Blissey, Axem Green, Augst and Lucius
Team OK vs. Mist Dragon, Whelk, Wingraptor (FF5), Garland (FF1) and LORD OCHU
Team OK vs. Lich and Kraken

Resourceless - One character's spells and abilities are now free but you may not use the same ability more than once a fight. This does not apply to moves that drain all resources.

Vantage - Counterattack abilities activate BEFORE being attacked. Also increases the chance of any counter attack activation skill to 100%. This only affects allies.

Body Charge - Increases the health, damage and effective speed of a character by 1.3x and decreases damage to them to .7x, but increases the cost of the character by 1.5x (rounded to nearest half point, .5s are 1.0s).
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 06:38:53 PM by Nephrite »

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 78
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 09:57:15 PM »
OK if you read this and you want to add a Sealstone let me know.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 06:26:18 PM »
Does Adray start with healing?  F1 offense is incompetent enough that even terrible healing will help heal the entire team up at the end of a fight, but since I wouldn't see the Yuris as having Water fusions up yet, and I don't think Robo gets Cure Beam (which is terrible anyway) on F1, that might mean 0 healing for Floor 1, which is trouble.

Just to confirm: Tide moved Body Charge to ACF Cecilia?

Anyway, Jo'ou tentatively looks good though will wait for a more complete writeup.  No vote on Tide or Piggyman, seems Cecilia is super-important to Tide's strategy there, and don't know enough of the key enemies in 3a.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 06:39:05 PM »
Robo starts with Cure Beam in CT, and joins no more than 10% into the game. I'd say that makes it legal for floor 1 even if you "scale away" starting skills.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 06:54:18 PM »
Adray does start with healing.

Floor 1: Firebolt, Lightning Blast, Ice Needles, Earth Glaive, Antidode, Standby Healing, First Aid, Healing, Silence

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
  • The Lonely People (Are Getting Lonelier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 04:15:05 AM »
If there are errors, or things that don't make sense, please don't hesitate to point them out so I may address them. ^^

Team Piggyman vs. Flora (WoZ) - Flora's big damage is only on her second turn, which gives Ramza time to set up Shell on himself. Moulder can heal up the initial damage, and Worker 8 and Athos proceed with their own damage. Athos finally has damage tomes, which is definitely helpful. Flora's pretty fast and pretty durable, so she might slip in two turns before Ramza, but Shell should give him the staying power to stay on his feet. Adray and Moulder are on constant healing duty as well, so that should help everyone stay alive. As for the others, Flora can't scratch Worker 8, and using her magic on Ramza or Athos will result in a counter attack.

Team Piggyman vs. Atma Weapon - We've got another fast and durable boss; if Ramza was healed back to full HP in the battle with Flora, then he can probably survive a physical from Atma. Assuming otherwise, Ramza is now dead. Although Atma is durable, he is still an FF6 boss, and on Floor 3, Athos still has a pretty good level/stat lead, and will be doing pretty good damage with Thunder. Since Atma's best damage is with his physical, Adray will set up Protection on himself, and Moulder and Adray will be on healing duty. Attacking Worker 8 or Athos results in a counter, although with Ramza dead, Worker 8 can't be healed, so he might go for Worker 8 anyways, even if he gets countered. At worst, I'll be coming out of this with a beat-up Worker 8, or maybe a dead Moulder/Adray, but it's a manageable fight.

Team Piggyman vs. Valentina and Dodo (SMRPG) - Apparently, Dodo has some sort of initiative, so he can just poke Ramza to kill him. If he tries for his Silence on Athos (I have no clue about the accuracy on the spell, but let's just assume it's 100% accurate), then Moulder will just heal it with Restore. My team probably wants to take out Dodo first, since his durability is pretty bad, and he has a physical that doesn't suck. As soon as Dodo's out of the picture (which really shouldn't take very long), even if Ramza and Adray are both dead, I'm fairly certain Athos/Worker 8 can mop up. Valentina is entirely magic, and her physical is a high 5HKO (which is closer to a 7-8HKO against Worker 8, although Atma may have softened him up a little), and every time she attacks Worker 8, she's getting countered BEFORE she can even attack. Worker 8 is dishing out a lot more damage than Valentina can in the same time. All I need is one person left alive to finish off Valentina, and as long as Moulder is alive, he can cure off status that she uses on Athos (and vice-versa). Valentina needs Worker 8 to be close enough to dead that he can't solo her, and Valentina and Dodo need to kill off Ramza (easy enough if he got revived by Nall), Adray and Moulder (not that difficult, but this being the ST floor means they need more turns to take care of 3 people, and Moulder and Athos can keep up with status thanks to Restore staves). Which is asking a little much, I think.

