Author Topic: Futurama 2012 Season 1, Week 2- And then there was no voting  (Read 1987 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
will leave the previous week up for a bit, at least until tomorrow sometime.  In the meantime, new week!

Godlike

Jorgandr (Final Fantasy Legend 3) vs Nailah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)
Taupy Tauplin (Sands of Destruction) vs Sanctuary Keeper (Final Fantasy X)
Baal (Diablo 2: Lords of Destruction) vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI)
Totooria Helmold (Atelier Totori: Adventurer of Arland) vs Cidolfas Orlandu (Final Fantasy Tactics)

Heavy

Flora (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Queen Zeal (Chrono Trigger)
Marta Lualdi (Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World) vs Blue Mage (Final Fantasy V)
Velna (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) vs Sasarai (Suikoden III)
Wylfred (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) vs Tantra (Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter)

Middle

Lucas (Mother 3) vs Nadia 'Marle' Guardia (Chrono Trigger)
Ursula Fabul (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years) vs Lightning Farron (Final Fantasy XIII)
Ares (Eternal Poison) vs Micaiah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)
Estellise Sidos Heurassein (Tales of Vesperia) vs Yu Yevon (Final Fantasy X)

Light

Borghen (Final Fantasy II) vs Doll (SaGa Frontier)
Aguro (Lufia and the Fortress of Doom) vs Mel (Suikoden III)
Ginji Sasaki (Persona 2: Innocent Sin) vs Shady Thousand (Wild ARMs 3)
Amalthea (Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky) vs  Kongol (Legend of Dragoon)

The usual.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
Re: Futurama 2012 Season 1, Week 2- And then there was no voting
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 05:09:44 AM »
Heavy

Flora (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Queen Zeal (Chrono Trigger): Quite a lot more damage.
Velna (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) vs Sasarai (Suikoden III): Both can take each other out in one action (unless Vestra resisted earth, she did fly), I think, but Velna's a bit faster.
Wylfred (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) vs Tantra (Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter): Fuck off, Wyl. EDIT: That is a crass way of saying I don't allow plume skills so this fight isn't worth considering as such.

Middle

Ursula Fabul (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years) vs Lightning Farron (Final Fantasy XIII): Lightning's healing almost perfectly offsets Ursula's damage... except she's 1.5x average speed and gets doubles a lot. Lightning's only chance is to 2HKO and she doesn't even manage that against average to me.

Light

Borghen (Final Fantasy II) vs Doll (SaGa Frontier): Borghen is insanely bad. 34HKOs and durability that is below half PCHP. You need to be special to lose.
Amalthea (Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky) vs  Kongol (Legend of Dragoon): Has magic damage. As if that's not enough she has a 3-2. gj making Amaltha look good, Kongol.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 05:16:36 AM »
Godlike

Totooria Helmold (Atelier Totori: Adventurer of Arland) vs Cidolfas Orlandu (Final Fantasy Tactics): I'm assuming Ciddy can do 70% PCHP damage without a Bracer, or held to the average where everyone gets one.

Heavy

Flora (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Queen Zeal (Chrono Trigger): boss slugger
Marta Lualdi (Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World) vs Blue Mage (Final Fantasy V): Status gets by her physical status immunity? Meh.
Velna (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) vs Sasarai (Suikoden III): ID?
Wylfred (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) vs Tantra (Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter): Wyrm.

Middle

Ursula Fabul (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years) vs Lightning Farron (Final Fantasy XIII)
Ares (Eternal Poison) vs Micaiah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn): Oh. That's gonna leave a mark. (or if she can't OHKO [Tal's EP damage numbers are low], then uncounterable attack -> Dual Attack)
Estellise Sidos Heurassein (Tales of Vesperia) vs Yu Yevon (Final Fantasy X): Yu Yevon. No.

Light

Aguro (Lufia and the Fortress of Doom) vs Mel (Suikoden III): He hits harder.
Amalthea (Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky) vs  Kongol (Legend of Dragoon): This is sad. Anyways, magic attacks.

The usual.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 07:03:27 AM »
Sanctuary Keeper has badass magic damage, which is a good start for how to kill Taupy.  And it is indeed enough to kill Taupy for 95% of the game, but unfortunately for him Taupy's ultimate weapon from his sidequest has +50% max HP, so Keeper doesn't quite make it to a OHKO, and Taupy can heal it off easily enough while still beating down.   That leaves some kind of status blitz, but Taupy can null Sleep & Confusion.  Darkness is pretty annoying, actually, tanks Taupy's damage, and Silence can turn off the healing spigot, but will still require 2 more damage turns to finish the job.  Seems like too much has to go right for the Keeper to win this.