*Full Heal

Team Piggyman vs. Evrae and Defender X - That Full Heal was very helpful. So, this is effectively going to be a round-robin of healing and status-curing. Ramza, Moulder and Adray (if you think he has Cure Condition by now) all have status healing to keep up with Evrae's Stone Gaze. Athos has a Restore Staff, too, but he's going to be busy putting the hurt on Defender X. So, regardless who Evrae Petrifies, one of the three will remove the status, while the other (Ramza or Adray) will use Protect on Ramza to make Haymaker survivable. One of Adray or Moulder probably dies from Haymaker (although some people only let Defender X use it every 4 turns, which I personally don't, but if you do, then yay, this fight isn't difficult anymore!). Evrae will unleash another Petrify, which will be promptly healed, and Ramza will revive whoever was killed, while Athos takes another shot at Defender X. Because I've got the resources to keep up with the status, I think Athos' magic and Worker 8's attacks (which are ITD!) can take care of Defender X. Once it's only my team against Evrae, I've got this in the bag, as long as at least 3 people are alive.

Team Piggyman vs. Kunino-Sagiri - So, assuming a worst case scenario, where I had 2-3 people die against Evrae/Defender X, they are all thankfully alive again thanks to Nall. I'm told that Persona 4 bosses are essentially average speed. That being said, Priest is oddly one of the faster FFT Jobs, so Ramza will actually get a turn to heal himself. Kunino's physical is baaad, and if he uses magic on Ramza, he's getting it right back in his face. Either way, I don't think his damage will be enough to kill Ramza without Quad Converge, so instead, he hits someone else; either Adray or Moulder, and that will probably kill them (assuming they died in the previous fight). Kunino's offense is actually... not good before Quad Converge, so this will actually be a good time to make sure everyone is fully healed. Athos/Moulder/Ramza can reliably heal everyone up. Spirit Leech shouldn't be an issue either, as Ramza and the FE characters rely on items for healing, not MP. At worst, Spirit Leech on Ramza means I won't be able to use Counter Magic on him (which is a shame, because Quad Converge w/ Vantage Counter Magic would be pretty hilarious). Once everyone is fully or nearly-fulled healed, the actual offense can come out. Athos and Worker 8 combine for damage while Ramza and Moulder continue to heal. I think that, as long as Worker 8 is fully healed (which shouldn't be a problem if I have Moulder healing Ramza), then Kunino will be completely manageable. If Kunino controls Athos (my biggest damage dealer), then Athos can't hurt Worker 8 anyways. Kunino's physical is something like a 10HKO, which is getting countered each time with a physical against Worker 8. If Worker 8 is at full HP, then Kunino is going to take a LOT of punishment to take down Worker 8. In fact, just taking out Worker 8 will result in Kunino taking over 5 PCHP of damage off counters. I could be mistaken, but I don't think he has any other physical damage until he reaches 25% of his HP. Yeah. Kunino's durable, but not that durable.

The other three teams all pass as well, based on analysis from the others that sounds good to me.

EDIT: Wow, that was long. Forgive me for the wall-of-text. x_x;
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 10:13:58 PM by ThePiggyman »
Quote from: DjinnAndTonic
Quote from: OblivionKnight
if you believe in being a GOOD PERSON

If we believed in that, we wouldn't be forcing world-saving hero to fight eachother to the death for our amusement.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 03:23:38 PM »

Team OK vs. Bronzog, Galleon, FFT Knight and Kwanda Rossman (S1)- Knight is fairly durable and hard to slug down, but no one on this team is threatening.
Team OK vs. Blissey, Axem Green, Augst and Lucius- Lucius is actually somewhat threatening to the Yuris, so they attack others. Robo+Adray can kill him.
Team OK vs. Mist Dragon, Whelk, Wingraptor (FF5), Garland (FF1) and LORD OCHU- Robo and Adray can heal at this po int, which should be enough.
]Team OK vs. Lich and Kraken- I suspect that Kraken won't live to get a turn. He's weak to thunder, which means Nash is going to maim him. Lich is dangerous (MT 3HKO!) but OK should be fine.