The good news for Terra is that the vast majority of Baal's stuff is Fire / Ice / Lightning and thus totally nulled, and his physicals ram into her evade, so a Drain strategy seems promising.  The bad news is that Baal has something like 30 PCHP (even if you scale solo bosses against a party of 3 or 4 normally, Baal's HP multiplies by the number of party members!) and an MP halve move.  So Baal can bust Terra's MP out, then beatdown once her Drain isn't a factor anymore.  The good news is that D2 bosses don't heal when you leave them (unlike Diablo 3), and yes, Terra learns Warp as a spell straight-up.  So Terra just warps out of battle once her MP gets too low, runs back to the airship, heals, then runs back to non-healing Baal.  You can do it to Doom Gaze, and Terra really does have Warp as a legit spell, and Baal doesn't have a can't-town-portal-flag (again unlike D3 bosses), so this seems a clean if unusual victory via WARP hype.
(For those curious since there's no stat topic,
http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/370600-diablo-ii-lord-of-destruction/faqs/18357
has a decent rundown on Baal's options.  Search for "Incineration Nova".)

Light

Amalthea (Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky) vs Kongol (Legend of Dragoon)
Amalthea durability is not great but it's not nearly bad enough as to eat a Kongol OHKO, which is what he needs.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 07:38:53 AM by SnowFire »

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 09:37:43 AM »
Godlike

Taupy Tauplin (Sands of Destruction) vs Sanctuary Keeper (Final Fantasy X) - Taupy 3HKOs average first turn if he forgoes Trump Card, Sanctuary Guardian has 1.24 PCHP and reduces damage by 55%, so assuming Taupy goes for Trump Card first turn, his first turn is a mighty 6HKO.  Sanctuary Keeper 2HKOs with Mana Breath but needs to silence first on 50% odds to turn off the healing, on the other hand since I'm pretty sure the statuses on Photon Wings make seperate checks it's fairly likely that he'll be hit by one of Darkness or Silence, both of which screw him over badly.  Meanwhile Sanctuary Guardian can cast Protect to make Taupy take even longer to kill.  If Taupy goes in with 1 BP he gets doublehosed by Darkness since he needs to hit to get more (and gives Sanctuary Keeper time to buff, heal, or use Photon Wings again), and if he goes in with more he shortchanges his own damage when he can get hits in. This assumes one doesn't see Curse as shutting down SoD characters getting their 6th BP in a round (which it arguably could, being a fairly close analogue to FFX Overdrives, SoD also has no analogue to that status to boot) or that Tail Sweep doesn't dispel the speed buff.  Good fight but I have no idea how the math works out here yet, but my gut says that Keeper can't be prevented from having enough control over the fight.  Unless you're Tal since he probably can't shut down three Taupies at once, but whatever

Heavy

Flora (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Queen Zeal (Chrono Trigger) - hahaha

Middle

Lucas (Mother 3) vs Nadia 'Marle' Guardia (Chrono Trigger) - Faster (..., to me anyways), likely not 2HKO'd since I don't allow Mother 3 combos, even if PK Love did 2HKO it's stupidly expensive and Marle can get out of the heal lock anyways and nothing can be done about Stop or Provoke.  Lucas is most likely not taking this on 10% ID.

Light

Borghen (Final Fantasy II) vs Doll (SaGa Frontier) - BORGHEN.
Ginji Sasaki (Persona 2: Innocent Sin) vs Shady Thousand (Wild ARMs 3) - Edit: I have completely forgotten who Ginji Sasaki is but I am fairly certain that he cannot possibly be incompetent enough to lose to *Shady*.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 12:26:54 PM by Random Consonant »

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 02:54:09 PM »

Heavy

Velna (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) vs Sasarai (Suikoden III)-  Kneejerk.
Wylfred (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) vs Tantra (Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter)- Leaning Tantra, but would have to look him up. Wyl isn't great without plume skills.

Middle

Ursula Fabul (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years) vs Lightning Farron (Final Fantasy XIII)- Not Light's type of fight.
Estellise Sidos Heurassein (Tales of Vesperia) vs Yu Yevon (Final Fantasy X)- What Pyro said.

Light

Aguro (Lufia and the Fortress of Doom) vs Mel (Suikoden III)- Aguro is competent against fighters.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 03:06:02 PM »
No voting indeed.

Heavy

Flora (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Queen Zeal (Chrono Trigger) - I cannot possibly fathom what made CK think this wasn't an unholy slaughter.
Velna (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) vs Sasarai (Suikoden III) - Sasarai's below average if he aims for the OHKO, and he gets one-shotted himself.

Middle

Estellise Sidos Heurassein (Tales of Vesperia) vs Yu Yevon (Final Fantasy X) - I already see the "Yu Yevon for certifiable Puny" hype train taking off and it makes me happy. =3

Aguro (Lufia and the Fortress of Doom) vs Mel (Suikoden III) - 2HKOs and Mel's evade can't really mitigate that nearly enough.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2012, 05:19:13 PM »
Godlike

Heavy

Flora (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Queen Zeal (Chrono Trigger)

Middle

Light

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2012, 06:46:01 PM »
Godlike

Jorgandr (Final Fantasy Legend 3) vs Nailah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) - I think Jorgandr reduces non-ITD physicals and magic by like 75%, if not moreso. LUNA would own him.
Taupy Tauplin (Sands of Destruction) vs Sanctuary Keeper (Final Fantasy X) - uhhh
Baal (Diablo 2: Lords of Destruction) vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI) - WARP HYPE
Totooria Helmold (Atelier Totori: Adventurer of Arland) vs Cidolfas Orlandu (Final Fantasy Tactics)

Heavy

Marta Lualdi (Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World) vs Blue Mage (Final Fantasy V)
Wylfred (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) vs Tantra (Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter)

Middle

Lucas (Mother 3) vs Nadia 'Marle' Guardia (Chrono Trigger) - Not sure Lucas has anything to get around Haste/Stop.
Ursula Fabul (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years) vs Lightning Farron (Final Fantasy XIII) FF4AY Speed means something???

Light

Aguro (Lufia and the Fortress of Doom) vs Mel (Suikoden III) I let people with A+ ranks or higher runes of that element. Soo...
Ginji Sasaki (Persona 2: Innocent Sin) vs Shady Thousand (Wild ARMs 3) - Ginji is so bad but Shady is worse.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2012, 09:33:00 PM »
LUNA would own him.

Savage has an ITD damage boost of +72 (and is functionally almost identical to Luna). The mastery skills which suffer against high defence are Astra, Impale, Sol (and the Sol half of Aether), Stun, Ire, and Deadeye.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2012, 12:38:48 AM »
Jorgandr's durability doesn't come from really high defense, but rather his Strong-All attribute which cuts damage to about 1/4. Savage would still get cut rather significantly due to it. It's a resistance rather than just a really high defense stat. I'd have to think about whether I see Luna getting past it.

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2012, 12:59:31 AM »
Well he has freaklish high defense on top of the Strong All too, but yeah.

Noted on Savage, I figured it probably had something like that but never checked.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2012, 09:35:35 AM »
Godlike

Jorgandr (Final Fantasy Legend 3) vs Nailah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)- No vote.
Taupy Tauplin (Sands of Destruction) vs Sanctuary Keeper (Final Fantasy X)- Random's breakdown sounds about right.
Baal (Diablo 2: Lords of Destruction) vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI)- No vote.
Totooria Helmold (Atelier Totori: Adventurer of Arland) vs Cidolfas Orlandu (Final Fantasy Tactics)- No vote.

Heavy

Marta Lualdi (Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World) vs Blue Mage (Final Fantasy V)- If memory serves, ToS2 had a good stock of status blockers, but off accessories both core PCs could use (and honestly I forget if the other cast members could or not).  I could maybe see an argument (although even then, we're talking Blue Mage), but not one I'd use myself.
Velna (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) vs Sasarai (Suikoden III)- Blah.  I'm sure I was a dungeon and half away from Velna, but lazy.
Wylfred (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) vs Tantra (Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter)- son of a... I could have sworn we had more stat topics with all the bosses.  Whatever, from memory I question Tantra's ability to beat Wyl with just Ancel's skill, let alone all of them as I'd allow.

Middle

Lucas (Mother 3) vs Nadia 'Marle' Guardia (Chrono Trigger)- Hurray.
Ursula Fabul (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years) vs Lightning Farron (Final Fantasy XIII)- All the not voting.
Ares (Eternal Poison) vs Micaiah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)- All of it.
Estellise Sidos Heurassein (Tales of Vesperia) vs Yu Yevon (Final Fantasy X)- Estelle is pretty much exactly the wrong build for this.