**All attacks, regardless of original ability, hit either all enemies or all allies for this floor.
Team Tide vs. Raquel (WA4), Rudy (WA1), Brad (WA2) and Gallows (WA3)- Stop from Time Mage.
Team Tide vs. FF1 White Wizard, FFT Priest, FF5 White Mage, FF3DS White Mage and FFX-2 White Mage- MT gangbang. Seifer is... I hate to use the word competent, but good enough. Citan hits hard too, and ACF Cecilia is above average with body charge.
Team Tide vs. Alma, Kresnik, Ricardo and Marco (RH)- Quick.  MT Phoenix down means that even if someone dies, they should be okay.
Team Tide vs. Boss Magus and Dalton- No Mercy+Citan offense should kill Dalton, and Magus is managable for a team with healing.
*Full Heal
Team Tide vs. Lady Harken (ACF) and Zeikfried (ACF)- Harken has to be blitzed, but I think they can manage that. Quick+Haste and Seifer's limit gives them good damage control.

Team Piggyman | Athos, Ramza, Worker 8, Adray, Moulder, Nall (Vantage Sealstone)
[Ramza: Priest, Item, Counter Magic, Magic Attack UP] [Athos: Fire, Thunder, Bolting, Heal, Restore]
**All attacks, regardless of original ability, are single target for this floor and may be targetted regardless of original conditions.
Team Piggyman vs. Flora (WoZ)- Should be okay? Unless Flora can OHKO Ramza. I think Adray has revival at this point anyway.
Team Piggyman vs. Atma Weapon- Ramza focuses on keeping himself alive. Athos/Worker should pound through Atma's HP fairly quickly, and Moulder can heal Ramza.
Team Piggyman vs. Valentina and Dodo (SMRPG)- Valentina was mostly elementla/magic from what I remember, which means Athos/Worker should carry the team at the absolute worst.
*Full Heal
Team Piggyman vs. Evrae and Defender X- Piggy's analysis seems fine to me here.
Team Piggyman vs. Kunino-Sagiri- Kunino is not good against Worker, and Ramza can play defensively as need be.

Team Jo'ou vs. Hahn, Tia, Gadwin, Luna, Mareg and Shana- Tia's sleep spell is a nuisense, but unless it hits Zerase and Alys both... eh. Alys can ID Hahn, Zerase fries Luna. Fight is managable from there.
Team Jo'ou vs. Yumei, Badrach, Aelia, Lorenta and Grey- MT nuking vs average speed team. Dear god.
Team Jo'ou vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf, Olan, Alma and Reis- Zerase beats Olan/Beo/Cloud to the draw. Beowulf may survive the nuking, but if he does WR/Alys can pick him off.
Team Jo'ou vs. Albel, Adray, Roger Huxley, Noel and Chisato- Good gods, resourceless Zerase is evil.
Team Jo'ou vs. Palom, Porom, Edward, Cid and Yang- Yang puts Zerase to sleep. Alys promptly fries Porom with death. WR immunes sleep and charm, so Edward can status Billy. Which means that WR+PRiest are going to nuke Palom, meaning the fight's won.

Zerase+Resourceless is really freaking good.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2012, 05:37:11 PM »
Team Jo'ou vs. Hahn, Tia, Gadwin, Luna, Mareg and Shana - Alys by herself shuts down roughly 80% of this team with Moonshadow and she has Psy gear (luuuul to Drowsy hitting her turn ever when MTed). Zerase... magical status against Zerase of the infinite MDef, that's working out just great. Past that, it's more watching those meteors fall and counting the holes formed on the ground.
Team Jo'ou vs. Yumei, Badrach, Aelia, Lorenta and Grey -
Quote from: superaielman
MT nuking vs average speed team. Dear god.

Team Jo'ou vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf, Olan, Alma and Reis - Zerase should get a drop on everybody (particularly if Alma starts charging a spell, at best she's -barely- faster than Zerase as is) and I think only Beo besides W8 even has a prayer of surviving the comet drops, and Alys/WR will merrily make sure they finish the job. Worker is totally soloing a full party like that.
Team Jo'ou vs. Albel, Adray, Roger Huxley, Noel and Chisato - Moonshadow works its magic once again, removing any shadow (hrhrhrhr) of a doubt about Zerase getting a turn. Accurate MT sleep is actually surprisingly badass in this setting, even when it's PS4 sleep.
Team Jo'ou vs. Palom, Porom, Edward, Cid and Yang - super's assessment is pretty good, really - I'd only say Alys fries Palom first while WR/Priest focus on Porom, since she's slower and frailer. If you vote on the FF4o folks, this is just horrible, Zerase goes before everyone and lolohkos everything but Yang, who gets owned by Death.

Team Piggyman vs. Flora (WoZ) - Flora probably OHKOs Ramza, but not after Shell - and her OHKO is slower than Shell is. As such, just judiciously pound.
Team Piggyman vs. Atma Weapon - Sure. :athos:
Team Piggyman vs. Valentina and Dodo (SMRPG) - Valentina is a pain in the ass, but at least Dodo falls quickly and Athos is just key in keeping the team free of status. If this was MT-friendly at all, Valentina would have no business in floor 3, but so it goes.
*Full Heal
Team Piggyman vs. Evrae and Defender X - Okay, unlike Piggy, I think he wants to blitz this instead of playing round-robin straight off. However, with Athos, this he can do. Evrae is faster than Dorothy Beoulve-Ketchum (and everybody here, really) and -really- doesn't want Athos spamming 36 power Thunders that double everybody (this is probably two-rounding Defender X at this point)... but if he petrifies Athos, that just gets Softed. ON THE OTHER HAND, anything else Evrae does just gets washed off by healing/whatever. Unlike Piggy, once again, I think Piggy also can afford to not cast Protect on anyone, since he has two revivers at juuuuust the right speed range and Evrae+Defender X cannot kill Athos (and even if they could, Vantage sez Athos fweems Defender X if he got at least a crack at him beforehand. Which Piggy essentially has -all- the tools to ensure). Once Defender X's been taken care of, the fight is a breeze, even with Evrae's elemental halving. Nice going.
Team Piggyman vs. Kunino-Sagiri - That taken care of, Worker basically solos Kunino-Sagiri with Vantage (hell, -without- Vantage I think it happens. 6hko to average physical vs. worker 8 of the 1.5x pc hp pdur oh boy). This isn't even worth thinking about.

As an aside, Vantage -really- nicely spoils this floor with Piggy's setup, and that was a pretty intelligent choice to make. Kudos, Piggyster.

Team Tide vs. Raquel (WA4), Rudy (WA1), Brad (WA2) and Gallows (WA3)
Team Tide vs. FF1 White Wizard, FFT Priest, FF5 White Mage, FF3DS White Mage and FFX-2 White Mage
Team Tide vs. Alma, Kresnik, Ricardo and Marco (RH)
Team Tide vs. Boss Magus and Dalton
*Full Heal
Team Tide vs. Lady Harken (ACF) and Zeikfried (ACF) - Tide glitches the floor with Hot Skitty on Wailord Fantastic Unlimited Wufei Command Replay Quick action and wins. Holy crap, this is making a game suffer. EDIT: No, seriously, he -does- win through that level of haxing. The turn-shifting insanity he can pull off here is off-the-charts nuts.

Team OK vs. Bronzog, Galleon, FFT Knight and Kwanda Rossman (S1)
Team OK vs. Blissey, Axem Green, Augst and Lucius
Team OK vs. Mist Dragon, Whelk, Wingraptor (FF5), Garland (FF1) and LORD OCHU
Team OK vs. Lich and Kraken - I'll buy the aiel's reasoning. It -is- two Yuris vs. Floor 1, after all.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 08:57:38 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2012, 10:11:18 PM »
Yeaaaaah, pass to all. Everyone's said everything relevant already.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2012, 03:06:30 AM »
Tide and Piggy pass.  Tide glitches the dungeon, Piggy has Vantage Athos smash and a team that isn't actively trying to hinder it.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2012, 04:50:57 PM »
All pass.