Light

Aguro (Lufia and the Fortress of Doom) vs Mel (Suikoden III)- No vote.
Ginji Sasaki (Persona 2: Innocent Sin) vs Shady Thousand (Wild ARMs 3)- Hm.  Probably a bit faster.

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2012, 06:06:36 PM »
CK, wouldn't Estelle's magic immunity utterly wall Yu Yevon even assuming he's not a Puny?
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2012, 06:07:25 PM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Light

MalcolmMasher

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2012, 06:49:07 PM »
Light

Borghen (Final Fantasy II) vs Doll (SaGa Frontier) - Runs Borghen out of healing.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2012, 01:53:16 AM »
Godlike

Totooria Helmold (Atelier Totori: Adventurer of Arland) vs Cidolfas Orlandu (Final Fantasy Tactics
)

Heavy

Middle

Light

When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2012, 01:56:40 AM »
Godlike

Jorgandr (Final Fantasy Legend 3) vs Nailah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) - Eh...Savage is brutal enough, I see her killing in time.

Heavy

Velna (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) vs Sasarai (Suikoden III) - I...think? Velna gives me headaches, but not inclined to respect Sasarai durability at all.

Middle

Lucas (Mother 3) vs Nadia 'Marle' Guardia (Chrono Trigger) - I don't think Lucas gets a stop blocker, so that's that.

Light

Borghen (Final Fantasy II) vs Doll (SaGa Frontier) - Doll. Winning a fight. -_-
Aguro (Lufia and the Fortress of Doom) vs Mel (Suikoden III) - See Neph.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2012, 02:18:39 AM »
Godlike

Baal (Diablo 2: Lords of Destruction) vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI) - Down with WARP HYPE, though honestly I think I'd be okay with letting any PC with a retreat option use it against him.

Heavy

Wylfred (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) vs Tantra (Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter) - I would personally allow ALL the Plume Skills, but at the very least I'd give him the option of being "C Path" Wyl which nets him the highest number of Plume Skills in one playthrough.

Middle

Ares (Eternal Poison) vs Micaiah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) - I think she's technically resistant to Ares' damage thanks to the Magic Triangle?
Estellise Sidos Heurassein (Tales of Vesperia) vs Yu Yevon (Final Fantasy X) - Yay Magic Immunity, Estelle's probably a Low Heavy~

Light

Borghen (Final Fantasy II) vs Doll (SaGa Frontier) - Yay~
Aguro (Lufia and the Fortress of Doom) vs Mel (Suikoden III) - Whocares~
Ginji Sasaki (Persona 2: Innocent Sin) vs Shady Thousand (Wild ARMs 3) - Boo~

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2012, 06:55:22 AM »
Results

Godlike

Jorgandr (Final Fantasy Legend 3)- ii vs Nailah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)- ii (all the hatbot)
Taupy Tauplin (Sands of Destruction)- ii vs Sanctuary Keeper (Final Fantasy X)- iii
Baal (Diablo 2: Lords of Destruction) vs Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI)- iiii
Totooria Helmold (Atelier Totori: Adventurer of Arland) vs Cidolfas Orlandu (Final Fantasy Tactics)- ii

Heavy

Flora (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road)- iiiiiiii vs Queen Zeal (Chrono Trigger)
Marta Lualdi (Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World) vs Blue Mage (Final Fantasy V)- iii
Velna (Legaia 2: Duel Saga)- iiiiiii vs Sasarai (Suikoden III)- i
Wylfred (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume)- iiiii vs Tantra (Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter)- i

Middle

Lucas (Mother 3) vs Nadia 'Marle' Guardia (Chrono Trigger)- iiiii
Ursula Fabul (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years)- iiiiii vs Lightning Farron (Final Fantasy XIII)
Ares (Eternal Poison)- ii vs Micaiah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)- i
Estellise Sidos Heurassein (Tales of Vesperia)- iiii vs Yu Yevon (Final Fantasy X)- i

Light

Borghen (Final Fantasy II) vs Doll (SaGa Frontier)- iiiiiiiii
Aguro (Lufia and the Fortress of Doom)- iiiii vs Mel (Suikoden III)- iii
Ginji Sasaki (Persona 2: Innocent Sin)- iiii vs Shady Thousand (Wild ARMs 3)
Amalthea (Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky)- iiiii vs  Kongol (Legend of Dragoon)

Nephrite

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2012, 07:04:46 AM »
nooo the obscure ffl3 boss how could you do this to me hatbot